[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything more humiliating than working a customer service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

File: 1452224815034.jpg (187KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452224815034.jpg
187KB, 1280x800px
Is there anything more humiliating than working a customer service job? I became a truck driver so I don't have to deal with the public anymore.
>>
>>2192650
First of all
RESPECT- Truckers run the economy.

Second
There is nothing humiliating in working in customer service; Goyim need service, you give them service, all jobs are respectful jobs as long as they are made under respectful conditions.
>>
>>2192651
/thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaZseAwIdlY
>>
Service jobs make up half the GDP in America.

I hate higher middle class Trump supporters because they haven't seen shit that goes down that requires people to fill these positions. Many adults work at McDonald's for instance because it's a business that has locations virtually everywhere and flexible hours so you can make it your second or third gig.

If you think you're better than anybody else for an honest day's work, you're not.
>>
>>2192650
Service is OK when you run your own business.

>Do it exactly the way I want
>Fire bad customers
>>
>>2192650
Working for a company where your job is to sit at a desk and post on an anime imageboard to shill.
>>
>>2192651
this

customer service sucks but it depends how you approach it, like most things in life

OP just has le autisms
>>
>>2192650
This wasnt embarassing due to any publically known reasons, but was incredibly embarassing on a self-worth/pride level. I have a degree in biochemistry but i find myself working the kind of job that doesn't use E-Verify because it is a steady income until i find a better job. Surrounded by mexicans, half who cant speak english and ex-cons. Im beginning to think driving uber during this inter-job period would be better purely on mental health reasons. So no, im not sure customer service jobs are the worst/most embarassing
>>
>>2192657
>>2192650
>>2192651

everyone should do a customer service job for a short period in their life.

it makes you more humble, respect drones in the service industry; therefore you get equal to good service

it's like walking miles in other's shoes
>>
Worst thing about customer service is customers.
they can be infuriating.
>>
I think most customer service jobs highly depend on your boss.
Its one thing to deal with annoying customers.
Its another thing to frequently lie to customers because you have to.
And its another instance if you have to constantly justify infront of your boss.

There are always people who complain because they want to complain. Its actually really funny if you argue with them infront of other people and make them look like idiots. In fact I have had multiple times where people demanded my manager and I denied them, they then always threaten me with a lawsuit and what not. Meanwhile other customers have a nice time listening to the idiots.

Also women are worse than men. Because they are fucking complicated retards when it comes to payment / billing
>>
>>2192650
I'm a bartender and I basically just talk about philosophy and psychology with drunk normies all night

It aint half bad desu
>>
working a customer service job is am awfull job if you work for a big company or asshole manager. i myself work at a small convinient store and i can just sit and watch tv while drinking beer, and the costumers dont bother me at all.
>>
>>2192663
>drink beer all day

wow, ysrael really is just a slav colony
>>
>>2192664
you dont deserve your flag if you arent drinking beer all day you fucking poser fag
>>
>>2192650
you want the easiest job?
work for government specifically county government. Good pay and beni's and some days I come in to work and just stream shit all day. I could work from home if our union allowed it.
>>
>>2192665
>>2192664
Thought Americans like whiskey
>>
>>2192651
>serving someone food is not degrading
>>
>>2192650
Prostitution. Begging. Being a NEET. Being homeless.

I work a tech service job. I get to sit on my ass in an air conditioned building while I answer phone calls helping dumbfucks fix computer issues. I make a middle class living with no college education and I don't have to work very hard at all.

There's absolutely no shame in working any kind of service job.
>>
File: 1505548920019.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505548920019.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Trucker jobs are going to automate fully and disappear within 5 years
>>
File: 2.png (564KB, 1464x740px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
564KB, 1464x740px
I finally graduated and got a comfy office job.

Holy shit is it better than retail

>can stroll in at any time I want, just don't take the piss and be over like 30 minutes late
>even then it's cool, just don't make it a habit
>no clocking in, no pay deductions for being late
>can leave any time I want after 5pm
>oh, some extra work to do? I'll stay on until 7pm, will make tomorrow more relaxing
>oh cool it's 12pm, time to browse the internet for two hours
>can go for a shit whenever I want
>in charge of my own schedule for meetings
>sales reports, excel, powerpoint, all become a breezy habit
>get paid 4-5 times as much
>nice home, car, all the electronics I want

24 years old and now starting to look into retirement funds. Not sure what people have against these office jobs. My boss is a nice guy and my pay is going up. I like getting up in the morning to face the challenges ahead.

