[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

What do you think about God?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 38

File: image.jpg (149KB, 545x306px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 545x306px
What do you think about God?
>>
Didn't get around to reading the bible yet but he seems alright.
>>
>>717355250
Gott ist tott
>>
he's a faggot
>>
>>717355250
I don't generally.
>>
>>717355250
God is good God is great thanks for the food on my plate amen
>>
>>717355441
Why not
>>
That's the almighty dude.
>>
>>717355250
Doesn't exist.

If s/he does exist, then s/he is a sociopath who doesn't deserve my respect, and has a lot to answer up for.
>>
>>717355428
Ur a fagget
>>
>>717355250
Anybody who doesn't believe in Him is retarded
>>
>>717355589
This
>>
>>717355250
i love gold
>>
>>717355506
Spent a lot of time researching various religions. If there is a God, it's a concept beyond human comprehension, known experientially rather than through the intellect. I just don't see any reason to contemplate it.
>>
File: nyaaaaa.png (213KB, 324x308px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nyaaaaa.png
213KB, 324x308px
>>717355589
>Him
>>
>>717355250
Specifically that concept of God? Eh.
>>
>>717355250
wish there were one. most of us need one
>>
File: 1232209934540.jpg (73KB, 750x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1232209934540.jpg
73KB, 750x600px
>>717355589
>>717355589
>Anybody who doesn't believe in Him is retarded

Which god are we talking about?
There are and have been thousands of them and I don't want to pick the wrong one.

Apparently these guys hitched their wagon to the wrong god.

Maybe you can tell me which god is the right one.
>>
>>717355874
But he gave us a way to understand him by means of the holy spirit, it's actually a miracle because to know God is to be transcend this physical world
>>
>>717356082
So you blame God for all the evil? Why?
>>
>>717356373
>But he gave us a way to understand him by means of the holy spirit, it's actually a miracle because to know God is to be transcend this physical world

That's right, it says so in the bible
>>
>>717356465
If a true statement is written on a napkin does it make it any less true
>>
I don't appreciate him/her and I hope that if S/He exists I will go to hell.
>>
>>717356701
Thats not something you would want
>>
>>717355250
He's an anthropomorphization of human nature, and how it relates to natural laws.
He's an explanation why humans are how they are, in a similar fashion lightnings were explained as stuff thrown by Zeus when angry
>>
>>717356452
>god is creator of everything
>evil exists
>
>>
>>717356604
You don't seem to understand
>>
File: 1477855338398.jpg (116KB, 1152x798px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1477855338398.jpg
116KB, 1152x798px
>>717356452
If 'god' created everything, 'god' is responsible for the concept of "evil" as well as that of "good."
>>
>>717356801
Definitely yes, I respect Lucifer more than the stupid Demiurge
>>
>>717356859
I think the only mortals who understand are those who God has personally spoken to, and they exist.

I'm still looking for that opportunity
>>
File: 1286828358416.jpg (156KB, 741x248px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1286828358416.jpg
156KB, 741x248px
>>717356452
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

I could go on, but that would take forever. Your gods and religion are violent and stupid.
>>
>>717356959
God had nothing to do with evil. Fallen angels and man did
>>
>>717355250
he either doesn't exists or he is a big asshole
>>
>>717356452
If God is so good and powerfull tell me where does evil come from and why it exist
>MUH SATAN
>>
>>717357148
>fallen angels
>man
>'free will'
Who created these things and put them in place to do what they do/did?
>>
>>717357081
I once spoke to a dinousaur when I was high.
Therefore Dinousaurs are the true gods.
>>
>>717355405
Lerne Deutsch.
>>
>>717355250
he's missing the party
>>
>>717355250
I don't
>>
>>717357134
Oh. Well you're talking about violations of Gods laws that he gave the hebrews, so that doesn't really apply because of Jesus
>>
>>717357134
sounds like roman enforced laws guided by the ten commandents
>>
>>717355309
dont read it, its just a book on early jew life and shit. also its missing a bunch of information and its really outdated. better left unread.
>>
File: kokiri.jpg (288KB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kokiri.jpg
288KB, 800x450px
>>717357081
How much lsd have you taken anon?
>>
File: LeaksRUs_5379.png (171KB, 240x426px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LeaksRUs_5379.png
171KB, 240x426px
Holy fuck what a way to start 2017....go leak your sister or ex gf today lol - snap-leak-cf
>>
>>717357239
Free will is another way of referencing the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
>>
>>717357457
None
>>
>>717355250
That he is awesome and Great.
also mercyful
>>
>>717355250
I am god, you are god, everyone around us and everything, we are a single conscious manifested in thousands of billions of different bodies of living tissue or not.
When I look at myself in a mirror or at the stars in the night sky or the back of some pretty womans head I dont think anything of anything. Everythings great and where anything isnt great greatness is to come so in a tl;dr version.
awesome
>>
File: 1465846742311.gif (171KB, 534x534px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465846742311.gif
171KB, 534x534px
>>717357366
>Oh. Well you're talking about violations of Gods laws that he gave the hebrews, so that doesn't really apply because of Jesus
*see napkin religion above.
What you're saying is that the bible is true because it's written in the bible.

