[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Just rewatched Suicide Squad. Why do people hate it that much?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25

File: jokers.jpg (61KB, 992x558px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jokers.jpg
61KB, 992x558px
Just rewatched Suicide Squad. Why do people hate it that much? Its an okay film. What do people expect from the superhero genre?

Also, Jareds Leto was all right
>>
i love the film 100%
>>
>>718912830
this is b8
>>
>>718912830
They wanted more than decent.
>>
File: MayAlbl.png (846KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MayAlbl.png
846KB, 750x1334px
sn�pchatly.c�m to fuck over your best friend or ex tonight lol
>>
>>718912830
DC fans are upset that Marvel makes better mass appeal movies.
>>
>>718912830
it's a very poorly made film
you're just too stupid and uneducated to understand why
go read a book
>>
>>718912830
>What do people expect from the superhero genre?

I expect garbage. That's why I don't watch superhero movies. That, and I'm not a man child.
>>
>>718912830
Bait.

From an audiences perspective, it was okay.

From a DC fans perspective, it was good

From a filmographies perspective, it is hot fucking trash.

I agree though, I don't think Leto is horrible, he's just a different style. We would have to see more of him to decide fully.
>>
>>718912830
There was a ton of missed opportunity for humor where they tried to force it. The punchlines weren't really good at all. The bad guy/girl was a pretty gay enemy because only one or two of the antiheroes could've dome something one on one. The Joker was easily the worst Joker there is. I'm. Not saying that because he was Ledge or Hamilton but he just wasn't funny. Out of all the places you can try to shove Marvel type humor in a DC movie, why the fuck didn't you start with the Joker? There was a ton of missed opportunity and Joker didn't make jokes and he was too serious anyway. He looked like a pedo and kept groaning like an ent. Movie was still okay but even by DC standards it's garbage.
>>
>>718912830
From the perspective of a person who liked the Suicide Squad comics it fails on nearly every level. It tried to be a blend of traditional superhero film and "deadpool". Falling short of both marks and missing every opportunity the source material provides.

The intro is a hot mess. 15 minutes of musical montage and character introductions. A black woman pitching the same plan to 2 different committees. Some characters are introduced twice for some inexplicable reason. The entire premise of the suicide squad in the movies is flawed. They are billed as some "Anti-superman" team, a job that almost every member is woefully under qualified for, and would each be better replaced by a soldier with a gun (In the comics they are aimed as a disposable and deniable asset for shady agencies / as bait to lure out the joker).

The film completely breaks down during the first helicopter crash sequence (there are 3 in total, if you're writing a movie and you need three different helicopter crashes to keep the plot moving, kill yourself).

I could go on but if you've seen past the half way mark, you know whats coming. Blah blah stupid, incomprehensible villain, blah blah no character arcs, blah blah joker isn't even in this movie.
>>
>>718912830
It's bad
>>
>>718913863
Excellent review.
>>
>>718913211
>altho this is the most cancerous shit posting possible
It's better than op's thread
>>
>>718912830
No he fucking wasn't. The reason your opinion is misguided is because you are looking at it from a the perspective of a person who is open to change. The problem is that the Joker is rooted with a lot of history. Ledger's Joker, while a little different didn't deviate from the history. Leto's said fuck history, I'm going to do my own thing. That's great for him, but that is not the Joker. He played a Joker fanboy.
>>
not a comic fan by any stretch, but I was disappointed. the story was too predictable.

>antagonist antagonizes
>group of misfits bands together
>aforesaid group of misfits defeats antagonist

Leto wasn't terrible imo.
>>
>>718913304
>go read a book

aka "I'm stupid and can't compose a compelling argument because my parents force fed me Vagisil and I dropped out of high school"
>>
>jack black to play the next joker
>good facial expressions
>genuinely a funny guy
What you guys think
The movie is ok and that it started a load of Quinn sluts is its best outcome
>>
>>718913799
>>718912830

I can at least tll you why it was ba though an the reason for the shitty humor.

After BvS slop the studio freaked out and started becoming massively Involved in the studios film. Now the original probably woulnt have been great, but it would have been a good, serous/grimmer film. But studios wanted it to be lightened up hence why there is so much neon and bad jokes.

