[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got sent home from work because I was 3 minutes late.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 24

File: mfw1.jpg (85KB, 525x554px) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.jpg
85KB, 525x554px
I just got sent home from work because I was 3 minutes late.

>Leave home regular time
>Immense traffic due to accident on the road
>Send Manager text saying "There is a lot of traffic I'll be a few minutes late."
>He responds, "Stay home."
>I respond with LMAO emoji
>Get to work
>He wasn't kidding
>WTF?!
>MFW

Are you serious? I'm 3 minutes late because of unsuspected traffic due to an accident on the road. THREE FUCKING MINUTES. The worst part is how smug he was about this shit; like dude, I break my back everyday at work and you do this?! FUCK YOU.

This is now a general shitty boss/manager thread; tell us your woes.
>>
Do you happen to be in San Antonio?
>>
>>704690875
Nope, ATL.
>>
>>704690803
Make a report to hr. Then apply to other jobs because your boss was in the right.
>>
>Work a shitty paid job revolving around cooking chemicals at some dickhole American company
>Department manager is a fucking pussy who takes dick from his bosses
>Complain about formaldehyde fumes
>I'm quarantined doing something in another part of the factory for a day
>They fire me the next day by text because they would rather just remove me than fix a health risk
>report them for unsafe work practices
>former boss gets fired and company fined for £200,000

Feels good.
>>
>>704691060
fucking awesome
>>
>>704691020
It's a small company; the boss and the manager are butt-buddies so no go on that :/
Three minutes is well within the grace period of every company out there. Sure being late is no good, but it's not like I just showed up late; I let the dude know 20 minutes ahead of time that I'm going to be a few minutes late due to traffic.

Fuck that 5'6" knock knee dickhead ;(
>>
>>704691060
GJ would have been even better if you got some compensation for that!
>>
>>704691338
Should've just clocked in and began working. What's the worst that could've came from that action? Nothing, if he made a big deal out of it, everyone would think he's retarded.
>>
>>704691426

It did nothing to my health, the exposure was only over a couple of days, but the ventilation system we used over the rollers and ovens was awful and we couldn't turn it up much or it would reduce the heat in the ovens and fuck up the process.

We worked with some nasty shit, Potassium Cyanide, Silver Nitrate, Diisocyantes, etc and I dont like to breathe that kind of crap.

The worst part was I had 2 co-workers who didn't give a shit about it, either they just didn't give a fuck about breathing in poison, needed the job too much or were just retarded.
>>
>>704690803
>>704691020
actually his boss had every right to send him home but here in Cali they owe you 2hrs of wages for wasting your time. Check your states laws.
>>
>>704690803
You must be extremely expendable. Minimum wage I'm guessing.
>>
>>704690803

That's what you get for using emojis, you cunt.
>>
>>704691736
Only problem is they told him not to come in before he got there. He showed up anyway.
>>
>>704691532
You're right; unfortunately there's only 8 employees total, including the Boss man.

The manager met me at the door when I was trying to get in (someone has to open the entrance from the inside.) He was salty about the LMAO emoji; I told him I genuinely thought he was being sarcastic, he wasn't.

He's a pussy that loves to tell tall tales about his past and hates when anyone questions his judgement; arguing with him or defying him would only escalate the situation further and get his Boss man butt buddie involved.
>>
>>704691644
Damn bro that job sounds like shit. I'm glad you're done with that! Did you ever find anything better?
>>
>>704691963
Nope, that's not how it works, I believe employers have to call you off several hours (possibly 24 hours) once you have been scheduled. I had an employer try this shit a few minutes before I left...I said sweet made my two hours, and I got paid for them too.
>>
>>704692257
How many times have you been late in the past?
>>
>>704692437
Only 3
>>
>>704691736
I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to send me home, I'm just saying doing that is wayyy over the top given the situation at hand.

>>704691795
Nope, I'm the IT/Technician who is in charge of testing, configuring and fixing damn near all the shit they sell. On top of that, if anything computer related ever goes wrong, I'm the one to fix it. I get paid healthy. I'm replaceable, sure, but definitely not expendable like a warehouse worker.

>>704691928
True; but I literally laughed when I got the text, I though that shit was pretty witty and funny.
>>
>>704692723
McJobs treat you like a gear in a machine.
if it squeaks or wobbles, replace it.

go get a better job
>>
>>704692731
>>704691795
Then you work in IT like me, and can have a new job tomorrow. Recruiters are like spam callers to me now.

If you're educated you do not need to be treated that way. I got fired for being late. picked up a new job 30 days later that payed $20,000 more than what I was already making.
>>
>>704692723
Lol, pretty close.

>>704692437
One time, I told the dude I'll be 30 minutes late and hour before work started. I was exactly 29 minutes late and he was still salty; like dude, shit comes up sometimes ok?! I do what I can, and I sure as hell make sure you're informed %100 of the way through.
Yesterday we (4 guys) all went out to get Subway and because of traffic and lines we all simultaneously showed up 11 minutes late from our 30 minute lunch. We didn't take any break afterwards to compensate for the time lost.
>>
Fucking power tripping asshole. Unless you had a history of chronic lateness (over 5 mins late several times a month) then the decent and professional thing would be to let it slide. Especially since you're working a job where you being a few minutes late has literally zero impact on their operation.
I've worked places where production starts at 9 you need to be in position at 9 and if you're even one minute late it fucks everyone else over. In that case it's your coworkers who'll take it out on you by being inflexible in regards to shift swaps and vacation requests and such.
It seems like your manager is a fucking asshole and you should probably jerk off in his lunch.
>>
>>704690803
>work at HVAC supply house
>in the warehouse, have to move around all the parts and metal
>sheet metal is fucking heavy
>boss tells me to bring 20 sheets to truck for delivery
>do it 2 at a time for speeds sake
>tells me the guy cancelled the delivery
>have to bring all the metal back
>2 hours later
>different delivery also for 20 sheets
>tfw when I had to move the same 20 sheets 3 times
>>
>>704692914
Looking at other jobs right now. Their company went bankrupt before and lost all it's employees. I got hired as they're trying to rebuild their infrastructure from scratch. Treating employees like this is not a good way to build a strong team that actually wants to accomplish goals and advance; it makes people want to come in, do the least possible and collect a check.

>>704692983
Yep, I'm about to send out a resume to a couple other jobs right now. Unfortunately I don't have any official technical/computer education so that's my only set-back; Also I'm only 21 so some people might get the impression I'm experienced, but believe me, I know my shit.

What kind of job do you have now? Like what field of IT do you work in?
>>
I show up to work like 40 minutes late a few times a week. Glad my work doesn't seem to mind too much. I usually make the time up at the end of the day anyway, that is when things usually get busy.
>>
>>704693584
That blows, You live in orlando?
>>
>>704693666
Sorry OP, high as fuck and playing Overwatch.

I have a BA in Networking but am working as a Systems Admin making $60,000 I'm 23 get a degree
>>
I'm a cook at hometown buffet and the AM here is a fucking she devil. Hates everyone who isn't Mexican, treats everyone like shit, cuts hours if piss her off at all, another cook's kid was being born and she wouldn't let him go to the hospital to see the birth, she cut my hours because I wouldn't come in on a day off cuz I was out of town visiting family....cut me down to two half days...oh and she always has a pissed off look on her face. Lawsuits have been filed but nothing has happened. What's worse is the GM let's this all happen cuz he's a spinless bitch. So yeah not the worst story but it's what I got
>>
>>704693114
My thoughts exactly my man. I wouldn't be so salty if I showed up like 15 minutes late today; because then I could maybe understand his actions. But 3 fucking minute?! 3?! Fuck him.

