[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot quit. I can't tell my family and treatment isn't

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0746.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0746.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I cannot quit. I can't tell my family and treatment isn't an option because fucking blue cross blue shield won't cover shit. Weening down sounds like it could be a good option... my arms look like someone went to town with a nail gun on them. I feel like shit and the high (while still awesome) is of course not what it once was. What the fuck do I do /b/??
>inb4 anhero
I'm an addict but I still value my life.
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>734257205
just stop ?

Are you fucking retarded ?

You're like the kind of people who say stopping smoking is impossible

It's really easy if you're not a complete fucking nigger faggot

If your too weak to stop just end yourself
>>
You are scum, kill yourself
>t.addictions counsellor
>>
File: 1495809147276.png (238KB, 322x546px) Image search: [Google]
1495809147276.png
238KB, 322x546px
Jesus will save
>>
how did that even fucking happen? Like I really dont understand how you thought using a needle to inject illegal drugs into your system was a good idea. Is it not common sense to not even try this shit?
>>
>>734257205
I used methadone to ween off over a one month period. I've now been clean for 13 years. You can do it, OP.
>>
>>734257205
>treatment isn't an option because fucking blue cross blue shield won't cover shit.

Find a methadone clinic that takes cash or state assistance. Just google around and you'll end up finding one. Call them if you aren't sure if they accept it or not.

You can apply for state-supplied (or charity-supplied) funding and if you are denied they will give you a hugely discounted rate. My friend is working through an Oxy addiction and pays $75 a month out of pocket for his methadone because his shitbag insurance company won't pay for it either. He didn't qualify for state or charity assistance, but it still only ended up being $75.

They'll probably make you go to at least one group therapy session and have a one on one with a counselor. They'll also make you do a piss test to make sure you aren't using anything else. (The one near me doesn't care about weed, just hard drugs.)
>>
>>734257276
>>734257431
Still beta males that say kill yourself on an anonymous imageboard?
Jesus Fucking Christ
>being this new
>>
>>734257205
Just admit that you don't want to stop, and every time you get sober you realize how much you hate yourself, but you don't feel that when high.

Figure out why you hate yourself and go volunteer somewhere
>>
>>734257205
pic of arm and timestamp or it didn't happen.
>>
>>734257205

Move to somewhere else. You'll feel like shit for a bit, but since you don't know any dealers you have a huge barrier to relapse.
>>
>>734257425
Yeah, right. Dick head
>>
>>734257205
BC/BS covered my substance abuse therapy in full
>>
File: Thor_I_like_it.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
Thor_I_like_it.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>>734257715
This
>>
>>734257835
You cannot find one argument against me so you call me a dick head.

Man you really showed me didn't you ?
>>
>>734257672
kys yourself
>>
>>734258015
At least you tried
>>
methadone ..seriosuly
>>
>>734257720
Doesn't work. He'd find a fix within a day. Plus he'd lose any support network he may have.
>>
get addicted to working out or DOTA 2 instead. you have to replace that shit, you will have to be ok with boredom. just dont go an hero because that means we can't hear about how pathetic you are as an addict, prove us wrong you can't do it you dumbass. you are too weak right now but every decision you make in the right direction will make you stronger, take some subutex or suboxone and relax bro. smoke weed
>>
>>734257205
tell someone who cares about you...you won't do this on your own.
>>
>>734258094
>Doesn't work.

Worked for me.

>Plus he'd lose any support network he may have.

I was lucky enough to have a support network to move to.
>>
>>734257205
you could always take a whooooole bunch all at once
you'll never have to worry about it again
>>
Smoke weed..
>>
>>734257996
I can find plenty, I just don't argue with the ignorant over the internet. Especially on /b/
>>
>>734257205
Find a narcotics anonymous meeting, anon. It saved my stepfather's life; it can save yours. They're 100% free too.
>>
>>734258344
Nice!

Glad it worked out anon
>>
I quit a 5 year daily habit with a 6 month suboxone taper. It can be done. You just gotta want it. The pain and misery of that terrible habit has to override your want for the high.

