[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Well... Doctor Who was dying in the last couple of seasons but

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_0334.jpg (34KB, 476x309px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
34KB, 476x309px
Well... Doctor Who was dying in the last couple of seasons but making the doctor a female was the killing blow. Good job, BBC, you've ruined a successful franchise.
>>
>>739157814
Oh, so making a change in a show that is becoming so stale it is even losing its longtime fans killed it. Making a change with something dying by being stale killed it. I repeat: Making a change with something dying by being stale killed it.
First off, Dr. Who will always have its true fans. It has an immortal cult following. Second off, only idiots think that keeping something the same when being stale is killing it will fix it and blame the change in an attempt to fix it killed it. That's like say, North Korea sending a guy circling the drain (almost dead by their abuse) to the United States saying since the guy died in the USA, North Korea was not at fault for his death.
>>
>>739157814
> you've ruined a successful franchise.
Maybe wait until it fails before saying it's failed.

There are plenty of people who really don't care what gender the Doctor is, it's not like he has to use a penis to operate the Tardis.

Personally, I'm ambivalent, I've no idea who Jodie Whittaker is, so I'll wait and see.
>>
>>739158285
When did i say it had failed? I said that it ruined a popular franchise for many fans. There will always be fans, such as tumblrwomen who will be happy about this. My MUM was a diehard doctor who fan, and even she says it absolutely ruined it for her and says she'll never watch it again.
>>
It's the BBC what do you expect? They thought hiring Chris Evans one of the most annoying people on earth was a good idea to save top gear.
>>
>>739158509
too bad you have only two dads
>>
>>739157814
Maybe try getting out of the house sometime.
>>
>>739158509
The bit that I quoted
> you've ruined a successful franchise.
How about you wait and see before saying that it's ruined. Because it might do really well.

And so fucking what if it appeals to Tumblr fans? Doctor Who has always been a progressive show, criticising bigotry and racism, and showing that men can solve huge problems without guns and violence. If there's any criticism to be made, it's that it's taking away such a role model for men.
>>
>>739158596
>Durr shes not a feminist, durr that means its male
Are you joking?
>>
>>739157814
>hire the most boring actor from broadchurch to be the main character of one of the longest running shows in british television
If they're gonna do diversity casting why can't they pick good fucking actors
>>
>>739158714
You still dont understand what i mean? Im talking about how it was ruined for fans alike me. Fans who've been watching for so long, to become BETRAYED like this. Fans that will quit watching the show altogether. That ruins a series for THOSE fans
>>
>>739158836
>WAH I DON'T LIKE THIS SO NOBODY DOES BECAUSE IT'S RUINED BECAUSE I SAID SO
>>
>>739158836
How have you been betrayed?

I've watched every single episode of Doctor Who, including all the ones in the 60s that they lost the video for. I don't see how any of us have been betrayed. Were we betrayed when they replaced William Hartnell with a younger man? Were we betrayed when they gave the Doctor more regenerations?

If making the Doctor a woman has ruined the show for you, then I wander what it was that you saw in it in the first place.
>>
>>739157814
>>739156234
Forward to this thread
>>
File: 1495585383190.gif (1MB, 421x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1495585383190.gif
1MB, 421x240px
>>739158836
>>
File: 43967986.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
43967986.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>
Wonder how long it will be before she clips the Tardis whilst reversing in ASDA car park..........
>>
>>739157814
It's actually a really good idea
>criticize the show
>misogyny
>critizice the writing
>misogyny
>critiziceher acting
>misogyny
>>
>>739159280
We zozzle at your ignorance
>>
>>739159399
Or takes off with the handbrake on!

Oh wait, the Doctor already did that, and it was River Song who pointed it out.
>>
Dr Who has always sucked. Hope this finally kills this shitty show
>>
>>739159674
I hope your favourite show fails too x
>>
So even Dr Who succumbs to political correctness?
Sad so very sad.
>>
>>739159799
Since when had Doctor Who ever been against progressiveness, calling out hatred and bigotry, solving problems through intelligence, not guns?

It's not political correctness, they just happened cast a woman in the role. Get over yourself.
>>
>>739159925
Two of my favourite shows are Buffy the vampire slayer and Veronica Mars, do you think these shows would be improved if they were re-booted with men as the leads?
of course not.
The reverse however does not apply, If woman replaces a man nowadays you're a sexist for disagreeing with this decision.
>>
>>739159925
This is not progressive.

The Doctor was certainly "Male" to start - in the first series he travels with his niece, who calls him "Uncle".

