[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Well, there goes the environment

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 33

File: 1485282028756.jpg (116KB, 630x644px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485282028756.jpg
116KB, 630x644px
Well, there goes the environment
>>
File: 1435538540148.jpg (12KB, 250x237px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435538540148.jpg
12KB, 250x237px
>>720133484
nigger... do you realize how many fucking pipelines run though America????
>>
>>720133484
the environment is for faggots, go suck a horse cock
>>
It's apparently what America wanted.
>>
>>720133602
lol
>>
>>720133597
>day 2 pushing through pipelines
not understanding he's setting a tone
>>
>>720133597
2?
>>
America is like Russia, if Russia took on more debt and left cities without clean water.
>>
>>720133484
Can someone explain to me why this is bad?
>>
>>720134165
Read up on tar sands and how to refine it
>>
Yeah I didn't realise he didn't believe humans cause global warming until the day before voting. If Hillary had said this in the debates he'd have probably lost
>>
>>720133484
Oh shit! I did notice a bunch of trees disapear from outside my house around the time he tweeted this!
>>
>>720134150
GOD, in the last 3 months I've heard Russia mentioned more than in the last 30 years
>>
File: 1483756838555.jpg (162KB, 580x341px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483756838555.jpg
162KB, 580x341px
The Dakota pipeline is the safest and most advanced pipeline to date.

They have plans on diverting the water-way.

There are already pipelines under the water.


If you want to revert back to the stone age, feel free to. Just don't expect us to.
>>
>>720134380
Lol
>>
>>720134354
Tar sands are protected by the EPA.
>>
File: crimea_river.jpg (13KB, 245x183px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
crimea_river.jpg
13KB, 245x183px
>>720133484
>Well, there goes the environment
>>
>>720133484

FUCK YEA MY SWEET ETE STOCKS
>>
>>720133484
Because corporate profit and maintaining our dependence on fossil fuels is more important than being good stewards of the only planet that we have.
>>
>>720134668
Aye, but that's where it be coming from in canada
>>
>>720134770
Don't you love how government regulation complicates and fucks up everything?
>>
>>720134890
No, I like it when they protect my water and my air
>>
>>720134380
>If Hillary had said this in the debates he'd have probably lost
>More than half of the country believes the world is 6000 years old

Know your audience.
>>
>>720133965
2 if you have autism fuck ass, oil pipes and natural gas pipes are abundant in 'Merica
>>
>>720135061
Yeah, when the EPA prohibited fracking companies to dispose of their "waste" water that ended up resulting in the sudden rise in earthquakes because they were forced to pump it back into the holes they drilled is really protecting the environment.
>>
>>720135132
Yeah but even people who believe in Christianity believe in global warming. At least in England they do. Americas so fucking dumb
>>
>>720133484
right lol
>>
>>720135359
Yeah I'm fairly positive the EPA banned them from doing that
>>
Fake as hell.
He had to give up his twitter handle once he became president and used only Potus handle now.
>>
>>720135555
>America is so fucking dumb.
FTFY
I won't even check those repeating numbers.
>>
>>720135725
If that's what you want to believe. Whatever you gotta do to justify your environmental fetishism.
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (35KB, 280x210px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
35KB, 280x210px
Why do we still even need fossil fuel? Don't we live in the future?
>>
>>720136044
no we don't
>>
>>720136044
Tree huggers hate nuclear
>>
>>720133602
lol, you would be one of the first people to try and emigrate to canada or europe once the USA drown in their own waste and shit
>>
>>720134746
>>720134746
HAve you come up with something better...? Well fuck NO so shut the fuck up about fossil fuels. THERE isn't better out there and Batteries are caustic as fuck for the environment. Troll HARDER mate.
>>
>>720136044
No we live in the NOW actually that is if you believe in time.
>>
>>720133484
Based saviour.
>>
>>720133484
Fuck the environment!
We have to kill it before it kills us. You ever go in the environment? Of course not, if you had a bear would have eaten you and you couldn't post now.
Where do you find poisonous spiders, snakes, wolves, and bears? Yeah fucking right! In the environment.
So start rolling coal and make America great again.
>>
>>720134380
humans dont cause it you fcking idiot yhey just contribute. and the amount they contribute is still not really known
>>
File: 1485280008609.jpg (14KB, 342x344px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485280008609.jpg
14KB, 342x344px
>>720136440
well meme'd my friend
>>
>>720133484
OP, do you drive a car? If so, kill yourself and save the environment.
>>
>>720136237
I live in canada and plan on moving to the USA, youre a fucking retard and a pussy if you cant admit a country is superior than yours and offers more possibilities. Enjoy being a loser all your life.
>>
>>720134611
based
>>
>>720136855
Well when you look at the median temperature increase, it does start to kinda spike around the Industrial Revolution.

However since then there has only been a 1-2 degree fluctuation. Hardly a meaningful increase.
>>
>>720137000
>poorly skilled on non-diversified skill holder that can't compete in his own home
>>
You fucktarded simpleton. The only reason these piplines are an issue is because Billionare Warren buffet already ships this oil by train. He owns the trains. Trains get derailed a lot. Imagine when a train full of oil gets derailed. Stop being a useful idiot.
>>
>>720134746
>>
>>720136855
Look at the rise in temperature since the beginning of 20th century. That tells a lot also pic related
>>
>>720133484
that oil was going to still be moved somehow, either by pipeline, rail, or truck. Pipeline is still by far the safest method.
>>
>>720135234
they just don't travel across multiple states or national preservations...
>>
>>720134611
>thinking renewable resources outside of oil are old-fashioned
>>
>>720133484
The environment is fine. The protests about environment and native americans were a charade by Saudi Arabia; Saudis third part funded while leftists intellectuals were paid to orchestrate it. Saudi Arabia does not want the Dakota Pipeline because the US would import more oil from Canada; Saudi Arabia would lose sales/money from the pipeline. Saudi Arabian gave $25 million to Clinton foundation for her run for presidency becausw she would stop the pipeline unlike Trump. This had nothing to do with environment so stop being a sheep.
>>
>>720133484
Trump will do more in his first 100 days than Obama has done the last 8 years. Time to get these protestors and lazy fucks polluting our country begging for work.
>>
>>720137236
See>>720137092
>>
It all part of our corporate overlords master plan.

