[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching the Anime Death Note. I have a question,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: iamL.jpg (124KB, 602x520px) Image search: [Google]
iamL.jpg
124KB, 602x520px
I just finished watching the Anime Death Note. I have a question, and I figured you weeaboo dicksuckers were the best people to ask.

So the antihero Light is called "Kira" because thats the Engrish way of saying Killer or Killa'.

But the name of the name of the slope Sherlock Holmes is L. But it's a letter nobody in japan can pronounce.

So why isn't the name of the VD Infected Gook Sherlock Homes just "R" instead?
>>
Because it stands for Lawliet you goober
>>
Because you are ignorant.

There is no real R in Japanese, Ra, Ri, Ru, Re, Ro, Rya, Ryu, Ryo may look to start with an R, but they are pronounced between an R and an L.

As for why L's are substituted for an R, is simple, the Japanese language does not have any syllables that contain L, it was never in their language ever.

You think because English is your main language that somehow Ls, Xs and Qs will be in every other language. But it isn't.

When English was being developed from another language, The Japanese were developing their own alongside Chinese.

There is a reason why he is called L in the anime/manga because he is partly English and Italian and his name is L Lawliet.

However he died, and Kira took over from him as L.
>>
File: 1492499567374.jpg (23KB, 750x724px) Image search: [Google]
1492499567374.jpg
23KB, 750x724px
>>745528631
This

>>745528262
>OP is a fag
Why it's explained in the anime too, you cockgoobler.
Next time try to follow the plot
>>
>>745528782
English is the only language of value.

The rest is a bunch of silly moon language bullshit.
>>
>>745529170
>Try to follow the plot

the thing is 300 hours long, and it only had one scene that came close to rape at the very beginning. Paying close attention is a tall fucking order.
>>
>>745528782
This
>>
>>745529221

Enjoy your hand me down Latin language called English kiddo.
>>
>>745529684
Chinga-chong-chong chawrry chop suey.

The slantyeyed have a funny language.
>>
L is American therefore he lives away from the gook lands which also explains the severe aids
>>
>>745529888

Not my language, but continue to be ignorant and assumptious.

And it is Slanty-eyed, at least get the grammar right boy-o.
>>
>>745530030
This is 4chan ma boi grammar is the least of our concerns. People here are the equivalent of an oily rag stuffed in a donkey's ass
>>
>>745528262
Japanese trill their R's, so R and L are exactly the same sound. They are interchangeable.
>>
>>745530331
>people
WHAT THE FUCK???
On every aspect but physical I'm a wolf.
>>
[bark]
>>
>>745529170
OP needs the fucking Netflix live action version for Americans where L is a nigger.
>>
>>745530512
Yeah it's fucking ridiculous L can't be a fucking black guy no matter how many tokens you stuff in that show.
Let's just make everyone black and instead of Death Note just call it "My regular ghetto"
>>
>>745530495
It's okay I personally identify as a birch wood Apache helicopter who vapes deer penis and desires others like me to mate with and create little choppers
>>
>>745530010
English, he's from somewhere in England. As far as we know anyway, that's where the orphanage called Whammy's House he grew up in was.

>remember when there were rumors of there being a series on the whammy boys
>>
>>745530512
>everyone's mad that L is a nigger
>nobody cares Light is a cracka
man, netflix version is so wrong beyond repair that L being a niggger is just a snowflake on the top of the tip of the iceberg.
>>
File: 1505688338807.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505688338807.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>made L black
You muricans need really needed trump to finish you. I'm glad he became your president.
>>
Why he no just get another dude to shoot L? Then he no have to know L name?
>>
>>745530711
It pissed me off all around. I haven't seen it but the casting is ridiculous. They could have just stuck to Light being Japanese like he was and L being English and white af like he was it would have been fine. L was too emotional from what I've hard too, his monotony was what really made the character for me, it really sold his awkwardness.
>>
>>745530512

Yeah I didn't see people complain that they gave the part of L to a black guy, but yet they cried when Scarlett Johansson got the part of Major in Ghost in the Shell among others who got to play parts of Asians or Blacks in movies but are white.