Now he is gendered female, so s/he is Trans.

The BBC should have cast a transwoman to play a trans role, not a white cishet female.
>>
>>739160192
Except that Buffy and Veronica Mars (probably, never seen it) don't have characters that periodically totally change their appearance and personality.

Doctor Who however does have that. It's not a reboot, it's a continuation with another new character, same as always.
>>
it should have ended with the xmas special the doctor the widow and the wardrobe.
just like supernatural should have ended with Swan Song, 13 years, it's really been on for 13 years.
>>
>>739160203
It was his granddaughter, who called him "Grandfather".

And the Doctor is not trans, there's no surgery or hormones involved, he's regenerated totally as a woman. So now he's a she. Space alien, doesn't follow human rules.
>>
>>739157814
If copping a female doctor for a couple of seasons is the price we have to pay to get rid of Moffat then I say fuck it! Bring on the vag!
>>
>>739160334
>cough
Ghostbusters
>cough
>>
>>739160203
By this argument, each new regeneration in Doctor Who should have been played by the old actor with plastic surgery, or a wig or something.

Regeneration, whole new body and personality (albeit remembering previous lives).
>>
>>739157814
I can't wait for all the hilarious "my eyes are up here u stupid dumb male earthling" etc etc
>>
>>739159925
Oh really? Is that why Doctor's last companion just happened to be a black lesbian?
BLACK and a fucking LESBIAN.
>>
>>739160447
The new Ghostbusters was a disaster, but because they didn't know how to direct, when to end sequences, and because they tried to make it all one huge joke. The original had much better comic timing, and everyone (except Bill Murray) played it straight.

It wasn't bad because it had women in it.
>>
>>739160399
Sorry honey you're wrong. The Doctor was male and is now female, so trans.

What you are saying is that every regeneration is a completely different existence, which we know isn't true because there are only a fixed number of regenerations. So the Doctor is all one person, and s/he is a transwoman now. A transwoman played by a white cishet female. The BBC only pretends to be inclusive.
>>
>>739160418
they could have just followed Tom Baker bumbling around the museum for a season or two.
>>
>>739160552
Yes, and? Like I said, Doctor Who has never been against progressiveness.
>>
>>739160637
I bet you voted for Hillary with excuse that Trump is a monster.
Fucking SJW cuck.
>>
>BBC in charge of inclusiveness
>casts a cishet white female - the largest single majority demographic in the whole country

There's already a transwoman boycott of the series on tumblr. Hope BBC takes notice!
>>
I don't really give a shit. Will see how she plays the doctor and then judge. I just hope they are not doing the Ghostbusters thing where it's "let's make them women and make a big fucking sexiest deal over it for publicly", which will fucking kill the show like it did that movie. I don't think they'll go that route though. Dr. Who has always had it's ups and downs, we'll see where this goes.
>>
>>739160634
I would have watched it
>>
>>739160610
As the Doctor said: "We’re billions of years beyond your petty obsession with gender and its associated stereotypes."

The Doctor is a Time Lord, an alien from space. They can change sex. That doesn't make them transgender, it's just how the species functions.

As for fixed number of regenerations, well the Doctor is passed 12 now, he was given a whole pile of new ones when he regenerated into Peter Capaldi.
>>
>>739160637
But he was against stupidity
>>
>>739160670
I'm Scottish, I couldn't have voted for Hillary if I wanted to. But yes, I would have done.
>>
>>739160598
Sorry, honey but everyone who was against ghostbusters was angry because it was feminised. Rotten tomatoes reviewed the film without counting the female replacement and https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/
>>
>>739160754
This was mentioned only in past few episode as a part of SJW propaganda.
Changing sex's was never even mention in past 50 years of the show's existance, first time it was implemented with the master to test the waters.
It's no coincidence doctor's last companion was a black fucking lesbian.
>>
>>739160670
> Fucking SJW cuck
Lol, are you even trying? It's like a broken record.
>>
>>739160754
Nah the doc is a tranny now get used to it.
>>
>>739160779
Go back to tumblr you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1418696826883.jpg (41KB, 460x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418696826883.jpg
41KB, 460x800px
>>739160670
>>739160827
wew
>>
The only thing worse than Dr. Who is Dr. Who fans
>>
>>739160805
Here's a review of Ghostbusters that absolutely pans it, but at no point is the sex of the actors an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcXszrAs5ik
>>
>>739157814
Yeah, her vagina will ruin everything!
>>
>>739160921
It's bigger on the outside than the on the inside!
>>
>>739160915
So who im going to believe?
>some youtuber
>300+ average reviewers
>>
People that have no problem with Doctor being a female are the same type of people that support transgender people.
>>
>>739160819
> Nah the doc is a tranny now get used to it.
Oh look, run out of arguments so it's time to dish out the slurs.

