[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental illness thread.. not trap. Actual mental illness. I know

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 16

File: b8395fdf2a6d432dbbc9d3d9dfc362dc.jpg (286KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
b8395fdf2a6d432dbbc9d3d9dfc362dc.jpg
286KB, 1280x960px
Mental illness thread.. not trap. Actual mental illness. I know most of you faggots are crazy. So share diagnosis and treatment and whatever.

Borderline and currently unmedicated..
>>
go to an actual professional instead of 4chan?
>>
>>736603924
I go to professionals. I just want to see what other people deal with
>>
>>736603673
Depression and anxiety disorder here.

The meds really help with the anxiety but the depression still makes it really hard to do anything sometimes.
>>
>>736604339
I've found cymbalta to really help with my depression. You should ask about it if you haven't tried it before. Whatcha taking for anxiety? With my bpd they won't prescribe me any benzos for more than a month at a time and it's rough.
>>
>>736604439
I've taken cymbalta for a while it did help but it also makes me a bit aggressive.

Atm I take escitalopram and effectin.

They do decently but I have some things to deal with that make it really hard to get better.
>>
Schizoaffective Disorder, got the strongest pills on the market and I can barely think. At least I don't have insomnia anymore.
>>
>>736604558
Loud and clear. Yeah I've noticed some random outbursts of aggressive from seemingly nowhere since I started it.. idk I look at it as I'd rather be a little quick to anger from time to time than depressed all the time.
>>
>>736604914
What do you take for schitzoaffective? They had me on Seroquel for a little bit but it made me a bit groggy the day after. Now I just get the refills to sleep lol. Them anti psychotics are great for sleep
>>
>>736603673
I am also borderline, 150mg venlafaxine
>>
>>736603673
How is it the mentally-ill fuck wants help/to share his condition with others, but trap-loving liberal shitbirds think they're fine?

Fuck this world.
>>
>>736605127
How's it working for you? I don't think I've actually tried that one..
>>
>>736605200
What? Typically when I see "mental illness thread" on b it's just nothing but trap pics... I wanted conversation, not to jerk it..
>>
>>736603673
I'm a diagnosed sociopath due a series of fires I started at age 8 as an act of protest.

I wanted an individual room in the orphanage I was living, they denied it arguing that those are reserved for the oldest or more problematic residents... and decided to be problematic. Locked the door and started a fire with me and my roomate inside (he was sleeping). I locked to door so the fire got the chance to get big enough as need to call the firemen. Eventually the firemen came, broke the door, extinguish the fire, and I got into disciplinary treatment (school-isolation room where the only thing you can do is homework). One week later, the room was fixed... I was assigned to that room... and also my roomate.

The very same day I did the same. Locked the door, started a fire, etc... just to show how determined I was to get my individual room. 1 week of disciplinary treatment and psychologist later I had my very own room. I won.

Bought a lock soon after (also against the rules).
>>
>>736605444
What's being in an orphanage like? Also. Didn't have to take any fire starter classes? Those are awful lol
>>
Zolafren (olanzapine) is what they gave to me, it's the strongest one in my country
>>
You guys are puss shit. Grab your balls, man up and take depression on yourself. Don't use drugs.
"I'm sad doc, will you give me a pill?"
>>
>>736605003
I forgot to tag you, here
>>736605638
>>
>>736605805
I don't have depression but I don't think it works like that
>>
>>736605805
Oooooo tough edgy guy. Wow through your anonymous post you sure showed me I'm a quivering pussy.
>>
>>736605578
I don't know if things are still like this today (i'm 42), and my experience is based in Spain sytem.

It's more or less like a college major, you got your room (normally shared), there is a dinneroom, a kitchen (were you're not allowed), etc. You go to school... to a normal school.

The singular is the residents. Once somebody is 3 year old, you fall in the category "not for adoption". Often they're children from disfunctional families that lost the "patria postestad", or child born sick that nobody wants (down syndrome) or children from immigrants that died.

Robbery is the first language in those places, other problematic behaviours are a constant too. But the main problem (for me) where the robberies.
>>
>>736603673
Autism and transgendrism here.
fml.
>>
>>736605959
Sadly it's how a lot of people think it works... "Got a case of the blues. Cheer up!" Golly! I'm cured! Appreciate you knowing better.
>>
>>736603673
Borderline can't be fixed with medication. Anyone in the medical community is in denial if they think it can. The best thing you can do is try different things to remember to be good to people, do anything to have calmness in your life and it will make your interactions with others more pleasant. Medication will make things worse for BP, you're right to stay away from them.
>>
>>736606010
Idk if you've seen many movies with orphanages in them. But would you say they're any good at accurately depicting them?
>>
>>736606226
Yeah. I've been told time and time again to go to a DBT group (dialectical behavioral therapy).. I just don't think I'd do well in a group setting.. but that being said I've been to close minded to give it a try
>>
I'm french and it's look like the disease of "escargots". Good luck my friends, it's very hard to survive.
>>
>>736606049
I can't tell if you're being serious. My little sister has both of those things but people tend to just joke so it's hard to tell through text
>>
Chronic depression adhd anxiety learning disabilities. Thankfully all but the learning disabilitie is controlable and that just requires hammering a lesson over and over
>>
>>736606419
Am serious. Officially diagnosed with both.
>>
>>736606461
Ah okay sorry for not taking it at face value.. you know how people are. You go to any pride fests yet? Fun stuff. I got a rainbow flag cape and love it.
>>
>>736606436
You in college?
>>
>>736606235
I think that nowadays orphanages are near extinct in all the western countries? there must be some, ofc, but still...

Mainly, there are families that either want to earn points for a definitive adoption or just want money from the government that blindly adopt the kids. The families are the ones waiting for a kid, so it's a fast process.

This is due the "institutionalization" (I hope I translated that well) is considered a big problem for the education.

So you're basically in a family that didn't choose you. At this point you're not legally adopted though, this a longer process (years). You can't be adopted with a family that didn't go through this process (with you).
>>
>>736603673
pyromaniac and masochist.does it count?
>>
File: 1491543900314.jpg (98KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1491543900314.jpg
98KB, 640x853px
>>736603673
I have another from this set
>>
>>736606356
BP is a social thing really, so no wonder you don't want to go to a social setting.
Ever think maybe it's just nature's way of telling you people are fucked and stay away from them? Like you might be fucked, but everyone else is fucked in a different way too. What kinds of things do you enjoy/are good at?
>>
>>736603673
>>
>>736607394
What does "rating" mean in this instance?
>>
>>736607288
Yeah Borderline Personality Disorder isn't a social thing though, in terms of personality disorders.
Also, meds are not indicated for the treatment of BPD, but may be useful in comorbid depression as another anon mentioned.
>>
>>736603673
I hope you get help and medication soon anon.
People with borderline personality disorder scare the everloving shit out of me, I've dated two people with this and it really sucked.
>>
>>736607288
>BP is a social thing really
You know nothing.
>>
>>736607838
I've been in a relationship with someone with bpd.. 2 people with bpd in a relationship is the most volatile thing I've ever seen. Yet I still think about her daily lol
>>
>>736607288
I'd like to go to college for computer science or computer engineering. have loved computers since I was young. Currently my life is pretty stagnant. Avoiding people and just learning from my apartment. Working from home and keeping to myself
>>
>>736608174
I've kind of decided on not getting romantically involved with someone with bpd after those two.
That shit was just too fucked.
How fucked did things get with you and your ex?
>>
>>736607984
Well I'm right.
Prove I'm wrong.
>>
>>736607566
Yeah. I mean I can fully understand how someone would think it is a "social thing".. I could see people thinking that about a lot of personality disorders. Also yeah medication doesn't help my bpd. But valium does make me be able to deal with anxiety and helps push me in the right direction. The anxiety being the cause of the anti social behavior of course
>>
>>736603673

>Borderline and currently unmedicated

I have Borderline as well and epilepsy as a bonus. Apparently I have a low seizure threshold and the medication I take pushes me just over the edge. So I also have to take anti-epileptic drugs too.