As for JESUS, he spoke to me last night and he told me to save my semen for his breakfast in heaven
>>
>>717355934
Actually, in the bible, adam was a man and was created in the image of god.

Adam=god
Adam=male
God=male
>>
>>717357366
But why would he been so pointlessly cruel to his own chosen tribe? It is almost like some power hungry tribal leader just made these rules up to keep his people under control...
>>
>>717355250
>717356866
>>
javascript:quote('717356866');
>>
>>717356891
>>
File: 1271419680277.gif (5KB, 110x130px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1271419680277.gif
5KB, 110x130px
>>717358115
>Actually, in the bible, adam was a man and was created in the image of god.Adam=godAdam=maleGod=male

Yes, in the bible women are chattel to be abused and beaten

But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
>>
>>717358168
He isn't responsible for our wicknedness
>>
>>717357732
>we are a single conscious manifested in thousands of billions of different bodies of living tissue or not.
Thanks for making me want immortality. Even though what you said is just your conclusion on reality.
>>
>>717355250
Isn't that the guy from street fighter?
>>
>>717358395
I wasnt discusing that, we were talking about if god was a male or not. Besides, i like my fucksleeves tight, not cavernous.
>>
>>717357732
This. Thank you for describing God so eloquently, Anon.
>>
>>717358374
Fucking Kek, anon.
>>
>>717355250
allahu akbar
>>
i think god is a pretty cool guy. eh punishes sinners and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>717358753
+1
>>
File: abortion_faster.jpg (105KB, 480x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
abortion_faster.jpg
105KB, 480x375px
I praise and honor god by sending him lots of babies.
>>
>>717355250
Imaginary sky-cunt with anger issues... who goes by the name yahweh, allah, zeus, odin, flarch, genkosi, nakweeb and/or Steve... depending on how severely mentally-ill his "prophet" and best m8 happens to be.
>>
>>717359079
His name is Bob and he likes to fuck with humanity JC.
>>
>>717359010
Back to (((Reddit))) with you
>>
None of us will ever know or understand the nature of god. Stop trying.
>>
JESUS WAS WELL HUNG
>>
>>717359307
>He's a cool guy. eh punishes sinners and dosent afraid of anything

He also attracts illiterates
>>
"The foundation of irreligious criticism is: Man makes religion, religion does not make man. Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again. But man is no abstract being squatting outside the world. Man is the world of man – state, society. This state and this society produce religion, which is an inverted consciousness of the world, because they are an inverted world. Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion.
Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.
The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo."
>>
>>717359506
>he doesn't know
>>
>>717357134
>shall be doomed
it's just stating the (alleged) fact, not compelling anyone to do anything violent
Leviticus sounds like a self righteous asshole though
>>
File: 1337631254078.jpg (57KB, 700x560px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1337631254078.jpg
57KB, 700x560px
>>
God as a human concept can not exist. Anyone who thinks God can needs to convince the world of there definition of god.
I hope a single being that began or controls life does exist. So it can grow to fear me as I dedicate my life to ending there's for creating my view of life.
>>
>>
>>717360382
>>
>>
>>717359983
>he deleted his own post
>>
>>717360622
Does this look like a cringe thread?
>>
>>717360832
Because it had already been done
>>
>>717360377
It'll certainly fear your butchering of the English language.
>>
>>717357304
Lern* fag
>>
File: 1476194679168.jpg (63KB, 640x517px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1476194679168.jpg
63KB, 640x517px
>>717355250
The main religions are wrong and it most likely an eldritch like thing in existence that cares more about screwing around with us as pranks.
>>
>>717360878
>because "muh conspiracy"
>>
>>717355250
I think that Allah is One god and Mohammed is his true messenger.
>>
>>717361429
>think that Allah is One god
Amongst many
>>
>>717361317
What! I was talking about
>>717358753

That meme had already been posted so I deleted it. What the fuck is your problem
>>
>>717355250
Huge fag
>>
>>717356986
Plus hell is where all the cool people, like hitler, get to go. With someone like Hitler in charge we could turn hell into a successful socalist democracy, capable of providing for everyone while encouraging scientific and personal advancement.
>>
>>717361587
>What the fuck is your problem
Just wanted some salt from (you). That's all.
>>
>>717357081
On a scale from heroin to shrooms, how high are you right now?
>>
>717362048
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>717360410
What kind of nutjob would think that stuff?
>>
>>717360248
>implying the holocaust wasn't faked by jewish shillords to grab hold of the world's business shares.
>>
>>717362295
>"I was pretending to be retarded" Meme
Thanks for showing how much of a butthurt faggot you are, anon.
>>
>>717361560
Shhh don't let the refugees hear you
>>
>>717355250
Based.
>>
File: 1478155348737.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1478155348737.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
He doesn't exist.