Beyond this they got the director to make an edit and a FUCKING TRAIER COMPANY to make an edit of the film. Not liking either they mashed me togeather to create the film we now see.

It's more or less the studios faut tbh.
>>
>>718913863
> joker not in the movie
Mostly agree. Not even sure why he was in the movie apart from the flahbacks and the end.
The end was fucking awful, btw. Actually so was the middle. The start wasn't terrible, just not great.
>>
>>718912830
Because its a stupid fucking premise. "What if superman flew down ripped off the whate house ceiling and took the president" well we'd get harely quinn to go fuck superman up of coarse.
>>
>>718914074
Read a fucking comic. Leto's joker was actually true to a bunch of different jokers.
>>
>>718914232
>Whate House
Are you little Wayne ?
>>
>>718914112
lol force fed vagisil that was great lol.

I thought the movie was good, some plot parts I thought could have been better.
>>
File: 1424742365683.jpg (32KB, 550x395px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424742365683.jpg
32KB, 550x395px
>>718914199

fat joker. kek
>>
>>718914313
Nope just a guy sneak posting at work on his phone.
>>
>>718914232
>get harely quinn to go fuck superman

I mean, that actually sounds like a decent idea.

She's hot af maybe should could have a krypton cock ring handy or something?
>>
>>718914260
yeah i don't get fandom

they be

WE WANT YOU TO STAY TRUE TO THE COMIC
>stays true
WE DONT LIKE IT, BOYCOT!
>>
File: asmith-134395[1].jpg (40KB, 655x315px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asmith-134395[1].jpg
40KB, 655x315px
I think the acting was great in SS. Will Smith fucking killed it as Deadshot.
>>
>>718913345

>>>That, and I'm not a man child.

Still posts on /b/...
>>
>>718913304
If anon cant gather the brain power grasp a movie
How can he read a fucking book
>>
>>718912830
O often find films that everybody gets butt hurt over, to be fine.
Batman v Superman and X-men Apocalypse for example.
People lost their shit over these movies. I find them to be fine.
Mostly because I'm not an overly critical, pedantic faggot.
>>
>>718912830
There are three helicopter crashes in the movie and noone fucking dies...i mean i now dc is stupid unrealistic but come the fuck on...
>>
I enjoyed it but I wish the female characters weren't included. Marvel/DC should be strictly male leads.
>>
File: image.jpg (302KB, 981x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
302KB, 981x1280px
>>718914368
Yeah but if he lost some weight for the part he whould be an fucking amazing joker
>>
>>718914226
Yeah it's a sad deal but in the end it doesn't matter all that much because people are so so easily convinced these days they try to justify it. "Joker wasn't bad just different." And it makes me sick when these fags who haven't bothered to read any comics at all try to justify that. It's okay for him to be different but not be an entirely different character.
>>
>>718914584
What king of faggy world are you living in.
>>
>>718914626
He'd be funnier than Leto anyway so that's fine by me.
>>
>>718914199
Mark hamil is the only correct answer.
>>
>>718914711
They should have him be the Joker. They should just pull a Hulk and replace him secretly.
>>
>>718914657
Chicks don't even like it anyway, why can't we have something for once?
>>
>>718914228
The jokers entire role in suicide squad. Plot related scenes are not in greentext.
>Flashbacks with harley quinn
>Scene about security guard at top secret black site
>Scene about lab where neck bombs were made (seriously, how did the joker find this place and how does the government not know that he storms it with guns?)
Scene where he miraculously appears on an army helicopter and shoots at the suicide squad on the rooftop and rescues Harley (which is his only concrete interaction with the rest of the movie and does nothing for the plot since Harley is back with the SS in 5 mins).

Thats it. Its like they realized they hired Jay Leto to play the joker halfway through filming and decided to just stick some scenes in and sticky tape it together like a 4th grade art project.
>>
>>718914431
When exactly have they stayed true to any comic?
>animated films don't count since they're usually awesome.
>>
>>718912830
Well, truth be told, it's a genuinely "okay" tier film, like 7/10. And honestly, I thought Batman vs Superman was pretty okay too.

