[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any medfags could give me some advice on a Gastric bypass? I'm

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: Gastric_Bypass_Illustration2.jpg (68KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
Gastric_Bypass_Illustration2.jpg
68KB, 800x551px
Any medfags could give me some advice on a Gastric bypass? I'm 24 years old. Male and weigh around 300lbs/140Kg. I'm 5.7/1.75m.

I'm sick of being a piece of shit who can't get any relationship and all the other difficulties it brings along with.

My life is total crap right now and I think besides the depression and axienty it could be a fast step to feel better about myself before I kill myself. I've tried losing weight a few years back and lost about 45lbs/25kilo but unfortunately I gained it all right back again after a mental breakdown.

The requirements are basically having an MBI over 35. Mine is 45...

I'm ashamed of what kind of person I became.

Is it worth doing it?
>>
File: Yes. This face..gif (491KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Yes. This face..gif
491KB, 500x277px
>>726837910
My cousin had one. She's been in the hospital recovering from the "damage" for just over a year. Hasn't made any progress because she isn't actually working towards anything. Just expected surgery to fix her and she'd be beautiful "like she deserves to be" (mfw those are her actual words)

Grow a spine. Eat better and work out. Intake good energy, expend that energy. You're probably just inhaling soda and shit like my cousin was. (She claimed that her diet was healthy when questioned by doctors. m-muh genetics even though she's the only fatty in the fam)

It's easy to assume that you're intaking shit and not expending. Therefore you are stockpiling shit and feeling worse because of it. Btw, the mental breakdown is usually from withdrawals. Fixing yourself is going to take effort. If it matters that much, then you'll do it properly and not screw your body in the long-run with some bullshit surgery.
>>
One of my best friends had one. He was just north of 300lbs. Honestly, I think all of the preparation required for the surgery was more effective.. than the surgery...

He was on a protein shake diet for a full month ahead of his appointment, and then he had to take it easy on solid food intake after the surgery.. this alone dropped him down to low 200's and he (comparatively) looked fantastic.

... but he didn't change his habits, and now he's back near 300. I don't think anything is going to help you.. but yourself. Good luck
>>
>>726837910
I don't think it's worth it. Like >>726839198 said, the prep for the surgery does more than the surgery itself.

Watch your intake. If you cut your intake to 1200-1500 calories a day you'll feel like you're starving but eat food high in protein. It'll keep you feeling full longer. Fruits and veggies. Egg whites and chicken breasts. Get some light exercise, a walk first and work up to a mile. Maybe look into getting a trainer at the gym who can help you ease into weights. You don't need this surgery because if you don't have self-control, it will fail.
>>
>>726837910
change your eating habits. Way easier than going through the process of having a surgery. If youre having this surgery without change your eating habits its a waste of money, your time and doctors time and other ressources.
>>
>>726838772
My mental disorders make me feel I shouldn't even give a fuck. That's why came up with a radical option. >>726839198
I'm able to chance my habits for a while but at this point I eat whatever I can because I don't care anymore. If I go for surgery I just simply have to or I'll explode. I know it's stupid but it feels like the right thing to do
>>
>>726839522
this
>>
>>726839831
>My mental disorders make me feel I shouldn't even give a fuck

Until you fix that, nothing is going to change. Sorry Anon.
>>
>>726839831
Then you better find a therapist first and work through your issues because your surgery WILL fail. You'll lose the weight, and then gain it all back again because you have an admitted mental disorder.

There is no easy answers, OP. Only hard work. And the best things in life are earned through hard work.
>>
>>726839831
>make me feel like i shouldnt give a fuck
>i don't care anymore

Well if you actually don't care, then you wouldn't be getting a fucking surgery for it, fatfag.

You're just lazy and unwilling to change. If you want things to be different, then fucking change them.

