[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Do you honestly believe in the "Big Bang"? There was

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 66

File: IMG_8048.jpg (15KB, 253x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_8048.jpg
15KB, 253x199px
Do you honestly believe in the "Big Bang"? There was absolutely nothing and then in a few trillionths of a second, all the matter and energy in the entire universe suddenly came out of nowhere?

Topkek! Think about it anon, it's so ridiculous.
>>
File: 1479368055900.jpg (106KB, 720x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1479368055900.jpg
106KB, 720x960px
Why???
>>
That's why it's called a "theory"
fucking dumbass
>>
File: 1470973615204.jpg (83KB, 1080x1075px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470973615204.jpg
83KB, 1080x1075px
Why??????????
>>
File: 1233615259050.jpg (184KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1233615259050.jpg
184KB, 1408x1056px
WHY????????
>>
>>721444028
basic bait
>>
>>721444028
never watched it
I think it was a stupid show
>>
>>721444028
> a wizard casts spells to create world
> runs out of mana on 7th day
> writes a book about it with a ton of wrong facts
> asks you to worship him eventhough he doesn't do anything anymore
Much more logical
>>
>>
File: Malk.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Malk.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>
File: 1484400691270.jpg (27KB, 480x470px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484400691270.jpg
27KB, 480x470px
>>
File: torta.jpg (106KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
torta.jpg
106KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: hangin out.jpg (475KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hangin out.jpg
475KB, 1536x2048px
>>
I'm not so arrogant that I claim to know how the universe was formed, but there is nothing wrong with trying to find answers.
>>
>>
>>721444444
who got it
>>
File: olan5.jpg (7KB, 187x269px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
olan5.jpg
7KB, 187x269px
>>
File: Allah is a Faggot.jpg (54KB, 616x462px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Allah is a Faggot.jpg
54KB, 616x462px
>>
File: 917244596_abobo-de.gif (14KB, 512x508px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
917244596_abobo-de.gif
14KB, 512x508px
>>721444028
OP you keep bitchen about this like you don't want to believe it. Just accept the Fact that you are going to die and never experience existence again in any form. Make the most of your life now because this is all you will ever get.

The universe did not come out of nothing. Energy is not created or destroyed. There was a singularity. If you can not wrap your tiny, child empress mind around that then go play pokemon fuck or something. Otherwise study and learn something. Read for fuck sake.

Pussy your mothers post!!!
>>
File: whataburger.jpg (143KB, 559x623px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
whataburger.jpg
143KB, 559x623px
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
facepalm.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>721444028
Do you honestly believe that one man is thought to live for millions of years and then just makes everything? Do you honestly think that somebody is actually walking on top of clouds above the Earth as it would be completely impossible? Oh, and the fact that there is NO PROOF at all, that God exists.
I only believe in stuff that has PROOF, such as ghosts, or aliens. Another thing, the Big Bang was a fucking theory, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>
>>721444442
when did the wizard ask us to worship atheistic fag?
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (128KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
128KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: dubz motherfucker.jpg (8KB, 299x216px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dubz motherfucker.jpg
8KB, 299x216px
>>
File: 1270788237226.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1270788237226.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>
This thread was opened yesterday already. Fuck off, religious piece of shit. We don't know, how everything started. The big bang is a theory and it's more likely than a fucking Santa Claus Deluxe, who shat our world in 7 days, so that he can make millions of niggers starve before they reach the age of 5.
>>
File: full (7).jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
full (7).jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>
>Kaguya appears out of nowhere and creates chakra and change planet so she can live there.
>Gets a son who creates the moon
>Descendents worship them as a god
>Are actually just some aliens
>Doesn't stop retards from worshipping
>>
Jesus' entire 3.5 year ministry is a satire of The 3.5 year campaign to take back Judea after the rebellion of 66AD.

Jesus starts on the shores of lake Galilee, so does Titus, where they both turn their followers into fishers of men.

Jesus goes to Gadara and finds a man possessed by a legion of demons. Titus' army goes to Gadara and faces a legion possessed by one man (according to Josephus.)

Jesus and Titus wander Judea for bit and they both end up in Jerusalem 3 years from the start of their ministry/campaign.

Jesus prophecies Jerusalem encircled by a wall. Titus encircles Jerusalem with a wall.

