[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Loss Prevention at a major United States department store here.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 20

Loss Prevention at a major United States department store here.

Ask me whatever the fuck you want.

Just watching the game and drinking some beer.

Tips on stealing or whatever. It's easier than you think and most people go about it wrong.

Post what you do and I'll tell you what to change or do better etc etc.
>>
File: MKL.jpg (119KB, 674x870px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MKL.jpg
119KB, 674x870px
What was your GPA in the tenth grade?

Have you ever broken any bones? And how?
>>
>Tip 1

Most stores have extremely outdated cameras, monitors and equipment. You should always assume you are being watched with state-of-the-art, but you most likely will not be.
>>
>>595944681

I don't steal, but i used too in high school. I usually get away with it because I don't act shifty as fuck and I don't dress like a hoodlum.
>>
>>595944875
Like 2.0 I did very bad in school but I don't regret it.

>>595945057
>I usually get away with it because I don't act shifty as fuck and I don't dress like a hoodlum.

Those are good tips. We aren't supposed to profile, but eventually you learn to because profiling is usually extremely accurate.
>>
Should I get the general tso chicken or kung pao chicken?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 400x333px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 400x333px
>>595944681
I wanna steal a few pairs of headphones, I already look like a innocent white citizen, so no worries about being attacked by a K-9 unit

But what exactly do the detectors by the main entrance set off exactly? Just the electronics and shit with those little black circle things tied to them? Or everything?
>>
>Tip 2

You are smart by bringing in bags from others stores. A person carrying a bag that is anything other than 100% full is instantly on the watch list.

Backpacks, bags, large purses. Instant shit list.

>>595945383
General Tso's
>>
>Tip 3

Make sure you masturbate in the changing room as much as you can. There are no cameras in there.
>>
>>595945522
aren't smart*

Whoops.

You would be surprised by how many people think they are smooth by bringing in 3 empty bags from another store. They get busted precisely 100% of the time.

>>595945430
Those little black things just make noise if you try to break them. Like a siren. They don't set off alarms, but if you walk through a door with them you will get busted since they are easy to spot.

Plus most electronics stores have their LP at the door, like Best Buy. I mostly know about stealing clothes and accessories.
>>
>Tip 3

We watch employees closely. Employees usually account for over 50% of the shortage in the store.

Voiding transactions and passing off the merch to someone like they paid for it looks good on camera, but we can see every transaction as it happens. Do something like that and we get alerted instantly, so we look into it and fire you.
>>
>Tip 4

Best way to steal is to enter the store, grab something by the door and run out the door.

You will not get caught if you do this.

The people who get caught are the ones who try to be sneaky, slow and play the camera.
>>
>>595945944
>bringing bags from other stores

A anon once told me how he brought empty target bags that were hidden in his pocket to target, and got away with headphones and an iPad. By filling those bags when no one was looking
>>
>>595946521
That can work. If you appear sketchy and instantly come out from behind a shelf with a bag full of shit then we grab you.

I've had people come in with empty shopping bags in their hands then try to steal stuff.
>>
>>595944681
How did you get into this job?
>>
>Tip 5

The fitting rooms.

>Buy shit from anywhere
>take 50 shirts into fitting room
>put shirt into bag
>walk out door with no detector
We know you stole, but can't do anything about it since we don't have proof.

We have to be 100% sure because of liability reasons.

I can watch you put a SMALL item in your pocket and can't do anything because you might throw it away when behind a shelf.
This happened today actually. Guy stole a watch and I just watched him leave.

>>595946982
I asked.
>>
>>595945326
>Those are good tips. We aren't supposed to profile, but eventually you learn to because profiling is usually extremely accurate.


Exactly how I treat racism.
>>
>>595946877
Makes sense, guy did it on Black Friday when everyone was too busy to give a shit.

But I thought employees couldn't stop someone for assuming shoplifting?
>>
>>595947398
Black Friday is the day to do it. LP is bogged down to the max. They will get like 10-15 people, but they can only process so many.