I think the biggest problem with Suicide Squad was too many characters and not many that we cared about. Deadshot, Harlequin, and yes, even the Joker were interesting and fun (and though controversial a lot more Joker would have greatly improved the movie). A cooler villain would have improved it.... oh, and a story that makes sense.

Jared Leto said there was enough extra material (of his shoots alone) to make a whole extra movie. And a lot of the cut content seemed really cool.

I think there would have to be a better cut of this movie somewhere. After Batman vs Superman tanked they did extensive "focus group studies" to have different random samples of ppl and see what they thought of the current version of the movie. This made a lot of Leto's Joker get cut, the portions where he was abusive to Harley.

Overall, not bad, like Batman vs Superman. Probably equal to a lower tier Marvel movie like Spiderman or something..... So far, DC movies have had trouble hitting their stride after Nolan's Batmans.
>>
This >>718914775 >>718914584
Perfect justification for gay porn.
Bravo Anon.
10/10
>>
>>718914978
Jesus, how low are your standards that Suicide Squad rates a 7 and BvS is "pretty ok"?
>>
>>718914260
Bullshit, you can't mix different Jokers. It's fucking stupid. I was talking about the history. Just because these new fucking comic books writers want to be edgy and make Captan America a Nazi and Joker a nigger thug doesn't mean that is who the character really is.
>>
>>718914978
Stopped reading at superman vs batman is pretty ok
>>
>>718915100
Well, are they good? No.

But are they perfectly enjoyable for one watch? Sure.
>>
>>718915100
I thought that fat bald nigger chick was pretty ok 7/10
>>
File: q21qvX1.jpg (191KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
q21qvX1.jpg
191KB, 1440x1440px
>>718913304
Bro op can't into watching a movie. He's far from qualified to read a book. Maybe a coloring book is more his speed
>>
File: 1470217383748.png (104KB, 1482x856px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470217383748.png
104KB, 1482x856px
>>718915103
>i've never read a comic book but I'll tell you who the joker is because i saw him in saturday morning cartoons aimed at children and the Dark Knight trilogy (also aimed at children)
>>
>>718912830
there was too much going in the second third, almost all of the Harley Quinn/Joker backstory was immaterial to the plot.
>movie was still ok just could have been a tighter production if it hadnt tried so hard
>>
>>718914313
Kek
>>
>>718915103
lol didnt know there were rules on how different translations of joker could be. Careful dude, the comics have been mixing different versions of all their characters for like 30 years, better go complain
>>
Superheroes don't work.

Flying, x-ray vision, super strength, any of that shit. If you give any thought to any hero comic stories it breaks down almost straight away.

People who read/watch superhero movies accept that they're silly and unrealistic, but they suspend the reality of it for the sake of the characters and story.

Marvel superheroes are 1 dimensional, children's characters and so far from reality that it's ridiculous. It's easy make a 2 hour movie covers that encompasses everything about them, because there isn't really anything to them. Marvel did this on purpose because superheroes are silly. Apart from the Hulk. But that's for another time.

DC, started out the same, but over the last 20 years, have tried to make their characters more relevent to the age we live in. They chose a more adult direction than Marvel.

Now there will always be people who argue which is the better direction. But the fact is, when you watch Batman, you would not accept a 2 hour scratching of the surface movie. Batman Begins managed to pull it off, which is why it's such a good movie.

Suicide Squad tried to do the whole multi-layer thing with, what is essentially Marvel characters. And it didn't work. It failed both at being a grown-up hero movie, and a 1D popcorn flick.

It's not a bad movie. It's better than some of the shit that came out last year. But it didn't give either camp what they wanted, so it's disliked by both.

tl;dr: None of what I just typed is important.
>>
I wasn't a fan of any of the comics but the movie was bad.
>>
Even chronicle was a better comic book style movie.
>>
>>718912830
it's no worse than 80% of the shitty marvel films. better than many of them in fact
>>
>>718915063
No I'm not gay I'm just sick of women invading everything
>>
>>718915406
Shit the Joker alone has probably 10 different versions, from Funny guy who could barely hurt a fly to the Killing Joke.
You can hardly compare the golden/silver age/comics authority era characters to the ones we have today.
>tfw Baman fucks Catwoman up on a roof cause fuck why not
>>
>>718912830
Oh because in most move theaters the movie was so dark you can't see that whole scene where they fight the black creature shits
>>
>>718915636
Me too. Get these cunts outta my porn
#DicksOnly
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (177KB, 1924x1086px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
177KB, 1924x1086px
>>718915570
True, Civil War was just a mess of green screen and bad acting. Just a fucking train wreck.