Trump will make us even more dependant on oil the next 4-8 years, then the next politician will come along and do something to triple the tax on gas or something
>>
>>720137331
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean
>>
File: oilpipes.png (148KB, 576x321px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oilpipes.png
148KB, 576x321px
>>720137309
>>
>>720137092
>"hardly a meaningful increase"
>being this much of a mark for conserva-tarded 50's coal shilling policy
>>
>>720133484
If only it took the hippies with it
>>
>>720137417
Just like trump dismantling obamacare is only happening because the insurance companies (the same ones who donated millions to Obama to get it passed) are tired of paying poor people's medical bills
>>
>>720135797
Are you stupid? Are you shitposting? Did you even look?

You'll be allowed back once you've completed fourth grade
>>
File: 1485280387754.jpg (427KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485280387754.jpg
427KB, 1024x768px
>>720137353
How dare you criticize Israel?!
>>
File: rex.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rex.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
>>720137356
>lazy fucks polluting our country
>>
>>720137356
lol only a retard will believe this.

Obama fixed everything that Bush fucked up. Trump is going to undo all that and fuck the US up again. And in 4 years a new democratic president will fix Trumps mistakes. That seems to be the patter. Republicans fuck shit up, kill jobs, increase debt massively, Dems come in and fix it.
>>
>>720136233
Not tree huggers. Big oil put so much negative ads out for it and people are scared their will be a chernobyl when the problem with that one was the safety requirements weren't upheld and they had barely any standards compared with today. Even though chernobyl caused less environmental damage than oil does
>>
>>720134672
>Welp there goes this thing we all universally share
>Lol shut up op you big baby
Do you typically post like a dumb faggot or is today an exception?
>>
>>720134413
Russia is the new boogeyman, if something happened it's because Russia. If Trump sneezes it's because he got a cold visiting Putin. Blaming Russia is all the liberals have left.
>>
people bitching about an oil pipeline using their computer or smartphone manufactured from plastic and made in Asia and probably delivered to their house by Amazon, none of which was possible without oil.
>>
>>720137498
1-2 degrees in the course of around 200 years is not meaningful.

You can stop with the strawman and ad-hominems anytime.
>>
>>720137000
I love having some of the highest power costs in the world cause we use hydro instead. Its so nice living here in Canada. The carbon tax is totally needed when we reduce carbon emissions by 5x what we produce of it XD.
>>
>>720137631
yup they are so sad
>>
>>720134413

I bet thats how living in the McCarthy era must have been like
>>
>>720136233
>Tree huggers hate nuclear
Tree huggers know that there is newer types of nuclear reactors that use the waste of the old ones, and a lot safer.
>>
>>720137587
The only people I see protesting nuclear are environmental fetishists. I don't see how "big oil" have anything to do with this.
>>
>>720137672
What's your point?
>>
File: 1484109418095s.jpg (8KB, 197x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484109418095s.jpg
8KB, 197x250px
anything trump does to piss off faggot hippie libtards gets my support
>>
>>720137353
> Saudis third part funded while leftists intellectuals were paid to orchestrate it
>Saudi Arabia would lose sales/money from the pipeline

i mean, you could pull your head out of alex jones' asshole at any moment and refresh yourself on the last six months of oil commodity/ oil futures prices and bumbling by the OPEC to realize DAPL would do little to affect the global competitveness of Saudi oil, but everyone has to grow to understand the world around them at their own pace.

i guess.
>>
>>720137679
Yes it is. That's unprecedented.
>>
File: 1713208_630x354.jpg (44KB, 630x354px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1713208_630x354.jpg
44KB, 630x354px
>>720137558
Obama fixed everything that Bush fucked up? That's complete bullshit. Look how many lazy millennials there are begging for the minimum wage to be raised at their shit-tier highschool level jobs, free college, and safe spaces. You have to seriously be a fucking idiot to believe America was heading in the right direction.

Also,
> republicans fuck shit up and kill jobs

Pic related

It's just a matter of time before the quiet ones come out of the woods and start shutting you liberal pussies the fuck up for good.

ggm8
>>
Oil pipelines shouldn't just be able to go through absolutely anywhere, but this country runs on oil and they have to go through somewhere. This is relatively unpopulated land in the middle of nowhere. Sorry, Indians.
>>
>>720137788
Damn straight skippie!
>>
>>720136044
No its [current year]

Also treehuggers hate Nuclear because it takes money from their enviromental scams and provides cheap and safe enegry making them obsolete.
>>
>>72013555the middle of the country is pants on head retarded but the coasts are good
>>
>>720137788
Checkd and kekd
>>
>>720137926
"lazy millennials" lol you troll.

