[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is occult symbolism so prevalent in today's culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 26

File: occult-symbols-tattoos-2.jpg (272KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
occult-symbols-tattoos-2.jpg
272KB, 1000x400px
Why is occult symbolism so prevalent in today's culture (fashion, film, & music)?
>>
cause the devil is having more power in this world
>>
>>1135014
They could be part of it. Like bottom of the totem pole type associates.
>>
>>1135014
Because Thats all they have left to cling on to
>>
>>1135015
>>
File: 10.jpg (254KB, 1102x696px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
254KB, 1102x696px
JUST
>>
>>1135014

It always has been?
>>
File: my home.jpg (42KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
my home.jpg
42KB, 852x480px
>>1135014
No idea.
But the weather is savage.
>>
>>1135014
Their life is meaningless, that's why they like cryptic stuff. They want you to ask them what it means. They crave attention.
>>
>>1135020
Not on the scale it has been after, say 2010.
>>
File: ayyys.jpg (40KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
ayyys.jpg
40KB, 500x670px
>>1135014
It's more socially acceptable and it's interesting to people. Seems simple to me.
>>
>>1135014
Peoples desperate need for identity. I guess they think that them having occult tattoos will encourage people to inquire about their life. They're just carbon copy of the next test with the same shit on their body IMO.
>>
Just edge lords being edgelords. Don't think about it too much, they certainly didn't.
>>
>>1135014
It's amusing to me because it gives legit occultists some nice cover out with the normies. What a time to be alive, our symbols are for each other to notice, not the populace. Now the signal to noise ratio is so high people are oblivious and its amazing.
>>
>>1135015
>>
>>1135027
I'm not an occultist, but doesn't it water down the brand if every obese gaylord that shops at Walmart has an occult tattoo or shirt?
>>
>>1135014
It's a form of branding like what we people do to livestock, only we are the sheep.
>>
File: aleistercrowley.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
aleistercrowley.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>1135023
Oh come on, that's just bullshit considering how occult imagery has been prevalent in rock music since like the 60s. Hell, the cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band has Aleister Crowley on it.
>>
>>1135014
because tattoos are just "look at me look at me" signals.
and everyone craves attention these days, that's about it.
>>
File: london happening sun flowers.jpg (2MB, 1988x2138px) Image search: [Google]
london happening sun flowers.jpg
2MB, 1988x2138px
>>1135019
is that a....SUNFLOWER
>>
>>1135029
That's the thing, it would be a miscategorization to call it a brand. Perhaps some symbols are around, but they never manage to capture any authenticity or particulars of meaning, so miscommunication is uncommon. The strangest thing might be to be asked what 'hip' place you got your jewelry or something along those lines, since something might look similar to what some idiot is wearing today. It's a trend which will pass just as it has before.
>>
Because liberals love the "freedom of spirituality" but hate the "fascism of religion" (mostly christianity).

Its like a giant red flag that says "I want to have faith without the respect and discipline it usually demands"
>>
>>1135031
It was more hidden or on the fringe in those days, now it's pretty customary to include in halftime Super Bowl spectacles.
>>
>>1135014
It makes you look cultured and edgy.
>>
>>1135014
They think it looks cool.
>>
>>1135029
>>1135034
Also tattoo's visible in plain clothes are pretty much harambe in just about every occult society anyways.
>>
>>1135014
Because today's culture is filled with retards reciting catchphrases like, "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual" to compensate for that they're spiritually dead and can't even conceptualize an existence where Friday into Sunday isn't spent in a cocaine-induced stupor.
>>
>>1135040
This is a global thing these days, dont expect the fucking xhosa tribesmen or somaliland natives not to have internet and what not. The same thing is happening with orthodox as well.

Asians seem to have adapted well enough it appears, they just essentially modernised ancestor worship which is very common there, but for the rest its gonna be a strugle.

