[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've fucked up /b/, I've fucked up bad and I need your

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

I've fucked up /b/, I've fucked up bad and I need your help.

I'm an 18 year old, and I recently came out to my parents and told them that I am not sure about the existence of a God, and no longer want to be a Muslim. I've told them that keeping up the lie of being a Muslim has made me unhappy, and not only was I lying to myself but I was also lying to them.

Being very religious, they obviously weren't happy about this at all. They're currently in the process of deciding whether to disown me or not.

I've tried to explain to them what I believed in (Agnosticism), but they can't seem to grasp the fact that I choose to say that I don't agree with both theism and atheism. They've been constantly telling me about how there's all this scientific stuff in the Quran that couldn't have possibly been known by people at the time, and that's the proof that the Quran is the word of God. No matter how much I try to explain that the stuff in there is mostly guesses, or taken from previous studies, they won't budge.

I tried to explain that evolution is (most likely) the truth, and that really angered them. They didn't want to think that we evolved from ape-like beings. They keep telling me how it's not possible for us to have taught ourselves how to speak, how to read/write, etc.

I'm not trying to convince my parents that what I believe in is correct, and that they're wrong. I just want them to be able to see my side of this argument and accept the fact that I've changed my views.

I need something that I can show them to back up my claims. They keep telling me that the only reason I don't believe in God is because I haven't read enough. I've read the entirety of the Quran, both in Arabic and in English. It's just not believable to me. They're making me visit an Imam so I can ask him questions and he can convince me to stick with Islam.

What do I do? I need them to understand that just because I think that we cannot know all the answers, doesn't mean they're correct.
>>
well, im glad you came to your senses, sandperson
>>
>>720107119
Thanks.

To make matters worse though, I live in the Middle East. But at least it's one of the not so full-on Islamic countries: Lebanon.
>>
I was raised Christian and told my parents pretty much the same thing. It took them a couple of years to come round, but once they realised I was the same person, and hadn't suddenly began sacrificing children, doing drugs and fucking anything that moved, they accepted it.
>>
>>720106953
>they keep telling me how it's not possible for us to have taught ourselves how to speak, how to read/write, etc.

well to be fair its not really know how humanity developed language.

personally, i think language was a gift from aliens.
>>
File: 1425932446348.jpg (92KB, 800x493px) Image search: [Google]
1425932446348.jpg
92KB, 800x493px
>>720106953
by the beard of the prophet
>tell your parents that you will no longer be worshipping anything but the sweet loins of Shaitan.
Fuck that shit, if Allah is so real, how come your asshole haven't been invaded by the USA yet?
>>
Oh, and after I told them how evolution works and how homo sapiens and shit came to be, my mother went and looked up some stuff on the internet.

Now she's telling me that according to Islam, God created a type of beings that are humanoid to put on this Earth before Adam. And that explains the whole evolution thing.

Yep. Adam was put here about 14,000 years ago, and he was tall as fuck. So where his children.

But don't worry about why there aren't fossils in Mecca of extremely tall humans. Just accept it.
>>
>>720107733
kek, language developed from mumbling. People back in the days weren't retards like other animals so they used smecific mumble for each thing and thats how it was. Later some autists decided to write down the mumbles and viola we learnt how to write. You need to be a fucking savant to think it was a gift from aliens or from a god or whatever shit.
>>
>>720106953
One of my closest friends is a very devout Muslim, and I recently told him I was gay. I expected him to lash out, and at first he did, but the next day he came to me and said (something along the lines of) "there's a lot of things in this world I don't understand. But my God speaks to me every day. So even though these things exist and I think they are wrong, I know that one day God will help me to understand. I have faith that He will help me understand you. Until then, you are still my friend. I may not understand you yet, but you are still my friend regardless."

Hopefully your family will have a similar faith in their God, and they will be able to accept the differences between you, even if they don't understand. Good luck anon.
>>
>>720106953
Op, if you are living with and financially dependent on your parents, then stfu.

