[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ i need help i saw a psychiatrist today and she recommend

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: causes-of-anxiety-disorders.jpg (37KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
causes-of-anxiety-disorders.jpg
37KB, 480x390px
/b/ i need help i saw a psychiatrist today and she recommend i voluntarily admit myself to a psych ward to kick start my treatment of my anxiety and depression(which has gone untreated for 10 years, i'm 29 now). what should i do /b/ ? please give me advice
>>
>>610265121
>psychiatrist already gave professional advice
>come to /b/ for second opinion

What are you hoping to get out of this?
>>
>>610265121
GO IN I BIN IN AND IT REALY HELPFULL SOMEWHAT.
>>
/b/ has helped me in the past, opinions are always good to hear from people
>>
>>610265121
I WAS EAERING VOICE TELLING ME I WAS GAY AND shit.
>>
>>610265121
Really, if she's giving you the option, then you're clearly not a danger to anyone else, and not likely a threat to yourself. This stay may benefit you, anon. Plus if it's a pride thing, at least you'll feel better that you're not being held there against your will like some of them.
Why wouldn't you take the advice of a licensed doctor?
>>
i'm worried that if i admit myself, i've forever be a guy who people will say "he was in a psych ward"
>>
>>610265121
Kill yourself, once you go to the psych ward, you just go down. There's no help there it's like prison.
>>
>>610266171
you will i know how it is and it's on my record and never buy guns again and they can find out when you get jobs.
>>
>>610266201
this
>>
is the trade off worth it ?
-getting help and it being on my medicalrecord forever or -don't get help and try to lead a semi-normal-ish-not quite-ish life?
>>
stop being a pussy and deal with your "anxiety" you fucking idiot. there is no such thing! you're just being a beta male
get the fuck outside of your house and go do shit that makes you happy you fucking moron.
go get a gym membership you pathetic shit... that should fix your depression! and as far as anxiety? um idk fucking go out more.. u ugly fuck
seriously fuck you
>>
>>610266171
So who's going to find out? You're 29, you're not exactly living at home, so no one really needs to know.

Big deal. The people you're afraid of for saying that are probably the same people who are already saying "He's depressed, he sucks at dealing with anxiety.|

Why deny yourself treatment because you're worried about the lazy opinions of your community assholes?
>>
>>610266709
Yeah, this guy sure is a shining example of someone who doesn't have personal issues.
>>
one of my fears is going to the ward for a few weeks and it not helping, or feeling afterwards that i have to keep a secret of me being in a psych ward adding to the secrets of me hiding my mental illness.
>>
>>610267324
Well,
1) Whatever you're doing now already isn't helping. If you're seeing a psychiatrist, you're clearly unhappy with your quality of life.
2) I doubt you're openly going around telling people about your levels of anxiety and depression, so you're already keeping that secret.
What do you think society would frown upon more, if you're so concerned about them over your own personal health: Having a short stint in a psych ward, or your eventual health deteriorating to the point that you're using up valuable public health resources and services when other people who never had this opportunity could have benefited from instead? Not that I agree with that stance, but the public sure gives more of a fuck about social services than they do of your problems.

So fuck what people say. What really matters is what it's going to take to pull you out of that slump.

Are you on medication / seeing any other physician for any other conditions?
>>
>>610267324
I mean, from the sounds of it, the people you know and the social network you have probably doesn't feature peers or family members who you can trust to understand you if you tried to talk to them about this.

A psych ward will have people who you could actually talk to and connect with on this level. And its staff will have people you can confide in without fear of judgement - you'd be surprised what you tell people who you know you will never need to talk to again after this, if you choose so.
>>
thanks, that is great advice. I am worried about how i am judged very much which i hate to admit because i feel peoples perception of me is what i'm worried about the most(which is stupid i know). i've been prescribed anti-depressants and sleeping pills.
>>
>>610267836
>>610268235
>>
>>610268235
Why the hell would you feel that your worry is stupid? Have you not looked around you? Everyone is subjected to social pressure to fit in, and to avoid being ostracized. What you're describing is an innate human trait that has been developed throughout our evolutional history. It would be foolish to think that a fear we all share is stupid to hold.

Honestly, what you need right now is confidence. Not overwhelming confidence, but just enough confidence to recognize that you need to act in your own best interests. Whatever happens next socially, that's for you to help shape. The worst-case scenario always seems to be more likely than it actually is.

What's also likely to happen is you will regret someday that you did not take this step sooner, if you choose to reject it now. Depression is a vicious self-driven loop. You don't want to take this step because you fear it will make you feel worse. By not taking this step, you WILL get worse. The worse you feel, the less likely that you will take this step.

You have the time to tackle this now. If you don't want to do it for the person you now are, then do it for the person that you will become in the future. As cliched as it sounds, you'll thank yourself someday.
>>
Try to get the help you need without going inpatient.
You don't want that on your record.
Try "The Depression Cure. Seven steps to curing depression naturally" by Stephen Ilardi
>>
>>610268880

thanks. i know i do need to tackle this now, i've had depression and anxiety go on for 10 years untreated- i literally have no friend and have never even been in a relationship before. Basically i haven't had a 20's it has been taken away from me by this mental illness.

. i do need confidence(i literally have none) and i also need to do it for the person i want to become.

Thanks for the straight words it puts things into perspective.
>>
>>610269442
Chances are, you're judging yourself based on your lack of friends/relationships, yet you're lacking these relationships because you're lacking the confidence to handle social interactions. So don't see these things as failure. Instead, see them as a reflection on your mental health. Once you get yourself back on track, you'll be surprised how easy these things will come to you. So focus on working on YOU right now as the first step.

Glad I could help. Good luck, anon.
>>
thanks /b/ you've been helpful.

thanks for the kind and insightful words.
>>
>>610266709

u r 2 cool n 2 hardcore 4 us bro
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.