Space alien. Regeneration. Not human.

>>739160827
Thanks, but I really don't care for Tumblr..
>>
>>739157814
>O look it's a dying franchise
>how dare they try something new
>>
>>739160983
Pics?
>>
>>739161052
>Was a man now a chick
tranny
>after twelve doctors they chop off his dick
tranny
>>
>>739161084
Its like trying to put out a fire with electricity
>>
>>739160987
How about watch the video and see for yourself? The guy makes a pretty compelling case for why the film is so shit.

The fact that a whole pile of butt hurt people cried because there were women acting in it instead of men doesn't actually reflect on the film.
>>
i dont know why its a big deal. they ruined another series, so dont watch it
no viewers = they will get the message
it's evident that the public is exhausted by all these sjw trojan horses in entertainment. video games, movies, shows, etc

each iteration is going to fail after the next
>>
>>739161159
Regeneration. It changes you.

I mean, when Colin Baker regenerated into Sylvester McCoy, the Doctor lost about a foot in height. It wasn't surgically removed, the body just regenerated a new one.

Do you actually understand how any of this works, or are you just getting a kick out of saying the word "tranny"?
>>
>>739159527
i don't zozzle at a fucking thing. don't speak for me.
>>
>>739161084
>
But that's the point, everyone that's not retarded realises that they didn't implement woman as a doctor to try something new but to spread their sjw propaganda.
>>
>>739161159
The doctor never had a dick to begin with.
>>
>>739161161
And the pyromaniacs love it but the sane want to stop it
>>
>>739161253
A chick body with male thoughts is the definition of tranny - doctor is a tranny with a billion years of man memories of touching his dick and whacking off in his head
>>
I love this actually. No matter how they play it, or what they do, what direction they take the doctor being female, they are going to piss off and trigger tons of overly sensitive pricks who take things on a TV show way too seriously. The doctor cannot be a women people, the actress should be trans people, the "fuck them for making a period joke" people. The internet rage will be very entertaining.
>>
>>739161256
Zozzle zozzle zozzle zozzle zozzle etc.
>>
>>739157814
not gonna watch doctor whore
>>
>>739159925
Stop being such a fucking nigger. If they changed a female character like wonder Woman to wonder man then everyone would be losing their shit calling sexism.
>>
>>739161378
Um... regeneration? New body, new personality? Ring a bell?

Are you being obtuse or just trolling? Given how you keep saying 'tranny', I'm guessing the latter.
>>
>>739161406
I believe you're posting in a wrong thread, mental illness (trap) thread is in your other tab.
>>
>>739161253
Nah that's just like when u look at something from far away it looks smaller.
However they made his dick drop off to turn him into a woman ergo doctor is a tranny
>>
File: 1487699117248.jpg (41KB, 446x469px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1487699117248.jpg
41KB, 446x469px
>>739158836
Fucking whine some more why don't you
>>
>>739161456
>doctor whore
Because women are whores. Clever.
>>
>>739157814
I can't help but wonder if this only to further some agenda about "inclusiveness" by retconning a character with distinctive characteristics and introducing new ones to cater to the idea of everyone getting a shot by actively destroying the other group. Only in this case it's convenient because they can just say he regenerated and people will buy into that cover.
>>
>>739161579
What's up with white knight cucks in this thread?
How many fedoras do you own and how overweight are you actually?
>>
>>739161253
Don't worry dude it won't be gay if you cum to the new doctor. That's what is really worrying u right??
>>
>>739161508
Does Wonder Woman keep regenerating a new body and personality every few years? No? Well then.
> nigger
Ah, well that's a convincing argument there.
>>
>>739161636
Fedoras? None (no Trillbies either).
Overweight? Nope, sorry.
>>
>>739161552
I believe you have no idea what your talking about or have very poor reading comprehension.
>>
Can't wait for the morbidly obese otherkin transexual doctor regeneration
>>
>>739161636
They think if they defend a woman they will instantly like them
>>
>>739161658
Nothing's worrying me. It seems like it's the huge numbers of people who are crying over the BBC casting a woman who are worrying.
>>
>>739161745
EAT SHIT AND DIE YOU HORRIBLE CUNT!
>>
>>739161761
Yup, sad.
>>
>>739161761
This is an anonymous messageboard. If I was doing this to attract women to like me, I'd be doing it publicly.

