[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello gentleanons. Psychopathy is a widely misunderstood personality

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

File: genericshitpost.jpg (363KB, 1024x1481px) Image search: [Google]
genericshitpost.jpg
363KB, 1024x1481px
Hello gentleanons.

Psychopathy is a widely misunderstood personality trait blurred by the medias use of the term in conjunction with charismatic sadists. I've seen many threads devolve into arguments over who's the sharpest edgelord.

I will not be bumping the thread, if there is no interest, it will die. Join me for your own edification. Expand your knowledge and find clarity in it.

There is no glory in psychopathy. Ask me anything, for I am a psychopath.
>>
>>717244823
same
>>
Do you enjoy prostate stimulation during masturbation and/or intercourse?
>>
>>717244962
While this has nothing to do with Cluster B personality disorders, I do actually enjoy prostate stimulation. I, however, am not attracted to men, or men that anons refer to as "traps".
>>
>>717244823
What separates you from a sociopath? What's the main difference?
>>
File: oc_cringe.png (123KB, 480x591px) Image search: [Google]
oc_cringe.png
123KB, 480x591px
>>717244823
You startrd this thread the other day didnt you? Silly anon
>>
>>717244823
>There is no glory in psychopathy.
The fact that you felt the need to say that speaks volumes.

I think everyone generally accepts that psychopathy is something to be abhorred.
>>
What makes you a psychopath?
>>
Being a psychopath must be rough. I couldn't do it, I'd probably kill myself. They've got some kind of non-dairy substitutes you could eat, but I don't imagine it tastes anything like the real thing.
>>
>>717245231
That's a great question and an answer I'm not sure if there is a consensus to.

Please, take my response with a grain of salt as I've only taken a few psychology classes and only speak from my knowledge and experience.

The difference between psychopathy and sociopathy is how it is developed. Psychopathy being a genetic disorder while sociopathy is a behavior disorder developed over time, and sometimes even an active decision.

The DSM V considers both psychopathy and sociopathy the same thing for diagnostic criteria. I hope this answered your question.
>>
>>717244823
Thoughts on schizotypal personality disorder?
>>
>>717245258
I did not. I haven't posted since about 2007.
>>
>>717245281
It's certainly useful in many situations, but those situations do not present themselves often. For the most part it's not a good thing.
>>
>>717245080
So you admit its a mental disorder. By all """""psychopathic""""" logic tou are flawed and need to be purged from the human race. May i suggest drinking bleach
>>
>>717245327
I was diagnosed in late 2014 with Borderline Personality Disorder with Anti-social Personality Disorder tenancies. Psychopathy being included as a diagnostic criteria. It was a long year long road to diagnostics but it was worth it. Now that I know I can drink to it.
>>
>>717245455
That's lactose you beautiful hilarious troll.
>>
>>717245584
I'm sorry friend, I wish I could have an opinion to share with you but Schizotypal is a Cluster A personality which I know very little about. It certainty seems like an interesting way to live your life though.
>>
Can you give us an example of some of your actions that were considered psycopathic?
>>
What gets your dick hard?
>>
>>717245717
Psychopathy is considered a diagnostic criteria, more of a trait than a disorder. There is no "psychopath disorder". But rather if you ARE a psychopath you MAY have a mental disorder.

I understand and acknowledge that you are a troll but you really hit gold here. In previous editions of the DSM mental disorders were considered a flaw, however, much research is pointing to personality disorders being an evolutionary trait.

While psychopathy is not necessarily relevant today's society it is useful in extreme circumstances. Many people think of psychopaths as those who feel no remorse for killing a person they're the same one's who feel no fear from saving children from a fire. Often psychopaths are the one's who react the fastest to natural disasters and bad situations in general.

I hope this helps.
>>
>>717246278
There's a meme with a peasant plowing a field that is barren. It says something along the lines of "This is where I grow my fucks."

