[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any experience with prescription medicine for

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

Does anyone have any experience with prescription medicine for anxiety that has helped them? Or even beta blockers?
>>
>>734151266
Anyone? For the dubs?
>>
benzos work. something like valium or klonopin for general/social anxiety, xanax for panic. used to use recreationally, but found they helped a lot with anxiety. never got a prescription and tapered off with my personal stash. im still a hermit.
>>
Exercise and diet will help the most, as litterally anyone will tell you. I know it's hard to control eating and to get to a gym when youre anxious though, so lexapro helped me start. Ive been running since i got on it at the end of december 2016 and i run daily, just a couple miles, and eat right. Lost a ton of weight, confidence way up and anxiety way down. Down to half my lexapro dose now and tapering off. CBD also helps and is totally legal and OTC. I take the full- spectrum taffies i get locally (non rec or med state, Kansas)

Wellbutrin is not a medication for anxiety. It tends to make anxiety worse. Its for depression.

Ask your doc about the options. Depends on whether its GAD or has specific triggers like public speaking, and the severity.
>>
>>734151745
I meant more so for long term.
>>
>>734151745
Oxcarbazepine did shit for me. But I feel dysphoria anxiety so I'm fucked.
>>
>>734151745
Guy that just wrote the long post here. AVOID BENZOS UNLESS THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY LAST RESORT. Rebound anxiety is horrible even after taking a small .25mg/day dose of klonopin.
>>
Propranolol is your friend. Honestly works a lot for my anxiety
>>
>>734152022
What were the good and bad side effects of Lexapro?
>>
>>734152201
How often do you take it? And have you noticed bad side effects like nightmares etc.?
>>
Wellbutrin, lexapro, and some other I don't remember. None of it worked for me. Gave me heavy brain fog. Killed my boner and sex drive. Made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>734152056
>>734152183
benzo guy here, samefagging longposter. if lifestyle changes don't work, see the doc.
>>
http://m.caltech.edu/news/microbes-help-produce-serotonin-gut-46495

>be caltech
>"estimated that 90 percent of the body's serotonin is made in the digestive tract"

Diet.
Exercise.
Therapy if needed.
>>
I have been in a shit load of medication for anxiety they always try to prescribe beta blockers or SSRIs for anxiety or anti depressants which made mine all lot worse I had to be put in behavioural centers more times than I can count before they put me on benzos that's what works for my anxiety they are just very addictive and if you quit cold turkey after taking them a while you can have seizures
>>
>>734151266
Beta blockers are more for performance anxiety. I used to take those when presenting patients to my trauma surgery attending. Worked like a charm.
>>
>>734152268

Good side effects? Lessened anxiety, lessened intrusive thoughts, lessened physical anxiety (tight stomach, tight chest, constant butthole clench)

Bad side effects? Kills cognition. Kills sex drive and boner abilities. Weight gain. Kills ability to emotionally feel music. Thats why I'm tapering off while keeping diet and exercise right.
>>
>>734152335
I used to be on 80-160mg a day at my worst when panic attacks etc were rife and had nightmares/migraines a lot from thembut for my general anxiety 20-30 a day not a single symptom bro. Just stave off caffeine if you do beta blockers though. Heart palpitates like a bitch
>>
recently tried lexapro to help me through a stressful period at work.

It basically turned me into a zombie and I stopped it after a few weeks. I don't see how I could function and hold down a job on that shit.
>>
>>734152584
Wouldn't that translate/allieviate other forms of anxiety too? Anxiety due to worry/fear/anger?
>>
>>734151266
Lol I Overdosed on Wellbutrin 2 weeks ago, best trip of my life, almost died.
>>
>>734151266
Effexor working for me, it's an anti depressant but at a low dose good for anxiety as well. I'm on 37.5mg three times a week (supposed to be a too low dose, but works great). Higher does made me drowsy as fuck. A script costs $35 in Australia cause I'm working. Should last 2 months.

I also mediate upon awakening (15min meditation tape in morning off YouTube) Do 20 push-ups when out of bed, have a daily to do list, read (library books) 30mins on positive thinking each day - all stuff that is pretty much free.

Identify your real priorities and do good things towards them anon. All the best.
>>
>>734152509
What benzos were you on? What worked best for you?
>>
>>734153183

Soopah smaht one heah guise
>>
>>734152775
Do you still take it? How are you now?
>>
>>734153210
Do you feel like the Effexor has given you new energy and focus?
>>
>>734153555
Yeah still on the 20 a day atm and its definitely staving off the anxiety. Counselling soon for depression though. Been a tough few years but feels good knowing things are getting better
>>
>>734153880
Are you avoiding SSRI's/SNRI's? Or have you tried any? I wish you the best of luck, Anon. I know first hand that things can get real rough.
>>
>>734153183
It's almost impossible to overdose on SSRIs. You're a little baaby looking for attention.
>>
Dont start xanax. Your brain continues to need more and more.

I almost lost my job because of that shit. A stupid doctor had me on way too high of a dose, and i ended up in a detox center for two weeks.
>>
>>734154546
Not that poster but wellbutrin is an SNRI you fool
>>
>>734154624
You're a lying addict fuck. You went to detox because you exceeded the doctor's dosage. Take responsibility for your actions and quit blaming others.
>>
Zoloft
>>
>>734151266
I hear wellbutrin makes you horny
>>
>>734151266
I use both a beta blocker and ativan daily for about 4 years straight now.

The medications help control the symptoms but its a lot of cognitive behavioral therapy that really changes your life.
>>
>>734155029
No, but it does offset the effects of other drugs that affect sex drive.
>>
>>734151266
xanax works like a charm because it makes me not give a fuck. Its not that i do dumb shit, steal, fight etc.. I just dont give a fuck about anyone or anything but can still control myself. Kinda how i wish i was all the time
>>
>>734154624

Tolerance doesn't build that fast. You're either lying or you're genuinely stupid and lack personal responsibility.
>>
>>734154827
You're right. Buproprion overdose is still rare though.
>>
>>734154624
>>734155425
Meh, i'd give him some leeway. I took xanax recreatgionally, 10 pills over 6 months and by the time i did it again a year later i didnt feel shit off of 1 2mg pill, i took 3 and it felt similar to the first one
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.