[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World of warcraft is dead right now. Do you think Legion will

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 30

File: images.jpg (11KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 301x167px
World of warcraft is dead right now. Do you think Legion will be able to save it? Looked at all the server populations yesterday most were medium only 3 servers are high populated.

Discuss World of warcraft
>>
>>675618481
i wouldnt even bother but the fact that thread is dead u realize wtf is going to happen lol
>>
>>675618599
thread was created 50 seconds ago, lol.
>>
Wow still has sub numbers(millions) other mmo's can only dream of, if they dropped to 100,000 it'd still be financially viable. Not to mention everything they earn through the store etc. I'm bored as fuck on the game at the moment however heh
>>
I think the problem is Blizzard went against the core demographic that made them the gold standard for mmorpgs in the first place. Back in the days of vanilla and burning crusade , there was none of this mindless get-to-max-level-in-a-day thing, it took work, now you just need the heirlooms and lfg system. There were no pet battles or collectable vanity pets save one or two, there was no garrison stations to do your professions for you or items that auto leveled your professions to match each continent respectively. Blizzard has gone so far toward the family and kid friendly aspects of play that they've all but alienated actual gamers who don't want mindless time wasting , they want a game.

The lfg system destroyed the whole social aspect of game play. You used to habe trade chat on ant given server bursting with pug raids , guild recruiting for instances and pvp and end game content , and other fun things like lvl 1 hogger raids and other bullshit like that. Having a guild wasn't just for social reasons back in the day , it was a necessity if you wanted to raid end game content and get geared , raid night was the most fun of any classic wow players week, you went to a buddies, you logged into vent and you ran Kara over the course of 6 hours. Now all that is gone and in exchange you join a que with a bunch of randoms, you follow a mass group around and button mash till it's over. No loot rolls , no building relationships with wow friends , none of that. This was in my opinion the biggest loss the game has suffered , because it transferred into other parts of the game as well.

With professions being streamlined and garrison followers having the ability to, for example , do all your engineering, tailoring and enchanting for you , you don't need anyone else to have professions at max lvl in order to get what you need, shit you yourself don't even need them. This also contributed to the dieing our of trade chat and player to player connectivity.
>>
Whats the point in this game? This shit never ends.
>>
>>675620024
could have said it better myself bro
>>
>>675620024
/thread
>>
>>675618599
Welcome to 4chan new friend!
>>
>>675618481
Wow Is never dead. It's the content people demand. SWTOR gets less and is still alive because goddamn lightsabers. I am still working on mythic arch so the game is not over for me, nigger. Is that OK with you?
>>
The game is certainly in it's last few years of popularity. There are just too many competitors at this point.

They got me with the last expansion but honestly the game still felt the exact same as it did several years ago.

I doubt Blizzard will retire it before they have another hit MMO though. It's still a money machine for them.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo7.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo7.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
>>675620024
what the fuck are you talking about pleblord
you expect world of Warcraft creators to stick to vanilla and not come out with something new? it's been fucking YEARS since vanilla came out, why in the dick would they not expand , create new things , more options and features for players.. it's called "business" "marketing" , there's a reason it's the most played game on this planet you fuckface

also tl;dr , I stopped reading after 3rd line

heres a picture of my cock , you can suck it if you like
>>
>>675620024
Yeah, Basically this.
>>
>>675620024
This. The feels though. I miss those times.
>>
>>675620024

Honestly my fav time in WOW was running to SFK as alliance and a few other instances. I agree the LFG system ruined the social aspect but at the same time without it there was a high chance of failing. I guess the instances were more difficult back then anyways.
>>
>>675620636
They are supposedly, SUPPOSEDLY planning to drop legion right as the movie, they got a movie BTW coming out, comes out and increase subs. I love the game and wont drop till servers die, so is that OK, NI Double guh, ER?
>>
The panda pack killed it for me
>>
>>675620636
>I doubt Blizzard will retire it before they have another hit MMO though. It's still a money machine for them.

you're god damn right they're not gonna retire wow. fucklord. too many obese diabetes ridden teenagers living on benefits like yourself playing, keeping them rich
>>
>>675620736
You obviously haven't played vanilla.
>>
>>675620024

Same anon here, so with trade chat dead, guilds uselse's, connecting with other players all but redundant, raids being any man's game and end game content being as simple as sitting in a question or joining a cross really group, (which also makes tucking EVERYTHING stupid: world bosses , Rare mob kills, world pvp, ALL a wash, over exposed and too easy to be fun ) you do what any classic wow player has done, you turn to pvp.

Except now even pvp has been watered down for sake of the general retard. 25k conquest point cap upon hitting max lvl to allow for " catching up" making seasonal gear grinds non existent and rendering max pvp gear accessible to anyone, thus over exposing it and creating zero advantage to having it killing all motivation to get it in the first place. The gear itself bares absolutely no difference from PvE gear other than a bonus in item stats when in pvp combat, so much so that PvE players have started getting pvp geared in a weekend in order to jump right to the gear requirements for end game raids , making heroics and lower tier raids useless.

Every single class, literally, can heal itself for atleast 60% HP on a 3 min cool down making arenas and duels and battlegrounds retarded keyboard roll sessions because no one dies and everyone just wants to attack each other.

No new BGS have come out for the last 2 expansions and classes are stupidly overpowered , rogues have unlimited sprint at almost mounted speed IN STEALTH , dks can sit and heal all day, etc etc. All to please the fareweather gamer.

So with no where else to turn, PvE mindless, PvP for retards , player to player relationships abolished, rare spawns and world bosses on farm, battle pets and collectable toys, it's almost embarrassing to say you play the fucking game at all if you consider yourself a gamer to any degree other than plants vs zombies type shit

>end rant

TLDR blizzard fucked up wow and I'm buttthurt
>>
>>675620912

I don't play anymore you colossal faggot. They've already made enough money off the last 10 years to support the game for the next 20. Guess a retard like yourself doesn't understand economics though
>>
>>675621012
it's quite clear by his edge he knows nothing about old school MMOs & the community.
>>
>>675620912

Yea that sounds like a Blizzard move. They've created a franchise that extends beyond expansion packs and monthly payments now, so it's almost necessary to keep the game going until it's completely dead.
>>
>>675621162

Apologize for the spelling , typing this with a heart full of rage and eyes full of rose coloured tears on my cell phone
>>
>>675621692

Back in the day a lot of us could drop 40-50 hours a week playing this game. Now we all grown up and can't so Blizzard has been actively making it more accessible to the casual player.
>>
>>675621844
Like shit I remember it took a fucking WEEK to just get to level 30 and get your fucking mount. God damn barrens was an excersize in metal torture just running non stop and spending dozens of hours in that area.
>>
>>675621844
I drop anywhere from 12-20 hours a week on this game, married, happily and still raiding mythic, do I need to sucketh your dick for approval?
>>
>>675621692
I remember getting my first PvP kill outside crossroads during open beta in 2004. THAT was an awesome feeling. The wandering back and forth world PvP that used to happen was such an awesome experience. Nothing was gained or lost, but the idea of gathering other members of your faction to "invade" enemy territory used to be so exciting. All of that died with flying mounts.
>>
>>675621844

Big add paragraphs anon here.