>inb4 Marvel is life
>inb4 Hulk can beat anyone
>inb4 tell that to zods snapped neck

At least DC is weaving consequence to action and human aspects to the movies. Marvel can not do that. Don't have the balls to go above pg 13
>>
>>718912830
all the marvel fan boys keep comparing them to marvel films. Expecting SS and BVS to be like Marvel.
>>
>>718915889
this new wolverine will be good but it's completely separated from every other marvel universe movie

my problem is they're all the fucking same movie essentially. any of the supporting characters can say any of the zinger jokes. it's all cookie cutter shit
>>
Terrible, utterly terrible story, and I hate Jared Letos Joker, I am not to impressed by Harley either. Deadshot did a great job portraiting Will Smith though.

But I don't hate the movie. I enjoyed it, it was entertaining but really god damn stupid. The cartoon movie was in my opinion much better, storywise and overall.
>>
>>718915902
I'm not a marvel fan and even I was disappointed. I didn't want them to be like avengers, I just wanted to see a good movie.
>>
>>718915902
i really like bvs. thought it was one of the best comic book movies ever
>>
>>718916167
Bait
>>
>>718912830
gayest movie ever
stupid references of BET and Nelson Mandela in an alternative superhero universe, cringy acting moments, bad cast selection, joker flashbacks when i wanted more - this whole movie made me cringe to the point of splitting my jaw in half
>>
>>718916124
Yepp i have also noticed that too. More special effects and the same gag. It is funny at first but it gets really stale fast.

But not to say i haven't enjoyed a Marvel movie. I did enjoy Ultron. It is just the way the hero's are in Marvel that just push me away. Always silly and not caring about what they are doing.
>>
>>718912830
Look at what marvel makes. Look at what DC makes.

Simple.

To further it, there was zero reason for Harley to be in the movie (she offers nothing special and is in no way a super hero or combat trained).

To be really dumb. The first big fight scene. Why doesn't deadshot shoot the bad dudes carrying away the squad leader guy? He literally is the "best aim ever" and 5 yards away, yet yells to Harley to take out the bad guys... with a fucking bat.

If I didn't get free tickets to see it in theater, I might have killed everyone there.
>>
>>718912830
You forgot to put /Stupid opinions thread/ under your post
>>
>>718916406
She is in the SS comics, of course they shoehorn her into any goddamn title they can so I guess thats a wash.
>>
>>718912830
I haven't seen it, but the bits I have seen looked like total shit.
>hahlee quinn nice t'meetcha I love ya perrrfyume is dat da stench of death?
>le super edgy joker
>leto's design of the joker looks like a fucking queer, especially the "damaged" on his forehead

I think a lot of the positive buzz around it was because people had a fucking stiffy for Harley and Joker and they just wanted to see them in a movie. Doesn't matter if the movie was shit.
>>
>>718916537
and how could I forget
>fucking twenty one pilots
>fucking heathens
>i'm so damaged guys you just wouldn't understand
>i'm deep

I hate those faggots.
>>
>>718913304
Autism
>it's a poor film
>read a book
>>
>>718916406
In the comics harley makes a lot more sense since the SS is basically used as bait for the joker.
>>
>>718914112
Or Anon just doesn't feel responsible for educating you because in a world where resources are still scarce, and they are, it is to an Anons advantage to let you die of stupidity so that Anon can eat your share of food or fuck your share of women.
>Just tired of seeing this strawman.
Go read a book.
>>
>>718916369
i like about 1/5 the thors are unwatchable. iron man doesn't hold up. guardians was fun. deadpool. winter soldier and civil war were ok, the first avengers.
>>
Better superhero movie. https://youtu.be/i-M5Qx57_UU
The secret is to focus on the villain and have him be a sympathetic character. Superheroes are inherently boring.
>>
>>718912830
Action was alright, Wills performance was alright, some of the jokes were alright, Soundtracks were alright. Other than that it was a generic superhero movie trying too hard to be relevant. Joker was fucking cringy and should have never been in the movie in the first place.
>>
Complimentary
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc
>>
>>718916818
Please explain to me why fucking Thor a god is shit in every fucking movie???

