[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for a self improvement thread. What are you doing to better

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 1505705972713.png (1MB, 1473x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1505705972713.png
1MB, 1473x2000px
Time for a self improvement thread.

What are you doing to better yourself and your life?

>reading more
>learning to knit by my grandma
>started to go /out/
>finally understood you don't need to like/be liked by everyone
>>
File: 1504720127321.jpg (130KB, 900x734px) Image search: [Google]
1504720127321.jpg
130KB, 900x734px
please don't ask me that
>>
I'm in Tel Aviv on a internship and just got home
, anyone been there?
any advice what to do , where to go tonight / right now...it's too late for the beach
>>
Stretches every morning, breakfast every day, brush my teeth twice, morning and evening, and slowly parting myself from my mortal form. For its only temporary and in time too will pass.
>>
I've been getting better I want to lose weight though I wish I did more cardio but I don't have workout clothes and feel retarded when I go for a run.
>>
File: 1406159032365.jpg (285KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1406159032365.jpg
285KB, 1920x1200px
Trying to find hobbies. I started out by taking in plants to grow, and that's been fun. Trying to start reading again too but it's been tough. Drawing here and there. I've been trying to talk myself up to start going to the gym since I canceled my Hulu.Been falling in and out of using a meditation app I like too.
>>
>>745536969
What do you like to do? I got pretty familiar with TA when I was in the desert.
>>
>>745536547

>becoming a christcuck
>self improvement
>>
Started to read again too, now I'm reading The Lord of the Ring volume 2, I like it.
Started to run 1 month ago. I'm running twice a week for the moment and I love it. I didn't do any sport before, it's a relief and I'm kind of proud of myself.
Doing some streches each day like the other anon too.

Now I would like to improve what I eat, how I eat and all about a good diet. I need to motivate myself for good.

Good luck, anons, we too can improve our daily lives.
>>
>cold shower every day
>100 push ups every day, usually in the morning
>no smoking, no alcohol (hated them anyway) but also no coffee (since then I have better mood overall and better digestion)
>swim 2km+ once a week
>read 50 pages a day. it doesn't sound like a lot but it adds up really nicely. if it were like 100 a day some days I'd skip and overall I'd read less.
>no gaming
>no fap
>>
>>745537630
i've been on the first page of the hobbit for 3 years.
>>
>>745537430
i dunno I try to go out to one or two of the many free concerts around Rothschild and Allemby blvds. each night and it's cool and all but can;t really meet anyone to explore the city with ... prices are so high that locals don't even buy drinks in the pubs. beer is like 10$ . they just come in with their friends watch/ the concert and dance a little, roll a joint and then straight away go to home ..
it all seems like a huge demo version of a Mediterranean country .
and I dont fall into the locals cool category because I lack dreadlocks and a man bun
>>
>>745537789
My question is, how do you stay focused? I've been reading or trying to read but I just get so goddamn distracted. Tired of living at mommies house (I have a decent job) but too afraid to leave. Can't save money for shit no matter what budgeting app I get. Trying to start my own shit. Don't want to work for someone else my whole life. Where do you guys find the motivation/concentration to do productive things. I kicked the listening to music part and instead listen to podcast while at work but aside from that, haven't been able to establish a routine
>>
File: 1394218652392.jpg (67KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
1394218652392.jpg
67KB, 570x427px
>>745538284
I want to know this too, I'm shit at starting and keeping habits.
>>
I've been stuck in a bad cycle of starting some good habits, for some reason or another saying fuck it and stopping, and then starting over again...
>>
>>745538284
It's difficult to begin anything. When you go to your 1st boxing class or when you go to the gym for the 1st time it's very hard but when you go for the 100th time it's like taking a piss.

First you make an effort to begin something.
then you keep making an effort to keep doing it. that's all. it's the hardest in the beginning
>>
File: 1385908536635.jpg (808KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1385908536635.jpg
808KB, 2560x1600px
>>745538935
Me too, anon. I'll have a good week and start doing lots of good things and then it just slips right on back.
>>
>>745536547
>run every morning
>make to-do lists every night
>cook every meal
>record weight and dreams in the AM
>gym 3 times a week