I agree with you to an extend but the problem is that when all these changes started , us classic players held onto hope for the game because of our nostalgia and kept our active accounts, but as the game got dumber and dumber , more and more of us moved onto other games , and as we did so , we created more and more need for child like play and accesiblity to fill the gaps , thus forcing more of us to leave , the creating more gaps to fill , so on and so forth. Either blizzard takes a loss for a year or so and releases and expac that takes the game back to its roots , socially and content wise , or it trades the games longevity for short term high profit future , and I think we all know where blizzard is headed
>>
>>675622022

No I;m in same situation and still play that much games a week. In the old WoW that was casual hours though and you couldn''t get anything done.
>>
>>675622217

I wonder what their end game is for the WoW franchise. Will they segue into another MMO? Or will they show some serious balls and completely redesign the game? Eitherway the company is pretty fucking competent on how they handle their games and players so it should be interesting.
>>
>>675622035

I remember world vs world pvp so big it would crash the servers , attacking hellfire or crossroads or whatever city and just having fun , with flight mounts and cross server play that's all gone now , you can just switch to a other server to avoid being farmed by a high lvl player as soon as you spawn as a low lvl , and vice versa
>>
As a vanilla player ill toss in my two cents however this is just my opinion.

WoW will never die you have to remember that the game has been around for over 10 years and always had a large player base, Is the game losing subs? Yes however it is still more than any other MMO out there. While the game will indeed keep losing subs it will always be more popular than other MMOs due to the lore and other games to keep it going.

However the game started to "die" after BC ( Yes Wrath did have the most subs- But that is because it finally got released in china after them being stuck on BC for 4 + years ) the reason it started to "die" was due to the lack of community which is why the game was so successful in Vanilla and BC.

Currently there is no community, Whats that you abuse someone in a 5 man instance because they fuck up and are wiping over and over again? No worries, leave group and you will never deal with them ever again ; Whats that you stole a bunch of gear and gave yourself a bad name? No worries people will forget in 10 mins or if worse case scenario move server. People dont help others outside of their guild and even then people hardly help out those in the guild and if you dont like the guild no worries just leave join another.

With that said do i think legion will "save" wow? No because there yet again will be no community the game is going the way of "in and out" 1 hour game as they are catering to the people who have no time for games as "games" are no longer for "nerds" and considered taboo.
>>
>>675622421
They don't really feel as competent any more. Honestly, after the wings of liberty launch, their games since then have felt...dead. No life to them at all. I used to be interested in the stories for their games, but I skip right past it now. I feel like they're going through the motions. Activision merger was the worst thing to happen to that company.
>>
>>675622421

My hope is they create a new generation of classic mmo players with those fun early game memories that we have by releasing a brand new mmorpg that has that same challenging-but-worth-it feel as early wow, for gamers, not retards . Keep wow for the casual and get back to what counts for those who want it , make a new generation of loyal customers by doing right by game play , not money grubbijg antics
>>
File: 1413603606943.png (152KB, 408x818px) Image search: [Google]
1413603606943.png
152KB, 408x818px
>>675620024
this
>>
>>675622623

Yea I see that too, Starcraft 2 story doesn't feel the same as the original. Not sure any other games of theirs that actually have flushed out story to them.

I think they are due for a really good single player game. I hope atleast.
>>
>>675622665
I think you'll have to go look at some other MMO for that. Blizzard seems to keep things streamlined now in all their games.
>>
>>675622847

And I mean let's compare Diablo 3 and it's sucess to its prequels, there's a reason their games are dieing and the only ones still popular are very Facebook app developer esque , look at hearthstone ffs
>>
>>675620381
Do you mean couldn't?
>>
No monay, cant play :(
>>
>>675622225
I mean, we still have alts. I enjoy the game. Finished on one toon, work on another that is equally enjoyable. Right?
>>
>>675618481
Blizzard was once a great company. Now they are corporate overlords. Anyone who has not realized this by now is either stupid or just really bad at video games, but the two are usually connected.
>>
>>675621192
It's also quite clear he's a little fag.
>>
>>675623030

Their games are still VERY popular, far from dying dude. You hear a lot of online hate but that's just the vocal minority. Who else has a 10 year old franchise still going strong? Not many. Then add on a half dozen other popular games. Blizzard are like top 3 game developer right now.
>>
>>675623030
To be fair, they did a good job with reaper of souls. That is the only exception since Wings of Liberty though. Rumor is they are making an entirely new diablo game right now, however.
>>
File: 1444476406870.jpg (25KB, 573x581px) Image search: [Google]
1444476406870.jpg
25KB, 573x581px
>>675623166
Hey, i suck cock man don't lump him in with us okay?
>>
LFG was the hard hitter that "killed" the game without a doubt.

LFG lead on to so many other changes that also ruined the game.