Preacher buys fancy clothes and cars with the tax free income.

Then comes in on Sunday preaching to us about sin and greed.

Lol?
>>
>>717356855
>>717356959
>>717357168
do you guys ever eard about free will? God gave to man the ability to chose between good and evil. If the humans could only act in a good way, if they couldn't chose between good and evil it would mean that they are just slaves.
For this reason relision is a nonsense, religion promise a land after death were only good of only evil things could happens to the souls of humans, but how can an heaven be an heaven if you are not free ?
>>
>>717363776
When stupidity meets illiteracy, the results are truly terrifying
>>
God - a creation of man
>>
>>717356002

this

he aight but I prefer to think of a higher energy as just beyond us

nothing more
>>
>>717363776
>free will
see>>717357239
>>
>>717363776
> be human
> God descends from heaven and tells me the rules
> I have free will, but he will send me to hell if I don't do what he tells me too
> question His glorious and infallible logic by asking how I have free will if he threatens me with a terrible fate like that should I disobey him
> instantly regret saying that
> God smites me and I fall from heaven like lightning

mfw I'm Satan now


No seriously. If I hold a gun to your head and tell you you're free to do what you want, but if you don't submit to me and hand over all your earthly possessions, how is your decision making going to be free will?
>>
>>717363776
Free will is a nonsensical concept though, it doesn't exist in the first place. What is free will? Is it a will that is free from being determined by anything but, well, will? Will to do what? What is will, if not the way our consciousness makes us crave the things we need to survive? What is will, if not the mechanism designed to make us crave that which will guarantee the survival of us and our species? But such a will isn't free, nor can it conceptually ever be. And it that's the case, then our so-called free will is nothing but another expression of the living being's enslavement to hunger, thirst, social existence and procreation.
>>
>>717365928
derp, i accidentally a sentence twice
>>
>>717362982
Moar plz with sauce
>>
>>717355250
She's a daft cunt.
>>
>>717365928
>implying you can't forgo your basic needs

Also your definition of free will is all fucked up, it's the ability to choose
>>
>>717355250
A concept similar to fate or destiny. Something that tests the man every day so that they may show their true resolve.
>>
>>717355250
He was, is, and will be lord forever.
>>
>>717366417
see >>717365622
It's not free will if it's still basically choosing life or death. It is indeed still will though, we have a choice, but it's certainly not free.
>>
"Hello, i'm god, i created life and the universe, i gave you the feeling of wanting to touch yourself, but if you do it, that's a sin and you will burn in hell"
>>
File: SPERM.jpg (315KB, 1371x977px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SPERM.jpg
315KB, 1371x977px
>>717366438
May the BALLS of GOD slap gently upon your chin forever AMEN
For it is written, "Unless a man swallows the HOLY SPERMULUM of our LORD JESUS CHRIST he will not be admitted unto the KINGDOM of HEAVEN
>>
>>717357134
You don't ask God to do things for you. You ask him to help you gain the strength do something. "The Lord helps those who help themselves" and whatnot.

It's essentially psyching yourself up.
>>
File: 1481479839522.jpg (3KB, 150x150px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481479839522.jpg
3KB, 150x150px
>>717355405
Lern Deutsch. Nietzsche fickt sich grad selbst im Grabe.
>>
>>717367176
I don't ask imaginary beings to do anything for me, I provide my own motivation for doing things, including being moral.
I help myself to help myself, and don't rely on stupid memes.
>>
>>717357134
Ur taking it out of context
>>
>>717357732
Where does that train of thought go when you start to truly suffer?
>>
>>717368165
>Ur taking it out of context

How can you say that????
It's written on the bible, it's the WORD OF GOD!!!
You must not disobey him or you go to hell.