Goddamn fatfags. The only exercise they do is mental-gymnastics.
>>
>fatty
>no food
>mental breakdown
>>
300 pounds at 24 years old?
First you need to stop in-taking sugar. Don't cut it cold turkey, because you're fat ass is probably borderline diabetic. But you need to DRASTICALLY cut back on the sugar.

I bet you could drop 100 pounds in less then 2 years by walking/light exercise and NO SUGAR.

Go download some of those home workout videos that have you bouncing and jumping around like an idiot in your living room, You gotta work your heart and get your muscles working. This way you can go at your own pace, and you wont get self conscious in front of anyone.

TL;DR cut sugar out of your diet for a year, and see what happens.
>>
I'll just make an appointment with my Gp tomorrow and fix my mental state first. Thanks anyway for helping
>>
>>726841174
Hey, anytime.

I don't mean to sound rough, but I want you to succeed, OP. You admit you want to change. That is your first step.

Good luck.
>>
>>726841102
I'll work on this. Thanks for the tip. I also need to cut off salt and drink water instead of juice and limonade n shit all day..
>>
I'm old enough to remember being able to get diet pills from the Dr.

But there's not enough profit in that anymore so they opted to invent a useless surgery.

>try meth OP
>>
>>726837910
How tf r u 175x140 kg???? Nigga u should die in a hole lol
>>
>>726837910

Don't do surgery. RUN YOU FATFUCK.
>>
>>726841901
Thanks
>>
a gastric sleeve or band surgery is much safer, or you could just excercise and eat less

OR ALL AT THE SAME TIME FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS
>>
Ok, here's a tip I can give you before I commit suicide.

You can lose fat easily by doing the ketosis diet. Basically you eat meat, fat and green vegetables.

No carbs. Actually, you can eat less than 20 grams of carb per day, but they gotta come from your green vegetables.

Anyways, this diet worked so well and I never felt hungry, because I ate a lot of fat to replace the carbs.

Even though I've lost a lot of weight, and actually looked good, I was affected by clinical depression... and having girls hit on me in bars didn't make me happy like I thought it would.

So have in mind that you might be disappointed after so much work and you might end up commiting suicide like myself.

Peace.
>>
>>726837910
>I'm sick of being a piece of shit who can't get any relationship and all the other difficulties it brings along with.
Then stop being a lazy piece of shit and stop eating what you are. That's the first step if you don't want to also go to the gym. Diet alone is enough to make you lose a shit ton of weight. You don't even have to do a drastic diet that will leave you anaemic. I lost 30 pounds in the last couple of months by simply NOT EATING AT RESTAURANTS. I'm pretty much exclusively eating BALANCED home made meals with REAL non-processed food and that's already making me lose weight.
>>
>>726837910
Get a bag of chia seeds. Whenever you feel hungry, stir 1-2 tablespoons of it into plain water. It expands, fills you up. Use it to skip 2 out of 3 meals everyday. I cut down from 220lbs to 180lbs in 3months. You'll feel like shit towards month 3 but you won't lose that much muscle mass because it's essentially protein and fiber.
>>
>>726837910
Count calories and exercise.
You do surgery, you're looking for trouble in the long run.
>>
>>726837910

Count calories. Get a little exercise each day. Keep track of your weight. Hang in there.

You can do it. Cut out the obvious crap. Drink plain water (I like distilled water). No junk food, nothing fried. Make consistent, if small, progress every day. No backsliding. One day at a time. Hang in there.
>>
Stop drinking soda. Drink only water / Black coffee / straight tea.

Get off your ass for at least an hour a day.

Stop eating packaged shit. Cook for yourself, chicken and rice is easy to make.

Clean up your living space.

You don't need surgery, just quit focusing on what a loser you are and focus on making yourself better.
>>
>>726837910
-> /fit/
>>
>>726842280
I'll look up this method thanks a lot anon
>>726842650
Sounds interesting thanks I'll try to find those
>>
>>726837910
Dude, PRO TIP: Drink water. Drink lots, and lots, and lots of water. It is very important for may bodily processes, it takes up room in your stomach so you eat less, you wont drink juices and soda if you're already full of water. Eating salty snacks, like dried and heavily salted fish or salami, is gonna help still the hunger and permit you to drink even more water. Yes, you can die from drinking too much, but it's fucking hard.