However, WoD got up to almost 11 mil subs and it turns out it was just shit so the subs went down. If legion is good then they will retain some.
>>
Old wow was shit, who the fuck has time for 5 hour raids and running around for days trying to level up.
>>
>>675618481
Wow actually ruined my life. No joke. I stopped beong social and now have 5 max level toons in full season pvp gear. I started wow after i played the korean mmo Aion. That shit was so fucking good back in 2010-2012
>>
File: 1457119674850.jpg (173KB, 1328x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1457119674850.jpg
173KB, 1328x1600px
I played from vanilla to cataclysm and then stopped because that was a terrible expansion.
Then i came back for warlords, the game is fucked, there is so much wrong with it i dont feel like writing it all out. I dont think legion can save it but it would be cool if it did.
>Tfw you want an orc to dominate you
>>
File: tumblr_mmaz8hKTZi1sq5846o1_500.jpg (107KB, 485x697px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmaz8hKTZi1sq5846o1_500.jpg
107KB, 485x697px
Aion>wow. Both are addictive tho
>>
>>675623246

Reaper of Souls was awesome for what it did. They changed so much of the classic diablo loot and game play mechanics. Fucking Diablo 2 is so highly regarded but jesus christ finding that stupid fucking poison guard unique chest and other shit like that, the game was a pile of garbage.
>>
>>675623513
I would put money on diablo 2 having a community long after diablo 3 has died. Diablo 3 was flawed from the beginning. RoS at least returned some of the fun, but it still suffers from the same problem I mentioned before. It feels lifeless.
>>
>>675623411

Game is completely different mechanic wise. Still the same old theme park ride though. Just way way way less effort required for group stuff.
>>
>>675623756

I wouldn't doubt that. Diablo 2 is a cult hit. and holy shit some of the mods make the game pretty fucking fun and completely different to play through
>>
Private servers are still bursting with life though (most have populations over Blizzard's realms).
And some even approach blizzlike quality.
>>
>>675623756
>>675623756

I agree, back in BC in WOW or even Vanilla, I used to never be upset about the fact that BRD took fucking hours as a 5 man lvl 50 instance, required fucking stupid amount of keys and items and atunements and bullshit, and was just plain hard, because the story and lore was FUN, the idea behind the dungion was so playable and immersable in the lore sense that I didn't mind spending hours running it KNOWING I was going to replace the gear in 10 levels anyways.

the Lengandary quests for the hunter bow or warrior / pally swords and the lore behind them and shit, it was so worth it to do them.

I almost couldnt even get thru D3 the first time because the story felt so flat...
>>
>>675620024
I don't know if you play the game. Garrison followers can't do your professions for you. I think only enchanting hut can provide low level enchants, and the only other profession material that isn't BOP is alchemy.
And you can still do all that stuff you listed if you want. You can join a guild to raid, there's plenty across all progression levels.
>>
File: 1392266257978.gif (2MB, 211x200px) Image search: [Google]
1392266257978.gif
2MB, 211x200px
Everyone crying atm is obviously super fucking casual pleblords. Yes WoW is in decline cos people are getting bored of it but guilds arnt dead and neither is the social element. If you complaining the raidfinder LFG has 'killed raiding' then you should stick to your hunter because you are obviously too shit to find a real guild to raid properly with.

Agree game gets shit if you arnt raiding mythic but then again you should probably kill yourself if you arnt as it only requires a team of brains and patience.

social aspect is fine ive made plently of mates ive known for years because of my raiding guilds. Its not Blizzards fault you crying cos you a social retard who cant make friends whilst erping in goldshire
>>
>>675624010

what are some good ones ? to the all run up to current expantion content or are they still mostly for like, classic play, like BC and Vanilla content
>>
>>675624010

So when WoW closes its doors it will turn into Diablo 2 where private servers keep the game alive. That's pretty neat
>>
So yea this is the most civil thread I've ever posted in on /b/ in forever. Congrats you bunch of faggots for the excelent conversating
>>
>>675621162
I quit wow after wotlk. You sound like you truly understand the game for what it is and what it once was. It's sad when you put so much time in to a game, in the thick of it through the games start, peak and boom and then see it crash and burn. It happens with every game eventually. You just have to remember the good times and move on friend.
>>
>>675624078

FUCK BRD, jesus christ I STILL haven't beaten that entire place. The new style instances are garbage anyways it doesn''t feel the same as beating the old school long ass BRD.
>>
Where can I find a good private server?
>>
>>675624078
>5 man level 50 instance
Yeah you never played vanilla.
>>
>>675622564
yet, this is exactly what people asked for in the forums.
>>
>>675624149

the old way of finding groups and then running to the instance allowed a lot of random people to bond over. Now you can grind instances and not even say a fucking word all day long. The social dynamic changed quite a bit there.
>>
>>675624512

lol, im not talking raids, im talking dungeons fag
>>
>>675624661
I think alot of old players 'got a life', the non autists
>>
>>675624661
I totally agree with that element, I used to love back in WotLK spamming cancer in trade with no chat limit but if im honest im glad they made a refined LFG system cos the amount of time youd waste was ridiculous.
>>
>>675624754

Yea I'm one of those but still an autist cause I come on this retarded ass waste of time site
>>
>>675624188
I've been active for a while on two private servers but sadly not the expansions you mentioned (I played Cataclysm and Wrath of the Lich King).
I know of a project under development called CoreCraft which is supposed to bring a TBC server of high quality.
If interested:
>Wotlk: Dalaran WoW
>Cataclysm: Altantiss
>>
>>675624988

cool man thanks, im sad theres none in the area of BC or Vanilla but maybe ill do some hunting!!
>>
>>675624188
Also, the thing with Vanilla and TBC private servers is that they don't have a high population and so, close their doors quite early or pick another expansion.
>>
>>675618481
/b/ros come here
www.warmane.com
>>
>>675624888

90% of my fun in WoW was doing shit other than actually playing the game. I once spent HOURS trying to climb the mountain above ironforge. I also knew of several areas you could jump the mountains between zones. Now with flying mounts it's not as cool.
>>
I can't beat silver proving grounds... snif
>>
Half of wow's subbs are chinese gold farmers
>>
>>675625187
proving grounds scales off your ilvl. If you have decent gear it becomes almost impossible to do.

I did my endless healer with just blues on cos it makes it so much easier
>>
>>675625245

Isn't gold farming dead now because you can't trade gold between accounts or am I retarded?
>>
File: 1428088613883.png (175KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1428088613883.png
175KB, 624x352px
>>675620024
>This also contributed to the dieing our of trade chat and player to player connectivity.
I agree with everything, but I'd like to point out Azuremyst Trade Chat was always alive and full of fun topics.
I stopped playing about 3 months ago so it may have died, and it wasn't as a love as it had been a year ago, but trade chat was anything but dead.
If the community itself wasn't a bunch of cancer babies I'd still be playing, but it's too hard to do heroic and mythic raids when everyone quits if they dropped below 50% hp for a microsecond.
>>
>>675625342
you retarded
>>
>>675625337
Nice tip man ! Thanks !
>>
>>675624728
1. BRD was originally a raid
2. it was still a raid for a long time however many people would only take 5 people.
3.Vanilla was a lot different compared to a private server, people wouldn't take low level 50s into BRD
4.Most people if you were alliance would only take level 60s for prison runs, i am sure you can google that to pretend you know what it was.

go back to your private server fag and stop pretending you played on retail vanilla to be "cool"
>>
>>675625439
np buddy I was going OOM at like wave 20 before I realised it and had a quick google to confirm
>>
>>675625436
Or was it selling characters between accounts?
>>
>>675624431
Check the /vg/
>>
>>675624010
Some where around 3.1 i discovered private servers.. been playing them ever since.