I've lost 8lbs this month, and will be ripped by the end of next month
>>
>>745538284
dude... why the fuck do you need a budgeting app. Here let me teach you a trick.
Earn money, pay all consistent bills immediately, take 10% of your income and put it into some form of investments, do not buy on credit, only spend what you can afford to lose.
>>
>>745536547
I didn't even know sig existed - goodbye /b (for now)
>>
Currently taking driving lessons and the test is the day after tomorrow. I don't feel confident at all though..
>>
>>745538284
Also, music is good for you, no need to cut it completely. For reading find somewhere without screens (do not bring your phone), somewhere quite and peaceful to you, and just read, either by page count or by time (Ill read 50 pages, or I'll read for an hour)
>>
>>745537789
Fell for the no-fap meme.
It's just religious propaganda, you fool.
>>
>>745539105
HAHAHAHA... not to discourage, but 2 months of gym wont make you ripped, but its a good start
>>
>>745539236
Own that shit youve got it no problem - I've you have driven before then you can drive during the test - remember to look both ways and use turn signals
>>
>>745536547
That picture belongs in a cringe thread.
>>
Wtf is /sig??
>>
>>745539372
Well, yes, but it can also be a problem. Many of they guys on /b/ literally fap every day/several times a day. While its not physically unhealthy, its mentally unhealthy in that your mind is constantly flushed with endorphines and learns not to desire/push for things except sexual release. Fapping once a week/every so often is fine.
>>
>>745539452
Thank you anon, I'll make sure to remember that. I hope you're doing well in your endeavors too.
>>
>>745538284
read cool stuff dont need to read boring huge bestsellers like Lord of the rings (which is a good read but just enormously boring) or game of thrones and all that "story driven" huge novels most of them are silly ,

instead go to lit and get some recommendations read about what you like
..try reading short stories instead of full novels...
maybe it's victorian era erotica
...Fanny Hill is a great start
or extencial nihilism
... the nausea from Sartre
or silly story about angry and stupid peasants
...then read the Maupassant's short stories about Normandy
or want to read about oldschool US cool and marginalism and whores
... read Charles Bukowsky ...the short stories
or about the Russian soul and how the Russians invented existentialism
.. start with the short stories of Chechov
or about Russian drinking cologne and rolling in filth
..Venedict Yerofeev is man
or about the distopian future
..1984 (Orwell)
..brave new world (Huxley)
..WE (Yevgenii Zamyatin)
or great movies made from great books
..."one flew over a cuckoo's nest"-Ken Kesey
..."Clockwork Orange"- Anthony Burgess
..."the lord of the flies" - William Golding
>>
>>745539499
self improvement general
it's basically a bunch of anons doing nothing with their lives that matters but it gives them a sense of validation and that's enough.
>>
>>745539236
Are you taking a car you're familiar with to the test? I failed the test like 3 times. I think that was literally the worst few weeks of my life. First time I failed because my piece of shit car broke down during the test. Second time I had to make a left turn with no arrow, and I couldn't see around some gigantic raised truck on the other side so I tried to guess and almost got into an accident. My biggest advice to you is to know when you're supposed to yield, and wait until you have a god damn good opportunity to go. Don't get in a hurry. Also if you can go to a DMV that's away from everything. I beat the crowd by going to a DMV that was all the way in the middle of nowhere in my state. There were only like 3 people there to take the test when they opened and not having to wait anxiously in a mob of people made me so much more relaxed when I was actually able to take the test.
>>
>>745536547
I'm a lost cause

>26
>live with parents
>never leave my bedroom
>never had a job
>no education
>no friends
>no interests
>nothing gives me joy
>virgin
>never kissed a girl
>basically no experiences/memories
>no reason to live
>no reason to die
>>
>>745539499
I can only guess it's an acronym for self improvement general
>>
>>745539153
I'm terrible when it comes to extra money. Lifetime of watching bad habits all around me hence my family is dirt poor. But I'm gonna break the cycle of "poor people raise poor kids". I've managed to increase my credit from 600 ish to 740. Pay everything thing on time just need to learn to save up. But I'll do the 10 percent shit. Gotta save up for an emergency fund first though.

>>745539320
Yeah I've just decided to cut it off at work. Instead of talking bunch of bullshit with people I don't like I put a real estate podcast or just entrepeneural shit to get me motivated.

Thanks for the help though, gotta buckle down and stop being a loser simple as that
>>
>cut down reading to 2 hours a day and 2 books at a time, was 3-4 hours 3-4 books
>cut down on my Magic the Gathering spending (new set has dinosaurs, I'm going to be fucked)
>have only cursed 18 people this month
>scheduled appointment for evil tooth pulling demon (the dentist)
>visiting /b/ less and /x/ more
>looking at less pussy (lady parts) and looking at more pussy (feline, funny cat videos)
>>
>>745539749
i find at least 2 flaws in your plan but at least it's a start
>>
>>745539710
just get on some anti-depressants for fuck sake. Depression in adults does not look like crying teens it looks like a person who's numb to everything. Start to live your life and then start to go off them when your shit's together.
>>
>>745539589
Thanks anon, I'm currently sick phone posting from bed but I'm doing pretty good. I stress out about my weight because it's not I want it to be at (I'm 6' and 182) but I just feel self conscious.
>>
>>745539749
>>scheduled appointment for evil tooth pulling demon (the dentist)

