[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can God be a benevolent being if hell even exists in the

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 36

File: jesus-bleu-mauve.jpg (16KB, 363x391px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-bleu-mauve.jpg
16KB, 363x391px
How can God be a benevolent being if hell even exists in the first place?

So first off I'm a 20 year old atheist. I've been an atheist since I was 17 but before that I was a Christian. I was raised in a Christian family, around Christian friends, and in a Christian community - but I think I've always been at least a little bit skeptical. A lot of Christians have told me that it's not God's fault if you end up in hell, it is your own. Now, that is understandable, but why should anybody have to end up in hell in the first place? If God is truly omnipotent why can't he just make it so that you cease to exist upon death if you are not Christian? Why does he have to make it so that you get to burn for an eternity just because you had a different viewpoint in your physical life? I don't understand how a loving being could allow that to happen to ANYONE, even Hitler. I just feel like the whole concept of hell is such a sadistic and messed up thing for a god to create (a god that supposedly loves his creates) and send people to for the simple fact that they had a different outlook on life. To me, hell sounds a lot more like a cruel scare tactic - telling people if they do not follow one way then something unthinkable will happen to them. I remember when I was younger I sometimes use to wonder things like "how do I know my religion out of the thousands is the real one?" and "how do I know god exists without any physical signs of him?" but I never pursued those thoughts any further because of the fear of hell. I guess I'm just sort of curious as to how somebody can say such a being is benevolent when it has no issues allowing people that it supposedly loves to burn for an eternity with absolutely no way out.
>>
File: TLDR.gif (153KB, 264x218px) Image search: [Google]
TLDR.gif
153KB, 264x218px
Fuck that.
>>
>>717332098
Find all the descriptions of hell in the Bible. You'll find that it's a bit different from the popular cultural image.
>>
>>717332098
Hell isn't a burning cave

It's a state of oblivion which is close to what you describe god should do.

Listen I understand the atheism and anti religious wave that is hitting everything and everyone lately, but have you considered that there is a god and that both sides (atheists and even religious people are wrong)?

Let me explain, what if people are too stupid and interpreted everything the wrong way?
We follow Jewish adventure books but what if the real creator was not Abrahamic?

What of he wasn't even connected to Jesus?
Can you deny the possibility?
>>
>>717332098
To make it to heaven you have to repent for your sins. If Hitler went through the intense mental anguish and metamorphosis that accompanies repenting for sins like that, then he should be able to go to heaven as a new person.

The road to heaven is meant to be difficult and painful. God tests his followers, and nobody will get in by sweet talking him.
>>
>>717332098
>I guess I'm just sort of curious as to how somebody can say such a being is benevolent when it has no issues allowing people that it supposedly loves to burn for an eternity with absolutely no way out.

It's because He respect's peoples life choices. He doesn't force anyone to heaven, if someone doesn't want to have anything to do with God, then He doesn't want to have anything to do with you. It's as simple as that.
>>
you have freedom of choice my man... without it, you would simply be a puppet on a string living out a life that was predetermined for you. God WANTS you to WANT HIM. He won't make you love him. You are free to choose either way.
>>
>>717332098
That's because God isn't good, the bible says he is good because the bible was written by prophets manipulated by him, in fact he is sadistic and vengeful.
>>
>>717336341
Not true. People complain that God is cruel because God lets YOU choose your fate; be with Him and live by His rules or go your own way.

If you choose the latter, to live without God's love and protection, you can't blame Him for Your choice.
>>
File: bedheadTwit_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bedheadTwit_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>717332098
>>
>>717332098
First off, you can get out of hell and it isn't eternal. Secondly, Jesus wasn't Jewish, the Old Testament is a crock, and he went out of his way to demonstrate that. But he had to do it within certain constraints or he would have been stoned to death by the Jews themselves and thus could not have had the spectacle of a crucifixion. If he just got stoned to death, he'd be discarded as just another blasphemous prophet of no significance. What decides your immediate fate after death? Your last thought immediately preceding your death. If you're in the habit of thinking happy, loving, nice thoughts, your chances of a heavenly afterlife (which may be very brief before you're flung back down here again) are greatly improved. If your thoughts are mostly selfish, cruel, or hateful, you're more likely to have a hellish existence, even if it's just for a short time. The more good you are, the more intensely you focus on good during your life, and the more you eliminate "bad" (not sin) from your life, the more likely it is you get a good afterlife and a long one, and that maybe your next life after that will be better than your current one. Also nothing except God is eternal, therefore impossible that your afterlife would be. The purpose of your afterlife is not to punish you, it is to prepare you for rebirth into the world (not necessarily this one... could be any inhabited world).
>>
I'm with you OP. Religion is the cancer of the human race.
>>
>>717335880
That doesnt answer my question.
>>
File: 1483297277341.jpg (34KB, 253x395px) Image search: [Google]
1483297277341.jpg
34KB, 253x395px
>>717332098
>>
>>717332098
have you put bananas in your bum as of lately?
>>
>>717336978
Have you read the New Testament, anon?
Jesus said he hadn't come to overturn the teachings of the Old Testament.
Jesus was a jew.
>>
>>717336844
Why do you dislike freedom so much you have to adopt the lack of freedom given in an old book of fables?
>>
>>717336978
This is complete bullshit, even ignoring the resurrection stuff.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." (Matthew 5:17-18)

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. (Luke 16:17)
>>
>>717333761
This
>>
>>717337724
I'm curious now, what freedom do you think you have, that a religious person doesn't have?
>>
>>717337592
No, he said he came to FULFILL the Law.

Now lets look at what that means. Every law has two parts, the crime and the punishment. When you break a law by doing some crime, or sin, you are now under the law until it is fulfilled by suffering the appropriate punishment. Once you have, you are no longer under the law, it has been fulfilled.

Christ was punished for all of our sins. HE took that punishment on himself, though he did not deserve it. By accepting his sacrifice for your self, the law is now fulfilled for you too.

Seriously, Check out Paul's letter to the Romans starting about chapter 7, he really lays out how this all works. I'd suggest a New American Version or New International Version for ease of reading.
>>
>>717338196
So everyone gets to go to heaven now, since murder, infidelity, and thievery are all legal now?

What part of Luke 16:17 did you not understand?
>>
>>717338071
Freedom to live a good life doing good, without acknowledging some imaginary sky-creep is watching me take a dump and counting how many times I don't thank 'him' for a universe that doesn't require 'his' magical intervention to operate just fine... just to get into some maginary sky gulag when i die, where I get to suck up to said sky-cunt and kiss this fucker's ass for only a few hundred billion years without parole.