I dislike how women now find me attractive.
>>
>>2192650
How's the meth and lot lizards down undah
>>
>>2192650

You're a kike
Sage this slide thread
OP someone you love will die soon
>>
No man should work in customer service
>>
>>2192650
The worst thing about the service industry is the boss trying to squeeze you, so fuck that industry.
>>
>>2192659
It also makes you realize that the average person is an idiot.

>The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. -Winston Churchill
>>
>>2192650
I'm glad you found a job with greater potential for psychic profit, anon. I wish other people sorted their lives with the effort you put in.
>>
Customer service = NPC
>>
File: woestu.jpg (31KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
woestu.jpg
31KB, 960x540px
>>2192671
yeah now you have to ward off all the gold diggers that previously wouldn't even look at you, gl m8
>>
>>2192650
You made the right choice.
>>
>>2192669
/IT helpdesk/ reporting
Hours, bennies and bosses are alright.
Tedious as fuck though I mostly hand out new passwords and instruct adults on how to operate the "shift" key
>>
There is nothing wrong with working at customer service/McJob if its temporary, like while you are studying or trying to find a job suited for your degree.

Now if its full-time however...
>>
File: excavator.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
excavator.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
It takes literally 5 minutes to learn how to operate an excavator.
Then you can make at least $27/hr as a union operator.

Cry me a river you wage slave customer service cucks. You sound like SJWs for fuck's sake.
It's no one's fault but your own that you're a fucking loser.
>>
File: HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>2192683
If your job takes 5 minutes to learn, guess how easy it will be to automate / outsource?
>>
>>2192650
Well that depends. What would you define as humiliating?
>>
>>2192684
Still can't automate burger flippers.
>>
>>2192684
How the fuck do you outsource heavy machinery operators?
>>
>>2192683
Where do you find the excavator?
>>
File: giraffe.png (326KB, 885x530px) Image search: [Google]
giraffe.png
326KB, 885x530px
>>2192650
yes, being a giraffe on national television
>>
>>2192668
True. You have the power to make them shit all day long.This is also the reason why I'm always very polite to the people who cook and serve my food.
>>
File: merchant.webm (3MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.webm
3MB, 1024x768px
>work as a gas station clerk
>girl comes in
>she's 8/10
>its 10 pm
>ask her how she is doing for the night
>ring her stuff up
>its cheap
>" that will be 2:46"
>she cracks a joke as she pulls change
>I've gotta use this change, gotta keep some of my cons like a good Jew"
>mfw
>>
File: 1505652240802.png (304KB, 885x530px) Image search: [Google]
1505652240802.png
304KB, 885x530px
>>2192689
>>
>>2192686
Bullshit, California has 80 resturaunts introducing a machine that cooks perfect burgers in 2018. Burger flipping will be automated.
>>
>>2192650
>I became a truck driver so I don't have to deal with the public anymore.
Enjoy being replaced by the DriveBot 5000 within a decade.
>>
>>2192670
They are not
You will never see a self-driving car that can go 10,000 miles without killing someone. Not in a hundred years.
>>
>>2192694
Drivebot 5000 is going to be recalled permanently and in a hurry after his fifth fatality
>>
Nothing is more embarrassing. I worked as a retailcuck for 2 years after university and it sucked. One time jailbaits even laughed at me, saying "It's Anon!" They probably knew me from school because I was one of the few minorities and my two older brothers were known (because they were twins, non terrorism lel). Seeing people who I went to school with was embarrassing because I was the class nerd. I failed lots of graduate job interviews due to being an ugly beta autist. Seeing Chads and Staceys is soul crushing at the best of times. At a retailcuck job on Friday and Saturday nights it is worse than ever.

I now work in a full time government job. I barely do any actual work and get paid almost double minimum wage. I do so little work you maybe wouldn't believe me. I barely even go in to the office

There is no just world. There is a free lunch (taken from others, of course not free for everyone). Hard work is not the answer and it isn't rewarded. There is no dignity in being a retailcuck. Normies may say there is, for social media likes, but out in the real world you're seen as trash.
>>
>Working in Department store.
>Slow day, no one around.
>Go to the back to throw boxes away.
>Come back to your department, hear page to for assistance.
>Wait about 5 minutes for some old bat to come.
>"I was waiting here for 45 minutes.... I have never been treated this way... blah blah blah..."