Hey ladies...
>>
>>739161780
it's only cos they should have cast a transexual for a transexual role
>>
I think the most important thing we're all forgetting is that Dr. Who is a timeless piece of shit that finds itself cursed with immortality. Everytime it makes itself more unwatchable in an attempt to kill itself a bunch of nerdy Brit-aboos raise up and laud it's greatness, making even Undertale fans seem like decent folks. The series is a scarred, retarded thing at this point with a cult of mediocre people force feeding it income from commercials and Tardis bumper stickers. Maybe it's time it died.
>>
Really fucking angry that the BBC didn't have the bravery to cast a transwoman into a transwoman role.

They continue to marginalise genuine minority voices while pandering to safe "minorities" like cishet white women (who are in fact the majority of Britain to begin with).
>>
>>739161886
>force feeding it income from commercials

It's on the BBC you life long failure.
>>
I have never in my life seen even one episode of Doctor Who. I've never even seen part of an episode.
>>
>>739161900
Dubs don't lie!
If they are going to make the doctors dick fall off then at least cast a person who has been through the same experience!
>>
>>739161864
>>739161900
1. The Doctor isn't trans, because it's a whole new body. Time Lords regenerate. When they're male, they're male, when they're female, they're female. Maybe there are some trans Time Lords, I guess not everyone is happy with the regeneration they get (but at least they know they'll get another shot later).

2. If they did cast a transwoman, would that trigger you?
>>
>>739160447
>>cough
Star Trek Voyager
>>cough
>>
>>739161256
This dude zozzlin' all the time, sheesh.
>>
>>739161900
You're trying to bait but i believe that you actually believe this shit so i'm just gonna say it.

There is no such a thing as a transwoman, people who are born with a penis are and will be men for the time of their meaningless existence.
>>
>>739161837
The sad thing about it is that youve been doing it for so long that its rubbed off on you and even do it in anonymous message boards
>>
>>739162026
It can't be a whole new body cos they remember shit
>>
File: download.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>739157814
The new "Sonic Screw-Driver"!
>>
>>739162026
1. You are essentially saying they are an entirely different entity after each regeneration. You are the only person even attempting to use this line of reasoning because it is completely wrong and at odds with every piece of DW narrative

2. I am literally asking for a transwoman in the transwoman role, why would I be angry. What are you, drunk?
>>
>>739162088
...unless they filet it, invert it and insert it inside the body, fashioning a crude but effective vaginal canal.
>>
>>739161984
>still watches tv
>thinks others are failures
>>
>>739161984
BBC in other countries have commercials
>>
>>739162191
Im offended! The new sonic screwdriver has to be a vibrator in order to be sonic!
>>
>>739162135
Wow, that's a lot you've tried to infer from a few posts.
>>
>>739159658
That wasn't actually Cannon, as all other tardis's have made that sound dumbass
>>
>>739162026
Why would I be triggered by a tranny playing a tranny? The universe would be balanced!
>>
>>739162276
Ah, yes, quite correct... :)
>>
>>739162270
BBC in foreign countries is BBC World, a wholly separate subsiduary with a profit motive. DW is produced by BBC Wales. None of the commercial revenue from abroad can be used to fund DW for legal reasons.
>>
>>739162247
Just gonna quote the Doctor on this:

"I can still die. If I’m killed before regeneration then I’m dead. Even then. Even if I change, it feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away. And I’m dead."

> 2. I am literally asking for a transwoman in the transwoman role, why would I be angry. What are you, drunk?
It's really hard to figure out if people are being facetious or genuine here. Apologies if you were being genuine. And no, not drunk.
>>
>>739162250
>posting on 4chan about tv shows
>getting facts wrong
>doesn't even watch tv
I think you def count as the failure here
>>
>>739162334
Because the Doctor is not a transwoman, the Doctor regenerates a new body and becomes an actual woman. Space alien. Not human.

"We’re billions of years beyond your petty obsession with gender and its associated stereotypes."

You really seem to like the word 'tranny', I think there are other boards here which might be more your thing.
>>
>>739162478
>posting about series
>in a thread about a series
>online where you can watch series
>more greentext please
>>
>>739162556
You keep saying that he clearly says tranny and he clearly doesnt give a zooweemama
>>
Should have made it a transgender woman and replaced Tardis with a gender neutral toilet.