And if you been banging dope for awhile, you don't realize just how awful you really feel 24/7. Get clean for 6 months and you will shocked, totally shocked, at how awful you actually used to feel, even when high.

Dope only feels good that first shot or after a long break. After that you just end up feeling worse every single day. Your normal hormones and brain chemistry are completely destroyed right now and you don't even realize it because you haven't been clean in so long.
>>
>>734258392
>you could always take a whooooole bunch all at once

I tried this (not OP). I had enough heroin, I just couldn't get enough into the needle and I'd pass out before I could do another.
>>
>>734258643
dang
have you tried shrooms?
>>
>>734258465
Avoiding giving an argument again.

Worst thing is you probably think you won this.
>>
File: 1493025803632.jpg (351KB, 1122x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493025803632.jpg
351KB, 1122x900px
>>734257672
Cys. Cobain your self.
>>
>>734258706
At least you tried
>>
>>734257205
Detox at the hospital or get advice from literally anywhere besides /b/ for fucks sake are you retarded
If you're American you're gonna get fucked with a hospital bill so enjoy that too
>>
File: 1495579472022.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495579472022.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
Get counselling
Volunteer 1-3 hours a week doing anything for the public (you will break the stigma of your drug addiction and also be exposed to new new healthy people)
become 100% honest with yourself and everyone around you
take yourself out of that environment because "Pavlov's dog" effect will mean all your associations with the drug be it your house, possesions, drug mates and even town/city are constant reminders that will for lack of a better word "Trigger" you
The most succesful ex addicts are the ones that pretty much start fresh to the point of changing their personalities (Why born again Christians are so effective at rehabilitation)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
>>
>>734257205
Rotate veins systematically to be less hard on them, and try a booty bump... Take the needle off (TAKE THE NEEDLE OFF) put a little spit to lube, and shoot it up your butthole into your colon. I'm for real, this is a safer option.
>>
File: 1494620493673.jpg (43KB, 376x596px) Image search: [Google]
1494620493673.jpg
43KB, 376x596px
>>734258750
Thank you. Have a chocolate banana, Friend. :)
>>
Be the first person in the world to quit cold turkey
>>
>>734257425
Are you fucking retarded? Opiate withdrawl is literal hell and life threatning if not monitored by a doctor.
>>
File: 1496161001237.png (86KB, 291x378px) Image search: [Google]
1496161001237.png
86KB, 291x378px
>>734259077
>>
>>734257205
Look up kratom bro
>>
>>734257205
addicts get free treatment in US. we basically socialized fucking everything which is why we are 21$ in debt.

Go get fucking help. I have BCBS and they do cover addiction therapy.
>>
>>734258703
Okay, answer me one question. If it's so easy to just stop. Why are there so many rehab centres? Why are there so many groups such as alcoholics anonymous? Fuck, why do addicts even exist?
>>
Keep using, drugs are cool.
>>
>>734257205
my brother and his wife are addicts too anon, you need to realize that its as much a mental problem as a physical addiction. Normal people dont use, you need some real therapy and you need to tell your family now. Think of it this way, if you decide to wait to deal with it just one more day then you will forever be trapped into thinking, just one more time, just one more day. You need to do something about it now or you wouldnt be crying out to /b/ of all places. The people you know who use are trapped and suffer from mental diseases the same as you, they will be no help. Do something today or forever be trapped into using and destroying your life and those around you. You cant keep this a secret and your family already suspects.
>>
>>734257205

Whatever shit happened to you earlier in life, you'll need to deal with it before you can stay off. You can get rid of the chemical dependency relatively easily, but if you don't deal with your baggage, you'll relapse or get addicted to something else.

So. Counseling. Meditation. Etc., Rehab will want to detox you before they start you on these, but you can do them anyway. They'll still help even before you're clean. And if you stick with them, they'll start to make you feel better, and you'll be able to see past the end of your dependency.
>>
>>734257205
I've quit the shit and cut ties with people who wouldn't quit, including family.

