[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24 >only have an associates degree >make $16/h in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: 1427844222792.jpg (46KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
1427844222792.jpg
46KB, 590x393px
>24
>only have an associates degree
>make $16/h in a dead end job

Most other people my age
>have a bachelors or master degree
>usually making 70k-100k a year
>many already own houses and are married or engaged

Is it too late for me?
>>
>are married
They have already fucked up more than you.
>>
no

there were people who were homeless at your age and made themselves by their late 30s.

if you wanna do something do it, and stop asking.
>>
>>1000549
>Most other people my age
>>have a bachelors or master degree
>>usually making 70k-100k a year
>>many already own houses and are married or engaged

>24

Not that's not really true. "Many" people do not earn 70-100k/yr let alone own houses or are married at 24.

Where the fuck did you get that from?
>>
get a ccna ya dingus
>>
>>1000559
His peer group, which is clearly full of liars. 24 year old with Bachelors making 100k is highly unusual.
>>
>>1000568
>His peer group, which is clearly full of liars

I didn't know such an unsuccessful person had such a successful peer group. Is that even possible?

Also WHO gets married at 24? It's the very start of your career... makes no sense
>>
>>1000568
idk in NYC it seems plausible. I eneded up being the brokest one of my highschool friend group.
>me: Chemist getting a masters in ChemE at Columbia while doing R&D at a local pilot plant 60k maybe 75k if you count the tuition that I get reimbursed.

>friend1: analyst at Rothschild 90-110k starting. was a weenie that posted on something awful forums in highschool but his dad is an investment banker in HongKong.

>friend2: CS gig for Bloomberg 130k starting. We were on equal footing leaving for college, but he did CS at RPI and didn't dick around. it also helped that he was on a visa, gay, so he didn't have room to dick around.
>>
lmao this has to be a bait thread
>>
>>1000620
I agree. Hourly at $16 is not a bad job at all.
>>
>>1000549
People who have high incomes post about their "problems" as a way to brag.
>>
OP you need better bait.

But by some chance you're legit, do yourself a favor and google where some of the most successful people were at 24.
>>
>>1000581
>gay
>didnt have room to dick around
wut
>>
>most other people
You sure about that one, sport?
>>
>27
>$10/hr
kill me
>>
>>1000549
I'm 25, 2 AAs, and make 9k/mo.
Ar you in debt?
>>
>>1000768
AA ?
>>
>>1000788
Anonymous Alcoholics
>>
>>1000768
>>1000788
>>1000798
Associate of Arts
>>
>>1000549
>Is it too late for me?

if you have to ask, the answer is usually 'yes'.
>>
>>1000549
>24
In debt/student loans
Work in retail/food service
Live with their parents or live with roommates in a cramped apartment.

Don't compare yourself to others, it's a waste of time. Just quit complaining and better yourself.
>>
>>1000805
>1 associate of arts
>this is so useful i'll get another
you are in exactly the position you deserve
>>
>>1000845
You clearly missed the part where I make more money than you
>>
>>1000549
no, live on a very very tight budget, learn how to invest in solid companys. save some of your money in stocks and the other bit save up to buy a very very cheap rental property.

you will not get the best returns but its ALWAYS a good thing to learn how to make your money work for you, it's your best employee that will work 24/7 and not complain.
>>
File: 1449995786835.jpg (862KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449995786835.jpg
862KB, 1200x1200px
>married at 24
>>
File: 1439297640664.jpg (31KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1439297640664.jpg
31KB, 234x250px
>>1000549
>Most other people my age have a bachelors or master degree
You'd be suprised
>usually making 70k-100k a year
>many already own houses
Now I know for a fact you're shitposting
>>
>>1000549
Except that's not true. Most people your age do not have a bachelors or masters, do not make taht much, and do not own a house.