Jesus prophesies gnashing of teeth. The Jews of Jerusalem are eating animal dung and human flesh to survive.

Jesus prophecies the temple being destroyed. Titus destroys the temple.

At passover Jesus offers himself up as a passover lamb. At passover a starving mother named Mary kills and eats her son as her passover sacrifice.

Jesus is crucified, and is let off the cross by Joseph of Arimathea. Titus crucifies the populace of Jerusalem and Josephus bar Mathias(aka historian Josephus Flavius) arranges to let two of his friends down.

etc...

Jesus is entirely made up. He never actually existed. Jesus Christ is just a title that means "savior messiah," it's not a name. There are actually at least 3 "Jesus Christs" being referred to in the Gospels. The joke being there were already so many Jewish Messiahs running around first century Judea it couldn't hurt to add a few more.

The last "Jesus Christ" is the one that appears alive after the other two "Jesus Christs" died on the cross. The "Jesus Christ" Christians worship today is Titus Flavius in disguise. The Father they worship is Titus' father Vespasian Flavius. The Holy spirit was added 20 years later when Titus' brother Domitian became emperor. So the Holy Spirit they worship is actualy Domitian Flavius (aka the wicked spirit.)
>>
File: 1453320711023.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453320711023.gif
974KB, 500x281px
>>721444028
It all traces back to when this simulation was switched on every element every thing in this world is controlled by code. This world is a simulation.
>>
>>721444028

>There was absolutely nothing and then in a few trillionths of a second, all the matter and energy in the entire universe suddenly came out of nowhere?

I know this is a troll but the matter didn't "come out of no where". The matter was already there is just condensed into one point.
>>
That's why it's a theory
>>
>>721444028

Do you honestly believe two fucking penguins waddled their asses from Antarctica across Africa to the middle east to get on a boat so they wouldn't drown?
>>
time in non linear that's why atheistic fags cant understand it and invented the big bang... religion is a bunch of metaphors and cultural traditions that are in-fact good for society. atheistic fags are retards with no culture so that want to make them selves feel important by calling everyone else stupid. Religions people are much more interesting.
>>
>>721444028
No. Some child wished it into existence from her space tower.
>>
>>721445086
the earth was a lot smaller back then
>>
>>721444773
You shall serve God with your whole heart.
— Deuteronomy 11:13
>>
>>721445185
Wow you are a fucking idiot
>>
>>721444028
Consider the following.

Black holes, they have a mass so great, that their gravity pulls in light.
It's safe to assume, that at the core of these things, is an ultra dense ball of matter.

Now, let's scale things up a bit! A big enough star, will collapse into a small black hole eventually.
At the center of galaxies, are what are known as, super massive black holes.
But what if we keep scaling it up? What if we make a giga ultra nigger black hole? What would the matter at the center of that be like?
We know, thanks to grade school science, that matter really doesn't like being pressed up against each other. They'd rather be doing their own thing. But with such massive gravity, there is no excape!
Or is there? What if, and bare with me here, what if.... the big bang was a ultra giga nigger black hole hitting a critical mass and... wait for it.... IMPLODED!
That implosion, which is fueled by matter trying to escape the massive crushing pressure at the core, was the big bang.
The reason the universe is still expanding, is because our host black hole, is still sucking in more matter.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Quantum tunneling...
>>
>>721445185
I really hope English isn't your first language.
>>
Yes
All the galaxies are seperating from eachother and the most distant are redshifting. If we dont look far enough to actually see back in time to the beginning of the universe soon it will become too late.
>>
File: WorldSIM.png (63KB, 385x273px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WorldSIM.png
63KB, 385x273px
>>721444980
A popular argument for the simulation hypothesis came from University of Oxford philosopher Nick Bostrum in 2003, when he suggested that members of an advanced civilization with enormous computing power might decide to run simulations of their ancestors. They would probably have the ability to run many, many such simulations, to the point where the vast majority of minds would actually be artificial ones within such simulations, rather than the original ancestral minds. So simple statistics suggest it is much more likely that we are among the simulated minds.
And there are other reasons to think we might be virtual. For instance, the more we learn about the universe, the more it appears to be based on mathematical laws. Perhaps that is not a given, but a function of the nature of the universe we are living in. “If I were a character in a computer game, I would also discover eventually that the rules seemed completely rigid and mathematical,” said Max Tegmark, a cosmologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). “That just reflects the computer code in which it was written.”
>>
File: 100816.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
100816.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>721444028
Just because you're too stupid to wrap your peabrain around doesn't mean it's not true or at least a viable theory. Many people who are way way smarter than you have come before you and have decided that this is the best explanation we have at this point, and it's a pretty damn good one.
>>
>>721445211
that literal interpretation, Think of it in terms of a monk saying it or a Buddhist. Its basically just saying you should just be a good people and have kindness in your heart . But no you atheist take everything to the extreme and blame religion for everything smh.
>>
File: Roam between sims.jpg (20KB, 560x585px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Roam between sims.jpg
20KB, 560x585px
>>721445483
ideas from information theory keep showing up in physics. “In my research I found this very strange thing,” said James Gates, a theoretical physicist at the University of Maryland. “I was driven to error-correcting codes—they’re what make browsers work. So why were they in the equations I was studying about quarks and electrons and supersymmetry? This brought me to the stark realization that I could no longer say people like Max are crazy.”
>>
>>721445541
yes but it is fundamentally flawed. Physics as a science is flawed in many ways . Take the strong nuclear force for example. As Einstein said the idea's not crazy enough. Its non linear so there is no beginning but the human mind and our education system thinks of everything having a start and a finish. but if you think about it the universe is infinite so it having a beginning or an end is ridiculous. But human arrogance demands an explanation. God is to easy to understand. Science is a great way to pretend you are superior. Most people are religious. aesthetics are the minority report.
>>
File: SIM.png (15KB, 279x181px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SIM.png
15KB, 279x181px
>>721446239
One thing that raises many scientists' suspicions about the nature of the universe, is just how well it all seems to work and, what's more, how easily we can put it all down in the form of equations.