Gained interest in learning how to setup my own and eventually into scripting/programming.

Now I've been with MaNGOS for a good 3-4 years or so now and develop with them regarding Warden.
>>
>>675625140
Aren't you going to say more?

I've played my fair share of private serveres along side of retail.

Nothing ever beats the experience of one server that had one server based around Alterac Valley, fully customised. You slowly had gear progression, got gold by killing players, also lost some if you died. There were events where you had to group up and work together to beat the opposite site, every hours of the day. And small objectives as well.
Also had some other battlegrounds customised, but they weren't the main thing to do, only fun part-time things to get more variety.
>>
Private vanilla WoW servers are the only way to go. There's a couple with around 1000+ people playing at a time that I know.

I also really liked BC. There's a sweet server with a couple of mods that I used to play. 1.5x exp and some new items and skills as well as some insane boss spawns.
>>
>>675625617

That sounds pretty fun. One day I'll check out private servers.
>>
File: corgi1.png (177KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
corgi1.png
177KB, 350x466px
>>675624010
>(most have populations over Blizzard's realms)
i'm assuming you are reffering to Nostalrius Begins. the statement everyone brings up there is
>nost has more players than live
What they acually mean is Nostralius today have more active users than one Realm did back in the day in 2005-2007

Say if a third of the active suscribers to live WoW are from one region(Asia, EU or US. then 2-3 million accounts are across a couple of dussin realms which isnt just a server per realm since they Cross Realm between eachother.
>>
>>675625564
you can buy and sell wow time tokens with gold and real money now, its like blizzards way of cutting down on RWL by doing it themselves
>>
>>675625587
Warden being the anti-cheat? If so, that's damn neat.
>>
>>675625653

what's the Private vanilla server, and how close to retail vanilla in regards to gameplay and stuff is it?
>>
>>675625701
If it still existed I would have told you the name.

There are few private servers I would have like to still have existed, because they just felt right for me.

Most of the other servers were just complete bullshit.
>>
>>675625081
https://en.nostalrius.org/
>>
>>675621162
2 new BGs in MoP, but yeah I agree.
I think the fact is that there are alot of players that "want" to play wow but just feel pushed out by the lack of enjoyable end game
>>
File: 1455120631107.jpg (6KB, 245x318px) Image search: [Google]
1455120631107.jpg
6KB, 245x318px
>>675625653
That TBC server sound like ass
>>
>>675625587
do you use pre-lawsuit warden?

how the fuck r kickbots even detectable unless they're programmed suspicious? what's the point of playing a caster.
>>
>>675625861
only has a classic server and just started a open source tbc project, expect it to be done in a year or a couple
>>
Its like this at the end of every expansion...
>>
>>675625617
>>675625819
Found something from the days... http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emulator-server-listings/323052-chaoscrusade-instant-80-alterac-valley-realm.html
Wish it still existed
>>
>>675625170

Holy shit dude, I used to do the same thing! I don't know why but finding "short cuts" (even though climbing might take over an hour of trial and error) felt like an achievement. Getting to places where no one had gone before.

I used my Mage with slow fall to get to a lot of places.
>>
>>675625771
I have a video of it but it wont let me fucking post it.. keeps thinking it is fucking spam.

But if you look up Warden Memory Check on youtube you will see it.

Also have this to pastebin / xzW6Z4b1
>>
>>675626125

Heh yea those were fun times. Last time I played I went to every zone I could and did the quests including contested zones that were considered horde controlled. Wow had a lot of random shit to be done outside of the grind. Even trying to sneak into an enemy town to go hide somewhere and spam /yell was fun.
>>
>>675626019
Warden can ONLY scan client memory, injected DLLs, Drivers and client files (MPQ, Lua functions ect)
>>
>>675625861

no download client availible :(
>>
>>675618481
The fact that blizz did what they did to the game totally ruined it.

But I also believe that what made wow special is that it was new and exciting and we always had alot to do in it , now after 11 years it gets boring
>>
>>675624149
>kill yourself if you aren't raiding mythic
Lmao, who the fuck does PVE on WoW, really? PVE is for players who aren't familiar with other classes & don't know how to play the game. That's the bottom line.
>>
>I don't actually play the game to know what's going on, but I have opinions about what's going on in the game

It's not dead. You're most likely just a baddie. git gud
>>
File: khadgar wants.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
khadgar wants.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
>>675618481

WoW is pretty dead. I just wandered off after a while. You want to know the biggest problem? They turned WoD into Farmville with the garrisons. You want to hear an even bigger problem with Legion? They have turned it into Farmville with class halls. Might as well just play Farmville for free, just sayin'
>>
It's actually really legit. The 1.5x exp is a nice boost, but nothing that detracts from the game play. The added skills were really well thought out and extremely balanced. The bosses were random spawns and often events control by online admins. The new items in the game were quite hard to get, so not many people had them.

The event bosses would take around 50-100 players to kill it.

Also, the level cap was 85 but barely anyone got to 85 as the exp was so hard to come by.
>>
File: bANXM2u.jpg (4KB, 99x100px) Image search: [Google]
bANXM2u.jpg
4KB, 99x100px
>>675626588
>Getting started
>Download Win Client
>Download OXS Client
>>
I want WoW lego, fucking mega bloks.
>>
>>675626977

>click download Win
>arrive ate Mega.com
> "file no longer availiable"
>>
File: EjJopdb.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdb.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>675626757
Yes
>>
it's a different game but it's still worth the subscription.
>>
File: 1456794690985.jpg (754KB, 1592x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1456794690985.jpg
754KB, 1592x1172px
rip WoW
>>
>>675627116
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1.12.1+Classic+wow+client
click first option
>>
Legion will not save anything. Rather than try to fix what is wrong with this game they will just try to add more gimmicks and pander to casuals. WoW is not a game for casuals, it is not a game you can play 3 hours a week and get the full immersion experience.