I'm not even sure most are married. Yes, more people are college grads tahn ever before, but still most people only go to high school.
>>
Yeah here's who I am rn

>27
>Master's Degree in a subject I don't want to pursue anymore
>No debt
>Not even looking for work

Not in the mood to get a PhD (if I did, it would be at an Ivy League or private school). Thought about moving to New York cause that's where a lot of my friends live, but that's a big no no.
>>
Yeah
>>
>24
>Bachelor's degree
>Unemployed
>$17,000k saved up

My only route is master's degree but I'm afraid of commitment guyz
>>
>>1001028
What did you get a degree in?
>>
>28

>spent 7 years doing a bachelors in software engineering, now that I graduated I realize I dont like this shit

>reason it took me that long was because I was working bunch of different type of jobs, best one of which paid me $19 an hour

>now I am graduated, very little debt, with a bachelors in a STEM field I do not like at all

Now the real game begins, I can clean up really nice and bullshit with the best of them.

I am hoping I can convert this STEM degree and my ability to shoot the shit into a completely unrelated field that I end up enjoying/getting decently compensated.

The struggle is real, I hope I make it, I hope we all make it.
>>
the majority of people don't make what you think most 24 year olds make. Are you sure you're not 14?
>>
First gear of a graduate job
26,000 gbp a year
I have taught ESL abroad and this salary feels really shitty considering how expensive everything is here and how high the taxes are. Does salary in professional jobs suddenly rise in a few years with experience? I can't be living on this kind of chicken feed.
>>
When I was 24, had no job. No house. Graduated, started working in real estate, sales manager now, rare around 100-120k euro a year. (27 now)
My best advice, if it's a job where you get payed a wage, or by the hour, don't do it. Find something which you love to do, and where you get payed for the work you do. (I do work 7 days in the week, sales don't stop on sunday)
>>
Rare should have been *earn. Fuck you autocorrect
>>
>>1000557
You are the fucking light man, the fucking light. Sometimes i forgot that /biz/ is in 4chan.
>>
File: 1430591922058.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1430591922058.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>1000549

>Married

Consider this a giant advantage in your favour.

I'm 29 and just finishing my bachelor's degree. No debt, no liabilities. Some people my age are already in crushing mortgage debt, divorced and alcoholics.

Keep plugging away at your goals, don't mind the livestock.
>>
>>1000858

You clearly didn't say how, which makes all of your statements so far meaningless.

How does a clearly, low IQ person like yourself even make more than minimum wage is the true question.
>>
>>1000557
This.

I was homeless at your age, but managed to get myself into school by 25. I'm working on getting into grad school, and hope to make it by my mid to late 30s.

It's not too late at all. You have a job that pays well above minimum wage. You're more ahead in the game than you think.
>>
>>1000549

YOu can retire on 16 an hour if you live frugally.
>>
File: blue-dragon-skim-water.jpg (71KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
blue-dragon-skim-water.jpg
71KB, 980x551px
>>1000549
>making 70k-100k a year
>most 24 year olds
yeah, no
>>
>25 freshman uni
>make $0
Most of my friends are 24 and they are still at school, doing internships or unemployed.
>>
>>1000845
He said 9k per month instead of talking like a normal person.
>>
i'm gonna be 25 in spring

will graduate in may with shit gpa BBA

can't get an internship for the life of me

have held down the same job for all of college that has shit pay but i don't really have to do anything

maybe i can get an entry level desk job at a warehouse and move out of my parents' house ;)
>>
Why do you care so much what other people think?

Of course it's not too late, your job paying position isn't the best but it definitely is sufficient to jump start success.

Get to work, figure it out.
>>
Why is it that we always see these fucking threads? Maybe it's because half the people on /biz/ make it seem like they're all making 150k a year at 22? Which I'm going to wager 90% are full of shit.