Just fucking stop, man. Kratom will make it a lot easier initially, but shit will still suck for a while. Push through it. SMARTrecovery can help you, too. They're abstinencefags, but that's what a lot of addicts need to commit to, to actually get clean.

GL, anon.
>>
Die then you fucking cunt
>>
>>734259077
pretty sure many people have quit cold turkey
>>
>>734257205
Sell your nudes here
>>
get on methadone or suboxone
>>
>>734259143
>life threatening

As if shooting that shoot wasn't.

Withdrawing from alcohol and benzos is more dangerous. Ween down and then stop, faggot.
>>
>>734259574
Leave. NOW.
>>
>>734259143
Not really. They don't give you anything to help you quit in jail. Alcohol detox is much more dangerous.
>>
>>734257545
I have never been addicted but the process is pretty simple

>Need Surgery/Have Injury
>Get Oxycodone or Oxy like drug
>Enjoy relief and "recreational" side affects
>Run out of prescription
>Buy pills from friends/dealer
>Find out Heroin is SO MUCH CHEAPER
>Buy Heroin "Just to get through this bit until you can afford to buy oxys"
>Rinse/Repeat

Its sad really. Its so easy to become addicted to that stuff. its a disease.

If you seriously are looking for help there are options. I wouldn't recommend looking at 4chan however, it looks like bait.
>>
>>734259399
Dubs of truth
>>
>>734258975
That's fucking disgusting, OP's trying to kick heroin too idiot. Fucking booty bump Kek
>>
>>734259143
opiate withdrawal is shitty but cannot kill you.

alcohol however, can kill you from withdrawals

also something about not taking medical advice from /b/....
>>
>>734258975
suppository drugs FTW
>>
Anyone stupid enough to get to the needle deserves hell and death!
>>
File: images (1).jpg (2KB, 92x92px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
2KB, 92x92px
>734260141

>>734260141
>>
>>734257205
Willpower man. Dopesickness only lasts three days. Just got to sever the connections that got you there in the first place. It's hard, but you can do it. I recommend moving to a new city.
>>
>>734257205
Mayson...?
>>
>>734260525
>Mayson...?
thanks for telling everyone, asshole. now i'm going to kill myself.
>>
Its bait you worthless newfags

Fucking reverse image search for once before you all jump into white knight mode
>>
I'm 20
I'm a former "alcoholic", quit drinking cold turkey after 1 & 1/2 years and a pint of whiskey and 80oz's of beer. everyday, i was just drinking to get drunk everyday.
I quit 3 months ago cold turkey as it was costing me alot of money ($17-$22 a day), didn't think i could get withdrawls after just 1 year everyday. But sure enough about 36 hours clean the withdrawls hit me like a bar of soap in a sock, the withdrawls consisted of:
>Drastically increased heart rate, warming sensations throughout my whole body, cold sweats, whole body tremors, physical pain from head to toe, DT's (<-dilerium tremons=deadly), insomnia (<-8 hours of sleep in the first 72 hours), loss of coordination, loss of appetite, hypersensitivity in my stomach, anxiety, a delerius state of mind, throbbing headaches, nausia and vomiting, severe depression, and a seizure at day 3 of withdrawls.
It lasted for 4 fucking days!

Now im 3 months sober of everything.
The mixture of withdrawls, not eating enough, soda, and ciggeretes have me hypoglycemia which im currently battling through.

I grow my own weed which i can't even smoke (pic related, Bluepower from sincityseeds) because of hypoglycemia, I'm always felling like shit everyday.

I can't eat sugary treats, can't drink soda or coffee, I'm not suppose to smoke ciggeretes but i can't quit them(cut down to 6 a day though), can't eat carbs (pizza, pasta, bread, rice, etc) i can only get suger through protein and nothing else. If i got longer then 10 hours without a meal i immediately feel light headed, have blurry vision, increased heart rate, warming sensations, prefuse sweating, depression, dehydration, dried/tingling lips, and i get throabing in the left side of my face that fells like a heart pulse.

