[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/ ubuntu or arch linux?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: ubuntu_vs_archlinux.png (141KB, 1920x1020px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu_vs_archlinux.png
141KB, 1920x1020px
Hey /b/ ubuntu or arch linux?
>>
>>601900659
ububtu is for children
>>
>>601900659
For what?
Why are you comparing?
>>
File: 1422141074392.gif (2MB, 334x281px) Image search: [Google]
1422141074392.gif
2MB, 334x281px
Play nice /b/
>>
File: 1425106231451.jpg (69KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
1425106231451.jpg
69KB, 510x510px
>I've used both

Arch Linux is perfect for learning what open source OSs are all about. Constant rolling updates, bleeding edge software, and the ability to configure everything exactly the way you want it. For the same reasons, it's highly unreliable. Many updates fuck your system up, and it's recommended to update in a virtual machine before applying an update to any mission-critical device. You have to be smart and experienced enough to call the shots.

Ubuntu is N00buntu. It's easy, far more reliable, but full of commercial bullshit from canonical.

CentOS is god-tier for poorfags that know linux.
>>
mint
/thread
>>
because I invested the little bit of money i had and now I'm a multi-millionaire so i don't have to do shit. To keep from going crazy though, I teach English to foreign people and hit on the occasional hot single (or not so single) girls I meet up with. :-) I also do a lot of hiking for the same reason. Welcome to what it's like not to be beta.
>>
>>601901414
I'm running mint right now, pretty satisfied.
>>
linux is for fucking nerds
>>
>>601900659
i never used linux my entire life, wanted to try it out, downloaded ubuntu and installed on a vm, tried to use it but i coundn't stand for that awful UI

some time later, i installed debian on a vm and used like a charm, and then i began learning about ricing, and fully customized it, but my hdd failed, and i lost the virtual machine
>>
>>601901315
I think you're over exaggerating about the "unreliable" part.
I've been using it for more than 5 years, updates don't fuck up your system, unless you're dumb enough to do big updates or upgrade important packages without reading the forums for possible issues that can always be fixed manually.

Also if you at least upgrade weekly it's a lot less likely to come into issues, but always checking the official site is what's recommended.
>>
>>601901855
My grandmother is not a nerd.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>601901490
Good pasta mate :^)
>>
File: patfap.jpg (11KB, 285x288px) Image search: [Google]
patfap.jpg
11KB, 285x288px
>>601901855
gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: 1422802055462.jpg (28KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422802055462.jpg
28KB, 320x480px
>>601900911
>>601900911
illuminaty comfirm
>>
ubuntu is a good server OS (my server has been up for nearly 2 years straight).

but its kinda meh as a GUI OS.

But really it's like comparing Apples to Green Apples. Just use one you like.
>>
>>601900659
They are completely different, its like comparing a pizza to Women's rights
>>
>>601902958
I fucking love granny smith, screw you gala fags!
>>
>>601902148
Well, I was all about customizing my system from the start. The mouse keys kept fucking up when I would update X11 without warning from the forums. It seemed it would reset my config files to have mouse keys disabled by default. I ended up writing a script I would run whenever it was updated, and after that it worked like a charm.

That being said, you still need to be smart enough to write scripts and navigate through shells when using Arch, else it's unreliable.

I recommend it for aspiring hackers though. Great documentation
>>
>>601903609
But Arch exists
>>
>>601904106
And pizza doesnt?
>>
Used both. If you are just starting out on GNU/Linux Operating Systems, Ubuntu is a great choice due to the newbie friendliness (you can also try out Linux Mint). If you know your way around a linux OS already, you can consider Arch, because its highly customizable, but be prepared to build your system from the ground up. I nowadays use Arch as my daily device. I choose it because of the great wiki and community that supports it
>>
>>601903998
>I recommend it for aspiring hackers though.
r34l 1337 h4xx0rz us3 Kali
>>
>>601904828
it does, Women's rights does not
>>
>>601904954
I see now. Thanks for enlightening me. I only know Redhat so im going to stand by and watch the argument while thinking of more ways to make for of women's rights
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.