[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, this may be the end. >be me at midnight >can't

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: hp-bios-boot-screen-5169226.jpg (13KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
hp-bios-boot-screen-5169226.jpg
13KB, 450x322px
Alright, this may be the end.
>be me at midnight
>can't sleep, need to fap
>turn on computer
>it launches and stop on the splash screen, like pic related although not exactly the same it's a Samsung.
>oshitnoplease.jpg
>tried turning it off and on again, several time
>tried booting from the samsung recovery cd and two different live cd, can't
>cant access setup (f2) or recovery prompt (f4)
>look on interwebs with other pc to find similar problem solution, see manual reset, do it (removing battery and holding power button down for several minutes)
>still does nothing.
TL;DR : computer wont boot past the splash screen and i can't do anything about it.
wat do ?
>>
You have the system 32 virus you must buy a new computer
>>
Most likely hardware. Ram motherboard hard drive.
>>
>>612353798
I plan on buying a new computer but what can i do to solve the current problem ?
>inb4 delete system32
i can't even
>>
>>612354050
it worked normally an hour before
>>
>>612354155
Yea it's too late /b/ro I heard heating up the battery can fix the electrolytes in it and resets the laptop but that comes at a cost sometimes
>>
>>612355074
what can i do to access the content of my hard drive ? is it even possible (you said too late).
today is a sad day...
>>
Can you not boot into safe mode? Or does that option come after the frozen splash screen?
>>
>>612355329
Boot in Linux/other OS trought CD/USB and see if you can access the file system
>>
Do it in safe mode to finish the fap
>>
>>612355797
yeah it comes after the splash screen is loaded (which isn't my case) i tried every single function key from f1 to f12, does nothing...
>>
>>612353527
can you get to the bios? if not you're fucked
>>
So you say you took out the battery... I'm guessing it's a laptop?
>>
>>612356330
what do you mean ?
>>612356252
>>612356322
i can't boot from any live cd, it doesn't launch it.
do you think a linux live cd might bring different result ?
>>
>>612356902
yes
>>
Also what OS was it? 7 or 8?
>>
>>612356902
the bios battery you scrub
>>
>>612357122
oh wait it is a laptop your fucked then
>>
>>612357122
You might have a loose HDD. Open it up, pull it out, give it a blow and put it back in. Do same with the ram too. Mine did this not to long ago.
>>
>>612357714
if he cant boot from a live cd the HDD being loose isn't his problem the ram maybe but i doubt it
>>
Pull out battery
Connect charger
hold power button for 30 seconds
reinsert battery

This may work, may not
>>
>>612358345
Oh yeah, my bad. Unless boot order isn't set to cd/dvd drive before HDD
>>
>>612357284
why a laptop is especially fucked ?
>>612357714
i will try that this afternoon
>>612358469
will try too, i will try anything that may or may not work so feel free to suggest
>>
>>612358703
if the problem is anything hardware based theres no way to fix it unless its the ram
>>
>>612359005
is there a way to recover the data from my hard drive ?
have to go now but will try everything suggested later
>>
>>612359324
just take the HDD out its still good probably if the problem is anything else besides the HDD
>>
>>612359324
Use a sata to USB cable.
>>
>>612359324
also see if you have a warranty still on the laptop or take it to geek squad i can't see your computer so i don't really know whats wrong just taking a guess
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.