I take:

>Venlafaxin
>Quetiapin
>Lamotrigin

Doing a lot better though
>>
>>736608357
I mean sex was amazing. But it always had to involve some sort of bdsm. Usually cutting each other and licking the blood. We would constantly cheat on each other and lie about it. We got along perfectly as we have the exact same personality. But when one of us would get a fear of abandonment.. hell would break loose. We wouldn't hurt each other physically during arguments. We would more of try to force ourselves to abandon each other so we wouldn't be abandoned. Itd happy every few days and would last a few hours ending with everything going back to normal. Controlling each other and everything each other did
>>
>>736608517
That's rough. Does epilepsy effect any aspects of your bpd aside from having to have a cocktail of meds I mean
>>
>>736608667
That sounds super stressful, didn't you just exacerbate each others anxiety?
>>
Schizoid memes here.
I've been on ~7 different meds. They dindu nuffin.
>>
>>736608769
Oh yes. Constantly. Honestly I'm not someone who fully understands how my own condition works. But no matter what we would be inexplicably stuck together. It's an attraction I know we both still deal with and try to avoid contact if possible. We would constantly be paranoid and anxious about each other's actions. Constantly going on the other person's phone to try to catch them but we would both be cautious and hide anything. We were careless and hurt anyone that tried to help us and tell us we were bad for each other. Also thank you for asking me about this. Very nice to get it out there.
>>
Social anxiety disorder, depression with psychotic features but I realized over the last few years I think I'm a legit Aspie/high functioning autism, never officially diagnosed with it though. Been on every medication under the sun, Benzos, Anti-depressants, Anti-psychotics, mainly Serqouel and Mirtazipine.
>>
>>736608869
Yeah.. sadly most anti psychotics are designed to numb you... Someone needs to make better meds.
>>
>>736609026
Well it is a thread meant for this, so I thought I'd ask pertinent questions.
It's also kind of me trying to figure out why my exes behaved like they did.
>>
>>736609137
I only ever took one anti-psychotic. I don't recall it having lliterally /any/ effect, good or bad.
>>
>>736609102
Yeah. I know the pain of being put on everything. Seemingly pointless and nothing working. And if something DOES work it's usually short lived and stops working within months. I'd pay a lot of money if someone made a benzo like med that didn't have the horrible side effects and tolerance growth.
>>
According to the experts i've been diagnosed with Autism, Bipolar and borderline personality disorder.

I am a mess I suppose.
Just off Olanzapine, that drug is terrible.
Going to a psyh next week in hope to get someting better.

Man Suicide is just consistent thoughts.
>>
File: 1497110836192.jpg (135KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1497110836192.jpg
135KB, 500x667px
>>736609167
Honestly if you tell someone who doesn't know they have BPD the almost always childhood of someone with BPD. They'll be amazed that you know their childhood so well. It's not ALWAYS the background of someone with bpd. But a lot of the time it's on the dot. I thought that instead of a background for a diagnosis they were telling me just about my childhood and upbringing (only posting a picture because my app is saying I'm trying to upload a file and maybe actually doing it will fix this)
>>
>>736609595
It's not worth it.. been in and out of hospitals for attempts and whatnot. I've finally actually accepted the saying "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" I believe that it DOES get better. Personally it hasn't yet. But I can have some hope that it does. Hang in there man. You're not alone.
>>
>>736609634
Yeah it's what my exes told me about their childhoods that is part of how I recognize other people with bpd. There are certain ways they behave and react to the world that tips me off as well.
I can usually hang out with them just fine, but I never get to the point of flirting with them.
>>
>>736608761

>Does epilepsy effect any aspects of your bpd aside from having to have a cocktail of meds I mean

No.
>>
>>736609943
Probably for the best. Its a lot of work to be with someone with bpd as you probably know. And yeah it's really easy to identify them. You can almost always be certain there was neglect or abuse in their childhood. As well as probably 1 parent or less. Usually we become sexually active very young (I was 10-11) and had a lot of sexual partners. Those are the huge red flags you can see right away. I haven't been able to find any study or actual facts surrounding it but from my experience people I know with bpd usually get sexually aroused by almost any fetish. It's pretty bad. I wish I could find some documentation on it. Currently I feel like it might just be the few people and I that I know with bpd that have that problem.
>>
>>736603673
Aspergers, adhd, depression and dyslexia.
Socially retarded can't have a worthwhile conversation with anyone and I am unable to be in public or be around people in general because of panic attacks.
>>
>>736603673
schizophfrom or whatever.
>>
>>736610319
I feel you man. Again. I swear by valium for being amazing for helping with socializing. Sadly. Bad medication for long term use. Might be a stupid question but how does dyslexia "work" for you? Like how do you see letters and numbers and anything else that it affects
>>
>>736610299
Yeah, being with someone with bpd was just too emotionally exhaustive to me, that combined with my stress induced social anxiety just isn't a good mix.
I usually spot them within the first 10 minutes of meeting them, if they're dating one of my friends I make sure to keep an eye on how they're doing, just in case things go tits up.
>>
>>736610567
It's not an if really it's more of a when lol. But that's nice of you to keep an eye out for friends. I hope they know about their condition. I wouldn't want to have to force someone to deal with my shit unless they know what they're in for.
>>
Bipolar type II
Mostly manic episodes 24/7
Occasional crippling depression, thoughts of suicide.

Tried taking Wellbutrin in the army and it made me a zombie. Stopped taking it.

Now I just "man up" and deal with it.

I'm not a victim, I don't need sympathy, and I sure as fuck won't use it as a crutch not to manage my responsibilities.
>>
>>736610732
Respect that. But I hope you don't think that medication is for the weak. It's here to help. Don't get me wrong. People use and abuse meds because they're lazy and want everything easy all the time. Sadly it makes things harder for people who really need the help.
>>
>>736610697
Well I know how lonely it can feel to be in a relationship with someone who has bpd, so I make sure to be near if they reach that point, so they'll realize they aren't alone.
If either my friend or the person they are dating doesn't mention the bpd and I notice my friend acting confused about what is going on, I try to gently introduce the idea to them.
>>
If im being honest I dont know much about dyslexia I was diagnosed with it a long time ago and havent cared to know what it does in detail.
But I have a hard time mixing up certain letters when writing or reading.
I often forget the meaning of very common words that will make an sentence completly fucked. So you just have to reread everything and its a slow process.
>>
so we are tumblr now? Wow feels an awful lot like summer
>>
>>736611085
Tumblr tells people to just go with their mental shit and not looking for help.
People here are talking about dealing with their shit.
If the thread doesn't interest you that's fine, but if you want tumblr shit, go to a trap thread and argue with people about whether the feminine penis is gay or not.
>>
Major depression being self treated by lsd microdosing. Been doing it since February and it's truly been a lifesaver. 0 depression since I've started and my life has gotten way better without it holding me back.
>>
>>736610991
That's very nice of you. Need more people like you lol. The rapid mood swings are an absolute friendship ruiner too. I've had friends that I'd hang out with and I'd be especially "bad" that day and they'd see me go from a euphoric almost high state to angry to depressed to happy to sad to stupid and ready to make mistakes all within a couple hours and it'd scare em off. I don't blame them in the slightest though. It's hard to keep up with that and alter plans and everything with someone like that.
>>
>>736611277
this is such a meme
but I'm glad to hear it works for you
>>
>>736605200
The board name is random, not random except the things you dislike. Hide them if they bother you.
>>
Mental health is just another fashion statement nowadays.

