[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck what am I doing with my life... 28 Single working and making

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 23

Fuck what am I doing with my life...

Single
working and making decent money, but hate my job
rarely do anything exciting anymore, just come home, turn on a ballgame and drink a couple beers
occasionally get laid, but only with some strained effort, and only with crazy gutter trash

so not too bad right...?

Well until today. I hate facebook, but had to use it today for this work thing:

> look up a couple profiles
> look at hot fucking bitch with DD tits that I passed up on when I was 16
> God damnit, why did I not lock that down!?
> See all these people I know happy, married, with kids and cool jobs and shit
> be me, single, living alone, living a meaningless life

Fuck I feel like shit. I was once normal. All the pieces were there. Howd I get into this weird place where I feel detached, don't care about anything, and am the most comfortable by myself surfing the web for hours...?
>>
congrats. You are officially an adult
>>
>>600190776
only choice now is to kill yourself op youll never be happy
>>
File: chubbsblue.jpg (427KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
chubbsblue.jpg
427KB, 1200x1800px
>>600190977

Is this really how it goes?

Like for real?

I know this is not just the state of adulthood is it.........?

Please someone enlighten me here.
>>
>>600190776
27 here and in the same boat, man. I don't know what went wrong either. Made some bad career options myself in my younger years. It all just sorta fell apart and I let it.
>>
So fucking do something about it.
>>
>>600191233

> bad career choices

same man. same. I picked the wrong major in grad school.

I think at least. I was told getting an LPC is a mistake and not to do it.
>>
>>600190776
sounds like a bout of depression. Find a new hobby OP, meet some new interesting people, they will spark some excitement in your life. Be in the moment, not in the past.
>>
What is "decent money"?

Also what do you do for a living?
>>
Marry some used goods, pretend to be happy and care for her. Then have some kids and do the same. Then die. That's your average joe's life.
>>
>>600191234

thanks man. I needed to hear that.

Any suggestions for shaking things up?

I am currently looking for a new job, and I am dating online now.
>>
>>600191570

Sales.

about $40k a year.
>>
>>600191696
Sales for what?
>>
File: enormous.jpg (185KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
enormous.jpg
185KB, 720x960px
bump
>>
30 here. Same boat, only I don't drink or like sports. But I get where you're coming from. I do outdoorsy shit alone. I don't really have a problem being alone, but I do wish I had someone.

At this point, even finding a decent girl is hard. All of them have baggage or are fucking crazy. That's why no one else has wifed them!
>>
>>600191964

computer software
>>
Don't worry about the opportunities you missed, or you'll miss more while you're bawing.

If you're unfulfilled with work, look for a new job. Don't immediately ragequit, but make steps toward a change.

If you're not meeting any women that are the elusive combination of interested, available, and interesting, find a hobby that might allow you to meet more people.

My friend who was a turbo virgin through his mid twenties just got engaged. He had to work on himself for a while to get to the point where he found someone he wanted who also wanted him. It's not easy, but don't just admit defeat.

Mfw responding sincerely
>>
>>600191633
Do what you love/feel like has meaning and make it your life if you do anything for just money/"stability" it eat you up inside until you retire, reflect then regret.
>>
>>600192199

> I don't have a problem being alone
> but I do wish I had a wife/GF

exactly. Prob 75% of my day, I'm good. But sometimes at night, or on holidays or at dinner, I wish I had a lovely lady by my side.

And what kills me is, when I was still fun to be around and cared about shit (In HS and college) I passed up multiple sexy bitches that would have been with me.

Now that I'm Neo from the Matrix (First movie, where he is working in the office) I find it harder to date and have fun.
>>
>>600192199
You have to swim through a sea of shit, but you can find decent people at any age. There are plenty of nice women who have been dicked over time after time who are thinking to themselves, "All of the good guys must be married by now."
>>
>>600190776
28 year old fag here too OP

I'm actually back in school because I hated where my life was going. I'm actually enjoying learning about something I am interested in too. I feel your pain about FB though. I deleted it a long time ago, to depressing. Pretty much all my friends are either married now or have kids or both. I'm pretty much all alone all the time now.
>>
>>600192249

Thanks man. I just capped your post and saved it to my desktop.
>>
Posting to make yall feel better.

>get arrested at 23 for third degree felony assault
>end up pleading to gross misdemeanor assault
>wake up call...or was it
>one year later be out with 2 friends
>sober cab. Trying to be good.
>one friend gets in fight
>mfw broke it up. I'm on probation
>get charged with third degree felony assault
>plea down to 3rd degree gross misdemeanor rioting
>be 26
>finish useless social science degree
>can't get job due to first violent conviction
>sacrifice dreams of being an RN, being an officer in an armed force, lose initial girlfriend and have been pushing away quality women ever since
>currently on house arrest from the rioting conviction
>get out March 4th

What do I do with my life.
feel better?
>>
File: blackdress.jpg (58KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
blackdress.jpg
58KB, 500x701px
>>600192612

yeah I know. I know.

