[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: img_0568.jpg (97KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
img_0568.jpg
97KB, 1296x864px
Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking.
>>
How do you feel about white peppercorns always getting cucked by black peppercorns?
>>
>>720170795
no emotion...it's just a colour thing for the food
>>
what kind of restaurant do you work for?
>>
Why arent you over at /ck/
>>
Question: what's the hardest thing about becoming a chef?
Answer: telling your parents your a faggot.
OP IS a major faggot, go cook my supper bitch
>>
What is the greatest ethnic cuisine in the world and why is it Thai food?
>>
>>720170929
North West cuisine. High end....all local.
All ingredients sourced within 100 km year round.
Fresh!
>>
>>720170619
What do you do for a living
>>
>>720170619
do you enjoy selling two lamb chops for $30?
>>
Why are all chefs alcoholics with tattoos?
>>
>>720171091
because a lot of b/ couldn't cook themselves out of a paper bag
and they have very little cash to eat right
>>
whats something absolutely delicious I can do with chicken and garlic? my two favorite ingridients, thanks
>>
if you were hired to cook dinner or bake some desserts for example wich would be the % of profit you get from the dish or dessert made?
>>
>>720171353
I do not have tattoos you fucking limey prick!
>>
>>720171257
so salmon, salmon, salmon basically?
>>
>>720170619
Why we can't food food?
>>
>>720171417
Make garlic chicken
>>
>>720171211
Thai is just a variant of all that is Asia which includes Chinese, Japanese, Russian and even India. Italian and French hands down.
>>
>>720170619
How come chefs pretend that there is a dramatic variation in subtle flavors when, in reality? Pic related tastes exactly like every other piece of lamb anyone has ever eaten?

Followup: Why do sommelier pretend that they can tell the difference between wines beyond "sweeter" and "less sweet" when it has been demonstrated that they cannot?
>>
>>720171417
everything.....give me a few more ingredients
>>
>>720171353
Because they are faggots
>>
>>720171716
kek, thanks
any other recipes? i already tried garlic toum with chicken
>>
>>720171652
Obviously you have never been to West Coast Canada
>>
>>720170619
OP LIKES WOMEN WORK BECAUSE HE IS A MAJOR FAGGOT.
Literally anybody can cook.
>>
whats your opinion about peruvian food if you have any?
>>
>>720170619
How does one prevent a pan sauce from breaking when using beurre manie?
>>
>>720171652
Hey! We also have...um, teriyaki joints everywhere. Does that count? Most of them do have teriyaki salmon though.
>>
>>720172060
nothing specific but all based on Spanish which I love all the variables. Rice, bean and corn with all the different meats and sea food....you can't go wrong.
>>
I want to learn how to cook in this order:
>start with some raw ingredients and produce something that doesn't make me sick when I eat it
>get fancy with it

Where can I find good instructions for phase one? All you can find online are recipes with twenty steps and thirty ingredients and results that look like the picture in the OP. I just want to know how stuff like what tools to use, how long and how high, how to tell when stuff is done, and how not to fuck it up. How do I learn that stuff? I'll worry about spices and sauces and garnishes and shit like that when I can reliably produce a piece of meat that isn't severely fucked up in some way.
>>
Most chefs are shit and only care about money, most restaurants are dirty and bacteria ridden. I only cook for myself and will never go eat out. Unless your blessed by Gordan Ramsey or Jamie Oliver, your shit. I have yet to meet anybody that I would let cook for me.
>>
>>720172146
make sure you rub enough flour into your butter to make a thick paste then whisk in little bits of the paste to thicken your sauce
>>
>>720172779
Haha, you have an unlikable personality and are gonna die alone.
>>
>>720170619
What’s with that fuckin’ stupid presentation?

Have you ever actually tried to cut a piece of meat sitting on top mashed potatoes?
>>
>>720170619
How would I prepare human flesh in a way it looks like regular meat?
>>
>>720172418
it does have a lot of influences, not only spanish, it also has chinese, arabic, japanese and indian!
>>
>>720172488
Since OP is taking forever and I am bored, I am taking this thread over.

