[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /b/, Batman or Superman?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 20

File: Superman vs Batman.jpg (180KB, 960x670px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Batman.jpg
180KB, 960x670px
So /b/, Batman or Superman?
>>
File: 1395373893244.jpg (170KB, 948x676px) Image search: [Google]
1395373893244.jpg
170KB, 948x676px
they end up as a gay couple
>>
>>611552909
That´s just stupid...batman is just a rich man superman is an alien, before batman can do shit superman grab him an throw him into the sun no batman anymore this movie is just stupid..
>>
>>611552909
Both? But if you read the year one or the dark knight returns, you know that bats fucks up superman. So if you're asking in regards to that comic, then bats. Both are awesome
>>
>>611553401
Yeah.... no. Read some comics and learn what's up before you shit post like an idiot.
>>
>>611553322
nice quad dubs
>>
this is like the biggest mismatch in history. should've been batman vs wolverine. unless batman has kryptonite suit there's no competition.
>>
>>611553766
He has Kryptonite on him. Jesus read the fucking comics
>>
>>611553719
i don't care about comics im talking about the "real" side of posibilities...
>>
>>611553876
>Jesus read the fucking comics
i'm not a nerd, and still.. superman could just throw a car at him, then what's his kryptonite gonna do
>>
>>611553876
plis...before batman can think of grabing the kriptonite superman can have him by the ball into space..no more batman..
>>
>>611554032
What do you not understand about this.
If batman has kryptonite, superman wont be able to throw a car at him
>>
>>611553996
Anybody that gives a shit about "Reality" in comic books is full of shit. The whole point is that its about the imagination you stupid fuck, and to that regard yes Batman wins and superman gets his fucking ass kicked.
>>
File: 1249475925771.gif (179KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1249475925771.gif
179KB, 200x200px
BATMAN AND SUPERMAN BOTH SUCK.
FUCK D.C.
IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
>>611552909
Where's a stream of Avengers 2? There's got to be one already.
>>
>>611554383
nice b8 :^)
>>
>>611554032
It is not a fucking hero vs vilain fight.
Read comics ffs
>>
>>611554274
superman can throw a fucking car from a mile away, and how the fuck is there even a movie if the mess presence of kryptonite renders him useless? it's retarded
>>
>>611554032
this man gets it ...superman could easly take a whole train and dump it on batman no batman anymore..so
>>
File: ManofSteel.jpg (207KB, 1500x991px) Image search: [Google]
ManofSteel.jpg
207KB, 1500x991px
>>
File: 3675089-batman.jpg (184KB, 565x540px) Image search: [Google]
3675089-batman.jpg
184KB, 565x540px
>>611552909

Batman will win. He's proven time n time again that super man is a pussy. Which makes pic related the real question
>>
This has been covered already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prRySgsgtnM
>>
>>611552909
If batman has no kryptonite in his belt, Superman.
>>
>>611553424
Dark Knight Returns isn't canon and Superman let him win
>>
>>611554600
yea that´s right..or he can grab any peace of metal and throw it at batman so fast from miles away no batman anymore ...so..the writer is just a batman lover
>>
>>611554951
Goku. Not a pussy. Got a bitch.
>>
>>611555076
You're an idiot if that's what you think
>>
>>611555884
The bait is so real.
>>
>>611555070
Even if Batman did have kryptonite on him. Superman just laser-eyes him full of holes from a mile away.
>>
File: nextlevel.jpg (42KB, 468x350px) Image search: [Google]
nextlevel.jpg
42KB, 468x350px
>>611554877
I SURE COULD GO FOR A HOT CUP OF 7-11 COFFEE RIGHT NOW.
THANKS DUBS.
>>
File: yep.jpg (11KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
11KB, 198x254px
A movie like this can only end up with batman wearing plot armor to win with prep time. The whole movie is just going to be plot armor to give batman the conditions he needs to use his own plot armor to beat superman

Oh did I say beat. I meant survive.

Superman can't beat batman because it would be over too fast.
Batman can't beat superman because well its superman and he pretty much never loses so batman of all people won't be the one to do it

So you're going to get batman getting really close to winning and he either gets the most ridiculous batman hax you've ever seen or something happens where its a draw

It will be a horrible movie
>>
>>611557053
It's obviously going to be a draw then they'll team up for Luthor.
>>
>>611557053
I second this. I'm the only person I know of who liked Man of Steel, but this has set up for failure written all over it.
>>
>>611552909
batman doesn't even have powers
superman could kill him with a flick of his eyelashes
>>
File: bale.jpg (71KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
bale.jpg
71KB, 900x600px
Why would Bateman even want to fight Superman for in the first place?
Aren't they not both good guys?
>>
>>611557671

This.