>>1000549
No, it's not too late. What are you doing now that makes you 16/hr?
>>
>>1000788
anti aliasing
>>
File: rock.gif (1MB, 200x154px) Image search: [Google]
rock.gif
1MB, 200x154px
>>1000549
24, got an associate, making ~30k a year, you're doing okay OP. Just don't get a girl pregnant and finish your bachelor's.
>>
File: IT JUST WERKS.gif (329KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IT JUST WERKS.gif
329KB, 300x300px
>Want to become NEET again so i can focus on my art skills, only recently discovered a love for it.
>Currently work full time at a dead end retail
>Stress levels through the roof, sometimes i feel that my mask is slipping
>Sending 10+ applications a day, only 2 replies in a week
>Parents will not let me become NEET again
>Friends are all lazy fuckers who don't do anything, even when i organise
I honestly feel like i'm going insane
>>
>28
>40k salary, house, married
>lived in parents house at 24, single kiss less virgin
>associates applied science

Give it time OP, given enough time you can make anything happen. Hell, I married the girl that friend zoned me years before.
>>
>>1000549
WTF?! Unless you sucked in community college then of course it's not too late for ya. You better move quickly for a Bachelors and a few internships though.
>>
>>1000549
Who the hell are "most people"?! I know nobody below 35 with any of those except the married/engaged thing...
>>
>>1004370
Enjoy divorce, dumbass
>>
>>1004370
>became a literal beta provider

kekek. What a plan pal.
>>
Your friends are lying or their parents are buying them a starter house. This isn't going to end well for them. Most people buying houses in their 20s come from rich families. I am not making this up. There was study conducted earlier this year, and about 80% of those in their 20s, who buy houses are from the top 5% wealth bracket. Most people in their 20s are broke and no one knows what to do. Eventually someone is going to go patriot style on someone in power. Millennials and late-gen Xers are extremely angry toward their governments.
>>
>>1004370

>Getting married
That's how you know you fucked up.
>>
>>1000549

>26
>mfw most people my age are in debt and/or living paycheck to paycheck

Of my circle of acquaintances and friends I only know of one married couple in my age range that actually owns a house. Don't be ashamed OP times are tough, the economy hasn't recovered from the recession no matter how much Obama's administration tries to fib the numbers.
>>
File: 1439143434836.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439143434836.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>1000549
Same boat friend
>20
>No car
>Owe my school 2000$ which is about to be sent to collections
>Can't sign up for classes so going to have to sit out next semester
>Lost my seasonal job monday
>Can't find a job
>60$ in my account and my cellphone bill (35$) is due tomorrow
I already signed up with a temp agency and they never called me after I applied.
I've also been looking for internships/junior Electrical Engineering jobs and can't find any for an undergrad in my area

What the fuck do I do guys. I am sending 10~30 applications a week on indeed. And jesus I have to go through so many "qualifications"
>Customer service rep.
>"Receive and respond to a high volume of inbound phone calls from customers as well as sales representatives."
>2 years experience
>[List of an exemplary candidate with no flaws]
>Bachelors "preferred"
Its nearly the same with every job. even for seasonal/retail jobs.
How the fuck is it so hard to get 2000$ from part time work as a 20 year old, with college experience, after nearly 7 months of applying.

I wish assisted suicide was legal
Any advice guys(about my situation not the suicide)

>>1000581
>idk in NYC it seems plausible
I am here and you would think with Electrical engineering and AMT backgrounds I would be making dosh right now but I am not.
Its alright not moving forward a year after leaving high school but once the 2 year mark hits and your still in the same shitty situation...
>>
File: 1372560006978.jpg (77KB, 895x707px) Image search: [Google]
1372560006978.jpg
77KB, 895x707px
>>1006499
if the economy is in the shitty why are cars selling like hotcakes? I'm sorry, but if the economy is in such a shithole automobiles wouldnt be selling the way they are.