95% of those who broadcast it publicly don't have it.

Schizoaffective, GAD and ADHD here. Mainly see and hear things others don't, mania, depression, random panic attacks over nothing and forgetting pretty much everything.

Currently on no medication as the side effects are too much.

Also, some bitch my girlfriend knows always goes on about her "bipolar" on social media, we were out one night in front of 6 or so of her friends and I asked how long she'd been on medication for, she replied "Oh like 3 or so years".

"What's the medication called"?

She didn't know, because she's not got fucking Bipolar the cunt, takes it all off of her social media.

Rant complete.
>>
>>736611232
Tumblr is for women, children, and faggots.
>>
>>736603673
I have just one sympton of OCD: compulsive hand washing. Nothing else related to that, but I was them roughly every 10/15 minutes, constantly. If I am in a place in which I can't wash them I bring tons of hand sanitizer and I constatly use it.
>>
>>736611277
Very interested for more information. Dosage amounts aswell as how you function with day to day tasks. Working/driving/keeping your cool so people don't know your tripping. I love LSD as much as the next guy but I'd like some info
>>
>>736611366
I've got a friend with bipolar disorder who functions kind of like that, but we somehow make it work, he accepts me for my way of being and I accept his.
But he is rather good at verbalizing what is happening in him instead of just going with it, so we can kind of reason our way out things as they happen, with very few misunderstandings between us.
>>
>>736611432
Yeah I agree.. I keep my borderline and other problems mainly to myself and close family and friends. I don't broadcast at all. Hell in the OP I only said BPD because when you start listing things people tend to say "this person is just showing their "accolades" of probably fake conditions" it's shitty but media has turned mental health into an accessory. It's awful. Hell even I assume people are faking when they post shit on facebook
>>
Honestly I don't know what I have, maybe caused by lack of a father and being bullied. Anyway.

-keep 99% of my thoughts/emotions to myself
-quick tempered
-super unorganized (wont study for anything, no matter how much I want to succeed)
-pretty forgetful
-self conscious (walking alone makes me feel weird) (reason I'm a virgin, girls have asked me to hang out and I avoid them)
-really good social skills in conversation but very shy
-overly active sex drive
-decently intelligent (understand things within seconds while it takes other people a longer time)
>>
>>736611734
Yeah it's always nice when someone is able to explain what's going on. It's not always easy for sure but it's helpful for people to understand. Years of therapy makes you pretty good at talking about your feelings. Who would've guessed lol
>>
File: sdklljsisj.jpg (530KB, 1747x1048px) Image search: [Google]
sdklljsisj.jpg
530KB, 1747x1048px
>>736603673
>Borderline Personality Disorder
>Major Depressive Disorder
>Persistent Depressive Disorder
>Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I'm on an anti depressant, and i see a psychologist for two hours every other week.
>>
>>736605216
It helps but doesn't do as much as I'd like it to
>>
>>736611997
Well it was certainly what enabled me to be more honest.
Cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness meditation got me to a point, where I just openly share how I feel and people just relate to me easier.
>>
>>736611987
Honestly you might find some info looking into bpd. My dickhead of a dad not being in my life is one of my problems. I'm not saying it's necessarily what you have but if you look at the background and info on what someone with bpd looks and acts like. You might notice that you fit the bill
>>
Severe Depression
Mania
Psychotic Tendencies
took medication for a long time but they didn't help. Started smoking marijuana to help with depression. Haven't needed the bullshit medication the doctors prescribed to me. Every once in awhile i get waves of depression but they don't last long.
>>
>>736611894
Indeed, all the "mental health awareness" is pissing me off too.

All these people saying how proud they are to be dealing with it are fakers, if you have it the least you want to do is share it with everyone.

The only time sharing it actually helps like you say is letting close friends and family know about warning signs.
>>
>>736603673

PTSD from bad car crash, taking prozac and i go see a shrink every 2 weeks.

>life sucks man
>>
>>736603673
Depression, PTSD.
>>
schizoaffective (the depressiv kind)

But when in mania mode its hard...

No medication anymore to much side effects (risperdal, invega,...)
>>
>>736612138
People with bpd are amazing people to have to confide in about things. They're very emotionally invested in the friends they keep. Personally if I can help a friend figure out something going on in their life I love to help.
>>
>>736606943
Post it then
>>
>>736612206
Yeah. Sadly it probably started with good intention but has become a situation where people with the real problems can't get help.
>>
>>736612284
I have BPD, and i've always been great at giving advice.
>>
>>736612284
Yeah I can see how that would work. I just tend not to because I've already been burned twice.
I can talk about it and give advice, but I don't really make a habit of getting emotionally vulnerable around people with bpd.
>>
>>736612208
Honestly I don't know a ton about PTSD . Don't take this the wrong way. I'm honestly curious. How does PTSD from a car crash affect your life?
>>
File: 20170207_183450-1.jpg (360KB, 1206x1375px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_183450-1.jpg
360KB, 1206x1375px
>>736611394
Honestly, if sucking Pepe's fat cock knocked out my depression, I'd even swallow. I had cycled through antidepressants for years trying to find one that didn't make me suicidal until I lost health insurance and found while I'm extremely depressed unmedicated I'm not suicidal.

>>736611680
10ug every 4th day. So 10ug, two days off and then repeat. I started with 20ug and I'd find myself either using the wrong words or not being able to remember what things are called. E.g. calling a truck a van, cat a dog etc. Dropping down to 10ug cleared that up completely. You don't really notice the dose otherwise, no hallucinations but I do find myself way more introspective since I've started. Also, much more mindful and aware of the world around me and how people perceive me.

The biggest plus side is every microdose day is a really good day, the next day is good, and then 3rd day is baseline but still no depression.

I dose by dissolving a 100ug tab (pictured) into a 100ml dropper bottle full of distilled water. 10ml=10ug. Makes it super easy to figure out your dose and be accurate.

Nobody notices my microdose days, my wife can tell when I'm on a baseline day sometimes because I'll get a little moodier.
>>
>>736603673
I was abused as a child from the age of 5 to 14, as a response my mind would wander off while it happen, now I have problems telling the difference between what's real or not.
>>
>>736604339
same here. I have disabling social anxiety. My depression is so bad, I don't even want to get out of bed in the morning. I think about suicide probably a hundred times a day. I take paxil and klonopin. I recently started taking amitriptyline at night to help sleeping. I talk to my doctor about the depression and he has me taking welbutrin. I've taken it before and didn't see much results. when this first started I had severe paranoia and locked myself in my room for a week and my parents finally made me go to the doctor. The doctor told me that some day I would look back at the way I've acted and laugh about it. I've taken a number of anti psychotics, anti depressants, and benzos which I am now dependent because if I stop them I get withdrawal sickness. I'm still waiting to laugh
>>
>>736603924
I wish the "professionals" around actually had a clue how to handle me, let alone me having the finances to bother.

c. Deep south Texas, depressive/high functioning asperger's.
>>
File: torus mandala.png (30KB, 242x240px) Image search: [Google]
torus mandala.png
30KB, 242x240px
Hey /b/ros, Anon here. I am living with Schizoaffective disorder and take Risperdal, an antipsychotic, During the height of my psychosis I stayed up for 5 days straight and thought I was the pope. Ended up being hosiptalized and took a break from college during my sophmore year. Broke up with my gf who had undiagnosed BPD.

