[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ when is it ok to drop your friends? Sometimes I feel like

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1496114965442-1256592727.jpg (105KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1496114965442-1256592727.jpg
105KB, 2576x1932px
/b/ when is it ok to drop your friends? Sometimes I feel like i just don't fit in with my old circle anymore. I've known these guys since I was 11 and everytime I'm around them nowadays I just feel like they don't respect me how i feel they should as an adult. Everytime I'm around them i feel like im the butt of their jokes. I mean i don't mind, i can take a bit of clowning, i just don't feel that connection anymore. I tell them about it but they ubfortunately they dont seem to possess the same level of awareness as I do. They just don't see things the way i do. I often times find my self on the outside of a conversation they're having. Now I know they want me around cause they call me to hang out, i just feel like I don't have that same connection we had as kids. It's just different. Should I distance myself from these childhood friends? Or am i making a mistake?
>>
Just stop talking to them, had a "friend" I knew since 3rd grade get caught with mushrooms, ratted on me for growing them, not even my product out on bail right now. Ditch them and never look back. Once they start spacing out when you talk to them fuck em
>>
>>734164060
nah man they don't space out, they listen to what I say, we talk and shit, but you can just feel when certain conversations arise that you can't contribute to, and that's about 80% of them. Don't get me wrong, they spot me when i need it, they give me rides when i need it, they let me borrow money when I need it, its just we mostly have nothing in common anymore.
>>
Childhood friendships dont usually last Im in therapy be cause of my friends, just ditch em but stay with them until you find new friends so your not friend less
>>
>>734165229
im currently 24, at what age did you realize that childhood friends are no longer of any value to you?
>>
>>734165229
and how should I ditch them. Like should I just stop talking to them or should I just talk to them over the phone but never hang out with them. It's kind of hard when you're the only person in the group that can see what really is going on.I legit see what the friend group is for what it truly is.
>>
You've outgrown them, it's supposed to happen. You're the first one there which just means you've matured beyond them and,they're mentally inferior. Broaden your friend horizon.
>>
File: 1495590699513.jpg (161KB, 1246x935px) Image search: [Google]
1495590699513.jpg
161KB, 1246x935px
>>734163657
if you're as beta as you seem, they're your only friends but they have shitloads of friends besides you
you should actually hang with them more and become friends with their friends
eventually you'll find people you like
>>
>>734166247
you know what, i think its this. Ive always felt a little different from them, but i just think it was just a different level of maturity.
>>
>>734166777
well im at this point too, i guess . nice trips
>>
>>734166616
i don't care if they have more friends than me, i know this, i just no longer care enough to actually be bothered by the relationship i have with these people. The main contributing factors to me thinking this way is, i believe, some level of maturity and different interests. example, my interests are more towards politics, science, world events, shit like that. Theyre interests are more what other idiots would consider 'alpha' such as sports, cars, and 'clubbing'.
>>
I'm in a similar situation. Some of my friends I've known since I was in elementary school have really changed. They've become the type of person I really hate, stupid, fake-manly, and racist. I don't live in my hometown anymore but whenever I come back for holidays they want to hang out and I sometimes do hang out with them but when I do they'll make a racist remark or try to prove how tough they are and it makes me cringe. Not sure what to do either but good luck
>>
>>734167464
yeah i really dont know what to do at this point, they really are like my only friends. I just can't even hold a conversation with them anymore.
>>
>>734163657

It kinda went the other way for me. Grew up in a lower class, not impoverished but close, neighborhood. I had some financial success in my early 20's. Actually a lot of financial success and became a multi-millionaire.
I began to notice 3 things happening.
1) Politicians and business leaders would take my calls.
2) Hot women wanted to have sex with me.
3) My old friends stopped inviting me to their parties.
>>
>>734167983
It'll be harder if you don't have any other friends. Try to do activities you enjoy and make friends there. You can then begin to hang out with your new friends more and them less. Not sure what your life is like but definitely try to go outside of your comfort zone and try new things.
>>
>>734163657
If they don't respect you, then fuck 'em. You only have so much free time and emotional space, and don't need to remain as closely closely engaged as you have been. That doesn't necessarily mean "shut them out", but it does mean you should probably be looking for a better class of friends.
>>
>>734168336
thats the funny thing about it, im actually not having any success whatsoever. The past year I have fallen on real hard times. I've always been poor, lost my every decent job ive had over some stupid shit, my car broke down, etc. There's this rap lyric that comes to mind that I've heard a long time ago, 'people frown when you up, and smile when you down
And when you change for the better, shife fools stop coming around', this stuck with me through out my life, i found this to be true, and i rarely listen to rap music.
>>
>>734163657
>when is it ok to drop your friends?
any time
>since i was 11
lol

unless they are of value to you at a professional level, it sounds like at an emotional level these folks are valueless to you - so ditch them but avoid burning bridges if you can
>>
>>734163657
ive been meeting people and losing contact with them for most of my life

old coworkers that I would spend every day after work I would eventually block on my cellphone after a couple of days after quitting the job

even my old high school buddies I would drop contact with

I havent spoken to a single family member in years

feels great its like hitting the reset button constantly, any embarrassing moments or fights are just erased

who cares you can always find more
>>
>>734169510
man you process emotions like a little bitch

get your balls up and get your shit together
>>
OP, I have been through this before. I had three friends that invited me to stuff and we had fun, but since college happened, lots of them have specific interests and jokes that they have made that go beyond me. Not necessarily the butt of the joke but more of just "this conversation doesn't interest me but I like having people to play games with".
There is no point in burning bridges. If you feel it's right or that it's time to move on, just start going to less things they invite you to (thanks but I'm busy) and join a club/hobby/something that pertains more to you. Probably find better friends that way.
And maybe still see them here or there. You never know what contacts help you in life.
>>
>>734167169
my point is you can make more friends through them and you don't have to drop them if you do that, so no hard feelings
gl anon
>>
>>734169872
ive been doing the whole reset life button my whole life with ex gfs, co workers, people i dont care about, family etc. These people though, i just don't know man, i think its just habit why i hang with them.
>>734170237
>like a little bitch
how ass hole? I'm actually trying to think shit through instead of letting my emotions make me do some irratio shit. I'm even asking for a second opinion, i think, instead of feel my way through life.
>>
>>734167169
Fuck off I love cars
>>
>>734163657
It happens anon. I used to have a big social circle and we were all pretty tight, 15 years later and I have nothing in common with most of them. I keep in touch with 1 or 2 who were/are my bros but the rest i let slip away. Don't feel bad about it. We all mature differently and everyone has to live the life thats best for them. Don't be a dick about it, just do a slow fade. Hang out with them less and less, that way you can part on amicable terms and you won't have any bad memories gettin in the way of the good ones.
>>
>>734167169
Sounds like you just have different personality types. Don't burn any bridges... just don't hit them up to hang out while you're out looking for new friends. I suggest finding a bar that you enjoy by your house, or hookah bar if you're not 21
>>
>>734170302
yeah, i think the best route for me to take is not burn bridges, but just see them here and there, but not until i find some suitable replacements.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.