And on top of that, just like you mentioned, my position is completely independent from everyone else so I'm not jeopardizing anything but my own work by coming in late.
>>
Sent them 25 pizza's from 12 different restaurants.
>>
File: 36533635635.jpg (78KB, 475x255px) Image search: [Google]
36533635635.jpg
78KB, 475x255px
>>704690803
Honestly OP it sounds like you're one of those people that are just more trouble than they are worth. This isn't about simply being three minutes late, this is about having a history of frustrating them. If you truly don't know what the problem is then it's probably your personality that grinds on someone. Welcome to IRL.
>>
>>704694024
Nope, Ct
>>
As a boss, someone being late more than once is a sign of a problem. You know what time you are supposed to be at work, and you are expected to be there. A bad accident on the road is a good excuse if you don't already have a problem, but when it's your 4th excuse, I'm sending you home. You can't let one guy do it and not let the others. I start at 6am and arrive no later than 5:30. If there is an accident or something unexpected, I still make it on time. I've been here six years and I've never been late. Calling an hour before hand to tell them you'll be late is also not OK. You seem like every employee that I have that is a problem... Clueless, uncaring, obnoxious, and deserving.
>>
>>704692731
you need to read the rest of my post - very likely your employer owes you wages - there is most likely a minimum pay for scheduled employees
>>
>>704694856
Congratulations on being a fucking wage slave cuck. You're an inspiration to us all you fucking faggot.
>>
>>704694591
This times a billion. We had a girl miss the weeks with no excuse once... this was in addition to some other issues. She begged to come back and her manager let her. A few days later she misses again and claims it was for her grandma's funeral AFTER the fact... no call or anything. They shit can her. She tells everyone she was fired for going to her grandma's funeral. People like OP are incredibly clueless and full of excuses as to why nothing is their fault.
>>
I worked for 5 months in a company as a wage slave.
>Live far from it, 20 km, almost 2 hours in the bus
>So i get there always late like 10-20 minutes
>The owner said i would get 960 bucks per month
>My first paycheck: 880 bucks
>Go talk to him
>"You get this amount in the first 3 months"
>"sure buddy :^)"
>So I work there for another 4 months coming there almost everyday 15 minutes late
>he "couldnt" fire me cause my stepfather is his friend since their 20s
>tfw my boss is my neighbor
>I had to leave cause i decided to go back to college
>feels good
cont?
>>
>>704690803
>work at family store
>boss is dad
>dad is boss
>arrive on time mostly, occasionally come in late due to traffic
>have to be in at 7:30
>wake up at 8 one day
>figure dad will be lenient
>traffic is murder, don't get in until 8:45
>"you act like you can show up whenever"
>get mad because father
>"just go home"
>"don't come in tomorrow"
>mfw got fired by dad
>>
>>704694591
I can see that. Me and this dude don't mesh too well. But I get along great with everyone else and I sure as hell work hard and get more then required done.
He just hates to have his judgement questioned; this dude has the Napoleon Complex. There is a few times when he's told me to do XYZ and I did it my own way to achieve the same thing except it accommodate my workflow better. He would come over and make me change things around just so it was the way he wanted.
>>
>>704694971
Oh no. Insulted for making decent money and being a responsible person. That hurts coming from a worthless deadbeat like you. Your insults are a meaningful your life spent insulting people from a computer and explaining how cool you are for not being another brick in the wall. Fag.
>>
Once I held my lunchbreak for 30 min and 15 sec instead of 30 min straight. Had huge stomachpains that day, so couldnt really help it. Got a warning and was sent to a meeting about how being at work on time is important that took like 20 mins..
>>
>>704691338
>grace period
What are you, like 16? There's no such thing as a grace period with being on time to work.
>>
>>704695198

And thats his fault how?

Nepotism is for scumbags.
>>
>>704694856
How does it feel to live for the express purpose of being a spineless corporate stooge?
>>
>>704695199
Again. I have a few of you here. You're paid to do it the way you are asked. I have a maintenance guy like you and it is infuriating. He always knows better. Always does it his way. It never works out because he doesn't understand the bigger picture. Just show up on time and do what you're told. If it doesn't work, then it is my fault. Work can be extremely simple if you just do what you're told. Guys like you are awful to have. I'm just being 100 percent honest with you so you can hopefully make a change.
>>
>>704691644
You should still be able to get some money for unfair dismissal.
>>
>>704694856
If the company isn't paying me for that two extra hours I have to get up every morning to make it in just in case an accident makes me late, they don't get that extra time. It's really as simple as that.
>>
>>704695419
>nepotism

Everyone that works there is related to me
>>
>>704692345

Yes and no, I'm just drifting from job to job at the moment, they're all low wage part time crappy things, but im young and I would prefer to save money and figure out what I want to do that grind my face on a career path that I hate.
>>
>>704695426
Pretty much fine. Good actually. Rewarding. Better than raging against a machine that doesn't even know that I exist.
>>
>>704695529

I don't really care, its not worth the hassle.
>>
>>704695139
>e far from it, 20 km, almost 2 hours in the bus
By bus you mean horse carriage?
>>
>>704694856
I totally get your point; and you're right, but this was my 2nd time being late, ever. And 3 fucking minutes, remember that. lol.

From this point forth I'm going to get to whatever job I have to be at 15 minutes early; it's the responsible thing to do for-sure, aiming to be exactly on time is never a good idea.
>>
>>704695105
Being 3 minutes late because of traffic in which he let his boss know beforehand is completely different from missing entire days without letting anybody know
>>
>>704695540
That's fine, but again, if you make a habit of being late, you can't cry when it finally becomes an issue. I have 24 good workers and 4 that are a pain in the ass. They're the first to go when I have to cut people. That's just the real world.
>>
>>704695485
How the fuck is you being a micro-managing little cunt helping anyone get anything done? All that shit accomplishes is ostracizing your employees and lowering worker morale until you have a bunch of soulless flesh sacs lazing around all day, waiting to collect their pay cheques.
>>
>>704695199
Bosses gonna boss. There's a reason why certain people are in charge, it's not just dumb luck or "I've been here longer than him". It's very common for them to be dicks actually, they aren't there to make friends, they're expected to keep the cattle moving. A douchebag manager is a business owner's wet dream, they get shit done and just don't give a fuck about interpersonal bs. Micromanaging assholes suck to work for but I can assure you that you're Napoleon wasn't hired accidentally, that jerk was at the top of the list because he's a jerk.
>>
>>704692731
>I get paid healthy
>Small business
Lol, what's your salary and what area?
>>
>>704695617
Fair enough. Keep on keeping on I suppose.
>>
Reminder that the heat death of the universe is impending and you're working for peanuts
>>
>>704695716
No doubt. I'm just saying the personality type. She was the worst example I know of... just the idea that she actually thinks she got fired for gmas funeral like op thinks he was sent home over 3 minutes. It's more than that.
>>
>>704695139
>20 km, almost 2 hours in the bus
Jesus christ where do you live
>>
>>704695659
It's not 3 minutes, that's the problem. People that think they need to be in the door by 8am are just worthless employees. You need to be in, have already gotten your coffee, booted up your computer, taken a piss, talked about last night's sporting event, etc, and be ready to work at 8. So 3 minutes is really about 33 minutes and keeps other people from doing shit while you distract them too.
>>
>be me
>work 18 months on a startup project in china
>pay everything by myself, other associates can't put a dime in the show
>go back and forth every 3 weeks because so permanent visa
>pay a crazy amount on rent, food, travels to develop business
>fast forward to last month, me and my chinese partner (both 25 years old) managed to get a few good deals to get the cash flowing
>bosses came 10 days in total in Shanghai, managed to fuck up a meeting so badly all the project gets called off
>"anon, we'll split the remaining money evenly"
>12 hours after, I'm on the flight home
>just had 18 months of my life taken away because old managers don't understand the subtlety of working in the 21st century
>didn't even get to cover my costs
>feels bad man
>>
>>704695889

>At least a trillion years
>impending
>>
>>704690803
Stop complaining faggot. I wish I had today off.
>>
>>704695832
There you have it, all you need to be in charge is to fire artillery at your own countrymen

Lmao humanity is so fucked
>>
>>704695790
It isn't always micro managing. I don't do that. Often times though there is a way we want something done because of future plans that the employee isn't aware of... he does it his way instead, and now the future plan is fucked up.
>>
File: 1473933220710.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1473933220710.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
Oh shit, this is my thread now.
>Missing 500 dollars on my salary.
>Tell boss, give her all she needs to see there has been a mistake.
>Even calculate the god damn pay I should have for her.
> "Ok anon, I will look into it."
Wait 2 months, keep getting the same reply.
>Boss is going on vacation, another guy steps in.
2 weeks later and I am getting my money.
Same shit next month again...
>"So... I am missing 300 dollars from my pay.."
>"I'll look into it anon."
>"So you mean it is going to take 1000 years?"
>"Anon, don't have that fucking attitude with me..."

>mfw

Also, I suck at green texts, sorry, but you get the idea... Right?
>>
>>704690803
>Are you serious? I'm 3 minutes late because of unsuspected traffic due to an accident on the road. THREE FUCKING MINUTES

If you had been a good employee, you would make an effort every day to arrive at work at least 15 minutes early, so that you wouldn't be negatively impcated by traffic, Also anyone that cares about arriving on time will use google maps to find alternate routes and still arrive on time.

>The worst part is how smug he was about this shit;

I'm betting this is a habitual thing from you, ergo the boss getting annoyed by it constantly and fed up with you. Not that you would be honest about that.

>like dude, I break my back everyday at work and you do this?! FUCK YOU.