Fuckin Jew!
>>
>>2192696

There hasn't even been one..
>>
>>2192693
Bull fucking shit, I´ve been flipping burgers all my life, kid. There is no robot who can outfry mine and the employers know it. I take pride in my work and it shows.
>>
File: IMG_0377.jpg (60KB, 594x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0377.jpg
60KB, 594x479px
>TFW mid 20's and still wage cucking one day a week in a customer service grocery store job
Graduated uni a few months ago (didn't start till 21) in an IT related degree and since I have no experience can't find a job to save my life. Working a customer service job at this age wearing a stupid fucking uniform is soul crushing, I want to quit completely but there's times at my trade job where I may not be needed for a week at a time. I've exhausted almost all resources on looking for an IT job and am almost ready to throw in the towel and just get a shitty sales job in an office.
>>
>>2192670
>ship manufacturing jobs over seas
>automate service industry jobs
>no jobs left
>no one left to buy goods and services
>>
File: 1258635214.jpg (216KB, 1200x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1258635214.jpg
216KB, 1200x1203px
>>2192650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLl_sosdv8
>>
>>2192671
Wage slave here, wenches drop guys like me, for guys like you all the time. Congrats!
>>
>>2192700
You cost too much to employ. And you have rights, machines don't. Search burger machines to replace workers. You better start looking for another trade bud.
>>
>>2192692
https://youtu.be/KSGuzv-2qUY
>>
>>2192650
ITT: A bunch of salty wage cucks mad because they are a slave

You better get all your frustration out wagies, you only got about 11 hours before you have to get in bed to wake up extra early for your slave job
>>
i became a hairdresser and give out redpilled haircuts
>>
>>2192650
not having a redpilled haircut
>>
>>2192714
Oh, yeah? what are some red pilled haircuts
>>
>>2192719
comb overs
>>
File: IMG_0488.jpg (97KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0488.jpg
97KB, 736x552px
>>2192651
This. People would feel less ashamed if the corporate CEOs weren't such greedy shlomos and gave out actual liveable wages.

It would also help if the general population weren't rude pieces of shit and respect the working class, both labor and service, for all the struggles they're going through.
>>
>>2192650
I guess OP, it depends on your job, view, and pay.

Suppose you work at Burger King and the whole place has roaches hen yeah, it's degrading to work in such a dump.
But suppose you worked in a McDonalds that was always clean and nice then it's just a job, no problem with it.

On the other hand, you may think serving others is beneath you, and you may be right in a sense. It all depends on how you were raised. Some people just accept it and say it's work and a job so it's still respectable because it pays the bills and shows you're trying to work. However others may think that literally serving others their food and such is degrading as you are seen as a slave.

But most importantly is the pay, if you are working a job that doesn't appreciate you and pays you minimum wage then yeah, I'd definitely agree it's degrading. Though this last one is my opinion.
>>
>>2192740
So wait the top 20% of the wealth is made of 85% of households?

Is the perception of the 1% clouded by peoples' unwillingness to differentiate between the 1% (doctors, lawyers, corporate jobs, basically 100k+ a year) and the .001% (plutocrats, international CEOs etc)?

Or am I reading this graph totally backwards.
>>
>>2192650
There is a saying in my country OP "Żadna praca nie hańbi", it translates to something like "No job is beneath you" or "No job is too humble". The most important thing is to work, to contribute, to make a living, the way you get to that is less important
>>
>>2192740
Ah the 80/20 rule

Also yeah, but you can't avoid that. Modern day people will be rude.
And people will most always be greedy
>>
>>2192670

For the moment, self driving truck tech requires a driver in the cab monitoring it at all times. It will still be like that in 5 years. I'm not saying totally autonomous trucks can't bd a thing but it will take much longer than five years for trucking companies and insurance companies to be okay with the idea.
>>
>>2192902
I would love to see a self driving truck go down oil well lease roads, rock quarries and construction sites.
There are some places they will never be able to go because of constantly changing conditions.
>>
>>2192700
>30 year old obese virgin discovers that his job at mcdonalds has virtually no security
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.