I have to get out of what I am doing. I'm working on it.

what really messed me up is that when I got out of school in 2010, I couldn't find a job for shit, and really got slapped across the face financially. I know what it is like to be desperate for work, and it sux.
>>
interview tomorrow
same feels

Why? Why am I like this.. Its just totally empty. It always seemed like I HAD to do this or that and now I just dont give a fuck.
Its all shit anyways. No matter how exciting the day is, you end up back here, alone and pissed off. Staring at 4chan...
>>
>>600190776
trust me, those people arent happy. thats what facebook is for, only posting good moments. most peoples lifes are shit. and so is mine, and yours.
>>
>>600192612
Also when it all boils down experience>material. Always go for great experiences like trips or event then when you look back your feel way more satisfied in your life.
>>
File: 1415242610738.jpg (5KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
1415242610738.jpg
5KB, 245x267px
Your 28 you still have plenty of time. Younger woman love older "mature" stable men. Just watch out so they don't have kids. Don't want to end up playing on another man's save file.
>>
File: Van-wilder-party-liaison-800-75.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Van-wilder-party-liaison-800-75.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
>>600192893

yeah I enjoyed learning too man. Many of my college courses were actually fun.

I remember hearing a rumor one time that a guy just kept taking out loans and stayed in college for like 20 years. the govt kept loaning him money. He now has like 12 degrees.

I have seriously considered trying this on multiple occasions.
>>
>>600192735
I know all that. And the sea of slag is thick. But I'm not the bar or club type. Not many women my age that I know of like camping. Or the ones that do I am not attracted to.

I agree that finding a hobby and then doing it in groups helps with meeting people. That Meetups website is a decent start.
>>
File: 1357091639982.jpg (80KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1357091639982.jpg
80KB, 333x333px
>>600193408
>>
File: 1424716130486.gif (257KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
1424716130486.gif
257KB, 460x288px
>>600193079

damn man. I'm sorry.
>>
>>600193172

yeah man. I just envisioned growing up and doing something that was fun that I cared about, that helped people.

I'm finding this vision hard to make real.
>>
>>600191193
Fuck bro, I'm four years younger than you and I already know that's fucking "adulthood".
>>
>>600193317

thanks man. that's what my college therapist told me.

looking at Facebook is like when women look at Cosmo and feel shitty about their bodies. The image is a 1sec snapshot of the highlight of someones life, and not the 23hrs 59min and 59 sec of bad shit they went thru.
>>
>>600191193
Unless you come from a rich family or are extremely lucky, even "making your way" and "doing something about it" is a slim to none chance.

The old school idea of the "American Dream" is dead.
>>
File: hank hill pimp.png (255KB, 532x465px) Image search: [Google]
hank hill pimp.png
255KB, 532x465px
>>600193408

nice.
>>
>>600190776
Never go on Facebook just to browse....ever it's just a game of 1-up no one's ever honest and alot of bullshit is put up
>>
>be 23 years old
>literally no friends to hang out with
>failed uni
>working at a factory doing same shit over and over for shit money
>to top it off realize im a homo
>everyday suicide looks more appealing

life is torture
>>
>>600191464
Yeah man. I feel you. College was a waste of time. I'm going to a trade school this year. Electrical field. Gotta wake up someday and realize your job doesn't define you. I don't know what to do for socializing though.... there doesn't seem to be a good way to meet people; let alone a female that isn't a total ruin.
>>
>>600193620
I've been in college since I was 22. I'm 28 now. Sad part is though I have nothing to show for it, no diplomas or anything. I keep getting loans then drinking my loans away. This time though I think it's different. I actually feel like a real loser and want to better myself for once.
>>
>>600190776
>30 yrs old
>no job
>no money (35€ in bank account)
>no girlfriend
>no career
>shit country
>untreated depression (for 12 years)
>me

You're life looks fine to me.
>>
File: 1419112462069.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1419112462069.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>600190776
could be worse, im 30 yo kiss less virgin. only high school diploma, worked the same entry level job for 12 years. only one gf that lasted 2 months-nothing happened.
>>
>>600190776
maybe you are a little fagg
>>
File: 1423795045035.jpg (21KB, 259x365px) Image search: [Google]
1423795045035.jpg
21KB, 259x365px
>>600194629
>to top it off realize im a homo
Did you wake up like that?
>>
>>600195045

Sorry man. Good luck with everything.

Not to be a dick to the UK, but the weather there and mood seems like it gets a lot of people down.

maybe scenery change? get out of there, and work fishing or oil? worth a shot.
>>
>>600195376
I'm not from the UK, I wish I lived there because at least I could have a job. I had one in 2008 and I thought I'd be happy finally but then the financial crisis came and I couldn't reach a shore again.