If they buffed his char like Superman he would be much better to watch.
>>
>>718916770
You are shit at arguments and you can't justify your crappy opinion. Face it faggot. And don't forget to read a book.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (970KB, 500x269px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy[1].gif
970KB, 500x269px
>>718916821
Ya i like really how its a movie about what would happen to teens if they acquired superpowers.

Friendships grow and a growing anxiety and hatred from another. It is a great superhero film.

When the movie came out and i saw this gif posted online was what get me to watch it. Glad i did.
>>
>>718912830
no real reason for any of it to happen. why use a gang of criminals when the flash and batman are in the movie? Why is harley quinn or boomarang man needed at all? at least the other people had something to offer, they both contribute nothing to the group. so much shit doesn't make sense, cringy af joker, shitty movie overall
>>
>>718917060
>Subjective opinion.
>Command.
>Command.
Still waiting on that argument for Subjective opinion:
>You are shit at arguments and you can't justify your crappy opinion.
Care to support your opinion or are you comfortable wallowing in your own fallacious comfort zone?
>>
>>718914112
Unrelated but what is vagisil?
I'm form europe an i thought that was just a negro name
>>
>>718912830
The editing was actual dog shit there is your reason. Also the songs in the movie really just hammering the point home to no end.
>>
>>718917706
I'm in Europe and we have vagisil here

Also
>not using Google
Fuck off with your shit b8, 1/10 for making me reply
>>
>>718912830
The cartoon was better.
>>
>>718914775

check yr privilege
>>
>>718912830
oh.. boy this bait again.
also die OP you fucking faggot.
>>
>>718917980
What privilege
>>
>>718913239

> DC fans are upset that Marvel makes better movies.

Fxd
>>
>>718912830
I thought it was also ok.
>>
>turning the joker into an edgy cringe fest
>"damaged" are you fucking kidding me
> grills and tattoos on the joker
>Harley Quinn not retaining Boston accent
>turning Harley into a bimbo slut who's entire screen presence is just to be jerk off material for lonely faggots and Halloween costumes for whores
> movie is inexplicably dark. Actually dark, like every scene has a black filter over it.
> JOKER IN A LAMBO
>every character just as edgy as joker, especially the Flaming Spic
>>
>>718916206
nah man it's a quality movie. i've watched it a bunch of times now.
>>
>>718912830
Could use 100% less shitty Joker
>>
>>718918738
Forgot to mention

>21 fucking faggots in there
> shitty trap music
>>
File: 1478969188374.jpg (38KB, 640x349px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1478969188374.jpg
38KB, 640x349px
>>718914644
> "Joker wasn't bad just different."

meh, not being a fan of the comics, not really knowing fuck all about the this shit, knowing the movie was a fucking mess, there were certain parts I did enjoy, the Joker being one of them.

I liked how fucking scared everyone was of him, it worked for me. I like a lot of the imagery of of him, the gangster thing worked imo.

Again, I don't know the first thing about the comics. I liked the gangster joker thing, it's a different universe, different batman, different joker, watever idgaf. There were definatley elements of letos joker that worked for me and would have liked to see more of it. Also I'd be happy to see a Batfleck movie with Leto's joker in it. Sheiiit, Batfleck was the best part of SQ imo
>>
>>718918837
How did you handle him being such an edgy little faggot? It's okay for your joker to be different but it doesn't have to be an emo faggot with edgy tattoos to be different.
>>
>>718918832
>shitty trap music
... did the music secretly have a dick or something?
>>
>>718912830
People expected more
>>
>>718918994
Not that kind of trap. Pseudo dubstep with rap influences. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>718912830
The plot was absolut garbage. The ending garbage. The premise.... Garbage. It was more like watching two hrs of trailers than an actual movie.
>>
File: ll.jpg (62KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ll.jpg
62KB, 1440x810px
>>718918837
>>718918944
As shitty as the Joker casting decision was, it was only half as shitty as Lex Luthor in the BMvSM movie. WORST Luthor ever
>>
Old anon here. Watched classic adam west batmans to todays batmans.