We tend to take it for granted that the universe is governed by a set of immutable laws. We give these names like thermodynamics, gravity, magnetism and relativity, but these are just our ways of quantify the strict set of rules that reality appears to follow.

Another thing that is based on a strict set of rules that will always yield the same results if given the right input, is code. Computer code.

Could it be that the reason that physical laws are so computable (E = mc2, for example), is because that's the way it was programmed?

One rock-solid way of refuting the claim that the universe is a simulation, would be the discovery of uncomputable physics, something that we can't quantify with maths. Can you think of any?*

*Hint: No, you can't.
>>
File: analog-simulation.jpg (18KB, 475x395px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
analog-simulation.jpg
18KB, 475x395px
>>721446481
Speaking of a perfectly programmed universe, another thing that bothers people is the fact that the universe seems to be perfectly programmed to allow us to live in it.

Any minor adjustment to any of the physical laws, and the universe could never have formed in the first place. If the nuclear strong force was just that bit weaker, matter would fall apart. If gravity was much stronger, stars would collapse in on themselves in seconds.

This, however, hasn't happened. The universe is not too hot, nor too cold, it is juuust right.

The Anthropic Principle is the philisophical stance that the conditions of the universe are constrained to that which life can emerge. The explanations for this range from the multiverse to intelligent design, but one of the possibilities is that the universe is fake - a simulation created by another being.

If you were a computer programmer (maybe you are), and you were designing a virtual universe to run, you would probably code for the conditions in which life would emerge too. Otherwise it would be like playing The Sims with an empty house.

This is all very well as part of a philosophical debate, but what about the evidence?
>>
>>721446571
>perfectly programmed.

You just went full retard.
The odds, the sheer unfathomable number of variables that exist. It would be retarded to think that for one, we're alone in the universe, and two, that the universe was made for us.
>>
>>721445617
That's how Christians interpret it. That's why there are sermons.
>>
File: Sim GRID.jpg (8KB, 271x186px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sim GRID.jpg
8KB, 271x186px
>>721446571
After thousands of years of wondering whether we're all just part of the matrix, one group of scientists think they might be able to come up with some more solid evidence.

Silas Beane and a team from the University of Bonn, have calculated that, if the universe is indeed a simulation, we should be able to spot certain artifacts from the underlying lattice that it is built on. When we simulate universes ourselves (at an impossibly tiny scale of course), we also use a grid structure to keep everything in place.