There was a point in time when you could play 14 hours a day, everyday and still have goals to reach. Now day you can max lvl an alt in 14 hours or just buy one. You log in, do your weekly raids and then spam the same BG/arena over and over and over and over and over. By spoon feeding people who weren't willing to dedicate the time and effort to actually achieve something the game has lost all longevity and replay-ability.
>>
>>675627116
pirateproxy.tv / 5076223
>>
>>675620024
>mindless time wasting , they want a game.
now there's an oxymoron right there
>>
>>675626815
Except PvP and new PvE content came with it. So to say it's "farmville" essentially is declaring that farming is what you personally spent most of YOUR time focusing on. Blizzard didn't add everything they did just so you could get hung up on that. That's your choice hombre
>>
>>675627491
Your opinion would mean more if you were more important to the game. You aren't a developer, you're just a salty player with nostalgia goggles strapped hard as fuck to your face.

If you don't like it then don't play. But people who do play can actually have fun if they want. There is more than EVER within the game to do so. If you don't like it then gtfo :-)
>>
>>675626517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8UdwAefxzM

Fucking gay ass anti spam bullshit

Hopefully it will post now..

>>675626019
Also to answer your second question, bots are extremely difficult to detect since they are not actually changing any of the memory in the offsets
>>
>>675627491
these "experiences" can be found elsewhere if you wish not to do it in "world of casualcraft" anymore. Theres Rift, Warhammer, Star wars w/e it was called, Wild Star. All of these can be played for "14 hours a day, everyday and still have goals to reach"
>>
>>675627179
Yes. Call it bait & sit in your little bubble pretending PVE & mythic is difficult, whilst you haven't even reached 2K rating in arena. You're a joke, fuck boy.
>>
File: 1458508426902.jpg (21KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
1458508426902.jpg
21KB, 352x352px
The reason Blizz made it more Casual is because now adays nobody wants to grind anymore.
Nobody wants to grind a game that in the end gets you the same results every time.
They are targeting the new "younger gamers" by making it more casual, making them feel better, sadly it didnt work out for them, all the upcoming gamers are growing up playing COD, Battlefield and CSGO.

Its sad cus im actually a casual WoW player myself, maybe log on every 3 days, do a couple LFR's (because im in a moneygrabbing guild) and log out again, maybe ill do some money making by doing some cata raids, but thats about it.
>>
File: 1349387210268s.jpg (10KB, 204x250px) Image search: [Google]
1349387210268s.jpg
10KB, 204x250px
>>675620381

Kek'd
>>
>>675627951
pvp player here

Fuck yeah
>>
File: 643928712321331.jpg (24KB, 368x428px) Image search: [Google]
643928712321331.jpg
24KB, 368x428px
>>675618481

I haven't played WoW since Wrath.

I always feel weirdly nostalgic in these threads (mostly towards Vanilla and BC) even though I haven't played the game in like 6-7 years.

No idea why I get feels for the status of a game I no longer play.
>>
>>675628046
I kek'd at you kekking
>>
>>675627806
i'm just qqing but i reckon you'd agree that when kickbots and similar bots that aren't detectable or reportable are unbeatable, right?

playing a caster is not fun.
>>
>>675627951
never done pvp extensivly, it seemed pointless to me.
>>
>>675628265

Because the game is still a part of your life, all your time is sitting there as toons waiting for you to hit the resubscribe button. No one ever really leaves WoW, it's like Facebook.
>>
>>675628265
Because it is something you enjoyed and brought you great memories. Much like someone close to you dying or getting deathly sick you had fond memories together and you hate seeing it break down and fall apart.
>>
File: kek.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>675628295
>>
>>675627951
to add to
>>675628325
i never said pve was hard. PvE is easy as shit. You can overgear all PvE content since the beginning
>>
>wow isn't an mmo anymore.
>it's a multiplayer RPG
>garrison is menu screen
>flying to tanaan is the loading screen
>entering HFC is when the game starts

there's no point in doing anything else, epeen is dead no one cares if ur glad.
>>
>>675628315
Fucking captcha is kicking my ass holy SHIT

look up Server-side Bot Detection in Massive Multiplayer Online Games

It will explain in depth since i cant obviously fucking post it on here.

Also the official servers do utilize a packet that checks the movement latency, since it is a lot more sharp/crisp with a much higher latency when controlled via bots
>>
>>675625518
brd was never a raid, what are you on about?
>>
>>675628325
>it seemed pointless
no, you tried it for a couple of hours & failed miserably. I daresay WoW PVP is one of the hardest competitive games on earth. You can say "oh but you can just play turbo and win, win, win" but considering everybody else is playing LSD, RMD & Turbo too, you'll often be against mirror comps. ONE fuck up, one global cooldown cast goes wrong & you lose. Some global cooldowns are faster than others, such as totems & DoTs, haste comes into play too. It comes down to the fucking wire, if you're 0.5 seconds out from hitting your fucking defensive; you lose. On top of that, there's so many classes & specs that comitting what they can all do AND the cooldowns of said abilities to memory is extremely difficult. After all, no real PVPer uses addons beyond Gladius.
>>
>>675627780
Your argument is as valid as if you were watching a TV show and someone walked in and changed the channel then said "if you don't like it you don't have to watch." It's not nostalgia goggles either, I played through a good portion of WoD unlike most of these people who quit in wrath. I beat a large portion of the quests, played around with garrisons, tried raiding and arenas. The fact of the matter is they are losing massive amounts of subscribers. I wouldn't expect a 14 year old such as yourself to understands. As long as you get what you want it doesn't matter who loses right?

>>675627894
And I do play other games now to get that same experience. However we aren't talking about Rift, we are talking about why WoW is dying.
>>
>>675628968
bot makers can work around that easily.

people are actually trying to imply juking kicks is skill. i wish casts would fuck off or the trillion different ways to interrupt casts would.
>>
It's funny I spent a lot of time on WoW and couldn't get into any other MMO afterwards. Tried guild wars, rift, Aion, few others, nothing was interesting. I've written MMO off, it really feels like everything after WoW was just a rehash of that same gameplay.
>>
>>675629208
sorry could you clarify this post? Are you implying juking casts is not a skill? or to be more accurate doesn't require player skill?
>>
>>675629208
I know the feel, but unfortunately out side of any automated processes, manual intervention has to take place in order to take care of the bots. Which doesn't work anyway.
>>
>>675629119

A lot of competitive games play out exactly like that, you are a hair away from winning or failure. That's just how high level competition is like in any game.
>>
i have legion alpha and trust me it won't "save" wow

its a pretty bad expansion - it's just blizzard doubling down on more of the streamlining that made the game boring AF to begin with

i've started playing this mobile game "dragonsoul" lately and it honestly has almost the same amount of depth as world of warcraft does now its pitiful
>>
>>675621997
30?
Fucking post BC casual
>>
File: corgi2.gif (401KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
corgi2.gif
401KB, 260x146px
>>675629119
overexaggeration to the max
>>
>>675630035
>overexaggeration
and what's your rating, 1.5k? Thanks anyway but you don't deserve a voice at that level.
>>
WoW is dead.

