[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone (hypothetically) wanted to rob a chain supermarket

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

File: convenience.jpg (79KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
convenience.jpg
79KB, 900x560px
If someone (hypothetically) wanted to rob a chain supermarket in the UK, what would be a good plan? People who have done this before post your advice pls. I know most store policy is to just "give them the money," what are the chances someone will try to fight instead? I would be alone, which I'm unsure is a good idea.
Here's my plan:
>mask, machete
>no gun
(this is because UK gun laws make this dangerous - even if it WAS real, people might think it was fake and try fighting. Not worth it.)
>enter a few minutes before they close, hope for minimal staff
>get them to log onto the tills, and empty the notes from each
>cigs i guess?
>get them to empty the safe, if that's even possible idk?
>punch someone
>gtfo
how did i do? would i get away with it? post your plans ITT
>>
File: 1483019111891.jpg (4KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1483019111891.jpg
4KB, 184x184px
>>717570185
>masked idiot
>machete
security is just going to take you down
>>
>>717570343
did you miss the part where I said this was in the UK? A machete is the equivalent of an AK here.
>most supermarkets don't have security
>implying security would want to get knifed (as they have no weapons besides a radio)
>>
>>717570185
Just take that machete and slice your throat you fucking faggot
>>
>>717570475
when the staff runs away, what are you going to do? throw your machete at them?
>>
>>717570185
Well, good luck doing that, idiot. As a cashier, you never have any way to just literally "open" the cash drawer without a manager, even if you wanted to, for security. And as for safes, generally speaking they're behind several locked or coded doors, by which point even if you manage to get someone to lead you to it, the person at the till will have pressed the (hidden) panic button, and you're fucked.

