[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody talk about death or the fucked up situation we're

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 15

File: damn.gif (800KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
damn.gif
800KB, 500x313px
Why does nobody talk about death or the fucked up situation we're all in here together?

Most people (especially in Ireland where I live) just accept Christianity as the truth and that's enough for them to just go about their lives never thinking about it. It really confuses me.

Everything's just so fucked.
>>
File: 1429887085543.jpg (50KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
1429887085543.jpg
50KB, 350x319px
maybe you should gon on about your life and not worry about what other people are doing.
>>
>>612627148
It's too early for you to be such a massive faggot, OP.
>>
In the past people were pretty fucking crazy, so they made up a belief that they would be rewarded after death if they behaved and followed the rules set forth by their set relligion, thus no longer being crazy.

it didn't work. Actually it made it worse, just look at the middle east.

Now people have started to see that it was all just bogus to keep the crazy sheeple in line, but we're still all just a bunch of crazies either way.

Don't worry about it OP, just go fuck around and life your life to the fullest, if you complete the bucket list then it was all worth it, dead or not.
>>
>>612627148
where in ireland? i'm not after that much of a similar experience growing up, but i guess i didn't hang out with too many uber-catholics. my mum was rather ambivalent on the whole thing, so that might be why.
>>
>my dog died today
>not much u can do
>stop complaining and cure death faggot
#yolo
>>
>>612627148
I used to ask people questions to get them to think. Then i realized fuck people. They have been socially conditioned from when they were little to not think about that shit and just live in ignorance. If you try to talk to them about it, they will give you some brainwashed bullshit and if you question it = cognitive dissonance. Seriously fuck them.
>>
>>612628620
That's why I like coming on here from time to time to talk about it so I don't go insane. People are so fucking brainwashed.
>>
>>612627973
the north. I'm really unhappy living here if I'm honest, trying to make the best of my situation.
>>
>>612627148
I live in Kerry and most people I know don't associate with any religion. They'll go through the motions of going to Communions and confirmations and maybe the occassional christmas mass but none of them are devoutly catholic. 20 years I would have said you were right, but in my opinion we live in a very different Ireland now
>>
>>612628620
>>612628849
you have to realize that people aren't brainwashed, but talking about reality all the time is fucking depressing
Just get on with your life and stop trying to red pill people
>>
>>612628849
It's more of a close-minded superiority complex. If your friends with NORPs just watch their lives deteriorate with trivial problems and bullshit over time. Just focus on yourself and you'll be fine.
>>
>>612627148
>Most people (especially in Ireland where I live) just accept Christianity as the truth
Fuck off with this bullshit you fucking retard. No we don't, unless you want to qualify that statement with 'Over 65' because otherwise you are spouting shite.
>>
>>612629302
This - you just look like an autist if you talk about religion on a day to day basis
>>
>>612629819
Yeah I should have added in "older people" because I meant the older generation. My bad. Also chill out you fucking dildo merchant.
>>
>>612629875
This
/thread
This guy i went to school with was autistic, then we went to the same college and i felt bad for him just he was always alone. Talk to him sometimes. Autism fucking intensifies, starts talking about christianity and islam every fucking time. Eventually we graduate and never see him again. Stay away from autists OP unless you are one.
>>
File: pope-dungeons-n-dragons.jpg (55KB, 429x483px) Image search: [Google]
pope-dungeons-n-dragons.jpg
55KB, 429x483px
>>612627148
religion is a disease of the mind

its been the silent epidemic throughout history
>>
>>612629997
You are perpetuating bullshit stereotypes and if I was a dildo merchant I would be at work now not posting here.
>>
>>612627148
because that's depressing
Why not just try and make the most of your life?
Your frame of mind is just as outdated as the people you talk about OP
>>
>>612630403
>>612630706
I regret the way I worded the OP but what I meant was I don't want talking about death to be taboo and I feel religion gets in the way of that.

I don't want to talk about it all of the time I just want it to be a bigger part of the conversaton.
>>
This is the softest, quickest answer I can give you OP. or you can do what I did and spend 2 years working out the answer and chasing the rabbit hole to near insanity, like I did.

TL;DR
Life is an illusion
Death is an illusion
>newtons third law
Don't worry, death is just another stepping stone, it's like another birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCaacO8wus
>>
>>612630905
As you have probably noticed the Irish way of dealing with grief is to just say fuck it anyways, going to the afters at the house for some hot whiskey or port, and moving on with your life.

I like the way Rober Frost put it.
"Little, less, nothing! and that ended it.
No more to build on there. And they, since they
Were not the one dead, turned to their affairs."