>Still has more players than other MMORPGs w/ sub model.

>Still releasing content.

Blizzard still rolling in money.

>Dozens of youtube channels, twitch channels, blogs, and websites dedicated 100% to WoW.

So dead, etc.
>>
>>675622777
Wow no one checked your trips
>>
>>675618481
poorfag here
anyone mind giving me some gold?
Lostbear-Malfurion (Lv.100 Hunter MM)
>>
>>675629968

Non-casuals shit their pants instead of going to the bathroom during a boss fight, non-casuals have literally let their spawn children starve to death, non-casuals consider playing 76 hours straigth and dying in their chairs an achievement
>>
File: 1454012263642.gif (130KB, 350x317px) Image search: [Google]
1454012263642.gif
130KB, 350x317px
>>675629194
>we are talking about why WoW is dying.

We all know why, we have equipped

[Rosetinted Glasses]
Bind on Equip
Head
1 Armor
-50 DKP
"I played wow when it was hard", "This game sucks now"
>>
>>675630410
just solo 25m heroic cata raids.
>>
For anyone playing WoW thats bored, I'd recommend playing lvl 70 twinks, they're a hell of a lot of fun.
>>
>>675630660
twinks?
>>
>>675618481
>>>/vg/
>>>/v/
>>
>>675630616

50% burned out on the game, 50% would rather play vanilla until they die of diabetes
>>
>>675630296
As i said, I've never played pvp extensivly. Just played to get the best gear, PvP never had the best gear.
>>
>>675630732
Yea OP how dare you not post a feels thread or a trap thread, fuck off faggot
>>
>>675620908
same, fucking pandas what a fucking joke wow became on that day
>>
>>675621162
>waaahhhh endgame is too easy and guilds are worthless waaaaahhh.

Do mythic then you mong, you cant x-realm that unless its old content so you need a guild and its actually fucking hard.
>>
>>675630727
Twinks are what characters that level lock before max level are called. Basically you get to whatever level you want to play at, lock your xp, and get all the best gear you can get at that level. Then do pvp or pve or both depending on what you wanna do :^)
>>
>>675629428
The skill cap for juking isnt very high, and the benefit from juking decreases the longer you waste time fake casting.

It wouldnt be so bad if most specs didnt have 3 or more ways to interupt a cast, or if interupt bots couldnt exist.

My point is getting kicked in anyway is more or less luck based but youre punished extremely hard for missing a kick or getting kicked.
>>
>>675621162
i could of said it better myself
>>
>>675630815

I get the sentiment but jesus the game was cartoony as fuck beforehand, it's a wonder why adding pandas turned people off.
>>
>>675630930
I don't understand why interrupt bots are difficult for you?
Say you're a shadow priest & you know the wind sheering shaman you're against is kick-botting, cast Flash Heal, get holy locked... then have free reign over your shadow spells, or vice versa.
Frost Mage? Cast Frostfire bolt, get fire locked, have free reign over frost, or get frost kicked & spam Poly
Ele Sham? Get Lightning bolt kicked, use Lava burst
Warlock? Get Fire kicked spam Chaos Bolt?

I don't understand, kicking needs to be at a crucial moment, those who run with kick bots are only low-rated plebs who are vastly easier to beat than someone who doesn't use a bot & kicks when you absolutely MUST get that cast out.
>>
>>675630904
>Mythic is really hard u guise!
:^)
>>
File: 9JX4IsJ.gif (105KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
9JX4IsJ.gif
105KB, 400x225px
>>675631246
Warcraft have always been kinda cartoony. The ones who are complaining about it are the new players that insists that anything you relate with have to be on the level of Hatred(The Game) or satanism
>>
>>675629033
Lol yes it was, Having more than 5 people = a raid.
Brd 10 man
Strat 10 man
UBRS 15 man
Clearly you never played at the start and only ever played on Naxx private servers.
>>
>>675631496
It's currently the hardest PvE content.
>>
>>675631659
>PVE
>hard
pick one please
>>
File: 1457832881627.jpg (16KB, 422x362px) Image search: [Google]
1457832881627.jpg
16KB, 422x362px
>>675621012
Vanilla was so fucking awesome
>>
Just play vanilla on Kronos. It's free!
>>
>>675631759
Read.
I never said it was acually hard.
>>
I was playing star citizen up until they wanted me to patch 35gb overnight...

Most immersive mmo, its in early alpha still but the foundation of the physics sim is basically done.

No content yet so everyone just hangs out outside the space station at the landing bays trying not to crash into eachother.

Only downside is bugs and the nightmare journey of trying to buy the rights to play the game. They make it confusing, letting u purchase a ship before you even own game. So many forum complaints about people buying a $50 ship and thinking it was the game, only to find out they shouldve bought that exact ship with a GAME PACK included, also priced at $50...

And u can accidentally sell ur game pack while scrapping parts from ur ships....

Probably wow killer tho
>>
>>675631803
No it wasn't, it was/is teedious and repetetive, just as it is today on live servers
>>
>>675620024
So true. The social aspect of the game is lost. Guilds aren't the same. Trade chat is just obnoxious. No need to have a friends list, you add someone and more often than not never talk to them again.

I quit and found real hobbies because sitting alone in my room all day isn't fun.
>>
>>675632004
Yes it was awesome
>>
>>675632004
>Hurrrr durrrr vanilla was da bestesteststst i play da private server so i know it is da bestests you know nutin cuz you us nooob go back to cod you wrath babby
Its all you are going to get out of these rose tinted shitters
>>
>>675631998

The game is FAR from being finished. It'll probably come out when WoW closes its servers.
>>
>>675630904
>>675631929
>its actually fucking hard.
>I never said it was actually hard
Mythic is really easy sadly. Even people who don't know their rotation or basic positioning can handle it.
>>
>>675631645
It was changed after 5 months after the game originally released. 5 months. You can almost say they were never raids
>>
>>675620238
>Whats the point in this game?
This.
It is just a waste of time. Nothing more.
>>
>>675627424
Nostalrius.org
>>
>>675631998
>Probably wow killer tho

Oh man is so is! Just like Aion..oh wait, Maybe tera!....wait you mean that didnt kill wow either oh hm....OH i know! Rift! man that was a wow killer also as it was modelled after vanilla...Oh whats that it died shortly after release.....Oh ok my bad bro! oh i know Swtor that will! oh wait that didnt either.....