That movie is fucking stupid.
>>
File: dtGId8F.jpg (237KB, 625x611px) Image search: [Google]
dtGId8F.jpg
237KB, 625x611px
>>611553322
Holy fuck what a get
>>
>>611557716
Ever heard of Injustice ?
>>
Batfag fan logic:
>Nope, that's not how it works
>He still won

Heads so far up their own asses. Superman has more powers to wipe Batman off the planet than Batman has gadgets in his belt.
>>
File: 1423654372114.jpg (36KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1423654372114.jpg
36KB, 600x700px
>>611552909
mighty mouse
>>
Kinda dissapointed, no lead female characters in this movie :/ bleh
>>
File: th.jpg (18KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
18KB, 300x224px
>>611552909

Goku
>>
>>611558383
wonder womans in it
>>
File: 1423981741783.jpg (22KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
1423981741783.jpg
22KB, 308x302px
>>611558227
kek. fond memories of that ol flame war
>>
The thing everyone here doesn't seem to realize is that Batman HAS to win. Comics, movies, TV, doesn't matter. Batman HAS to win. Batman is just a man and Superman is essentially a god. So the comic writers are like 'Well shit, now what? This is gonna be the shortest fight in history!' So they consistently come up with shittier and shittier ways for Batman to win.

If Superman won every encounter they had (and let's all be really honest here, of course he would) then the comic would be boring and no one would buy them.

But if, just if, Batman won against Superman (for whatever dumb reason), then that would show all of us piddly little stupid humans buying the comic that despite our frail bodies, minds, etc. that a man can defeat a superman. And that would sell like crazy. And there you have it. Batman wins every time. Because he HAS to.

Which totally sucks, cuz I love Superman. He is, without a doubt, the best superhero ever. Everyone reading this will have arguments to the contrary, and all will have valid points. But if I were to say to you, 'What is a superhero?' the very first thing to pop into your head would be Superman. Don't deny it. There's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean you don't like Batman any less (or whichever superhero you waifu at the moment) It just means that Superman is the epitome of what it is to be a superhero.

To be continued..... if I don't get blasted by Batman lover's everywhere.
>>
File: 1429700805960.png (235KB, 542x400px) Image search: [Google]
1429700805960.png
235KB, 542x400px
>>611558640

OH NO WONDER WOMAN AND HER LASSO OF FEMINISM
>>
>>611557909
>forgetting that superman is just an op pleb with not much going for him but brute force.

You do realise batman could use his money to just block of superman from recharging off the sun ?

Moreover, batman proves yet again what it means to be resourceful and have brains for once when he stalls superdooperpooperscooper for just enough time for one certain tiny event :

It didnt take bats to destroy superman.
ALFRED THE FUCKING BUTTLER DESTROYED HIM.

So tell me Superman fanboys, you gon' cry ?
>>
File: 2066669_o.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2066669_o.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>611558777
>This person exists
>>
File: 40643422.jpg (55KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
40643422.jpg
55KB, 500x357px
Both of them are faggots, and most boring "Superheroes" out there.
>>
>>611558712
you make a great point....and i dont like superman, but youre right. he's one of the first people think of when the word superhero comes up.
>>
>>611558777
1. No he couldn't.
2. Batman relies HEAVILY on the hopes that Superman wont kill him
3. Alfred had hacks to win. Super pill don't count.

Anymore bull shit clutch situations?
>>
>>611558777
you disgrace your trips, yon faggoteer. this level of niggerdom verges on the level of mythical cringe yet unkown to alpha man. commit sudoku
>>
>>611558712

get out of here logic, ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>611559775
>sudoku
kek
>>
>>611558712
> if I were to say to you, 'What is a superhero?' the very first thing to pop into your head would be Superman
ubiquitous =/= best
Superman is quite possibly the worst superhero of all. He has nothing in anyway that makes him an interesting character. He is not at all relatable and he is a complete mary-sue.
>>
File: 98465798075768.png (2MB, 1566x1556px) Image search: [Google]
98465798075768.png
2MB, 1566x1556px
tower of babel

/thread
>>
Do you mean the result based on the logical constraints and motivations of each fictional character, or the result we should expect from the movie? Either way the answer is that the only way batman could possibly win is if superman is unwilling to just nuke from orbit. In that case, it's not really batman vs superman, it's batman vs bitch mode superman.
>>
>>611560966
The movie is based on the Dark Knight Return story arch in which Batman wins with some help and is considered to be a prequel to the Justice League
>>
>>611553322
any thing said in this roll is truth
>>
>>611558712 OP

Here's why Superman is the best. Countless times, writers have tackled the idea of 'What if Superman went bad'. They flesh out a non-canon story and somehow, the world's superheros would band together and defeat this new enemy. Blah, blah, blah, comic sales, blah. But here's the thing, Superman wouldn't do that. Ever. He just wouldn't. It's why he's the best.