No one that is critical to a business will ever be sent home for being three minutes late. so I'm betting you're lying about this part as well. I've had your type as employees in the past, think their shit don't stink but barely break even on doing work/making work. Unfortunately with your attitude you'll never come to the realization that you're the problem.
>>
>>704694038
>Sysadmin
>60k

Lol wat r u serious?
>23
Oh yeah. No experience. Enjoy getting lowballed like you already have been
>>
>>704691060
>>704691426

I believe you were at least supposed to receive workers comp, since they fired you, especially since it wasn't for a valid reason.
>>
>>704696049
maybe let them know the plan instead of hoping they can feel around in the dark you asshole no communicative shitbag
>>
>>704696159

(I forgot about this until now) They gave me an extra 2 weeks pay.
>>
>>704695139
As long as there weren't too many steep hills you could probably cycle to work quicker if you're fit.
>>
You should leave early enough OP that something like traffic shouldn't effect your time to clock in at work. I leave 45mins early everyday for work and I only live 15mins away.
>>
>>704695659
At my job if your late 3 times in 180 days you get fired.

As a manages... 3 minutes pisses me off more than an hour.

3 minutes tells me that you have poor time management.

an hour show there was a real predicted event.

Traffic that causes you to be 3 minutes late is avoidable.
>>
>>704695198
I'd say it's good to avoid being nepotistic but >>704695562 if everyone there is family, he could show a little leniency. But you said you'd been late before.
Maybe your dads just a dick?
>>
>>704695485
Maybe he does know better because he's an actual technician but you're the hardheaded dickhead boss that just won't listen to anyone's suggestions because you're the only one wise enough to see the "big picture"?

>>704695790
Exactly.

>>704695832
I understand that completely; I'm not a pussy and I can the criticism and make a positive change if I ever fuck up; but this situation here is over the top for no visible reason apart from that dudes personal feeling about the situation, so fuck him.

>>704695837
$15/hr for being 21 and un-certified in anyway; not amazing but healthy for my current lifestyle.

>>704695889
LOL
>>
>>704695969
That sucks bro
>>
>>704696281
bonus points for typing errors
>>
Oh boy here I go I'm going to do a work and make my life worthwhile

*does a work*
*rich faggot sees $5 more dollars*

I DID IT HUMANITY IS SAVED FOREVER
>>
>>704690803
Go postal, dude
>>
>>704696051
Pretty sure that's illegal, timely payment is usually part of the contract you sign when you get hired
>>
>>704696275
This. Can confirm. My work is about 10k from my place give our take a kilometer. I can bike there (it's downhill there) in under 20 minutes. How the fuck can bussing 20k take 2 hours.
>>
>>704696237
That's not the way it works in any business. Letting you know the plan implies that they give a shit what you think - and they don't. They have a plan to paint some masterpiece and you were hired to deliver the paints. Stop interrupting the artist, you're the delivery boy. If you want to be an artist go right ahead, but do it somewhere else. Not specifically you anon, but that's the mentality - and you know what? It works.
>>
File: 1474247670722.jpg (29KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
1474247670722.jpg
29KB, 345x345px
>>704696280
This too. I always make a habit of being 45 mins to an hour early everyday. Then I just chill, smoke a joint outside, get a coffee and eat. I've never been late once and I've worked at this place for 3 years.
>>
>>704696280
Do you live in a rural area?
>>
Too many fucking employers do this
>>
>>704696090
How much are you making tough guy? I'm practically quaking in my boots at the mere thought of your financial prowess.
>>
>>704696652
if you're ordering paint and say "blue" and secretly wanted light blue and I mix it too dark it's not my fault don't blame me faggot
>>
>>704696051
It's at that point that you go over their head and consult with hr
>>
>>704696733
So you've wasted approximately 4 hours a week for three years without compensation
>>
File: 1472733595016.jpg (38KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
1472733595016.jpg
38KB, 480x309px
>>704696948
If you wanna look at it that way, sure. But I'd be doing the same thing if I was at home. May as well do it at work. Besides I'd say 75% of the time I start early anyways.
>>
>>704696057
>You would make an effort every day to arrive at work at least 15 minutes early
Like I said before, from this point forth I'm aiming to arrive at-least 15 minutes early to any job I ever have, so I'm taking something positive out of this shit situation.

>I'm betting this is a habitual thing from you, ergo the boss getting annoyed by it constantly and fed up with you. Not that you would be honest about that.
Maybe, but if he's a dickhead I'm not the type of person to just bend over and take it; I know this characteristic is a very double edged sword.

>No one that is critical to a business will ever be sent home for being three minutes late
Right?! You'd think that? I do too, but I'm the guy everything, I mean everything goes through to be tested before it goes on sale ... There have been multiple times I didn't take a lunch break just so I could get more done. So I do actually work hard and hold an important position. Maybe there's something manager man knows that I don't, but fuck that guy regardless.
>>
Fucking shitbag quislings bragging about giving some rich faggot free time, implying we should give time for free too

Please, the next time you ever feel the urge to defend or support a wealthy person or any kind of manager, instead kill yourself
>>
Bukowski knew what was up

"How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?"
>>
>Gotta be at work @ 6am
>wake up at 4am
>shit shower and shave
>get dressed and have breakfast
>out the door @ 5am for a 15 min drive to work.

This gives me 45 minutes for (oh shit time)

Also set 2 alarms (on different devices) technology is known to fail sometimes.
>>
>>704697128
Did you do the math? It's almost a month total in three years that you spent making sure you're on time to work
>>
File: 1472955094715.jpg (45KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
1472955094715.jpg
45KB, 573x609px
>>704697207
>implying managers are the 1%

I was a manager and I FUCKING quit that shit cuz the responsibility wasn't worth the pay increase.
>>
>>704693104
The combination of all this shit is what got you in trouble. You were late back from lunch the day before. You're the sort of waste of space i would never employ.
>>
>>704696814
Being late would be giving him red paint
>>
>>704691338
>Grace period

There's no such thing you fucking loser.

You'll clearly always be a low level worker with that attitude. It's not your first time being late and you know it.

Way to be a worthless nigger.
>>
>>704697431
You're too dumb to read faggot

I said wealthy people OR managers

Jesus Christ
>>
>>704697670
I don't give a fuck what you said faggot.
>>
>>704697778
>implying
>>
>work at pool parlour
>am white
>chinese boss
>start off at $12 an hour
>after 2 weeks get bumped up to $15
>suddenly my boss takes me back down to $12
>says its because I'm not doing a good job
>only thing i can think of doing is having the till -$2 one night, apart from that i was very polite and well spoken to everyone, i love pool and really cared for the place because i go there every day, plus I'm the only fluent English speaker there so its good for customers
>if the shop was quiet i would clean the ques, wipe down the tables, brush the cloth, not just sit around and watch youtube like all the other chinese employees
>one of the perks of my work was being able to play pool for free
>i would only play when it was quiet there so i didn't take a table that customers could use
>boss then takes away my free pool deal because fuck knows why
>quit

fucking chinese cunts.

im an aus fag btw
>>
>Currently work in restaurant.
>Most experienced employee in kitchen
>Tell me that a kitchen manager position is up for grabs.
>Bust ass and train up new crew ASAP.
>They hire some mixed chick who has the same experience as me.
>Start letting her call all the shots.
>I see through the transparency.
>All the cooks talk about how they don't like her style and wish I was back in command.
>Her water bottle is always full of vodka.
>TL;DR: Bitchy, funny colored alcoholic bitch is trying to take over and they don't pay me enough to care.
>Still highest paid in kitchen, and still highest in the morning when I walk through the door.
>>
>>704697425
He just said he uses that time to smoke and eat retard. He'd spend the exact same amount of time doing it at home anyway, except here he'll never chance being late and it looks good to the boss when you come in 10-15 minutes early.
>>
>>704690803

Whats your job tho.
>>
>>704698013
the -$2 in the till means the balance between the cash and eftpos weren't matched with the computer
>>
File: 1458083399390.png (155KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458083399390.png
155KB, 273x240px
>>704694856

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>704694856
>I start at 6am and arrive no later than 5:30
Way to lower the bar, faggot. Labour laws in third world countries protect people against crimes like unpaid labour.
>>
>>704696051
Better business bureau is your friend
>>
>>704696049
>>704696652
how many 17 year olds do you have selling knives for you these days?
>>
>>704690803
what country?
that is not legal in many countries.
>>
>>704690803
Oh yeah, I had a job where they cracked down on tardiness. I was three minutes late and got bitched at too. Fuck that place. Glad I'm not there anymore.

Although, after leaving there, I endes up at a place that had the "if you're on time you're late" mentality, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever experienced. Left that place in short order.