Just make sure you don't go to a jewish dentist... I went to this laos dentist and he was a pretty cool guy. He pulled 2 teeth and it only took about 45 seconds once I had all the medicine and everything out of the way. Didn't hurt at all. But now it's gonna cost me like $1000 to have these fillings put in even after the insurance covers their part, fml.
>>
>>745539811
Thats not a plan its an update
>>
>>745536547
>finishing my doctorate
>climbing the corporate ladder
>raising my son with my wife
>cursing less
>saving more
>getting back into exercise

I still need to game less and read more but things are overall getting better.
>>
>>745539638
Yes I am, thankfully it's the same car I've been driving since day 1. Oh man I know what you mean, I've been forgetting arrows occasionally too. Busy roads don't help much either, especially when everyone's trying to go to their destination and you have to ace your test so you need to take it slow and have to hear the honking.
My biggest issue is remembering to switch to 1st gear after I've immobilized the car for a red light or any reason really. Makes me go "d' oh!".
>>
>>745539388
I've been going to the gym for 2 years. Cutting for the past 2 months is what will make me ripped. My body fat percentage is going to be at an all time low
>>
>>745539853
>I stress out about my weight because it's not I want it to be at (I'm 6' and 182)
You absolute faggot. I'm about this same size and it's like minor dad bod level. Not even fat for real.
>>
>>745539903
It's actually for a chipped tooth, no pain or anything but it bothers me. Smiling at people, they could see the chip, and that's not cool, and right before I kill em and everything
>>
>>745539853
You can do it anon. If you want an idea of motivation to work out, try going on YouTube and finding an entire playlist that's full of workout songs that will REALLY pump you up. Also, get well soon, you got this.
>>
>>745539838
Seriously this. Isn't this obvious to people ? The only thing is going off anti depressants may lead you back to where you were before - I've spent my whole 20's going on and off them thinking I don't need them - but I have bipolar 2 and have realized if I go off my meds I will turn into a NEET again very quickly
>>
>>745539903
tooth pulling ... what medieval countries do you guys live in
...that's the "ultima ratio" the end solution when nothing else can save the tooth.
are you +70??
who has their teeth removed nowadays? WTF?
>>
>>745536547
15 years daily drinker, sober 13 days and not going back. Be studying for real estate license, interviewed around and found a good brokerage. Joyful because of detox. Herbs helped with zero sickness or withdrawal. Huah!
>>
>>745540109
Thank you! I lost my first driver's test because I didn't turn on my wipers when it started to very lightly drizzle so be careful of that kekistani
>>
>>745540332
Unless its like front row visible teeth, I'd rather have my teeth pulled when they're no longer alive. This is coming from someone who had 4 root canal treatments. The teeth look fine, but they're literally dead teeth, and will eventually start wearing down and or get infected.
>>
>>745540367
>15 years daily drinker, sober 13 days and not going back
Good job man but you're not nearly out of the woods yet. (Source: experience)
>>
>>745540332
Because I'm a dumbass and didn't brush teeth, they were crumbling into dust basically. So they had to be removed. I just wish I went to the dentist a long time ago so it never got to that point. But I didn't have any kind of insurance until recently.
>>
>>745540408
Wow, that's harsh. Will watch out for that, thanks for the tip!
>>
>>745540185
bi-polar is a different deal entirely. You're always going to be compelled to that cycle the best we can do for you is make the end points less extreme. Chronic depression an be dealt with with cascading lifestyle changes. But getting out that slump in the first place is near impossible without some form of chemical intervention. Once they're out and have a couple years of getting their shit together it's not necessary anymore since their lifestyle is going provide the positive feedback that prevents the depressive slump
>>
Getting back into the gym, applying for college, moving to Seattle, and finding a better job.
>>
File: IMG_0172.jpg (925KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0172.jpg
925KB, 2000x1500px
>>745540659
moving to Seattle
finding a better job

All I can say is good luck
>>
>>745540633
Yes I agree, just be careful when coming off because it may be more than just simple depression
>>
>>745536547
>Stop drinking
>Stop eating spiccy cheetos
>started to go to the gym
>started to read some books
I was a NEET and a weak faggot 6 months ago tbh, but i think i am upgrading myself, also i'm talking to a 8/10 qt girl.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.