Despite having all these powers. Despite being so overpowered that writers literally had to keep giving him weaknesses in order to make it fair to the rest of DC heroes/villians (weakness to magic, really? Oh and don't get me started on his 'weakness to lightning/electricity') Despite all that, Superman just wants to help the world. That's all, he just wants to help.

Superman could very easily take over the world, nothing could stop him. Its why so many villians have tried to recruit him, because he's practically unstoppable. But no, Superman shuts them down everytime, because he is that good. He is that righteous. And I believe that Batman relies on that.

During these arguments, everyone always says that Batman will outsmart Superman. That he will have already come up with a contingency that will counter anything that Superman can throw at him. But that's just it. That IS Batman's contingency. That Superman just won't do anything like that. Yes, Superman gave Batman kryptonite just in case. But that was really for Superman's peace of mind than because Batman wanted it. Batman is smart enough to know that he would never need it. Because Superman would never do anything to harm anyone on Earth.

Now people will argue that Superman sucks because he is so goody-goody. Or a, "Mary-Sue". But that's just it, Superman is a SUPERHERO. The word alone means he is not just an average hero with average character flaws. He is above all that.

Which is why Batman exists. To be the antithesis to Superman.To be the Yin to his Yang. To have all the flaws that Superman can't have.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>611552909
Assuming that they both have adequate time to prepare for battle, batman would beat him hands down. He would probably come out of it brutally maimed, but he would definitely kill superman.
Like theres a movie that i cant recall the name off where he basically fights for his life against superman, and he has green arrow fire a shot at him laced with kryptonite dust, when superman catches the arrow, he inhales he residue and batman basically gives him the what for, and that he should still be humble with all his superman might.
>>
>>611561959
I'm fairly certain that is the Dark Knight Returns arch, plus Tower of Babel, Batman wins hands down everytime
>>
>>611561467
>Here's why Superman is the best. Countless times, writers have tackled the idea of 'What if Superman went bad'. They flesh out a non-canon story and somehow, the world's superheros would band together and defeat this new enemy. Blah, blah, blah, comic sales, blah. But here's the thing, Superman wouldn't do that. Ever. He just wouldn't. It's why he's the best...
So Superman is the best because he is a shallow one dimensional character?

And you can still write a superhero and have them be complexed and flawed. Superhero doesn't equal completely perfect because a completely perfect character is, by their very definition, boring.

Superman is the worst superhero.
>>
>>611561959
That's Dark Knight Returns, which is non-canon.
Superman could never actually lose though. And in Dark Knight Returns, had Green Arrow not hit the arrow, Batman would have lost so bad it wouldn't have even been funny.
>>
>>611554032

Well...if you remember Man of Steel had no kryptonite in it and I thought Snyder said that kryptonite would not be a part of the Universe this time around.
>>
>>611561467
It's also why he's boring as fuck, and why everyone wants batman to kick his ass. Perfect, inhuman characters don't make for good fiction. They're great for wartime military propaganda, but that's about it.
>>
superman is overpowered and boring
>>
I can't relate to Superman at all, he just tries to do what he can with what he's got, which is bullshit because space aliens aren't real. I relate much better to Batman because he was born into enormous wealth that makes the average king look like a shit-eating peasant and he's always the best at everything because the writer said so and he's an expert at all of the fighting styles and he a genius detective and he can fight gods because they forget that they're capable so Batman can win. Batman is way more realistic as a character.
>>
>>611552909

This movie will be good BUT.

My guess?

>>Superman goes "nuts"

>>Batman isn't trying to KILL superman... but guide him...

>>a few clever battles...

>relationship blossoms....

>>league OF JUSTICE NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>611561467
You have really shit taste. I mean to each his own and all, but you laud things that are classically and objectively negative, things that are trademarks of bad character writing, and hail them as good.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x308px
I mean my point to go with that is yeah, batman has no powers, so if it boiled down to a street alleyway meeting battle to the death, superman eould kill him. But because batman is infinitely smarter than superman, preparation time would give him the edge he would need to win
>>
File: 1429327984363.jpg (798KB, 2234x900px) Image search: [Google]
1429327984363.jpg
798KB, 2234x900px
>>611552909
I think, that the amount of movies that revolve around solitary hero worship saving the world by shooting and exploding their way out of every situation, indicates that USicans really just want to be sheep. This idea that some militant ubermensch lone operator is going to come out of nowhere to save you and your civilization from consequence and let you go on with your lives as is so you never have to lift a fucking finger to take the risk of changing how you live your shitty little lives, seems to be the #1 thing people want to see when they watch films and read books and comics and go to church.

I wouldn't care at all, and barely do, but for the fact that at this point, mankind is too big for that. Humanity will not be saved from the destination it's chugging on down the tracks toward by the outdated all-powerful Great Man fantasy figure archetype of the past. It can only be saved by billions of people updating their underlying philosophies to match humanities enormous present reality.

