>>734413340 Poor people don't shop at Walmart. Poor people get foodstamps and buy the name brand. Aldi has the best cinnamon rolls, chocolate cake, and cheap dairy. I spend $75 and get a cart full of groceries.
>>734412748 No kroger's here in Northern Virginia, but did recently get some Aldi's including one like 2 miles away. >>734415603 is right, you can't beat Aldi prices, although I have found a couple of duds in their brands. But if you don't like you can return, so there's that.
So now I go to Harris Teeter, Walmart, Wegmans, and now Aldi too. Fuck Safeway and Giant.
>>734412748 Fuck Kroger , Their management treated me like shit after I had my bike stolen w,while i was on the clock and I had my empty backpack stolen. So I took me some beers over my time working there as well as food items. This was at Fry's.
>>734414648 Meyers and Fred Meyers are two companies by the same family. Meyers family was abusing their employees. So they unionized. In response, Meyers started a second company, called Fred Meyers. All subsequent expansion was under the second company name and remains non-unionized.
>>734415603 Not true. Poor people trade in their food stamps for cash and buy drugs, not groceries. Most of them spend their month stoned out of their gourd while the kids dumpster dive or pimp themselves out to eat.
>>734416614 The ones I didn't like so far are their brand of beef hot dogs (too squishy), but they do sell some Nathan's for cheaper than anyone else and those are good. Their version of Bush's baked beans. Once they were good and once they were just.....not good. Their turkey bacon is so-so, but not bad.
That said their brownie mix is better than Betty Crocker and their chips are all good and super cheap, lunch meats have all been comparable to the name brands, eggs and cheese good and cheap, nuts good, crackers good, produce good but sometimes you have to buy in bulk and not always that much cheaper than other stores.
OTR truck driver here. I haul refrigerated and dry goods. I can tell you a few things.
1. never buy apples in season. They're harvesting the apples, but they're emptying out the warehouses of last years crops. What you're getting is year old apples till the beginning of December.
2, I pick up name bran, no name brand, and store brand soups at the same plant. It's very rare for any store brand to have its own production plant.
3. Some food plants are like refineries. They have a list of additives each chain can choose from so nothing has to look or taste exactly like what everyone else is selling.
4. meat products ALL come from the same plants with only one exception - Kosher meat. But don't expect kosher meat to be 100% kosher. They don't throw shit out just because they screwed it up. A beef carcass hits the floor, they just hang it back up, wash the shit off with a garden hose and keep moving.
5. most shit you see on the shelves sat in a warehouse forever. Only some of those warehouses are climate controlled. So your canned veggies might have been all but boiled for a few weeks. Everybody treats your food like their own sausages. The chains don't want you to know about how they abuse the food. The production plants don't want the chains to know how they abuse the food. The farmers don't want the production plants to know... you get the idea.
6. There's a lot more disgusting shit in your food than you want to know. Things like maggot meat, fly eggs, roach parts, rat feces, shit like that. It's impossible to eliminate that shit entirely unless you produce all your own food from field to table.
>>734417974 >>734417880 I see them all the time trying to trade food stamps for money, booze, or cigarettes. black or white, they're all trash, drunk or high on shit, overweight, lazy slobs with kids running out of control. I've seen plenty enough.
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5 If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.