If you go at the start you can walk out the door with anything you want. We just sit there and watch people run out with armloads of shit and can't do anything about it.


>But I thought employees couldn't stop someone for assuming shoplifting?
Employees usually can't stop anyone as that is LPs job. If we aren't 100% sure then we aren't supposed to get you, but when we just know from intuition then we risk it.

If we get someone that didn't shoplift then we get in MAJOR trouble. You can get terminated for that shit.
>>
>>595947398
They can assume shoplifting but there's nothing they can do and move places have a tag camera t get your license plate # in order to prosecute. Not OP just work asset protection at walmart.
>>
>>595947398

What employees can legally do depends on a million things. And they can always just deyain you physically anyway, even illegally, and most cops arent going to side with a shoplifter. Some stores have policies of -prudence- but you should never assume that lp cant chase, tackle, and beat you.

Laws dont protect them from your thefy, after all. They wont protect you from either... unless youre a cute white girl, and thats still not 100%
>>
File: 4014-wait-what.jpg (8KB, 188x220px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4014-wait-what.jpg
8KB, 188x220px
>>595948317
>unless youre a cute white girl, and thats still not 100%
Mmm, dem cute white girls.
>>
>Tip 5

Here's the big score.

Store have a jewelry section? NOT a jewelry STORE but a jewelry SECTION. You would never want to do this at a jewelry store.

Ask to see a several thousand dollar ring.

If they hand it to you and don't get on the phone to call someone about it prior, then run your ass off.

Oh, and park your car like a million miles away so cameras don't get your plates, or get fake plates.

A picture of your face doesn't matter because the police won't give a shit. Just don't hit the same TYPE of store twice. Like if you hit a Dillard's, then don't hit another Dillard's because they share pictures with each other.
>>
>>595944681

Tips for getting into the field?? I have a BA in Criminal Justice but don't want to be LEO
>>
>>595948770
Call stores, ask to speak to loss prevention, tell them how bad you want a job with them.

Repeat until you get a job.

>>595948317
If you get stopped by LP then threaten their life with a gun. They will walk away exactly 100% of the time and you are free to go with the merchandise.

If you get some crazy black dude though he might tackle your ass and you will be charged with felonies out the ass. So make sure you could beat them in a fist fight if you needed to.
>>
File: 1421862529450.jpg (10KB, 184x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421862529450.jpg
10KB, 184x240px
>>595945004
Most stores don't rely on cameras for catching thieves. OP is a complete fraud and a faggot.

Large stores have undercover shoppers, cameras are used for prosecution.

In order to stop someone the undercover shopper has to see the item get selected by the person, see them hide it, and then not lose sight of them throughout their time in the store.

Cameras are rarely relied on.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>595949281

>>Threaten their life with a gun.

Also turns your minor ahoplifting charge into Armed Robbery...great advice
>>
>>595949281
>tell them how bad you want a job with them.
I say this because LP usually hire highly motivated people since it's an easy job to be lazy in and just check out loli ass all day on camera.

It really is a fun job though. Feels crazy stopping someone and telling them they stole, then sending them to jail.
>>
File: you-potato.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you-potato.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>595949281
>threaten their life with a gun.
great way to extend your sentencing. a real thief would say nothing and keep walking, since LP can't arrest.

Again, terrible advice, you are a faggot.

No one listen to this asshole.
>>
>>595949618

Alright, well how about things to expect/tips for the trade
>>
>>595949785

LP can illegally detain you, but agreed. That threat makes shoplifting into armed robbery
>>
>>595949618
this is such bullshit and not what a day in the life of someone working security is like.

most people are on the floor, not in a camera room.
>>
>>595944681

Lets say my hypothetical cat Iwas hungry and that i was hypothetically detained with some goods on me to feed it. Lets say that lp made an agreement with me to pay for the shit and get off with a CTW, and management decided to arrest and prosecute criminally anyway. I realize that it was hypothetically stupid as shit to believe lp (since they dont make the decision and were hypothetically just getting me to cooperate) but to what degree do you think i can argue ambiguous and unclear treatment under the law?