People just like to fucking complain for the stupidest shit because their life is fucking absolute shite, they have this insane need to try and look for racism or "whitewashing" with anything they can.
>>
File: da3.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
da3.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>745529221
>>
>>745530816
I think I remember him trying to do so via the death note, but couldn't get it to do it because the person would have to know L. I don't understand why he didn't make his father or anyone else on the task force do it, he knew all their names, but I digress.
>>
File: dbb1c8fc3ce4.jpg (9KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
dbb1c8fc3ce4.jpg
9KB, 273x184px
>>745530711
Please tell me you are trolling
>>
>>745531013
Not the same person, but I was angry they made Light white too, it turned it into a hurr duur look at the white boy murder. I feel a lot of the culture in the show was important to the plot, I might have actually watched it if they made Light japanese like he was supposed to be.
>>
>>745530030
It's whatever the fuck I say it is, pencilneck weeaboo.
>>
>>745530792

He's a good actor but that was a shitty L.
People seem to care about dumb shit like a nigga's skin color instead of actual good acting and writing.

Also, Americans would've been fucked with that old lady as president as well.
>>
>>745530855
Oh they still cried whitewashing when they made Light a white kid.

And really, the only people who were crying about it were white people and the BLM/The Root/IO9 types.
>>
>>745531226
The film was pretty faithful to the manga/anime, except for the part where he solved the crimes by eating KFC and stealing old ladies purses.
>>
>>745530992
He could just make dude wanna kill skinny dude with weird hair or make dude shoot up college that way L die.
>>
>>745530992

Right!
In the shitty movie he made Watari go find L's real name and for some reason he would follow Light's orders directly without having to write them on the Note. Why wouldn't he just make him kill L?

Also, how was Watari's name just Watari? I thought no one knew his name either.
>>
>>745530839
>his monotony was what really made the character for me
That's how the tried to save the character.
Also, ryuke is bloodthirsty wicked demon, while otherwise in the anime you get the impression he becomes a friend to light. He says he's impartial and for the most part he is, still, he likes Light for his skills and doesn't go oogbooga jumpscaring on him.
Also, Light would have never engaged with a girl like that, spoiling his plan. He's a smartass and manipulative guy, not a hormone-driven teenager.

>>745531013
ofc I am, but forcing me to point this out kinda ruins the joke
>>
>>745531494
I don't get why he didnt just hire or talk someone into it either, I guess because usually L is guarded by the task force, but you're right that he was usually alone and open to be killed at the college. Using the death note to shoot up the school would have been iffy at best, he would have to specify victims by names if he wanted certain people to die, and therefore have to know L's real name, or take the gamble that L would just happen to be one of the people murdered, and if not L would have been put on triple security and probably never out and about again, so Light would only have one chance to do it.
>>
File: 1505391108802.png (430KB, 634x358px) Image search: [Google]
1505391108802.png
430KB, 634x358px
>>745531493
>>
>>745531493
>he solved the crimes by eating KFC
fucking epic
>>
>>745531559
That movie was weird too, I wish any of the death note spinoffs/remakes would be decent. But I don't get that either, I mean, I don't think his name was just meant to actually be Watari, but the anime and movie tended to skip over that fact, I think it was just an alias he used when he started Whammy's, but I could seriously be wrong, it's been ages since I watched or read any of it.
>>
>>745530010
Wait...L has aids?
>>
That live action whitewashed American movie was trash. Ryuk looked cool though and was voiced by willem dafoe.

I heard they're doing a live action full metal alchemist with all Japanese actors, but that series is SUPPOSED to be whitewashed because everyone looks profoundly caucasian. The live action death note would have been better with Japanese actors.
>>
>>745528262
Because then light could say it and kill him
>>
>>745531589
Mia in the movie was more like Light from the anime.
>>
>>745533546
Instead we will get some asian dude in a shitty cheap blonde wig
>>
>>745528262
Because of all the mystery/ambiguity surrounding L. It's just a letter to us, but in Japan they're all like , "Dafuq is this 'L'?"
>>
File: yee.jpg (6KB, 272x199px) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
6KB, 272x199px
>>745529221
Tibetan***

>mfw English monolinguals will never reach enlightenment
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.