Also, who knows how many interesting traditions will be lost in the next 50 years - there are still a lot of ethnic-tribal languages in europe and africa which will be gone soon.
>>
>>1135014
people are becoming more religious and casting off the shackles of morality repressive evangelicalism and organized religion. its no longer considered taboo to explore the occult or express yourself with tattoos.
>>
>>1135042
>people are becoming more ir-religious
>>
>>1135014
Because it is interesting and it should be further understood yet without being practiced. Unless you like religious fear mongering that is
>>
>>1135042
>SPOONS CLANKS
>>
>>1135043
Ironically, I think all occultism stems out of Jewish kabbalah mysticism and people don't even know it.
>>
Forget the occult and fuck me hard. https://youtu.be/whlHvpnxOD0
>>
File: 1497137023080.jpg (20KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1497137023080.jpg
20KB, 255x255px
Because it's interesting and looks good. That's all.

It's not occult symbolism either, just meaningless things vaguely inspired by some surface-level understanding of the occult.
>>
File: adam lanza.jpg (86KB, 1012x762px) Image search: [Google]
adam lanza.jpg
86KB, 1012x762px
>>1135048
what makes you the big expert, Mr. big brains?
>>
>>1135014

because there is no G*d
>>
>>1135050
How convenient for you to believe that. The created universe says otherwise.
>>
>>1135049
Do you honestly think that some trash airhead musicians who can't sing about anything other than relationships and parties are reading through dense books that are intentionally difficult to read and understand? Mostly all "occult" aesthetic is a half-assed ripoff of other half-assed ripoffs regurgitated far down the line from the original material.

You could compare it to modern generic high fantasy being based off of generic high fantasy that was based off of generic high fantasy x10 until you reach actual original works.
>>
Because they normie idiots want to sell an image of enlightenment. Just like those Freemason normie subhumans. It's propaganda for idiots attempting to look deep.
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>1135014

Many different reasons/usages:

1) http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/126652663/#126652663

Archives:

http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/
>>
>>1135050
>says God doesn't exist
>is afraid to type the word "God"

lol
>>
File: 1459647751572.jpg (43KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459647751572.jpg
43KB, 854x640px
>>1135054
You remind me of that spiritscience bloke

anyone have a tally of how many times this guy has been dead wrong?
>>
>>1135046

It doesn't all but there sure is a lot that has been corrupted by it.
>>
>>1135052
you literally have no clue what you're talking about, it's very accessible stuff. This whole post is incredibly cringe worthy.
>>
>>1135051
>yahwehcuck can't count over 6000
>doesn't understand large numbers
Surplus organs detected
>>
>>1135058
>it's very accessible stuff
If it's accessible or famous, it's not occult or mysticism. Both by definition require inaccessibility.
>>
>>1135040
very true.
>>
>>1135015
You misspelled Jew.
>>
>>1135014
to further push the envelope. slippery slope is real. soon these people will be getting a second head and designer tails. everyone a hermaphrodite.
>>
File: 1474230810016.jpg (61KB, 592x477px) Image search: [Google]
1474230810016.jpg
61KB, 592x477px
>>1135042
WOW YOU ARE A DAMN FOOL
PART 1

About the Mark of the Beast

If it weren't a physical mark you need to get that person to speak "hail the antichrist and satan" EVERYTIME HE BUYS SOMETHING

Which means it must be a physical mark. "Worship the beast and receives his mark" NOT "receiving the mark BY worshiping the beast."

This means the mark is not spiritual because that spiritual act is denoted by "Worshiping the beast."
>So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and harmful and painful sores came upon the people who bore the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

The mark causes a severe allergic reaction. And physical corruption. The worship is spiritual corruption. They are separate.

>And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

This verse says "receives". If you did received a mark, but not "receives it"any longer, then you are not cast into the fire. Because the condition is PRESENT TENSE not PAST, because you removed it
from yourself.
>Λαμβανει = Receives
Strong's G2983 for meaning and G5719 for tense.

See what Jesus Says on the matter.
>>
File: Epoptes.jpg (11KB, 420x145px) Image search: [Google]
Epoptes.jpg
11KB, 420x145px
>>1135042

PART 2

Sermon on the Mount
>If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

>And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

This verse is about mystery cults in the ancient world, Deuteronomy also makes note of this, It is saying "I am owned by you". By cutting off the mark you are saying you renouncing your membership.

>You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

Cuts were made in lamentation. Tattoos are forbidden because of cults exclusively.