Stupid believer of lies and myths.
>>
File: 1480912361036.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480912361036.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>717355250
What about me ?
>>
>>717368755
Not him but I'm also a Pantheist. It doesn't change when your sad or suffering, it's still the truth.
>>
>>717369290
>I'm also a Pantheist. It doesn't change

You should change your panthies at least once a week, for GOD'S sake.
>>
Like a neuron in a brain i think on God. I wonder if a god made of man is the underlying nature of the universe, the multiverse, the information dense and the wispy undefined. If Man is a part of a whole thinking interacting aspect of potential God are we but cells in the body of a thought, a potential? Arms reaching i wonder on us, on God as a consept. After all if we fail our potential, we are just embyro dying in the womb.
>>
>>717369895
Kill yourself you worthless piece of human scum. It'll be much better for you if you don't wait for the day of the rope.
>>
>>717356082
Biological mediums need death to adapt genes.
>>
>>717369666
>>717369777
>>717369895
All kind's of 4chan miracles in this thread.
>>
>>717369895
How in gods fuck did you quote the comment that you made
>>
>>717356855
The wolf you feed bruh.
>>
>>717369963
that's incorrect wtf. you think genes change somewhere else in the planet the instant something dies? Genes adapt through offspring over time. Middle school.
>>
>>
>>
>>717357134
Um you ever delt with a group of people and trying to keep things functioning? You gotta be like..... never do x, ever. Because if you have variable details well somone is gonna say you were not clear. Look how much gets lost in translation anyway.
>>
>>717355250
Fucking bastard. You can quote me on that I know first hand.
>>
>>717370159
Um yes. Are you angrly agreeing?
>>
Read the fucking holy books every religion worships and you tell me they haven't tried changing the meaning of texts even if their entire case is that they are "absolute truth written/recorded by prophets" they are apologetic of their own fucking religions after a while just acknowledge each of you have equally inaccurate glimpses of the untrue.
>>
>>717369666
>>717369777
Well this is aquard.
>>
>>717367260
idiot. Der typ hat grad absichtlich das 'tt' gemacht um das von Got'TT' zu imitieren. Elender zynist
>>
>>717355250
Fake and gay
>>
>>717371230
......Bump for the lulz.
>>
>>717355250
no proof of existence
>>
>>717372383
What is your concept that there is no proof of?
>>
>>717355250
he don't exist lmao
>>
If there is no memory before your birth, what will there be when you die. We are in essence the product of randomness. There is no plan just infinite probabilities
>>
>>717372847
any material evidence. Its of course a philosophical question what one may consider as real or not but every given object has a source . at least the source of an idea. Platon. But you can track this source and if you track the source of religion youll only find the idea... made by humans . Ergo God is human. i know it doesnt make him less real but sure makes people look at him from another perspective. Im determinist . Btw im not the guy you asked that
>>
File: that thread tho.jpg (7KB, 177x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
that thread tho.jpg
7KB, 177x200px
>>717373657
1.entropie
2. this
3. My nigga
>>
>>717355250
He is good
>>
>>717373806
Cool, cool. So with that in mind do you still want to belive in a better underlying nature of man? Is hope far from determination in your character?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
If you're talking about God, like the one from The Bible then yeah I believe in him. Before you all crucify me and call me an absolute moron, understand that we all have our own beliefs and ideals and reasons for believing in what we do. Past all the hate for my God or hate for others who believe in something seperate. Most likely if we talk about a different subject I wouldn't doubt we'd get along.
>>
>>717374167
Of course with entropy and cause and effect. They dont care reason. All thought dosent equal action. You actually have to be the kenetic in motion.
>>
>>717355250
who cares? real, not real it doesn't matter. live your life, be a decent human being, feed the worms someday. God doesn't really have anything to do with it.
>>
>assblasted atheists take the b8
2017 off to a strong start lol
>>
File: follow your dreams.jpg (259KB, 960x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
follow your dreams.jpg
259KB, 960x600px
>>717374167
hope is thought. Not a mystical source who gives man more more power than he already has. I only believe man does what he is supposed to do. knowing every input in man , and i mean literally any input , any actoin he does is calculatable. Man isn good . man will never be good . 4chan may be the proff of it. But i also believe in beauty. I think the system we are livig in is a beautyful one . every failiure , every success is somewhat connected to each other , every thing is part of the most complex system people can imagine : life. I think if you search for something supernatural and 'godlike' it may be the funtioning concept of life. I mean its funny how i may affect your life , and you mine even if i dont even know your name where you are from or what kind of man you are. Everything which connects me to you is magnetstciks sending a frequence in radial speed. isnt this shit crazy?
>>
>>717374967
sry 4 grammar
>>
File: 1466569903032.jpg (64KB, 500x680px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466569903032.jpg
64KB, 500x680px
If there is one I sure do hope they don't mind me being on here.
>>
>>717355250
Odin is great and Thor is awesome but mostly I love Freja the goddess of love
>>
>>717358115
This is not to say man is made in the physical image of God per se, but that the pure nature of mankind without sin is designed to be similar to God's own nature. The Hebrew word for image is a lot more broad than just describing the physical.
>>
>>717374967
But a thought in action is ruled by cause and effect. Social statistic is moved by percived positive and neg reinforcement. Good people, are good. Enough time of good people gives humanity chance as a species to trancend in all directions. Or die having indulged not enough big picture thinking to contemporary urge.
>>
>>717355250
myth made up in primitive times by people who didn't know what gravity was or where the sun went at night.