Thanks anyway for wishing me luck, it means to me more than you think.
>>
>>600195795

What country you in mate?
>>
>>600196349
Spain. I live in Madrid. Even with the crisis I see a lot of people being extremely happy which makes me feel quite miserable. It hurts to see teenagers with their cute girlfriends and all of that, while me with 30 I never could have "that" life.

There's starting to be more work, but for weak and "old" ("too late") people like me it's almost impossible now. Before the crisis there was more work, but you know what, I don't even think that could heal me as it did in the past though, so it doesn't really matter anymore. Damn, I guess I'm not making any sense. Good night anyway, thanks for the chat.
>>
>>600195308
always kinda suspected but the reality is starting to hit me now that i see old school friends on facebook getting married and having kids already
>>
>>600190776
>surfing the web for hours

This is the cause of the problem.

Quit.

I will if you will.
>>
File: image (3).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image (3).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>600190776
Tits for OP!
>>
>>600190776
38 y/o anon here. Been here since the Cracky-chan days. You need to start setting yourself up for a comfortable retirement. Check out biz and look for the poster 'ihazmillions' or some such shit. Follow his guidelines for conservative long term investment.

You also need to start spoiling yourself. Start hitting up 4 and 5 star resturants, learn a thing or three about fine dining.

While you're making these leaps n bounds, do some Fucking traveling. San diego, Portland, seattle, orlando, new orleans,minneapolis/st paul, Chicago, DC, NYC. Take the plane, take a train. Do something outside your comfort zone.

In other words, just start living.
>>
single
bored to death
hate my job, hate all these stupid girls around me,
just going day by day without losing my shit, hoping to somehow get rich and move to a fucking island
>>
>>600193079
not really. You've at least got an excuse.

I've got all this male white privilege and freedom and here I sit on 4chan while taking a shit.

I have no reason to get out of bed in the morning. I literally tried to think of one today and I couldn't. I've got work sure, but today was my day off and I couldn't think of anything worth rolling out of bed for. I eventually got up just to take a piss and went about the routine. Ate some food, cleaned my place up a bit, watched some netflix. But underneath it all was that nagging feeling I had this morning. "I have no reason to get up today."

No fulfilling hobbies, no friends, no girls.

I can't tell if I've got nothing to do because I'm depressed or if I'm depressed because I've got nothing to do.
>>
>>600193079
I would like to say however that if you're in a situation that seems hopeless, it's not. There are many different lives you can live. As I said, I was in college to be a nurse, had a great girl who had the same dream, everything was looking up. Even though that, and a lot of my freedom for the past 3 years was taken, you've got to keep looking ahead. Any one of you can change your life right now. It's about progress not perfection. Do something different today. Exercise, look into hobbies around town. Community education classes (you meet cute girls at the cooking and language classes). What am I doing with my twice-shattered life? I'm going to get a restaurant job, start working at an esoteric mushroom grower, and take arabic classes (my 4th language) to keep busy. I'm also starting an herbal tea and guided plant foraging tour company. Never even knew about this before everything changed. what is to come is better than what has gone before. Live by that.
>>
>>600196961

Oh damn wow man.

I took a trip to Spain once and spent 4 weeks in Madrid.

I know exactly what you are talking about. So many of the rich and good looking Spanish youth just party and dance all the time, and act like everything is so great, and so many things will be handed to them.

but overall there is so so much corruption, social, political, moral. Spain has some serious issues.

I came to discover that nearly none of spanish men are loyal to their wives/gf's.

seems like kinda a heaven-hell type place.

no offense but i would not want to live there. Id rather be in germany for example. they may be kind of cold, and kind of arrogant, but ultimately they are loyal and classy, and seem to strive for a society where the right things happen to good people.
>>
>>600197268

As soon as I log off, I'm reading a book.

thanks.
>>
>>600190776
Don't trust those happy-go-lucky fake portraits shown in Facebook. They're false.

Find happiness in a hobby. Change your job, yur career even. You're right on time.
>>
>>600190776
Quit your job, sell your house, take all the money and go to Vegas.

But seriously, quit your job. Go pick up the most recent issue of GQ and read the article on quitting. It will give you some perspective. You're not letting your employer down and you're not letting yourself down (unless you do it wrong). You need to make a change, and I suggest the first change you make is to delete your Facebook.

At least for a month, go technology cold. Get off your phone, get out of your house, and really take a good look around you. Facebook has this horribly negative effect of drawing you in and making you think that the shit you're seeing actually means something.

Had you not seen pics of Double D Sheree you wouldn't know that she's off getting fucked by some guy, but does that mean it wasn't happening anyway?