Anyways 3 years down the road to recovery here are some things I have found that helped me. First was getting a job to fill the void left by school. It is just a shitty dishwashing job but whatever it's alright. I also journal a bunch and keep track of my days and what I did in a small journal. It helps me remember stuff. Some other helpful stuff has been exercising and eating healthy.

Really one of the best things to help me was getting involved with the organization called NAMI ( National Alliance on Mental Illness). They are a grassroots family based organization that offers support groups and peer to peer classes to learn more about the various diseases. I took the training and became a mentor to lead the peer to peer classes as well as Connections, the more support based class.
This opportunity has allowed me to meet other people with lived experience and to help others.

Helping with this organization has helped me realized that I want to do psychology and now I am back in school and set to graduate next year with a B.A. in psychology.

At this point I want to branch out and find more people my age living with mental illnesses and get them involved with going to groups or just having a social night once a month or something. Just getting people together to help each other on the path to recover would help everyone out.

If any of you guys have questions or comments feel free to leave them below. Peace.
>>
>>736612536
That's fair. But I mean if you make good friends with someone with bpd. We can be really helpful with figuring things out. I can understand the hesitation though
>>
>>736607528
Severity
>>
>>736612663
damn I'm sorry about that

my mom was on tons of medications as well and she pretty much went psychotic after cutting them out

she's still recovering but WAY better than she was before
>>
Paranoid schizophrenic and depressed (uncertain whether depression comes from the schizophrenia or not).
Been on meds but they made my episodes worse so stopped taking them years ago and working just fine in society.
>>
>>736612236
Hello there. Schizoaffective anon here and taking risperdal as well. What were the side effects you experienced if I may ask?
>>
>>736612820
Well I'm not gonna reject the notion of that ever happening, but it would be after the person spent enough time with me to get past my wariness.
As I said earlier, I don't avoid people with this, I'm just cautious.
>>
>>736612402
There are organizations out there to help people. Community support services and NAMI provide some programs and assistance.
>>
>>736612776
>getting involved with the organization
I have trust issues with everyone. when I go to a mental health facility I'm on edge because I think someone is going to sneak up on me and inject me with a tranquilizer and I'm going to wake up strapped to a bed. Honest to god truth, I am ready to take a swing at anyone who gets within arms reach of me
>>
None of you are mentally ill. None. None of you are bipolar, schizophrenic, borderline. Your all fags trying to be flawed and cool.

People who seriously are ill don't brag about it for cool points.

Fucking loser degenerates. Disrespecting people who actually suffer mental illness.

Your a fucking disgrace go back to Tumblr. Fucking ass clowns.
>>
>>736612776
I would love to be able to find some sort of chat room to have other people with bpd to talk to.. I'm glad things are looking up for you! I've noticed that for almost everyone. Adding structure to your day is a really powerful thing. Not taking over the world. Just small things that mean something to you.
>>
>>736613050
>People who seriously are ill don't brag about it for cool points.

Nobody is bragging, this is a pseudo anonymous forum to talk with others
Bit different than tumbler
>>
>>736612663
Things will get better. I hate how that doctor talked down to you like that. As long as you keep trying, you're moving forward and taking steps in the right direction. The only thing that doesn't help is giving up and staying in the same spot.
>>
>>736612934
extreme fatigue, problems with blood pressure, nuasea and it made me more drepressed
>>
>>736613050
>brag about it for cool points.
nobody is bragging. It's a relief to tell someone, someone who actually knows, how you actually
feel and it's anonymous and in the safety of my own home.
You're a fucking cunt
>>
>>736613050
Now here is a dude with legit mental illness. Maybe we like talking about it here because we are anonymous and can be truthful with no repercussions
>>
>>736613136
No this is an anonymous image board specifically the random image board. Not a I wish I was mentally ill, let's pretend.
>>
>>736603673
Severe PTSD from deployments
Diazepam, currently
>>
>>736613050
Yes. That's why behind complete anonymous names we are having civilized conversation. No need to try to tear down others trying to help each other because you don't understand. It's just a bit edgy
>>
>>736613050
Do you really think anyone wants to be labeled as having a mental illness. Commom... given the choice would you rather have people say you have a mental illness or that you are normal?? Everyone wants to be normal.

People like you are the reason why stigma exists against people like us.
>>
>>736612961
Yeah. That's fair. I'm glad you don't just reject and assume we are all bad people to avoid at all cost.
>>
>>736613056
I heard someone mention that there was a chat room app for people with certain illnesses. I'll have to look into it and try and find it because you are right, that would be pretty cool.

I have found that just talking to people with similar experiences has helped out a lot. There is a ton of experience and wisdom that others could offer. I am glad someone made a thread.
>>
>>736606924
so autism, then? obsessiveness plus high pain tolerance with desire for stimulation.

personally i've been diagnosed with psychotic depression. can anyone explain the difference between that, schizoaffective, and schizophrenia to me?
>>
>>736612585
Sorry for the late reply. I get all jumbled up trying to respond to everyone. I want to talk to everyone. I'd love to try that. Sadly LSD here in Maine is a little too expensive to be doing that lol
>>
>>736613159
gocha gotcha. How is it now that you are off it??

I am asking because ideally I dont want to be taking anti psychotics for the rest of my life, even if it is just 5 mg.
>>
>>736613539
I'd love you if you could help me out.. I've had no luck in the past and I agree just talking like this is extremely helpful. I plan on starting more threads like this more often. I'm also happy to see whenever someone comes and tries to talk down to us multiple people are correcting them. It's very nice.
>>
>>736613569
I have schizoaffective and I have no idea. I'd assume it's the difference in being able to distinguish what is reality and what isn't. But I honestly don't know
>>
Most of you people aren't mentally ill. You've just been held back in life because you're not attractive to the opposite sex. You're boring and unremarkable, but have this notion that you're somehow special and should be achieving greatness.

The fact is you're probably ugly and don't wash enough. Unfortunately, professionals can't help that.
>>
>>736603673
No idea. Undiagnosed, possibly undiagnosable but definitely not sane. AMA if any of you fags wanna try and figure out which brackets I fit into (my money's on brain damage)
>>
>>736613569
Girlfriend informs me that the difference is schitzoaffective has a mood disorder attached to it.
>>
>>736605805
How do you propose correcting an error in perception, when your perception is flawed to begin with?

It's okay. It's obviously too complex for you to understand.
>>
>>736613471
Well I've been rejected enough in my life, to not do so to other people out off hand.
Everyone is an individual, so I tend to meet people like that and see how they are to be around.
>>
>>736613973
Another edgy one? Sheesh you're coming in here more and more. We aren't getting butthurt by the ignorance. Feel free to try.. it's just not doing much
>>
>>736612579

NB. bit of background so it makes sense -head on collision - we were going 85mph+ my friend was overtaking another car so we were on the wrong side of the road, other car going 60mph.

very violent experience, i had internal bleeding in 6 different places inc my bowels, abdomen, small intestine. The seatbelt tore my insides to pieces, it also broke 4 of my ribs and punctured my left lung so i felt like i was suffocating.

had to wait 1.5 hours for the ambulance and any painkillers and it was this period of time that definitely done the damage. I cant describe the pain i was in, curled up screaming/flailing it was brutal, kept losing consciousness too so thought i was dead every time.

i get flashbacks to this event, the muscles of my stomach tighten up and constrict in the areas that were hurt, i find it hard to breathe, it legit feels like its happening again and im dying again.