Your grandparents generation could afford to be married with children and own a house by working minimum wage.
>>
>>720137711
Well that's a first. Was honestly expecting to be called a trumpcuck for suggesting Russia isn't anything.
>>
needs moar thorium reactors.
seems like india is the only country taking thorium seriously.
you gonna lett poo in loo pajeet and his buddies become superior?
>>
>>720137901
its not unpresidented it has happened many times
you faggot nigger
>>
>>720137926
So much irony in that pic. The limo belonged to a Muslim immigrant and liberals destroyed it
>>
>>720137558
>Republicans fuck shit up, kill jobs, increase debt massively, Dems come in and fix it.
Like how Obama doubled the national debt?
>>
>>720137728
Tree huggers over here are pushing laws to forbid nuclear power plants completely.
>>
>>720137926
>Look how many lazy millennials there are begging for the minimum wage

>having this pathetic of a level of understanding of productivity levels, inflation, real wage growth, exacerbated income inequality levels and cost of living benchmarks across developed countries
>>
AHAHHAHAHAHA THOSE POOR INDIANS ARE GUNA GET IT NOW. TRAIL OF PIPES BABY.
>>
>>720137558
This pattern has been happening with domestic, economic and foreign policy since 1968.
No one ever remembers this, much less learns from it.
It will continue to happen until the country eventually gets it so wrong that it implodes.
>>
>>720138051
Just shows the level of intelligence these people carry
>>
>>720137939
it runs straight underneath a lake that supplies 20mil with drinking water. i think thats a bigger points than land ownership
>>
>>720138116
shut up dont use words us millenials dont understand
>>
The vast majority of people including you, know absolutely nothing about how these pipelines work, how useful they are, and how safe they are. You just hear a bunch of idiots whine about it and think it must be true. Absolute stupidity of the masses.
>>
>>720138020
My grandparent's generation worked hard for their minimum wage and knew the value of a dollar after either being brought up in the great depression or working through it (also war bonds). Millennials would rather buy expensive clothing and gadgets than take care of themselves.
>>
>>720137926
5/10
I'm responding
Safe spaces have nothing to do with Obongo.
People used to live on minimum wage, why is that bad again?
>>
As long as it's in poor communities, I don't care how many pipelines they build.
>>
>>720138070
what, you think the money behind that 12-figure bailout that Bush gleefully ok'd and Obama had to carry on his back through to the GOPs just fell out of the fucking sky?

the U.S. Treasury does 9 figures of bond subscriptions on a slow day and is the most creditworthy borrower on the entire planet. relax.
>>
>>720138291
you are too old to be on /b selfban or an hero pls
>>
>>720138020
Millennials think access to the Internet is an essential human right and not a first world privilege. If that's not lazy entitlement then I don't know what is.
>>
>>720138039
muh environments has only changed this millenia! big business is killing us all! temperatures dun change! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously expecting liberals to understand a dataset and its implications is like expecting them not to think Russia is a mastermind boogeyman we should all fear.
>>
>>720135555
>>720135819
I'll check'em cause you deserve it
>>
>>720138319
Because the standards of education in the American markets has raised and people are too lazy to "catch up" and basically get certified to pursue a profession.

You can't live on minimum wage anymore. Minimum wage is for students in high school and for people without credentials.

Also yes safe spaces have a lot to do with Obongo and his sympathetic attitude towards crybabies and protestors. Just look at how great Reagan was as a president and he didn't put up with shit.
>>
>>720138291
fuck your grandparents. they got free college and at-prime or superprime mortage rates or mortgage assistance on the G.I. (aka nanny state) program that people would eat each other's babies over today.
>>
>>720138319
"I've never had a job in my life; the post"

You don't 'live' on minimum wage; you try to exist.
>>
>>720138286
this particular pipeline will not benefit the usa except for the building of it. the pipeline isn't to supply use with oil and the path it's taken will contaminate drinking water, not might will.
if the pipeline supplied us with oil and actually went a route that wouldn't fuck with shit it'd be good but then we would need to rebuild refineries which we haven't leading to the high oil prices.
>>
>>720138381
Too old? I'm fucking 22 m8. You're too young to be here, MODS! underage b&
>>
>>720133484
Go fuck a tree OP
>>
>>720137939
>in the middle of nowhere
Well now thats a subjective opinion
>>
File: 1483210804639.jpg (79KB, 580x557px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483210804639.jpg
79KB, 580x557px
>>720133484
We need jobs. Just because you live off your parents money doesn't mean the rest of us can.
>>
>>720138517
I've never understood this argument, because from what I understand pipelines are generally safer than trains and trucks? Am I wrong?
>>
>>720138543
did your grandparents not grow up in the same timeframe?
>>
File: success-bait.jpg (17KB, 260x282px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
success-bait.jpg
17KB, 260x282px
>>720136044
>>
>>720138661
>We need jobs.
Could always go towards Green jobs, doesn't have to be oil based jobs
>>
>>720133484
Alberta thanks you, Donald. Fucking Obama delayed the keystone for years. It would have already been complete now if not for him.
>>
>>720138700
That's my understanding as well, I have seen a great many chemical and oil spills from trucks on the interstate by my house, the oil pipe? I don't even see rust on it.
>>
>>720134611
>The Dakota pipeline is the safest and most advanced pipeline to date.

I'm betting on the following happening.

1. Tar sands are barely profitable now.
2. Carbon taxes and electrification of transportation is going to drive the demand for oil down.
3. Price of oil will fall below the level where tar sands are profitable.
4. Tar sand mines will close.
5. The Dakota pipeline will shut down and the bonds will hard default.
6. Because the government underwrites the bonds the US tax payer will have to pay.
>>
>>720137092
yeah, not a meaningful increase in the context of the temperature of the damp languid air in your basement apartment

environmentally that's huge
>>
>>720138542
Do you think think literally everyone and their mother used to go to college? Higher rates are cock blocking a bunch of people but that's not the point

Obongo has nothing to do with tumnlr and it's infection in college, should read up on his opinion on colleges and challenging opinions
>>720138586
You both realise I'm speaking in past tense right? No of course you don't. Because you're both still in high school.
>>
>>720137195
a pipeline bursting and a train derailing results in a pretty massive difference in spill quantity
>>
>>720138700
People just don't understand what pipelines are. Most people don't even think they have a pipeline connecting to their house. There are thousands upon thousands of pipelines everywhere around the country but as soon as they get bigger everybody loses their shit.
>>
>>720138070
Not that it will matter, but..., point of information:
The Bush Administration did not include or declare the costs of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as part of the national budget, deficit or debt.
When Obumbo took office one of the first things her did was to include tose $$$ into the totals in the interest of 'transparency'.