Fuck these Time Nazis.
>>
>>704698198
He said ARRIVE
In english the word arrive doesn't mean anything other than "show up" so I'm not sure why you thought he starts work at 5:30am
>>
>>704695969
I worked with the Chinese once too. Never again.
>>
>>704690803

Since I started working, I've never been late to work. Not once. That's 14 years of being on time. You have no fucking excuse OP.
>>
>>704698186
I'm the fucking leader of anonymous, you twat. And now you've thoroughly pissed me off. I wasn't even that close to edge, and yet your miserable dribble has actually managed to push me off. You hear that? To the end of the line. THE BREAKING POINT. Normally I dismiss this kind of shit without a second thought, but you've crossed a certain boundary you fucking faggot. And you should have known better, you should have realized what could happen if you took your joke a little too far. But you failed, and now will await the repercussions. Fuck I haven't even gotten my hacking laptop out in years, I think that shit is still running some pirated version of XP. But it's time to brush the dust off and set an example, because clearly faggots like you are too young to know what can really happen when you mess with the likes of our group. I hope you're ready for what's in store, because mommy won't be able to save you this time. Best you pack your bags and flee now, flee to whatever remote shit hole you can hide to. And you better pray we won't find you. But we will, and when that day comes you will rue the day you made what was seemingly a harmless comment on an anonymous message board. The clock's ticking, pal. Tick tock. Your time is about to run out
>>
>>704698394
lol I know you aren't talking about the USA
you might be thinking you your State's labor laws
>>
File: 1440150910374.png (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440150910374.png
5KB, 200x200px
>>704698703

Ooh, I like this one, is this relatively fresh pasta?
I'm saving it, cheers Anon!
>>
>>704698661
Oh man, it would take hours to cover 10% of the crazy shit I saw there
>Chinese business dev director, can only say three words "I speak english"
>Rampant corruption, litterally everywhere
>the chinese government selling fake invoices to lower taxes (unbeatable price: 6RMB for 15k€ worth of fake invoices)
>got paid 10 iPhones for showing up in a convention pretending to be the business director of a fortune 500 company to announce an investment plan. shit was funny, I spoke right after the ambassador of south korea, nobody asked questions even though I was 24 at the time

All in all I'm glad it ended because 90% of working in CHina is about avoiding politics and other unqualified businessmen
>>
>>704690803
If you told them 30~ min in advance that "Hey, unexpected shit. I'll be 5 min late, sorry." He's retarded. If you're rarely late and work hard, there's 0 reason to react like that.

Late often with similar reasons? Don't work hard? Always being a smartass? Fine, he's probably right. But how you've framed it he comes off as a prick and a garbage boss.

My current place of work has a simple rule. If you're late, tell us. If you're late, you're staying extra after your shift was supposed to end to make it up. If it happens too often, you're written up. We've had 2 people written up for being late cunts in the past year. Both eventually quite because they were lazy bitches.
>>
>>704698568
He donates 30 minutes of his personal time per day to a company that does not give one shit. At best, he's seen as a doormat by his own boss.
>>
>>704695485
>you're paid to do it the way you're asked

Jesus fucking christ there are people who really think like this
>>
>>704699251
I have to admit the Chinese are ballsy. I worked for a businessman that had several businesses serving each other, through multiple conflicts of interest. Some of the companies were only identified by registry numbers and they were in his childrens' names, who were all minors.
>>
>>704695485

Yeah, but if you explain that to an ignorant fuck, they'll assume you're thinking of them as property, not people.
>>
>Work in law enforcement
>Work combination of overnight shifts, daytime, overtime often
>Never been late even ONCE since I started
>Always 10-15 minutes early minimum

>Bad traffic one day, coming from an important doctors appointment before my shift
>Literally enter the door 2 minutes after my shift begins

>My fucking CHIEF shows up, asks me why I'm late, if traffic was bad
>Explain doctor appointment and traffic

>He tells me I need to start leaving earlier to make it to work on time

They never recognize the other thousands of days you are fucking early to work, but god forbid you're 1-2 minutes past the clock they will jump down your throat.
>>
>>704699886
Yeah sky's the limit for them. But out of all those sketchy stories, I still got to work and live with genuinely talented and good people from mainland China, and that taught me a lot.

But once they'll decide they want us out, man...
>>
>>704690803
Always have wage and labor number on speed dial, especially if you are in a at will state
>>
>>704700101

Yeah, I used to work in a restaurant that got bought out by a Chinese family. They tried to make us participate in their culture and explain to us that standing up for ourselves was disrespectful to your superiors. I laughed in his face and told him "Welcome to America. Where everyone thinks they matter and if you don't pay me, you'll get a call from my lawyer."
>>
>>704695485
There should be an official job title for people like you. An appropriate term would be "Unskilled Manager".
>>
>>704700001
Thank you for your service

Should of called dispatch on the way in and said you stopped on a motorist assist. Give some random plate number of a car passing by.
>>
>>704690803
Next time leave earlier. Sounds like a repeating problem if he sent you home.
>>
http://cheesespin.net/
i just got this
>>
File: Luther.jpg (976KB, 1999x2363px) Image search: [Google]
Luther.jpg
976KB, 1999x2363px
German fag here btw had to work since iam 13. (German fag here btw)
I'll start with a kinda weird one which ended pretty cool.
>be 19
>working at a beer garden (pretty common here in germany)
>boss comes up to me and asks if iam handy with tools and shit
>i reply that i know basics but iam all in all a starter
>boss laughs and says, we can change that sometimes, i got a house to tear off.
>we laugh and i shrug it off thinking he is goofing around as always.
>boss knows where i live and on a saturday morning around 8 am he showes up with a van telling me to get in
>at first, this was the weirdest scene i've ever experienced in my life
>my boss i a tiny man, around 165 cm (idc what thats in imperial measurements) and really big, like really really big, he sometimes looked like he couldn't fit through his front door lol
>there was also my new coworker in the van, so i thought we might go buy supplies for the beer garden
>after some chatting ( i just got up, had no coffee or a cigarette) my boss tells me that we're going to tear down this house he was telling about
>okay.jpeg
>i get in after getting some stuff, putting my clothes on etc.
>boss drives us three to a place 150 miles away from where i live.
>the "village" is a tiny settlement almost entirely consisting out of trailers and shitty vacation bungalows
>whatisthisplacearewegoingtodie.exe? starts rushing down my neck
>my boss laughs as he sees me: "we're not going to stay forever, keep your calm boy"
>we drive through this sea of trailer parks and shitty bungalows
>almost 10 minutes of nothingness or trailers.
>WHAT IS THIS?
>we arrive at the outskirts of this mess and park infront of a huge awesome holiday home.
>my boss pointed towards a shitty house besides awesome castle and said:
>"That's going down till tommorrow night. Are you guys ready?"
>We spent 48 hours tearing down a broken ass house in the middle of nowhere while drinking about 30 bottles of beer each.
>I made 360 € in two day btw.
>>
>>704697485
>implying you will ever own a business
>>
>>704700001

>They never recognize the other thousands of days you are fucking early to work, but god forbid you're 1-2 minutes past the clock they will jump down your throat.

THIS

All of you faggots who are saying "oh well only worthless niggers are late hurr hurr", you fuckers need to understand that YOU are worthless. Your boss does not care if you arrive early. Your achievement of arriving before you're supposed to is not something that will be recognized, ever.

What is the difference to a boss between someone who arrives one minute early to their shift and someone who arrives an hour early?

NOTHING
>>
>>704690803
He's probably been just waiting for any opportunity. Either you did something to piss him off or he simply wants your spot for a friend, family member or other nepotistic placeholder.

I haven't had this happen but my girlfriend did. She was working for a manufacturing company in their returns department and even though she got to work and clocked in at the same time as her carpool she got fired and her carpool didn't because the philipino fuck who got transfered into her section as the new manager just wanted to hire all his philipino friends. Her carpool still works there and now the whole department is philipino.
>>
Fuck all these protestant fucktards, who find "self-actualization" and "redemption" in "working hard" and earning "well deserved profits". Fuck them in front of their families, fuck them in their nostrils with big veiny black dicks.
Committing yourself to work in hopes of a better tomorrow is just another way of escapism, since we will all be dead in the long-run. The biggest and only difference between this and other kinds of escapist behaviors is that the overwhelming majority of the society condones this kind.
Your boss gets mad at you op, because he/she thinks that it you steal from his/her well-earned money by showing up late, or you are disrespecting the holy practice of worshiping the work itself. Subconsciously, he/she associates you with the anti-thesis of protestant ethics, the folk who are doomed to perish in hell, for an eternity. He/she can't stand you because of how much you remind him/her the death and other undesirable but as real as it can get aspects of the existence.
He/she also fears that by condoning your "irresponsible behavior", he/she will be an oath-breaker in the eyes of god.
And finally, he/she cannot condone you, because doing that, would be accepting the very idea that there are random events in the universe that can fuck things up, that are justifiable but still happen, just like the unexpected traffic you ran into that day. The idea of randomness and uncontrollable events haunts him/her.
>>
Jobs are so arbitrary. All you do is bitch about a job that you don't like. Have you ever considered quitting and finding something that you think is rad? Seriously, consider this...