No real malice at hypothetical lp. He was pretty chill and nonjudgmental, but it was a pretty dirty trick by management.

Im going to ask this one outright. Why cant you look the other way when its goddamn bread?
>>
>>595949571
>n order to stop someone the undercover shopper has to see the item get selected by the person, see them hide it, and then not lose sight of them throughout their time in the store.

Confirmed for never being LP. It goes like this

>see someone suspicious on camera
>send someone to floor to watch
>person on floor sees different shit then what camera does
>camera has CONSTANT observation
>floor LP only occasionally looks

Guy on the floor is either there to burn the case by being seen and talking into a mic loudly nearby saying "Yeah, these guys are totally stealing, get to the door and take them if they don't drop it." or to be close to them for when they exit.

LP on floor rarely sees shit.

>>595949575
Yeah but it's against protocol to go after someone threatening yours, or anyone else's, life. We can use force to subdue otherwise.
>>
File: Tera_Patrick_1.jpg (73KB, 600x914px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Tera_Patrick_1.jpg
73KB, 600x914px
>>595944681
How did /gif GET >>>/gif/6777777 ?
>>
>>595949928
>LP can illegally detain you
For stores large enough to have a Loss Prevention department, they would rather suffer the loss than the liability of getting sued for illegally holding someone.

If someone did that, they'd get fired immediately.
>>
I am a manager at a medium-sized retail store: an international chain.

We have literally NO loss prevention. No AP officer, nobody watching the cameras, nothing. The only people they catch are repeat offenders who get caught stealing on camera. The next time they come in, we call the cops immediately and chances are they stole something.

That being said, our shrink rate is still pretty low. I attribute it to the fact that i am located in the midwest, where people still somewhat care about honesty and values and jebus n such, and also the economy is stellar in my area.
>>
>>595949785
>great way to extend your sentencing. a real thief would say nothing and keep walking, since LP can't arrest.

We carry handcuffs and we DO put you in them if you resist UNLESS you say you have a weapon or start swinging.

It's pretty common for people to start pushing and saying GTFO, we just put them in handcuffs and take them to the office.
>>
File: 1422488611841.jpg (50KB, 520x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422488611841.jpg
50KB, 520x480px
>>595950067
Correct. I have never been in LP, but still know more than you, which is the reason all your advice and feedback reads like complete nigger garbage.
>>
>>595950257
what store/state
>>
>>595950258
>We carry handcuffs and we DO put you in them if you resist
What state do you work in?
>>
>>595949929
Nope. Larger stores usually have 2-3 on camera and the rest on the floor, but they are only on the floor to see what the camera doesn't (which isn't much most of the time).

>>595950257
Ballsy, I respect it. Is your store not worried about lawsuits or the fact that if you call the cops for a false call then your store is fined usually over 1000 dollars?
>>
>>595945935
When I was working at Kmart someone shit in the fitting room
>>
>>595949785

They may not be able to arrest, but whwn there are three giant black dudes surrounding you, and blocking the doors, past the point of sale, you cant just go with the "keep walking" thing.

They arent going to try to stop you unless they seriously are sure, at least thats my experience
>>
>>595947291
>Guy stole a watch and I just watched him leave.
i lol'd
>>
>>595950478
Minnesota, toys r us
>>
>>595950498
I will say that my store is all over the United States and the training is the same for every state.

>>595950378
Well I am LP and thought like you did before I became LP. Just chill and listen, I'm trying to help.

The site states everything is a work of fiction, so if you don't believe it, then move along.
>>
>>595950145

It depends on a lot. Probably themost important factor is how often the store is shoplifted from. Then whether or not youre black.
>>
>Tip 6

A lot of cameras are dummy cameras and do nothing but make you think they are real.

These cameras usually have a blinking red light, but even if they don't, it doesn't mean they are real.