I get every director wants to put a personal spin on their pieces, but this was wrong in every way. Harley was a slut moron, deadshot was well, yeah. Most of the other "Squad" members are for the most part useless like crok, and diablo was overpowered and under utilized. Besides that enchantress could of one shot everyone but the whole "can teleport anywhere, never to her heart though" for a weapon that took longer than ever to make.

Just, It is bad for an old man like me. The youths and the ignorant would love it. Its a generation millennial outlet movie.
>>
>>718918944
meh i ignored it like I had to ignore the rest of the movie. It was obvious from the begining that movie was a fucking mess, (two intros of the characters, uneeded flashbacks, inchorehent unreasonable justicication for the squad to begin with), so I just kinda gave up on it and watched it.

Sure bits and parts were cringy, unfoocused. But I don't blame Leto, the guy is a good actor and it's clear after the studio's messing with it that it was such a hot mess at this point it didn't matter. It's a shame. Even had a good director, I imagine he had a vision for it but after the studio hacked it up all that goes into the garbage.
>>
>>718919155
>total agreement

He was like an autistic riddler. now THAT performance was cringe tastic. To be fair I hate mark zuckerberg, I just don't think he's been really good in anything except the facebook movie
>>
>>718915889

I know this is bait, but listen, kid. I have time to explain this even though I have a busy schedule.

Let's go beat-by-beat, shall we?

Superman died because he was made mortal by the kryptonite. You following this? Then that thing that they called "Dooms Day" plugged a hole in him.

In the original comic, Superman used the last of his personal energy to kill the guy. Ok, kid? In the comics, kryptonite had nothing to do with it. Which is how he was able to grow the mullet and come back to life. He just tapped out his own strength.

But in the movie universe, according to the movie rules, and the established rules of superman, he should have died. Dead. Over.

But he came back. No consequences.

Sorry to destory your arguments so effectively. Nothing personal, kid.
>>
>>718912830
Jared Leto was a fucking try hard
>>
File: 1477918445715.jpg (67KB, 600x729px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1477918445715.jpg
67KB, 600x729px
>>718912830
What we expect from the superhero genre? Zack Snyder is what we expect. Although his newest works are not as good, tho I liked BMvSM and the previous. I am tired, grown out of, because I am not a 5yo anymore, of stockings and retarded plotlines. He has brought back or not even back, but he has brought into grimy new look on fantasy in general. Alan Moore's Watchmen for instance, is by far ethalon of all comic-book movies, and overall one of the best movies I have seen.
And yes, I must admit, usually when I watch this genre, I do not expect deep storylines and built characters. But why are we happy with mediocricy? I am not, and that is why we should not bash Znyder for what he has done. Make superheroes great again!
Also Suicide Squad is shit. Worth only for HQ tits.
>>
>>718919771
tryhard is one word, fyi
>>
>>718915406
Yes, there are rules. Can joker be a cock sucking fag? Hell no. But if someone says, " easy dude, it's just my version of different Jokers mixed together, I think he would be crazy and gay." No, it's not right cause some people are too stupid to be given the authority to change a character.
>>
>>718920163

i don't know he always seemed a little effeminate to me, in almost every incarnation, barring burton's maybe.
>>
>>718912830
Jared's Joker didn't make sense and was like the edgy side of Tumblr incarnate. If you want to see a good Joker go watch Dark Knight.
>>
It wasn't the film itself. It was what the people making it showed it off to be and then didn't deliver on those things.
>>
>>718920402

The Joker is more than a rampaging anarchist. Heaths Joker was great, but people comparing Jared and Heath gets tiresome.
>>
>>718920321
Maybe, but in no incarnation have I ever seen him kiss a dude or grab someone's dick. Even in the Elseworlds titles they never hinted at it.
>>
File: ilustratedbait.jpg (15KB, 552x310px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ilustratedbait.jpg
15KB, 552x310px
>>
>>718912830
>What do people expect from the superhero genre?
Better.
>>718920402
>the edgy side of Tumblr
Tumblr has an edgy side?