Imagine not having any fucks for anyone. That's hard. I was engaged once and I had no fucks to give her. It broke her heart. It broke mine.
>>
>>717244823
You're probably just autistic
Sorry faggot
>>
>>717246332
Anything, this post kinda get's it hard.
>>
>>717246703
Maybe, but I don't trust your credentials enough to take it under consideration.
>>
So are sociopaths just lame, half-breed psychopaths? They're like the vegetarian to your vegan?
>>
File: karen-crying-frosty-melted.jpg (99KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
karen-crying-frosty-melted.jpg
99KB, 500x382px
predatory behavior? check
parasitic lifestyle? check
callous disregard for the well being of others?
c-check
>>
>>717246989
Haha! That's a very interesting comparison. I actually believe them to be quite similar, however if I were to place one of the other I would say Sociopaths would be superior as they wouldn't necessarily have the same negative affects as psychopaths.

Depending on when they became sociopaths they wouldn't have the same issue in their pre-frontal cortex and amygdala.
>>
>>717246989

Pretty much. A sociopath is someone with LOW empathy. A psychopath is someone with NO empathy.

Like all things mental, it's a spectrum that is further complicated with the fact that a person can be benevolent or malevolent.

Obviously, no one wants to medically diagnosed as either because it defeats the purpose of manipulation. A lot of the people who say they are psychopaths just know because they don't really care about things 4chan calls "edgy."

Still, someone can be a successful banker or a serial killer. Both are malevolent in a sense. Someone else can be a great defense lawyer or a great military member. Both are seen as benevolent (military member is praised by country).

And like pedophiles, a psychopath or a sociopath who is self-aware can choose not to follow predicted patterns to throw off "scent."
>>
>>717247123
Predatory behavior - Check
Callous disregard for the well being of others - Check
Parasitic lifestyle - I think you're reading the wrong source material. This is no longer a criteria for Custer B personality types. I myself am completely self sufficient in life. That being said I am likely an emotional parasite.
>>
>>717247546
Oh wow! Thanks for gracing us with your presence educated anon.

I'm not sure if I entirely agree with your assertion though.

Recent studies indicate that psychopaths DO in-fact have empathy as they are able to turn it on and off on command. The summary of the research being that a normal person has empathy turned on by default and a psychopath has empathy turned off by default.

This is also my personal experience. I can intellectually put myself in another's shoes, but it is an active process I have to undergo.
>>
>>717247242

Based on your speech patterns here, I can firmly say that you are of the low-functioning variety. You're just like a little kid who wrote his first program in BASIC, and thinks he's a software engineer.
>>
>>717244823
psych student here. What age when diagnosed?
>>
>>717247988

That's the collective psychopath notion of throwing the "scent" off, which I included in my original post.

A psychopath is good at manipulation to the point that he/she/they can make it seem like they are being empathetic following traditional microexpressions including crying on command.

Another comparison for you: you are telling me about Japanese culture when you yourself have never been there.
>>
>>717248122
I'm dumbing down my vernacular to be more approachable. I'm also incredibly intoxicated.

I hold a B. AS and a B. S.

Last time I was tested I was in the "Bright Normal" range of IQ. Sorry bud.
>>
>>717248398
2014 is when I was diagnosed. I'm 27 now, that would make me 24 I believe.

I always knew I was just a tad off but it was when I was in a serious relationship that everything came to fruition.
>>
>>717248545

Except I mentioned your speech patterns, not your sentence structure. There is a difference, anon.

>Bright Normal
I am to assume that is in the 110ish range.

That's again low-functioning. I start my low-end of functionality where the mean for the population is. The people below the half are non-people.
>>
>>717246567
Robert Lee Yates of Spokane, Washington murdered at least 13 people. Served in the US military for 18 years, and also UN Peacekeeping missions. He flew helicopters and helped stranded people in Florida during Hurricane Andrew. All around good guy, except when he was killin'
>>
>>717249004
>I start....
because what you think really matters to society
>>
>>717249004
Ah, you were convincing at first, but I name you to be a troll. Very good, and welcome.
>>
>>717246105
Oh boi nigga it's da best. Except for when it's shit
>>
>>717249109
I'll add this to my repertoire, thank you.
>>
>>717249411
As is most of life.
>>
File: trump oh really.png (412KB, 523x655px) Image search: [Google]
trump oh really.png
412KB, 523x655px
>asking a psychopath to describe a psychopath

>pretending this is not a 14 year old that couldn't score booze on new years
>>
File: psychopath.jpg (96KB, 333x582px) Image search: [Google]
psychopath.jpg
96KB, 333x582px
hear's a former co worker of mine now in prison
>>
>>717249647
Indeed. Welcome to the thread.
>>
>>717249667
20% of the prison population consists of psychopaths.

