[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>15 dollars taken out of my paycheck everyday due to taxes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1411966090068.jpg (22KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
1411966090068.jpg
22KB, 259x259px
>15 dollars taken out of my paycheck everyday due to taxes
What the fuck how do I stop this?
>>
File: Switzerland_National_Flag.jpg (45KB, 461x380px) Image search: [Google]
Switzerland_National_Flag.jpg
45KB, 461x380px
>>
>>1000670

kill yourself
>>
Quit your job.
>>
>>1000670
>Find enough deductions to have $0 in taxable income
>get refunded income tax
>live a long life with health complications to milk SSI and medicare for all it is worth
>>
>another 15 gone today
>>
>>1000670
Become neet.
>>
>>1000670
>$15
Nigger what? I lose almost $100 to taxes every day.
>>
I wonder if we could have a serious thread about income tax. My tax prof says it's not really legal what the IRS does. For example, income taxes were supposed to only be to fund the war, but since WWII they've just skyrocketed to absurd levels instead of being retired, building an entire leeching entity sucking our blood and spitting a few bux to the poor as justification while swallowing the rest. Between tax and inflation, they manage to steal the majority of our earnings before they even land in our pocket. A govt is supposed to serve its constituents, and only them, and obey their wishes, and be subject to their approval, and to take only what is needed to maintain minimum function necessary to secure the state. Instead it's evolved to a mandatory 20-40% of your money, just gone, before considering inflation. And there is so much excess and pork it should be criminal (and arguably is.) Our money is stolen and put to purposes that a voting majority disapprove of, but because it's representative rather than direct democracy and every candidate supports this bullshit, we get no say.

Obviously not ver batim. Agree?

At this point only a violent revolution could kill the leech...but that wouldn't be very nice. So of course I'm not advocating for that or anything of that nature. Of course.
>>
>>1001605
I don't think it's illegal lol. But yes, you're right that it isn't going away any time soon.
>>
>>1001605
Taxes are legal in that they are codified by law and within the purview of Congress under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. Taxes on income are, furthermore, Constitutional after the Union Pacific case in 1916, And income taxes weren't used to fund a war necessarily; the income tax of 1894 was used to replace the income lost from a reduction in tariffs, a 2% rate on income above 4000.

Your professor is envisioning a watchman state in the Nozickian sense, where the government exists solely to secure borders. Our government, because of how the constituents and their representatives have voted, not only defends our interests in terms of security, but allows for the freedom of navigation of the seas through the navy, delivers post, provides services such as spectrum assignment and airspace policing, funds scholarships and research, and maintains national parks. You may not agree with all these services, but that's more indicative of your personal preference rather than what is a objectively correct. I agree there are a lot of programs that I would disagree with (mortgage credits, for instance) and it is frustrating when our direct will isn't translated into political action, but the nature of a republic and democracy is that we can check competing powers and preferences against one another rather than have a single entity act as a dictating agent. Your professor is making a normative claim, not a legal one.

Inflation is currently extremely low. You really don't lose much out of a paycheck from current rates of inflation. Thank God that you aren't alive during Gerald Ford.
>>
Tax doesn't bother me, what bothers me is pissing capital away, insolvent governments that debase my currency and income that services loans rather than investment. I do not run my house this way and I don't like being coerced into this type of expenditure
>>
>>1000670
Become unemployed.
>>
>>1001658
>you even get taxed 10% on unemployment payments
>>
>>1001605
go to somalia lmao
>>
>>1001638

Nice reply.

Taxes are indeed legal, but it was implied that taxes be only what was necessary. "While authorizing Congress to levy taxes, this clause permits the levying of taxes for two purposes only: to pay the debts of the United States, and to provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States." Instead the tax code is now absurdly complex and has had its purpose twisted from maintaining a functional government and for common welfare like road construction or post, to a hydra of special interests and subsidies. Credits and deductions were played with to make a game out of shirking taxes for those who had the knowledge to, or could hire someone who did. They're now needlessly complicated for the express purpose of manipulating the code to reduce one's own burden. Taxes are also collected and put to unpopular uses, like foreign donation in the billions, which per the language is neither for defense nor general welfare of the citizens and is not for paying our national debts.

In general, tax collecting is legal. But specific purposes our taxes are put to may not be legal.

The current levels are also beyond the scope imagined. Originally taxes were very low, around 2%, and only for the wealthiest of citizens. They now go up to 39.6% and nearly everyone working at a level above McDonalds pays them.

While I agree that more than pure defense and paying the electric for congress to meet is okay, it's gone too far and become more of a burden on citizens than a benefit. Especially when levels keep climbing and money keeps falling through cracks to mysteriously disappear. The government was intended to have transparency and, importantly, accountability to citizens, and that is no longer viable due to the complex levels it has swelled to. Both our tax code and our law code are of unreadable length, not because that length is necessary but because complexity helps keep it a tool of the elite and inaccessible to common men.
>>
>>1001697

That isn't what I am saying. I more agree with this guy.

>>1001645
>I do not run my house this way and I don't like being coerced into this type of expenditure

There's a difference between necessary levels of taxation and the mess we have now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.