The key is in cosmic particles. As these rocket around the universe, they spread themselves across a spectrum of energies. There is, however, a limit to the amount of energy these cosmic particles can have, and there is a steep drop off after this amount. This cliff, according to Beane and his colleagues, is remarkably similar to the kind of cut-off you get when running a limited simulation with an underlying grid.

If the grid is there, Beane et al reckon that they should be able to pick up evidence of it by observing the way these cosmic particles scatter when they come up against it.
>>
>>721444028
Do you honestly believe a white man with a white beard who lives in the clouds made everything out of nothing in 7 days.

Higherkek op, you're shit at shit posting
>>
>>721446481
Quantum Gravity.
Check mate, retard.
t. Nuclear Engineer with a minor in Quantum Physics
>>
>>721446571
I've heard that philosphy before, but christ if it isn't kind of naive. We hardly understand physics enough to determine that without a doubt any change in physics would be unworkable. So the stars and life as we know it wouldn't have formed in the particular way they did, but that hardly means that there wouldn't still be stars of some sort, and that life couldn't have, in some form or other, developed.
>>
File: The CODE.png (5KB, 283x178px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The CODE.png
5KB, 283x178px
>>721446762
So if the universe is a simulation, it must be an immensely powerful and complex one, right? You might even think that the universe is far too intricate to be the result of a simple string of ones and zeros.

In fact, it's really not that difficult to give rise to an immense, even infinite, amount of complexity from a relatively simple set of rules. John Conway's Game of Life is an elegant demonstration of this.

This game, which was programmed in the seventies, has only four simple rules, but is capable of producing complexity, stability, annihilation and even infinity. Altering those rules also produces some incredible results, there's even a tumblr dedicated to it.

Now, nobody is implying that every time you play this game, you create a simulated universe, but it goes to show that complexity can indeed arise from relative simplicity.

Some digital physicists are even inclined to see the parallels to this in particle interaction in our universe. At our most fundamental level, the universe arises from some very simple "building blocks" that are governed by relatively few laws.
>>
>>721444028
More ridiculous than "some dude though it and so now it exists"?
>>
>>721446481
everything is fractal and everything has spin, Indeed it seem mighty convenient that the laws of psychics are perfectly set up to create the universe. Like you say if the math was off even slightly it would expand to quick and we would fly off into space or gravity would be to strong and we would smash together. Basically we won the mathematical lotto. Science has a theory to get around this that there are many universe's and we just happen to live in the right one. I like the idea that has been metaphorically coded into religion, Basically the universe has consciousness and is self aware. we are a part of this and if you take certain psychoactive substances you will understand this.
>>
>>721444028
I don't understand it neither do you... the difference between you and Me i didn't choose fiction time with short cuts to wrap my head around it. Tell me this if there is a God why doesnt females consist of just a torso with 3 holes? Why do they have a mind and its all about giving men shit and what the fuckery?
>>
>>721447078
No offense, but this is the most retarded comment in this thread.
>>
>>721447011
It might seem like a pretty out-there hypothesis, but what if creating virtual universes is a natural progression of a technologically advanced society?

We are currently in the process of creating ever more complex simulations ourselves and, considering the progress we've made in just the last half a century or so, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'd be able to simulate complex, thinking universes soon enough.

For this not to happen, we'd have to either end as a species (or at least end our technological age) or somehow lose interest in the idea altogether.

Now, with this in mind, consider the probability of our species being the first in the history of the universe to achieve this. If it is an inevitability of a technological society, then it is wildly unlikely that it hasn't happened before, perhaps even many times - perhaps we're a simulation within a simulation within a simulation.

To break this down to numbers, even if we make the fairly modest assumption that this has only happened a million times in the entire history of time and space, then there is a one in a million chance that we are the first. However, this means that there is a 999,999 in a million chance that we're one of the simulated universes.

This is the argument that Elon Musk made not so long ago, when he stated that, in his opinion, the chances that we're not living in a simulated reality are a billion to one.
>>
File: Quantum-Reality.jpg (62KB, 540x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Quantum-Reality.jpg
62KB, 540x375px
>>721446818
Okay, for this one, forget everything you know about simulations, computers and virtual reality. Just because the universe is a simulation, doesn't necessarily mean that it was programmed by an intelligent being. It's possible that our physical universe is actually a virtual reality, created by a quantum reality.

Still following?