2% of the general populations consists of psychopaths.
>>
>>717249404

There is no Bright Normal as per Google.

The normal range is 90-110. As such, I concluded you were in the 110ish range.

>>717249253
I mean not like I have gotten away with several murders among other things.. Fuck me though, right? :)
>>
File: ODed.jpg (755KB, 844x1224px) Image search: [Google]
ODed.jpg
755KB, 844x1224px
>>717249667
hear's the mother of that boy. Psychodude left some bad shit where he knew babymoma would find it. he's also the one who got her addicted in the 1st place
>>
>>717249949
Seriously? You just have to type "bright normal iq" and it will define 111-119.
>>
>>717250055
post moar
>>
>>717249667
>>717250055
Note: 2 days after the mother of his child ODed he's the happiest man on earth.
>>
>>717250152
I actually didn't scroll further on the first page that I got my range from. Still, this is why I dislike IQs regardless of how helpful they are in categorizing people.

>128+ (that's the range they give)
>Very superior intelligence

and yet I think/feel like an idiot.
>>
File: 9_11_11.jpg (520KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
9_11_11.jpg
520KB, 1280x800px
>>717250538
>>
>>717250788
If you're trying to identify me you've failed.
>>
File: psycho.jpg (154KB, 525x436px) Image search: [Google]
psycho.jpg
154KB, 525x436px
>>717250538
>>
>>717250959

That's the profile of the guy who is in prison. Follow your own thread.
>>
>>717251382
I did. I don't care. No one cares.
>>
>>717251501

nice dmg ctrl
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (281KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
281KB, 1280x800px
>>717250538
psycho
>>
Thread appears to be dying, and that's okay.

It's been fun. All of you are great. I sincerely hope you all have a great new years!
>>
>>717251382
seth went to prison for "violating the terms of conditional release" not the murder of baby-moma

hear's a poem her wrote to his ex:

maybe theres a reason why im always sick to my stomach.
sometimes i wonder if its my excessive abuse of drugs and alcohol...
maybe its the feeling of regret and self loathing,
maybe its you; your face and everything that i think of when i see you.
not so much that those unsettling thoughts are even about you,
just that you make me think of them. maybe thats not it at all.
maybe theres a parasite eating away at my intestines,
gradually eating my insides until im nothing but a shell of a man.
maybe its metaphorical, maybe its not. maybe im not even me anymore.
maybe it has devoured my body and soul to such an extent that...
that im not even a human anymore, just a creature biding time until death
or maybe my stomach pain is just telling me to eat some damn food.
>>
>>717251694
why do you know this 13y/o girl?
>>
seems like being a psycho would be a pretty empty existence