You bitch about your job, that you're habitually late for. That you're unsatisfied with because despite the imperfections of your tenure, you got shit done. A job that you know you should be paid more to do but that won't happen because it's "not in the budget."

Well, quit that shit, do something you love to do. Find a way to make your hobby your dream job, idiots.
>>
>>704700416
I remember one time, working with a Chinese project manager. he made a small mistake and had to reorganize the workload. He told his team that he fucked up, and all those guys under his supervision just wouldn't say it. like they kept saying "no, you didn't, there's no mistake" while he was trying to tell them that yes, he did.

Imagine me trying to keep a straight face
>>
>>704691736
here in canada when you are scheduled for a shift as long as you show up to that shift no longer then 10 mins late they owe you 4 hours of wage period....dont even matter if you work a minute or not..... if they have you scheduled and send you home they owe you 4 hours period
>>
>>704701034
>Committing yourself to work in hopes of a better tomorrow is just another way of escapism, since we will all be dead in the long-run.

You're dumb. Yeah, we're all gonna die someday, but every other day we won't.

Is it really such a mystery/conspiracy to you that people can take pride in their work? I don't know what to tell you, anon. Accomplishing things makes you feel good. Try it sometime.
>>
>>704694856

By this standard I have the dream job sometimes if I'm tired I come in 2 hours late no one bats an eye. Sometimes when I take my sleep ins people can call when we usually start (7 am) need me to fix some problems I wake up by their call and get up and drive to work.

Sometimes if I meet one of the bosses can ask casually if I was tired I just say 'yeah woke up late' and continue my day.

I work at a international company 40 000+ employees .
>>
File: giphy.gif (164KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
164KB, 200x200px
>>704690803
>work at a higher class restaurant as a busboy
>shitty pay, shitty management and shitty people
>busy as fuck one night, parties upstairs and full downstairs
>owner tells me to do something
>manager who is standing right next to him
>tells me to do something completely different
>not the first time it's happened
>I tell them both I can't do two things at once
>manager says you're no use to me then
>final straw, said my goodbyes to the staff then told off owner and manager
>they were so confused as to why I was quitting
>told them to work on communication skills and then collectively fuck themselves

God I hate the food industry, I did find out though that the restaurant has been hemorrhaging money and will be our of business soon
>>
>>704690803
Had the same thing happen at the bank I used to work at, only my boss waited until I got my station all set up and called the first customer up, he then proceeded to tell the full lobby that I was leaving and couldn't help. I told him that he could fuck himself, and helped. He tried to tell me I wasn't being paid, but that's illegal and so is docking time for being late if it's less then an hour, here in California.
>>
>>704695341
No, there usually is.
>>
>>704696652
Wow, the mentality presented here is so painfully condescending that I'm honestly shocked you can keep anyone around. If you really think you're that much better than the people you employ, then the problems run deeper than your management style.
>>
>>704698682
Proud wage slave detected
>>
>>704690803
Hey op just fucking leave earlier and don't be a cunt about it. I fucking hate slackers like you. I employ 40 people who all seem to make it in on time. Quit being a fucking individual.
>>
>the company where I work started testing products on animals
>dogs, to be specific
>manager tells me I have to take part
>I tell him I have ethical concerns
>he writes me up
>get told by upper management if I don't do the testing on the dogs, I'll get fired
>can't loose this job because money's tight as it is
>eventually give in
>fucking hate my life for the week that I'm doing it
>apply for other jobs at the same time
>find another job and quit right away
Fuck that place. I'll never work in a hammer factory again.
>>
>>704696051
Seriously, just talk to a lawyer. You're now in a position to sue over unpaid wages. Do the american thing and cash in on the failings of a manager.
>>
I got a job on an IT helpdesk once. They threw me on without any training whatsoever. The other people on the phones were too busy to teach me anything. I had fuck all idea what I was doing as they (the clients) used bespoke systems. I simply did not show up after two weeks as it was complete shit and all I got was upset clients complaining about me not knowing shit. I'd actually moved from another company doing similar work for 3 years because the pay was better. But fuck that. If they can't be bothered to at least get you up to speed then they don't deserve anyone.
>>
>>704701546
The "grace period" is to be on time. There is no "grace period", up to the manager/owner but there is no regulatory "grace period". Have you ever held a job?
>>
File: 1472219209422.jpg (109KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472219209422.jpg
109KB, 425x640px
>>704701792
the copypasta is strong with this one.
>>
>>704701343
>You're dumb. Yeah, we're all gonna die someday, but every other day we won't.

I am not advocating jerking around for a life time. What I'm having a hard-time to wrap my mind around is over-complication of things. If you are into something, fine. Go and work on it and enjoy it while it lasts. But don't get your anger over me when I am not as enthusiastic as you are.

>Is it really such a mystery/conspiracy to you that people can take pride in their work? I don't know what to tell you, anon. Accomplishing things makes you feel good. Try it sometime.

Yes it is a mystery. And I did accomplish things in my life that made me feel good. As I mentioned, I do not advocate for doing nothing. Thank you for your recommendation.
>>
>>704701081
You are part of the problem. "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life" sounds good on paper, but it doesn't work out that way, nor should it.

A hobby that you truly love and enjoy is something special, why would I want to turn my beloved and relaxing activity into work? I'd have to make sure I do whatever it is at a steady pace so the money doesn't stop, no more enjoying my hobby at my leisure. Other people would have to be involved, many of whom would most likely tell me how to do my hobby the right way.

You know why most people hate their jobs? It's not because they're not doing something they enjoy. You don't have to enjoy your work to be satisfied with it.

It's because they feel like nobody gives a shit about them, and most companies don't.
>>
I wonder if people of the future would look at this time period and go "What? Why did not they hire robots to get all the shit done?"
>>
just sayin dude, time to get real, if you arnt in the parking lot of your job 20 minutes before start time , you are late, I hope you take your next job more serious cause employers don't need dick headed lazy ass fucks wandering in when ever they feel like it
>>
>>704701984
Are you drunk or high or something? You aren't making any sense friend!
>>
>>704702216
>hire robots
>hire
wat

why would you pay a robot
>>
>>704696335
>$15 an hour
>Healthy

I was making 16.50 at age 17 as a technician.
I was making 18 at age 19
30 an hour at age 22

You're getting ripped off
>>
>>704696335
I'm making over double that and I'm 24. Doing IT shit.
>>
>>704702075

I'm part of the problem? The fact that I see through the transparencies of "effective management," "quarterly figures," "punctuality in your performance," "promoting from within the company," and all that other bullshit? I'm part of the problem because I have no problem speaking out against it? I'm part of the problem because I have turned my hobby into a job? You're just bitter that you haven't been able to do so... Enjoy watching our boss fuck your wife in front of you on the kitchen table.
>>
>>704690803
Same happened to me. Last job. Be 1.5 minutes late because my faggot co worker doesnt know how to get out of bed or pay gas money. Bonus if i leave him then i have to do his shitty job. Boss tells us to go home.

Suck the fat end of my dick. Litterally under 5 minutes late in 2 years. Tell them i want a 2 dollar raise or im never comming back. Get raise. Work 4 days. Quit without notice. Dont even feel bad. The owner was a cunt and i only halfway liked the one coworker that owed me over 3 grand at 5 bucks a day. They can all eat. 100% happy working by myself. Fuck co workers and bosses over your shoulder.
>>
>>704702216
Despite what Huffingpost article headlines say, there are still many jobs for which robots are an unsuitable and more costly option than human workers.
>>
>>704702291
Oh you just fucking know there's gonna be a tumblr movement calling for robot wages soon enough
>>
File: 35x3zp.jpg (25KB, 583x630px) Image search: [Google]
35x3zp.jpg
25KB, 583x630px
>>704690803
>Work at shitty pizza place
>am Delivery driver
>Hanging out with bro Delivery Drivers in back
> Touch cupboard, reaching for cloth because have to keep busy
>Door instantly falls off
>Drivers try to fix it to no success
>put it back until business cools down to tell manager
>couple hours later manager calls me in and asks about cupboard
>one of those rat drivers got to him first and blame me
>begin to explain
>"I dont know I...
>Cuts me off and tells me to clock out and go home
>Yells you lied to me, dont want to see your face, wadda yada
>WHole shop looking at us like hes hitler and im the jews
>Accept defeat clock out, before I leave i tell him to check the cameras because the door was broke before i touched it
>agrees to
>3 months later hasnt checked the cameras, still hates me, so i quit
>by the end of my time there he gave me literally zero hours bseides for janitor work he made up so fuck him
>Couple weeks later i show up there for food with my gf wearing old shop shirt with dicks and slander written all over it
>pizza was good boys
>>
>>704694856
Are you on the clock now on /b/ cocksucker?
>>
>>704702256
What parts of the aforementioned post did you find illogical specifically?
>>
>>704690803
Three minutes? You shouldnt have said anything. Are you salaried or on the clock?