Also feel on edge all the time, a constant knot of anxiety in my chest, frighten easily, rarely eat, hard time getting to sleep and i always get nightmares with the sound of the crash and the feeling of cant breathe. These rather sudden changes to my life have left me rather depressed too
>>
>>736611458
No, there's also a lot of impregnation porn. Get it right, shitlicker.
>>
>>736614147

$10 says you're ugly or just plain weird-looking.
>>
>>736614071
Good. Keep an open mind. People can surprise you. People get hung up on the bad and don't see or care about the good in people.
>>
>>736613255
You're right, that's what /pol/ is for.

>discredited race science!
>Trump tweets published in newspaper are "fake news" because Trump says so

Stop trying to make ethnostates happen. They're not going to happen.
>>
>>736614294
Well it's done me good so far. I've met plenty of people that other people dismiss out of hand, that turned out to be really great people.
>>
>>736613973
You, on the other hand - you could get therapy for being such a sad, angry, brittle little man that you're reduced to trying to get your kicks insulting complete strangers on an imageboard. Yet, you persist - are you yourself mentally ill? Or worse, are you someone that relishes in being a waste of life?
>>
>>736613973
Misinformed edgy cunt.
>>
>>736613973
>implying successful people that have everything don't kill themselves
you are retarded or bait
>>
>>736614213
I can't even imagine how awful they must've been and must be to deal with all the time.. does it make getting around difficult? Fear of cars and whatnot? That sounds like an accident that I'd probably rather die it.. I hope that's not taken with offense. I just mean I imagine that's far worse than any physical pain I've ever felt.
>>
Reading this thread makes me happy I'm not under big pharmas boot taking a bunch of medication.

Suckers
>>
>>736614213
serge?
>>
>>736603673
Antisocial
Got some ssris
>>
>>736614630
>I boost my self esteem by looking down on other people.
>>
>>736614546

Hardly a waste of a life. I'm a qualified accountant, my partner is a highly-qualified veterinary surgeon, we take 4 holidays a year, we live in a brand new 4-bedroom house, have 2 amazing dogs. I'm currently learning French in anticipated of a move to France, and I'm looking to double my salary before the end of the year.

Get out there and achieve something, you weird looking person.
>>
>>736614484
Sorry I don't remember if you said or not. But are you in school for anything or what field do you work in. You seem like the kind of person who could probably do a lot of good in the mental health field.
>>
>>736614782

You're on 4chan, you should be looked down on.
>>
>>736614630
You probably shouldn't play with an edge that sharp. Where are your parents, little guy?
>>
>>736614788
Tell us about your penis. I know you're dying to share
>>
Let's keep things on track guys. Ignore the ignorant. I assure you that you have better character than them.
>>
>>736614018
This is correct. From experiece I was diagnosed with a mood disorder for not saying anything to anyone while I was in the hospital and just keeping everything inside. Couldnt explain how I was feeling to people and lost a sense of self.

For most other people the mood component refers to experiencing either manic or depressive tendencies.
>>
>>736614807
I'm about to start an education as a Forest and Nature Technician. I've considered a career on that path, but I think the education for it would be too taxing on my stress. Besides getting a job doing manual labor in a green environment would help my mental disposition greatly.
>>736614857
Fair point and right back at ya buddy.
>>
my gf is bipolar, oh the shitstorms she create sometimes.
>>
>>736603673
I feel that I'm constantly strangled or that something is stucked in my throat exept when ' I'm drunk but then this feeling amplifies when hangovered.

It lasts since 3 years now. Any /b/ros in the same case ? I won't take pills btw
>>
>>736613569

Schizophrenia is a complex and highly individual illness, marked by positive and negative symptoms, for a period of years, that can't be attributed to any other cause (drugs, disease, damage).

Psychotic depression is depression - the withdrawal, lack of joy in life, blunted affect - but also with a real element of delirium. Depression can be bad enough, but it's worse when you can't think clearly or are hallucinating, or have false beliefs.

"schizoaffective" is a term used to describe schziophrenic-like symptoms, but it's most used to describe people who haven't experienced those symptoms long enough to be given a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

To be clear, schizophrenia is the shittiest diagnosis anyone can get mentally. The mortality rate, the prognosis, the recovery itself... they want to be sure when they tell you if it's Schizophrenia because it is a LIFETIME. it becomes part of who you are.

Be proud, comrades. Tribes of the Moon represent.
>>
>>736614977

People with mental illness aren't generally nice to be around, so don't patronise people by saying they have nice personalities.
>>
>>736613789
Still looking for the app. I have found it to be a little tough finding people my own age ( college age) that have been affected so I could meet and talk with them. The people in my peer to peer classes have all been older adults but that's ok.
>>
>>736615007
Yeah I had a couple caseworkers who said being in a mental health field is extremely taxing on your own mental health.. but good for you finding a field you enjoy that helps your health.
>>
>>736615034
Sounds like anxiety mate, go talk to your doctor about a referral to a cognitive behavioral therapist.
They'll help you figure out what your brain is doing to you and give you tools to deal with it.
>>
>>736614291
Utterly subjective. The poster could be Venus de Milo's stand in and you could still pretend "she still aint shit". Try a bluster that makes you look less like a total moron, please.
>>
>>736614898
I had great parents, thanks!

>Hurrr your edgeeeee

You clearly do have a mental illness if you think saying this means anything. Thanks for the ego boost!
>>
File: tumblr_n68i6bIw201taiwauo1_400.gif (934KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n68i6bIw201taiwauo1_400.gif
934KB, 350x350px
>>736603673
Dysthymia here. TL;DR it's a depression that is pretty much constant. I have like...2 emotions. Sad and anger. Everything else is pretty muted. I also get horny. That's about it though.

Seems innocuous enough, but it's enough to ruin my life in the way that I can't really form new relationships and causes issues with my wife.

Have some tits for listening to my bullshit.
>>
>>736615092
I'm not trying to patronise. I'm simply saying that we are having nice discussions and people have no idea about mental health are coming in here yelling and name calling... That shows a lot about your character.
>>
>>736615138
Yeah, I grew up in the countryside, so nature has always had a calming effect on me.
Doing a job like this also means I get the mental resources to be of help to my friends who live with problems like these, so I can still see myself being of help even though I don't choose it as a profession.
>>
>>736615150
Thanks bro. Appreciate your advice
>>
>>736615155

Denial.

Just admit all your problems are caused by your unattractiveness.

Beauty is hardly subjective in the majority of cases. Some people are just ugly.
>>
>>736615118
Also college age. Yeah like I said most sites and apps I've tried is mostly older people. If they aren't just empty all together. I appreciate you trying to find that for me though.
>>
>>736615334
You're welcome, mindfulness meditation also helped me a great deal with my anxiety, so if you can find a class doing it near you, I can recommend that as well.
>>
>>736614788
Wait, wait... so.... you have succeeded this much? You've achieved this much in life, carved out this much for yourself?

...and you still need to make yourself feel better by being an edgelord faggot on /b/?

You're even sadder than anyone you have ever mocked. You're literally the retarded guy, inbred eyes wildly spinning, drool slavering as you point your mishapen fingers and drawl YERR FUNNY LOOKIN.