You're welcome, Mrs Delusional.
>>
>>717338579
I'm agnostic and your answer was pathetic.
>>
>>717338196
There was no crime.
Eating an apple is not a crime.
It's good nutrition.
Gaining knowledge is not a bad idea either.
Bad laws are not laws worth acknowledging nor accepting.
Jesus came to pay for a crime nobody committed which can't be passed on like an inheritance anyhow.
Fucker died for nothing and wants something from me for his bad choice. I owe these imaginary cunts nothing.
Problem?
>>
>>717338579
This is exactly why God gave people a choice. If you would rather not spend eternity with the Lord of the worlds, you don't have to.
>>
>>717338864
But was it true?
I thought that was all that mattered.
Your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>717332098
youre an atheist and are fat but that is too long to read son.
>>
>>717338895
You dream of spending as much time with your imaginary friend as you like.
That does not mean it's true.
>>
File: partyalive.jpg (100KB, 753x960px) Image search: [Google]
partyalive.jpg
100KB, 753x960px
>>717338881
We have found the Jew this is now a Hitler thread even he was religious.
>>
>>717339124
Hitler was right... apple juice is a nice healthy drink.
>>
>>717332098
you also forgot to mention how god is suppose to know everything about you (that includes if you end up going to hell or not) but still throws people born "bad-natured" into hell

back in the day all of this was made to control the masses, nothing more
>>
File: rasulullah.jpg (268KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
rasulullah.jpg
268KB, 1600x700px
>>717332098
If you are dissatisfied with your atheism, try reading the Quran.
I was an unhappy Christian and an unhappy atheist, but exploring Islam was the best choice I ever made.
>>
>>717332098
Personally I enjoy one of the Jewish answers I heard. God is EVERYTHING. The good AND the bad. There's no devil that causes people to do things. It's simply the good and evil voices in your head. Everyone has them.
God has rained FAR too much destruction in Old Testament to be purely benevolent. Sometimes people have just had one of those days where you've had it up to HERE with everyone and everything. Why should a God that created us in its image not?

Raised Jewish, currently Atheist.
>>
>>717334581
Why test anyone or anything when you're omniscient? You already know whether or not you planned for it to pass the test, so why create the test, just to doom a vast majority of your own creations?
>>
>>717339553
Because people do have free will. God might know your choices, but he didn't plan them. He left them to you.
>>
>>717338951
Your answer was pathetic because the only freedom you thought was exactly the freedom of not believe in God, which is obvious, and contribute in nothing to the life quality of an atheist.

What I wanted to hear was what freedom an atheist has that makes his life better than that a religious.

I wasted my time with you.
>>
>>717339509
The voices in your head are schizophrenia.
Stop listening to them.

Religion... the last mental-illness we don't treat.
>>
>>717335570
Wow, what a set of options this benevolent deity has offered, complete subjugation and worship, or burn in eternal agony and torture. Yeah, that's some free will he's giving you there. The option to save yourself from what he's going to do to you if you don't choose to save yourself.
>>
>>717339506
no, turning to allah (piss be upon him) is just like turning to jesus. same principles apply faggot
>>
File: 2m5hp.jpg (578KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2m5hp.jpg
578KB, 2400x1800px
>>717339506

Top kek.

Yeah OP, go with a verifiable knock-off of Christianity invented by a privileged pedophile with more severe narcissistic personality disorder than Jesus.
>>
>>717339506
I've read the qur'an.
It's hilarious garbage.
I urge everyone to read it.
If you read the qur'an and end by saying "Mmmmmm! That sounds plausible" then we've found the retard in the room. It's you.
>>
>>717339736
Except it's just oblivion. If you are an atheist, then you will get exactly what you expect after death.

Humans were created by God so that there would be some creature with free will. Those who choose to follow him are welcomed above even the angels. Those who choose not to will simply get what they wanted.
>>
>>717337592
You guys actually think that what is written in the New Testament that you buy today is what was actually written in it when it was written? I don't know how you can be so naive. It's appalling and ridiculous. They manipulated whatever they needed to in order to consolidate their power and confiscate lands etc. There are hardly any Christians today who practice Christianity. Look at how the churches are temples of vice. Centers for profits, not prophets.

The truth is very different from what is written in the pages of your silly book.

For example, why would "Satan" have bothered trying to tempt Jesus when he would have already known that wouldn't work? And why would Jesus have put himself there? And if there were no witnesses to this, then how could anyone know it happened?

Same goes for the nativity story and so on. Overlooking for the moment that it is a stolen story from another legend, modified and adapted to fit the Christian doctrine, let's look at the rest of the facts... no way that anybody was there to witness these events, so the author could only be writing it based on hearsay evidence.

Jesus would not have cursed the fig tree. That was childish and didn't make sense. Also Jesus could have made the fig tree bear fruit if he wanted to, which would have made more sense.

And so on and so forth. The Catholics fabricated a lot of it and cherrypicked what to include from what actually did exist.

Here is what really happpened: Jesus did change many of the things that were considered law.... working on the Sabbath, eating whatever you want, not stoning people to death because they have sinned, and many other things, argued that the divorce law was wrong, put a stop to money changing in the temples, and most importantly, told people to stop making sacrifices. That was a really big one. So he did a lot of things, but preserving and protecting Old Testament law wasn't one of them. His comments had a different meaning to that given.
>>
>>717338196
Anybody sick of the fact that we have to understand the bible to debate christianity/(a)theism, but most Christians don't even understand or appreciate the difference between theists, deists, atheists, or agnostics?
>>
>>717339995
you just have to forgive him and it will be alright
>>
>>717338571
Go read Romans Chapter 7

>>717338881
The sin was disobeying God's rules for living in His Garden, not eating an apple.

The Bible has a long history in the old testament of using a sacrifice for the remission of sin. Th problem was, no sacrifice man could come up with was really good enough. They would select the -most- perfect lamb or goat to sacrifice, but none of them were -really- perfect.

Jesus, on the other hand WAS perfect in God's eyes. His sacrifice was enough to clean the sin from everyone, for all time. But you gotta CHOOSE it. It's not automatic. And once you DO choose it you gotta walk the walk. THAT'S the hard part.

And it works like an inheritance because God says it does. Accept that Jesus died for your sins, live a life God can accept afterwards. That's all he requires of you and you're in. You're trying to apply human logic and thinking to a being that is not human.

The alternative? That's pretty easy too. God's coming back, eventually. All of His children will be taken to a NEW earth to live WITH HIM. The rest will be left behind to whatever fate THIS earth has coming.

Simple choice, really.
>>
File: 1483120693845.jpg (11KB, 145x145px) Image search: [Google]
1483120693845.jpg
11KB, 145x145px
>>717339702
I sense you're not smart enough to understand that "Freedom from fear of an imaginary, impossible and horrific afterlife" isn't good for one's quality of life.

You're not as smart as you imagine you are.
Have a chat with either Dunning or Kruger and get back to me, anon.
>>
>>717339995
Hi rabbi how are you today?
>>
>>717339124
I'm convinced ever religious person has some nagging doubt that they have to condition themselves to close their eyes too, with either mental gymnastics, indoctrination into arguments built on confirmation bias and muddled thinking, so it calls into question how religious people are as well. Which I think is resoundingly answered by the fact that even churches have lightning rods, and people no longer go to clerics for bloodletting, but rather can get actual medical treatment based on biological advancements that the church fought tooth and nail.
>>
>>717339995
The Bible is just the beginning, Anon. Of course it's full of errors and mistranslations, it was assembled by a fucking committee.

But it is a key that opens a door to understanding. Once you go through that door and begin your daily walk with God, listening for that still, soft voice to guide you, you'll begin to understand.
>>
File: 1482430991625.jpg (46KB, 720x612px) Image search: [Google]
1482430991625.jpg
46KB, 720x612px
>>717339995
No.
I've read many of the books taken out of the bible by the Romans.
You know... The tales about jesus as a child and his pet dragon and how he killed some other kids and made birds from mud and magic.
And the tales about jesus sleeping with a young man who he had brought back to life from the dead.

Do not assume we're all as ignorant of your scripture and bullshit religion as you, anon.
>>
File: 82fnV.jpg (38KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
82fnV.jpg
38KB, 500x276px
>>717340139

Forgive the god with the big plan, she who is omniscient and omnipotent? For changing the rules all the sudden?