Leto's joker just isn't believable. The joker's a hip-hop gangsta cuckold who just likes to shoot people? He isn't funny enough, he isn't crazy enough, and he isn't cruel enough. He's just a particulary weird gangsta and I can't suspend my disbelief for him.
>>
File: 1447725853844.jpg (21KB, 559x556px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447725853844.jpg
21KB, 559x556px
>>718919473
You just explained a part of the movie to me i already fully understand. Great i guess...

What about that destroyed my argument? Which in fact i really am not arguing anything in my comment. Just an observation. A factual one.

Did you comment on the right one idiot? Next time your thinking of trying to sound smart on the internet, don't, you just don't have it in you KID!!!1111!

>lol g0t him gud callng him kid 10 times in a row!!!
>>
>>718913863
>if you're writing a movie and you need three different helicopter crashes to keep the plot moving, kill yourself
The subtlety of this shoudl not be lost on future generations of film makers. This is a very important observation of the action film genre. More is definetly not better.
>>
>>718919473
who gives a fuck? none of these characters will ever "die" forever. not a single one. everything will come back in some form
>>
>>718913863
Fully agree with this
>>
>>718912830
My 24 year old chinese girlfriend loved it. She basically loves anything with explosions and running. Doesn't matter what language it's in; she doesn't care about the story, she seriously only cares about the visuals.

The visuals passed.
>>
>>718912830
The movie sucks big fat balls And you Know it
>>
>>718919339
This 100%
Also
>mark Zuckerberg
Is this b8?
>>
>>718915889
Marvel already ruined Hulk's backstory twice though. The worst thing they did was actually acknowledge that 2003 storyline in the newer movie. Should have done a complete reboot; then they basically show nothing of the hulk's abilities except STRONG, VERY STRONG.... maybe that was wtih some purpose, simplifying a comic book character tends to widen their appeal and make them more believable, but then they have him in Avengers following orders and making sense, which makes absolutely no sense.
>>
File: f0wi65m1zf6y.jpg (563KB, 1288x1261px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f0wi65m1zf6y.jpg
563KB, 1288x1261px
>>718919473
Or maybe because the movie-verse is always different than the comic/book counterpart???
>>
>>718921851
Ya i get what you mean. I noticed that as well and was questioning why he could follow orders all of a sudden.

I myself am not a Marvel comic reader so i actually don't know much of hulk besides the movie one. Good to see that perspective.
>>
>>718913345
Keked hard. Sorry to burst your bubble but you are a man child anon. Deal with it
>>
>>718922056
I never read the comics, but I watched the old TV series. That hulk usually did was was right, but could only ever act alone. He was always saving unconcious women; I wondered what would happen if any of them had been awake.
>>
>>718913364
This
>>
>>718912830

>Jareds Leto
>Jareds Leto
>Jareds Leto
>Jareds Leto
>>
>>718920402
>the edgy side of Tumblr incarnate
I just had an idea; the next Joker should try to be the incarnation of /b/.
>>
>>718922677

>Bananas
>traps
>kys
>porn

yeah no
>>
File: 1399296191785.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399296191785.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>718912830
The film was poorly written, poorly directed and poorly edited. Plot was also garbage. It's fine if you want to shut off your brain completely and be entertained, but it's not an "okay" film.
>>
>>718918115
I'm a DC fan, but, yeah. Fuck.
>>
>>718918738
You forgot to mention that they just plain fucked it
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>718913345
>>
>>718912830
I thought where the story went was kind of wtf for me. Other than that, the effects, the play everything was pretty darn good in my opinion :/
>>
File: 1452367563341.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452367563341.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>718913345
>That's why I don't watch superhero movies. That, and I'm not a man child.

Ok buddy that is your reason.