Also, LOL, spot the people convincing themselves they don't want children.
>>
>>736606827

Are you a productive member of society or a thief today?
>>
>>736615092
>People with mental illness aren't generally nice to be around,

Strange, they accept us just fine.

I wonder if it has anything to do with you being such a massive cunt?
>>
>>736615431
You sound pretty bitter and butthurt that even those who spit in your face are light years ahead of you and always will be. It's fun laughing at unmotivated and unsuccessful people
>>
File: 1494828284702.jpg (16KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1494828284702.jpg
16KB, 255x255px
>>736615385
>>
>>736603673
Type I Bipolar
After making a suicide plan I decided to get help. Currently on tegretol and I guess it's working, really hard to tell. One day I'll believe I have the power to show everyone how miraculous it is that we are here at all and how much beauty there is to see and share, and then another day I'll believe that my fate is to never accomplish my dreams and the only thing in my future is loss and dissapointment so that the rational thing to do would be to end it now to prevent the future where I'm on my death bed unfulfilled, empty, and alone.
>>
>>736615385
And yet, all those people you call ugly can get laid.

You are stuck on 4chan while they are getting laid.

How does it feel to be getting less pussy than an "ugly person" right now? Doesn't that make you less attractive than "ugly"?
>>
>>736615431

Is it that hard to believe some people don't want children? Bizarre.

You just need to work on not being the weird guy everyone avoids. Probably best you just hang with the other weird guys and leave everyone else the fuck alone.
>>
>>736615323
I envy that. Living in the city restricts my access to nature. Whenever I get out of town I usually go walking through the woods. The sounds of the animals and the trees and the smell of the air. The peace of it all is so amazingly therapeutic. I thought living in Maine would be all woods. Turns out there is quite a bit of city.
>>
>>736615510

Who accepts you?
>>
i havent been diagnosed with anything but i have tried to kill my friend on 1 occasion and think about hurting him all the time
>>
>>736615642

WTF are you even talking about?
>>
>>736615641
Bipolar and bpd are pretty similar. (People with bpd often get misdiagnosed with bipolar myself included) I know what you mean with the whole one day I feel great, next awful. Idk if it happens with you but I even notice some days I find myself to be "hot or attractive" and other days I think I might be the ugliest person in the world.
>>
>>736603673
I'm bipolar and suffer bouts of psychosis
>>
>>736615573
I like how you think me laughing at your bourgeois pretensions somehow boils down to "bitter and butthurt". I'm mirthful that you think waving your tiny middle class e-peen is going to somehow make us all jelly. I'm actually thankful - thankful, for example, that I'm not idolising about moving to a city full of obnoxious cunts, whose streets are thick with dog shit, bad drivers and the smell of piss.

You'll fit right in.

Also, I notice you said nothing about the fact you've clearly substituted children for dogs. Have fun when your wife goes looking for some fine Albanian Brown and spits out a child the colour of coffee! Biological clocks wait for no man, and women are most likely to conceive when they cheat. Tick tock, tick tock....
>>
>>736615691
Well I'm lucky enough to live near a park that has enough trees for it to pretend to be a forest, if you squint your eyes and tilt your head a bit. So I can get my nature fix even though I'm living in the second largest city of my country.
I'm really looking forward to starting in school again, it's going to be great to learn stuff again and work in a forrest.
>>
File: statue of liberty facepalm.jpg (9KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
statue of liberty facepalm.jpg
9KB, 221x228px
>>736615673
>Probably best you just hang with the other weird guys and leave everyone else the fuck alone.

Let's all take a moment to laugh at the Normie cunt that wandered into a mental health thread to shout this at a room full of people with professional diagnoses.
>>
>>736615909

You're replying to the wrong guy. And France isn't a city, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>736615673
>Is it that hard to believe some people don't want children? Bizarre.

Well some of us want a lasting legacy. You've obviously never thought about that, which is why you've become the most boring professional on the planet as well as the most replaceable. Accountants - calculators with halitosis and poor social skills as standard.
>>
>>736615966
Learning and nature. Two amazing tool for mental health. Yeah I need to get into college. I'm 21 and just haven't had the financials to support myself in school. I would love to start learning again.
>>
>>736616005

Facepalm for yourself, dummy.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>736615710
>Who accepts you?

The ones that matter.

That's the only answer that should matter.
>>
>>736616079

Your legacy will be that you had kids? Fucking amazing, bro. That's so special.
>>
>>736603673
Paranoid schizophrenic, unmedicated. The entire world is falling apart. All of it. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone.
>>
>>736614608
yeah it was pretty hard getting back into a car at first, got abit better with time. And nah haha i can understand that, definitely 10/10 on the pain chart nothing else has ever come above a 4. Its supposed to be a mortal wound for a human being though and had it been 50years ago i'd be dead. Kinda makes sense my brains a bit surprised its still alive
>>
>>736616180

That's a circular argument and therefore completely meaningless.
>>
>>736603673
Asperger's, no treatment. Never gave me any problem whatsoever, on the contrary I feel like its been helpful in my life.
>>
>>736616005
It's great to see us sticking together. I know there will always be ignorance and sometimes you just have to deal with it (especially on an image board where there is 0 possible repercussion.) But I'm glad people stand up for themselves
>>
>>736616095
I just turned 30 the other day, I spent the last five years dealing with the fallout of a mental breakdown. Getting the help I needed and working towards being ready for school has been really rewarding for me. I'm sure you'll be able to do the same.
>>
>>736616021
Look at that guy's post and tell me that latte sipping prick isn't planning on moving to outer Paris. Then fuck yourself for assuming your 3rd grade knowledge of geography should earn you praise.
>>
I suffer from gender dysphoria, I feel like an attack helicopter in a human male body, I'm hoping to have gender reassignment surgery soon which I'm hoping will help.
>>
>>736615840
yeah the attractiveness thing is weird. I was made fun of a lot as a kid and called skinny and stuff but as soon as I hit puberty and got my braces off people started treating me different, I think that's the basis for my flips with that. I just recently got the diagnosis so it's possible that it's not completely right. Tegretol is lowkey as hell I still get emotional about things but it's less 'all or nothing' I guess. If I get down on myself for one day now I can usually bounce back easier than before and I don't get quite as fatalistic.
>>
>>736616095
While college is great it is not the only way to learn. I have found that the library has wonderful book on a range of subjects " Classics, transcendentalists, Hobbies like art, chess, drawing," Just find something that is interesting and that speaks to you and you are on the right path.
>>
File: IMG_8737.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8737.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>736616097
>y.... you're a fag!

Shut the fuck up, you weak little baby fart. You know full well that shit is there for legal reasons. People can and do get arrested for crimes they were stupid enough to admit to here, do some fucking research.
>>
>>736616241
Yeah. Medical science is amazing. Apart from the PTSD is there other issues that come with that kind of trauma? Medical supplies? Wheelchair. Feeding bag. Anything like that?
>>
>>736615909

Wait. You're retort so someone insulting people with mental illness is to throw abuse at the entire population of city? Do you not see the irony, bud?
>>
>>736616326
I hope to see you on the news as the first successful male2appache surgery. Kind of an old meme though.
>>
>>736616324

At least I have 3rd grade knowledge of geography. Yet another thing I have over you, bud.
>>
>>736616189
No. Not "kids" you small minded buffoon. My legacy is that my genes will live on in the great unbroken chain of humanity that even today preserves fragments of Neanderthal DNA. You represent a genetic cul-de-sac. A dead end. Your legacy will be ashes in 50 years. In a century you will be nothing more than a name on a decaying headstone. I will live on in something greater than you show any ability to comprehend.