Another interesting bit of trivia:
Bush also ordered the Department of Labor to reclassify 'assembling' a burger at McDonald's as a 'manufacturing' job in 2003 in order to obscure the fact that the US was hemorraging those jobs.
It worked.

BTW..., I'm a Repub who voted for Trump..., but you should have your facts straight.
>>
Why does everyone care so much about the planet?

Literally nobody alive posting right now is going to be affected significantly in their lifetime.

>but muh kids!

who fucking cares, you'll be dead and never know what happened.

source: I work for the EPA and don't give two fucks about this pipeline.
>>
>>720138814
What """"green""" jobs, anon?
>>
>>720138726
in the same society, same country, even same state, people can have completely unequal opportunities available to them - made possible by public policy, the lack thereof, or the beliefs of the people around them.

never forget much the U.S. hated Italians, even second gens, around that time.
>>
>>720137728
Doubt that.
Most of the time I hear:
> muh wind power
> muh solar
> we almost all green yo

...
>>
>>720133484
oil sands
>>
>>720137309
Found the dumb liberal.
>>
>>720138990
Except pipelines don't fucking just up and burst. Especially not these newer ones. The epa called it the safest pipeline ever for fucks sake.
>>
>>720139042
both of these things are true.
sad.
but true.
>>
>>720139093
different anon, but being a solar technician is probably a more useful skill than working in a refinery. start your own business, etc. good for the economy, certainly better than too big to fail oil companies. not to say there won't be big solar, just an easier access market with less capital required.
>>
>>720139042
>The Bush Administration did not include or declare the costs of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as part of the national budget, deficit or debt.

wow. considering what the Iraq/Iran war yielded the U.S., that is fucking criminal.
>>
>>720133484
Can someone explain this to me, once the pipe is laid its not like its going to be dug up again so why the fuck is everyone having a shit fit about it saying its the end of the environment, there are miles and miles of pipes across the us why does this one matter so much.
>>
>>720139351
http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/11/another-pipeline-bursts-endangering-drinking-water-6-million-people-company-behind-dakota-access-pipeline/
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/1-dead-colonial-gas-pipeline-explosion-alabama-n676046
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/12/oil-spill-pipeline-north-dakota-standing-rock-belle-fourche

all of this happened last year

also see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents_in_the_United_States_in_the_21st_century

hundreds, literally hundreds. one a modern pipeline built by the same company in pennsylvania like, three months ago.

talk out your ass more
>>
>>720138361
still doubled the debt, though i agree bush was also responsible

and "credit worthy" is scary, because it means that all that interest we already pay on that insanely huge stack of money will jump if anything calls that credit worthiness into question
>>
Better take a look at a pipeline map. There are already pipelines running along the proposed routes. This just increases throughput.
>>
>>720139466
It's because idiots tend to be gullible and band together, and the American educational system has failed this generation.
>>
>>720139466
2. Trump Had Investments in the Company Creating the Pipeline
>>
File: losing.jpg (196KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
losing.jpg
196KB, 864x1152px
>>720139466
Because libtards are literally retarded.
>>
>>720139466
Because they're liberals.

And liberals are fucking retarded.

Apparently their PhDs in Womyn's Studies and Gender Studies doesnt seem to help raise their IQ.
>>
>>720139351
pipelines most certainly do "just up and burst"

retarded apologists everywhere
>>
>>720137517
I didnt know people could talk out of their assholes but this one is spewing shit.
>>
>>720139351
On April 2 2016, the TransCanada Corporation Keystone Pipeline was observed by a local resident to be leaking, near Freeman, South Dakota. The cause was a crack in a girth weld, and amount of tar sands dilbit spill was about 16,800 gallons
>>
>>720139765
what's a womyn?
>>
>>720139466
this one goes through water reservoirs, cuts through disputed land, and imo the biggest is it won't be supplying oil to the usa.
>>
File: 1373.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>720139701
>MRW There's so little proof that even the leftist can't say it's true.

Also: http://www.snopes.com/does-donald-trump-own-a-stake-in-the-dakota-access-pipeline/
>>
>>720139608
>ignoring human error
>ignoring the fact that the epa hailed the pipeline as the safest in American history
Seems like you're the only one talking out their ass here bud. Keep cherry picking your facts.
>>
File: Lsinre.jpg (1MB, 4837x3027px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lsinre.jpg
1MB, 4837x3027px
>>720139859
>what's a womyn?
This thing in the hat.
>>
>>720139789
Let's just power everything with unicorn farts then!
>>
>>720137494

KEK.

What the little liberal snowflakes don't seem to realize.
>>
>>720139883
it's not cherry picking when I link all of the pipeline accidents of the last century

human error is absolutely a factor, do you think this particular pipeline is human error proof?

muh safe pipeline
no such thing
>>
>>720139864
Water reservoirs are not issue, underground pipes don't often burst, yeah i can get the disputed land bit, and if the oil isn't supplying the states then what do they get from building it.
>>
>>720139789
The vast majority of those incidents are due to human error and manufacturing errors. Do your fucking homework.
>>
File: anything-trump.jpg (48KB, 640x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anything-trump.jpg
48KB, 640x500px
>>720133484
Pick highly related.