most of them are lame bastards anyway, read a fair bit about dahmer and bundy and they were fucking losers
>>
>>717252307
Yeah, it's pretty shitty. I don't enjoy it.
>>
>>717252083
>why do you know this 13y/o girl?
not sure who you mean, could be a niece.
>>
>>717247242
Actually i saw in the show dexter, he had the defect in the prefrontal cortex. But the interesting thing in that was he wasnt born a psychopath, he saw his mother being butchered as a kid which resulted in him becoming the way he is. But also it could have stunted the development of the brain. What do you think?
>>
>>717252565
i'm meaning this seth fag is using facebook like an agnsty little 13y/o bitch
>>
File: 369095_1635537010_697705854_n.jpg (14KB, 180x239px) Image search: [Google]
369095_1635537010_697705854_n.jpg
14KB, 180x239px
>>717250538
1 last pic of seth
passed out from wiskey
>>
>>717252699
it's a tv show is what i think. as much as it could be entirely plausible, to base your entire opinion on a fictional story is just plain stupid
>>
>>717252705
>seth fag is using facebook like an agnsty little 13y/o bitch
oh he was promoting his music career, was a better drug dealer. he was coworker for a bit but ....psycho
>>
File: IMG_0648.jpg (14KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0648.jpg
14KB, 355x142px
As someone who visits a shrink 3 times a week & is a diagnosed psychopath, you're full of shit. Most likely autism
>>
>>717251841
Thanks for the thread. It was a good read through most of it. I have an idea that I'm on the spectrum of a Sociopath, but I'm never going to get clinically diagnosed since I don't want it confirmed to myself or others. Reading diagnosises online isn't really convincing either. Oh well. Happy New Years OP.
>>
>>717252987
Cont
If you truly were, you wouldn't be posting on 4chan for attention, you don't seem to understand the personality disorder you're faking.
>>
>>717252987
A psychopath wouldn't say he is a psychopath
>>
I feel like I know more about you than I really do.

Have you ever had inclinations toward violence? Do you manipulate people often?
>>
>>717253292
a psychopath wouldn't care. lmao at this shit tier logician and his artifical conundrums
>>
>>717253292
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>717253292
I believe that under the right circumstances a psychopath would admit it. I for one don't embrace that part of me.
>>
>>717253475
lmao edgy teen triggered, i was lurking for this
>>
>>717244823
(in affected british voice) a ture psychopath would never willing remove his mask of sanity. i watched dexter through season3 and thought characters that are literally me irl as i watched it.
>>
>>717253591
Yes you are triggering me, shut the fuck up
>>
>>717253775
A true psychopath is a human. Like any human psychopaths are dynamic. There is no generic rule that encompasses them all.

I rarely remove my mask, but when I do, it's disappointing.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>717253805
*Tips fedora*
Yes master show me how to make columbine a fucking joke.
>>
>>717246680
see thats what worries me. can't tell if i'm just depressed and having a bad year, or if I just genuinely don't care about my long term girlfriend
>>
>>717254198
For the most part I think life is just bad.

To determine if you're depressed take a strickly non-emotional look at your emotional state.

Psychopathy and depression are two very different things, hell, even I get depressed.

But let me ask you a question. I'm basing this question off my experience as a human. Does she make you better?

Does she push you to be a better person? Does he push you in the direction you know you can go? If she does, then it doesn't matter. She's right. If she doesn't, then what use is she? She's wrong.
>>
File: ted_bundy.jpg (48KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
ted_bundy.jpg
48KB, 624x480px
>>717252744
Seth's 2D/4D ratio was one of the 1st clues that he was a psychopath pic kinda related. lady-like long pointer finger
>>
>>717254804
nah her hobbies are laying down and buying make up brushes. I think I know she's terrible I've just been stuck too long with her and can't bring myself to get rid of her
>>
>>717255139
It will be easy then. Get rid of her, she is a useless layabout and you deserve more.

You know this to be true. If you fear this then you have insecurity within yourself. You can analyse this weakness once you get rid of her. You've got your entire life to figure out what makes you happy, but first, you must rid yourself of what makes you unhappy.
>>
>>717244823
Not a personality trait. It's a mental illness. You can be a smart psychopath and believe it's not an mental illness or just completely ignore the scientific facts and let your ego take over.
>>
>>717245563
Could sociopathy develop due to trauma? Since I think that's what happened to me.
>>
>>717244823
>psychopath
>personality trait
you're not a psychopath you fucking idiot
>>
>>717255725
Someone is not up to date on the latest research.
>>
>>717255888
Nice trips fellow anon. Certainly, that is almost the very definition of sociopathy, though I would recommend seeing a professional if you're truly curious.
>>
>>717255912
Citation needed.
>>
>>717256120
just the sort of autistc ass reply I'd expect from someone who self identifies as a psychopath
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.