It's the single most contradictory and irreconcilable aspect of Christianity that by itself should be enough for a self-respecting person of modest intelligence to laugh at the whole of Abrahamic religions.
>>
File: 1297023245534[1].jpg (116KB, 1160x728px) Image search: [Google]
1297023245534[1].jpg
116KB, 1160x728px
>>717332098
it all makes sense when you realize all religions are man made
>>
>>717338071
Are you retarded? Your religion restricts everything from thinking to living your life like a normal person, from the day you are born you are stuck with a book with rules and doing anything the book forbids "sends you to hell"
>>
>>717340191
It is obvious that the fear of what comes after death is shared by all humans religious or not, I thought you had realized that.

Perhaps an atheist suffers even more from this fear than a religious, a religious has hope and an atheist doesn't have.
>>
File: bFvtMlB.jpg (205KB, 1200x566px) Image search: [Google]
bFvtMlB.jpg
205KB, 1200x566px
>>717340152

God, creator of all that is irrespective of time, had a plan and some little earth men fucked it up!

My sides.
>>
>>717340437
Which garbage in the collection of magical garbage, called the bible, is more trustworthy that the other garbage in the collection of factually incorrect garbage, called the bible, anon?
>>
>>717340404
Religion and Faith are very different things, my friend.

Religions can be corrupted by the greed of men for wealth and power. Something EVERY Christian church has been guilty of since the beginning.

Faith is what you believe in your deepest heart and only you can change it. I know a LOT of very religious people that are going to be in for one Hell of a shock, come Judgement Day.

What you have to decide for yourself is what you believe. Worry less about what others believe.
>>
>>717340662
>>717338864
>>
File: quran.jpg (188KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
quran.jpg
188KB, 1400x788px
>>717339856
Muhammad was known to be quite modest and kind. He believed in things like equality and altruism, and tried to modernize the region. It's such a shame that much of the Muslim world even now ignores the core of his message, and uses it to justify their sinful lives.
> pedophile
Except he married Aisha when she was probably 17. Other people manipulated the texts to emphasize her virginity, and perhaps to justify their own pedophilia.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha#Age_at_marriage

>>717339792
Islam is a very different religion, though worshiping the same God. It addressed all my problems with Christianity.

>>717339903
If you're that blinded to the truth then I just feel sorry for you.
>>
>>717340834
Read it and see for yourself. And don't tell me you have, edgy, hipster atheists ALWAYS say they have when they've only seen cherry picked passages on whatever Tumblr or Reddit echo-chamber they hang out in.

Go read it.
>>
>>717340367
Oy vay-ry well, thank you.
>>
>>717340717
That's fear of the unknown.
It tends to be called unknown because it is unknown.

Saying it involves magic fire and/or magic ass kissing is simply your way of exhibiting your self-deception.
I pity you and your fear.
>>
>>717341104
Which part of "I've read it" didn't you understand?
Have you actually read it?
>>
>>717340881
Faith is ultimately what I'm talking about, or rather, it's lack thereof evidenced by the religious individuals inescapable drive to grasp the worldly blanket of logic and technology even as they are in their places of worship. Hence the lightning rod on the church roof analogy, but it's much more comprehensive than this obviously; they grasp many worldly blankets; medicine, science and tech are probably the biggest, but you don't see people praying for their cable signal to improve; they adjust the antenna. The only thing that really gets anything done is action. Faith is an ill-defined and worthless abstract used to manipulate people's fear of death/the afterlife. Respect your point of view though.
>>
>>717340641
But that black kid, it's just karma biting him for the shit he did to someone in some other life. And the baseball player is reaping the rewards of his good karma from some other life. As ye sow, so ye reap.
>>
>>717339475
Of you were a giant man in the sky you too would find yourself lonely and immature. I like to imagine god is playing with us like action figures.
>>
>>717332098
I mean people weren't supposed to go to either heaven or hell. Hell was made with the intention of placing beings that wicked creatures in. We were meant to stay on earth and have that be our domain. But despite our fuck up he gives us a chance to make it into heaven. Christianity is about having Jesus paying for your ticket into heaven. Not believing in him is like saying you want to try and pay your own way in by being perfect.
>>
too much sugar bad for teeth anon
>>
>>717332098
TL;DR if god exists from whence comets evil?

He doesn't. The human mind. Good day to you sir.
>>
>>717341089
Islam is a hilarious bag of jokes.
I recommend EVERYONE to read the qur'an.
It is fucking hilarious.
I shit you not.
If you thought the bible was funny and filled with bullshit, you'll fucking LOVE the qur'an.
Read it this year.
You'll thank me....
>>
File: terrific.jpg (302KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
terrific.jpg
302KB, 992x744px
>>717332098
>So first off I'm a 20 year old atheist

my sides
>>
>>717339698
So then he isn't omnipotent/scient?
>>
>>717340717
I'm an atheist and I call bullshit on that, christians have to live 24/7 in fear of doing something that would make jesus angry. I know I'm not suffering because I know I came from nothing and I will come back to exactly that, I don't remember much pain back then and I'm sure its not too different from falling asleep.
>>
File: 1297983442669.jpg (40KB, 604x259px) Image search: [Google]
1297983442669.jpg
40KB, 604x259px
>>717341334
some people actually believe that. doesn't make any sense. god damn people are fucking stupid
>>
>>717335880
What's the point though? Why would God do this to us? Why create something that you get mad at for being different when you purposefully programed it to be able to think differently from you
>>
File: vintage alt right.jpg (98KB, 768x635px) Image search: [Google]
vintage alt right.jpg
98KB, 768x635px
>>717339124
>>
File: make bait great again.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
make bait great again.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>717339506
>>
>>717340755
God gives us the freedom to believe what we will. He also gives some of us the wisdom to know when we are being duped.

If you wanna believe that there is no God, that there is no afterlife then good on ya, m8. I got an antique iron bridge to sell you in New York, you'll love it.

The old testament is filled with stories of how God's Chosen People kept fucking up. It started with the Golden Idol they made right after they left Egypt. People are generally just fuck-ups when it comes to this, and every time, God would wait until a new generation had been born and try again. And again. And again.

Finally he tells Humanity "Just follow THIS guy, and we're cool." And here we are, still fucking it up....
>>
>>717341248
Faith is NOT ill-defined at all.

It is "accepting that for which there is no evidence nor can there be any evidence".
It is the opposite of logic.
It is "holding true that which may not be true without a reason to do so"... as opposed to logic which is "holding true that which can be shown to be true".

You're not very bright are you?
>>
File: B8Zpi72.jpg (48KB, 552x615px) Image search: [Google]
B8Zpi72.jpg
48KB, 552x615px
>>717341648
He created us so that we could entertain and worship him
>>
File: jayzus.jpg (43KB, 313x700px) Image search: [Google]
jayzus.jpg
43KB, 313x700px
>>717339995
>>
>>717341119
Im not afraid, I'm in a better position than you both, whether God exists or not when I die, I will find out, so why should I care?
In my end I'm going to die with a clear conscience that I lived my life as I wanted and that I didn't irritate any deity.
>>
>>717332098
This is a fundamental misunderstanding on the nature of Hell, also the argument against omniscience/presence/potency is specious because it contains a fundamental flaw in the understanding of nature of man. There are many, many writings on both. Look them up and do your own work. Read. Start with Catholic mystics and Doctors of the Church.
>>
>>717332098
Christians be like: Our god is jealous, worship me over all. Do it all the time. Dont do it, or dont give me attention, Hell for you.

Ask for forgiveness, just to fuck up again. You were born fucked and you die a cuck. Never does the bible say the right way to worship, just TO worship.

Religion.
>>
>>717341516
I'm a Christian and I'm not in fear. In fact I have less fear now than I did before I became a Christian.