You don't need to know everything that's going on all the time. For example:

>be me a year ago
>delete Facebook due to similar situation, ex girlfriend is a NBA cheerleader, seeing her all fuckin' happy is seriously getting me down, I had that and now I don't
>plus I have too much going on to constantly stalk, this shit isn't healthy, it's hard to meet and take a girl seriously when you want to check another girl's Facebook, that's messed up
>couple months passes, I'm feeling really good about life
>when I run into people, I have no idea what's happening to them these days so I ask
>then we have something to talk about
>life is dramatically more social
>start feeling really good, ready to get back out and meet girls, so I kick it with my buddy on a Friday and let him take me on his rounds
>work our way through clubs and bars, socializing, feeling really normal again
>meet this super cute girl with fire engine red dyed hair
>she's pale, but her hair is red and her lips match her hair and it's giving me a boner
>flirt with her
>she looks me up on Facebook, no profile
>what did you say your last name was?
>why?
>I'm trying to add you on FB
>>
>>600197536
thanks buddy.
>>
>>600198634
I read a book today.
It didn't change my life.
>>
>>600197838

I'm on biz a lot man.

most of those people are such tards.

but theres also some cool wise posts from time to time.
>>
>>600197838

yeah i need to travel. capping your post man.
>>
File: Film-Noir.jpg (50KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Film-Noir.jpg
50KB, 300x225px
How can a 25 year old single male with no college get a decent office job?
I'm a correctional officer and I hate it.
I've been doing it for about 4 years now, I wanted to become a police officer and then a detective. That was my goal but now I'm starting to become weary about law enforcement. I just want a decent 9-5 jobs with weekends off.
>>
>>600198785
The adding up will do, like lifting. One session a day.
>>
>>600198481

> I can't tell if I've got nothing to do because I'm depressed or if I'm depressed because I've got nothing to do.

true.
>>
>>600198975
Military Police. Or maybe a NGO Human Rights watcher or something.
>>
>>600198975
hey CO. Hope you're one of the good ones and not a complete inhuman dick like a couple of the COs I had. you should go to college, it'll show you how fucked our retribution-based justice system is and you won't want to be a cop anymore. Maybe you'll do something that actually helps and contributes to society.
>>
>>600191696
In what universe is 40k decent?
>>
File: a-thehorse-01.jpg (73KB, 767x576px) Image search: [Google]
a-thehorse-01.jpg
73KB, 767x576px
>>600198499

Sage words man. good luck with everything.

man this thread has turned into some serious fucking turbo feels.
>>
>>600199504
Wow, butthurt excon I'm sorry you couldn't get rec.
I would say I'm not a complete dick unless one of those fuckers talk shit or disrespect me for no reason.
>>
>>600198713
>oh, I deleted that shit, have too much going on to waste time on it
>she's is intrigued, she knows I have friends because I know people here, so I'm not a weirdo murderer
>how about you just give me your number and we'll go get coffee later in the week?
>number in my phone
>we flirt more, getting closer, definitely hitting it off, might be making her coffee tomorrow morning
>she kisses me, then waits for me to react, kiss her back, make out with her, we're really getting into it in the corner booth by the bar
>she gets a text, oh yay, my friends are here, you can meet them all
>rad
>signal my buddy, he comes over with shots and joins us
>friends show up
>who's in the group? my ex
>in fact, it's the smarter half of her squad
>this girl i'm making out with is on the squad
>laugh internally
>say hi to my ex, girl looks...quizzical... drags me off for a minute
>she's my ex, we dated for about six months, nothing too serious, haven't seen her in months
>ok, cool, should we get out of here?
>yes
>go to my place, bone
>wake up, make her coffee
>get text from ex
>"you definitely have a type. how are you?"
>booya. just won the breakup.

basically what I'm saying is get the fuck off your computer and go make some friends. Do something new. Quit your job, get a new job, fuck a girl, build something, break something, go running. Just shake things up a LOT and see what shakes loose, you might be surprised how much better things get when you make a change.

I'm making one in five days. Moving out of my beautiful house with long time roommates into a place that's on the other side of the alley. Roommate's dogs bark all day and night and I can't study and they shit in the house at least 4x per week, so I'm leaving. Why tolerate this shit when a small change will make such a huge difference?
>>
>>600193079
Stop being a nigger. I'm 28 and I've never had a violent crime charge
>>
Op you need an hobby. I wished i was single with no kids. 37 have what most thjnk is a "good" job. Fucking hate it somedays. Have to warch money cause those little fuckers cost it. They are cute from around 2-5 then ok till 10. When they get around 13 time to bust balls and kill kids. Get you a house and build a shop. Find sonething you enjoy doing. Shit like wood shop, working on cars, repair electronics, computers something man.
>>
>>600199943
good luck gettin shanked, bitch
>>
>>600200013
This is some god tier advice anon.
Thanks.
>>
>>600198713

> girl
> you're not on FB?

OP here. I have had prob 3 - 4 chicks end the relationship cause I was not on FB and had no intention of being.