Also ifunny, just to piss you NEETs off.
>>
>>720139958
or hydroelectric or nuclear or solar or wind or where it applies geothermal yes
>>
>>720139466
Not taking a position in favor, or against, but in answer to your question:
They fuck-up and break and/or leak.
Like with significant enough frequency to consider.
You just don't hear about it all the time because it's not "news" unless it dumps into a river, or something.
Fairly recently about half of a sizable town in Arkansas got covered in crude oil when an Exxon pipeline ruptured.
>>
>>720140047
and this pipeline is completely protected from manufacturing/human error? source?
>>
>>720139867
but we could prove it with tax returns faggot, that is why we need them
>>
>>720138515
get the fuck out jidf shill, access to the internet is needed to organize the resistance against you dirty kikes.
>>
File: Merika51.jpg (78KB, 400x592px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Merika51.jpg
78KB, 400x592px
>>720138661
>We need jobs. Just because you live off your parents money doesn't mean the rest of us can.
Low to 0 skill jobs like threading a nut on a bolt. Then we can unionize and get great pay for having 0 skills.
America, fuck yeah!

Or are you a robot? If you are a robot Trump will bring jobs back to America for you.
>>
>>720137926
Minimum wage. People used to have minimum wage, and when cost of living goes up and you're not even making minimum wage. You get fucked.

Free College. Yeah because fuck education right. Let the poor people stay fucking poor and get no where in life.... sure assholes like you will say "get a better job" but without a better education they can't. Free colleges would be good. It would give the poor a fighting chance, and you could still have your Harvard and Yales.

Safe spaces: what does that have to do with Obama?

You have to face the facts. Republicans for the last few decades have constantly fucked shit up. Starting with one of the worst presidents of all time Reagan.
>>
>>720137775
They are fucking hypocrites that would give a shit if it was their candidate doing the signing. Anything that makes us less dependant on saudi oil is a huge step in the right direction.
>>
>>720133484
I feel like Trump is like IDK what im doing im just going to make a bunch of executive orders.
>>
>>720139608
jesus i'd be shocked if it /didn't/ burst
>>
File: 1480988952431.jpg (48KB, 524x772px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480988952431.jpg
48KB, 524x772px
>>720140175
no. tax returns wouldn't show shit.
>>
>>720140043
the water is an issue since you dont want to contaminate the water which this particular one is the only source the people use thus they get fucked. other pipelines avoid stuff like this so thats why its a big issue here since they could just go around.
the people get to build it and thats it. obama administration fucked over usa on stuff like this
>>
>>720140016
>IGNORING THE FACT THAT YOUR GREEN LIBERAL EPA APPROVED THE FUCK OUT OF IT
>>
>>720140399
Then why not release them?
>>
>>720140175
And what would that proof do? Cause you to REEEEEEEEEEEEE even louder?
>>
>>720140422
And less than a Year ago the keystone pipeline was already fucking leaking in america
>>
>>720136044
We don't, but oil companies have all the patents to alternate sources of fuel because jews so unless someone can develop a new water-powered car and then NOT sell the designs to an oil company we might have a chance.
>>
>>720140422
liberals ignoring something to further their agenda? gasp
>>
>>720140400
You're lying. The water that could possibly be contaminated is no longer being used and they have a better more advanced reservoir now purchased by the pipeline company. Even if they were going to use that old water source they couldn't now because the protesters contaminated it by digging shitholes all over.
>>
>>720140422
this isn't a partisan issue for me, and it's as much "my" EPA as it is yours

the EPA approving it means fuck all. pipelines fail. go look at the list of pipeline accidents. this is not a point you can successfully argue.

muh this pipelines is magic and won't fail
??? where's the evidence for this? lots of "safe" pipelines fail and your faggy epa argument doesn't help your case
>>
>>720140489
>he doesn't have to
there is literally nothing saying he has to release them. and if you want corrupt business practice the clintons have him beat by a long ass margin
>>
>>720140749
proof fag
>>
>>720140617
Above ground. Underground pipelines are the safest method by far.
>>
>>720140749
But that's not true at all
>>
>>720140366
OK
>>
>>720140231
Again with retarded people wanting to do away with shit that is there to protect them.

There are people who abuse unions no doubt. But take it from someone who worked for 30 years in the same fucking field in a non-union job only to be laid off because someone will come and do my job for much fucking cheaper.

30 fucking years I gave to the company, and because of money and wanting to maximize profits they decided to fuck me over. THIS is why unions are needed. So that a company who wants to make the most money they can, can't do that at the expense of the people who have worked for them for ages.

Now I'm looking for a job with a horribly dated education.
>>
>>720133484
Kek. Even our meme PM is allowing it to go through.

You fags are retarded.

A few years ago in a small town called Lac-M├ęgantic in Quebec had a bit of an oopsy. A train carrying oil exploded and destroyed the downtown core and killed 50 people.

Pipelines>trains.
>>
>>720140690
the point is that pipelines have significantly fewer accidents than either rail or tanker oil delivery.
>>
>>720138900
We all still here doe.
Shut the fuck up and stop bitching about shit you dont understand. Nobody has a legitimately man made climate change proof. No one has figured it out yet, we could just be going through the natural chnages of our planet as we orbit around the galaxy.
>>
>>720140684
Enough with the shit posting meme
>>
File: topkek.png (338KB, 790x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
topkek.png
338KB, 790x1080px
>>720140489
1. Because it makes liberals extremely mad for no reason.
>>
>>720140749
He said he will be the most transparent, and get rid of the corruption, then fails to prove he is not corrupt and that we should take his word on it, because someone that is corrupt would never deny it or anything
>>
>>720140902
"we're all still here doe"
"we orbit around the galaxy"
"stop making stupid arguments"

pick one
>>
>>720133484
you post this thinking i'm dumb enough to take a bite
>>
Great. Hope it bursts and kills some Americans.
>>
>>720140690
Jesus Christ you're an idiot. You do realize there's more than one pipeline design right? There's a fucking pipeline running under your house and into your stove. How often does that leak? I'm guessing nearly never because it's safely situated under ground. There's a fuckton of pipelines running under literally every street in America.
>>
>>720140902
A: yes we have, it's in this thread
B: even if it's a natural cycle, why not take means to prevent any damage were causing?