Tell me, what do you think Christians fear that you don't?
>>
>>717341089

Anyone who creates a religion that demands faith in answers to questions no one can possibly know is a narcissistic sociopath.
>>
>>717341798
...or we created gods so that powerless creeps can do what they want , claiming the invisible magic sky-man backs them up?
>>
>>717341798
He could have created anything to do that. He could compel his creations to do that, like the Angels.

He gave us a CHOICE. Yes he WANTS us to love Him and live according to His rules, but nobody has to. You choose your fate.
>>
>>717342033
Fear is an ideal made by man, and god is jealous, which makes him imperfect. He is a father figure with ego issues creating meat puppets to worship him.

Hell is heaven was a real place, like a reward for good people, it wouldnt matter how you worshiped or whom, Heaven is a christian only reward and goal.
>>
>>717341885
You won't 'know'.
You'll have nothing to 'know' with.
Your brain will have died and rotted away.
Software can't run without hardware, bwa.
>>
>>717341777

You're making all of that up. You CANNOT possibly know the will of someone else, yet alone an omniscient being.

And trying to convince others to believe it? This makes you an sociopathic asshole.
>>
>>717341777
Social media + morons = ideals.

A wise man once told me, It is no man or god we should fear, but an idea in the hands of a moron.
>>
>>717342214
Got any evidence for that bullshit, sonny?
>>
>>717342220
You really think your imperfect mind can judge God? Knowing that Humanity is DEEPLY flawed, you still think that you above all men can judge the creator of all?

Bet you think your dick is big enough for your waifu pillow, too
>>
File: 4.jpg (15KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
15KB, 600x338px
>>717341434
Thank you for doing your part to spread the religion, sir.

>>717341511
He is, but he chose not to exercise it for your sake. Even the angels do not have the privilege of choosing to follow God.

>>717341767
I voted for Trump.

>>717342086
I tried, buddy.
>>
>>717342235
I have nothing to believe
I have nothing to disbelieve
I have nothing to lose
>>
File: 1482858246142.jpg (130KB, 716x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482858246142.jpg
130KB, 716x800px
>>717342033
Burning in hell for an eternity because you beat your dick to gay furry shit
>>
>>717342247
He thinks spreading fear will herd the primitives to his temple...
It's a tactic that's worked so well for thousands of years.
>>
>>717342366
Only what's written. Take it or leave it.

But consider that if YOU were God, and I know this is a stretch, but if you were Him, would you want people who HAD to love you, or people that CHOSE to love you?
>>
File: 1481981857439.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481981857439.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>717342214
In the end he would KNOW what the outcome of our lives and therefore choices would be
>>
>>717332098
>Christian
>Doesn't even know about his 'religion'.

If you follow the Christian faith: only those who reject the Christ will suffer for their sins, as the Christ child paid the blood price for your sin and holds the keys to heaven. For you may only reach the Father through the Son.

Wide is the way to destruction. All are given the choice in the end.
>>
>>717342470
Then how did Satan become Satan? Does that mean God created Satan?
>>
>>717342437
Lets keep this in reality. The conversation died, like your free will and cognitive thinking process, when you gave your ideals to a floating being making promises.

Its 2017, people really cannot believe in all this nonsense. Im better than god yes, because there is no god.
>>
File: tmp_6152-1482899371051903073609.jpg (57KB, 424x617px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6152-1482899371051903073609.jpg
57KB, 424x617px
>>717332098
Meh. Its an interesting idea, but the Bible wasn't written by God or Jeebus.... it was supposedly written by men who knew Jeebus. They had a vested interest in having others follow their way of thinking, so even if Jeebus existed and really was the son of God, who the fuck can say exactly how accurate the bible is? Hell could well be a human construct, a scare tactic devoted solely to making people think they have to followvthe word of God to get into heaven.

Mind you, pretty much every religion, ancient and modern, has a 'Hell'... a place where non-believers and bad people go after they die.

So yeah, the concept of Hell far predates Christianity anyway. Christianity borrows a lot from other religions, so the concept of Hell could well just be a carry over from them.
>>
>>717342470
He chose not to exercise it for our sake. But he did think to create a completely loaded scenario where the only good option is to follow him.

"Hey I can give you 40 bucks. Or I can kick you in the nuts. You can choose I'll let you choose which one. "
>>
When religion was horseshit.

God is jealous god. Angel wants a promotion. He was given hell, for trying to be on a same playing field.

Is this mordor yet? Where are the dragons and magic wine?
>>
File: 1481750181043.gif (2MB, 288x280px) Image search: [Google]
1481750181043.gif
2MB, 288x280px
>>717342532
...except time spent contemplating and planning for and ensuring your compliance with something that's highly likely untrue and only one of many many possible options on a planet with many mutually-exclusive 'faiths'.
>>
>>717342585
No evidence?
Just some outdated and badly written crap from desert nomads who didn't know shitting down a well then drinking from it might be a bad idea?
That's a 'no' then...
>>
>>717342247
You can believe what you want. If you think I'm wrong, go find out.

I believe that my soul is prepared. How is yours?

>>717342626
Consider what we know of "reality". Now look at all the things we DON'T know. Quantum Physics being just one example of how much we really don't know about how reality even works.

But you will state, categorically, that God does not exist, and talk about it like you could actually PROVE such a statement when proving a negative is a logical impossibility.

Your statements are no less grounded in faith than mine.
>>
>>717342585
I would force them because I'm not that mean. I just want things to work. I would want my workshop to be full of functioning inventions. not this broken shithole where the best I can do with my approval ratings is maybe 1/4 of the population of my subjects.
>>
Hell has to exist, otherwise where is the justice? It was made for the devil and his angels, not for man, but any man who rejects God will end up there as well.

Now, what do I mean by saying "reject God"? It's important to first understand what the problem is, and that is sin.

Sin is disobeying God, which can range from insulting someone to murder! We look at these as small and big sins, obviously stealing is not the same as genocide, but at the end of the day, both are still sin.

The wages of sin is death and separation from God, and God cannot simply blink at sin and provide forgiveness, because he is a just God, which means justice MUST be served. Someone has to die. Someone has to pay the price for all the sins.

If you pay the price for your sins, what happens? You die, but then you're separated from God forever. The standards to get into heaven, into the presence of God, is perfection. Even if your only sin is saying a single curse word, that's already non-perfection, and you cannot be in heaven. The Bible says "God is light and in him there is no darkness".

So you might be thinking: "This is impossible, nobody can be saved, nobody is perfect, everyone has sinned".

You're right, so what is the solution? How can God provide forgiveness, yet remain perfectly Just at the same time?

The answer to this is in the cross. God himself manifested in the flesh as Jesus Christ, lived a perfect life of no sin, then was tortured and killed by his own creation, on the cross, saying "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do". Then rising again 3 days later for all eyes to see, defeating death and providing you OP, and everyone else on earth, forgiveness of sins, so that you can be presented as blameless to God, as if you never did anything wrong in your life.

That is the love of God towards you OP, it's not about making you comfy and giving you toast for breakfast, it's about things your human mind could not even understand, so don't be so shortsighted! :)
>>
>>717341782
Faith is fairly ill-defined in that it means something different to nearly anyone you ask. For you it's faith in your particular conceptions about Jesus and the judeo christian god, for another, of even the exact same sect or church, that is a completely different quantity. No need to be insulting if you can't even keep up.
>>
File: illusion.jpg (232KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
illusion.jpg
232KB, 1280x1280px
>>717342605
Satan is part of God, and he is an instrument by which we are tested. What is the point of having free will if there is no other choice, and no temptation to be led astray by?