Past sell-by date.
>>
>>717375585
The crib is heartless, but we are infant gods. All the world tells us entropy.
>>
>>717375585
U r talking about good people giving us possibilities right? Well i look at the world and what human does and i cant come around thinking of a colony of bacterias in a glass. we grow , reach our high and die slowly. In the process of dying we have no enemy but ourselves and the this fact proofs the overall thought of nature. its not good or bad , its cyclus. Social reaction is moved by any reeinforcement. It is discussable if good or bad ones are better or not but if a kid grows up in ghetto he is doomed to be a 'ghettokid'
>>
>>717376395
But we can see the shape of things to come. I imagine the bacteria in vinigar reproducing and acidifying the environment past usefullness do not think on the future.
>>
>>717376395
Look how fast technology is moving, if we suvive as a species for another 1000 years what do you imagine?
>>
>>717376857
dont you think bacterias might have similar views on e.g. viruses or rocks? What you are saying is we are able of action. Saving the earth for example. But are we ? Are thoughts things which will make us be better than animals ? We are the same egoistic scum every animal is . we are programmed for survival . But if we have no enemy to fight , what are we? The answer is simple : bacterias on the 'time of their life' . just look outside how we waste our time killing jews , murdering each other , starving each other to death thinking our actions are rightous. Voting biggots in powerful positions and not even aknowledging global warming is real in order to make money of which we have a ton already . Thoughts are just highering the dimentions of action , giving us a weapon able of greatness. Its no life saving thing .
>>
>>717377041
einstein once said: I dont know what the third or fourth ww will look like , but i know the fifth will be fought with sticks
>>
>>717377576
Hey cause and effect dont care about the idiots. Its the math on balance, are there slightly more or slightly more effective good than bad for just long enough?
>>
File: 1460939602598.jpg (98KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460939602598.jpg
98KB, 664x1000px
>>717378290
If your lazy you could plant a tree. While we exchange useless air it could make it breathable.
>>
i think he can check these doubles
>>
>>717377576
Broken systems eventually fail. Hopefully our species makes broken systems and lives and learns. Not that our species personifies broken systems in our own failing.
>>
>>717378290
U keep pressing this 'good' thing. Nothing IS 'good' or 'bad'. they only excist in relation. People just do 'stuff'. Looking to social matter however your answer is no. Man does to 90% shit. Everyone , ne exceptions. a 'good' man denies this single time to donate a homeless (he normaly always does) hes actually the same scum as everyone ... from the perspective of the homeless. The homeless sat all day in the cold to get some money to buy himselve some beer but this 'good' man who didnt give him money is the same dick as everyone else. Its too complicated to explain to you why not even good things are good but u have to take my word for it : we are doomed to our acions. like our actions might also be our best. We take effect on the earth but the bad things are always more important. Thats why rappers are famous for example . They are dicks. The whole thing about being a rapper is being a dick. Thats also why singing about butts is more atractive than singin about e.g. the conversation we are having. I mean... this conversation is way 'better' than nicky minaj but the fact that we are having it on a site like 4chan prooves everything: Mankind does what it does and on social matters its shit
>>
>>717379973
Fine lets call good... the things that are mathmatically likely to benifit a long-term goal.
Self controle, check
Not recklessly breeding, check
Empathy, check
Ect

"Good" is good math
>>
>>717379314
I get you man. I would be a beautiful thing if we manage to grow , break out of the idea of a colony slowly dying . But my thought is : life is a cyclus . this means it goes up and down and up and so on. We WILL decimate each other, but if in the end the are still enough of us we might be able to rebuilt and grow... and do the same shit again. Like a sinus curve. But my problem is that i grew up in shit , i think. Man showed me what he is and i hate it...
>>
>>717380349
And when guessing a mathematical trajectory you deal with outliers but the bulk of the average forms the statistic. It is good to hope, to act "good" to bend the math
>>
>>717380349
I dont know the philosopher who said that but he said: There are no 'good' or 'bad' decisions . A decision is always an equation. All in all if you say a good decision is equal one then u r right ...
>>
>>717380520
Ah but what man strives harder for his children than the husk bored out and burned? Let them hope even if you can never feel it for yourself again.
>>
>>717380694
I think u think that hope is a special variable in the equation but it isnt. it may be a core part but hope is just a weird combination of hormones given toe men. Hope is just like god. It comes from our brain but it doesnt make it less true.
>>
>>717355250
>>717355250
He's pretty cool. I liked him in Seven.
>>
>>717381154
It is good to know that if we snuff ourselves, that life will rise uncaring of our absence. The small flowers opening to a spring gone of us. You could try for more but, eh there is that at least.
>>
she thicc
>>
i think hes a douche
>>
>>717381154
Oh i will! Ill infact teach my children about hope, but also about the price of hope . I mean i hate mankind but on the road i always keep some change to give the homeless. I have no clue why . Maybe its empathy or even hope . Sry but may i ask how old you are?
>>
>>717381230
You put a carrot in front of a horse and it moves. Cause and effect, a idea given action. Hope can move a math.