This idea we do 0 environmental changes is borderline full retard.
>>
>>720141154
meanwhile in whogivesafuckistan
>>
>>720141195
Also I wish troll logic was still accompanied by a picture.

I almost took you seriously
>>
File: triggered.jpg (48KB, 599x570px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
triggered.jpg
48KB, 599x570px
>>720141049
Are you talking about Barak Obama?
>>
>>720140966
What the fuck are you even saying? You're a moron.
>>
Ausfag here. We find it hilarious that you yanks literally care so much about politics. You guys choose sides and argue over dumbshit too much.

Why can't you be more like masterrace Australia and just consider any and all politicians as shifty cunts. You're not supposed to actually like or trust ANY of them.

Also you guys will never have a non-rigged election until you get rid of your electoral college shit and instate compulsory voting. Just saying.
>>
>>720141195
complete anecdote but there was actually a gas leak on my street on christmas

probably mooslims

"Keystone, which runs about 2,150 miles from tar sands in Alberta, Canada, to refineries in the U.S. Midwest, is less than a decade old. After being commissioned in 2010, it reportedly recorded 35 leaks in its first year alone, including a spill of 21,000 gallons of oil in North Dakota."
>>
>>720140902
It was China
>>
File: PolishFishermen.jpg (40KB, 540x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PolishFishermen.jpg
40KB, 540x281px
>>720141088
No..., THIS is a fishing 'pole'.
>>
>>720140841
>50 people dying > contamination of an entire town's water supply

Okay.
>>
>>720141300
You're an idiot. You're an absolute fucking moron. You're the type of idiot that probably thinks nuclear energy is polluting the environment.
>>
>>720134165
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) data on pipeline incidents in the last 20 years indicates that "Significant incidents" number at 5675 since 1996, or about 300 per year. That's a "significant" incident most days of each of the last 20 years. Add in 347 fatalities, 1346 injuries and a cost of 7 and a half billion dollars in damages in that same period (not to mention the threat of climate change) and you might begin to see why people have a problem with our current pipeline coverage, moves to expand them and indeed our addiction to fossil fuels more generally.

http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/pipeline/library/data-stats/pipelineincidenttrends
>>
>>720141204
The idea we, as an entire race, could permanently negatively impact the entire planet, through just byproducts, is beyond arrogant and narcissistic.
>>
>>720141331
i don't want anyone retarded enough not to vote voting

although i do agree with you about the electoral college

maybe no one argues about australia because the entire continent could burn and nobody would notice
>>
>>720141444
kek
>>
>>720141303
>cant have a dialog without mentioning Hillary or Obama
Many such cases. So sad!
>>
File: 1485276517612.jpg (119KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1485276517612.jpg
119KB, 1024x683px
>>720133484
The ENTIRE environment is now died thanks to pres trunk
>>
>>720140318
>Minimum wage. People used to have minimum wage, and when cost of living goes up and you're not even making minimum wage. You get fucked.
Minimum wage. The minimum goes up but wages above that do not. Meanwhile prices inflate due to the increase in min wage. All the money flows up to the top. the rich get richer, the poor stay poor, and the middle class become poor. Increased Min wage means a better life if the neighboring state doesn't receive it and stays a good place to shop and buy housing. When it happens nationally it helps the rich.
>Free College. Yeah because fuck education right. Let the poor people stay fucking poor and get no where in life.... sure assholes like you will say "get a better job" but without a better education they can't. Free colleges would be good. It would give the poor a fighting chance, and you could still have your Harvard and Yales.
Yeah lets buy hobby degrees with absolutely 0 earning potential for poor people who want to say they are a philosopher, gender studies master, art appreciation jedi, theater star, etc.
Loans and grants should only be given to people with marketable degrees. Free education would have to work the same way (and if you are poor you should sign over your fertility rights for the free education. no point in wasting tax payer dollars because you decided to "make babby!" during you Sr year, and drop out).
>>
>>720141331
>. You're not supposed to actually like or trust ANY of them
Literally stopped being a big meme in the 80's
>Ausfags able to understand the purpose of the electoral college
Shit up another thread.
>>
>>720141300
So what? Gas and water are just magically teleported into your household appliances?
see
>>720139029
>>
>>720141204
>B: even if it's a natural cycle, why not take means to prevent any damage were causing?

The appropriate action would depend to a huge extent on how much damage we are actually causing -- my view is that demonstrable changes in global temperature are not causing any actual damage, nor are likely to in the future, based on what actual trends are as opposed to models that have been consistently wrong in predicting trends.

So the need to do much about it seems small.