>>717342814
Not necessarily. It's more like giving a kid a candy and telling him that if he doesn't eat it for ten minutes, he will get two more pieces of candy. You can choose to enjoy the material comforts of this world, or you can walk a much harder and much more satisfying path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNj_Y1UWhU
>>
>>717343163
The thing about faith is that there can BE no evidence. I could give you my own experiences but you would not accept my Testimony, nor the testimony of millions of others, as valid because it would not suit your argument or purpose to do so.

>>717343179
>I just want things to work. I would want my workshop to be full of functioning inventions.

We had that, in Eden. We fucked it up. God gave us a choice and we chose wrong.
>>
>>717342741
What's the Jewish one like?
What's the Shinto one like?
What's the Norse one like?
What's the one the Kinjuju people have faith in like?
What about the afterlife as described by the Holy Frog Woman of Saigon?
>>
>>717342585
I wouldn't be a moron and create creatures which would disobey me later on just so I would have reason to burn them after they died, and spare me the "free will" bullshit. If god existed and he would be truely omniscient he would know what choices a person would make even before the person would be born.
>>
File: tython.jpg (12KB, 236x303px) Image search: [Google]
tython.jpg
12KB, 236x303px
>>717342214
>He
>>
It takes real heavy brain damage to be guided by "faith." How it is comforting to others giving trust into the hands of nothing is amazing. I hear time after time people drop 1 liners like "It's in gods hands now."
What the fuck? Just like that. They have rules they play by, like life is not shit enough with the law of man, now they play by 2 rules. They give money to their church instead of shit they actually need. Religion is a strange thing.
Id like to think I am the master of my own destiny, and if things go wrong I could make them better, instead of hoping a deity will wiggle his wand if I clasp my hands and prey to the watermark on my ceiling, only after admitting faults and donating copious amounts of funds and time so I can maybe see spaceland 3D (on ice) after I die.
>>
>>717332098
Im not gonna read your text. The only thing I want to say: I recently converted to autism. I was a former catholic. I feel happier then ever. I got no friends or gf anymore and I developed 1 special talent. Im smart. Being autistic is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. For 2017 I try to convert people to autism by going through the neighborhood like jehova.

AUTISM IS THE TRUE BELIEVE
>>
File: 1350914995_4.jpg (39KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1350914995_4.jpg
39KB, 320x480px
Wait!

>Inafter discounting the existence of God

But instead of full outright saying there is no God of the Universe maybe what you're looking for isn't in Christianity? Or at lest not this time in your life, maybe not ever again. I was atheist at a very young age (~13) until some deep thinking and drug use and all kinds of experiences which opened my eyes closer towards the truth. Right now all I can agree with myself being called is Pantheist, and beyond that I am less assured in what I think I know. So I say don't let this thread be a place to debate about theories like this, though it does help, let this thread be something that allows you to further interest in it all and seek out different viewpoints which you can take some or none from to further your own perspective on the world around us. Do what you feel is right, you don't have to all the time, but just try to be a good person and to learn and explore all of the things around you. Look at religions other than Abrahamic ones (judiasm, christianity, islam) but also stay aware of those who only seek to put you into their corner of the ring, keep fighting for your own pursuit of whatever it is you desire. Or let go of that all, lol buddhism good luck with that!

Sexy girl pic 4 attention.
>>
>>717343378
No.
It's just you and your lack of a dictionary.
Oh... wait... you got some Internet on your cheek there.
Let me get that for you.
In second thoughts, get it yourself?
>>
>>717332098
You sound scared of hell. Call me up anytime
My number. Hell isn't hot enough.
>>
>>717343602
But if the goal of creating is to have someone love you, and, you create someone who has no choice BUT to love you, do they really love you?
>>
>>717343555
Testimony is like foreskin.
Lots of them about. So what.
>>
>>717342972
Kek, I just don't care what people think, the large majority is retarded one way or another.
>>
>>717333761
So what exactly is hell?
>>
>>717343555
28million people in the ancient world would have been able to give you testimony about how Zeus lives on Mt Olympus with some goddesses and does magic.
Testimony is unimportant and not evidence.
>>
File: MPSih.jpg (34KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
MPSih.jpg
34KB, 480x356px
>>717343173

Find out where? You have no answers, just lies.

What the hell is a soul? REALLY, tell me what that is. Can you describe it in any tangible way or are you just repeating drivel some other arrogant follower told you? That's what I thought.

My best approximation of what religious followers are talking about when they say "soul" is some sort of afterlife existence that involves a floaty boaty energetic essence of what you are now. Unfortunately, without a brain your floaty boaty essence will have no memories and no perspective or understanding of ANYTHING because that is a function of your physical brain. So let's suppose you do have a floaty boaty SOUL, what does it matter where it is or how prepared it is? It will have no perception, sensory, or analytical abilities. Feelings? Pain? Joy? You need a physical brain for those. Otherwise you have nothing. No thoughts, no gods, no lies.
>>
>>717343880
So he created us because he wanted to be loved? And if he was really omniscient he would know we would end up disobeying him
>>
>>717343919
My point exactly. No matter what proof I could find, you will not accept it. You can't, so you must move the goal-posts, as it were, to protect your ideals.

You might believe one man's account of seeing bigfoot, or another's account of being kidnapped by aliens, but tens of millions of Christians relating there own, personal experiences is just to flimsy, right?
>>
>>717343239

There is no justice. You deserve nothing you arrogant fool.
>>
>>717343960
What is it about the story of Zeus that tells you it is untrue, anon?
>>
>>717344312
don't care
don't care
don't care...
>>
>>717344294
I never said I deserve anything

There is justice, it is found in God.

"God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus."
(Romans 3:25-26)
>>
>>717344263
That's because you're not presenting proof.
You might think you are... but that's because you're not too clever and think any old shit is 'proof'.
Present evidence and you're in with a chance.
Got some?
>>
>>717344259
IF God is omniscient, and I'm not convinced he is BTW, then yes. God would know who will and who won't believe.

But we know that God is an emotional being from the Bible accounts. Is the idea that God would HOPE to change more hearts impossible?

Why do we imagine a Perfect Being as one with no hopes or desires?
>>
>>717344218
Our soul is what our brain is crudely emulating. Upon your death you will be freed from your flesh coffin and transformed.
>>
>>717343239
>where is the justice
People like you need something to reflect their life choices on, people like you can't comprehend life without rules and regulations. You need a guide book because you cannot come up with things that are good or wrong in your head. You're the kind of person that thinks if there ever existed a purely atheistic world existed people from that world would run around beheading themselves.
>>
>>717344610
If I walked up to you with Jesus Himself beside me and had you look at the nail holes, even stick your fingers in them, would you believe it?
>>
>>717344103
It's basically life's after-party, but the one where God didn't show up to.
>>
>>717344482
And that is why it is clear you have a mental-illness.
You don't care about truth... just your own selfish protection of your own self-constructed bubble of belief.
That's a sign of a mental abnormality.
Get well soon.
>>
>>717344263
All it proves is generations before technology passed teachings they themselves were taught. The ways of the past are given new hands, but the truth of it is people have outside opinions and ideals now.

Religion will die soon enough. Through ideals of the past incapable of change, war or practice, we will die with it. With religion, nobody wins except the collection plates.
>>
>>717344837
I don't think it will be quite that entertaining.
>>
>>717344761
Can you?
Pictures of jesus-holes and timestamp or gtfo, anon?
>>
>>717343595
Have you tried Google? Cos yeah, that's all I plan on doing.

