[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i thought i wanted to enlist but now I'm not sure. I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

So i thought i wanted to enlist but now I'm not sure. I already signed and swore in but I'm scared and i really don't want to go. I haven't left for bootcamp yet so is there anyway out i don't think i can do this
>>
You're getting cold feet right before you go, don't a bitch and take the plunge
>>
I agree don't pussy out
>>
>>719846038
>>719846190
No its more than that i really don't think i should do this i just watched a documentary called "open ears eyeballs click" and i don't want this
>>
Don't do it dude, USA is going to war right away, did you hear all that shit trump said about winning? War is great I want to win war, but you might get out of training and hit the battlefield right away. That's all
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 800x800px
>>719845823
>I already signed and swore in
>Is there anyway out i don't think i can do this
Nope.
Uniform Code of Military Justice
Art 85. Desertion.
Art 86. Absent without leave.
Don't worry. Your Social Security Number will be flagged so everyone (future employers, etc.) will know that the USMC is looking for you.

We're glad /x/ could help
>>
john is this you
its okay baby
>>
>>719846503
No it was a mistake is there anyone i can talk to? I didn't think this through
>>
>>719846383
Thats why i don't want this
>>
>>719845823
Bootcamp is too ween out the weaklings. It's chock full of other kids who are unsure as well. Just go do it, you can leave after they see you're an actual bumbling retard.

Don't desert now, just do this one little thing so you can actually be proud you followed through with something in your life, even if nothing came of it.
>>
>>719846656
Nope, your stuck with this choice. Well, that is if you ever want a decent job ever again.
>>
>>719845823
zoopity doop doop shoop in my poop chute
>>
>>719846843
Hey dude, just remember it only takes one bullet from any gun to kill somebody. Whether it's you or the other guy. Your job is to make sure it's the other guy. Now go make trump proud
>>
http://ihatetheusmc.com/

It sucked so check the link
>>
>>719846886
So if i just fuck up enough in bootcamp they'll let me leave?
>>
>>719847095

Dude. If you're going to be this big of a pussy, just desert and live off the grid in canada or something.

You shouldn't be entering with the intention of fucking up. At least be a man and try to fucking fall in line and make an effort to better yourself
>>
>>719847095
That's not really how it works /b/ro. If you fuck up in boot camp the drill instructors make you want to stop fucking up. They're not there to weed out the weak ones. Half the Marine Corps is weak motherfuckers. They're there to graduate platoons and finish their tour on the drill field. But if you've only depped in you're not subject to the UCMJ and regardless of whatever dumbass threats your recruiter feeds you if you miss your ship date the reality is he's only gonna say those things cause he's losing a number from his monthly quota and his SNCOIC is probably gonna fuck him up for that.
>>
>>719845823
youre fucked op. only option is to fail so hard in bootcamp that you're a disgrace. (funfact, they encourage failures to an hero) or just pop yourself right now.

why'd you sign up in the first place? because you thought it would be like summer camp with target shooting and g.i joe?
>>
just shoot up the base and steal all the hot army women before u go :D
>>
>>719845823
If you haven't been to the MEPs station before shipping to RTC, you can always bail. Just tell your recruiter "lol jk" and that's that. You don't fall under the UCMJ until you graduate.
>>
You can quit up to you get on the bus after that your stuck.. but do t puss out you will regret it yeah the next 3 mo the are going to be shit but you come out filling like a fucking boss. I wish my gf would let me join the marines she agreed on the navy im was able to get corpsmen so in a way i get what i wanted
>>
>>719847599
I watched a documentary called open ears eyeballs click and i don't want it to be like that i knew it wouldn't be fun but not like that
>>
If you haven't left for basic yet, you are fine. Just don't show up to MEPs. Courtesy call to your recruiter would be nice. No matter what anyone tells you, you are good up until you get on that plane. Remember, they'll shit talk you and pressure you all they want, but no one can legally make you go.

Source: 11B Infantryman
>>
Marine here
Just do it bro, you'll be fine, I promise. Everybody felt like you do right now at one point, trust me. By 2nd phase that'll have washed away and you'll be doing the cooler shit, and by 3rd you'll feel confident as hell. Once you graduate it'll be the best feeling in your life. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>719845823
Dude you'll be fine, but watch out for military doctors....they are the real killers
>>
>>719847713
what was her reasoning for making you choose another branch?
>>
>>719847684
So I'm fine if i just don't show up and ignore their calls
>>
>>719845823
Welcome to enlistment. Happens to most of us.