Eleusinian mysteries the Most popular of all cults, and the one that inspired many others.
Foot - Eleusinian mysteries, and many other rituals have sacred "foot paths" they had to walk, usually to water. This means markings on the feet applied in many cults because many had sacred footpaths.

Halade Mystai - Means "To the sea initiates!" A necessary and "sacred" footpath for ritual bathing.
Eyes -Eye tattoos of the cornea have existed well over two thousand years.
Epoptês : "one who has seen," an initiate
Mystês which is the root of MYSTERY: "one who is [whose eyes are] closed," someone to be initiated

>"Blessed is he among earthbound men, who has been privileged to see the mysteries."
- Hymn to Demeter 480
>>
>>1135014
Nose.
>>
File: See with you feet.jpg (71KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
See with you feet.jpg
71KB, 650x650px
PART 3

Christianity is centered around freeing people from the obligation to sin. Cults included.

>Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

>So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

>The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
>because he has anointed me
>to proclaim good news to the poor.
>He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
>and recovering of sight to the blind,
>to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
>to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”
>>
>>1135066
noseticism

>the more you nose
>>
PART 4

>Then I saw thrones, and on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

This paragraph above shows that those ONLY who did not receive the mark AND DIED during the tribulation will be a part of the 1st resurrection, and become priests in the temple and kings.
ANYONE who goes through the tribulation and survives without the mark presently will live a normal life.
People who take it on the forehead will be the most lunatic people, like people who do body augmentation putting horns on their head, also people who take it in the arm means "obligation" but in the forehead it means "belief". Also people can become saints by their head being CUT OFF for worshiping Jesus Christ.

So those who had the mark in their head can become resurrected if they become martyrs. It is the only way to remove that mark.
>>
File: cyberpunk.jpg (49KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
49KB, 480x678px
PART 5

Pic related

Something like this may be available during the tribulation or shortly afterwards because of people removing the mark of the beast. God gives mercy and love.

God Bless
>>
>>1135014
>Why is occult symbolism so prevalent in today's culture (fashion, film, & music)?
Satan is branding his own.
>>
>>1135014

Because girls are cringey edgelords by nature.
>>
These people probably have no deeper understanding of these symbols than "muuh cool middle eastern symbol woooow".
>>
>>1135014
It's mysterious and people are drawn to that. I'm hugely into "occult" media (music and games) because I love the atmosphere.
I'm an atheist and I don't believe in any of it, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.
It's just another fantasy theme.
>>
>>1135050

The final redpill is the Godpill. It's for you the only way to protect yourself against Islam indoctrination and marxist evilogy. Your believe in yourself can never compete with a real ideology. You alone are not strong enough to defend yourself against Islam and marxism. Christianity offers you a real strong believe, rather a way of living, able you to protect your friends, family and values. Your believe in yourself can waver. Believe in God is eternal. You can't kill or destroy a believe. Unless you kill all the believers. You as only believing in one person that is yourself, can easily be destroyed. You are just one, and we Christians are many but God is the greatest. Our fate keep us in place and keep us strong. And if one of us dies his believe will spread and it will strenghten our fates even further because he will go to God. It is that kind of dedication what is needed to protect and fight against the Islam and marxism, because they do the same. And you stand no chance against them or us Christians.