Im lucky though. I put enough hours in each day on a salary that if I need to do shit or come in late for an appointment or something I notify them and just do it, and no one says a fucking word.
>>
>>704702354
>>704696335
You know what, actually this whole thread makes sense now. Youre a self entitled millennial who thinks he's worth something when truly, your a grunt making $15 an hour. He could replace you instantly. You are truly bottom of the barrel. You're getting paid less than average for a technician already. And I'm basing that number off of a poverty tier (Cleveland) average. Where ever you live should be way more than that.

Self entitled millennial who thinks he means something to the boss. He doesn't give two shits about you or the work you do. You are utter trash.
>>
>>704694856
What sort of a sad low life piece of shit shows up 30 minutes before you start? Calling you a trap cuck faggot would be an insult to actual trap cucks.
>>
>>704702480
Yes you are right. I also "believe" that those jobs that robots are unsuitable for also happen to be the ones that involve human interaction such as barbers, daycare staff, doctors, art performers etc
>>
>work from home
loling out loud at you commutecucks
>>
>>704702473
You don't see through anything. Again, "turn your hobby into your dream job!" is something children say.

How old are you? I'd guess around 25. That's really great that you've managed to turn your hobby into your dream job, you sound enthusiastic about it. What happens when you get sick of it in 10 years? What if you get sick of it in less time than that? What happens when then hobby you loved becomes a soulless and monotonous addition to your daily routine? You don't think it will happen, but it's inevitable.

You don't have to cuck yourself to a company to have a good job. Nor should you try and make your hobby your living.

A good job is one with people in higher positions that genuinely care about people in lower positions. If you are at a company that isn't like this, as most people are, just keep in mind that they don't care.
>>
File: 1471625721268.jpg (397KB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1471625721268.jpg
397KB, 4000x2250px
This seems like the appropriate thread for this question.
>how do you get a dickhead lead worker fired?

Probably a farfetched question since i guess hes good at his job, but its unacceptable to be going around deliberately trying to get individuals fired for mundane and petty shit.

Backstory? Real quick.
My department was slow so i was sent to help him out. This happens often, sometimes i help him without being asked. I go to the restroom and see him. He instantly cops an attitude and asks me if im going back. I say of course, but tell him I'm going home early (already told my lead) so he'll know to pick up another worker if he needs it. We go back and theres my head boss. First thing that comes out of the dickheads mouth?
>did you know hes leaving at 730?
And in the same breath he snitched out this other guy whod been working in his department for like 5 hours straight about taking a break without telling anyone when there was literally no one to tell.

This is just one incident. He almost literally rats someone new out each week. And he never approaches the person straight up before hand for a warning. Like he couldve asked me if i told my boss i was leaving early. Or let somebody know when you go on your break next time.

I try not to take shit personal especially in the job, they pay us to deal with people not to like them. But trying to ge me fired is personal.
>>
File: _o0ur4oSuFl1v0pigno1_1280.png (155KB, 992x1856px) Image search: [Google]
_o0ur4oSuFl1v0pigno1_1280.png
155KB, 992x1856px
This thread...
>>
>>704702714
if you arnt on site ready to work at least 20 minutes before punch clock time you are a lazy ass faggot, real men respect their work and don't stroll in late then get a coffee, take a dump, chat with the other lazy ass fucks, you are the problem with the USA you want a honest days pay of 1/3 of a days work, fuck off
>>
File: _o1tynlfCPT1v0pigno1_1280.jpg (655KB, 1019x1285px) Image search: [Google]
_o1tynlfCPT1v0pigno1_1280.jpg
655KB, 1019x1285px
>>
>>704703298
What is it with this fucking strawman? Yeah he was late, so obviously now he's gonna get his coffee and take a shit and eat a donut before actually starting.

You know people can shit and eat breakfast and get coffee at home right?

Are you saying this because that's what you do? I'd fire the fuck out of you if you started each by taking a dump
>>
>>704701498
You could have just done what the owner ask you to do then do what the manager told you to do. Idiot
>>
>>704703298
You're a baby boomer, aren't you?
>>
>>704703157

replace "jewish" with "capitalistic" to widen the spectrum, then there you go
>>
>>704703157
Where does the non wage slave live
>>
>>704690967
285?
>>
>>704695199
>this dude has the Napoleon Complex
>I did it my own way

And you don't?! Fucking dude is the boss of something bigger. He has to see things you don't get paid to care about, and all sorts of responsibilities, plans and knowledge on how to reach his goals. Even if he is experimenting with something and it turns out to be wrong, that's is a lesson he payed hard earned money to learn. Creativity is appreciated but only where it is needed. He may not have been good to you, but you were not to him either you ass.
>>
you are like the morons that whine about getting a speeding ticket"I was only going as fast as the other cars" well fuck right off I guess it was you lucky day to get schooled that there are requirements in this world and until you can shit 100$ bills you have to follow those requirements, one is BE ON FUCKING TIME, no excuses fagboy
>>
>>704703069

27, and my hobby/job has been working for me. Not the other way around. I'm happy adjusted, food stays in the fridge, the lights stay on and the roof remains over my head. I don't see how I'm such a bad person for not wanting to work for a mega-conglomerate, some chain or for other people in general. I make my own hours, I make my own money. Simple as that. Like I said, you're just jealous.
>>
>>704703664
>inb4 "What kind of a car does he drive?"
>>
>>704703481
gen x.but what difference does that make, I respect how privileged I am to have a job I respect
>>
>>704703831
If he doesn't have a car, where does he get money for the bus? Does he have a bike? How did he afford it?

How does he buy food? What about clothes?
>>
FUCK THE MAN, burn one and chill to some sublime, the day will only get better
>>
>>704703833
Just confirming that you're older than me and brainwashed. I bet you're proud that you never have a sick day, and don't use all your vacation days each year.
>>
>>704695912

It has nothing to do with his personality. You're trying to find something that isn't there.
>>
>>704703744
>no excuses
This is why tens of thousands were fired from their jobs in NYC Sept. 12, 2001. Nice dubs.
>>
>>704703447
I would've gotten yelled at by either party if I didn't for not doing what they wanted at that time. I could never satisfy them even though I was their best employee
>>
why did you go home like a beta bitch?
>>
>>704704014
I use sick days when I am SICK, I know novel concept I use all my vacation days, I take my kids to museums and shit on vacation
>>
>>704703814
I didn't say you were a bad person, I said your mentality was wrong and part of the problem, then explained why. Twice.

I secretly am jealous though. I wish I could find a way to make a living playing video games or sleeping.
>>
>>704690803
If you're on time, you're late. You need to get to work at least 15 minutes early so you can get your shit together and be ready to go when it's start time.
>>
>>704690803
>own my own business
>I am the boss
>I hate myself
>Fuck you bossman
>>
>>704704132

Same old story that, everyone thinks they're cut above the rest or the best employee.

You need to get out of that bubble propping up your ego, its not healthy.
>>
>>704703298
Real men show up to work early, on time, or late. They get paid as they make their coffee and chat about sports with coworkers. Real men then get paid to take their routine morning shit while looking at porn or trolling 4chan. Real men find a way to get the most out of a situation. Find the boundaries and push them. Milk the company for whatever you can. They are doing the same from you.
>>
>>704704014
He never shits at work either to save company toilet paper.
>>
File: like-symbol.jpg (91KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
like-symbol.jpg
91KB, 1280x1024px
>>704704177
this dude gets it
>>
>>704704163
Proud wage slave detected.
>>
>>704695341
At my job. If you let us know before hand were cool. You have 3 minutes to show up after your scheduled shift time if you dont let us know ahead of time. After 5 minutes its a verbal warning if not a write up and after 30 min its no call no show. Most companies have a grace period and most are cool if you let them know ahead of time.
>>
>>704704164

Your logic and reasoning was nothing but gibberish to me. All I read from it was this...

>Suck the corporate cock
>Cuck cuck cuck cuck.