Would have triggered all the insecure faggots even more.
>>
>>739162014
You're really not missing out on much. /b/ only decided it cared when its sexism got triggered
>>
>>739162426
How do shows move between public BBC and private BBC World? Does your country make money off of BBC World?
>>
>>739162447
you're just cherry picking a completely arbitrary and generalised quotation about him describing what it feels like to regenerate. But the persistence of memory without flowery language makes it blatantly obvious that parts of the previous character remains.

This is where it becomes problematic for me, and PROVES beyond doubt that the Doctor is in fact transwoman.

Because memory and personality remain. For 13 generations, the Doctor (we can now posit with 100% certainty) has CHOSEN to identify male.

This time, s/he has chosen to identify female. But the old Doctor's personality and memory and emotions remain.

Therefore, the Doctor is trans. Saying the new Doctor is not trans, but is female is heteronormative bias. It is denying the entire part of the Doctor which was male and transitioned.

And yet they will still rely on all of that every time the Doctor has to recall something from xer past, or defeat an old enemy in a tried and tested way, right?

It is deeply problematic. You cannot work around the fact that residual parts of the pre-transition Doctor will make up a large part of xer character. The new Doctor is not female, but trans. A transwoman should have not been barred from taking the part of a transwoman Doctor.
>>
File: CmXoNDEW8AAFx2j.jpg (102KB, 960x902px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CmXoNDEW8AAFx2j.jpg
102KB, 960x902px
the only real choice...
>>
you know how when someone says "i like kpop" you can immediately tell they're a beta faggot? or if my little pony? that's what everyone thinks about you doctor who fans.

it's a show for teenage girls. if you're a guy and you watch that show you're a faggot, end of discussion.
>>
File: 1500283016427.jpg (132KB, 1031x775px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1500283016427.jpg
132KB, 1031x775px
>>739157814
>>
File: 1500287208951.gif (530KB, 480x292px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1500287208951.gif
530KB, 480x292px
Don Quijote will be played by a proud black Antifa 16-year old girl.
Buck Rogers will be gender fluid.
Instead of Driving Miss Daisy it will be Driving Miss Deyanira, a Dominican from Miami.
Katniss Everdeen will be a bulky Indonesian transgender..
The King and I will become the Drag Queen and I.
Not Without My Daughter will focus on a random gay Iranian.
Moctezuma will be played by a puppet named Elmo-ctezuma.
Lawrence of Arabia will become Laura of Atlanta, a proud part Asian bisexual.
Matrix will be led by Nellie, a Salvadorean female immigrant who goes into the Matrix who now wants out but refuses to disconnect.
In Schindler's List, Mel Gibson will be the lead actor.
Pan's Labyrinth will be a pansexual monster.
Home Alone will have a dog putting all the traps to defend its "guardians" home. And the dog finds he's gay and an immigrant (it's a Chihuahua).
Bruce Lee movies will have a reboot led by Nicole Kidman, an old divorcee who discovers the joy of Kung Fu after her wife left her (yes, she's lesbian).
Eat Pray Love will have a reboot, with Jamal being lead character, a black gay democrat who leaves his country after Trump's victory.
>>
>>739162723
BBC World is the profit-making wing of the BBC. When you go into BBC Broadcasting House and by a Top Gear keyring, you are buying it from BBC World.

It's basically clever accounting and bullshit that lets it take public money, earn profits, and pay executives ridiculous salaries.
>>
Doctor Who was never good. It is just one big nostalga trip to when you were a kid and watching flying spaceships and aliens blow each other up. It was made for kids and thats it. There should be no further thought proccess when watching it other than changing the channel. People who watch this show or either man children or sjws. Poo
>>
>>739162844
checked
>>
>>739162014
Firefly, Futurama, Stargate, etc, are far better. Dr. who was a mediocre horse beat to death and then stretched out by its intestines by a public broadcasting network
>>
>>739162796
How about you calm the fuck down and see what they do with it first. The doctor is not going to "identity" as anything but the doctor anyway.
>>
File: 1473028960467.png (40KB, 509x572px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1473028960467.png
40KB, 509x572px
>>739158836

>BETRAYED

You DO know that they don't make the show JUST FOR YOU, right?
>>
>>739157814
Well since Moffat so hates white men that it's poisoned his writing, casting, directing, and the entire idea of the show itself to the point of nonsense over the last decade, maybe a female doctor will actually be a better fit for the total fucked up mess the show is now.
>>
>>739162883
Jesus that's fucked but clever. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>739162844
I saw you post almost the exact same thing in the other thread anon ;) >>739162632
>>
>>739162796
Stop trying to sound clever with words you barely know the meaning of. Im convinced you are a 16 year old school girl with a doctor who pencil case. This much thought proccess into a show is clearly affecting your day to day life. Please stop.
>>
>>739163010
>makes rational, thought out post
>one line response is "calm down"

Couldn't think of anything more thoughtful to reply with, eh?