Source: having some douche like you try this at my store before and laughing as he gets nicked like a fucktard.
>>
>>717570923
??
the whole point of a till is being able to open the cash drawer to put cash in and change notes, why would tills suddenly stop being tills? i have worked behind them myself at supermarkets, you press a button (after signing in) and pop goes the cash drawer.
>>
>>717570906
good point, idk. chase them i guess? if none of it was working with vague threats i would have to threaten to hurt the nearest employee for the others to listen
>>
>>717571117
They only open when you are putting through a legit transaction, you can't just hit "open" out of nowhere and it does it for you. At least, that's how modern ones work. Not sure about older shittier ones
>>
>>717570185
don't be a nigger
>>
>>717570923
and good point on the safe.
my old manager would do the last till counts after closing the shop, and then take the last envelopes to put in the safe.
if the manager was present, i could simply threaten them into taking me into these "locked doors" and opening them, the same way they would to deposit the till count.
>>
>>717571233
i worked at a supermarket with very modern tills (touch screen.)
there was a way for us to open the tills without a transaction, for things such as change mistakes when the transaction is over. it's the "no sale" button, on most touch screen tills
>>
>>717571233
>>717571524
it's also how they would open them for counting the cash etc, just sign into their account, hit "no sale" and the register opens.
>>
>>717571214
there will be more then one staff member, when you finally chase one down the other would have pressed that button
>>
>>717571835
if you actually wanted to get through with this you would need more people, you would need to know what you were doing and do it fast
>>
>>717571835
okay, um..
>figure out which one is the manager
>tie up the useless one, and tie them to something else away from the tills
>threaten to kill the useless one if the manager doesn't open the safe
is this any better?
>>
>>717572085
if there are more than 2 i'd probably have to hurt atleast one of them, which i want to avoid. thinking this through is actually helping guys lool
>>
>>717570185
You're too much of a pussy to do it so who cares?
>>
>>717570185
use GoPro to stream it, faggot
>>
>>717571524
>>717571599
At where I work anyway there is no such thing. If you hit said button it asks for a manager's login number and password, to stop people doing stupid stuff like this
>>
>>717572451
>stream with gopro
>get immediately v& and raped in prison
>>
OP bad plan. Get a realistic bb gun
>>
>>717572085
yes, slightly. it would also be a good idea to stream for us
>>
>>717572528
i worked in a tesco, i assume other supermarket chains have similar tills. are you a large owned chain like tesco? their policy was "give the robber the money," as well. which is why i'm so confident in this being successful and reasonably easy
>>
>>717572712
i have a full metal ball bearing gun, but some people would assume that it is fake either way (like i outlined in OP.)
a machete would allow me to defend myself if needed, instead of getting rushed and beat up by someone who assumes my gun is fake
>>
>>717572796
Well yes the policy is to just give the money, but you cant physically do it because it needs a manger to open the till. That's what I'm saying.
>>
>>717573017
what if the manager is present though? would they not just sign in and empty the tills to avoid their employees getting hurt? i know this is all on the off-chance, but still.
also, if it is a store where anyone can open the tills it wouldn't be any hassle at all.
the main reason i would need the manager present is to take me to the safe, and open it etc
>>
Try petrol stations at night
>>
>>717572042
the reason i am planning this alone is because my friends are all pussies who 100% wouldn't take part even if i asked. plus, more people = more people to get caught. i know it puts me at a disadvantage if there are multiple staff, which is what the machete is for.
>>
Watch Oceans Eleven for some ideas and take notes
>>
>>717573330
i was thinking this. although these places will have more variables
>is it family owned? the cashier will have weapons
>is it a chain? weapons are unlikely
etc
>>
File: unspecified2.jpg (94KB, 1280x952px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified2.jpg
94KB, 1280x952px
bumpppp
>>
>>717573344
if you look arabic/indian you have to behead the manager after the opens the safe, its the only way
>>
>>717573785
he*
>>
>>717573014
nice way of turning a robbery charge into a murder/assault charge, fucking retard
>>
>>717571214
Lol the UK is so stupid.
>>
>>717574028
you get gun charges and armed robbery for using guns, even if they're fake!
>it's either use a gun, some people may call my bluff and try fighting
>or use a machete, which no-one is going to try and fight against unless they are a complete idiot
>>
>>717574239
so you're risking all this for a potentially tiny amount of money?
>>
>>717574239
>>717574028
and as someone who lives in the UK, the first thing I would think when held at gunpoint is "i bet that gun is fake." chances are it isn't, but I would assume that it is because it's the UK.
i don't want the cashier doing the same
>>
>>717574329
define "tiny"?
as far as I remember, the store I worked at kept £500 in every till by default. with 4 tills, that's 2k and I haven't even gone for the safe.
>>
>>717574393
yep and with the knowledge they have no skill with guns due to living in the uk i wouldn't be scared
>>717574571
you keep proving how retarded you are. if you're too retarded to get a normal job to make money then you definitely can't be a criminal especially if you ask for advice on /b/
>>
>>717574329
plus the risk all depends on the location of the store. the fact that supermarkets have a policy of "just give them the money," makes them an easy target.
if i went to a bank however, I'd most likely be locked inside then beaten up whenever the police arrive.
>>
>>717572085
Use zip ties, much more efficient. Or just get a job you faggot
>>
>>717570185
Never done it but I was a baker and one day when I when yo work I saw some guys driven into the shop fount of a super market and take all the cabnets that held the ciggys.
Its easy, no one around amd quick so i dont see why more people dont do it
>>
>>717574393
Don't make any threats you aren't intent on following through with. Ever.
>>
>>717574667
i've had normal jobs, i've sold drugs. i've loaned money. i just want fast money to help out with shit, not work for a month and most of it going to rent anyway. how does this make me retarded?
>i'm also not asking for advice
>nor am i genuinely planning a robbery
>this is a hypothetical thread where i am asking if this plan will work
>>
>>717574907
no, it won't work, especially by yourself, if you read the news 90% of supermarket robberies end with cigarettes being stolen, i live next to a supermarket and have seen multiple 'armed' robberies with fucking sticks
>>
>>717570185
>has machete
>wants money
>wants to rob supermarket
>going up against PD, rehashed procedures and alarms
>not robbing pensioners the day they receive their pension and drop by the atm to get cash
>literally all you have to do is intercept slow, alone, defenseless people with lots of cash money on them who you could threaten with a badminton racket
>>
>>717575035
this is sick as fuck. i'm not that much of a cunt.
I'd rather not injure any of the staff unless it was self defense. the fact is, in a supermarket, not many will attempt to fight as they're not insured to beat up robbers, and it's against policy. so chances are it will go smoothly, atleast in my head. the customers would be the worst obstacle
>>
>>717575282
You're robbing the place. It's never going to be self defense.