Your clever you probibly know im going to say hope and faith are not so far apart.
>>
>>
>>717355250
The idea of an omnipotent god is not terribly irrational but there is no point in positively believing in it and changing your way of life on the sheer chance there is one.
>>
>>717381767
30ish years in this flesh.
>>
File: 1482098058211.gif (2MB, 308x303px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482098058211.gif
2MB, 308x303px
>>717382114
>>
>>717381861
I fckn waited until you bring the bridge from hope to faith lol. The only 'hope' (if you call it that way) i see is if a religion can explain death to me and take my fear from it. And i know no religion can. i always think of a kid diagnosed with cancer asking why he has to die... if religion can give him that answer , a satisfying one , i will go to the townhall tomorrow and reassing to church. But since i dont have that answer , ihave no hope, the kid dies in fear this thought kills me inside
>>
>>717382236
Do you have kids?
>>
>>717382542
Mad because I just destroyed the entire thread. Logically speaking there is absolutely no reason to believe in God. The only acceptable form of theism is deism.
>>
>>717382603
When I was younger I used to question death even though I was raised to be Catholic. One of the primary reasons I became an atheist. Religion can't explain it and when you question it they just say one word: "faith". Hard to believe in things that have absolutely no evidence, that's why a lot of scientists are atheists.
>>
>>717382663
I am steril, having both male hormones and female. Is unfortunate, born that way. At least they died before they had cribs.
>>
>>717355874
This
>>
>>717383073
I start thinking that there is a repetion in those things lol. I was raised 'with god' but i soon started questioning it wheni realised that gods 'gratness' only came true when a hurricane blew threw south america... . Well wha can we say ? Life , huh?
>>
>>717382603
But here is the thing, it dosent matter what the motivaton is. Cause and effect just care good action, the math bends for us positivly when we move to a greater picture.
>>
>>717355250
If there is a God what I think of Him is irrelevant.
Whatever he thinks is correct and if I were to disagree I'd be wrong.
This simple concept seems to confuse most atheists which I find funny. Pro Tip: you can never be smarter than the creator of reality, he knows everything and has had every thought possible by virtue of His power.
>>
>>717383284
Shit. Sry. What an irony: The person i wish to carry a legacy isnt able to but people like chris brown have kids. Fairness is also a great invention of men
>>
>>717382603
See the bigger picture dosent care if you are scared of being snuffed out. You are the knuckle dragging ape to future generations, you just need to keep your species from destroying itself.
>>
I dunno, I've been an athiest for the longest time, but I'm gradually more and more gravitating towards norse heathenry. I've been reading primary sources like a mother fucker and they vibe with me.
>>
>>717355250
he's a pretty cool dude and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>717383661
On a serten scale in my opinion. Theretically : of course , but practically :what would you answer that kid? Its in my opnion the most difficult answer to give
>>
>>717384028
also the verse means that stupid people eat more foolishly than cows
>>
>>717383827
I am free of the burdans associated with children, and well intergender is in now so eh. I work with what i have.
>>
>>717383477
Religious idiots will always come up with some excuse to explain something even if it directly contradicts their religion's ideals. If someone questioned why God allows devastating acts of natures then an apologist will reply "It's God's will, we simply can't understand". That's a real easy way of getting out of the conversation as it literally ceases any more of the debate. I mentioned before that deism is acceptable and that is only because deists are religious zealots. Nothing is wrong with the idea of an omnipotent God but there really is no reason to believe in one since there is no evidence. For theists reading this, ask yourself this: Would you believe there is a plate of spaghetti and meatballs underneath a box on a table? No you wouldn't, because there is no reason to. So then why do you believe in a God? Why can't you be atheist and have a much more wider perspective in areas of morality and civil recourse? Being an atheist doesn't mean you don't believe in something greater, it just means you don't believe in a higher being. I still think the universe is extremely complex and that existence itself will never be explained but I have such a unique mindset on topics because I am not corrupted by religion.
>>
>>717383913
I dont want my species to live. It threw me away like it it did to 80% of itself. We dont deserve to live.
>>
>>717384028
If you're gravitating towards heathenry then you were probably never atheist in the first place.
>>
>>717355250
am?
Tezcatlipoca its my only god
>>
>>717384206
>I work with what i have.
lol ... its a shitty joke since you seem cool but : U dont really have a choice lol. But cool that you dont seem to have big issues with it. Adopt a kid , show him life , enjoy teaching
>>
>>717384305
meant to say that deists aren't religious zealots
>>
Every tribe has an origin story. God is just the origin story of a really big tribe. The major religions of the world have roots in agriculture -no pun intended. If you have questions about the workings of your god, I would suggest you talk to a farmer. He's not a mystical force. He is just a dude with a product on the market. People buy it, but that's practically the only way the bulk of people know how to survive. I think god is just as much as a myth as Zeus, Odin, Apollo, Athena, Ishtar, etc. Having faith keeps you compliant with a group, and you all have a common belief. When people separate themselves from their belief, it is a little strange trying to justify your existence and adjust to life from that moment forward. It's so much better to be the master of your own destiny, in my opinion. Why credit someone who refuses to be proven while the rest of human history has done the same exact thing with gods that we have turned into history lessons and bedtime stories?
>>
He was an actual person who lived long ago, but he's long since died and science can literally prove everything.
>>
>>717355250
at this point its established he doesn't exist. my quandary is no longer with god and his ideals. my problem is with his followers, the dogmatic people who wax poetic all about his plans.
>>
>>717384380
Then we have failed even the concept of god. So we die in the rungs of our crib, potential lost. Quantum core stripped, entropy will grow moss on the last skull, and maybe if we were not too greedy in our death throes a bird will sing at the next sunrise.
>>
>>717355250
I used to think God was a big sham to control people but then, I actually got to know him pretty well. However, I tend to look to Jesus Christ for spiritual advice and guidance. He's given me a lot of good hope in life and has taught me to serve others, just as he did. He helps me make sacrifices to help benefit others, just as he did dying on the cross (which is one of the worst ways to die). We all have Jesus in our hearts, we just need to find him. I don't specifically identify with a specific section of Christianity either, I am just a Christian; one who believes in the teaching of Jesus Christ. Give him a shot, he's really helped me out.
>>
>>717384305
>someone tells you there's spaghetti and meatballs underneath a box on a table
>"No there isn't! There's no reason to believe you!"
vs
>"ok I believe you. You have no reason to lie."
vs
>"let's lift the box and find out."
Agnostic master race reporting in to point out you're a moron.
>>
to Americans god is Yahweh, to Indians he is Vishnu, to Arabs he is allah. The truth does not act this way, in America 2+2=4, in India, and in the Arab world 2+2 is also 4. Why cant gods possible existence, be as clear as a simple math problem. If gods existence,and which idea of god is correct matters, why wouldn't god expose the truth to all of us, in a clear and infallible way?