The criticisim should not be levelled at the in-show content at all. I am not saying the Doctor should "deal with gender issues" in the stories. Quite the opposite, that'd just prove the point of all the critics saying this will ruin the show.

I am saying that the selection was a deeply problematic one with an un-acknowledged heteronormative bias. The casting of a female to play an unavoidably transwoman role is discriminatory and alienating.
>>
>>739162993
All dead shows with no new episodes, but enjoy watching the same old eps over and over i guess.
>>
File: tenor.gif (688KB, 412x318px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tenor.gif
688KB, 412x318px
How about shit posting actress on facebook to the point, when BBC respond about sexism and how bad people we are.
>>
>>739162868
>Home alone will have a dog
Hell yeah, would watch

>gay and an immigrant
>chihuahua
nevermind
>>
>>739163258
Nice projecting. If you want help with any of the big words, I am here to help.
>>
>>739163272
>problematic

Fuck off. Descrie what is the problem instead of using that bundled up car crash of a word. It describes nothing and adds nothing to your argument. You write like a school girl.
>>
>>739163363
Tell me exactly which words are troubling you, anon. I can help.

I mean, I already described why there are issues over casting a woman to a trans role. But it's like you missed that because the vocabulary I used made you nervous.
>>
What you fail to realise is that one of the Doctors always wanted to be a woman. Or a ginger.
>>
>>739162796

This is absolute retardation.

The new female doctor cannot be transgender OR transsexual.

If the doc were a transsexual, that would imply that she either

A) Already possessed a strong desire to become a female before the most recent shift or
B) Have INTENTIONALLY gone through the transformation with the intent to take on a female form.

The doc also can't be transgendered, because whether they're male or female at the time, their gender identity never differs from their actual sex.

Just because there's some memory retention doesn't mean jack shit, you twatlord.
>>
>>739163276
kek. How autistic are you? Just stop rewatching the shows, tardo.
>>
>>739163272
Yeah. Calm your tits down. About all that is needed to be said.
>>
>>739157814
Well at least she's hot.
>>
What's annoying people about this new doctor isn't that she's a woman. It's that she's a woman now. If the doctor was to change into a woman back in 2009 then no one would care. But because all this social justice shite has cropped up in the past 5 years this female doctor is obviously nothing but a cynical net set out to catch the feminists who won't even watching the show after they watch 2 episodes and see they don't even like sci-fi. Also Steven Moffat can suck a dick.
>>
>>739164054
and you know that freshly regenerated pussy is tight.
>>
>>739163658
>If the doc were a transsexual, that would imply that she either
>A) Already possessed a strong desire to become a female before the most recent shift or
>B) Have INTENTIONALLY gone through the transformation with the intent to take on a female form.


Literally both of those things have / will happen. Doctor has previously "wanted to be female or ginger". And the next regen will be intentional. Just watch.

>their gender identity never differs from their actual sex.
That is literally the problematic part. It is heteronormative. Even though the Doctor has been male and now transitions to identify female, they are ignoring the transition (in the casting, not the show), by casting a cishet white woman to the role, not a transwoman.

Nice how the sexists keep moving their goalposts every time they let one in. Previously it was "different entities; not trans". Now it is "Same entity with memory retention, but that doesn't count".