Since the advent of quantum mechanics in the 20th century, the properties of the physical reality that we not only take for granted, but take as self-evident, have started to make less and less sense. They do not work with quantum mechanics, and every one of our attempts to unify them have failed.

Quantum reality, on the other hand, proposes that the quantum world not only exists, but also calls our physical world into virtual existence. You're not so much a brain in a jar, but an illusion created by quantum laws.
>>
>>721444392
Underrated comment
>>
>>721446687
you don't understand the point . Even physicists admit the fact that the chance of the laws being set so perfectly are one in a billion. yet here you are standing with your divine structure as explained by da vinci's Vitruvian Man. But you still don't get it ?
>>
File: Reality.jpg (52KB, 600x472px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Reality.jpg
52KB, 600x472px
>>721447469
Sticking with quantum realism for a moment, there are a couple of aspects of physics that make a lot more sense if you think about them as products of quantum virtual reality.

Einstein's famous twin paradox, for example, in which time dilation can cause one twin to age much faster than another. This isn't just a weird product of some complicated maths either, time dilation has been objectively observed in the real world, but how could it be physically possible for time to run at different speeds in the same universe?

The answer is every gamer's worst nightmare: Lag.

In gaming, time slows down when the servers are busy, moving at a different rate to others' time. In the "real" world, time slows down near a large gravitating mass, or at high velocities, suggesting that it is virtual. If reality is busy processing huge amounts of gravity or velocity, it might only have a small amount of power to spare for the passage of time.

As well as time dilation, dark matter and even the curvature of spacetime are also thought to be potential indicators of our quantum overlord.
>>
File: digital.jpg (482KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
digital.jpg
482KB, 1920x1080px
>>721447630
We tend to think of the universe as a smooth, continuous structure, but its is actually split into discrete chunks.

Much like the cubes in the grid that we talked about before, there appears to be a "minimum" measurement in the universe, known as Planck Length. Just like in a game of chess, in which you cannot move less than one square, in the universe, you can't have less that on planck length. It is digital, quantified, it is in bits.

To be clear, you won't be able to see the pixels of the universe, even if you put your eye really close to your hand. To visualise Planck length, picture a dot at 0.1mm in size, then blow that dot up to the size of the observable universe (about 92 billion light-years), and a Planck length would be the size of a 0.1mm dot in the middle of that. Pretty small.

However small they are though, these "bits" of information are temptingly similar to the way information is stored on a computer. Maybe whoever programmed it just didn't expect us to look that closely.
>>
>>721444028
Course I do
Although now its a while that my wife and I had a big bang....
>>
>>721444392
Kek
>>
File: WHO.jpg (437KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WHO.jpg
437KB, 2048x1365px
>>721447841
So, if the universe is indeed a simulation, who exactly is simulating it?

Well, so long as we're not a random bit of noise as a result of quantum reality, we can assume that there's some kind of conscious intelligence writing the code.

It's tempting to picture some kind of science fiction inspired race of super-intelligent, pan-dimensional beings in futuristic hats, but the likelihood is that our virtual reality was probably programmed by, well, humans. Or at least the "real" version of humans.

Much like we have a propensity to create the people we know on The Sims, it stands to reason that a civilisation with the ability to run complex simulations would create something like themselves. Perhaps these simulations are even being used to predict events in the "real" world, perhaps the future human race is simulating its past, as a form of digital archaeology.

If you want to get really meta, perhaps the simulators are simulations themselves. It's just simulations all the way down.
>>
>>721447328
>>721447841
>>721447630
The problem with This simulation theory is of course quantum theory itself and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle . In quantum theory for example everything can be a 1 a 0 and both at the same time. there are a bunch of problems like this that gives the universe true random. And computers cant generate true random, hence we are a random intelligent super consciousness so large we have lost self awareness.
>>
>>721447011
>must be immensely powerful and complex
In comparison to.. what? The tinker-toy's that people use today?
>>
File: Quantum computing.jpg (164KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Quantum computing.jpg
164KB, 1365x768px
>>721448552
Do what now?
>>
in another 14 billion years teh universe will contract and the hole process will start all over again.
>>
>>721448905
>>
>>721448552
You are applying the highly limited understanding of how we program to the endless possibility of how others could program?