To them it was like I was choosing to live in a shack on a mountain, wearing a tinfoil hat, and surrounded by 40-50 cats to protect me from the CIA.

some chicks seriously get wierded out by it.
>>
>>600200050
Congratulations? The violent charge was for helping some girl getting her lights knocked out after bar close by a stranger. She ran away after I intervened, understandably, and thus the witness was gone and I'm stuck with the guy I put in the CPR recovery position and cops that don't believe me. Don't be so quick to judge. You don't live my life and I don't live yours.
>>
>>600200292
I guess you haven't been full rehabilitated.
>>
>>600192136
Moar
>>
File: 1423626191257.jpg (161KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1423626191257.jpg
161KB, 800x800px
>>600190776
What do you do for a living?
>>
about to turn 28 this year, got sick and had anxiety for 3 years, my mind has gone to total hell.
Only recently have got my shit together, stopped doing drugs and looking for a job, as for women I don't think its a big problem, man can get young women very easily, the problem is really how to make a living and also be healthy
>>
>>600200627
That one wasnt me, but your attitude is the exact type of person who made the worst type of CO. You should reevaluate your life if youre capable of it. I kid you not, I'd rather be who I am with a criminal record than be you and be a CO.
>>
>>600199725

are you saying it's high or low?

My monthly living expenses are about $1900. So after it's all said and done, I have about $500 extra every month to either save or spend on something fun.

It's not that glamourous, but I am grateful to have what I have.
>>
>>600200627
not even samefag, just your shitty attitude in this post >>600199943... except for niggers, some fags really dont deserve to be there.
>>
>>600201036
>>600201130
>>
File: 1405573623277.jpg (6KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1405573623277.jpg
6KB, 251x241px
>>600201036
>I can tell who you are in real life from a post on the internet.
>>
>>600198875
I'm an investment neophyte, but ive watched the market for over a decade. ihazmillions knows his shit and can give good advice on portfolio diversification.

As for traveling, you can do it for a lot of reasons. Not n heavy one night stands with girls , see what the corners of the country hold.

With eating, have you ever had a 5 course meal with wine pairings aND dropped 300 on it? Have you ever tried lardo, or sweatmeats?

Your life can be filled with experiances. You can invest yourself into them. Let the guys and girls out there who want to breed , do so. You can have a kind of life where they'll say "man i wish I could do that" while they're cleaning up dogshit off of the floor while changing a diaper. If you want kids, wait till you're mid late 30s so you can say you've actually lived, then find yourself some sweet Thang with an education and a paycheck of her own, get a prenup, and adopt or have a passel of kids who will one day look at your life in awe as an example of how to 'do things right'...or just continue to enjoy a full and singular lifestyle where you control your own destiny at all times.

Just make the choice to grow, op. It'll be scary at times, but the fuckers out there who were too afraid to take a chance and risk something never once got what they wanted...tthey decided to live off of scraps.

live, don't eat the leftovers, op.
>>
>>600199943
STUPID ASS BITCH I AINT FUCKIN WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>600200892

sales. computer software for businesses.
>>
>>600190776
Life is what you make it anon. Find your same job in another country. Challenge yourself to do it for 1, 2 years just for a bit of fun. I ended up taking a job in Mexico and was genuinely scared for my safety leading up to it and I am glad I did. Made awesome friends and I now work in China making incredible bank for doing 1/2 of what I used to do and I've worked in Europe and the Americas.

All cause I took a chance.
>>
>>600190776
get a puppy
>be fulfilled while caring for something that loves you
>is also a chick magnet
>>
>>600190776
you're 28 and complaining you aren't married?

Lemme tell you something Sonny, being single is the greatest thing on earth. Being married is hell. Your moral fiber is stripped away, bleeding as life passes you by.

Divorce is a step to happiness, but not without cost. 75% of your paycheck will go to her, and child support. She claims it's because she was used to a certain lifestyle, which we all know is complete bullshit (lazy whore).

Trust me, you're not missing out. Stay single forever...fuck whoever you want with no strings attached...for those strings will strangle your every essence, until your soul is colorless.
>>
>>600200013
This guy has it right

>be me, 26
>work a good job but I get home and dont do shit
>constantly on facebook seeing people with their 'ahppy' lives
>realize one day that everyone is full of shit and just post it to feel better
>delete facefuck
>within months just happier overall
>saving up money, buy whatever the fuck I want
>run into old friend, shes asking me why I quit facebook, blah blah
>tell her I just couldn't stand it anymore
>we go our for drinks, fuck
>ex gf contacts me, hears about the girl i met, wants to get back together
>fuck no, life is great
>going out with friends almost every weekend
>started actually doing projects on my house making it more appealing to visiktors/myself

Couldn't be happier. Here's something, this will sound gay as shit but watch the movie "yes man' and actually try to live by that code. When people ask you to go out, do it. That's not how I came to who I am now, but looking back, it's similar.