And I mean no disrespect by this. I used to have a shitty job for a company. But one day, I realized 12/hour to run a kitchen full of what seemed like children was not enough. So, I left. In the middle of my shift. Never looked back. Also, you can make money playing videogames. If you're part of PC Master Race, you can max out characters on MMORPG's and sell the accounts. Tons of newfags still pay for that shit. It's a total scam but you win in the end.
>>
>>704704163
So anon, are you at work right now?
>>
>>704704239
no that is faggot union workers, fuck those pieces of shit
>>
>>704704239
This. Im always late. My agm is worse. Dude shows up 10 minutes late to a shift takes another 20 putting his work clothes on and still says he was on time. I dont say shit though cause we all back each other up.
>>
>>704704239

Fuck, this.

This isn't 3,000 years ago where you got paid in food cloth & salt, putting in a hard days labour meant a good safe life, this is a world where shitting on the bottom rungs has become a science, where nepotism is hidden in a world that despises it, and unless you're at the top, theres always someone beneath trying to take a dump on you.
>>
>>704704236
I was the best employee at THAT place. I normally don't have that mentality but you would think people who've been the food business for 20+ years would have common sense about things.
>>
File: 1463592076257.gif (2MB, 195x150px) Image search: [Google]
1463592076257.gif
2MB, 195x150px
>>704703157
>>704703423
Well, you need money to live, even if you're a NEET. If you can spend your day going out with your friends, that probably means your friends have no job either, and are also depending on the hard work of their parents to go on.

But hey, dignity and independence have different values in the minds of different people.

Not saying you have to be a corporate slave, but yeah, you gotta make a living somehow.

...And your anime drawings prolly won't cut it
>>
>>704704370

>Food cost
>Food cost
>Food cost
>>
>>704704473
go in at 3 pm est work at Fed ex
>>
>>704704513
Haha, quite the opposite. The union workers would be slaving away in the hot as fuck factory, all proud of their hard work and mindlessness. I was in the air conditioned office as a salaried worker getting paid to surf the web and fix random computer shit.
>>
>>704704567

He probably has the ickiest, stickiest bud around and wax/shatter for decent prices.
>>
File: 1471029352775.jpg (201KB, 1440x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1471029352775.jpg
201KB, 1440x1800px
>>704703298
Oooo shit, no he ditent. Damn, this nigga dropping truth bombs like Nagasaki. As a governing rule try to begin work at least 5 minutes after clocking in. If i clock in at 11 im work by 11:03 unless something weird happened. Twenty minutes early is a good rule to go by too.
>>
>>704704370
Kek
>>
>>704704513
I'm a union worker and the nepotistic non-union sector in my field is exactly as anon stated. We police our own and hold ourselves to a higher standard.
>>
>>704690803
DONT BE FUCKING LATE! LEAVE IN BETTER TIME! FUCKING JUNKIE
>>
>>704690803
>sick but still went to work
>tell manager I'm sick but willing to pitch in
>get sent to work in a freezer
>her mindset is it'll make me feel better
>get done with work
>go home and sleep
>wake up to a massive fever
>catch phenomena
>worry about losing my job more than my life
>take meds and wait out the sickness
>get pulled in to the office and scolded for my poor attendance

Manager was fired not to long after that, wonder why..
>>
I only have 2 employees but I let them do whatever the fuck they want. I buy them lunch everyday. I spend a lot on them for their birthday's and Xmas. Fuck, we tell eachother "I love you" on the way out the door every night. They are both extremely hot which might be the reason I'm good to them..idk I haven't figured it out yet but I love em and under no circumstances would I fire either one of them.
>>
>>704705060
You're fucking one of them, aren't you?
>>
>>704704567
Not my drawings, just reposted
>>
RN - 10 minutes early before the shift is enough time to drop my shit in the break room and then get report. 20 minutes early is moronic.
>>
>>704703918
Working =/= over-inflating the concept of basically selling/renting your labor to someone else with terms like dignity, self respect etc

An honest work is not necessarily a work where you bust your ass, keep thinking about how not to fuck up way too hard even in your spare non-working hours.

You can pay your rent, get on a bus while having a decent paying job that does not demand your very existence committed to itself.

Are you working to live or living to work?

If the only enjoyment you get from life are blocked behind social status and money, I am afraid you are a wage slave.
>>
>>704704865
unions suck shit. if you need bodies hire the union if you want quality hire anyone except union, fuck your union and all the faggots in it
>>
>>704705060
People like me usually don't make it to the top tho..I'm not heartless and selfish enough to make it big in this world
>>
>>704703157
>>
>>704695969
tell us more. it's interesting
>>
>>704690803
Have you ever considered the possibility that your a shitty employee, and that was just the last straw?
>>
>>704705200
What are you are saying in this post is not what the images says in that other post

"there is no reason to have a job in 2016"
>>
>>704705207
You have no idea what my union is. We clean up and repair all of the fuck-ups that unskilled non-union workers create.
>>
>>704690803
>23
>$20/hr working a basic grunt job
>be hard worker
>be in a unionised company
>manager is spineless. she wont stand up to the directors because she is a yes-woman (bad for us)
>she wont stand up to her own workers for fear of the union being brought down on her (good for us)
>she lies through her teeth to everyone.
>one day she attempts to write me up for being on my phone, i say "maybe its time i started looking for a new job."
>as previously stated im a hard worker in a station filled with dog fuckers, she knows she cant loose me.
>dontgetwritenup.jpeg
>find out later that she attempted to fuck over 7 other employees (some of which arnt even her responcibility)
>7 people complain about her to the union.
>union starts brewing up an almightly shitstorm for her.
>never heard if anything came of it but since then she spends all her time kissing the directors asses and our asses as well.
>21 missed days, supposed to get writen up at 10... no write up yet. today will be 22- im actualy starting to feel guilty- at this point if i did get writen up, i'd just accept it.
>>
>>704690803
How many times have you already been late OP?
>>
>>704705369
Two different anons
>>
>>704693666
True story here. Last job - bunch of cucks. Employees treared like shit. Lazy, fucking tarded and didnt care. Bust my ass 2 years. Wall in one day and all fucks gone. Become lazy cuck and almost get fired. 0 fucks given. They think i want fired and unemployment so give me shitty jobs. I just laugh. Honestley 0 fucks to give. Litterally just bust ass 10 minutes on any project and fuckoff the rest of the day. Had a spot mittor set up to see the boss comming and would sit in the parts shed until someone comes and act like im looking for shit i knew we didnt have. Dont feel the least bad about it. This job treats me pretty well, pays pretty well, and in return ill work a little off the clock or weekends some just to clean on my equipment and make sure things are good. They fucking love me and dmi do dick all but act proffessional in front of customers and take care of shit.
>>
>>704705200
The only enjoyment I get from life is watching star trek on Netflix even though I've seen them all in order several times and playing video games that are boring now. They're blocked behind money. Does that mean I'm a wage slave?
>>
>>704703150
contact HR, or whoever is the equivalent. Make it known that he's hostile towards other employees and that if it doesn't stop you're going to corporate on this situation. Put fire under their ass to snuff his fire out.
>>
File: 1465730229197.jpg (84KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465730229197.jpg
84KB, 640x768px
>>704704370
top lel
>>
>>704705133
Nah. One of them tries to hook up every time she's in between boyfriends. I'm usually a sex fiend and would gladly fuck the shit outa either of them but I'm trying to keep it professional and work on my self control. One has been around a year the other a year and half. It's really hard not to fuck em tbh because they sleep over sometimes. They always rubbing on me and being all sweet and shit. I'm 31 and they're 20 and 23. When you put a dick in a young one it always complicates the friendship..so doing my best not to fuck em
>>
>>704705425
the only good union is no union, worthless unskilled fodder for the labor market
>>
>>704705547
Don't listen to that guy, literally everything in the modern world is blocked behind money. #1 cause of stress in the world is financial difficulty. Why? because fucking everything costs money.

