[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you wanted to ruin someone's life by planting highly

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

File: r4wl6erbi9fy.jpg (607KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
r4wl6erbi9fy.jpg
607KB, 684x1000px
Say you wanted to ruin someone's life by planting highly illegal content in their computer. How feasible and effective would this be? Assume the possibility of physical access to the device.
>>
>>734270215
So you want to put CP on someone's computer huh kid?

You've come to the right place, I am the hacker known as 4chan
>>
>>734270332
I'm more interested in the legal aspect. How likely is it they actually get searched and prosecuted?
>>
>>734270332
lol
/thread
>>
>>734270470
if you're just planting content, and the forensics guys dont see any evidence of it being obtained? if it seems to just be a single dump of stuff rather than over an extended time? yeah, they'll consider his claim of 'thats not mine somebody must have planted it'

and then they go and check who might have had physical access to the machine to do that, and they go and confiscate their computers, and you get fucked over because you didn't santize the computer you used to get the data properly.
>>
>>734270871
I'm not too worried about my own opsec, it's more how to accomplish making it look legit. If it was planted over a period of time and if there was some other evidence like say a thumb drive of incriminating files with their fingerprint, would that make a strong case against them?
>>
>>734270871
And let's assume that despite access being possible, it would by no means be presumed by an outside party
>>
>>734271238
they look at the files, and they look at how they got there. if you can make it look like once a day he breaks open some torbrowser and goes and saves a bunch of shit? yeah, thats believable.

if you're just booting to a linux livecd and copying a few files over each day, or have him RATed and copy shit over steadily? that'll throw up a whole bunch of flags and likely get him out of it.

you'll fuck up the guys reputation either way, but most police depts have some good forensics guys. they know what the normal pattern looks like and deviating from that will get their attention.
>>
>>734271688
So lets say that one way or another, a tor browser installation got installed somewhere, perhaps along with an encryption program, and some files were downloaded by that computer through it over a period of time. Is that the sort of thing that would seem legit?
>>
>>734272085
sounds fairly good.
make sure the app is actually launched occasionally, and make you don't fuck up any timestamps (why is the modified date on this illegal material from before the tor browser was first installed?) and you'll probably do ok. make it over a fairly extended period.

There's always ways they could figure it out but by that point it's looking pretty legit.
>>
>>734272723
And is drawing attention to it as simple as an anonymous tip? I would assume they'd need something more
>>
>>734272928
anonymous tip wont mean they smash his door down but might mean they look a bit closer.

make it look like he accidentally exposed himself rather than you exposing him. if you can get somebody else to do the tip-off after the stumble across it, thats ideal. if he accidentally leaves a hidden folder on a thumbdrive that somebody uses, or somebody uses his phone and notices some worrying shit, something like that.

If you can rig it so that it happens at work, even better. company is obligated to report it to police, they go and confiscate his home computer, they find all the evidence.
>>
>>734273317
My initial thought was trying to force it to be taken in to repair and bribe a worker to look a certain place but that sounds unreliable at best. Just spitballing, but what if material was put on their phone and it was seen to that some was sent to another party "by accident"?
>>
>>734273630
>trying to force it to be taken in to repair
that works, I've seen people get busted that way before. Have to be able to rely on the repair guys to actually find it though, the kind who goes browsing for files is also the kind who might 'overlook' them because he doesn't want anyone to know he browses.

>bribe a worker to look a certain place but that sounds unreliable at best
yeah pretty unreliable, and the worker would probably become part of the investigation as a result. not many people willing to do that.

>was put on their phone and it was seen to that some was sent to another party "by accident"?
plausible. if you can legitimately make it look like he sent it, sure. if it's something weird like just sending a picture to his boss? nah
>>
>>734274275
Would putting it in an obvious place at the last minute at the risk of covertness in order to make it more likely to be discovered throw up too many red flags? Assuming the rest of the forensics appeared legit, of course.
>>
>>734274810
makes it look more suspect but there's a trade off there. it's possible he just copied some on recently after all.

much easier if it's an android phone that accepts SD card. you can write files to the SD card and modify the file timestamps with some apps to backdate them.
>>
>>734274275
Or, what if an anonymous tip claiming to be a tech repairman working on it said they discovered something on the computer? Story wouldn't get backed up but could be written off as someone uncomfortable with getting publicly involved for obvious reasons
>>
>>734275106
anonymous tips are an alright fall back, but if you're doing that you might as well just say its on his computer. The police follow up on anonymous tips, but its way more valuable to have somebody who'll stand behind their story.