But yes, the Norse have a Hell. Shinto has a limbo-esque state. Kinjuju appears to return a heap of poker results. And the Holy Frog Woman of Saigon roughly correlates to the average crazy cat lady.
>>
>>717345044
Okay, so lets say I can't (no surprise). But what if I could show you a guy who DID see Jesus, AND put his finger in the nail holes?

Would you at least consider his story?
>>
>>717344738
You're very, very, very wrong.

>People like you need something to reflect their life choices on, people like you can't comprehend life without rules and regulations.
Neither can you, no matter where you go or what you do, there are rules and regulations. Do you obey traffic lights? Do you pay taxes? Do you respect your parents? Do you condemn theft?

>You need a guide book because you cannot come up with things that are good or wrong in your head.
I don't need a guidebook, as the law of God is written on our hearts, we are made in his image as moral agents.

Coming up with "good or wrong" myself is actually horrible, because then morality is not objective, and anyone can come up with their own rules. Hitler won WW2? Dang, I guess killing homosexuals and gypsies is good now. Might makes right, nothing we can do about it.

Objective morality means moral laws that exist independent of human opinion, and without God, these cannot exist and all morality becomes subjective, and I assure you nobody lives like that even if they give lip service to subjectivity in their nice first world apartment while listening to Sam Harris on Youtube.

>You're the kind of person that thinks if there ever existed a purely atheistic world existed people from that world would run around beheading themselves.
No, but beheading would become a neutral act, just like every other act. Richard Dawkins put it best when he said, at bottom there is morality but only pitiless indifference. We are machines made to propagate DNA, we are nothing but animals.
>>
>>717344761
Yes.
Can you?
Post these pictures of your jesus + his 'hole-y' hands + timestamp right now, bwa.
>>
File: 9QyWiyc.jpg (51KB, 620x464px) Image search: [Google]
9QyWiyc.jpg
51KB, 620x464px
>>
>>717345288
Yes.
But I'd want to see evidence of his magic and some evidence he's the rape-child of yahweh from Bethlehem. Also he'd need to be able to chat in aramaic.

Can you summon this magic demon of yours?
>>
there's just no proof of any of this /x/-level shit
>>
>>717345044
>>717345327
Ya know, the funny thing is after you both asked for pics with timestamps, if I actually had one, you'd both scream "PhotoShopped"

You know it's true
>>
File: sdfsdfsdf.jpg (12KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdfsdf.jpg
12KB, 181x278px
>>717344872
There is no truth, the truth is anything you want to be true.
I will truly love my wife until she hits 40 yo and then i will truly love a hot twenty.
>>
>>717344583

Justice is a man made word. It's literally and expression to of the thought that one man is deserving of something over another.
>>
>>717345604
Of course I would, or I'd at least question it. With modern technology it's so easy to fake a picture that I'd have to be an idiot not to at least be skeptical.
>>
>>717345288
Some cunt with a mere claim to a wild story? No.
What else ya got?
>>
>>717344713

WHAT? HOW? How did you come to that conclusion? What bible passage is that contained in?
>>
>>717332098
Hell is the absense of Christ, of fellowship. It is the rejection of God, the refusal to come to Him
>>
>>717345326
>No, but beheading would become a neutral act, just like every other act. Richard Dawkins put it best when he said, at bottom there is morality but only pitiless indifference. We are machines made to propagate DNA, we are nothing but animals.

Really? We're pretty much living in an atheistic world right now, I can't see any beheadings being done in the Europe/US and what, is our society being adapted to the bible or the other way around? Your bible keeps adapting to our society and it will right until every retard realises it was bullshit all along
>>
>>717345604
If you had access to jesus magic, I'm sure he'd be able to teleport this guy to everyone and we'd not need photos. Your complaint is disrespecting your omnipotent jesus.
>>
>>717345582
Read the book of Luke. That book, and Acts, were both written by the same guy, a physician undertaking an investigation of "this Jesus person" at the behest of some luminary named Theopolis. This happened some 70 years after the events in question.

There you will find the testimony of Thomas, one of the Twelve who traveled with Christ during his ministry, and who doubted his own eyes when Christ rose from the dead, until he put his fingers in the holes.

That's the best I can offer you. If you wanna know more about God, go ask Him. Get it straight from the being himself.
>>
File: I8P1l.jpg (57KB, 416x580px) Image search: [Google]
I8P1l.jpg
57KB, 416x580px
>>717346062

Bible passage? Or are you just a delusional and narcissistic as Jesus was?
>>
>>717346062
...like Pittsburg?
>>
>>717332098
I guess the idea is that God is pure, so anything with lots of sin can't be around him. So he made a place for them to go. Unfortunately it sounds like he made it with all his wrath involved. People want to look at God as a pussy, it's probably due to the media and just every ones own fears and desires. But regardless the big guy in the sky is the 'baddest' thing out there, you kinda have to pay that fact some respect. He clearly asks everyone to fear nothing but himself. Before anyone complains about that it's also for your own benefit, like everything else he suggests or commands. To fear only the lord means you have no fear of any enemy, God isn't your enemy even though that's how people see him.
From what you've said OP, it sounds like you grew up in a christian life style and didn't pursue any real relationship with God. For me heaven and hell have always been the last thing on my mind. I can't imagine either so I don't bother. I know what I need on this earth is help, cos life is hard. In that pursuit I've seen things and felt things, known things, down right miraculous. So I don't doubt God, he's revealed himself to me, it wasn't a quick easy process. There are days where it's easy to forget my blessings and stumble. But when you think about his spirit as water and his word as bread. It makes you realize then you forget about God, you're starving and you won't be able to function with out him. You won't see him, or hear him or trust him. I think you followed other people. Friends, family, community. You didn't think and seek for yourself. Thats how a lot of 'atheists' end up.
>>
>>717346129
Meaningless.
Pointless.

Harry Potter stories refer to King's Cross railway station so Harry Potter must be real... right?
>>
File: BU0Utgt.png (125KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
BU0Utgt.png
125KB, 500x465px
>>
>>717346129

I just called God's name out. No answer.

Might want to see a doctor if you're hearing voices, schizophrenia is no laughing matter and your's seems to be progressing.
>>
>>717332098
There are LAYERS in hell. There is limbo which is a slightly more boring heaven, but not totally hellish, and people can even leave isf they ask for forgiveness and wait long enough. The onther layers are for rapists, murderers, the greedy etc. atheists and such will go to the first layer, limbo.
>>
>>717346127
No where, in any scripture is Jesus described as being Omnipotent or Omniscient. Even God himself is not described as such.

The only thing either is described as being "All" of is Loving.

It's funny you mention Jesus Magic because there IS in fact a story in the Bible of how one person did just that and without Jesus' permission.

The story goes that when Jesus was traveling a woman with what was described as a bleeding disorder mearly touched his robe as he passed. She believed so strongly that that alone would cure her.

Jesus was heard to say "Who touched me? Someone touched me, I felt the power go out of me."

Reports are that she was cured. Jesus said her own faith had cured her.

That seems to be the key to the Jesus Magic, Faith. Even Jesus himself reportedly said "If you will have faith even as small as a mustard seed, you will say to the mountain 'Move' and the mountain would move."
>>
>>717346558

How do you perceive and experience hell with no brain or body?
>>
>>717346101
No we're not, you're only living in your little bubble where you think that's true

Besides, I never said there would be beheadings, I said that if there were any, then as an Atheist there's nothing you can say to condemn the beheadings because you have no foundation for objective moral values.

Sure you can make up your own morality, but if someone disagrees with you, what makes your morality superior to his? That's the issue here. Without God, you're left with relativism.