You need to accept you're doing something that A. can lead to you getting hurt or worse B. can lead to you hurting other people or worse.
If you are not willing to do both you're out of your depth.
>>
Retard OP. You'd be in jail so quick man. What are you going to do about employees? Have you considered that you won't be able to get into the tills?
How would you get away?
>>
>>717575035
Thanks fuck head I have to go to hospital now that your post was so edgy its cut me
>>
>>717575033
what is the correlation between "it won't work" and the cigarettes thing? as in, i won't be able to get much money so will end up stealing cigarettes?
>clear the tills within minutes
>if there's 500 a piece then happy days, if there's less then fuck
>if the manager isn't there, or it gets hectic, leave after taking a bag full of cigarettes
cigarettes are expensive man
>>
>>717575366
self defense as in: try to rob it calmly but if someone runs at me, hurt them. but most people won't, atleast I know I wouldn't try to rush someone with a machete. especially if my employer doesn't insure me to do so, and explicitly states to hand over cash
>>
>>717575390
>minimal staff because almost at store close, no night shift at this store
>getaway depends on the store's location, i would plan this accordingly
>won't be able to get into the tills? if it's a chain supermarket the employees will open the tills as it's their policy to be peaceful
>>
>>717575722
where is the evidence of their 'peaceful' policy, what if they don't follow policy and knock you out?
>>
>>717575615
Yeah, you ever kill someone before? Or is this one of those situations where you end up in a brawl because you hesitated?
>>
>>717575828
i have worked for two of the UK's big supermarket chains (different names) and both had the policy of "de-escalate the situation. be calm and comply with the robber's demands." they also had this same exact policy in a clothing retail store I worked at in the UK. they have this policy because if someone tries to fight off a robber and gets stabbed, they won't be able to claim from the company.
>if someone doesn't follow this policy they will lose their job.
>if somebody still gets brave they will get hurt, i'd make this pretty clear
>>
>>717575837
nope, I've never killed anyone before. been in, won and lost plenty of fights though, with and without weapons. i would prefer the situation didn't escalate into fighting but if it did, i would make sure I was ready
>>
>>717576139
people like to be heroes
>>
>>717576524
i have planned for this.
this is why i'm not bringing a gun - i understand people like to be heroes, and someone thinking "i bet this gun is fake," gives them an excuse to try to fight me off.
a machete, however, has enough reach to keep someone at bay, and can be seen to be real immediately. plus one hit from a machete and you'd stop fighting pretty quick to get away
>>
>>717576694
if you want to take that big of a risk legal wise, just rob a bank and make it worth it
>>
>>717570185
>get extra big shoes
>gloves
>full body suit that you can burn after or wear a t shirt but paint yourself black
>nothing of your face is visible not even your eyelids
>get the scariest fucking machete
>make sure there are only girls behind the counter (makes it a lot easier)
>a getaway vehicle you can get rid of later and can't get traced
>>
>>717577006
robbing a bank is 100x more of a risk
>security systems that can leave you shut inside
>bulletproof glass
>panic rooms for all the staff
whereas stores actually have a policy to make the robbery go as calmly as possible. granted, some stores will try to defend themselves but it's more likely that they won't.
in a bank however, i'll most likely be caught or trapped. much more of a risk.
>>
>>717577056
good plan. dirtbikes are common here and easy to ride. maybe a cheap moped. both will be easy to get and burn out
>>
>>717577816
Ye 100% you should wear a t shirt and paint yourself black they will be searching for a black man
>>
File: OWL.jpg (109KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
OWL.jpg
109KB, 1024x773px
>>717570185
>>
>>717577889
this means i can't clean up in a hurry. if i can get somewhere mid-escape to change and burn clothes, how would i get the paint off? it'd be the same as still wearing a balaclava, i'd get caught red handed.
>>
>>717578008
Bring a jacket also make sure you do this on a cold day so wearing gloves is not suspicious
>>
>>717570185
Okay here's what you do.
Enter with your mask and machete, approach the manager, ask for an application, fill it out, wait for a call, get a job and earn your money like everyone else.
>>
>>717578008
you just would need a place to stay until the cops get bored, then just go home
>>
>>717578359
what are the chances they would use a helicopter with the heat scanners in this situation? i'd be fine with keeping it on the DL in the woods, but if I get caught hiding with nowhere to run I'm fucked.
>>
>>717578540
Pretty big
>>
File: 1483464525469.gif (1MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483464525469.gif
1MB, 450x450px
>>717578540
>>
>>717578540
yeah no, then you're fucked. just hope they don't use that
>>
>>717578696
well outdoors is out of the question then. how big does a building/structure have to be to block your heat signature? or do i need to be somewhere to disguise it?
>>
>>717579146
you know how they find weed farms right? this is what they do in britbongland
>>
>>717579682
yeah they look for unnatural heat signatures coming from houses, but these can be disguised with foil and other materials used to line your grow.
but in the situation discussed ITT, they'd be looking for a lone heat signature amongst forestry or something, showing that someone is there hiding. if i could get somewhere that has other heat signatures it's useless right? assuming i am not in disguise at this point and able to look like a normal person
>>
>>717579919
yes, like i said. you need to come up with a good place, somewhere you could hide but also like you said blend in.
>>
>>717570185
Most stores tell cashiers to just comply with robber. Unless the store has actual security, nobody will put up a fight. Find a store that's open 24 hours, go around midnight. Usually only one cashier during that time. Make sure to use a vehicle that isn't very recognizable, or park far enough away. Most employees are told not to give chase, but just in case they do, you want your car to be as inconspicuous as possible. I'd just go for the tills, btw. The safe would take longer and you'd be more likely to get caught.

>>717570923
This guy is partially correct. Most stores won't have a panic button unless they're in a high crime area.

Honestly just slide the cashier a fucking candy bar and tell him to open the till.

There are gonna be a ton of phones in the store, so the timer for how long you have should start as soon as you walk in, to be safe. Look up the general response time of the authorities in that area, that's the maximum time you have.

Park around the side of the store preferably, and if at all possible, make a break for it through the back of the store.

Don't go for any grocery items. That's stupid.

Try to talk as little as possible, and cover every inch of your body.

>I worked as a grocery chain manager for 4 years

I'll look for you in the news, OP.
>>
File: 49b53ca4a2a8ff4d61e99_1.jpg (60KB, 355x390px) Image search: [Google]
49b53ca4a2a8ff4d61e99_1.jpg
60KB, 355x390px
>>717581139
>I'll look for you in the news, OP.
me too, if you actually decide to go through with this. good luck.
>>
>>717581139
anyone ever attempt a robbery while you were a manager? you ever hear stories from colleagues etc?
>i'll look for you in the news
cheers bruh
>>
OP is fucking retarded.
The CO19 will be there in about 5 minutes kek. You'll need like 5 guys all with shotguns if you wanna pull something off.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.