>tl;dr, get the fuck off face book and get bitches.
>>
>>600201524

Thanks man. I'm capping all those posts and gonna look at them during this week.
>>
>>600190776
Go to a club. Or go to a library. Or a mall. Just somewhere General to find some girls dude. They aren't just gonna come to you. Don't complain about not being excited if you aren't gonna do anything besides work. Don't get married til you're like 30, have some buddies that got married in there 20s and they kinda regret being cuffed.
>>
>>600201857

genuinely lold.

capped.
>>
>>600190776
Youre just jaded. Start volunteering on a regular basis at some sort of charity or community organization.
>>
>>600200554
Some weird chicks might get seriously weirded out by it. If a girl is breaking up with you because you don't have a FACEBOOK? I really don't know what to tell you there.

Unless you're trying to date girls that are significantly younger than you, or maybe you're genuinely a weird guy and they need you to have one so they know who you know and can tell their moms who your friends are in case they go missing.

I know dudes who get laid a hell of a lot more than I ever have who never made a facebook in the first place. Or maybe some girlfriend made them one but they don't have any friends because they've never signed onto it.

I have never had a girl react negatively to finding out I didn't have one. I do have one but I haven't been on it in six months and I tell people that immediately like, "If you message me I probably won't get back to you on there because I'm never on it, text or call me, or better yet lets just get together and grab a drink and talk."

So much less miscommunication when you're sitting face to face with someone. That kind of communication scares a lot of people, not having time to think up a perfect response, I find it to be so much easier because I don't have time to think, I just speak my mind and hope it's not too offensive.
>>
>>600190776
You think those people with marriages and kids and shit don't think they'd wish they never started?

You can't have both worlds, it's one or the other and there's no going back when you make that decision to have that family. If you feel like you'll regret turning 40 some day without that... Time is ticking.

Frankly I'm 27 in April and while I'm really mature and shit and I might make a wonderful poppa... I'll never have kids. And yes, I do believe people when they say I'm a wonderful person...

THEY DONT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY IM NOT
>>
File: enhanced-10759-1403895415-12.jpg (16KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-10759-1403895415-12.jpg
16KB, 500x282px
I am in my third year of CC. I should be a junior right now but I fucked up, so I am late. I will be transferring to a 4 year university(hopefully) next fall. I feel like my major(marketing) is useless. I feel like I should be doing accounting. Even though I hate math I feel like if I pick accounting I will land a job once I'm done.

I am also incredibly lonely. I want to jerk off, but I know once I blow that load the regret and shame/loser feeling will come and it will bring me down even lower.

I would go work because that what I do when I'm depressed, but the gym is closed due to some "problems" they won't tell us about.
>>
>>600201857
All of this.
>>
File: 1420111994916.png (165KB, 900x891px) Image search: [Google]
1420111994916.png
165KB, 900x891px
>>600190776
Don't trust facebook man. It's only there for people to make their egos better while still living a shit life.

also for me to jerk off to all the girls I went to school with.
>>
>>600190776
I'm gonna be 31 in a few weeks. I have a degree but I work as a wine expert. I drink way too much and I get paid shit, but I have the most amazing girlfriend and we are currently going to Puerto rico, where I'm gonna ask her to marry me. She makes it all worth It. TLDR, look for the silver lining
>>
>>600202836
Hey, excon college graduate filth here. But I have many friends in both fields. If you want a guaranteed career, go accounting and get your CPA. If you're not making good connections (you're not at a CC) marketing is going to be a tough sell as a nontraditional student. Then again, once you get to that 4 years you'll probably see the world in an entirely new way and pick a different major. Any way you choose, you're going to succeed. Believe that.
>>
>>600200013
This. Personally my advice would be do get drunk and do anything that seems right without questioning it. Just get drunk and it flows... but you could end up like alcoholic like I will probably in a few. I basically have a girlfriend but never spoke to her sober. But they'll think some medicine for us in the future so whatever. Fuck liver I'd rather be 40 years drunk than 80 years sober
>>
>>600194461

if it ever really existed at all
>>
>>600190776
Still hope, bro.
>>
>>600203425
A wine expert doesn't get paid well? What's not well to you? How do you feel about taking trips and getting married on said income?
>>
The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel.

Stay away from social media. It gives you a skewed perception of people's lives.
>>
>>600203433
Thanks man. Yeah I know I'll have a better chance of getting a job in accounting, but like I said. I'm shit at math, also I have huge anxiety, so networking with people is fucking brutal.

thanks again with the advice. Have a good life buddy.
>>
>>600203727
No paid trips. Winemakers come to me. I get one week paid vacation a year, which usually gets spent going to visit my dad. Salary is 40k. Also I live in Massachusetts so my take home is 26k
>>
Just drink OP. That's how I solve it.
>>
>>600202827
This.

You have to make a decision at some point in your life about the direction you want it to go. Do you want to be a good parent or do you want to do all the things YOU want to do?