Deus vult, Gott mit uns.
>>
File: eli.jpg (152KB, 1624x558px) Image search: [Google]
eli.jpg
152KB, 1624x558px
>>1135052
all the kook bands like Heavy Breathing that play at Comet Ping Pong, nothing is out of the question. It's like some big Jim Jones cult
>>
>>1135074
tipping
>>
File: 1496706517099.jpg (30KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1496706517099.jpg
30KB, 326x326px
IF somebody has one of these tattoos, it is a mark of OWNERSHIP to a RELIGIOUS CULT. You are a DAMN FOOL for taking one of these because you are selling yourself into slavery, and you will NEVER be able to escape your master because they will find you with that mark they will know that you are one of them and they will make you sin you are sold into SIN with those tattoos LITERALLY. Think of the pedocults. It's the same thing. if someone has one of these tattoos THEN TEY BELONG TO A MOLOCH TIER CULT NO EXCEPTIONS
>>
>>1135014
cause it's edgy and fashionable
>>
>>1135070
Transhumanism is the mark of the beast.
>>
>>1135080
Transhumanism is not a sin, but using it to enslave white men is. KNow the spirit of the Law by which the Lord preaches unto the Churches
>>
>>1135081
It's an attempt to elevate man above God, it's a sin.
>>
File: 1496735360902.png (118KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496735360902.png
118KB, 600x310px
>>1135082
No it's not. Replacing your arm with a metal one is not technically putting yourself above God UNLESS that is the intent in your heart. It's what you think that matters. Like killing, WHY is more important than the deed itself to God. You are using literally nigger tier logic, way to go faggot
>>
>>1135083
>transhumanism stops at prosthetics
>>
File: 1479209168299.png (5KB, 257x241px) Image search: [Google]
1479209168299.png
5KB, 257x241px
>>1135084
It is written of the Law
>The Letter kills but the Spirit gives life.
>>
>>1135082
that's an insult to the powers of God
>>
File: 1497917781396.png (109KB, 222x396px) Image search: [Google]
1497917781396.png
109KB, 222x396px
>>1135086
You cannot insult God.
>>
Because they feel a spiritual void . But no, they can't go to church, they need to ""convert"" to some poo religion or satanism(if they are edgy enough) because Christianism is ebil. Of course, they won't actually follow it, they'll just order the holy book, which they will never read, buy some buddha figurines, and read some feel good posts about peace and love, while being vapid cunts irl.
>>
I noticed Walmart and similar retailers for women all started selling items featuring owls. Owl paraphernalia are being pushed hard; maybe it's merely a fad.
>>
File: priest with boy.jpg (51KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
priest with boy.jpg
51KB, 255x255px
>>1135014
all three of those symbols are jewish. should tell you something
>>
>>1135090
how is the far left jewish?
>>
File: Synagogue of Satan.jpg (512KB, 851x475px) Image search: [Google]
Synagogue of Satan.jpg
512KB, 851x475px
>>1135014

Judaism's power has reached unbelievable heights, arguably more-so than even in the days of ancient Babylon. Though usury, they have accumulated vast wealth that they can use to purchase whatever Earthly things they desire. Politicians, presidents, media outlets, businesses, nothing is immune to their tentacles of influence. There is virtually no place on this planet left that has not been violated by them.

As the Church is slowly choked out the west and is replaced by the many faces of Judaism, the populace struggles to find their favorite flavor of it, since the Jews have so many to offer them. On /pol/, the newest flavor pushed is paganism. In Normieville, it is feminism, or virtual signaling cultural marxism. What do those all have in common? Vanity, self-love, and dependence on big daddy government, all of which is incredibly Jewish and Talmudic ("We're the Chosen People.")

With so many gentiles divided and grasping for whatever they can to fill the spiritual void in their life, occult heresy is all too simple to peddle them. Whatever pushes gentiles further from Jesus and into the control of the rabbis, who are ultimately just the pawns of Satan, all the better.
>>
>>1135090
The left one is Jaininst tho
>>
>>1135091
its called the Hamsa. is a jewish symbol to warn off the evil eye.

http://israelijewels.theisraelboutique.com/what-is-a-hamsa.html
>>
>>1135068
Lol, yiss.
>>
>>1135094
fucking kikes
>>
File: jew wizard.jpg (345KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
jew wizard.jpg
345KB, 720x540px
>>1135096
yesh
>>
>>1135014
Because it's edgy.
>>
>>1135094
woe

i got nosepilled
>>
>>1135014
Young people are truly retarded
>>
>>1135093
The Jainist hand symbol has the Wheel of Dharma in the hand. That one has an eye and a bunch of extra bullshit.
>>
>>1135014

Le_illuminati meme, is why.

Also "artists" know they'll get more attention and more people talking about them if they put a few triangles in their music videos.
>>
>>1135102
really? it just makes them look try-hard edge-lords and I quickly cringe
>>
>>1135014
because it's edgy and you like edgy stuff.
you can go back 40 years when it was all over the music industry.
>>
Where did this get moved from?
>>
Good thread, op
>>
>>1135116
/pol/
>>
File: thread_is_bakas.jpg (159KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
thread_is_bakas.jpg
159KB, 429x600px
>>1135014
Welcome to /bant/, baka.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.