You are a wage slave though, and it seems like you don't understand how to enjoy things that aren't made as entertainment
>>
>>704705624
that guy is cute af
>>
>>704695832
This 100%. Cocksuckers gonna suck that dick anons... fuck a boss that has 0 repect for his workforce. They all deserve to be cucked. I know its a 2 way street but im a generally respectful person. Dont come bitching at me because your a 50's something ttyhard with no social life or ambishins...
>>
>>704705447
I did that once. You won't get a write-up. They'll say they're recounting the days you took off. Then a week later you'll get pulled into HR and fired. You qualify for unemployment though, because if you're fired because of a progressive point system, they have to give you a warning before they can fire you. Enjoy your free money for 6 months. I did.
>>
>be me
>admittedly not very punctual
>have to take three buses to get to job, which adds to being late sometimes
>get told can't be late anymore
>at bus stop
>girl pulls knife on another girl
>step in to stop and take knife from girl
>cops called
>have to stand there giving account of what happened to cops
>late again
>fired
>>
>>704699389
all the other cunts in this thread "u were a bad woerker deservd to get fired, heh, nothing personnel kid" are idiots. this is the only common sense comment on here
>>
>>704705746
Excellent point. You're welcome.
>>
>be 16
>first ever job, working at a pool concession stand
>towards the end of august my family is going on vacation
>tell manager when it's still July that I'm not gonna be able to work for a whole week at the end of august
>says to put it in the book for requesting time off
>do it immediately, assume it's all good
>fast forward to the week before I leave
>manager posts schedule for next week, I'm scheduled to work
>wtf, go talk to her
>ask me very angrily why I didn't put it in the book
>tell her I did, show her
>well why didn't you tell me
>I did
>she doesn't believe me but grudgingly agrees to fix my schedule
>fast forward another week while in south carolina for vacation
>calls me demanding to know why I'm not at work
>scolds me for not making it clear that I would be gone the entire week even though I did multiple times
>get back from vacation and she officially reprimanded me for absenteeism
>>
>>704690803
Get a better job. Sounds like you're in food services or retail. Also, leave earlier. Accommodate for potential traffic by allowing yourself to arrive 10-15 mins before your scheduled time, (this is called initiative).
>>
>>704705824
Why didn't you get a note from the cop to say why you were late? They literally do that specifically for that reason.
>>
>>704705789
>The only enjoyment I get from life is watching star trek on Netflix even though I've seen them all in order several times and playing video games that are boring now. They're blocked behind money. Does that mean I'm a wage slave?

Yes
>>
>>704705824
doesn't pay to do people favors, but it helps to think it makes you a better person.
>>
>>704705824
NO EXCUSES, YOU LAZY SHIT. You need to show up an hour early every day or you deserve to be fired.
>>
>>704705743
You'll look back on this situation years later and you'll wish you would have fucked one or both. That said, I respect that you're trying to better your self control. Props on that at least.
>>
>>704690803
Sad thing is, op; if you didn't announce your tardiness it probably would have gone unnoticed. Sorry you work for a huge sack of faggots
>>
>tfw hours are complete shit
>tfw only enough time off to sleep before I have to work again
>tfw not allowed to quit my job
>tfw my job is tertiary adjunct of unimatrix 01
>>
>>704705990
I probably could have but I had already pushed my luck with them. It was a charity organization that picks up stuff from stores, etc... If we leave late we miss dock times and I did that to them too many times.
>>
>>704705746
You faggots that hate unions are braindead.
>>
>be salary employee
>massive fucking snowstorm in a place that rarely snows
>roads impossible to drive on
>walk to work
>only person there out of 100 employees
>Management tells everyone they must use vacation time if they don't show for work
>Management cant make it in either
>One coworker that owns a snow-mobile makes it in
>sees I'm the only one there
>"fuck anon, i thought i would be the only one to make it in today"
>coworker grabs a bottle of whiskey from his snowmobile
>spend the day getting drunk and racing around on office chairs
>rest of the employees are fucking livid the next day

it could have turned out worse for me but that's a good example of how management treats everyone
>>
>>704691338
was it the first time or a repeated offence? were you warned before?
>>
>>704706175
I fucked a few of their friends and dated one for 6 months. One got really upset about it. Told her I love her like a sister and would stop banging her friend. She felt guilty and tried to play it off..I quit banging her friend. I could tell it bothered her. She went back to her old sweet self when I stopped fucking her friend. They don't bring friends around anymore lol
>>
>>704706302
>work in building trades in union
>50% of workers show up drunk, hungover or high
>most smoke weed during lunch
>shop steward doesn't care
>sit around until foreman starts coming up elevator
>union dues support shit candidates
>>
>>704690875
The San Antonio Riverwalk. Lets all go for a Fuddruckers Ribeye steak platter for $13.99
>>
Honestly, I believe that the idea of "job" (not "profession", that is entirely a different concept) is created to keep uncreative, low IQ normies (who seek happiness all the time, but nevertheless fall into the trap of marginal utility) from raping, pillaging and murdering the self-motivated, creative self-sufficient people (who are not happy but content and satisfied) possibly out of jealousy and also boredom.
>>
>>704706300
You're probably better off anyway. Obviously they weren't paying you enough to own a car.

>have to take three buses to get to job
>>
>>704690803
>Work at small pizzeria
>Coworkers are all assholes and talk shit behind your back
>Ingredients suck ass
>Eye-gouging prices
>One of the bosses (there's two) is a perv having a midlife crisis, only hires pretty high school girls and pays them 10 dollars.
>The other is a pussy and won't address the drama in the workplace, even though he's a fucking boss there.
>Neither of them will fire for fear of paying unemployment. For real.
>All other plebs there make 8, even the niggers that have been here for 10 years.
>Waitresses are all shit talking, fat (like ball on two toothpick legs fat), ugly, and cause drama.
>Kitchen faggots are all lazy, try telling you how to do your job while failing at their own.
>One day waitress tries talking shit to my best friend that also works there
>Get in that hoes face and tell her to fuck off
>Clock out, tell the boss in text, acts chill.
>Next day I walk in
>"You need to be nicer to Jean, she needs help carrying the food out."
>Says he's losing money now because me and bro won't help, he had to hire someone to help her.
>Jean is a 400 pound landwhale with crumbling knees that cannot do the job without dragging someone away from their post.
>Whynotjustreplaceher.mpeg
>Ends with boss saying I need to be nicer to her and be more friendly and talkative.
>Go home that night
>Me and bro never go back to that place again

Not the worst, but it was ridiculous. It's a fucking pizzeria, but everyone wanted to act like it was Jersey Shore.
>>
>>704690803
My work has kind of taken a zero tolerance policy on tardiness also. Otherwise people tend to push it. 2 minutes becomes 5 becomes 15 minutes. Shit happens sometimes but they don't see it like that here. I've been told to go home a couple times. Then they wrote me up for it to document it.
>>
>>704690803
>I break my back everyday at work

Just why ?
>>
>>704706302
Im just jealous I'm not in one so I'm a hater.
>>
>>704703833
You keep using that 'R' word, and at this point I'm certain you have no idea what it really means.
>>
>>704706814
It's an idiom, idiot.
>>
>>704706573
No, wrong. Job is the term we apply to menial tasks that must be performed by someone to uphold modern day levels of convenience.

People assume that only retards take these jobs because for some reason the actual retards of the world started to believe they were too good to do any labor.
>>
>>704703664
In their mom's basement.
>>
>>704706834
I wish I had a union job. If you're jealous in means you understand the value of having a union.
>>
>>704694856
How many times a week do you get punched in the face, asshole ?
Maybe not enough
>>
>>704693666
SATAN!
>>
>>704706739
I love how places bitch about you being five minutes late, but don't complain about the free overtime you give them when staying late to complete a task.
>>
>>704706882
This. Why does everyone like to assume their local minimum wage workers gave up on life and resigned themselves to "wage slavery"?? That fag in the McD's tshirt might be going to school on the side, you'd never know unless you asked.
>>
>>704706898
But I'm a wage slave and I live there now because my mother can't afford the house on her own.
>>
>>704707075
Sure I do. As a worker it would be nice to be able to not have an employer arbitrarily fuck you around.
>>
>>704706882
You are correct.

Probably the biggest motivation behind the invention of "making other people do your shit" is the insatiable greed and psychopathy of the bourgeoisie retards, if I got you correct?
>>
>>704694856
Wow people really hate bosses for no reason.

Ya I would say that you are going above and beyond, and being so hard line will generate more frustration than inspiration or productivity.

For some things it makes a lot of sense to really be harsh though, especially with new workers who need to know the expectation.

I have never been late to work, it's not hard.
>>
>>704707170
That's funny you say that. I had the same scenario. I pointed it out to my boss. About how I'd stay 10-15 minutes late lots of days until my relief got to their posts etc. he'd rather have me out that in my timesheet than extend me the courtesy when I'm 2-3 minutes late.
>>
>>704707203
Circumstances, my friend. You have family obligations, you're helping your own mother, otherwise you would find another living situation.

I meant the fatfucks collecting NEETbux and mooching off their mothers. "Maaa! More hotpockets!" You know?
>>
>>704707170
Right? Fuck all these shitty jobs trying to squeeze their employees out of a fair deal.
>>
>>704693584
oh wow that's awful man, god forbid you have to work while you're at work.
>>
>"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!"
―Fink's personal creed
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.