The Bible is not adapting to this world, some people are, and if you actually read the Bible you would know that the situation we are in right now was perfectly described as what will happen in the future, and this was written thousands of years ago. I love how so many Atheists pretend to know the Bible, but in reality know very little to nothing about it.
>>
>>717332098
If you stop and think about it, we're all living within the body of God. Organized religion is a sham but some of the main ideas of the bible translate into universal truths. Look at your own body, there are doctrines laid out that your cells follow for the most part and we're supposedly made in the image of God. It would therefore make since that we would have an innate desire for growth and preservation of our environment. There are extenuating circumstances within all of this that cause adverse reactions, like levels of degradation in preserving nature, similar to that of cell death in slow motion by our account.
>>
>>717346558
Well then in that respect all atheists are safe. All an atheist needs is actual proof of God to believe, and with limbo they get that. What's to stop them from not believing their whole life, dying and going to limbo, thereby giving them proof, and then believing and going to heaven? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of believing in life?
>>
>>717346251
You are mentally ill.
Get well soon.
You are also ignorant of atheists and atheism.
You can fix that by reading.
>>
>>717346841
Never heard of the Trinity, right?
>>
>>717346916

I love how so many religious people speak of the afterlife with such confidence, in reality, they know NOTHING about it.
>>
>>717345884
Consider how many dimensions we live on, and how those dimensions have dimensions onto themselves. A popular theory about why we cant measure or see dark energy/matter is because it exists on another dimensional plane from ours. what's to say that souls arent just a "special" kind of energy existing on a different plane of reality, one which niether you nor I are able to comprehend. Im not the anon you were arguing with btw im just putting out a theory here, you believe whatever you want my dude.
>>
>>717346940
No.
We are not.
>>
>>717347117
What is a soul?
Tell me some properties of one.
Thanks.
>>
>>717332098
What if "hell" is the state a soul enters when it has sinned in life?
>>
>>717347103
Ah, the good old "copy paste what they said and change a word" method used by people with no real thought process
>>
>>717347252
What is a soul?
Tell me some properties of one.
Thanks.
>>
>>717347117

You're speculating with pure imagination, just as the schizos who first spoke of God and created religions.
>>
Personally I believe in quantum suicide. Going off of the theory that every choice you make branches off into an alternate reality, I could put a gun in my mouth and fire. To ME the gun will misfire and I will not die. To the other alternate reality me he is dead as the gun fired. I can continue to pull the trigger and it will malfunction everytime because the only reality my mind can exist in is the one with which the gun hasnt gone off yet. try it for yourself OP.
>>
>>717347366
You are trolling or retarded.
>>
>>717347555
*slow claps*
>>
>>717347478
Are we witnessing 2017s first new religion being born?
>>
>>717346405
Yeah, but did you really want to talk to him?

Seriously. Did you really want to talk to Him, or was this the mental equivalent of a crank phone call?

Look, I don't care if you believe or not. I really don't. But one of the tenants of my faith is to spread the Word, so that's what I'm doing. If I can raise a question in your mind that has you seeking answers, great.

If not, oh well. Savin the savable is the best I can do.

There are heaps of books, videos, etc. that you can get into if you get curious about this whole "God" thing. It's not about being some edgy angsty teen or being a smart, cool atheist with a leg up on reality. Like that matters.

Are you happy? I am, mostly. I'm not afraid of death, though dying gives me some pause, because it means I get to see my Pops again and go flying with him. Heaven for me is a couple of Spitfire Mk14s and a clear sunny day over the channel. Your mileage may vary.

But if you wanna know more, pick up a copy of the Bible and read it. I recommend and NIV Study Bible. Lots of cross references and definitions of non-english words. Good shit.

To everyone else: It's dinner time. Thanks for the argument, loved it as always. Have a good New Year.
>>
>>717347555
Brilliant.
Your logic is actually flawless.
The Nobel Prize committee must be informed at once...
>>
>>717347366

I need to copy and paste one sentence? And a strawman response? Really that is all you have?

You have no proof of the afterlife, so you are speculating. I'd put no weight or bets on your words. It's just as reasonable to say that we all get ride unicorns on the rainbow highway when we die, but ONLY if we were wise enough to poop in the woods while wearing nothing but a top hat in the rain while facing Northwest. There just as much proof for your account of the unknown as there is for any arbitrary explanation.
>>
>>717347478
The whole purpose of that post was to say that just like dark matter and dark energy cant be seen yet it still exists on an alternate plane, a soul could be the same, making it possible to exist without us knowing a lick about it. Although another possibility is that because you can humanly experience "nothingness" then your perspective is shifted onto the very next sentient being to come into existence capable of experiencing reality. A sort of reincarnation, of the mind. IDK like I said Im just saying theories here, I dont believe in anything.

>>717347478
Thats why I said the word
"theory" asshat. Because the concept of god, and the concept of no god is just that, "theories" NIETHER can be proven. its just whatever you are brought up to, or choose to believe in.
>>
>>717346405
There are plenty of people who do know God on a personal level, just because he doesn't talk to you doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

That's actually an elementary philosophical mistake. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, anon.

If you're interested, I can share hundreds of videos on Youtube of people getting healed and experiencing God on a supernatural level.
>>
>>717347851
Sarcasm or are you legit, because the thought of branching realities could prove what happens after death. Like say you die of old age, well to yourself you will not die as you happen to live in the reality where you are the first person to live to 200. stuff like that.
>>
>>717347963
No... actually they're hypotheses but let us not quibble in the presence of your imaginary god.
>>
>>717348093
Legit man.
I wasn't being sarc.
I actually took off a hat I wasn't wearing as a sign of respect...
>>
>>717348034
Fascinates me that there are people like you who don't realize it's your own brain talking to you. Do you think dreams are magic too?
>>
>>717347939
We never were talking about the afterlife, you are simply desperately looking for ways to attack me, and even then you actually have no actual thoughts other than saying "Oh you think you know, well you don't! haha stupid!" Oh okay, thanks.

Do you have proof that Alexander the Great existed? If you can't build a time machine to prove it, I will not believe it.

Your arguments are just silly. My belief of the afterlife comes from the Bible, so the question you should be asking is whether the Bible is true or not.

In the same sense, if we want to know that Alexander existed, we check the historical data we have. We don't build a time machine.
>>
>>717347704

Yes, I really wanted to talk to an imaginary person who you made up in your head.

You ABSOLUTELY do care if I believe, it's crucial to your fragile ego...and that of every other proselytizing christian. You'd feel pretty vulnerable if you were the ONLY person in the world spouting what you have been going on about for the last hour here.

Tghe bible is a horrible piece of literature. Contradictions, plot holes, rambling nonsense on pretty much every page about things that may or may not have happened a long time ago, but are incredibly banal, boring, and just plain don't matter.
>>
>>717348312
I haven't personally spoken to God, and I do know when and how my own brain talks to me, I don't need you to tell me that. I do know people who do talk to God, and heal in his name, as well as prophesy. There are also people who have been into Heaven and Hell as part of a vision, dream, or near death experience, and many of them were non-believers who then came to believe.

There are thousands upon thousands of cases like this, and there are tons of testimonies all over Youtube from people of all walks of life.
>>
>>717348148
I SAID " I dont believe in anything" in my fucking paragraph. Do i have to spell it out for you dumbfuck?
I

A
M

A
T
H
E
I
S
T

T
O
O

Dumbass
>>
>>717332098
Hell isn't necessarily the presence of evil but the lack of God. Gods kingdom can't have sin in it and sin will always exist. So by definition a place must exist for sinners.
>>
>>717348034
And that bullshit means nothing, NOTHING at all.