Also, have you considered amphetamines? You can't eat while on them, you become less depressed and more productive, and they don't have many adverse health effects in low dosage. I suggest giving it a shot before the gastric bypass.
>>
The best procedure is the "sleeve" tecnique that consists in removing most of your stomach in order to reduce the food intake. It's relatively secure and provides better results compared to the bypass because it doesn't fuck up with the food transit and doesn't requires complex anastomosis thus avoiding complications post surgery. If you are willing to change your diet that's often the best solution.
>>
Used to be where you are. You're not beyond managing this without surgery.

I started changing my life in September after a nasty divorce completely wrecked me. I am 5'9" and weighed 310. I'm down to 230 through changing my diet and exercising 3 times a week for 90 minutes.

Just change your relationship with food and how you manage stress. I used to eat a lot when I'd have anxiety attacks. Now I just go out for hikes with my dog.

Get rid of the processed sugars. No more soda, juice, or candy. Get rid of the pasta except for once or twice a week. Stick to lean meats and vegetables. I replaced one meal a day with a protein shake and tried to create a 7000 calorie deficit per week. Now that my weight is down I try to keep a 5000 calorie deficit on top of my work outs.
>>
>>726843141
WRONG

If you drink too much, you'll get more hungry. Here's why...

Your body needs to keep a certain electrolyte balance in your body. When you force yourself to drink water when you're not thirsty, you'll mess up that balance.

In order to bring it back to normal, your body will need food (especially salty food) so you'll start to feel hungry.

Salt has an addictive effect on the brain, so you should reduce it.

The keto diet is the best and easiest hunger wise. Google it.
>>
>>726837910
Naw dude, the life you want is gone to you forever. Even if you lose all the weight you will still look like hell on earth and any pussy you'll get will have some major defect, she's fat, she has a million cats, her mom and sister live with her, she smells like dead raccoons and if you are a gay forget about it.... so here is what do just keep eating and masturbating and washing with a toilet brush on a pool cue...or...or you could say I'm going to devote 5 years, that right 5 years to losing all this weight...and do it slowly and the right way...
>>
Honestly I'm excited to change my life because I remember what it did for me when I used to work out every day. I felt like a person again. Jogging was an addiction for me but after a horrible break up I couldn't resist to take myself down. I'll definitely try those Chia seeds and keto diet.

>>726843926
How to manage stress is really important factor for me so thanks for the reminder.

>>726843141
Yes drinking water is very important but like >>726844876 said it doesn't get you a filled feeling.
>>
I believe you are required to pass a psychiatric evaluation and a sleep study too before you can do the surgery.
>>
no one can help you but yourself. even if the surgery goes fine and you lose weight , you'll get it back from shit habits and no self control.
Grow a spine. Go to /fit/. READ THE FUCKING STICKY. Get help for the fat people thread. And READ THE FUCKING STICKY AGAIN.
>>
Gastric bypass is exactly as the name implies. The distal end of the esophagus is widened and the stomach is bypassed. The intestine is then connected to the urethra and you shit out of your dick.
Just remember, the third leading cause of death in the US is medical error.

Doctor Anonymous
>>
All I can say is that my uncle got this surgery and it was disgusting. He would eat literally a tablespoon of food and it would get stuck. He'd spend the next thirty minutes trying to throw it up or wash it down with water and it never turned out okay. He ended up on special supplements and shakes with vitamins because he was so badly nourished. He was dead seven years afterwards from malnutrition damage to his kidneys and liver (and a heavy influence of alcohol but still.)