Can you prove that you have free will?
>>
Christians fail to understand that. if a book has dragons and gients in it its fake
>>
>>721449033
Soon you will be able to make a universe inside your living room.
>>
>>721448905
quantum computing is only in its infancy we cant generate a quantum reality yet. still if you could generate a reality wouldn't you make it better then our current one? perhaps this is how we create the universe.
>>
>>721449080
yes i can prove i have free will. iughfdhiulduhiophdftuijhpdfhjlkondfhskfjuxzjsxfkm,lkjhjudcfk,dxijkdcfkdcxlkxszdlkoxsdkjzxk,mzxkls,xkm,zkmzjnxkmz,xzdkxf,msklxzdfxzkl gaint asain penis gibbel de gook
>>
>>721449284
>Having the depth of a child-pool
What is limited knowledge.
What is symbolic because of that limited knowledge.
What is translation.
What is a metaphor.

Hypothetical: If a highly advanced extraterrestrial being had landed their spacefaring craft in the center of neolithic civilization would it not appear god-like?
>>
>>721444392
Kek
>>
>>721449652
That doesn't prove free will. Perhaps you should teach yourself what "free will" actually is.
>>
File: Just lab rats.jpg (9KB, 318x159px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Just lab rats.jpg
9KB, 318x159px
>>721449512
Unfortunately if we are a simulation im sure its to practice war famine plague and advertising bullshit.
>>
if this post is dubs i have no free will and its all simulation.
>>
File: 1485083823432.png (778KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485083823432.png
778KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>721444442

"alternative" facts, anon.

ftfy
>>
>>721449921
see not dubs >>721449852
please explain what is this free will ? how do i prove it?
>>
>>721444028
Do you honestly believe in the Bible? There was absolutely nothing and then in a few trillionths of a second, Earth and sky were divided and in the end the entire universe suddenly came out of nowhere?

Topkek! Think about it OP, it's so ridiculous.
>>
It had to happen eventually
>>
>>721444750

there is no proof, outside of anecdotal evidence, that ghosts or aliens exist either

i'm not saying they don't, but i am saying if you truly "believe" in those with the information available then you should be able to see how people can believe in god

but really, god don't exist, ghosts probably don't, and aliens most likely do but i doubt they've ever been anywhere around here
>>
>>721450064
The same reason you can't prove it's non-existence.

>>721449921
That post is self conflicting.
>>
>>721450163
OP just said Big big is ridiculous.. at no point did he say .... and the bible is truth why would you assume he christian anyway maybe hes a Buddhist Op?
>>
>>721450411
>why would you assume he christian anyway
I know, I've always wondered this.
>>
>>721445052

no, stop with this
>>
File: Quantum Jesus.jpg (78KB, 400x622px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Quantum Jesus.jpg
78KB, 400x622px
>>721449916
Assuming Jesus was real. Then the only way into this simulation is to be born into it. And according to the bible the only way out is to be born again.
>>
>>721450310
>had to happen eventually
Wouldn't that be an argument against it's existence since time as we understand it did not exist prior to the "Big-Bang".
>>
>>721450401
i shall prove i have free will by leaving this thread and going away to perform my duty as a human and trying to reproduce and play video games etc. also i solved captcha and it clearly said I'm not a robot.
>>
>>721445617

>atheists take everything to the extreme

>crucifixion, world floods, creating the entire universe in 7 days, spanish inquisition, crusades, hanging, ritual sacrifice, etc

yeah, the atheists
>>
>>721445617
If it wasn't for religious control of the world we could have had flying cars and hoverboards by now, but nope, we're 1000 years behind because gravity is the work of the Devil and God is the one keeping us attached to the Earth. Kill anybody who thinks different.
>>
File: TV DIED.png (755KB, 1485x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TV DIED.png
755KB, 1485x1080px
>>721450681
Time is a restriction. Everything would happen a lot faster without it.
>>
>>721444724
How singularity was created?
>>
>>721450661
661 the true number of Lucifer, divine symmetry and truth ;)
>>
>>721447315

i believe that title is reserved for OPs post
>>
File: 1477708976700.jpg (55KB, 694x488px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1477708976700.jpg
55KB, 694x488px
>>721445617
The heart is the deceiver of men. If a man follows his heart he will surly perish.
>>
>>721450711
The only thing you have proven is that you don't understand the concept of free will.

For fun, I suggest that you look into what Determinism and Indeterminism is. From that general conception of the meaning of free will I would continue to research into what other leading research has been done into the topic.