No great loss.
>>
>>736616450

I'm sorry society shuns you.
>>
>>736616253
No, you ignoramus, it's a vague answer.

A circular answer would be "the ones who do".

Don't try to pretend being smart. It really doesn't suit you.
>>
>>736616411
Yeah. Sadly the business world revolves around a very expensive piece of paper that "proves" your knowledge. So if I ever want to get into my field I need to go. I'd much rather learn on my own at my own pace.
>>
>>736616285
Anytime, my brother.
>>
>>736616652

You have genes just like anyone else. I don't know why you're trying so hard to convince yourself you're special. You're just boring and have no personality. Society knows that.
>>
>>736616348
Bpd? Also yeah sadly I don't think I'll find any actual study or documents about the sexuality thing.
>>
>>736616730

No, it's circular. Google it if you don't know.
>>
>>736616551
Not unless the entire city of Paris is mentally ill, which would be dramatic irony, or "prick" is a multi-layered word that also implies illness, which would be literary irony.

Of course, there still exists the possibility that you don't have a fucking clue how to use your own language.

Go away, grown ups are speaking.
>>
Depression. Could be manic due to recent events. I was on larger and larger doses of prozac but then I took acid and stopped taking them cause they don't do anything for me. I think depressions pretty much it aside from minor niche personality disorders maybe
>>
>>736616633
Hardly. I actually finished school. You just admitted you only got as far as 3rd grade.

Suck it.
>>
>>736616962

I'm sorry you're not blessed with good looks. Sucks to be ugly.
>>
>>736616696
I'm sorry you think the French won't shun you. They shun everyone else.

Everyone's sorry.
>>
>>736616997

This is embarrassing for you. Read my comment again.
>>
>>736615118
Any news?
>>
I have autism, depression, adhd, and anxiety. CBT in middle school pretty much cured the anxiety. The adhd caused me to underachieve and fall into a deep depression after I dropped out of the engineering program i busted my ass to get into.

Also lack of romantic relationships has been a big issue. At this point I have good hygiene and am attractive but I can barely talk to people nevermind women. Not that I am afraid of people, I am a car salesman.

But its more of a lack of interest in other people for anything other than sex.

I don't know, I want to go innawoods and try homesteading. That sounds calming.
>>
>>736616854
bpd as in borderline personality disorder? I'm diagnosed type 1 bipolar actually
>>
>>736616805
>You have genes just like anyone else. I don't know why you're trying so hard to convince yourself you're special.

Again, you betray your ignorance and lack of understanding. Were you dropped on your head at birth?

My genes will contribute to the pool. You vasectomy loving fucks will not. The entire reason for your existence is self-perpetuating DNA as part of a larger species. It is why you were (I presume) born with genitals. You are supposed to contribute to your species, but no, you've fallen in love with your own ego.

I have no delusions. I am a face in the crowd. A link in a chain, no different from my father or his father before him. You are the one who clings to the hubris that you are somehow unique, that you have "something to offer the world". Bullshit, you're shitposting on 4chan. Where are the cancer cures? The immortal artwork? The flawless social cures? Even Hitler wrote a book, you layabout. You fail to live up to your own bullshit expectations.
>>
>>736617364
Yeah we were talking about that before. The woods can be extremely helpful and therapeutic. I love the woods yet at the same time I feel like I'm going to be attacked by some sort of animal.
>>
>>736603673
Autism here.
I want to kill myself every single day
>>
>>736616744
what's your field??
>>
>>736617123
You didn't say you'd gone any higher, though didya?

Now GTFO.
>>
>>736617464
Ohhh. What do you find helpful or what would you like to have available to help you.
>>
>>736617080
I read that last sentence as something you said wistfully to yourself as you looked out the window.....

FOREVER ALOOOOOOONE
>>
>>736617268
the Nami app was discontinued earlier this year. I am sure there are other chat rooms that could be used. I just dont know of them right now. : /
>>
>>736617477

Don't get ahead of yourself. You're still a virgin.
>>
>>736617549
Computer Science. Have loved it since I was young. Have done a lot of learning on my own but would really love the benefit of a structured plan. Plus they provide resources I can't really find on my own.
>>
>>736617554

Cringing for you.
>>
>>736617487
Ha, its absolutely possible but you can take steps to prevent it. Firstly I would research local fauna and see what if any predators are in the area can harm humans. Most of the time you you have nothing to be worried about as animals are generally afraid of humans.

I would also more than likely be armed if I were to attempt to live away from civilization.
>>
>>736617602