Further, the cost of what you want to do is a factor. Leftists have a huge shopping-list of leftist nonsense that they want to impose, which would be hugely expensive in terms of monetary costs, as well as human costs accrued from degraded lifestyles. Not all of us want to live in a tree and eat raw squirrel with you guys, Fairly simple and very safe geoengineering concepts are out there that could be subjected to testing, and quickly discontinued if there were negative effects (SO2 spraying at high altitude mimics the ways in which volcanoes naturally cool the atmosphere, for example.) But solving the problem (warming) is not of interest to the Left unless it also involves wealth redistribution and Luddite nonsense where we all get to freeze to death in the dark for the greater glory of Gaea.
>>
>>720135555
They really don't. I know a lot of crackpot backwater internet blog "scientists" through work who are devout Christians that are staunch believers in both the young Earth theory (and even some flat Earth) and that climate change has nothing to do with us and is just how things go. Most of them cite "WELL WE HAD A COUPLE ICE AGES! WAS THAT OUR FAULT TOO?!"
>>
>>720141709

answer me asshole

>>720141392
>>
>>720137236
That actually tells nothing cause the climate always changes. I dont deny the anthropological greenhouse-effect, but you are talking bs. It's not the temperature change that proves anything, it's the concentration of co2 and other gasses that favour said greenhouse-effect. When you look back in human history there were quite some bigger climate changes in shorter timeperiods than a century. When we look at fckw, methan or co2 concentration we are at an all-time high(in human history)because we release lot's of them by burning fossil fuels, using chemical products or breeding billions of animals for meat and milk production.
Temperaturechange doesnt prove shit. Chemical analysis of the atmosphere does. If you want to doubt that these gasses have an impact on our climate ( the greenhouse effect), you can do it. Doubting that these gasses exist or have the POTENTIAL to impact our climate (suggested by scientific experiments) makes you either an expert who knows something the public doesnt know or a retard. It's not religion it's science and you are free to prove ppl wrong.
Tl;dr temperature change doesnt mean shit; the greenhouseeffect is likely to exist; you are all idiots and i am cool.
>>
>>720141650
Wages above that typically rise with the bottom rising.

That's also not how money works
>>
>>720141650
>>720141767
>>720141807

is anyone else not reading this regardless of whose side its on
>>
>>720140617
How many leaks compared to shipping the oil by ship/truck/train?

It is not a question of whether the oil will be transported and used, that will happen in some way, to some place, regardless.
>>
>>720138892
This
>>
>>720136237
ITT: hypnotized children and duhvironmint non-science
>>
File: foil hat 2.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
foil hat 2.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>720140628
>>
>>720137494
isn't that just gas?
>>
>>720133484
Yeah that one pipeline sure is going to destroy the world. It couldn't be the other hundreds of thousands of miles of pipeline already in place and operating. Fuck tards.
>>
>>720133484

Well, there goes dependency on foreign oil & the high gas prices.
>>
>>720141807
You know people hoist the temperature change because it's the only thing mouth breathers might be able to process, right?

And it's still a verifiable BFD
>>
>>720141650
>Yeah lets buy hobby degrees with absolutely 0 earning potential for poor people who want to say they are a philosopher, gender studies master, art appreciation jedi, theater star, etc.
Retarded fucking thinking. They're trying to better themselves, and have a fighting chance and it would literally cost you penny's but your such a fucking dick that you're against it.

You're full of hate for people, and you're gonna get cancer because of it. And not be able to pay for it since it's such a costly disease to fight.
>>
>>720141558
>this
The earth will be there for a long time after we die. Just because it becomes uninhabitable for us eventually doesn't mean we fucked the "environment" it just moved on. The end of humanity doesn't mean the end of the world.
>>
>>720137092
It takes detonation of 100 nuclear warheads in lake superior to get the water temp to raise 1 degree.
>>
>>720141807
Cite these "bigger climate changes in shorter timeperiods"

All of this sounds like the recent shift in rhetoric climate change deniers have taken. Don't outright deny it anymore because even idiots are aware of its reality at this point, just obfuscate the point with misdirection and claim climate change isn't actually a big deal because . . . because . . .
>>
>>720141989
>foreign oil & the high gas prices.
Not realizing opec will do what it did last year, and just produce the fuck out of oil to piss us off, making it worthless
>>
>>720141769
There was a water main burst on my street not long ago. Something can considering safe and advanced and still fall prey to human error, manufacturing defects, natural occurrences. Nobody here is campaigning that is 100% perfect without any form of flaw or defect, just that it is a more reliable and safer alternative to trains or trucks. But fuck, if you're too dense to understand that by now then how the fuck am I going to change your mind, asshole?
>>
>>720140690
>go look at the list of pipeline accidents.

Sure, will do.

You go look up the list of spills by other methods to transport oil. Perhaps we will both learn something.

But my hunch is that, whatever method were to be used, even the one that leaks least, you'd bitch about the leaks.

Fucking Luddites.
>>
>>720133484
is this good or bad? seriously. lay out the pros and cons.
>>
>>720133484
FINALLY!

Unless you walk or bike everywhere....fuck you OP
>>
>>720142122
inb4 getting called out on my many typos by niggers who demand perfect grammar and spelling on an image board.
>>
>>720142127
yep you got me i'd probably bitch about any pipelines leaking

what a bitchy bitchin bitch
>>
>>720138032
underrated post.
>>
>>720142117
Since gas is already 1.20 higher than it was in October. I am all for this.

Though I know the savings will not be passed onto me
>>
File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 177x284px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 177x284px
>>720137558
>Dems come in and fix it.

Kek

Dems can't fix shit.
>>
>>720141769
That guy isn't even me you moron. You said it yourself it's an anecdote. It's virtually worthless in an argument and the keystone shit's been addressed a ton in the thread already. You're just autisticly screeching the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>720138032
>Not SUPERIOR cold-fusion star-in-a-jar
pleb
>>
>>720140119
thank you
>>
>>720141543
Kinda interesting -- you let slip that it is not the pipeline, the method of transport, that you object to, you just want to fore everybody else to freeze in the dark without energy to run a civilization.

Tell you what -- you guys cut your oil use to zero, leave the rest of us alone. That should put a huge dent in fossil fuel consumption, given how many of you there are.