Life moves on, there is no point dwelling on it. I don't think death is a taboo topic here in Ireland, I just think most people are scared of it
>>
>>612627148
>man can't actually comprehend infinity or nothing
>it tries to quantify it.
>infinity is really big
>nothing is the opposite of infinite
>clearly
>except you can't actually wrap your head around it
>how could the entirety of the universe have existed for an eternity before we did? Or did it pop out of nothing?
>how does nothing make something?
>If something always existed, then what made it?
>theist asks, if god created all, where did God come from?
>A similar question could be asked even if the assumption was there is no God
>I mean, you've heard of the big bang, and then evolution, sure
>But what happened before that?
>and before that?
>and before that?
>people assume or hope there is an afterlife of some sort, because the biggest fear that permeates through everything, even your fear of death
>is nothing.
>do you really wish that your particular existence just stops?
>can you comprehend that?
>you've spent dozens of years thinking, consciously and subconsciously
>how does that just stop?
>how do you comprehend that?
>>
>>612631930
It blows my mind. Where do you stand?
>>
File: SummerGlau5.png (236KB, 394x445px) Image search: [Google]
SummerGlau5.png
236KB, 394x445px
>>612627148
>>
>>612631930
And there it is, the post that makes this thread interesting.
>>
>>612627148
because your mind can't comprehend the thought of not existing so talking about it, probably isnt a good idea.
>>
>>612631930
"Confronted with things that are finite
logic deals with all that ends
confounded by infinity
man's great ignorance

Concept deleted mortal minds
denied godliness mortal pox
fettered by the riddle of foreverness
thorned wall around paradise

Enlightened to the point of bewilderment
deaf to the song of creation
blind to the light of the afterworld
what has always been shall always be"

Interesting how people think so similarly about these complex concepts.
>>
File: SummerGlau31.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SummerGlau31.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>612633056
>>
>>612632238
I have no fucking clue.

There's two (of possibly many more options because brain hurt) conclusions I can think of.

Let's stick to death because that's the op. I may ramble onto stuff like God, afterlife and creation or not, because they're all kind of prerequisites for what happens after death.

Step one: die.

A) Some sort of afterlife exists because whatever religion happens to be true. Afterlife carries on forever.

Or

B) Nothing. You just cease to exist. Whatever is inside your body that allows you to think and function currently, consciously or subconsciously, just stops. This also goes on forever.

If A, how long does that go for? What's sustaining that existence? For me specifically, what does my new existence need or do to continue existing? Is there a way to make that secondary existence cease? Is there an after afterlife?

If B,... Well, Fuck.
>>
Dumbasses, just dont die
>>
>>612634198
/thread
>>
>>612633951
A huge part of me thinks B is what's going to happen but a small part of me thinks (and hopes) that all of this can't be for nothing.

The thought that life and the universe just popped out of nowhere is more ridiculous to me than a God creating everything. That leads to the question where did God come from?

Our existence is hilariously terrifying.
>>
File: SphereAda.png (21KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
SphereAda.png
21KB, 512x512px
This discussion is pointless.
>>
>>612634799
aren't all discussions pointless in the grand scheme of things?
>>
>>612634369
Obviously, people agreed with your leaning towards (God created stuff) rather than (Nothing created stuff) because religions and all that were made.

Our understanding is that something makes something else.

And there's always a hope of an afterlife because if there is none, then what awaits us is nothing.

People want there to be a happy ending (or a justified ending at least. Good goes heaven. Bad goes Hell. That kind of stuff).

Nothing, just seems... Cruel, to me.
>>
>>612634864
Yes.
>>
File: sphere.jpg (12KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
sphere.jpg
12KB, 300x281px
>>612634864
>>
>>612635168
You do not have a strong notion of what nonexistence means.
>>
>>612634864
Well, if you mess with a camera lens then everything becomes a blurry mess.

You need to focus it. Find a way to pick up specific info that has a point to you and your understanding of existence.

Otherwise, it's a whole meaningless mess that ends in nothing and there is no point talking about anything ever.

Why talk about the possibility or lack of an afterlife if you can't actually affect that outcome?

Why wash your hands if they're just going to get dirty again at some point?
>>
File: VSphere.jpg (21KB, 547x333px) Image search: [Google]
VSphere.jpg
21KB, 547x333px
>>612636066
Absurdity.
>>
>>612627148
It would literally drive you insane to think about the world on that level in the day to day. And why would you anyway? So you can realize the futility of everything, the complete and utter nonsense that is the "point to everything". Because there isn't. You are gonna die and ur dead is dead is dead FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.
Deal with it.
>>
File: SummerGlau39.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
SummerGlau39.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>612636271
>>
>>612635940
It's like, if a storyline just gets cut off, or a series gets cancelled.

There was potential, but now there's just nothing.

That's about as far as I'm thinking on it.
>>
Asking questions about the universe is like asking questions about a painting, its your interpretation anyways. If we are lucky its complete nonsense that doesn't matter. The worst thing I could think of in reality is a logical reason for suffering/bad.

