[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/philosophy thread. I'm interested to hear what ideologies/beliefs

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

File: philosophy.jpg (37KB, 708x652px) Image search: [Google]
philosophy.jpg
37KB, 708x652px
/philosophy thread. I'm interested to hear what ideologies/beliefs you guys follow. whats your philosophy of life?

nihilist here.
>>
>>685306647

>inb4 everyone thinks you're an edgy tryhard or your thread dies without any posts other than my own.
>>
>>685306647
>nihilism
Unless you're a dummy who actually believes in existentialism, then you're an edgy tryhard.
>>
>>685306647
Egalitarian. Except for niggers.
>>
heterarchical anarchy
>>
>>685307570
there's a bit of grey area here. There seems to be some sort of "edgy" stereotype regarding people with nihilistic beliefs. Maybe I would classify myself more towards an optimistic nihilist, which as cheesy as it sounds, basically means well we're all fucked but might as well enjoy it. I just believe it because i think it's true, no edgelord here.
>>
>>685308645
now that would be interesting to see.
>>
Isnt the definition of nihilism to not believe in anything ergo to believe that there actualy is nothing to believe in or to enjoy.

I mean a nihilist basicly doesnt even believe he or she is.

So.. maybe your believe is something other than nihilism you just dont know the right word for it yet
>>
>>685309225
That is definitely a possibility.

>>685308707
my post.

maybe im more of an optimistic nihilist, which isnt really a thing, or maybe im just a flat out existentialist. who knows, i find it quite a fascinating topic.
>>
Objectivistical theism
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
Hedonist
>>
>>685308707
You're a hedonist, friend. One true purpose in life is to enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
File: 1463161945935s.jpg (2KB, 101x125px) Image search: [Google]
1463161945935s.jpg
2KB, 101x125px
How can we say the Earth is round when our thinking is so flat?
>>
>>685306647

Why is atheism an upside down cross? Shouldn't it just be a blank card or a picture of the earth or an atom or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 228x222px
>>685310755
To piss off Christians. Edge to the max.
>>
>>685310101
This
>>
>>685310755
Because the stereotype for atheists is the edgy 'kristens r dum' white knight.
>>
>>685310755
Atheist are only rebeling against Christianity
>>
>>685311028
Yup
>>
>>685306647
You can't be nihilist
If you say there's no meaning, you're saying there's something meaningful enough inside you to make that judgement
And then all nihilists go find something to live for. Whatever that thing is, that's what you really are. A true nihilist would, upon realizing it, immediately stop eating and drinking, because those things are meaningless, and die
>>
>>685310857

I'm honestly curious where the idea comes from. It's so common to have people assume if you don't love something you must hate it.

>>685311056

Being anti-islam is way cooler and edgier if you're going to single out a religion.
>>
>>685311541
>t. 14 year old
>>
>>685311541
>Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy.

Do you even know what Nihilism is?
>>
>>685311584
Because atheists are hardly ever indifferent to Christianity, most just hate it with a passion
>>
>>685306647
Any book you recomend?
>>
>>685312047
>i easily confuse the opinions of the vocal minority with what the majority of people in that group think because it confirms by biases

this is you, this is how you've chosen to live your life
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>685312369
>>
>>685309743
Optimistic nihilism made no sense in my head. What you describe sounds pretty much like hedonism.

Existensialism - There is no meaning to life/ existence, no way to determine/compare your existence, beliefs, to see if they are actually true or meaningful.

Nihilism- Continue from above. -Therefore what I say/decide/want/determine is the only thing that matters/as good as any. There is no need to justify anything because all acts are meaningless.

Hedonism- There is purpose/meaning to my existence and that is to chase joy/gratification. Anything done in this is completely justified because the result is me being fulfilled.
>>
>>685312366
Siddartha by Herman Hesse
>>
>>685306647
hedonism forever
I'd rather enjoy life than be a sad whiny nihilist going on about how life is worth nothing.
>>
Sympathize most with Buddhism but my actions are generally amoral and hedonistic.
>>
File: Fugg yah.gif (2MB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
Fugg yah.gif
2MB, 203x270px
>>685310101
Aye aye
>>
>>685312369
What i said was a response as to why the symbol for atheism is an upside down cross and my interpretation of its meaning.