Great, you are right about the universe, and now you have no home or money.

So go to your mosque, be a good little raghead, and then, when you have your own life, believe whatever you want to.

Jesus fuck, doesnt matter where you are, everyone has to be so fucking religiedgy.
>>
>>720108368
I couldn't keep it in any longer, anon. I was depressed as fuck and even tried to kill myself once already because of how much I hated having to keep it hidden.

It's a huge relief to have told them this, but now I've got another problem. I just need them to be able to understand my opinion.
>>
>>720107258
are more middle easterns waking up?

I've met some arabs that are pretty chill outside of the fact they believe everybody who isn't islamic should die. Seriously, you did good putting the religion of ceaseless hate behind you.
>>
>>720106953
Well being disowned isn't the worst thing considering in some countries leaving Islam is punishable by death
>>
>>720108525
Let me clarify a bit then anon.

Its okay to have your opinion, and I'm glad you feel better now.

But your parents are not going to agree with you, and trying to convince them makes you look like an ass.

So, tell them that you respect their views, and you are just trying to find yourself and your faith. Maybe dress it up with Allah a couple times. Say you don't know if you'll always feel this way, but you need to explore it so that you can get closer to God, yadda, bullshit, etc.

Key thing, stop fucking arguing with your parents faggot.
>>
>>720106953
Same case as you anon
Except I wasn't retarded enough to expect people who believe in a pedophile who flies to outer space on the back of a mule with a head of a woman to accept my changed views and my side of the argument
>>
File: 1485255898545.jpg (224KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485255898545.jpg
224KB, 853x1280px
>>720106953
Can't say how fucked you are.
What is the penalty in Lebanon for Apostasy?

Also, it's not about the truth anymore. Humans are habitual by nature, so if you believe something for long enough, it simply becomes 'convenient' to continue believing it, even if it makes no sense.
This is even more relevant if you happen to live in a society that REVOLVES AROUND said beliefs.

tl;dr I don't think you can change them, but you can do whatever you want

that is if you don't get stoned to death first

fingers crossed for you, really.
>>
>>720108529
To answer your question, yes, aside from the gulf region. I am from a gulf country, and eventhough a lot but still a very low minority are "waking up', but they are mostly conservative.
>>
>>720106953
im still living in this lie.
>>
>>720106953
Religious people are delusional.
There is no point arguing with them.
Just be free.
>>
>>720108921
I see your point. I want to be able to just ignore this argument now that I've told them about it, but they won't let it go. I told them that I'll continue to respect their views, and all I ask in return is that they respect mine. I had absolutely no intention of trying to get them to agree with my views.

>>720109022
I actually brought up the fact that Muhammad married a 6 year old to my mother after she expressed her disapproval of Arab men who married young children. Her opinion is that it's Arab culture, not Islam, that is the problem.

She said that although Muhammad married a girl at the age of 6, he didn't have sex with her until she was 14. And that's all that matters.

>>720109088
Not sure. I hope it's not stoning or death.
>>
They'll never understand your perspective if they're willing to disown you in the first place solely because of "muh holy book". Sorry buddy, you're just gonna need to fly free on this one.
>>
>>720107119
Massive keks
>>
Hey op, considering Jesus is the way, truth, and the life and that no man come before the father buy by Him, I can see why you would feel a disconnect from the father. Before some sin you committed, to create this disconnect I am sure the old ways worked for you and you felt the awesome and mighty hand at work in your life and then BAM, a disconnect. Accept Christ before you burn in hell for your sin. Thats what Jesus is for. To reach the lost and wash them of their sin.
>>
File: IMG_8459.jpg (76KB, 764x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8459.jpg
76KB, 764x576px
Show them these two videos, there's nothing better to show them

https://youtu.be/3smk04Xt5mw
Skip to 8:20 for the first video, that's when the important stuff is discussed

All he says is 100% true and confirmed by the quran and muslims themselves

https://youtu.be/WG6mUaMXCGA
>>
>>720106953
Maybe try to talk about how your not really stopped believing, just that your not saying the Quran is the only set "truth"? :)
>>
>>720109348
>waiting 8 years
Yeah seems legit
>>
File: 1308848744090.jpg (71KB, 640x507px) Image search: [Google]
1308848744090.jpg
71KB, 640x507px
>>720109524
>that no man come before the father buy by Him
I know this is bait, but I still had to read that a few times.
>>
Honestly, I feel for you, but your parents aren't going to give you the respect you want.