Interesting to see which corner they paint themselves into next.
>>
The real crux of this is the annoyance our generation is starting to feel at companies when they make these changes of race, gender or w.e because we have become so familiarized with the fact that it is done simply to sate the desires of a small minority of person vs the majority mention it feels fake when these changes are decided and forced through simply vecause execs want to look inclusive. Do i care the doctor is a woman? No. It does bother me howeveelr that with the show struggling they went into casting with a mindset that eliminated 50% of all the canidates simply of the aforementioned desires to create a public image concurrent with the most vocal portions of our current society. In short people arent mad at jodie they are mad at execs that think breathing life into a show on requires that you throw in a few extra minorities or women and think well that fixed it! Also when a show has mantained an contionous theme of having a male role portray the doctor its odd to switch that up. It would be like changing the gender of bond it in reality does nothing to expabd or enhance the character because there is no real difference between if its a man or a woman and a change like that alone isnt what will save this show. Butts cause i love u anons
>>
>>739164076
>last 5 years
lol it's been going on on the show since Rose had to have a black boyfriend (along with damn near every other girl on the show) and the doc had to become a sexless emasculated beta fag because thats how the Beeb sees the role of white males.
>>
File: send help.jpg (55KB, 957x621px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
send help.jpg
55KB, 957x621px
I literally don't give two fucks so long as they give that tard Moffat the boot. If they can write a good story, I'll consume the media. If it's more pants-on-head like Capaldi, I won't.
>>
>>739164094
I cant wait to see them go full SJW and do a rape episode where the fuckin sexy doctor gets gangbanged by a herd of alien elephants
>>
>>739164265
Same. Haven't watched it in years. Won't until Moffat is gone and the next crew figures out that they need to completely gut the timeline to unfuck the story and characters and open it up to independent sci-fi writers like a proper serial to keep it from getting stale.
>>
>>739160203
Go fuck yourself with identity politics, the Doctor has different bodies, literally a whole different body, it's not transitioning, it's a fucking body swap

Male body=He
Female body=She
Simple as that, no fucking identities involved

Fucking neoliberalism I swear
>>
Doctor who is homo
>>
>>739157814
I heard that the Master will also be a woman, as well.
>>
>>739164205
>changing the gender of bond
Please God, no.

They already fucked up his identity enough.
>>
>>739158509
Dear BBC I won't be watching Doctor Who any more cause my mum can't fantasize about getting banged in the TARDIS by a chick.
>>
>>739159518
This is very true.
>>
Oh no, a woman. It's the end of all times. Faggot.
>>
>>739164161

>Doctor has previously "wanted to be female or ginger".

I don't watch the show at all because it's garbage, so there's no way I could have known that. Even then, a passing, "wanted to be female" [for a being that re-rolls it's stats on the regular, including sex] wouldn't be an unusual thought. The fact that it wasn't intentional [this time] still proves my point.

And who gives a good goddamn if the actor themselves are trans, EVEN IF THE CHARACTER IN QUESTION IS TRANS?
If there were a trans woman playing a heterosexual, cis-gendered female, should people care?

No, because it's fucking acting, you morons.

>acting: the art or practice of representing a character on a stage or before cameras

Which means the character themselves determine everything, not who's fucking playing them.
>>
>>739162796
>identify
That's it, you blew it, go fuck yourself with a narwhal horn
>>
>>739164663
I don't even care about what bond looks like. I can entertain the notion that new people get the designation of 007 when the old one gets shot/eaten by sharks/drown in gold/whatever, and their replacement takes on the agent name of James Bond.

What I can't forgive is ditching the fucking gadgets and humor, and turning the only unique and interesting action/suspense serial that combined brains, brawn, and technological innovation into a single fucking winning combination, FOR another watered down, featureless, choreographed martial arts demo. Literally all that's left of Bond at this point is a musclebound cop and a hacker nerd telling him where to stand and who to beat up. I mean this is shit.
>>
Dunno why you're all so bothered. Just more material to R34
>>
>>739165104
Skyfall was pretty good though.
But destroying the DB6 was too far.
>>
>>739164933
>I don't watch the show at all because it's garbage,
>there's no way I could have known that.
>a being that re-rolls it's stats on the regular

You are literally posting about a show you have imagined in your head. Where is your life heading, anon?
>>
>>739158191
We must do something. This is something. Let's do it. They couldn't perhaps try more innovative writing, less sombreness, less PC bullshit? No, let's do more PC bullshit, hire a totally unknown female lead (thus destroying the character, unless you are one of these subhuman gender is only a social construct pieces of garbage) and give the bird to the fans.

You are obviously a retard tier intellect
>>
>>739165244

You have enough people in your life with bad taste in television, you learn a thing or two about shows.

Barring that, there's always wikipedia.
>>
>>739165221
exactly.
just like Moffat perma-destroying K9 and discarding the sonic screwdriver for a pair of sunglasses (bc wearables are gonna be trendy in 2017).