I could keep going if you want?
>>
>>675631998

Dude that sounds like a fucking terrible game. How can you sell your game at all or even buy a $50 ship and not be worried you are buying into a flat out scam?
>>
>>675626815
I see you like to repeat what idiots say on the internet and like to bitch in forums and threads about shit you dont know about.
>>
>>675632436
Every game is just a waste of time, that's what they're meant to do.
>>
>all these retards that still play WoW are defending it
>record low players year after year
>still trying to convince past players to come back and that it isn't "that bad"
It is time to face the music. This game is dying. They are able to rebound their numbers only for a couple months after each expansion because some past player play it for the lore. But that is it. Soon, blizzard will realize that they need to start realizing expacs every year instead of every two and then the game will officially die. Right now, it is one white hit away from death and bubble is about to go down.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_111515_220221.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_111515_220221.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
>>675632129
Bwl is the "hardest" content released on Nostalrius.
No its not hard. any boss has maybe two abilites / mechanics.
>>
>>675631375
Bait kick with conflag
Get kicked
Casting 2s chaos
Knockback at 1.9s
Casting chaos again
Aoe feared at 1.9s
Casting chaos bolt
Spell reflect at 1.9s

And i play aff. Where getting kicked is something u mayaswell get over with.
>>
>>675632814
Nigga, I don't give a fat fuck in a basement about difficulty. I had a blast playing vanilla and never really picked it back up after. Calm down you dirty wizard
>>
>>675632814
>No its not hard. any boss has maybe two abilites / mechanics
>any boss has maybe two abilites / mechanics
>two abilites / mechanics
>two

Congratulations you just named almost every boss in vanilla!
>>
>>675632807
Ah yes i see
>>
>>675632807
the game IS dying. the game is the very best is has been mechanicly. still waiting for Overwatch thou
>>
>>675632807

It's still impressive they get the number of players even after so damn long and a million clones coming out. I still feel like they could revive the series since so many of us spent a lot of time playing it at some point.
>>
>>675633076
what i just said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I
>>
>>675630410
bump
>>
>>675632485
Cause the flying is the closest thing ive played to real spaceflight. The ships control like george clooneys jet pack from gravity and experience zero friction, its like real life

Wowclones cant kill wow but a better a simulator mmo might.
>>
>>675633398

I've seen the videos that game looks awesome but just sounds like it's a mess everywhere else.
>>
>>675622564
>gave yourself a bad name? No worries people will forget in 10 mins
Haha, reminds me of the player blacklists on the vanilla forums that every realm had.
>>
>>675632925
I figured from before you posted this that you play Affliction Lock, it's a retarded spec. Highest damage in the game & the only way to beat them is to put EVERYTHING on to them. You're asking to be targetted by playing that class/spec. It's a no brainer that against Affliction Lock, if it goes to dampening, they will win. So you disregard everything you've learned about CC combos, co-ordination & cross-CC & just slam them with every thing you have.
Sorry m8, you've only yourself to blame on this one.
>>
>>675625518
BRD wasnt a raid more of a bastard version of one mixed with a dungeon, you strictly speaking didnt need 10 people but more often than not you'd bring more than 5 because you needed the offtanks/healers/DPS/buffers/CC
>>
>>675620024
Jesus, did I write this in my sleep.

Played Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and quit during Cata.

I was a GM of a decent guild, and it was a great 5 year period, plying with real friends, and new friends from online, but one day while grinding rep for some entry level gear, I just snapped and couldn't do it again.

Also, younger entitled players who literally cried about loot made raid leading torture.
>>
The LFG system is both good and bad.

It removed questing, social interactions, server interactions, and world pvp. But it also had some good. Remember trying to wait for 30 minutes to an hour trying to get a group for Deadmines or some shit? Remember people being too lazy to fucking walk and constantly asking for summons? Remember people leaving if they weren't happy and having to wait another 20 minutes to find a person? Yeah that shit was fucking cancer.
What they should've done was bring back Attunements. Make it so you have to do a questline in order to unlock dungeons, this brings back player interactions, questing, and world pvp (because people are going to be ganking quest givers for keks). You do the questline, you get to the last part, and you unlock the the dungeon, but the dungeon is crossrealm so you get quick as fuck queues and don't have to bother with shit.
Another problem was they touched every single vanilla dungeon and made them super short and easy. Understandable on some dungeons which took fucking eons (Looking at you, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths and Maraudon), but there was no reason for the change except for "lol cata changed everything lets change the dungeons too".
>>
>>675618481
Just play on Warmane, Lordaeron
>>
>>675626858
>BC
>85 level cap
nigga what?
>>
>>675620736
Holy shit, found the faggot with welfare epics.

It's not about content retard, it's about mechanics, teamwork, and hardwork paying off.

Get into LFFAGGOT, get your free purples, and spam L2P when the tank can't manage all the cc you broke trying to run the meters with AOE...
>>
Not dead, won't die anytime soon.
>>
File: 1408466581960.gif (3MB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1408466581960.gif
3MB, 350x280px
>>675633938
Any normal minded person dont give a damn about the gear that acually drop from bosses, they want the community and experience from killing bosses.
>>
>>675625787

Nostralius Begins. It's almost identical. Best server ever.
>>
>>675621162
Wonderful summary of the warcraft evolution, thanks anaon, it's nice to know that there are others who miss the good old days.
>>
>>675634254

In another 10 years we'll have the same thread because they've lost a million players but still have several million playing.
>>
>>675634249
why are you trying to act smart when in reality youre really fucking uneducated as far as video games go. you obviously dont even know what youre talking about.
>>
>>675633739
Getting focused as dest is worse. They can keep slapping your chaos bolts with non-kick interupts until pummel comes back off cd.

Getting interupted is too punishing, frequent and long.
>>
File: image.png (2KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2KB, 240x240px
I started wow when it was still difficult, mid BC. Im still playing wow now, has it changed? Yes. Am I upset? No. Im actually quite a bit happier some high pop servers went to medium cuz then there may not be the same launch hell wod had.
Wow isnt dead though, we're just conditioned to see it that way. Instead of seeing, wow still has more subs than any other mmo, we see: wow has lost 6-8 million subs.