Stop projecting.
>>
Been to the doctor a week ago, he suspects early bi-polar disorder and posisble schizophrenia. seeing a specialist next month, what can i expect?
>>
>>736617624
No problem. Thank you for the help. I'm going to try and see if there's any app that took the place of it. Hopefully someone took it in their hands.
>>
>>736603673
Used to have depression, not anymore tho, still on 20mg of paroxetin erryday
>>
Pretty sure I might have bpd, although haven't seen a doc about it.
Spent my teen years dealing with severe social anxiety and panic attacks particularly when conversing with groups of unfamiliar people or girls. Luckily I'm not ugly af and have always had good friends and girls have always been interested in me. In more recent times I've been able to fight the terrible feeling I often get in the lead up to a social event causing me to want to stay home alone much more easily. Probably partly due to substance abuse of alcohol, weed, mdma and acid over the years. But using the drugs to cope and mixing with different social groups and finally dating girls starting when I was 17 has put me in a much better place. I've dealt with pretty bad trust issues and still am. I've had a habit of checking girlfriends messages even though there's no good reason to suspect cheating. Finally acknowledging that it's unhealthy I've completely stopped. Now I just have to get better at dealing with my often intense emotional response to things. I often stay pretty quiet as I'm constantly in a battle within my own mind trying to deal with irrational emotion. But yeah things are looking up and I'm proud to say I've done it myself and with the help of close friends. Fuck those meds.
>>
>>736617711
Here in Maine I think my only real worries are bears or moose... Probably unlikely but you know... I carry a good knife with me at all times to help with anxiety. It's pretty good. I'm definitely going to look into what actual things I should be worried about around here.. I assume it's probably not much.. there's nothing poisonous or venomous or anything around here.
>>
>>736603673
>>736617792
Also, I think I might be schizoid, not sure, pretty awkward and emotionally insensitive, nothing debilitating tho
>>
>>736617887
Which reminds me I got tested for autism not long ago, not the case
>>
>>736603673
I've been diagnosed with PTSD and depression. PTSD from childhood. And depression because my life is shit because of the PTSD at the moment.
>>
>>736617562
I'm my own best help I guess, as long as I integrate good habits into my routine and continue to work on interesting things and keep my mind busy and engaged it works out for the most part. I have a pretty boring job currently (comfy but boring, not stimulating at all - fixing computers and phone screens) so I have to keep up my side projects and basically work on something everyday or else I feel like I'm wasting my time, which I've felt I've done a lot of already. If everything went according to my plan I'd be halfway through a phd by now, but life is messy so it's gonna be another 5-6 years for that.
Also keeping in touch with people, that's pretty important for me too. I can very easily isolate myself to where I don't do anything outside of walk to work and go back home and not talk to anyone for months. I've done it multiple times and still am kind of doing that, so I try to call up some family or friends at least once a week now.
>>
>>736617879
moose are agressive !?
>>
>>736617967
Never get between a mother moose and her calf.
Pisses them right off.
>>
>>736617741
Probably them pushing anti psychotics onto you and maybe some mood stabilizer. If you don't like how something makes you feel. Tell them you don't want it. It's their job to find what works and fits for you. Those anti psychotics can make you sleep like crazy. And the mood stabilizers I've been on tend to have some nasty side effects. Lithium being the one that pops into mind. Though they don't prescribe that very often anymore. I don't suggest it. It's very strong
>>
>>736617672
Look at MIT lectures. They have recorded lessons from the professors in a verity of subjects( math and computer science)
>>
>>736617950
also I've been on tegretol for about 3 months and it's lowkey as hell. After hearing nothing but horror stories about meds I was reluctant, but I was breaking down and crying in public 2-3 times a week and had a suicide plan so I was willing to try anything. It's been weird because I can't really tell if it's even doing anything (which I guess is what the right meds are like?) but for the past few months I've only had 2 days that I've felt that crushing feeling of deterministic failure looming over me and feeling like a weak failure of a person. So I guess it's working, it might just be because it's summer though and I'm getting out a little more who knows haha
>>
>>736617967
Extremely. I think the fear of them comes from one chasing my friend and I once. They don't keep chasing very long but damn are they big and scary.. hell sometimes I see them walking down busy streets. There's signs on the roads that say moose crossing on highways and in towns too. It's pretty funny to see
>>
>>736618181
The mistake I've made a few times is going "this med isn't doing anything" and just stopping it. Not until you stop a med do you realize how much it was helping you
>>
>>736618148
I'll definitely check it out. Any way I can learn more is better.
>>
Severe Anxiety Disorder and Drug Induced Psychosis. Was diagnosed with both at 16, all i ever did up until that point was smoke street weed. Now taking another go at cannabis since it helped with my anxiety so much. Trying pure CBD, any other anons try this?
>>
>>736618520
I wish weed worked for my anxiety. Sadly it makes it ten times worse. Luckily I have heard a lot of good things about cbd oils. I hope that works for you
>>
>>736617879
Nice, I'm in NH so I am pretty familiar with the area, I am also an eagle scout so I have done a lot of camping. You only really have to worry about black bears, coyotes, and, foxes. Luckily all of those species are timid around humans and will leave you alone if you secure your food supply. Maybe some bear spray too, but I have been camping for 15 years and have yet to see a black bear.
>>
I considered going to a shrink several times and always chickend out.
Now I'm pondering writing down what I have and make it a game of bingo. So i have a motivation to go there.
>>
File: teacher.png (177KB, 465x607px) Image search: [Google]
teacher.png
177KB, 465x607px
have major depressive disorder MDD
always nervous throughout the day
and have bad depressive and panic episodes most days.
i've taken benzos for anxiety before like klonopin and xanax. and lorazepam and valium
also took stuff like lexapro,zoloft,cymbalta,etc. for depression.i started medicating when i was about 9 yo for adhd. everything was fine
started getting sad at 12/13 stopped adderall for adhd and got depressed and then my dr. gave me lexapro. then eventually when iwas 14 i started then benzos. that got me by till i was 17.
then nothing worked. i took a 6 months break from all meds. started again, nothing helped. not even 10mg xanx didnt do shit like im totally resistant to benzos. (still am)
flash forward to me, 20 yo. generally down all day. easily paniced .
think about life after death all the time, i've been atheist for 7 years.have severe back pain. rod in femur and take pain killers for nerve damage.
only thing that makes me slightly comfortable.
used to like to smoke weed, but now it sometimes like 1/6 times will make me panic a little
im currently getting hired for a job tomorrow at 10am though. hopefully it'll help me mentally. idk what i should do anymore
>>
>>736618717
I suggest just trying it. Hey it can't do anything bad can it? Just remember yes there are good therapists. But there are also awful ones. It took me quite a few to find the one I now have had for almost 10 years.
>>
>>736618322
yeah I've only stopped once and it was because I was on a trip and forgot it, and it was really weird.
I was hanging with a friend at a park and I got a weird kind of social anxiety and all I wanted to talk about was shit like epistemology and philosophy and theories about the ultimate fate of the universe and how strange it is that life and conciousness exists at all and what our role is in the chain of life with relation to AI and shit. Then a couple guys left the group and one was smoking a cigarette and something about the image of him walking off and some music playing off in the distance made me tear up it looked so beautiful. Then I was walking with my friend on a sidewalk and I was weirded out about the cars passing by - they were so close and each one of them had people with lives in them and everything was so fragile it would just take one rolled ankle or slip up to shift over 3 feet to the left and be horribly mutiliated or killed. The sunlight and the city was so beautiful but suffering was right on my shoulder readily available by chance or choice. It scared me so much I felt like maybe it'd be better to just destroy awareness through dying, but everything was so beautiful too, it was a strange mixed state of everything being so beautiful and horrifying that I couldn't decide if I should laugh and cry tears of joy or scream and crush my skull under the tire of a truck
So I got back on my meds and now I'm back to manageable hypomania and dysthemia haha
>>
>>736618613
Always calmed me down tons, but my mother gets bad panic attacks from it so I get what you're saying. But it always brought out schizophrenic symptoms out of me.
>>
>>736618627
Yeah I might just buy a thing of mace or something I can keep with me. For peace of mind I suppose lol. Also. God damn do I love going to North Conway and hiking.
>>
>>7366061
yes
>>
>>736618850
Definitely bipolar lol. Yeah anyone I know who thinks "this shit isn't working" I always tell them not to just stop and talk to their doctor first before they stop a medication... It almost always ends bad.
>>
>>736618831
Well right now I think I'm managing to turn it around without one.
I sort of distributed my psychiatric needs between my friends and strangers.
>>
>>736619134
yeah it was an interesting experience, I try to encourage people to try meds too if they are struggling. It's a treatment plan for you and you are in charge, if you don't like it then communicate with your psychiatrist that you want to stop the medication they aren't going to force you to just keep taking something that is making you feel horrible
>>
Op here guys. I gotta drive to my psychiatrist appointment. (Go figure) I'll be back. Try to keep this alive!
>>
>>736603673
Bipolar and aspergers
>>
>>736603673
I've been diagnosed with manic depressive (bipolar) disorder, ADHD, major depressive disorder, chronic anxiety, and OCD.

But fuck you I have a job, wife, and a 4.0GPA in my mechanical engineering degree plan
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491984605802.jpg (8KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491984605802.jpg
8KB, 480x270px
>>736619585
As for meds I take Lexapro, Abilify, Remaron, Adderall, something else I can't remember the name of, and I steal hydrocodone because I'm addicted.
>>
>>736603673
I have "psychotic disorder not otherwise specified", currently on zyprexa 10mg and I have lorazepam and oxazepam to calm me down when I have angry outbursts.
>>
File: 1497960817190.jpg (35KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
1497960817190.jpg
35KB, 542x616px
>>736619585
>OCD
>4.0 GPA mech engineering
Strengths and weaknesses are paired together haha
I like hearing about others who's brains are falling apart yet they still keep a life together, good for you anon I'm proud. Keep going I believe at you
>>
>>736603673
Depression, Impulsiveness, Manic phases, wanting to kill people 4 no reason, liking animals being tortured.

Basically I'm a depressed psychopath.

Captcha with bridges lol
>>
File: 14089464947542.jpg (311KB, 663x1348px) Image search: [Google]
14089464947542.jpg
311KB, 663x1348px
>>736603673
http://piccash.net/49508/765877/
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.