You can be a good parent, but you're going to have to sacrifice a lot of the things that you like to be one. Even if you're rich, if you want to be a good parent, you have to be there for the kid. You shape their future, not Esparanza.

You can also just pursue the things you want to do, and skip the whole having a family thing. That's my plan. My sister did it the best way: She decided to forgo the "having kids" thing and instead married a guy who already had two. Their mom is batshit insane and barred from seeing the kids so she gets to raise them, starting when they were 6 and 9. No shitting the bed. No diapers. None of that labor bullshit, just shaping them into well mannered adults. And she's killing it. She got to have all her fun, and then at 35 she hitched up with this guy and there you go, best of both worlds.

My plan is to:
NOT HAVE CHILDREN.

My girl is totally on board. She's pretty young and that will probably change, but for the moment every time she starts thinking about it and talking about it I just suggest we take a trip to Costco or Walmart and she shuts up. Raising children is an 18 year nightmare.

My brother had a kid, he actually went ahead and got his wife pregnant and they had a kid. And she's awesome. But he's not happy, I mean, he's a dad now. He's constantly exhausted and buried between work and raising the kid. He's stretched so thin just trying to keep the thing alive. It looks awful, and I'm not fuckin' doing it. I'm going to travel as much as I can after I get my degree. Solidify my skillset as an analytical chemist with a strong aptitude for mechanical stuff so I can work on research grade equipment like HPLC, GCMS, NMR, etc. and then market myself as such. Travel as much as I can.
>>
>>600204210
Unless you're the depression/angry type of drunk. I am so happy drunk.
>>
Get into guns prepare to defend your self from tyranny. Unless you don't like in America. In that case just off yourself now.
>>
>>600202836

don't do marketing man. I really hate to be that guy, but seriously, don't do marketing.

a) you don't need a degree to do it, its not rocket science
b) the market is saturated as fuck

so just do business or accounting. accounting isn't too bad if you don't mind sitting in an office and calculating maths all day.
>>
>>600202836

also, nothing wrong with jerking off man.

every married and gf'd man will tell you, you still jerk off even when you have someone to sex.

it's something key in male human nature.
>>
>>600190776
What type are you into?
>>
>>600204081
Damn. Taking home 26/40? What kind of reckless taxes does Mass. have? Well youre pulling in money and you have a fly little honey, big cat, so it can't be all bad. What's advancement look like? Can you have a business on the side or get another job, even bartending, or teaching wine tasting classes, even teach at a community college elective class on wine, professor? I feel you have charm just based on what you've said so far.
>>
>>600190776
I know being single sucks ass, but you'll find someone if you try hard enough. For now, enjoy you life as a bachelor and stay up until 2 I. The morning with your homies fucking around and having a good time
>>
>>600203425

That actually sounds pretty dope.
>>
>>600203762

capped.
>>
>>600204522
Yeah I've heard a lot of people who didn't even major in marketing getting marketing jobs. I just hope that I will end up liking accounting, because I really don't want to work in fast food forever.

>>600204689
I know, but it's the shitty feeling after I don't like. I feel like a loser once I cum...idk why. I only jerk off 1-3 a month, so it's not like i have a problem.
>>
>>600204210

you're prob right.

that's what everyone else does.
>>
>>600203762
This.

Social media is a constant cry out into the electrical ether:

"Please! My life is shit, but here's something I did recently that didn't suck! Please! Validate my by clicking "like" so I know I haven't hit rock bottom because it sure feels like I have."

The only thing I miss from Facebook are my really good friends that moved out of the US or did the stuff I wanted to do when I was younger. One girl is a NOLS instructor now and is a bad-fuckin'-ass chick. Her pics come up ever few months when she gets back to computer. She posts videos from her helmet cam doing white water rafting and free climbing hundreds of feet. That stuff I awesome, shoulda locked that girl down when I had the chance and gone with her, but her adventures don't inspire jealous or envy, they're just inspiring.
>>
>>600204347

Yeah.

OP here.

my brother has a kid and that kid is pretty great, but at the same time he looks terrible. Like he is in terrible terrible health.

and his wife does not work, so he has to win the bread.
>>
>>600198499
>>600198713

This. Doing something different to shake up your life is the way to go. I have a decent job and a great girlfriend but I missed the spontaneity and of bumping into new people and from my college days and even when you've got things going for you, you'll still be missing something.