Be more butt mad fedora man.
>>
>>685306647

In the beginning there was nothing but cuckholds and sadness. One day a great man named MOOT came into our lives and opened up our minds to the truth of life, traps, ect.

MOOT created the world from the ground up by spilling crusty semen all over the floating rock previously known as "Earth".
We in Chanism believe that without MOOT reddit would've taken over and caused a great age of depression and suicide for all the lost souls. MOOT was a great and glorious being, he brought order to the madness, light to the dark, help to the helpless

One day MOOT fucked off and went to work for Google.

The day MOOT left brought upon us the coming of the dark ages. Reddidrones and 9Fags took over and we were left helpless.

But from the ashes of MOOTs departure, at our greatest time of need, HIRO arose and brought the coming of a new age of prosperity for Chanism.

We were all free once again and salvation was ours. HIRO helped fend off all the cuckholds and depression and let us all live in peace without the fear of being taken over.
HIRO was the hero Chanism not only needed, but deserved. The one who smited all the cucks and summerfags. The only one who could keep the newfags from over running Chanism.

Ever since that day we've been living in peace and prosperity. But dare we become cuckholds or fags and HIRO will send us to Tumblr (Hell) but if we follow HIRO we will become ascended and have no need for anything but Chanism and Chanism alone. All others are inferior.
>>
>>685313413
Buddhism is based.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBeyT5884w
>>
>>685313738
Looks like he forgot a summerfag
>>
>>685313840
Pretty much. To me I recognize Buddhist thought to be the absolute, but the sense of detachment from my own beliefs and existence is exactly what lead me to border on Nihilism/Hedonism, since I'm free to take any philosophical stance I so desire, yet negate all of them simultaneously.
>>
dunno man.i love dogs,getting wasted and music.
hate niggers and jews.what doest that make me?
>>
>>685310101
>pic related
You can be hedonistic without prematurely ending your life and ultimately your ability to perceive you know
>>
>>685314406
It's a picture, meant to be a joke.
>>
>>685314397
White
>>
>>685314676
ayyy lmao
>>
Moral Objectivist, Skeptical pragmatist.
In short this means i am an atheist, and that i believe there is such a thing as innate morality.

In terms of "philosophy of life" i subscribe to the classical liberal idea of "do onto others": as long as i don't directly infringe of your life-project, and you don't directly infringe on mine, we both have individual freedom, which is the bedrock of a reasonable life.
>>
>>685316339
I wouldn't feel bad if I knocked your bullshit over simply because my brain structure inhibits empathy, which you can construe as a defect but I perceive it as a strategic advantage in the inherently sociopathic game of survival. So morality is not innate, and by shattering your boundaries it would be necessary to punish me for antisocial behavior, which would require authority derived from an aspect of nature that is philosophically opposed to my warrior-esque way of life.
>>
>>685306647
Life is about living, so live.
>>
File: image.jpg (755KB, 1354x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755KB, 1354x2048px
>>685316996
>>
>>685309225
Wrong. They just believe that there is no meaning to anything at at all. That's everything is just hurling along on no chosen path and totally without any reason. Believing in nothing = believing that there is no reason to anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 394x406px
>>685317373
That must be exhausting.
>>
File: 1463669490343.png (185KB, 278x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463669490343.png
185KB, 278x368px
>>685313738
all hail the virgin bailey
>>
>>685316996
Indeed. Psycopathy and Sociopathy are viewed in Moral Objectivism as essentially humans born without this innate morality. They are rare, and ought to be treated humanely. You might consider this fact an argument against the very concept however, but don't let this become a nature/nurture issue, this isn't really what we're talking about here. I'm saying my view is that it is possible for me to know for certain that certain aspects of Islamic religion for example are morally reprehensible because they are culturally motivated, and thus my own morality lacking those cultural triggers are superior. Eg, I don't think it's moral to murder my daughter if she was raped because i feel ashamed.
>>
File: 1463549776666.jpg (2MB, 2006x1516px) Image search: [Google]
1463549776666.jpg
2MB, 2006x1516px
>>685306647