He destroyed himself because of his self-loathing. I am not a medical doctor, but the very idea of this surgery does not sound good. Your stomach is there for a reason; this should be last ditch effort stuff. I was too young to get the details but seeing my uncle go from being a hefty jolly guy to a walking alcoholic skeleton scared the shit out of me. I beg you to reconsider and attempt a more healthy method of losing weight.
>>
Dont listen to those comments, at least half of them are wrong. I am on my way to a gastric bypass myself and let me tell you: It will change your life. Its not right that preparation time does more than the surgery, because with the surgery you can lose A LOT if weight, you can reduce your weight in a half even. Look for a group, for example on facebook. I am in a german bariatric surgery question and answer group with around 18,000 members and all of those who had the surgery lost a lot of weight, some more some less. You have to be aware though, that the surgery is the LAST way, when no diet helps anymore. You have to do things too, its not a miracle. The surgery helps, but you still have to eat healthy and maybe do sports. If you dont, you will gain weight again.
What people dont get is that we all tried to lose weight and many many of us actually lost weight, but you dont keep it on the long term. That is the problem with dieting. People say oh just run fatty and eat no fast food, but its not that easy. People who were fat and lost weight need less calories, which is why they have to eat less than a normal person to stay at the weight and eat even less than that to lose weight.
There ARE people who had problems after the surgery like the first comment said, but around 98% dont have any problems. Even those who have some (no deathly problems) say they dont regret anything.
Anyway, search for a facebook group or a self-help group for adiposity in your city.
You will get all your answers there and you can talk to people who actually KNOW something about it, not people who have no idea or heard something from someone who heard something.
>>
Don't do the bypass go for gastric sleeve
Gastric sleeve
Gastric sleeve
Gastric sleeve I can't emphasise it enough, ex did it and lost sixty kg in the first seven months. You will only be able to eat small portions for the rest of your life and sugar and carbs in general will need to be limited. Also obviously having the right surgeon is crucial, I would investigate your choices thoroughly
>>
>>726847276
>I am on my way to a gastric bypass myself and let me tell you: It will change your life
is this copypasta
how can you vouch for something you haven't done
>>
>>726847460
Lol I was thinking the same.
>>
Mate just go to a nutritionist to give you a healthy diet and do some workout. Dont cut your self if you dont need to...
>>
In addition: You have to take supplements and take vitamins, but you wont get any health problems, tahts what you are taking them for. You have to see a doctor every few months too to check is there is everything fine, if not you just have to take a kind of vitamins, nothing more. That is because your little stomach or the bowel (depends on sleeve or bypass) cant take all nutritions anymore. Its not as bad as people make it look like. Either take those vitamins or get diabetes, high blood pressure and all that diseases you get from obesity. Do you prefer this? I dont ^^

No one dies when he just goes to the fcking doctor every now and then and cares about what he eats and what vitamins he takes. Most people dont have any problems with food to. You have to chew a lot and you arent allowed to drink 30min before or after eating, if you dont do that everything is fine, nothing gets stuck, nothing hurts and so on. 90% of the bad things you hear about people who had the surgery wouldnt have these problems if they were better informed. Some countries dont do a great work on preparing and informing, like swiss people have problems often, people in the usa too. Again: Join groups and you will know everything you need to know.
>>
>>726837910
stop eating you fat fuck
>>
>>726847460
Well I know at least 20 people who had the surgery in person and I talk to way more people in said groups on a daily basis, thats why I know very very much about it and that is why I can recommend it. I wouldnt do it myself without informing a lot.
>>
>>726837910
140kg isn't so much to lose...
change your habits: avoid sugars/coke/pizza/shit, eat only steam-cooked vegetables , and walk 1-2 hours per day, you will lose 50-60 kg without any effort
>>
>>726840276
Singles of truth
>>
>>726837910
I lost 30kg in 4 months, from 107kg to 77: 1200-1300 kcal diet, 2h per day of mountain biking
>>
>>726837910
Fuck you and your gastric bypass, start exercising, you lazy fuck, sew your fucking mouth shut and you'll be fine, period.
>>
>>726837910
Do cardio at the gym, fag
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.