Your social pool severely diminishes once you get into a routine of work and go home and feeling like you're working yourself until you die was majorly depressing. I started playing guitar for the hell of it a year and a half ago on impulse just take shake things up from the monotony. Once I got competent, started doing open mics at local coffee shops and music stores. Now I've got a decent network of musicians who I invite to my house every so often to jam and hang out because I've got decent gear due to having a decent job. Suddenly I wanted to work harder and do better at work so I could get cooler shit for my home studio and have more people come over and make better tracks and do cooler performances out at open mics with random ass strangers. My girlfriend is cool with it too. Life is good now. There is a group of people somewhere out there that share your interests and passions. Don't be afraid to go find them.
>>
>>600205485
Have you looked into a trade or apprenticeship? There's a lot to say about working with your hands and doing tangible things. You're in fast food and at CC, you say, but you're employed and are pursuing education, yet still down on yourself. You're getting there Man it doesn't happen over night. you'll look back on these times.
>>
File: fitness instructor.jpg (66KB, 548x700px) Image search: [Google]
fitness instructor.jpg
66KB, 548x700px
>>600204754

I'll date 5's and up. not picky looks wise. And i'm not a bad looking guy myself.

I'll date any race.

mainly they just need to be:

smart
nice
funny

not too much to ask is it?
>>
>>600205485

Dude, I jerk off in a day, the same amount you do in a month. How do you live?
>>
>>600205485
Shit dude, those must be explosive cumshots. I've got a gf and still jerk it once a day when I don't see her.
>>
>>600205670

>NOLS

whats that
>>
>>600205973

> Your social pool severely diminishes once you get into a routine of work and go home and feeling like you're working yourself until you die was majorly depressing

so true.
>>
>>600206168
Yeah I told myself I was gonna stop being a negative cunt this year. It's been pretty brutal so far, but I know I have to move forward.

Thanks for the positive feedback man.
I know /b/ is known for being dickish, but it's people like you that make this cancerous site less cancerous.
>>
>>600190776
Im that one guy who married his dream girl and has that dream job, where i work 4 to 6 hours 4 times a week and get paid a shitload of money, i have a 1 year old baby girl who is gorgeous and we often take a break and travel.. yeah and im the same guy who envies you for your life. sometimes you want wot u dont have, not knowing that hhaving it is actually a huge burden. I suggest since u get paid well, that u take a break and travel.. and try to find a hobby. this might sound like a cliche but life really is wot u make it
>>
>>600206514
lol yeah my loads are thick as fuck.
>>
>>600206878

what do you do?
>>
File: 600_jen-nikolaisen-52415.jpg (64KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
600_jen-nikolaisen-52415.jpg
64KB, 600x749px
>>600190776

Thanks for posting this OP

I'm in the same situation. I'm 28 and I'll be finishing school in 3 months. I have a pretty bright future ahead of me but these last couple of years have nearly driven me insane.

>no friends
>no social
>bored out of my mind
>not enough money to do what I want

I really want to live life to the fullest but I've hit a lethargic point in my life and I'm having trouble getting out. What do I do? I'm pretty alone and I don't think that'll change any time soon.
>>
>>600207564
I own fashion photography studios and a model agency
>>
>>600206878
I feel you. I know once you own a house and you've got a family, spontaneity and the ability to up and leave or try living in a new country just isn't one of those things that's gonna happen. A lot of people don't realize how valuable time is. Getting it all in while you're young and have no obligations in your 20s is the way to go and then settling down with no regrets in your 30s is the next way to go from what my 30 something friends told me.

I hung out with the dean of my university though and he's had the most badass life ever. It took him 8 years to finish his undergrad because he spent those years also touring with his metal band in the 80s. Once was done with the music scene, he settled down into academics, got a phd from harvard, became a history professor and is now the dean of a major university. I can only hope I live a life half as cool.
>>
File: Abraham-Drinkin.jpg (69KB, 602x850px) Image search: [Google]
Abraham-Drinkin.jpg
69KB, 602x850px
>>600207690

welcome man.

stay up bretheryn.
>>
>>600207930

nice.

so tough at first, but once you make your mark, that's a cool business.

good for you.

u ever fuck the models?
>>
>>600190776
27 here, no college, but work as a civil engineer with no problem, it has been like that for 8 years straight, I fuck my gf of 7 years and I don't get paid very well because of my lack of degree, even though I'm quite honestly better than all of the engineers I've worked with. Or at least, most of them. My life is pretty boring, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't even go to clubs. Fuck I don't even save for a car because I always spend the money on something else and I usually sleep in public transportation so I'm always in my comfort zone. Always.

Anyone here has noticed how years go by super faster when you grow older?
>>
>>600208500

yep, time is very exponential.

the more you have accumulated the faster it goes by.
>>
>>600207690
Try up and moving to a different state or country, either a place with more people or a place with low cost of living. One guy from my college once up and left to got to Alaska and worked an 80 hour a week job crabbing. Last I heard, he came back with a shit ton of money and put himself through law school with perfect scores. I've heard other stories of people backpacking across Europe or Asia for cheap and earning their keep teaching English for small bursts of time along the way.
>>
>>600208710
I still think of 2009 like it was last year man
>>
File: IMG_3875.jpg (166KB, 1152x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3875.jpg
166KB, 1152x532px
Thank the lord younger chicks dig older man
>>
>>600209064

I can't believe the year 2000 was 15 fucking years ago.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.