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38h0W2bZrQ
>>
>>685317595
Apparently they find it freeing and pretty easy.
>>
>>685306647
facism/pragmatism
>>
>>685317373
Yup Nihilism is just an ism for not thinking there's a "higher purpose" to our existence, nothing else. This pretty much applies to all atheists by definition, and is a pretty resonable view in my opinion. It doesn't mean you're a lazy cunt who doesn't give a shit about anything happening in your life or the world in general.
>>
>>685313840
agreed
>>
>>685318131
This is true. Theres a stigma about them that they are sad, pessimistic loners who complain about everything, but really its the complete opposite. think about it. things having no meaning is something to be happy about, not sad.
>>
>>685318284
and then in comes christian existentialism, which i think is an absolute joke to be honest.
>>
>>685318426
It all depends what those "things" are. If you're going to talk about philosophy, you have to be more verbose than simply "things".
>>
>>685318555
How so ? (ignoring the obivious Christian moniker)
>>
So what gets a "nihilist" out of bed? Why do anything?
>>
More based Buddha.

Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
>>
>>685318766
Nossing
>>
>>685316996
I definitely agree with this to a high extent. I believe in a dog-eat-dog world, where the individual always comes first. Morals are one of the most subjective things out there so i dont really believe society should impose this "obvious" sense of morality on everyone.
>>
>>685306647
>nihilist here.
you're an idiot. like to see how much of a nihlist you are when someone murders your family.
second, lots of stuff can be 'known" and "communicated" youre doing it right now, you fucking moron
>>
>>685318766
As mentioned earlier, Nihilism means doubting there's a (universal) reason humans exist. In other words, we weren't created, the universe didn't decide to "create" us to fulfill some goal. So what get's you out of the bed in the morning is what gets everybody out of the bed in the morning; various things in your life.
>>
in terms of politics it's British Conservatism (Burke, Nisbet, Oakshott, Kristol) + Thomas Hobbes

outside of politics scientific scepticism (Sagan)
>>
>>685318766
Meaningless emptying of the bladder
>>
>>685318625
everything apart from the necessities required to survive. morals, social norms, politics, conversations, you name it. I'm not talking about what some other guy mentioned in this thread like food, water, etc. Basically things that are not required to sustain a human life are meaningless.
>>
>>685318913
The individual coming first is exactly what objectivism is about. If you believe for example that Islamic morality as applied by ISIS is on par with your own morality and is just as good, then you are not a moral objectivist. If you think your morality is better because you consider their morality to be reprehensible, you are a moral objectivist. If you think religion is the source of morality you are not a moral objectivist.
>>
>>685318766
remember meaningless things can still be desired, without any real direction. It's just accepting that meaningless is the truth. It doesnt necessarily mean there is no point in living.
>>
>>685319548
This doesn't mean that morality is innate since it is always handed down from a position of authority, hence why different systems have developed throughout time.
>>
I'm an empiricist I guess. I'll believe what you can prove. So far I haven't seen any reason to believe that life or humanity exists for any specific reason, and I also have not seen any proof for the existence of any gods, so I guess that also makes me an atheist and a nihilist. I'm not sure what constructivism is though, and you pic is to shittty to read the fine text.
Pretty sure that makes OP a fag.
>>
>>685319361
Define meaningless then. Do you mean bereft of a "higher" metaphysical meaning, or do you mean the more common use of the word as in not personally giving a shit and ignoring them.
>>
Im An absurdist personally, I think that sure, the world is a shitty place, were born we live and die for no reason, there is no God, and people are inherently bad, but so what, that doesn't mean life has to be shit, the fact that there's no intrinsic value in living means that you need to live for the moment and not worry about the things you can't control

Check out Camus, Kierkegaard, and Sartre, three of my favorites
>>
>>685318971
Actually in my particular situation I'm not too bothered about my family. Not too close to them. And we THINK we are knowing things. We THINK they are being communicated. That's the whole fucking point, really at the end of the day nothing can be known for sure, therefore making it meaningless. I'm trying to sound as un-edgy as possible but its hard with such a topic. You're very ignorant.
>>
File: 1463763685845.jpg (5KB, 338x149px) Image search: [Google]
1463763685845.jpg
5KB, 338x149px
Continental philosophy
>>
>>685308707
You're an absurdist, or hedonist, Or probably an epicurean
>>
>>685309225
Cogito ergo sum bro
>>
>>685319361
You can't survive as individual, maybe you can live alone in flat in todays modern society, but you would definitely strugle a lot or worse if you get separated from "the group". Man can't live alone.