And for 2 hours after every meal i feel the same but some things are weaker and some are more intense then others. Everyday for the last 3 months. It would be easier for you to quit though OP. Alcohol withdrawls are on par with benzos..
>>
File: 20140213_182118.jpg (680KB, 1108x2282px) Image search: [Google]
20140213_182118.jpg
680KB, 1108x2282px
>>734260771
>>
File: 1495760627283.jpg (33KB, 595x403px) Image search: [Google]
1495760627283.jpg
33KB, 595x403px
>>734260748
Kek the b8 this hard
>>
>>734257205
I'm in the same place as you man, I tried to go cold turkey again today for the 13th or 14th time on my life. I'm seeing my dealer tomorrow.
>>
>>734260771
Fuck dude I bet you are a real pussy.
>>
>>734257205
EMTfag here - how you could play the system.

If you check into any hospital emergency room and say that you're having thoughts of suicide and that you have a plan of OD'ing on heroin soon because you want to die - They could potentially get you locked up for a free 2 weeks at a mental hospital where you would be treated for withdrawal and given counseling. A week or two clean and a scheduled placement with a methadone clinic won't hurt.

Your insurance would have to cover medically required shit. Worst you have to pay is your copay limit. But hey, your life is worth a few grand, right?
>>
Do MDMA instead. Not addictive, no crap in it, similar high.
>>
>>734260771
>i can only get suger through protein and nothing else

Eat more fat. The ordinary pathway for synthesizing blood sugar from scratch preferentially starts with fat and not protein.

Look up gluconeogenesis if you want to learn some science.
>>
>>734260994
Tell stories of how you convinced yourself to try shooting up? I am curious I have done stupid shit but turned down the needle many times since I was like 15. I mean 'duh'...
>>
File: 1262.gif (250KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1262.gif
250KB, 320x240px
Replace one habbit with another.

I'm no addict, but i've read about heroin and meth addicts litterally replacing their heroin/meth/suboxane cravings with high quality weed...

Idk its an option.

Of course its not the same drug, but your better off doing something like microdosing acid and smoking good kush than spending God knows how much on Oxy/Heroin everyday.
>>
>>734261022
Kek. Alcohol withdrawls are the deadliest forms of withdrawls.
>>734261125 i was told by my nutritionist to eat fat and prein based meals. Been doing scrambled eggs with extra butter everymorning and chicken or beef every night. Im also suppose to cut out more then 3 meals a day and fight through the pain. The dude wants me to be healthy again and had hypoglycemia when he was in his 20's. Thats actually what got him into being a nutritionist.
>>
>>734260771
Send me your marijuanas, anon.

I'll send you hyperglycemia.
>>
>>734261145
Same as everyone I guess, started with weed and coke as a kid.
When I went to college someone offered and I said yes. Didn't need any extra convincing.
>>
File: 20140627_180512.jpg (681KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20140627_180512.jpg
681KB, 1440x2560px
>>734261617
I don't want no diabetes anon.
>>
File: 150619181145-suboxone-super-169.jpg (106KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
150619181145-suboxone-super-169.jpg
106KB, 1100x619px
Suboxone my friend...it will take you away from the severe addiction.
>>
>>734261519
>i was told by my nutritionist to eat fat and prein based meals

Yep. That's right. Whole veggies are OK, too, just not the processed shit.

Extra butter, bacon, nuts, avocado, etc.
>>
DMT
>>
>>734261796
But I want marijuanas. :^)

Looks good regardless, anon.
>>
Best solution I can find.
> get medical grade from somewhere (cleaner the better, and strength is not recommended )
> ween down over the course of a month
> battle the final few days of sickness
> resist future urges
> if you relapse repeat process as best as possible
>>
>>734261519
Also, it'll take a while for your body to reach new equilibrium. Major gut flora, for example, lag major dietary changes by a few months. Other hormonal systems also have to stop oscillating