Half of my store's cameras are fake. If the dome is completely black with no noticeable little clear circle where the lense is, then it's a fake.

Also the real cameras have a shiny black dome while 90% of our fake cameras have a dull colored black dome with no shine.
>>
>>595950568
Mainly, i think it is a funding issue. Toys R Us aint doing so hot over-all as a chain. And we only call the cops if we are 100% golden sure that we can get em. We only get about 4 - 5 people a year.

And the police aren't very litigious up here. Actually, not very many people sue or press charges.
>>
How can you spot an lp worker? Any tell tale signs?
>>
File: 1422832773805.jpg (49KB, 324x299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422832773805.jpg
49KB, 324x299px
>>595944681
I'll normally pick the iteam up, normally something small. Ig ZzzQuill or some headphones. Then I'll slip into an isle with no one in it and will slip it into my pocket. Also have stolen underware / socks. By taking a pack or two and going into the changing room. Putting them all on and then walking into the store with 7 pair of boxers on
>>
File: 1422339713357.png (325KB, 667x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422339713357.png
325KB, 667x720px
>>595950873
Lies.

Most states it is illegal for you to detain.

OP is quadruple confirmed for full of crap.
>>
Former shoplifter here. I'll tell you all my tips, how I did it, and how I was finally caught.

Tips
>If you can do it without making it hugely obvious, look for cameras. No store is 100% with cameras, and if you can find a blind spot, take items there. Like OP said, they need to see you conceal the item to stop you.
>Don't hit the same store over and over
>Don't hit the same spot in a store over and over
>Don't have any pattern. Patterns are what gets you caught. If you come in every third tuesday of the month at 2:33 AM and steal a watch, they will eventually get you.
>If you're caught, don't resist the LP's. Go quietly, and save yourself the shame.
>Carry a knife. Taking shit out of packaging is great to get past sensors
>Sensors are set off by a small metalic strip. Assume everything has this strip on it or in the packaging.
>Be fast
>Be white

How I got caught:
I hit the same store too many times, and made habits out of it. I was sentenced to a bullshit 'anti-shoplifting' programme.
>>
>>595951340
>We only get about 4 - 5 people a year.
What the fuck, man? I stopped 6 people from stealing LAST NIGHT by burning them.

>>595951481
Yep. We look exactly like a shoplifter.

When I was new, employees would call my phone to tip me off about a potential shoplifter that was actually me.

Keep walking into different departments and looking around. We will know you're going to steal because you're walking around and looking everywhere, but if you keep seeing the same guy then drop the shit on the ground and walk out.

>>595951720
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loss+prevention+handcuffs
>>
>>595951481
look for the big black dude in a sports jersey
>>
File: 1422152254777.png (236KB, 736x416px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422152254777.png
236KB, 736x416px
>>595951259
>A lot of cameras are dummy cameras
Also wrong.

Walmarts have mostly working cameras. Cameras are extremely inexpensive now and dummies are rarely used anymore. For the cost to install a dummy camera on an IP camera system, after labor etc it isn't much more to install a real one.

For example, Walmarts have between 350-400 cameras, working, and they have about a 97% uptime.
>>
>>595951700
That boxers/socks idea is genius. Even if someone catches you, they aren't going to make you take off your pants (in which case you could claim sexual harassment)
>>
We robbed a store of four ps3 games. We put them in the waist bands of our shirts and then got some drink and payed for the drink. Walked out like thats all we came for.
>>
>>595952177
If you are in certain states, you can detain. Most states, you can't.

Anyone listening to OPs advice is on a fast pass to jail though.
>>
>>595952386
haha thanks we used to do it in middle school a lot
>>
>>595944681
I walk into Walmart or target. Put on a pair of shoes
>I do this right in plain site. Usually in front of an employee
>I look them in the eye as I do it.
>rip off tag and place my old shoes in box or on rack
>walk away continue shopping and forget to put tag on counter
>get to my car and drive away with no problems
>>
OP, how many cases do you catch and what department is most likely to get hit?
>>
>>595952293
>Walmarts have mostly working cameras
Impressive.
We don't. A lot of our cameras are dummies. I think I have outlined a decent way to tell if they are fake though. This leads me into..