People who do not appreciate time-honored shit that works, should not be put in charge of it and given the leeway to wreck it.
>>
>>739158941
Jump the shark moment, you virtue signalling nonentity with shit taste
>>
>>739157814
Stop being butthurt over nothing. I didn't see you bitching when futurama did a r63 episode don't be a retarded over a choice that won't make any difference. Clara as a character was a worse choice than this.
>>
>>739159925
Doctor Who is already an infected PC cesspit. THis has absolutely killed it stone dead. Ratings will tank. Why must every bastion of maleness be subject to attack? Why can not a single male character in popular culture not be subject to this relentless PC assault? SJWs need to die
>>
>>739165622
>r63
wait wut
>>
>>739160754
Oh what utter bullshit. DW is totally obsessed with gender and ruining good characters by turning them female, and by making 'fucking white males' either cannon fodder or nonexistent. I hate SJW trash and tumblrinas with a passion, they make me sick. Male values were what made our societies great. There should be room for at least some quality male characters on television. Already male human characters are virtually excluded from a show originally targeted at boys. You make me sick you filthy degenerates
>>
>>739158795
Like who? Martha? That fucking baldy headed loser. Shit at least Billy was an ok character. It will never be as good as the Tennant, Piper, gillan three way you have in your head
>>
>>739165404
but your methods suck, because you clearly didn't pick up anywhere near enough about this one show to make any posts that relate to it.
>>
>>739165654
Probably. But on the other hand,
I can't think of any other show that's really tried putting a female in as the lead in a sci-fi series.

Stargate had whatsertits but was in love with Cap'n Jack
Star Drek Voyeur had Janeway but she was a cold iron uncharismatic cunt no one would ever look up to.
And Leela was animated.

So maybe since the show sucks donkey balls already and can't possibly lose any more viewers due to quality, they'll pick up teenage girls who have no other options for inspiring female wizards.

And that is how decisions are made in board rooms.
>>
>>739161052
Time Lords never could become female until Moffat's pollution. Time Ladies existed before without the need for transgender filth. It needs to be exterminated.
>>
>>739161253
And McCoy was shit as well, just as you and your tastes are
>>
>>739161295
He sometimes had a bulge
>>
>>739158836
Then fuckdy fuck you ya shit diddling piss shitter you don't buy the merch so you don't matter. I do buy the merch so my opinions, unlike your existence, matters
>>
>>739162026
No fucking evidence that Time Lords could regenerate cross gender you fucking shitlord before that worker of darkness Moffatt took over. Even that barely male RTD didn't try this putrid shit. Please kindly kys
>>
>>739164933
>Which means the character themselves determine everything, not who's fucking playing them.
I think they should cast a 6 year old mulatto boy as James Bond
>>
File: 0ADDafddsdha.jpg (144KB, 1441x921px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0ADDafddsdha.jpg
144KB, 1441x921px
>>739166002
Watches at $ 0?
>WTF?
>>
File: Blink.jpg (84KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Blink.jpg
84KB, 1024x768px
>>739165872
Billie Piper looked like a trashy horsefaced slag.

Karen G + This chick right here.
>>
>>739162868
Underrated post

>>739162883
They just killed millions in income. But the BBC is a self hating institution. They've always wanted to kill off DW
>>
>>739165908

Oh damn, I didn't get all the facts right.

It's a good thing I got my point across though.
>>
>>739166254
gods she was a knockout
and we never saw her again
>>
>>739165872
Donna Noble was superior to all them, though the only one I wanted to fuck was Amy pond.
>>
>>739158191
You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>739160515
I can't wait for them telling us every episode that The Nurse is a female.
"Oh tehe, I'm a woman."
"Just a quick reminder, I'm a woman and so much smarter now."
"Oh you boys, I'm a woman."
"Woman woman woman!!!!"
I hope they bring the doctor back once the nurse fails.
>>
>>739164265
>>739164463
Moffat lost his touch, watch the last Sherlock.
>>
>>739161052
Doctor is a tranny now, renamed as the nurse. Get used to it.
>>
>>739161456
>doctor
I think you mean The Nurse.
>>
>>739161658
I won't be wanking to The Nurse cus she is an old lady... so.... yeah.
>>
>>739162026
I think you mean The Nurse.
>>
>>739166573
Doctor Donna for more than a millsecond would have been awesome.
>>
>>739157814
someone on /b/, most likely a male, posting about this and not being ok with it? I AM SHOCKED I SAY, SHOCKED!
>>
File: 1495841284519.gif (1MB, 451x331px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1495841284519.gif
1MB, 451x331px
>>739166239
s+h thanks for the spam.
>>
>>739167725
IKR
>>
File: 1aa.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1aa.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>739167730
CIS GENDER WHITE MALE !!!
>>
>>739168284
I know, right? I thought they were a myth. A bogeywymyn designed to scare girls.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 22





[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.