If I could get through it, so can you. Work hard, don't act like a faggot, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>719847965
yes, they'll call whomever else you provided contact info for though. My pussy little cousin bailed on going to army basic and his recruiter called my grandma and told her there was a warrant for his arrest out lmao total bullshit
>>
File: Screenshot_20170122_034838.png (27KB, 619x339px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170122_034838.png
27KB, 619x339px
Its all about the minimum standards in bootcamp. Don't believe anything else. Bootcamp is easy as hell. Shitty as fuck and easy as hell.
>>
>>719847965
You should atleast let your recruiter know you've changed your mind. They'll show up at your door and be all like "wtf bro" otherwise. The "swearing in" and DEP meetings are just formalities.
>>
>>719848093
You're full of shit
http://girightshotline.org/en/military-knowledge-base/topic/delayed-entry-program-discharge-dep-discharge
>>
>>719848269
Dude, you're fucking stupid. You think some over worked 26 year old who is under enormous promotion based pressure to make quota ISN'T going to do everything he can to get his shippers to catch the bus on game day? If so, stop being dumb. Recruiters are greasy bastards.
>>
>>719847684
>You don't fall under the UCMJ until you graduate.
Wrong
>>
>>719846503
This.
Signed on and sworn in... you're in the army now, faggot. Might as well get used to it.

Protip: don't get shot or blown up. Hurts like a motherfucker. Unless you die.... then I guess it hurts a lot less.
>>
>>719847841
bro if its the bootcamp that's giving you cold feet you're doomed. If you wanted this just to have a foot to stand on above civilians you should've just signed up for the reserves. A weekend of drills and all the civilian-superiority you could ever want.
>>
>>719848494
No, he's right. You aren't subject to the UCMJ until you've been actually briefed on your article 15 rights, for Marines that occurs while you stand on yellow footprints.
>>
>>719848484
Again, as I said before he can't do anything legally. He'll harrass OP all day probably but in the end he's safe.
>>
>>719848595
I got cold feet when I had the guy drive up to take me to basic. I ended up getting through it just fine. Didn't even get dropped back or anything.

It happens. OP's a scared kid. Most kids who enlist feel the same way.
>>
>>719848648
That was literally what I was saying, is that the recruiter will harass whomever he has contact info for relating to OP. If it were illegal to call alternate contacts how would recruiters find out about poolees that can't ship for other reasons like death or hospitalization?
>>
File: Again....jpg (58KB, 401x488px) Image search: [Google]
Again....jpg
58KB, 401x488px
>>719845823
There is no courage without fear. Be scared, be afraid, become a soldier and then become a marine. Join like it was your last option. Then you will succeed.
Ubique, Bitch!
>>
File: 1st BN 4th MAR logo.jpg (10KB, 190x240px) Image search: [Google]
1st BN 4th MAR logo.jpg
10KB, 190x240px
Also, for my bros in the thread, Hail Mattis.
>>
File: 1st MArine.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1st MArine.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>719848977
1st Marines for the win!

Jokes, we all Bruhs!
>>
>>719845823
Don't go. No need, go to college or do something you love.

By the way you don't have to. You are not obligated until after you get to boot.

You don't even have to tell them just don't show if you dont want to go..
>>
Dying isn't something you can be proud of.
>>
>>719846656
You don't have to go, they can't do anything.

You are not in the military. You don't get a discharge.

They may threaten you but you don't have to go.

You don't even have to let them know.
>>
>>719846503
>>719846656
Talk to your recruiters. Tell them you quit. They'll be pissed but they actually can't do anything. Stop showing up to PT. Never go to Poole Functions. Don't show up on the ship date. They'll process you out of the system long before you were supposed to go to boot camp.
>>
>>719850994
He don't even have to do that. He can also tell them to stop calling if they bother him.
>>
>>719847095
Just quit now. Tell your recruiters you quit. You don't HAVE to go to boot camp.
>>
File: IMG_20150508_175548.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150508_175548.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>719845823
>>
>>719845823
Go to /meg/ faggot.
>>
>>719848977
>>719849224
Err!
>>
Unless you're 100% certain, don't go.
You'll be doing yourself a huge favor.
More importantly, you'll be doing all the other recruits/Marines-to-be a greater service.
No Marine wants to serve beside someone who isn't dedicated or can find within themselves the perseverance and focus required to become a Marine. Much less working in a dangerous environment beside someone with such extreme doubts.
The shit hits the fan, you have to KNOW the Marine beside you has your back, and you have theirs.
Period.

Have doubts, join the Army. Boy Scouts. Girl Scouts.
>>
My brother in law went through the same deal when he was like 18-19.

Thought he was tough shit, got baited and promised the world by this recruiter. After he talked to me about it I told him how it really goes down and that he'll be going bye-bye for a while. He decided to back out, called the recruiter and said he didn't want to join. Yes, the recruiter threatened him with a bunch of BS but nothing ever came of it. I'd recommend calling and just telling the recruiter straight up or they'll harass the hell out of you.
>>
>>719845823
Chop a foot or hand off, literally only way out aside from getting cancer.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.