You see the funny thing about the truth is that it will remain true, even if you weren't raised to believe it. The truth does not require indoctrination, communities, traditions, institutions, governments, apologetics, stigmatization, tribalism, incentives, or punishments. Yet without these things religion would utterly disappear, never to resurface. The truth however will remain true and available to be discovered even if nobody spreads it. Whether it be by the edge of a sword, the point of a gun, the explosion of a bomb, or from a parent to a child.

maybe one day, religious people will ask themselves why religion requires so many dirty tricks to be believed.
>>
>>717355250
i think god is gay and brings it out on all the faggots
>>
>>717385004
part two because Im having fun

Well, if the Abrahamic God exists, then He needs to be told a few things. The things He needs to be told, in turn tells us volumes about His true nature: that God’s specific type of localized old world ignorance curiously coincides with the localized old world ignorance of those who told us of Him. Furthermore, Billions of people claim to “know” God. How could they all be wrong? Simple. Just listen to them. If ten people claim to know your friend Jimmy, yet they all describe Jimmy in different, incompatible ways, then either they don’t know Jimmy, or Jimmy has been doing some lying.
The argument i often here next revolves around morality, so to you i pose a question. That question is “is murder wrong because its wrong, or is it wrong because god says its wrong. if its wrong because its wrong morality doesn't require god but if its wrong because god says its wrong morality requires god.”
This is perhaps due to plain ignorance or emotional bias, many religious folks think and spout divine command theory as if it hadn’t been soundly defeated thousands of years ago. The funny result is that theists are often operating under the misapprehension that atheists cannot account for morality, when in actuality, it’s exactly the reverse. Now id like to say, God does have a creator, but it might not be who you think it is. Ironically, it was God who was intelligently designed - not us. Id like to end by saying If the Abrahamic God is real, then He cares more about the rapist's freedom to rape, and the murderer's freedom to murder, than He cares about the lives of their victims. The free will which i hear bout constantly, is not free but instead is based in favorability, and gods incompetence.
>>
>>717355405
nice Google Translate, faggot
>>
>>717385094
part three