Stick with it, and you'll get to the other side of it.
>>
OP don't listen to these faggots, i used to be addicted to xanax, im not gonna lie thru my ass n say the come down is easy, it's not, best advice, is this. take your last dose, n be prepared to withdraw, it's gonna feel like shit, you gonna have to bite the bullet but there's no other way around it. if you work, request a week off, if you don't than you're gravy. find a few shows in netflix to binge watch, because when you withdraw sleeping is not an option, so you might as well watch something that'll keep your mind off the comedown, you're gonna puke almost everything you put down, so have some pedyalyte ready, some soups. also get some comfortable pillows n a comfy covers. when you withdraw you gonna have cold sweats, no way around, you just gotta find a way to alleviate the pain, when you finish withdrawing, you're gonna always have the urge to use, don't hang around with your old friends that shot up, don't even go in the area where you see your dealer. anything that brings you close the the context before you shoot up, avoid it. find new hobbies to keep you busy, the goal is to get it out your system, n find ways to distract yourself n stay busy so you don't go back. god speed op.
>>
There are free gov. places to get clean. Maybe a church would help.
Get on it, and get on it soon. Save your sorry ass.
>>
>>734259838
>disease
Cancer or rabies is a disease. Heroin addiction is you being retarded. Chances are no one made you take it. Zero excuses.
>>
>>734261849
Thanks, been doing about 10 cups of greens every other day (suppose to do it everyday but organic veggies cost alot and i have to go out of my way to get them so i like to conserve it)
>>734262015
As I was told, it's getting better in the past 3 months but it takes some time. He estimates 2 years AT MOST if the damage done was severe. Im thinking it may fade in like 5 months.
The only thing im having problems with is staying sober. Litteraly have jars of weed (i don't sell) and fresh, cleaned bongs staring at me everyday... sodas and coffee are hard too but not really hard to kick caffeine imho.
>>
Methadone saved me. Dr had me on a crazy amount of opiates, kept going up even after I told I thought I was becoming addicted. I was eventually on 75mcg fentanyl plus 4x20 oxy a day.

After I started on methadone (135mg a day), it took me 3 years to wean down slowly. I paid out of pocket $330 a month. It was hard, but not as hard as withdrawal. Been completely clean for 4 years. Consider it.
>>
Hey my man, I've been there quite a few times. Get on suboxone taper yourself down. You won't taper down with dope, we both know that. Find the lowest dose that makes you stable and drop down .5-1mg every 3 days. You will still have withdrawals but they are nothing like kicking dope cold turkey. Just do it, don't say you don't have the funds. A couple months worth of suboxone is so much cheaper than a couple months supply of dope
>>
>>734262648
>fresh, cleaned bongs staring at me everyday.

Put the bongs in a box and put the box in a closet. Out of sight, out of mind. No need for the constant reminder.

No need to get rid of them yet. If you have a crisis and need to relapse for a week, you'll have a known backup. Think of like a contingency plan if shit hits the fan.
>>
Don't listen to these people.
You're too far gone, there's no helping to it anymore.
You might aswell just keep going until the sweet release of death kicks in.
>>
File: 20140711_150006.jpg (488KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20140711_150006.jpg
488KB, 1440x2560px
>>734263233
No need for relapsing, i see it as a way to boost mental strength. With hypoglycemia my body is (in my case) firing insulin off like nobodys buisness. Cannabis causes the pancreas to release insulin
Smoking hasn't felt the same in 3 months, i smoke on 420 with a friend, took a dab... not smoking again till this shit clears up :,\
>>
>>734257205
You ruined the reward center of your brain. The only way you'll be able to quit now is by replacing the reward with something intense. I would say vigorous exercise on the regular could do it. Just write out a schedule and stuck to it. Remind yourself that you aren't a little bitch. Are you a little bitch anon?
>>
>>734259197
Two words: Participation Medals
>>
>>734257205
Methadone /b/ro...seriously. GET. HELP.

You can do outpatient care. Daily methadone doses by your doc. It's a medical illness and you NEED help.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.