After having almost died im utterly convinced there is nothing after death and life really is just as we see it, organic and on a scale that has us anywhere but the focal point. We are just apes spinning around on a ball, to think we are even an iota of importance in the universe is pretty selfish. All I hope for is that death is peaceful.
>>
>>612636604
You should give it some more thought.
>>
>>612636331
Don't shoot, I'm putting the money in the bag bitch and I wont kill you.
>>
File: 1416601814050.jpg (53KB, 960x632px) Image search: [Google]
1416601814050.jpg
53KB, 960x632px
Just a friendly reminder that if you let a book dictate how you're supposed to live your life you're just an empty shell of a human being

>inb4 fedora
>>
File: SummerGlau47.jpg (45KB, 682x400px) Image search: [Google]
SummerGlau47.jpg
45KB, 682x400px
>>612637368
>>
>>612627148
Think about it OP: as far as we know, the norm in the Universe is death, darkness and coldness of an empty space.

Living is a great anomaly to that state and therefore, dying or suffering or whatever shit you can think of are more or less just returns to the square one.
>>
I've got exams to pass, kill myself later
>>
>>612638395
Your exams don't matter.
>>
>>612627148
Thrills is literally all i want in life, and being constantly reminded that death awaits at the end is just another thrill

>questioning and discussing death
>Not climbing mountains, jumping out planes and moving logs just for kicks
>>
>>612638641
says the NEET who is an "over achiever" but still flunked out of high school
>>
>>612638704
Just don't think about it. I never think about it, even the once in a gay moon times I do, I just eh, so does everyone else. Won't be alone. Fuck it, I'm gonna think about this girl. And this fucking unreal should be illegal in 20 states ass.
>>
>>612638780
Nah, studying Computer Science at University.
>>
File: SummerGlau25.jpg (209KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SummerGlau25.jpg
209KB, 1000x1500px
>>612638780
>>
>>612630388
>>612630388
>religion
>silent

nice dubs tho lad
>>
>never believed in all the religious bullshit
>cant remember anything from before i was born
>means no existence after death
>afraid of dying
>when watching the shitty shows with the mediums and shit the hope of existence after death arises
>1 hour later know it's just shit
>love life but kinda hate most of the hours i'm awake
>but afraid of being nothing, not existing, not having the ability to think about shit
>but i wont be able to think about anything when im dead
>why give a fuck about death when you cant avoid it
>still afraid of death
>>
>>612627148
>Most people (especially in Ireland where I live) just accept Christianity as the truth
And? What does that tell you?
>>
>>612638988
... moar?
>>
File: UNREAL ASS HOLY SHIT DICKS.jpg (567KB, 1280x1761px) Image search: [Google]
UNREAL ASS HOLY SHIT DICKS.jpg
567KB, 1280x1761px
>>612639461
One more, and that's enough for a couple hours. You have to take this one in increments. Or your junk pile will no longer have much junk.
>>
>>612639208
You know what you gotta do right?

Immortalize yourself by making your mark on history, that way you didn't just come and go like the rest, you went out with a bang any everyone is gonna remember it. Thus in one way you live forever through the memory and stories of others
>>
>>612639706
>two bras
Literally disgusting
>>
>>612639461
But if you are like me in thinking "I would give my wife, Fuck her anyway, my kid, my house, my two paid for vehicles, my 21' bayliner, my '08 soft tail, and a bad case of stage 5 terminal cancer for a night with that" if u think like that. we just became best fuckin friends.
At the very least, cross country stalkin this bitch buddies.
>>
>>612639886
Fuck prude little skeezy bitches right?
>>
>>612639815
I agree with you 100% but a lot of people would argue that the people you affect will just die soon as well. Meaning it's just pointless also. The chances of you doing something that affects generations and generations later is very very small.
>>
>>612639986
Where would i go to stalk this bitch, "Cross Country Stalking this bitch buddy"?
>>
File: 1422833944882.jpg (47KB, 960x840px) Image search: [Google]
1422833944882.jpg
47KB, 960x840px
>>612640154
You know what you must do.

this guy didn't do much, but still has the officially highest killstreak and is without doubt gonna be remember throughout history
>>
>>612640195
I think she is in my home state friend, WA. I have been compiling some google maps, and running simulations, pretty sure I have her nailed down to the immediate surrounding area of seattle.
>>
>>612627148
I know, it's almost like they don't give a shit about shit they don't care about.
>>
>>612640616
You must be well known for your witticisms.
>>
>>612640874
That's fuckin TSim right there, have some fuckin respect jack.
>>
>>612640195
Dani Meow. I am in a frienzied rush to collect as much intelligence on our target as possible before the WBI comes homes and I get charged with Domestic Dodging a Nutkick.
>>
>>612641256
Leave this poor girl alone you worthless satchel of shit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>612629056
Casey? Where abouts in North? Strabanimal here.
>>
>>612641538
I think you take things WAYYYYYY too fucking serious dude. Might wanna take a break, have a smoke, get laid if ya can... relax guy.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.