>Tip 7
Don't look at the cameras! You look at the cameras, and we see you look at them, that means you're being watched for the rest of your visit.
>>
>>595948612
Why not run in with a ski mask or something?
>>
>>595944681
Stole a shitload of stuff from walmart. After my daughter was born i would take her in with an empty diaper bag and fill it with stuff. Food, baby formula, diapers, pretty much anything. I got a razer naga and a high end logitech keyboard from doing this before they put the alarms on the things. Also stole a SHIT load of video games. Im like 95% sure the reason my local walmart has games in the glass cases now is because of me. Never used to have them until i started stealing.
>>
>>595952734
>getting shoes from walmart
>stealing shoes from walmart
>>
>>595952386
Yep.

Those departments are usually a top shortage because it's too easy to just put on boxers in a fitting room or bras or panties. Same with underarmor etc.

If we can't see it, then we don't go for it. Liability is what I'm trying to put into your heads here. If we aren't sure, you're free to walk out.
>>
How much do you get paid?
>>
Never assume stores don’t have a detector. Many stores have them hidden in the walls and floors, as well as small ones that are on the ceiling. PLEASE remove all tags if you’re going to lift.
If a staff member is in any way onto you (giving you the stank eye, customer servicing you to death, etc) PUT THE ITEMS BACK AND LEAVE. Don’t take the risk.
Don’t take things to impress your friends. Shoplifting is an extremely greedy thing to begin with, don’t take things you don’t need.
Never steal from mom n’ pop shops. Ever. EVER. This includes small cafes, antique stores, etc.
Don’t get cocky because you had previous success. Always assume that the security is high.
Be nice to the employees. Greet them with a smile, ask questions about things, etc. This is a complete game changer for me.
Don’t carry a giant empty bag with you to steal from. I promise this makes you stick out like a fuckin sore thumb.
Keep the packaging. Look inside and outside of it and rip off any security stickers, then put the product back in the packaging. If a staff member sees you taking something out of the packaging and leaving it somewhere, they’re gonna be hella onto you and barcodes do not go off.
>>
>>595947291
OP, what is your annual salary? How many years in the biz? What was your starting pay? Benefits??
>>
>>595952497
>Anyone listening to OPs advice is on a fast pass to jail though.

Well i suppose that is his job.
>>
>>595953120
Yah If I buy my Adidas or nikes I ruin a pair in 3 months or less
>decided I save about 500 a year by just buying 1 pair of Adidas for going out and just walk out with all other shoes
>>
>>595953314
Don’t conceal items in makeup sections of drugstores or anywhere else that there are hella cameras. This should go without saying. Conceal in the grocery area, bedding section or toy section.
Find blindspots. Scope out the store RIGHT when you walk in and don’t make it super obvious by looking right at the camera before you’re about to conceal something (if you can’t find a blindspot).
Don’t make a booster bag. This isn’t worth it if you get caught. This is so dumb. You’ll get in way more trouble if you get caught with a booster bag than without.
Don’t steal in the company of someone who isn’t aware that you’re shoplifting. This is straight up cruel and unfair. And NEVER EVER slip things into their bags. I’m sorry but if you do this… you’re dumb and rude and I don’t like you.
Don’t return to a store you lifted at within the same week.
If you get caught for the first time, end it. Stop. Don’t do it anymore if you can control it.
Do not lift if you’re 18+ if it’s not things like groceries and tampons (essentials), it’ll be a lot worse for you if you get caught.
If you lift something $200+, get the fuck out of there. Don’t get caught with that shit dude. Like designer handbags, jewellery and electronics are nuthin’ to fuck with.
Work fast. When you’re concealing, checking for tags. BE QUICK AS POSSIBLE. Don’t like rummage like a madman, but be quick and get it done asap.
Look at the prices of items, act like you’re an actual shopper.
Do not act suspicious. If you’re someone with high anxiety and it shows, don’t fuckin lift. You’re going to get caught if you’re acting weird. Things to help is taking some benzos (only if you’re prescribed ofc), listening to music in one ear, idk things that relax you.
>>
>hungry as shit
>head into local Sunoco with my friend
>haven't been in there in months because only niggers work there and they're all dickheads to you for no reason
>wearing a decent sized coat on
>wait for nigger to turn around to grab smokes for my friend
>grab a $6 Italian hoagie from the little cold food stand they have
>put it in my outside coat pocket because my jacket was already zipped up and I only had so much time to do this
>walk out of the store before my friend is even done buying his shit
>success.jpg