I personally never cared, i still enjoy playing the game and making friends instead of paying money to be a little bitch.

Im not a fan of you privatefags, gloating about how great it is you can stay in the same space forever. Insert basement dweller reference.

Wows original demographic was losers like you that had plenty of play time and kids in school. Except blizzard realized -most- of them will grow up and have less time to spend all night doing molten core.

I knew such a fucking nerd who would stay up all night doing hardcore raids in wotlk. I was a bit envious cuz jphe was literally a nerd in the school aspect.

>i was up until 3am raiding
>the fuck is wrong with you.

Yes im disillusioned with pve, i do some pvp. Atm i play on an rp server. Rp is fun, it fills the gap. I also dont exclusively play WOW like some kinda 1 trick pony.

Tl:dr, blizzard games are growing up, you should too. Faggots
>>
>>675624149

/thread

High level raiding got several magnitudes harder past vanilla, especially considering how simple the bosses were during the time and the "difficulty" was artificial due to just absurd amounts of damage that bosses did to tanks and the autism of maintaining a guild with at the very least 40 raiding members.

Blizzard has made some stupid fucking shit decisions across ALL of their games and are on a decline as a company as a whole, but people remember vanilla a lot more fondly then what it offered.

The only people complaining about the game not being hard enough are casuals who think none heroic raids are taken seriously at all
>>
>>675635013

*mythic, sorry havent really given a shit since the start of WOD
>>
File: image.jpg (476KB, 1562x2206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
476KB, 1562x2206px
WOW HAS NO SUBS WOW IS DYING JUST QUIT NOW.
WHY DO YOU LOSERS PLAY A DYING GAME?
>>
>>675634826
punishing perhaps, but that doesn't apply to healers. Last month Disc Priest had 75% reflective shield damage, focusing them was suicide for melee. Resto Sham heals get higher the lower HP the target has & Holy Pala don't give a fuck about interrupts because of Aura Mastery & rely more on cooldowns than direct healing anyway (when they do heal they have the fastest cast cause of that fucking stacking buff). The ONLY way you can kill these classes is by a miracle kick when they need it the most. How many times have you played DPS, had a healer on 10% health & they zap back to 70% or higher in one shit-head cast that you got juked on?
I honestly think the "punishing" you're talking about only really applies to Destro - but nobody plays it anyway. These days it's Affli or Demo (hello mr none crit 192k demonbolts delivered to my 710 ilvl Frost DK in blood presence).
>>
>>675630343
Yeah it's so popular on twitch now.

>Oh wait it's totally not.
>Averages less viewers than runescape
>Averages less viewers than minecraft
>often drops below world of tanks topkek you fucking faggot

Oh yeah it's super popular on youtube nowadays

>it's really not

Top end PvP and PvE are both brainless. Most decent players fucked off ages ago, Warlords is almost universally declared the worst expansion, so this isn't just a PvP OR PvE issue, the game is lackluster on every level.

Sub numbers have dipped below 4 mil for the first time in nearly a decade, but that's still a lot, granted. That's not what makes the game feel lifeless however.

You're also a colossal faggot.
>>
>>675635501

CATA was worse
>>
>>675635501

High level PvP on WoW = top level of guitar hero
>>
>>675635441
>192k demonbolt in 710 frost dk in blood presence
You fucking deserve it. I fucking hate when some bitchass frost dk is almost dead and then the faglord pops blood presence.
Fuck off selfheals mceasymode
>>
File: 455sfds.png (112KB, 1244x912px) Image search: [Google]
455sfds.png
112KB, 1244x912px
>>675635800
>mceasymode
>plays Affli
You might get trained a lot, but that doesn't mean Affli isn't the most chilled out PVP spec in the game. Sit & do nothing whilst having higher damage than everyone else.
>>
What to play instead of wow? PoE maybe?
>>
Strangely enough, WoW has changed to match the exact type of game I can and like to play over the years. It started out where it required hours and hours of grinding and raiding to get the most out of the game, and you had to be in a dedicated guild and make the social connections to get the most out of WoW.

The game seems to have evolved (or dumbed down, if you listen to some) as I have grown older, and it now matches what my family and career allow me to get out of my game time. I'm a married father with a great job, so I can't do what I did in Vanilla.

That necessarily means that WoW is not the hardcore time sink that a teenager has time for and wants. I guess I just happened upon WoW at just the right time and have stuck with it as it "matures." I happen to still play as time allows. I love many of the features that I hear folks raging about. To each their own...
>>
>>675635441
Cant take a competitive game seriously when luck plays such a huge part in who wins

Its not really
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 610x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 610x454px
>>675636175
I dont play affli, im not even the affli guy. I play kitty druid
>majestic as fuck kitty druid
>>
That level PvP doesn't currently exist. When (literally) the majority of the r1 players have left without an influx of new talent to compensate, bottom feeders who barely scraped glad 3 seasons ago (and probably sniped their little hearts out to get it at that) become "high level".

Some of Legions mechanics look promising, they're finally separating PvP talents from their PvE counterparts which at the very leasts provides an opportunity to balance that aspect through something that isn't as mongoloid as "battle fatigue" or "dampening".

The latter of those was the key point at which WoW had reached the critical mass point of sheer autism for PvP.
>>
>>675636662
kys

I'm glad you've found something that suits you but there's already so much out there for you.
>>
WoTLK was the best.
/thread
>>
Damage meters were one of the worst things to happen to the game. They inflamed the conflict between casuals and those whose self-esteem was tied to their DPS. "You're only doing 11K? I did that at level 8! lolololololololol".

Casual players don't have the patience to be shouted at by nerds who spend all of their time playing WoW instead of working for a living.

Blizzard picked casuals because there are more of them. The dumbed down talent trees, taking away spells and other simplifications are evidence of that decision.

When the planning for MoP was underway, I pictured a board in a Blizzard conference room with the words "easier" and "prettier" in big letters. That's what ended up happening.

I have played for almost 11 years now. There are things I miss about vanilla and things I don't. It's less frustrating not to have to depend on others to cooperate to pull off an instance run. I don't have to fight others for copper nodes. I cam play my 10-20 hours a week with very little frustration and pay for it with gold instead of cash. I have 11 level 100 garrisons generating about 10K gold a day. I have 750K now with no end in sight.
>>
File: image.png (859KB, 642x756px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
859KB, 642x756px
>>675637127
Please provide points
I am also to understand that /thread your own post makes you the fool.
I will commence a chuckle at your foolishness
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.