They just aren't. Consider how they grew up, consider their parents, all that. They think they're right- and they most likely also think that questioning is inherently wrong, so they've put it out of their minds.

I feel for you, and I hope it doesn't end up going too badly for you, but- it may honestly be best to keep to yourself until you're on your own.
>>
>>720109696
but* sorry hit the y instead. my bad.
>>
>>720109348
Whelp anon, I'm not quite sure the best path if they are being pushy about it, and won't drop it. What I would probably do (not sure if its good advice or not):

Hmmm, yea, I guess I see your point. Huh, does it really say that in the Koran, I didn't know that? Yea, I guess I should look at that passage. Hmmm, good point good point.

Religious folks like to feel secure in their faith, and its much easier to feel secure in their faith when everyone else around them is. So throw them a bone, let them feel like they are getting through. And then use that as a segway to start "studying" on your own.

That way they feel more secure, and you don't have to completely abandon your convictions.

I have very religious in laws and spend much of my time with them using this tact. Have they caught on, probably, but eventually they just kind of stopped talking about it.
>>
>>720109574
>show your islamic parents this video of some conspiracy theorist

>implying that would go well
>>
>>720106953
Commit Suicide. Your father will likely cut off your head with a dull knife anyway. You know, it's an "honor thing." After all, Muslim are STILL "ape-like beings," so it's obvious that evolution didn't work on them.
>>
>>720108921
This guy has it right anon. Just put up with the bullshit until you're independent.

There's so much bullshit to put up with in life, i'm sure u can handle this.
>>
>>720109524
Stfu
>>
>>720106953
find someone your parents could respect and who is willing to tell them that they should let you belive what you want.

I doubt that Imam would do it though
>>
>>720107766
that pic is making me feel uneasy
>>
Just play along so you dont get stoned
>>
my dad is muslim and he's cool with me not being religious, i don't even think he's that religious anyway, he drinks and i'm not sure if he prays
>>
>>720106953
Gtfo your sandnigger country and move to a civilized country. I don't mind sandniggers here in Germany as long as they're not mudslimes and are willing to integrate. I would even respect them for willing to stand out from the herd.
>>
>>720106953
My recommendation: get out of their household. You don't need that kind of shit.
>>
My parents say that they'd rather I don't pray, drink alcohol, eat pork, etc. but believe in the Islamic God, than to continue restricting myself from those things out of respect of the household while not believing in the existence of God.

What should I do? Just go along with it? How can I believe in an Islamic God and not pray to him?

Should I tell them that I believe in a God not tied to any religion?

>>720112291
I'm only 18, and don't even have a job yet. But once I make enough money to support myself I'm going to move out. And once I've saved up enough I'm going to live in a country outside of the Middle East.
>>
Dear op:

You're living your life with the assumption that you and your parents have to always be on the same page. You don't.

The duty of a son/daughter is to be better than their parents. Of course you'll disagree. Of course your parents will hate it.

That doesn't mean changing and having your parents adapt to your reality though.

My mom is an idiot. My dad, academically inclined, got a theology degree. Both are strict Christians.

Me? Took my Dad's academic inclination, and from my mom I got my libido (I'd come to learn that my mom is a sex fiend - a disgusting fact, but one that explains a lot about me).

Long story short, my parents think I'm a PhD Christian faithful to my wife, when in fact I have 3 side chicks (two of them are friends with benefits in my own department: yes, nepotism), and I don't give two shits about god.