Either way, we're getting off topic.
>>
>>721444028
Lol yes. But don't worry we all go back to the void that was before the big bang your mamma took last night.
>>
>>721450401

you don't need to prove something doesn't exist. it simply doesn't exist. there is no way to prove that.

come back when you have evidence for why and how it exists. or when you learn what logical fallacies are.
>>
>>721450900
Not a restriction - a measure in change. Without change it cannot be measured and therefor cannot be viewed.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQIy4eejp91/ there we go bois
>>
>>721451150
Nah, at least OP's post provoked thought and discussion, whereas this comment in question was of the mental level of a kindergartener.
>>
File: 5kj3h6i3-8d.gif (122KB, 300x232px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5kj3h6i3-8d.gif
122KB, 300x232px
>>721451372
Asking someone to prove their claim isn't a logical fallacy. Try again.
>>
>>721450861
>>721450855
you assume religion is responsible but that is a massive oversimplification of the complex political and interpersonal relationships if events that happened hundreds of year ago. We can only speculate today but the true motives were undoubtedly political interpersonal and ultimately greed based. Religion was certainly used a mobilising force for the masses, much in the same way political and scientific ideology are used today . Blaming religion as the single force behind these complex and varied events however is simply incorrect.
>>
File: 1480796174205.jpg (32KB, 400x557px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480796174205.jpg
32KB, 400x557px
>>721451372
Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
>>
All these replies and no travis.
>>
File: sempitus morum.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sempitus morum.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>721451598
>>
File: ballin.jpg (140KB, 564x752px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ballin.jpg
140KB, 564x752px
>>721451376
But without it things wouldn't need to change, or could change in whatever order they please.
>>
This is a cool thread, really makes ya think. Pretty good for some bait, also if anything i would think the universe is self aware
>>
>>721451646
OP never brought up the bible, it's you retards that are doing this.
>>
Y'all shall read The Last Question by I.Asimov
>>
>>721452304

How? What is your reasoning for this?
>>
>>721444028
ow. really, really this is just making me cringe.
>>
>>721444028
It's not about believe. It's about probability. Ideas like the big bang don't just come about as an act of pure imagination. It's what the evidence leads us to.
Even still, any good scientist will not attest to it with absolute certainty. If sufficient evidence was presented to suggest otherwise to big bang theory, scientists would have no choice but to abandon it and focus efforts in another direction.
>>
>>721452304
>without it things wouldn't need to change
It would be as before. Nothing.

>or could change in whatever order they please
Speculative.
>>
File: 1474336681421.jpg (20KB, 336x395px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1474336681421.jpg
20KB, 336x395px
>>721452371
1 Corinthians 2:5 - That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
>>
File: 94039283.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
94039283.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>721451778
Travis does get a bit old, doesn't he?
>>
>>721444773
How about when he made a whale eat that dude and only let him out if he promised to build a fuckton of churches?
>>
File: 1483777320681.jpg (29KB, 480x618px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483777320681.jpg
29KB, 480x618px
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
>>
File: and put them.png (117KB, 418x397px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
and put them.png
117KB, 418x397px
>>721452521
>>721452645
Without whatever's stopping things from happening out of order, things can happen out of order.
>>
>>721452656
What's your point, exactly?
>>
>>721452867
Or that time that Noahs kids all had to fuck each other cause every other human was wiped out......
>>
File: 1435355336698.gif (986KB, 300x196px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435355336698.gif
986KB, 300x196px
>>721452867
lol that shit was cash Gods so funny.
>>
>>721452912
That would imply that change would be occurring, which is how we define time.
>>
File: LOL i Member.jpg (7KB, 220x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LOL i Member.jpg
7KB, 220x200px
>>721453061
Lol that was great O member when he killed all the babies in Egypt.
>>
>>721450911
We don't know and it's doubtful that we'll ever know, that's why it's a singularity
>>
>>721453333
>We don't know
A good answer.
>>
>>721453333
Quads O Truth!
>>
>>721450911
God of course, you stupid!
>>
>>721453139
that only matters when something exists though. You have to have something before time applies.
>>
Op is retarded and doesn't know the theory
>>
>>721453638