Let me explain... If you change the word 'jesus' for 'allah' you can find a similar number of bullshit stories. Now change the word into Zeus and go back a thousand years... ditto. Now change the word to Amun... go back another thousand... and ditto.
Means NOTHING.

Diseases clear up. The human immune system is damn good.
Folks are lucky. It happens.

Get over it... It's called reality.
>>
>>717347963

Theories are proven hypothesis. In order for an idea to be a theory, it needs evidence. You're just making hypothesis, which is fun and all, but the are untested shots in the dark.

Calling me names doesn't make anyone more likely to believe your ideas. It just exposes your immaturity and inability to carry on a conversation about the topic.
>>
>>717348531
...and you're touchy about being corrected by another atheist?
Goodness.
>>
>>717348515
Literally all of this is explainable by brain activity, no universe man needed. It may rock your world but all that anyone knows is what their brain puts together for them.
>>
>>717347122
Somebody has a closed mind. The fact that we're composed of the same base materials as the rest of the universe only further supports my claim.
>>
>>717348785
Kids... what can ya do?
>>
>>717348861
..What else would we be made of anon?
>>
>>717348949
>dicks
>>
>>717348034

Knowing God on a personal "level". What does that even mean. I'm just guessing here, but I didn't know there were that many mentally ill people out there. Thanks anon for enlightening me.

>Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, anon

Yes it is. If you propose something is more than just a thought in your head, you need external evidence. The thought (and voices) in your head are not evidence to anyone else of anything.
>>
>>717348686
>Get over it... It's called reality.
Said the person who has done no research whatsoever, doesn't even care to find out, and immediately reached the conclusion that the other person is false.

See for yourself, don't judge before knowing anything about it. That's the sign of a stupid man.

There are stories from other religions, very few I might add compared to Christianity, and usually don't involve supernatural elements. It's also important to remember that the dark side exists as well, so demons can do supernatural things as well.
>>
>>717348861
Only if it is that Natural processes created those materials and no gods nor magic nor bullshit was involved at any stage.
>>
To ez it's because he works in mysterious ways
>>
>>717349049
Show me evidence of this dark-side you claim exists.
Thanks in advance.
No... don't run away now. Post evidence.
>>
>>717348949 Not the same person, but this is a side-step and not a truly introspective question.
>>
Late to the party, but I just shrug and consider that if there is a monotheistic guy in the "sky", he's a clever god, and that's about it.
>>
>>717348844
>These things you talked about that I know nothing about can easily be explained by brain activity
This is what close mindedness looks like, people

And no they're not explainable like that. People don't get out of wheelchairs they've been in for years due to brain activity, nor get cured of cancer or feel overwhelming unconditional love while speaking in languages that they didn't know but others understood. These are not natural events.

>>717349020
It means to be in a relationship with your creator.

>Yes it is. If you propose something is more than just a thought in your head, you need external evidence.
It's not, and sure if I was going to convince you that something is true, I would need to provide you with evidence, nobody is denying that.

What evidence do you want? Historical? Scientific? Philosophical?

You do realize that Atheism has a burden of proof as much as Theism does, right? Agnosticism doesn't though.
>>
>>717349049
Ever cracked open a history book?
Have you?
Your claim doesn't stand up.
Every other religion... not just your imaginary jesus. .. has supernatural claims. Many, many more than your religion, going back thousands of years.
Mythology. Look it up.
Maybe if you'd studied the subject?
>>
>>717349496
Don't they?
Do you even Neuroscience, you ignorant cunt?
>>
>>717334581
>implying hitler sinned
>>
>>717348319

I'm ATTACKING you? You're the one making presumptions about where I get my words from. I have made no such attack on you, nor have I called you stupid, those are your words. Mental illness is a serious thing, you can take that as an insult, but I mean it in a serious manner. I truely think Joseph was schizophrenic and Jesus likely had a severe case of narcissistic personality disorder. These are conclusions any legitimate psychologist would support given the evidence in the bible as well. It's VERY fair to say it. Take offense if you like, but that's the fact of it. I can link you to wikipedia pages on these topics if you aren't aware of such afflictions.

My arguements have yet to be countered by you. You provide dogmatic responses about hell, and god's love and healing, all of which are other people's words, they are not your analysis and conclusions. I know this because I've been around long enough to hear this dogma over and over again from Christians. It's an ever-present cognitive dissonance that pastors have been drilling into followers for hundreds of years. It's boring and easily countered.
>>
File: tmp_28358-1610008612.jpg (178KB, 663x904px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28358-1610008612.jpg
178KB, 663x904px
>>717332098
The Eastern Orthodox conception of "hell" is entirely logical. After death, those who have rejected and defiled the love of God experience the majesty of God's benevolence unfiltered by the flesh and they experience it as an eternal burning. Only God is eternal and the only hell is man-made resistance to the divine through an indulgence in sinful nature. God is the only good in the universe and outside of it, our free will is His gift to humanity.
>>
>>717349496
Well anon, it's very simple.

Is it

A. Magic

or

B. Brain activity

Both can be used to explain it, but one is way more reasonable than the other.

The cures are bullshit by swindling televangelists
>>
>>717349180
Funny that you wanted to know about the dark side rather than the light side...

Sure though, here you go. I've seen many videos, but the 2 that popped into my head right now are the following:

Jerusalem demonic sighting over Dome of the Rock (Title says UFO, but there are no UFO's, they're actually demons)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSqRKmhQcs

Or, glass breaking during ouija board session (ignore the clickbaity title)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_E_e9Tlz0M

In fact, I suggest you watch all the videos compiled by this dude called Xendrius on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7uHI1x09A (Part 1)

I don't know about his other videos, not too convinced with the conspiracy theories, but from my own experience and talking to many people and reading many testimonies, I know these demonic activities exist.
>>
>>717349690
Hitler didn't really sin... compared to Saul and his #ForeskinCollection4Yahweh
>>
>>717349496

> It means to be in a relationship with your creator.

...which means what?

And atheism has no burden of proof. It is the default state we are born in. When we have no beliefs in anything upon entering this world. I was born not believing in god, unicorns, leprichans, santa clause, etc. I don't need to prove they don't exist, because I did not posit that they did.

Yes, show us all the evidence.
>>
File: nazurpie.jpg (42KB, 396x297px) Image search: [Google]
nazurpie.jpg
42KB, 396x297px
>>717332098
How Can Governments Be Benevolent If Taxation, War, And Poverty Exist?
>>
>>717349496
Wrong actually. Atheism is the state of not believing in anything. That's a common misconception, but atheism in itself doesn't say that God doesn't exist. Atheism only holds the idea of neutrality. They don't believe in gods existence, but they don't believe that he doesn't exist either. Admittedly a lot of atheists in practice don't do this, but based on the basic definition of atheism, atheists have no burden of proof.
>>
>>717350028
All the ones you posted are known fakes.
What else ya got, bwa?
>>
>>717349734
You gave me no arguments except wild speculations, stop wasting my time.

Even the most Atheistic historians will tell you Jesus existed and his crucifixion was a fact, it's not my problem that you're ignorant of these things.

I highly recommend you check out the debates of Dr. William Lane Craig on Youtube, he can provide you with excellent evidence for the Christian faith. He has steamrolled all the big Atheists in debates. (Except Dawkins who refused to debate twice, like the coward that he is)
>>
>>717350145
Hahaha what a liar you are

There are 9 videos in that 3rd link I posted, compiled from various sources. Go watch that if you're interested, otherwise stop wasting my time.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.