How does it feel to be so insecure about your life that you try to get strangers from the internet to think your cool?
>>
This movie sucked. It's literally a live-action cartoon. Hollywood does not take fat autistic man babies seriously for some reason
>>
>>718913239
yeah more mass appeal, sure, but that usually doesn't mean better.
>>
>>718918738
>>718918832

>>718916537
>>718916625
m8
>>
>>718912830
The greatest heresy is Batman in the last two films. I'm still giving Affleck a chance but he's coming across as some jerk edgy teen, and i should know cause I am one. I want the Grant Morrison Batman, the most adult adult on the planet, zen monk,pushed himself as far as a human can go, totally got his shit together, fucking terrifying. The best. Batman. Aside from the gnarly fight scene in the warehouse (best ever) in BvS this Batman is like a frail retarded cylon. I want Batman, not an emotionally and mentally stunted acrobat. Is this what people think Batman is supposed to be? I worry.
>>
>>718923787
this was across the board the best batman, in BVS. not sure wtf you watched. it was the first time we've ever seen him 20 years in and it was great.
>>
>>718923659
Marvel has problems, but DC better get it's shit together because it's making the underwhelming Marvel films look like Kubrick films
>>
>>718923787
Znyder's Batman is best batman. Nolan's is second. All other are tootsy faggots in silk slippers, diving in papa's gold and being incarnations of American dream. Batman should be the "dark underbelly" of us, although still trying to bring in the light.
>>
>>718924016
nah that will never happen. marvel is way too cookie cutter and always will be. people want the DC films to be more cookie cutter mediocre. they're used to it. you're used to it too it seems like.
>>
>>718914226
This is honestly the most accurate I work for Wb who made the film and this is exactly what happened it was filmmaking by committee and executives trend chasing to make a very profitable but arguable horrible film
>>
>>718924016
Kubric films in this content?
>>
>>718923890
>>718923890
>>718923890
Problem? This guy right here. Read some fucking Batman, or hell watch the cartoon from the 90's which isn't perfect but closer to a proper Batman. He's meant to be dark, not a churlish little bitch. 20 years? Batman Begins and Dark Knight are from like 10 years ago. Dark Knight Rises is mostly shit, apart from Bane. I know he's a depart from cannon but every time I watch it he gets better and better while the film seems shitter.
>>
File: bat122.jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bat122.jpg
45KB, 300x400px
>>718924142
>>
>>718924143
Yeah I know it, but at least I don't feel sexually violated after watching them. BvS and SS are kinda enjoyable but after watching them I still feel like a Warner suit stuck the tip of their dick in my brain, you can wash and wash but you still feel dirty. In a bad way.
>>
>>718924435
20 years in the field you stupid fuck. every other batman is just starting out. the cartoon sucked. BVS is the closest to the best adult version of the character in the comics,
>>
File: 400px-Abusive.png (191KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
400px-Abusive.png
191KB, 400x400px
>>718923890
>oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>718924587
just saying, no one will believe they're kubrick, ever. nothing can make them look that good. they're just not.
>>
>>718923890
I watched a Batman the fired a rocket into a fucking car killing everyone in the car. That is not the batman we've been waiting for.
>>
>>718924624
>> The cartoon sucked

Youngfag detected
>>
>>718924684
batman kills in the comic, check out dark knight returns. i'm completely fine with him killing people after 20 years of seeing them back on the street. this batman has had enough.

now i bet superman's death will have changed him, softened him up a bit.
>>
>>718924142
Snyder tries, his Batman looks great and fights great, but thats it. Perhaps Snyder has no human emotions, perhaps he's a secret downs sufferer, perhaps he's just a jumped up art director wildly out of his depth. If thats all you think Batman is you're a fool and you'll die a fool.
>>
>>718912830
the plot and characters all sucked except harley and the joker. i wanted more of that. Anyways; how would people have a harley with heath ledgers joker? that guy couldn't have romance. jared leto was pretty good
>>
>>718924768
quite the opposite. i was probably too old when it came out. none of the cartoons ever did it for me.
>>
>>718924674
You do realize he's talking about the character and not the movie, right?
>>
>>718912830
The Joker character is bereft of value. Every murder he commits after his repeated apprehensions are on Batman's head. Shame on Batman and his writers for allowing this cancerous piece of shit to persist in the comics.
>>
File: 522.jpg (40KB, 242x242px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
522.jpg
40KB, 242x242px
>>
>>718924677
I'm clearly using a colourful metaphor that isn't intended to be literal. Like "fuck off"
>>
>>718924781
you're just used to every single thing spelled out for you, hitting you over the head in the marvel movies. plenty of nuance and depth in BVS you're just not used proper storytelling. you need it all in big flashing lights. blame every single marvel movie.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 25



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.