What if I told you that time was imaginary?
>>
File: Trust in God.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Trust in God.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Isaiah 55:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
>>
>>721453704
i'd say you are a faggot.
>>
>>721451372
No, whatg you are saying is not scientific at all. You have to fully prove a claim before you cna accept it as a fact. If the claim is "God doens't exist" you have to fully disprove the existence of God to prove the truth of that statement.
Now it gets tricky: by definition God is not knowable by any other means than faith, so not being able to rationally measure its existence proves nothing. Ultimately, for the rational mind, believing or not believing in God is a personal decision based on faith rather than logic, as it should be.
>>
>>721453704
Then you'd be half right. Timekeeping I'd imaginary, time is as real as space
>>
My IQ is greater than your mom's weight
>>
File: media.jpg (91KB, 690x603px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
media.jpg
91KB, 690x603px
>>721453704
It still represents something that isn't imaginary. I'm talking about that.
>>
>>721453704
Time is the direction in which entropy increases in a non-closed system
Throw an ice cube in a glass of water, then take another glass of water. See how in one glass the ice cube slowly becomes water while in the other either all water freezes or no water does? That's time.
>>
File: Einstein.jpg (7KB, 199x253px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Einstein.jpg
7KB, 199x253px
>>721453704
What if i told you time was relative?
>>
>>721453834
Not so. If you can't prove it exists than it doesn't. We have more evidence for and observations of dark energy and dark matter (matter and energy that by definition can't be observed) than we do for your god.
>>
>>721453974
i'd say you are a faggot.
>>
File: neverending.jpg (44KB, 338x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
neverending.jpg
44KB, 338x500px
>>721444028
>>
>>721454134
>your god
Try again, I'm an atheist.
>If you can't prove it exists than it doesn't.
That mentality is exactly why scientifically the 2000's might as well be the Dark Ages.
>>
>>721454134
>If you can't prove it exists than it doesn't
>stupid Galilei stop building your faggot-ass telescopes, the Earth is at the center of the Universe and you can't prove otherwise bitch
>>
>>721454177
This is becoming the neverending shitty response to the neverending shitpost.
>>
>>721454280
My god, I've never thought of it that way! Quick! I must study the purple flying elephants of the Andies and a new material that pulls energy from alternative universes!

If you think keeping tally of everyone's imaginary friends is science than you should sterilize yourself
>>
Merely claiming something could exist because it can't be disproved is bad logic. Imagine the number of things that could be postulated to exist that we would have no way of proving. It's literally endless.
> magic invisible dragon lives on the roof of my house
> can't disprove that it doesn't exist
> therefore requires consideration?
If someone wants to claim that something exists, the onus is on the person making the claim to produce proof.
>>
>>721454426
>he literally did
>do you have similar evidence for your god?
>>
>>721444028
Based on the amount of nigger cock OP sucks, he obviously believes in the "Nig Wang" theory
>>
>>721453638
I see your argument; however, as I stated, speculative. Under the same pretense of speculation I could claim time still existed, but that the matter is from another universe that tore into this dimension.
>>
File: spiteful.jpg (89KB, 575x566px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
spiteful.jpg
89KB, 575x566px
>>721454134
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. God is Love Bro.
>>
>>721444028
Who the hell said there was nothing before the big bang I'm a firm believer that all the matter in the universe was in a black hole that imploded under it's own gravitationa force
>>
File: God.jpg (44KB, 331x448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
God.jpg
44KB, 331x448px
>>721455003
What happened was god divided by Zero, and then you know the rest is history.
>>
File: fluff.jpg (20KB, 271x362px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fluff.jpg
20KB, 271x362px
>>721454675
Well I wouldn't speculate on any specifics, I just wanted to show that the universe's existence doesn't necessarily break the "law of cause and effect".

Also I'm pretty sure it was established a long time ago that matter doesn't actually exist, and the universe is made entirely out of force
>>
>>721454455
>check'd
PROBLEM?
>>
File: What are lay lines.jpg (14KB, 301x167px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
What are lay lines.jpg
14KB, 301x167px
>>
Great thread.
>>
Just got better.
>>
>>721444028
>He doesn't know about Beating Heart
Pleb
>>
>>721455989
>>
>>721445617
And that's exactly why those who are of very same kind heart, but never knew about God (infants, hermits) go to Limbo instead of heaven. Those who do not believe just straight out tortured for the rest of the eternity, abramic religions are very petty like that.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 66



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.