And I think that's extremely unlikely to happen.
>>
>>611558712 OP

Now people will say, 'That's why Batman is better. Because he has those flaws. Because he is human, with human needs and human wants' But that doesn't make Batman better, it just makes him different.

The idea here is not what would make a good story or what will relate to people the most in order to sell comics. The idea is of a superhero. A being that will not faulter in the face of great evil. Will not even consider the idea of giving up, or changing sides. A being that only has kindness and respect in his/her heart. That idea is, for all intents and purposes, the idea of Superman. It is why he never falters. It is why he is at the front of the Justice League line up. It is why you think of Superman first when thinking of a superhero. It is why Superman is the greatest superhero if all time.

And now, I'm done preaching and will begin accepting all insults to my, 'Nah Nah Boo Boo Stick Your Head In Doo Doo' folder.
>>
>>611561467
>Superman wouldn't do that. Ever. He just wouldn't. It's why he's the best.
superman goes bad like once a month
>>
>>611562886
HE IZ JESUS I MEANZ MOHAMMEDZ, I MEENZ NOSTRALDAMOOSE
>>
>>611563278
You're completely misreading the symptoms. People don't just like hero action, they also like villain action. Breaking bad and game of thrones are prime examples. We don't give a shit about the morals or consequences, we just want to see as much death and destruction as possible. It's always been that way, all the way back to public executions.
>>
Anyone who uses Batman could kill Superman because of Dark Knight Returns is a complete retard. Batman had Green Arrow, nukes and Kryptonite and Superman repetitively said "I will not fight you". You fan boys are so deluded with this shitty piece of writing. It is an elseworlds story by a bad writer.

Just to be clear I love both characters.
>>
>>611563376
>And now, I'm done preaching and will begin accepting all insults to my, 'Nah Nah Boo Boo Stick Your Head In Doo Doo' folder.
You are quite conceited aren't you?
>>
>>611561467

If the character writing is so bad, why does it sell so many comics? Why is Superman one of the flagship characters of DC comics?

The writers have made Superman interesting in so many ways despite being 'boring' or 'overpowered'. I would rather applaud the writers for doing that than curse them for making a boring character.

It's kind of like writing for the character of God. How does a writer make that interesting when literally anything is possible? But somehow they do and some of the best screenplays/stage-plays have been produced as a result.

Superman is not boring. Superman is just what everyone should aspire to be.
>>
>>611563792

>bad writer
>frank miller

lol. ok.
>>
>>611563376
>it is why you think of superman first when thinking of a superhero
Incorrect, I'm neither 'murican or a DC fanboy, my default superhero is Iron Man.
>>
>>611563376

Not really conceited. Just a realist who knows that everyone has their own opinion and will attack others for trying to present arguments to the contrary. If I let that get to me, then I wouldn't be a very happy person.
>>
>>611564225
The writers don't make his perfection interesting, they temporarily change him so that he's interesting. They make him randomly flip his shit, they give him a weakness, they make him in some way imperfect, because the character as you describe him is about as interesting as a glass of water.

And those screen/stage plays about God you're talking about? Those aren't about the actions of God, those are about the lives of humans, often of Jesus, because humans are way more interesting. They could make a play exclusively from God's perspective, but it'd be boring as shit.
>>
Be rich as fuck.
Like richer than anyone ever.
Become batman.
Yfw Ironman has less money than batman but 1000x cooler.
>>
>>611564981
Of course, because Iron Man makes his own shit. If he lost all his money, he could invent stuff and make it back. If Batman lost all his money, he could beat some people up.
>>
File: 1424237639811.webm (3MB, 778x436px)
1424237639811.webm
3MB, 778x436px
>implying this is a trick question
>>
>>611565210
If he lost all his money, he couldn't invent anything.

In movies, where money grows on trees, it doesn't cost anything to invent shit. In reality, the cost of prototyping is fucking enormous. I build 3 small components for racing bicycles, out of aerospace composites, with relatively low precision, and we spent 3 million on finite element analysis, prototyping, and stress testing them first. To make a few bicycle parts. Tony Stark needs billions and billions to skim an R&D budget off the top of in order to fund his inventing habit. And needs to hire several hundred engineers to have a hope in hell of doing all the low level shit work, even with his software and robots.
>>
>>611564225

Good point. I'm not above taking criticisms. However, not all of Superman's stories change some aspect of him to make him interesting. I personally find him interesting despite his 'perfection'. And besides, he isn't totally perfect. With regards to superpowers he is, but with regards to emotions, pain, even death' Superman is not perfect. He is not God in that way. And yes, many plays, movies, etc. about God are about the people he influenced. But there are a few from His perspective that are still interesting. We cannot truly comprehend God. It's just not possible. (at least as far as I know, but I'm just a dumb ol' human being) So truly writing from His perspective is impossible.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.