And perhaps you will learn something as you sit there, teeth chattering, contemplating the wall.
>>
>>720142170
I drive a tesla, that I charge at my house powerd with solar panels faggot
>>
>>720142127
Hmmn, it's almost as if our dependancy on oil is detrimental in and of itself...
>>
>>720133602
Hilarious
>>
>>720133789
No, you still don't understand WHY he won.

This tone is not a tone. It is what the majority wants. No more being paralyzed by a few kooks that hate humans.
>>
>>720141568
Hey now! Some of us like kangaroos and wombats and shit...
>>
>>720142365
Please explain to me why Kansas is such a declining shithole for being a conservatives wet dream then?
>>
>>720142022
buying them an unmarketable hobby degree does them less good than buying them a blinged out escalade and will cost more.
With gender victimization degree they spend 5 (4 year degrees take an average of 5 years) years out of the workforce living on teh tax payer's dime. after that they are just as able to get a barista job as they were 5 years earlier.
With the Escalade they can spend 5 years serving coffee to get to that same point.
You for buying a blinged out Escalade for (yourself I assume) and all the other poor people?
Even for marketable degrees you have to lock down how much college costs otherwise colleges will gouge the system (tax payers)
>>
>>720142127
But if the argument is long term damage pipelines are still massively dangerous over all. Just because you want to compare who stole how many cookies, doesn't mean someone didn't.
People aren't luddites (not that you know what that means) because they don't want flammable water coming out of their faucet. Fuck you.
>>
>>720142546
>majority
try again
>>
>>720142127

alright, i did. looks like as far as oil spilled it goes truck > pipeline > rail > boat

>>720142399
well, i did say it was an anecdote. just trying to lighten up a nasty debate that has no impact on the world anyways.

answer the point about the flaws in pipeline design, though. i don't think it's fair to say that there aren't going to be any problems just because the EPA, which you disparage anyways, says it's "pretty safe"
>>
>>720142454
>I drive a tesla
>I have solar panels
>my wife puts me in chastity while she fucks black men
>she hasn't touched me in 4 years
>>
>>720134380
LOL....You are a fool. The majority knows it's not a crisis and will never be.
>>
>>720138116
Seriously. COL has become so fucking high in so many places that it isn't Millennials are lazy for wanting to be paid more for less but that they're getting tired of working hard for less than they could get for the same wage as past generations could.
>>
>>720141872
Hell, I didn't read it, and I wrote one of them.

Most discourse on /pol/ consists of "write only" posts.
>>
>>720142723
i've been on /pol/ exactly once
>>
>>720142698
I don't have a wife though
>>
>>720141305
>On 4chan
>Can understand shit posting, or meme
Please click the little x in the upper right corner of your screen.
>>720141709
False comparison, you dumb faggot. Is your troll logic content yet?
>>
>>720142618
>try again

Minus Cali's illegals and you try again. This is why democrats are so against voting ID laws.
>>
>>720142365
Except they have, again and again.

Fixed shit after Reagan and George broke it.
Fixed shit after George Jr. broke it

And no doubt they will be there to fix shit after Trump breaks it.
>>
>>720137864
None of what you say argues against what I stated. International price of oil does not affect who buy from who; costs to import/export the oil does. You have to pay for transportation and its much cheaper to buy the oil from Canada instead of Saudi Arabia if the pipeline is built. The only reason the price has dropped is because there is a surplus of oil in the arabic regions do to a low economic performance in most countries.
>>
File: 45e.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
45e.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>720133484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCZB97E45M
>>
>>720133484
Before: everything was fine
After: we are now totally fucked.
>>
>>720142034
Holy shit you're retarded
>>
File: 1391795357714.gif (931KB, 210x118px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391795357714.gif
931KB, 210x118px
>>720133484
Oil is going to be a major resource with or without internal combustion engines, you bottomfeeding starbucks combover.
>Plastics, lubricants, your buttplug collection
>>
>>720142122 here

>>720142645
You lighten up a nasty debate by calling me an asshole? Fuck you.
>>
>>720142578
You keep saying it's unmarketable degree, like they're going to choose womens studies instead of something relevant. Poor people who would actually go to school aren't going to waste the opportunity on a shit degree. Rich white people do that.
>>
>>720142258
So you'll bitch about whatever method is used to transport oil? Fine, then your opinion can be disregarded.

The oil is going to be transported, those of us who want to look at risk/benefit as we select methods to move it can have a conversation without you.
>>
>>720142835
Keep speculating with your "alternative facts"
>>
>>720142645
They don't just say it's pretty safe. It's the safest in American history. Just because it can fail doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. By that logic we shouldn't be flying planes or sailing boats.
>>
>>720137225
But it isn't "better"

Paying 3x for energy for no reason harms everyone except mega rich assholes like Gore and members of the IPCC.
>>
>>720142962
that wasn't me, just sayin'
>>
>>720137331
>implying oil is a renewable resource
>>
Fake....
>>
>>720137728
I wish this was true, but it is not. Most tree huggers here are
>Muh chernobyl
>I don't want no mutants

Retards...
>>
>>720133602
Mmmmh~
>>
>>720142835
Voter ID laws don't help determine illegals since illegals can't vote anyway.

Not having them encourages lazy Americans to vote
What % of Americans who could vote this election didn't? 40 something? I see that as them having enough deterrents already.
>>
File: images-342339.png (1MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images-342339.png
1MB, 960x1280px
>Go to s,n,a,p,c,h,a,t,y,C,O,M
>Leak anyones nudes here
>Thank me later
>>
>>720143029
you know how rare it is for a plane to crash? something like 28,000 flights a day in the us alone and maybe 3-4 crashes a year. oil pipelines on the other hand fail super, super, super often
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 33



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.