Life is great. For me at least.
>>
>>720106953
U r dependant on ur parents. Just smile and nod for now. Once u r able to live without them just bail.
If u have huge balls tho, continuebto disagree, get disowned, and encourage others to do the same. Start a movement. U r not the only one that is in the same situation as u. Maybe that will encourage positive change in the world.
>>
>>720112532
This will probably lead to instant death. Keep in mind that he lives in a sandnigger country without freedom of speech.
>>
>>720108525

>wants to kill self because can't express opinion

Ok, you're either a 14 year old girl or are fleshing out a part in your next book.

Which is it, son?
>>
>>720108107
It's not easy for fossils to form. The absence of fossils can't really deny the existance of a species, but even if they did exist, why does it matter how tall they were?
>>
>>720106953
Cheese it. Run off to somewhere in europe.
Dont come to Australia.
>>
>>720112836
I was depressed, anon. I was lying to myself and to my parents every single day about my belief in Islam.

>>720112919
>why does it matter how tall they were?

Because according to the Quran, Adam and Eve, and their descendants, were ridiculously tall. I'm not talking like ridiculously tall for our standards, I mean inhumanely tall.

>>720112975
>Dont come to Australia

Is it because you're full?
>>
Seems to me you may be pushing your agnosticism on them in the same way they pushed their religion on to you. Both parties only want the other to understand their point of view right? Its how wars start. Let it go, they won't understand in the way you want them to in the same way you wont understand their blind faith in the way you want them to. Speak to your Imam about your concerns and hope he is forward thinking and understands and can bridge the widening gap between you and your folks. At the same time don't push your folks to see your perspective, just you be you and let them be them
>>
quran and science dont contradict and is u leave islam then thats like giving up on thousands of years of history that paved the way for the west u should be shamed of yourself and your dad should slap the shit out of you better go study some arabic or memorize a surah
>>
shame on you for saying you dont belive in Allah anymore but Allah gave you the mind the think with if it wasnt for allah you would not have been born
>>
>>720108525
Become an hero. If 12yo girl can do so can you anon. Don't be a pussy, you don't believe in 72 virgins, so no risk there
>>
>>720107766
Shai-hulud you fucking heathen>>720108107
>>
>>720107766
Shai-hulud you fucking heathen
>>
>>720108921
I would tend to agree with this anon. Tell them you want to grow spiritually, there are many paths to god and you want to define what that means to you. You're aren't saying islam is incorrect but you want to define your relationship with God, ect better
>>
File: johllgct.jpg (30KB, 386x400px) Image search: [Google]
johllgct.jpg
30KB, 386x400px
>>720106953
>I don't believe in God is because I haven't read enough.
usually its the other way around... tell em that
>>
>>720106953
Are your parents trying and willing to kill you?
If not, they're not real muslims either.

I feel sorry for you that you ahve so stoopid parents
>>
>>720108232
That's from Skins you cunt
>>
>>720106953
Doesn't Islam allow you to convert one time?
>>
>>720108232
I'm pretty fucking sure that's from skins
>>
>>720107258
>evolution
Stopped reading
>>
>>720106953
Well you have learned the first lesson; Never argue with fanatics.

As you are just 18, and probably can't afford to live on your own yet, I suggest you let them take you to the Imam, and pretend you've been convinced.

In time you'll be able to move out, move away, and have or not have your own religious practices, but as long as you are dependent on them, you cannot afford to be on bad terms with their religious asses.

I ma really sorry for you OP, but this is how things are. You have to keep up appearances, and endure while you try to carve a happy future for yourself
>>
>>720112488
You're a living example by which we should all follow. If you have a newsletter, I will subscribe. How would one go about apprentice'ing under you?
>>
>>720106953
>>720107258

Anon, I'm actually worried for you. Does Lebanon fall under Shariah Law? Is your life at risk from admitting all this to your parents?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.