Basically, an anonymous tip they consider 'is this planted' as a more serious option. But if everything else checks out, he'll still get fucked over.
>>
>>734275023
That would require time alone with the device that would likely raise a red flag for the mark, wouldn't it? And a later part of their alibi
>>
>>734275354
yes, but planting stuff on a phone usually requires time alone with it either way. I assumed in this scenario you had physical access to the devices of some kind.
>>
>>734275717
In a limited capacity, computer is much simpler than phone. The only practical way I envision being able to use the phone is in a remote access scenario
>>
>>734276087
remote access is pretty hard to hide all the evidence of what you've done, makes it more likely he can get off. If you can't access the phone, you cant access the phone. take it out of the equation.

if you cant find a way for somebody to 'accidentally' stumble across it (does anybody else use that computer? or network?), an anonymous tip is better than nothing. if you've set it up so it looks legitimate enough it'll still fuck him over.
>>
>>734270215
Just don't be a punk bitch and kick his ass every time you see him.
>>
>>734276493
Hmm it sounds like an anonymous tip may unfortunately be the most reliable method considering the circumstances. It would be a gamble as although the device is shared, I'm not sure of the likelihood of it being discovered by someone other than the primary user.
>>
>>734276675
That wouldn't end their life like I want to.
>>
>>734276087
Add Tor Browser, VPN, and questionable photos of teens that look underage. Then have more questionable shit. Then everything else every suggested
>>
>>734276864
> the device is shared, I'm not sure of the likelihood of it being discovered by someone other than the primary user.
thats fine. keep shit on the down low while you build up the 'evidence' over a few months, then he gets sloppy. saves a few files to a shared library rather than his hidden folders. everybody makes mistakes right?
>>
>>734277484
Ah, like maybe accidently uploads it to a Google Drive, Dropbox, whatever is already shared and in use?
>>
>>734277779
yep, perfect. everybody slips up sometimes, as long as there is sufficient shit existing as evidence, people wont look into it that hard.

the thing to be careful about there is that all those services record the upload times. If he can say 'but I was at the office then' or 'I was out of town' at the time the files went up and back that up, you might have problems.
>>
>>734278679
How critical is that timing? Or, would there be means of leaving it behind to upload at a later time that wouldn't raise too much suspicion?
>>
>>734278679
Since we're talking about a cloud, would it look plausible if something was uploaded from an ip close to the device's actual ip?
>>
>>734278936
the timing is critical because it provides him with a defence. if his lawyer can say 'the act of uploading evidence occurred at a time when camera footage clearly indicates he was 20 miles away eating a burger', that provides doubt.
There are ways to put a file in and have it uploaded later (knock the computer offline, add to folder, next time computer boots up file is uploaded) but I'm not sure what the app records for that, its possible it'll leave a trail.

>>734279217
you want everything to come from their IP, not a close one.
>>
Get out of here, David King.
>>
>>734279967
Well it sounds like having it automatically be uploaded is the most reliable way. It seems like that would be pretty straightforward.
>>
>>734270215
curious, why would you want to mess someone's life up like that though? they must have done something pretty horrible for you to want to do this. What is the reasoning behind wanting to do this?
>>
>>734280456
They've completely upended my life. This is going to make things right.
>>
>>734280338
>having it automatically be uploaded is the most reliable way. It seems like that would be pretty straightforward.
yeah but you never know what the apps record. the dropbox/google drive client will push the file up automatically and you can control that, but it probably also records when the file was originally dropped in the folder.

also just to clarify about the 'similar ip'. if it's on the same public ip but just a different device on the lan, you can probably get away with that not being noticed. You can chuck a little device in there you control, do the uploading, and then grab it before anybody comes to arrest him. make sure router logs are wiped.
>>
>>734281331
Ah, I hadn't thought about that. Clever. Some kind of raspberry pi device? I have to admit that's outside my experience at the moment but this is a long term plan anyway
>>
>>734280788
Ok fair enough, if you can justify it. Just make sure you properly assess your motives. - they'd have to have done something REALLY abhorent for you to justify doing such.

I had a falling out with someone which resulted in false accusations, loss of my job, defamation, loss of income, made my life a living hell for months on end, almost ended up homeless at one point. all because I called them out publicly on something shit they did - and they didnt like being called out and hearing the truth.

Although I hated and may have wanted to wreck this persons life, i realised it wouldn't have made things right, it would just make me as bad, if not worse than them. Don't be a shit person, and ruin someone elses life, just because they are a shit person.

Distance yourself from them, move on and walk away.
>>
if u wanna get him in trouble u need to put up torrents of this illegal content, put up zips, put up shit to distribute it from his computer.
>>
>>734281778
yeah something like that, anything that gives you a beach head. your main issue will, again, be dropbox/etc reporting that a different device had done the uploading that the forensics guys don't have, and router logs reporting a device on the network they never find.

router can be dealt with, but the dropbox logs are trickier. I'd go with a lower-tech option - if the 'device' uploads some dodgy shit to a website (chans/forums/whatever), they probably only record IP and browser. IP is legit, browser ID can be faked to match his desktop.
>>
>>734281977
Well they're responsible for me nearly killing myself. Like, I survived by accident. So fuck it, this is what happens.
>>
why the hell are you doing this
What did the guy do to you
>>
>>734270215
>Assume the possibility of physical access

Jesus, anybody could get away with this.
Gloves with a USB, if cameras around wear mask or hat. After done transferring files, erase all USB logs, Power-up logs. Smash USB with mallet, throw tiny pieces in river.
BOOM.
There you go.
If you need help with passing through any accounts, just create a live USB with a persistent file that has the incriminating evidence, plug into device, go to BIOS or UEFI settings and configure boot options and cert. options, as well as permissions to allow booting from LiveUSB. Boot from live USB and use gparted to view partitions from HDD, move data from USB to HDD
>>
>>734281977
storytime ?
>>
>>734282208
Hmm so just like that, upload something to a Chan for example from his ip?
>>
>>734282295
>they
>responsible for me
>killing myself

