[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do atheists have funerals? Why do worshippers of atheism

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_2415.jpg (34KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2415.jpg
34KB, 635x475px
Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?
>>
>>717771904
Good point man, we should just throw all the athiests in unmarked mass graves the second they die. No reason to let their loved ones pay their last respects. They believe differently than you so fuck 'em.
>>
Funerals are only for the living. It comforts them by offering closure. No religion required.
>>
+Tamipost
>>
File: Assphyncter_says_wut.jpg (26KB, 547x498px) Image search: [Google]
Assphyncter_says_wut.jpg
26KB, 547x498px
>>717773082
>historically religious ceremony
>no religion required
>>
>>717773664

>historically religious

no shit, primitive humans were all religious because they were uneducated.
>>
>>717773786

That's not true. The Egyptians and Babylonians weren't religious.
>>
>>717773901
Do you actually know history? The Egyptians and Babylonians were entirely devoted to their religions, building their greatest monuments to their gods.
>>
CHEMO
/thread
>>
"when I'm dead just throw me in the trash" - Frank Reynolds
>>
>>717771904
So that we dont just have dead bodies littering the street OP. Duh
>>
>>717775761

Who?
>>
>>717771904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
>>
>>
File: pepeBJ.png (694KB, 831x516px) Image search: [Google]
pepeBJ.png
694KB, 831x516px
>>
So if there ever is a zombie apocalypse, at least we can all die from the sharply dressed undead.

Don't you know anything, OP? Fucking retard. You should've stayed in school then you wouldn't be so fucktarded, you theist piece of shit.
>>
>>717771904
All mainstream religions believe in the transcendental worth of the human SOUL, not the body. So theist, why go through the motions of a corporal funeral?
>>
Funerals are more for the selfish living, than the honor of the dead.
>>
a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. Nobody worships atheism. Holy shit your dumb
>>
>>717771904
There is no atheist religion it the complete lack of religion
>>
>>717771904
You again.
Fuckwit, this was answered twice: for the benefit of their family and friends. It's about grieving.

Like an atheist has a god to offend or something by doing it ffs.

I'm not religious, yet I go to church with my girl sometimes, celebrate christmas and will close my eyes and bow my head for prayers with religous people. Because it doesn't harm me and it's polite.

Kill yourself.
>>
This themed troll bait almost disappeared.
But you faggots keep responding.

Anytime this shit is posted, you must exercise self-control and ignore it completely.

With no replies, faggot OP and others will stop posting.

It really is up to you to kill it.
>>
>>717780526
Christmas isn't a religious holiday and anybody who treats it as such is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>717780716

How many times are you going to feed the troll with your fucking copypasta?
>>
>>717780746
Yes, it is. It isn't even up for debate.
>>
>>717780746
Ya how the fuck could anybody draw a correlation between Christ Mass and anything remotely religious!
>>
>>717771904
You cant choose on it is an answer for your stupid question anon?
>>
If God doesn't exist then who created religion?
Fucking retard atheists.
>>
how to religion:
step 1:muh religion
step 2:atheists are bad
step 3:things atheists do are bad
step 4:no logical thinking whatsoever
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>717775761
>>717776750
Frank Reynold aka Dr. Mantis Toboggan
>>
>>717783170

Never heard of her
>>
>>717771904
>>
>>717771904
Good question. Atheists get burned.

I mean that's what they should do imo. Get incinerated. It's been done since hindus, it doesn't take space ans it has less of a religious connotation.
>>
>>
>>717771904
Why do Christians?

The "soul" has already left, so why care about the remains?
>>
File: fr.jpg (50KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
fr.jpg
50KB, 450x373px
>>717771904
>the atheist religion
>>
>>
File: The neverending shitpost.jpg (137KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
The neverending shitpost.jpg
137KB, 640x960px
>>717784943
>>717784858

is it you again? Do you like stay on /b/ refreshing the first page over and over again to not miss a single one of these threads?
Do you even sleep?
>>
File: q.jpg (94KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
94KB, 550x400px
>>717784772
>incineration
wasteful and toxic, it's actually fucking terrible environmentally

Tibetan Sky Burial is the only acceptable answer
>>
>>717780526
>it's polite.
>Kill yourself.

jesus christ
>>
>>717771904
The dynamics of love, loss, and grief transcend all religions and non-beliefs.

It is how humans normally work, dipshit.
>>
>>717771904

Funerals aren't for the dead. They're for the living.
>>
>>717785152
i think i would rather dig a shallow hole in the ground for someone than drag their corpse to a fucking mountain, which btw are so far away i dont even know where i should go.
>>
File: BIOS URN.jpg (93KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
BIOS URN.jpg
93KB, 1024x682px
>>717771904
Actually, I intend to be placed in pic related and put in the ground with as little ceremony as possible.
>>
>>717785124
>>
>>
>>717771904
I get you man " if you hold no value in my religion, why do you keep my practices" I ask this question a lot too. like why when God loves you, non believers try to throw my religion if my face to justify their non-belief
>>
>>717771904
No idea. Funerals are a pretty dumb idea and burying people in metal and concrete boxes is sheer fucking lunacy.
>>
>>717785383
there are vultures everywhere, and you could use pigs if you'd prefer. Mountains aren't really necessary. In Florida we use gators.
>>
>>
>>717771904

It's about respecting the dead. Would you leave your loved ones body out to dry in the sun?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>717785645
Where i live there arent that much vultures, not enough to take care of ALL the dead anyway.

We have like bears, wolfs and lynxes. none of which i have ever seen or heard of nearby, in addition its cold here, the body would just freeze and not even a wolf pack would be able to take care of it, so instead of leaving it there for months to freeze, rot and smell i would dig a small hole.
>>
>>
>>717771904
Athieanon here. I vote straight to the incinerator. You don't memorialize people's severed limbs and shit so why make a big deal about the rest of the meat bag? It's stupid as hell. They should just give out memorial plaques or trophies or those window stickers you seen on the back of really shitty cars that say "R.I.P. James "Uncle Jimbo" Durquette 2-31-2013" or whatever.
>>
>>
>>717786081
Yeah, you don't want to encourage wolves and bears to start going after humans, but vultures are pretty good at eating corpses, you don't need a bunch.
>>
>>
>>717771904
atheists care about other people because they have empathy
theists "care" about other people because their imaginary friend wants them to and will punish them if they don't
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>717785712

Or perhaps donate their encasing (that holds the illusion that is "consciousness", per Abbot Dennett) to "science", like it was done with the bloated, cancer-riddled carcass known with the arbitrary appellation of "Christopher Hitchens".

The bodies of the self-avowed "rational","logical","science-based" "skeptics" truly can be a testament of "evolving" (or deviating) from being an or the image of "God".
>>
>>
>>717772778
The Jewish religion doesn't believe in an afterlife and they get put in mass unmarked graves.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.