It's not hard to get a factory job that pays 35-60k+ a year. People just think they're entitled to live in certain places, or love what they do. Most just think they're entitled to a white collar job.
>>
Dude I have a bachelors in Finance and I'm only making $46k gross. Only a small percentage of my peers started off making more than 60k a year.
>>
>>1006534

Cars sell like hotcakes because loans are easy, just like defaulting on them.

Repo is fun.
>>
23 and making 80k a year
>>
>>1006553

as a 22 year old, getting my first loan at 19 for 4k was a pain in the ass, and paid that off in a year. I think it was a 3 year term. I bought a 10k car after, and my loan was just as difficult to get, if not more so.

Maybe its easy getting a 15k loan as a middle-aged person, but in my experience loans are not exactly easy to get.
>>
>>1006534
>>1006560

They're called loans and they're easy to get if you don't have shit credit. Of course it's fucking hard to get a loan at 19 because you didn't have the time to start building a good credit score.

>if the economy is in the shitty why are cars selling like hotcakes?

Car purchases are not an indication of economic growth, people buy shit they can't afford all the time it's also one of the reasons why so many people in my generation are financially fucked.
>>
>most 24 year olds
>70-100k a year

What reality do you fucking live in? In the UK the average 24 year old is making roughly 26k a year. Get out more.
>>
>>1006706
meh when you can get a good job in the automotive industry, everything seems fine and dandy to me. People think they're entitled to things beyond basic survival, and I don't particularly understand that.

I don't get you people. First you say loans are easy, but only if you have a good credit score. Aren't people will good credit scores less likely to default on the loan? Isn't that the point?

Maybe I'm a retard, but I find it hard to believe banks would be so willing to hand out money on a liability. If they know it's going to get repo'd and they're more than likely to lose their money, why the fuck would they loan the money?
>>
I'm 24 and make 40k. I know far more people making less than me in my peer group than those making more. Just keep your head down and keep moving forward. You should always be doing something that has the potential to improve your situation.
>>
>>1006740
What is interest.

Banks and others take on the risk by charging people with shit credit a ton of interest. Anyone CAN get a loan for a vehicle..but they'll just pay 150% of what they bought the car for.
>>
>23
>making 45K/yr + 5K to super
>no debt but no significant ownership either
>some money in savings and index funds
Feels mediocre
>>
>>1006716
>26K
That's misleading when you put it in pounds

Not that he's right
>>
>>1006740

You don't understand how banks work, they're in the business of lending money not holding them and there's inherent risks involved in such ventures. Banks by law are required to hold a certain amount of money in reserves but the rest is surplus which they lend to individuals, businesses and other banks.

When dealing with people with shitty credits they find ways to mitigate risks like >>1006917 said one way is to charge high interest rates and another is have a co-signer on the loan so the banks can go after multiple parties in case one can't pay up.
>>
>>1002930
Thank you wise Caracal, you made me feel a little bit better.
>>
>>1006547
Holy shit are you me? I have the same degree and make the same amount of money exactly.
>>
>>1000549
Hey OP it's okay. Last night I just met a 24 year old who is dating one of my gf's coworkers. Dude got out of prison in April and is covered in hipster tattoos(Pokemon, ironic jokes, tattoo of a dick and balls riding a bullet on his calf). He works at a liquor store, and informed me that he drives 40 miles every two weeks to pick up his paycheck from a sister store. I asked why he didn't just have it direct deposited, and he told me that he doesn't have a bank account. I wanted to laugh him out of the room.

So at least you're not that guy.
>>
>>1006917
If they're lending to people and they know they're going to default, on a liability, why would they voluntarily want to lose money.

That's my only point. I'm talking new cars here, not used ones. If you could show me a bank willing to charge 150% interest on someone with shitty credit for a brand new automobile from a dealer, I'd love to see.

You're talking about cars as if though they're houses in 2008. Call me crazy but I don't think the banks want to lose money on new cars. A house is supposed to be an asset, so I can see why they'd be less worried about lending on a house.

Either way I think the lending is more strict than you are saying.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.