Step 1
>find said piece of meat with decent marbling(fat that is "freckled" within the meat"
Step 2
>heat saute pan over medium high heat BEFORE adding oil/clarified butter.
Step 3
>Add oil/clarified butter
Step 4
>season meat seconds before adding to the pan, so that the salts do not draw the moisture out of the meat making it dry
Step 5
>sear both sides of meat (google what searing looks like if you do not know)
Step 6
>finish in oven to desired temp (I would choose medium rare)
bon apetite.
>>
>>720172922
>that is a roux.
you have failed my test.
>>
>>720173000
nice trips
>fabricate your retail cut into steaks
>prepare like normal meat
bon apetite.
>>
>>720170619
How come when I eat 4 large Boxes of onion rings with 4 boxes of zesty dipping sauce my farts smell so terrible the make me tear up for a few days after?
>>
>>720172939
I honest to God hope I do.
People = Shit
>>
>>720173251
It's a penis
>>
is having your steak rare-medium just a meme?

I see people argue about this shit all the time and honestly I like my steak cooked medium but I dont think having it well done really changes the flavour that much and it just seems like the people who have it less cooked are just falling for the "le fancy" meme.

also if you cook pasta al dente you're a fucking retarded faggot.
>>
>>720173418
because your anal glands hate you

bon apetite.
>>
File: 1437501685957.jpg (78KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
1437501685957.jpg
78KB, 499x460px
>>720170619
why is it important to sear your meat?
>>
>>720170619
My GF likes meat. Pork, steak, ribs, chicken, etc. I want to learn to cook some meals for her. Any places you would suggest I start? Any guides? thanks in advance if you read my question OP!
>>
>>720173499
ok, I have much experience in this field.

Blanch your penis
>boil water, add penis, shock in ice water after 10 minutes
>peel off outer skin
>slice into rondelles

bon apetite
>>
wich pastry would you recommend to a loin wellington, phyllo or puff pastry and how you prevent the pastry from geting wet from the inside?
>>
>>720170619
Don't you still get hungry after so little food?
>>
>>720173671
Again, I have hijacked this thread. I am your new overlord.

>Buy a decent cut of meat.

See my prior post.
>>720173078
bon apetite.
>>
>>720172779
well Op here, and I cook for one of those gentlemen
>>
File: ay fam.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ay fam.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>720173078
>bong apple-tights
>>
>>720172922
fuck off you silly prick
I knew it was a test
that is the way you do it
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD BANANA BOY!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>720173854
I would use a 1-2-3 dough...if you want to use phyllo or puff...choose puff.

You can coat the inside with a corn starch slurry, which will turn the wetinside into a nice jus lie.

bon apetite.
>>
>>720170619
Why did /ck/ ban me over a thread about bleach in the water when it's 100% true?
All boards 24h.
>>
File: 1437499120347.jpg (45KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1437499120347.jpg
45KB, 500x750px
>>720173440
>it'll be ok, anon
>>
>>720173671
Op here, be a little more specific
I will give you some tips
>>
>>720174084
No...no it is not. you would use a roux if you want to make a large vat of sauce, gravy, jus, or thicken a sauce.

Beurre Manie
>Cold butter rolled in flour

U mad /b/Ro?
>>
>>720173854
OMG do you even Google?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXIPhxL5XA
>>
Is salt necessary for literally every cooked meal?
>>
File: know their shit.png (804KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
know their shit.png
804KB, 1366x768px
is shokugeki as 100% accurate as I assume it is?

how many customers a day explode out of their clothes and have orgasms after eating your food?

why will the local governments not allow people to investigate around concentrations camps for actual physical proof the holocaust happened?

whats the best food to feed a gril to get her to fugg me?
>>
>>720174128
Probably because bleach is a health code violation, red line to be exact. You should use Multi Quat Sanitizer.