It was ok, didn't get me sick or anything. It was just dry as fuck. Definitely not worth $6 so I didn't feel bad taking it.

How did I do?
>>
>>595944681
Why is it so easy to steal from you fuckers
>>
>>595953067
Ever get caught?
>>
>>595953045
You can. The drawers are locked though and some random ass shopper might step in.
>>
>>595944681
Just wondering, would you guys try to detain/tackle a guy that is open carrying? I don't have a gun and don't plan to get one, but you read about gun nuts shooting at people for stepping on their lawn or knocking, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was to shoot at LP for touching them and scream "muh 2nd amendment"
>>
A 'friend' used to steal ipods back in 2006 or so from one of those Best kinda stores.
He got the magnetic/rfid strip and put it in his shoe and walked INTO the store well dressed and casual.
Alarms went off and he would smile and laugh with the person at the front gate/door about how that happens all the time and how he just doesn't know what it is that's setting these off all over town when he goes anywhere.
He has a chuckle with the door guy/girl and shops his shit. Grabs an ipod and puts it in the cart with other shit and goes to the blind spot.
Pantses the ipod and keeps shopping.
Checks out and pays for the little items he put in the cart.
Leaves, setting off the alarm and the door guy just laughs and waves him out.

He got at least 6 ipods this way
>>
>>595953808
stupid. youre on fucking camera. can't wait till you go in again and they are harping on you. No wonder they are fucking assholes. you stole literally right behind him with cameras all over. youre ballsy as fuck.
>>
>>595954136
I never did, but my girlfriend was an idiot about it and never checked for the metal strips on makeup. Had the alarm went off a couple times because of it. Every time an employee just came over and asked to see the receipt and then looked at what we bought. The trick was to not go back through the alarm after it goes off. Then itll go off again when you leave
>>
>>595954266
too risky. Surprised he's never been asked to turn his pockets.
>>
LP working in an extremely nigger infested area here.

Just want to confirm to you niggers and proto niggers that in plenty of jurisdictions, there is a statute called Merchants Priviledge. Look it up. There is nothing illegal about detaining you for shoplifting.

It's always hilarious when someone tries to tell me that I can't touch them. It seems to work pretty well.
>>
>>595945326
Race created profiling, not the other way around. In loss prevention, police, fbi etc, you have to profile to be good at your job, numbers don't lie.

-I actually am a robot.
>>
>>595944681
what store is this/?
>>
>>595953314
Good advice.

Also

LOOK AT PRICE TAGS

I write most people off as shoppers and move to someone else once they look at a price tag.

Most thieves go through shit like a candy store and never look at the prices. Even our loaded ass shoppers that buy 5k worth of shit in one trip still look at prices. Never had anyone not look at prices and not try to steal.

>>595953335
12 Hourly. It's not much. Don't expect me to fight you for store merchandise unless I'm in a bad mood or something. Full benefits.

>>595953808
If it was cold outside then you did fine. A lot of thieves wear big ass coats when it's like 80 outside.

Also hats and sunglasses put you on a watchlist instantly too.