Because I was constantly being told that I'm rejecting God, and I knew that wasn't true, I decided to research rejection, which made me aware of its effects. My studies took me in a completely unexpected direction. The epiphany (pun intended) was rather shocking. The evidence indicates that the personal god is a manifestation of the ego, which explains a plethora of theistic tendencies, including their typical dislike of atheists, who theists subconsciously perceive to be rejecting a part of themselves. God is Tyler Durden; and the first rule of Jesus Club is you have to talk about Jesus Club. The second rule of Jesus Club is you have to talk about Jesus Club.
>>
>>717384305
Bilogical mediums require death and suffering to diversify and adapt.
>>
>>717374286
until you try implementing a religious law standpoint into a countries government like America. The making of the Constitution was a completely secular movement but still nobody is going to elect somebody without a Christian background because the religion will still be a major factor in the majority of the people under said government.
>>
>>717385244
part four oh its a two parter BTW

As nature reclaims abandoned American homes, as our infrastructure crumbles, and our science standards fall behind. 4000 new tax exempt churches pop up in america ever year. not for Santa, or the tooth fairy but for this so called god. There are hundreds of thousands of them outnumbering schools, restaurants, stores, museums etcetera. These churches fill my neighbors and friends heads with ideas and notions of god. A god who’s everywhere all at once. but despite this they have to go to the church to give him money. then they go knocking on my door with their supposed holy book, waking me up, every weekend. not to tell me about santa or the tooth fairy, but to tell me about god. At my door to tell me how “broken” or “unworthy” i am. if all this were done in the name of santa or the tooth fairy, might you have something to say about it? The book of this supposed god is the best selling book of all time. Not because people want to read it, but because it gets pushed upon everybody. laid atop every church seat, or stuffed in a hotel room drawer, given freely to children, or grasped in the sweaty grip of every preacher on the street corner with his blow horn waxing poetic about my impending torture.
>>
>>717384305
Yepp, herd aaaaaaaaall that 'he works in mestirous ways' before. But Yeah if you want supernatural >>717374967
the part about beauty... I mean beauty doesnt need evidence . Its just there and everyone feels it
>>
Buy a copy of The Skeptic's Annotated Bible. It is an awesome book to have in your arsenal. You can shut people up and take notes in the process.
>>
>>717385350
part four 2/2

there it is written by people no different than you telling us how and what to believe. they aren’t talking about the Santa or the tooth fairy, but if they were might you have something to say about it? you say America was based upon christian values not santa or tooth fairy values, and few politicians are even considered electable without this obligatory “god bless america”. no different than it appears on countless billboards and bumper stickers, placating the masses all who need you to be like them, unlike santa. our lives are governed by these politicians whose policies are dictated by the “God believing” majority, not the “santa believing majority”. But if it were might you have something to say about it? Because these politicians profess to believe in the same just and good god as you, of course we would expect them to behave most ethically, but do they, of course not. contrary to that its the non-believes who aren’t trusted, maybe thats because of the slander spread about us from self-proclaimed “fair and balanced news”, all the way to the book of romans the propaganda from ages past which they parrot, often without thought or empathy, or maybe its because we dare to object against this supposed god. If this situation were reversed might you have something to say about it? to put it bluntly, i don’t talk about God because I know he exists; i talk about god because I know you exist.

thats all
>>
>>717385245
Look, personally I think arguing against the whole "omnibenevolent, omnipotent, etc" idea is stupid. But I can still respond to that. If God was all powerful and good, why not just make a world full of happiness?
>>
>>717385350
>At my door to tell me how “broken” or “unworthy” i am.
To be fair you seem pretty fucking broken and unworthy with this 4 part shitpost. Maybe you're projecting your problems m8ey. btw not reading the rest of your novel.
>>
>>717385027
wtf is this vid? Is he nippling that girl or really just cuddling?
>>
Finally, a popular thread that isn't porn reposting. I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>717384701
Well about that, i could use technology to reproduce but. Well if you have a heard of animals and you breed thr sick with the sick, you get a buildup of bad genes. I choose not to force past biology. The next generations needs all the help it can get.
>>
>>717385538
>>717385538
>I think arguing against the whole "omnibenevolent, omnipotent, etc" idea is stupid
>tries it anyway
>>
>>717385540
you dont have to read the rest of my "novel", its a series from an old essay i wrote, always fun to post when theists deny conversation.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 38



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.