bong apple-tights
>>
>>720174358
hahahahaha who taught you that....Chef Google?
>>
>>720174412
I asked because I wanted to save the time looking for a video. "ask me anything" right?
>>
If chicken were handled with the same care as beef (cleanliness) from slaughter to consumption, could it be eaten raw the same way a steak can, and if not, why? What makes chicken meat different from beef meat that a steak can be eaten raw.
>>
>>720174427
not every
>>
>>720174589
No, I actually instruct culinary arts. I am bored so I thought I would take over your thread.
>>
What temperature should I cook this and for how long?
>>
>>720171761
I can answer the sommelier question for you.
Biologically men doesn't taste sweetness as well as women can, however men can taste sourness better than women.
There are of course outliers, as there is in everything.
So did your study balance for that?
And can you link that study/demonstration?
>>
>>720174593
>saving time on 4chan
kek
>>
>>720174726
you are not doing a very good job
>>
>>720173078
So you are initially heating an empty saute pan? Is that not bad for the pan?

When you say to finish it in the oven, you are talking about moving the meat from the saute pan to a baking pan or something, right? Does that need to be pre-heated and oiled as well?

When you say "finish to desired temp", you are talking about the color of the meat's interior, right? How can you tell when you've reached it except to take it out and check a lot, and how can you check without opening it up and drying it out?

Guides glaze over this type of detail and I'm sure that this stuff starts to make sense pretty quickly, but I do not feel like I have an instinct for it.
>>
>>720173685
Alright man, thanks. This'll teach my cat for shitting on the carpet.

Also are there any doctors in here that can guide me through self-stitching?
>>
>>720174612
Wonderful question! It is because of the mass production of the poultry industry. Most chicken contain salmonella because of the way they are raised.
>packed into tight pens
>eat food on ground, where they shit
>they peck eachother, introducing salmonella into their flesh

If we lived in a world of grass fed chicken, then it is possible. It will never be possible.

bong apple-tights
>>
how come people always talk about their boner appetites after serving food?
>>
If you accidentally dropped an expensive ingredient like a truffle or a venison steak on the floor.

Would you just rinse it off or bin it?
>>
>>720171761
The more you taste a flavor, the more you'll be able to tell when theres too much of that flavor compared to the other flavors in a dish. So culinary experts actually do know what they're talking about.

Wine tasters are bullshitting to placate their ego though.
>>
File: Anyone_Can_Cook.jpg (54KB, 647x628px) Image search: [Google]
Anyone_Can_Cook.jpg
54KB, 647x628px
>>720172017
>>
Can you teach me how to cook calamari? It's my favorite food.
>>
>>720174898
Honestly, it is all about repetition.

to answer your questions
>yes heat the empty space, if you add the oil to a cold pan, the oil will reach its smoke point much faster, thus giving the meat a burnt flavor

>desired temp, meaning the inside color as you put

>you can check this by either getting used to the feel of the meat. The "thumb" guide is rather good. you can also use a thermometer. 135 is med rare.

ALWAYS LET YOUR MEAT REST AFTER COOKING

bong apple-tights
>>
>>720174795
4chan time is precious so buzz off!
>>
>>720174940
You're very welcome

bong apple-tights
>>
>>720171761
http://www.tastescience.com/abouttaste3.html
Here's a way to see if you got a shit sense of taste or not.

Here's some monkey experiments just for the fuck of it: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0003996991901087
>>
>>720175115
Throw it out. That 5 second rule might be bullshit, but you'll get fired if you try to bypass it.

At home: still throw it out. Have some standards for yourself, I mean for fucks sake. Love yourself. You're worth more than a venison steak that fell on the ground. You can always go shoot more deer or buy more truffle oil. But you can't put a price on personal standards.
>>
Hey children, how's it going?
>>
>>720174977
Truly spectacular, that is one of the most asked questions in the FOH world!

It is because we all have massive erections when plating your food

boner apple-tights
>>
>>720174612
it tastes like shite you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>720170619
Can I use Barberry bark for anything in food?
>>
>>720171957
Aha! In that case, salmon and putaine.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.