[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else developed anxiety from smoking too much weed? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: wed.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
wed.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
Anyone else developed anxiety from smoking too much weed? I know a few people personally myself included. But I'm curious if others share this phenomenon.

It's been a year since I quit because I started to have intense paranoia and panic attacks every time I smoked.

I also started hearing auditory hallucinations. My brain would twist background conversations at parties and the like into people talking about how disgusting I was and how I was going to die soon ect.

Before that I had smoked frequently for 5 years or so with no problems.

Now a year later, I have mostly recovered my sanity. I still get minor flashbacks from time to time if I am in a situation or I hear something that reminds me of my psychosis.
>>
Y'know, I'm all for medical marijuana as it legitimately helps people with symptoms like parkinson's, but recreational usage of weed should be abolished because it makes people unproductive and lazy.
>>
Yep
Shit sucks
I don't touch it anymore
>>
>>1147599

How did your symptoms manifest? Do you have any bad trip stories you feel like sharing?
>>
>>1147593
You are wrong. It does make people want to be unproductive and lazy. Also, muh freedom and all that.

>>1147555
>nice trips
I powered through it, because it helps with my depression. Getting over the tolerance hump is what really does it, then just don't over medicate. Or do, depending on how fucked you want to be. Nicotine is also very necessary, and I always smoke a cigarette after a toke.
>>
>>1147738

>powered through it

So you dont get anxious from it anymore? Did it start simmering down after a while? The reason I stopped was that I felt it was getting progressively worse and I was terrified of it leaking into my sober state. I was afraid I was going to turn schizo.
>>
>>1147555
this happend to me but only with the super high powered canadian MKultra b.c. bud

also you probably just smoked too much at once combined with your weak mind
>>
>>1147555
i did, its made my life difficult, i dont like weed anymore
>>
I have bad anxiety from it. Could always feel it when I smoked. I would always get panic attacks when high but I did it anyway. It didn't fully kick in outside of highs until I was tripping on shrooms. Don't really ever smoke weed now cause the anxiety is crippling. The anxiety (when not high) dies down over time (been 10 years since this happened) but I still avoid smoking just cause I don't want to risk going through that hell again. I haven't had a panic attack in 4 years or so.
>>
>>1147873

Smoking too much at once was never an issue though. My peers used to be impressed with how I could just keep going when we were smoking. And It was not a one time thing. I was stubborn and really addicted to the high so I kept smoking for like half a year after it started getting bad. I can't pinpoint when it started, its all rather hazy.
>>
>>1147904
Pretty much this but the opposite. More drugs less time.
>>
>>1147925
weird

I read somewhere that if you were in an intensly stressful situation while high that the high makes it worse and could potentially affect your future highs
>>
>>1147555
I can't imagine having such a weak constitution.
>>
File: 1496177240671.jpg (47KB, 686x731px) Image search: [Google]
1496177240671.jpg
47KB, 686x731px
>smoke weed
>don't get anxious
>pre-existing anxiety starts slowly getting worse over time
What a mistake.
>>
>>1147555
you're a fucking pussy
>>
I smoke to get rid of anxiety...
>>
>>1147555
Kids are better able to handle it and its a giggly fun fair for them, but after the age of 24 your brain chemistry begins to change and paranoia can be induced by smoking. This is also around the point that you can develop schizophrenia and smoking weed increases the speed of its onset and also is linked to triggering the initial symptoms. I would stay far away from it if I were you.

I never smoke anymore, but sometimes take an edible. I don't enjoy it much anymore and it instead makes me worry about life and my future and I end up writing out detailed plans and making extensive to-do lists.

In short, its a real buzz kill.
>>
>>1149307
you're doing it wrong
>>
>>1149381
A fucking maple flag
>>
>>1147555

COUGH weak faggot
>>
I´ve also developed full-blown psychosis from weed smoking that ended me up in mental institution twice. I smoked for 10 years straight, almost daily.

I still cannot blame weed alone, I was taking huge amounts of LSD, MDMA, Amphetamine and other drugs and daily alcohol abuse.

I still feel actually that cannabis calmed me down when I had access to Indica strains.

I´ve been drug free over a year and able to keep a job. I don´t think im doing any drugs ever again
>>
>>1147555

I've been a viper for 40+ years. It's nothing.
>>
>>1147555
I triggered full blown psychosis with smoking too much weed. (Maybe I would have developed it too even without smoking weed, but smoking 24/7 didn't certainly didn't help my case neither.) Just.. don't smoke weed regularly when your brain is still in development young ones, or it can fuck you up for life, if you want this oldfags advice.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.