You trying to kill yourself is your responsibiliity, 100 percent. Not to say they're a dick but what did they do ?
>>
>>734282085
Definitely seems like it would get attention but that seems too obviously stupid, no offense
>>
>>734282863
He stole my girl.
>>
>>734282697
that's what I'd do, yeah. simpler, and you can create a similar pattern of visits leading up to that day using the same method, making sure its when he's at home.
>>
>>734283073
Hmm yeah that sounds like a pretty solid plan actually
>>
>>734282634
All you have to do is make sure that everything on YOUR part is GONE. EVERYTHING. The USB, the device used for obtaining incriminating data, the clothes worn during said downloading of incriminating data, and you do not want whoever you are getting revenge on knowing that you had access to their device. EVER.
Even if they found that the data came from a dump, doesn't mean the guy couldn't have picked up the data from a different device, put data on USB, and then moved data to said device.
>>
>>734283056
get over your jealousy and move on with your life
>>
>>734283568
Yeah everything I'm using for this I'm considering completely disposable.
>>
>>734283957
It's more than jealousy, it's about what's right.
>>
>>734284054
I no longer condone your motives, but I have already said what I said so...
If your going to go with the physical access way, just make sure any activity of the actual data transfer is gone.
But I urge you to drop this quest, and seek another young anon.
Girls come and go, they are not the prize.
Seek for more in life my friend.
Gl anon.
>>
>>734284338
It's a lot more complicated than that, I just don't want to potentially self incriminate too much. But I respect that.
>>
>>734282678
ok
>>734282295
very simmilar here - but don't blame your own coping problems and wreck someone elses life un-neccesarily because of petty shit.

Story Time: Was living with a female co-worker, i was manager of the department, she was my assistant. We weren't dating, nor was I interested in her in any way outside mutual and professional friendship. Decided to move house to move closer to work. Assistant started acting extremely unprofessionally at work, and abusing her privileges around the office. Also did some pretty shit stuff during the move, like refusing to split the bill for bond cleaning, not showing up for furniture collection when I was at work, because she was still out partying from the night before. had to re-book (and re-pay) the move. I kind of let it slide, but all this had infuriated me.

After the move, and after increasing unprofessionalism around the office (not completing her tasks, inproperly completing her tasks, lots of attention to detail issues, trying to call the shots and go over my head, even though i was the department manager), i cracked, had a go at her and called her out on her shit.

Instead of being mature about it and admitting she was being unprofessional at work and had done some pretty shit stuff during our move, she got angry that I called her out publicly and decided to seek vengeance.

She falsely accused me of harassment and abuse, she made my life a living nightmare at home, she spread rumors and misinformation about me at work and to my friends, and eventually I was asked to leave.

I couldnt cope with the home situation either, it was a toxic environment full of tension and resentment. I was deeply depressed thought about suicide a few times, I even attempted once. Im glad it failed.

I was running into financial issues after losing the work, had trouble finding work and I almost ended up homeless. I finally found a place to stay. Am only now just getting work again.
>>
>>734282295
This
>>734282863
How fucking immature are you - this is the reason? >>734283056

Mate - my FIRST girlfriend at 17, cheated on me with 2 of my 'best' friends, broke up with me for one of them and then killed him in a car accident. I didn't try to kill myself or do shit to the chick or my 'mates' just moved the fuck on.

Fucking grow up and get on with your life... for fucks sake - these crybaby edgy kids do my fucking head in
>>
>>734285044
I certainly empathize with you. But this is more than just petty for me, it's the worst betrayal I've ever felt.
>>
>>734285308
Dude, I could trump that story a thousand ways.
>>
>>734285561
its not a fucking competition - if the basic gist of your justification to potentially permanently fuck someone else's life over is 'He stole my girl' - you need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>734285967
It's a gross oversimplification. I just don't want to say specifics for potentiality identifying reasons
>>
>>734286136
regardless, if your actions are justified based around a girl, a friendship, a relationship, whatever social circumstances, your a fucking immature, insecure piece of shit for wanting to ruin someones life over it.
>>
>>734286950
What about emotional abuse? And getting fucking revenge for it
>>
>>734287134
nope sorry, ends dont justify the means mate.
>im gonna wreck someones entire life cuz 'muh feelings'
Ive suffered a lot of 'emotional abuse' in my life, beleive me...
>physically and emotionally abusive mother
>in several emotionally abusive relationships
>bullied and beaten all the way through high-school
>several 'friends' used and abused me throughout early 20's

the best thing you can do is disassociate and distance yourself from the person/people causing it.

Poking the hornets nest will only make it worse, and could come back to wreck you.

Grow up - stop talking or associating to whoever is involved - build a bridge, get over it - and move the fuck on with your life free of toxic people.
>>
>>734288044
I know you're right. I can't argue that.
>>
>>734276998
out of curiosity, what exactly did he do to you?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.