You dont need to care about politics but politics will care about you.
>>
>>685319548
I agree completely. I know my morals are above everybody else, simply because I am myself. I feel most people should feel this way, but eh, to each there own.
>>
>>685319739

Are you making your definition of words? Empiticism is something else than what you've just described.
>>
>>685319737
The difference is in to what extent morality is culturally/religiously indoctrinated. Almost all human beings understand on a fundamental level without being informed of it that killing another human being is wrong for example. Or that causing other people harm in any way is not a good thing. When culture and religion directly affect these innate ideals, they take away from, in stead of add to an individuals morality.
>>
>>685314397
An hero (hopefully)
>>
>>685319802
I think it's a bit of both to be honest, but more importantly, when talking in philosophical terms, metaphysical meaning. Although im sure a true, 'hardcore' nihilist would feel there is no metaphysical meaning or generic meaning at all.
>>
I'm not "religious", and agnostic-leaning atheist when if comes to believing in "God". But it seems as if a nihilist is someone who "get's done what they have to, and want to", but has this "apathetic" view of life. Not depression, but an indifference. I would not want to hang with someone like that. No joy. No fun.
>>
>>685320358
nah.i`m actually happy about my life ya know
>>
>>685319739
Yeah like >>685320302 said.
Empiricism is more about testing in order to prove rather than taking a view where you can't find proof. What you're talking about is Skepticism.
>>
I go along the lines of Descartes on doubting everything, so feel I can be defined as an agnostic nihilist, and I believe that in life, wether it is real or not, it is always possible to improve upon yourself.
>>
>>685320336
We originated by killing one another in tribal warfare, and are still doing so today. We didn't perceive it to be wrong. Hell, many cultures relished in conquering weaker tribes and even performed ritualistic sacrifices. It's only now through cultural indoctrination do we perceive this traits to be harmful/negative. Even children will lie, steal, and harm one another until they're punished or made to feel guilty, which shows that conventional morality is in no way innate to our species.
>>
>>685319739
Thats the intention. You look up the philosophical ideas to learn about them more to, you know, branch your knowledge? If you can't be arsed looking it up then clearly you aren't interested in philosophy and maybe shouldn't be on this thread.
>>
>>685306647
>nihilist here.
existential or moral, be specific you fucking dunce.
>>
Faggotism.
>>
>>685320803
There's no apathy or depression in nihilism really, unless you find the fact that there is no higher meaning or god who decided that you should exist and do "meaningful" things depressing or apathetic.
>>
>>685310857
>>685310755
But the upside down cross is the symbol of Saint Peter. The pope used to have it on the back of his throne before he switched to a chair.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter
>>
>>685320967
That's even better actually. It's not like I could fucking read OP's shit pic. But I'm still an empiricist in that sense because I believe in the wide application of the scientific method.
>>
>>685321144
Moral you cunt whore loser faggot pussy dick
>>
>>685321020
By that argument we would have killed eachother off long before we met the proverbial Moses on the mountain to give us our moral codex. When you work evolution into your view you will quickly see how this works.
>>
>>685311541
Nope. Try again.
>>
>>685321426
if only there were such a thing as the internet to research the ideology.. hmmmm you need to be spoon fed dont you anon
>>
>>685321082
It's called "being a lazy bastard", it has nothing to do with whether or not I'm into philosophy. I'm not though, I was just stating my view and passing by. I prefer hard science. And I've already done my research on that topic.
>>
Anyway, the problem with this thread is that OP doesn't tell us which field of philosophy they want to discuss. so we get philosophy of mind, morality, epistemology, etc etc. Be more specific and it'll be easier to have a dialogue.
>>
>>685321703
The internet is srs bsnss, ain't it Anon?
>>
>>685321915
Do you know what Science was called before it got this name ? Every field is philosophy at its core, and to understand them you must understand philosophy as well.
>>
>>685321926
That's a good point actually.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.