[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In April, I had my appendix removed. I didnt have health insurance.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: prices.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
prices.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
In April, I had my appendix removed. I didnt have health insurance. They tried to help me get health insurance, and I got denied several times by the govt. I was always missing 1-2 paystubs/documents. By the end of the summer I said "fuck this" and stopped applying. Since the fall I've been getting collection notices from 4-5 different agencies representing the hospital, the radiologists, the doctors office, etc.

I was in that motherfucker for less than 24 hours and all this shit totals up to about $30,000. I am 21. I don't have any money. I don't have health insurance because I am in tremendous health and don't get sick. And how ridiculous is American healthcare? I get fined for not being insured? $30,000 of debt or death by appendicitis? I don't think I need to convince anyone how fucked up this is.

Meanwhile, I know I'm a piece of garbage for knowing all this and leaving it alone for so long. I just didn't give a fuck. I felt good about going back to school and I was doing lots of drugs. I figured, well, I have my car, and my apartment, and money to survive, so fuck it!

Well, now, Ive been evicted. I am in treatment for my drug addiction. I literally spent over a year being fucked up and only caring if my rent was paid, and I did so much damage. When I get out of here, I want to fix as much of this as humanly possible. How do I even go about this?
>>
>>1002065
1. Medical things are expensive because 99% of people who use them have insurance and insurance doesn't give a fuck about the costs, especially because the gubbmint subsidizes them so much.
2. You're not too healthy to get insurance. You're just too stupid. Keep track of your god damned pay stubs/documents you idiot. People tried to help you and you shitted out.
3. You had a life-saving operation performed by some of the best doctors in the world. 30k is cheap.

The only person to blame here is you. Now, if you are going to fix it talk to your creditors and consider bankruptcy. You will probably never qualify for a loan again if you do though.
>>
>>1002065
You're past self was a piece of shit. I'm glad you're not him.
>How do I even go about this?
Attain currency.
It's that simple. Get a job, or two. Or... three.

Alternatively you could just declare bankruptcy. Your credit is fucked regardless.
>>
>>1002075
Your*
>>
Financially, I feel pretty helpless right now. I lost a lot of shit. Before I got evicted someone broke my window while I was working and stole almost everything of value I had. Now I'm living in a goddamn halfway house. I'm like the youngest person here. I can't even have a life for like 3 months. I have a curfew. There are no girls around. Fuck!

I was in a dumb community college taking basic core classes. I had to stop going in light of recent events but the shit was so easy and pointless. I had no idea what I was doing there. It was a commuter college so there's no real sense of community at all.

I'm not sure where I'm trying to say? Fuck the system? I don't know.
>>
>>1002123
If I were you, I would declare bankruptcy if that would erase the debt. With the criminal record you have, you're probably not going to be able to secure a job that pays you much more than you need to get back to where you came from, living month to month.

Unless you have some entrepreneurial skills, motivation and ideas.
>>
Have you have tried sucking dicks and/or asking >>>/r9k/?

>I was in a dumb community college taking basic core classes. I had to stop going in light of recent events but the shit was so easy and pointless

Why is your subhuman kind the only ones who go to community college? I've noticed that not a single normal person goes to them, is it really that easy that inferior people can excel in it?
>>
guess what, princess, you're not entitled to the best healthcare in the world. now man up and pay up.
>>
>>1002133
It's not that bad what I got in trouble for. I think the fact that I'm seeking treatment before I've even gone to court will definitely help. Worst case scenario, I'm doing a year or two of probation and a low level felony that can be reverse with time and good behavior.

>>1002140
I'm gonna need a concise definition of "normal person" before I entertain your response.
>>
>>1002140
i have a friend who did community college and now goes to nursing school. he's the most financially secure guy i know; no debt, good credit, saves money, lives within his means, etc. "Common sense" stuff, but it's literally just him and myself who do this in both of our lives.

he's definitely an exception though.
>>
>>1002065

try r9k
>>
>>1002065

> medical debts

you really don't even need to pay them.

Just might make it hard to own a house, but that's it.

I have 2 med debts I'm never gonna pay. I have the collection agents on a reject call list on my smartphone.
>>
>>1002065
Serves you for not being productive and not having a job that gives you health insurance.
>>
I can proudly say I've never posted on r9k in the 6 years I've known about the 4chan.

Thank you to 4-5 people for the practical advice and the rest of you can and should suck my dick. Unless you'd like it. Then ew
>>
>>1002065
stupid americas, having no free healthcare
i had bacterial meningitis. they literally saved my life, i had to spend two week in a hospital.
yet no bills. terrific. just another day in a third world europoor slavshit country
>>
>>1004277
>stupid americas, having no free healthcare

But it's not free. You pay it with taxes.
>>
You sound like an insufferable piece of shit OP

The best advice I can give is to consider suicide

I mean you're a stupid parasitic fuck

Might as well mulligan your life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.