Basically the training has you looking for baggy clothing, coats in warm weather, hats, sunglasses, empty bags, large purses, shifty eyes. A lot of it is based on behavior because not everyone bags stuff, they will just throw a shirt over their shoulder and walk out.
>>
>ITT some of the worst boosting advice I've ever read.
>>
>>595954266
nice!
fuck stores
>>
>>595944681
How do you even get this sort of job? I would love it honestly. Do you just go up and ask like
>yea I wanna be in your loos prevention service
>>
>>595947291
That's actually true, if they don't see you take something and start walking out the store they can't stop and ask since you could sue if you actually weren't stealing. So just take something hide it in your pockets and walk around for go in fitting room/bathroom for awhile then leave.
>>
>>595954194

Two steps here:

First, an LP would never engage someone who has a weapon. Or at least shouldn't. Engaging or detaining someone with a weapon will get you fired regardless of the outcome.

Second, Open and Concealed carry licenses require the user be knowledgable of gun laws. Their gun cannot be legally used to commit a crime. So if they are confronted while commiting a crime and use their weapon to defend themselves from being detained, whether it be citizens arrest, loss prevention or LEO, they have no legal protection.
>>
>>595944681
I'm a runner. Marathon runner. I can run a mile in 6 min, that's much faster than 95% of the population. My gf was shoplifting once (like $10 shit), and on her way out of the store, an associate called out for her and asked her to come with him.

What if I dash for it? I could probably get away with it. No offense, but LPs aren't Olympic athletes. What do you guys generally do in that case? Call police and give description?
>>
Tell me if this will work:
>bring large bag to Walmart (like 40 gallon black trash bag or a sleeping bag)
>push shit off the shelves into said bag
>walk into a restroom like nothing happened
>put store shit in another bag
>buy a drink and some food at restaurant (McDonalds/Subway) in the store
>walk out of the store like nothing happened
>>
>>595955081
>Basically the training has you looking for baggy clothing, coats in warm weather, hats, sunglasses, empty bags, large purses, shifty eyes.
Nigger here, the amount of LP time and resources I've wasted acting overtly suspicious is hilarious!!
I zigzag the store in baggy hoodies, make erratic changes of direction, wander off into the blind spots, pick up merchandise and walk to the other side of the store with it in my hand, and then drop it somewhere just for the fucking lulz!

You wanna profile? I'll guarantee I will waste a great deal of your time.
>>
>>595955818

Were you trying to describe a perfect way to spend the night in jail?
>>
File: dogsmack.jpg (199KB, 1385x845px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dogsmack.jpg
199KB, 1385x845px
>>595944681
Have you ever been fucked in the ass?
>>
>>595954742
>numbers don't lie.
Yeah, but they train you against that by saying

"The only reason the statistics are like that is because everyone is only watching nignogs because they are profiling"

I shit you not.

>>595955208
>boosting
Never use booster bags. Better to just book it out the store. We have 7 booster bags in our office, most of them shoe boxes full of aluminum foil.

>>595955671
Perfect. We can follow into bathrooms (I have) but not into fitting rooms. Go into both and you're fine as long as you aren't wearing shit in plain sight.

I've had people walk into the store, put on a coat, walk into a fitting room and try to go out the door. They went to jail.
>>
File: dindunuffin&#.jpg (401KB, 2500x1913px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dindunuffin&#.jpg
401KB, 2500x1913px
>>595955208
>>595954266
>>595953808
>>595953604

this is how you do it dumb ass read on and learn a thing or 2

>into convenient store with friend
>walk up to registrar and grab cigars
>get confronted by owner? just grab him and rough him up a bit im bigger then him anyway
>walk out of the store and act casual by walking in the middle of the road

you might of heard about my recent success in the news
>>
>>595945935
can I bring a drill in there and make a peephole into the ladies' changing room?
>>
>>595955813
>What do you guys generally do in that case?
Take screenshots of your face from when you walked by cameras, put a BOLO out with your pictures and what you stole.

It doesn't matter though. None of the stores we send that to will stop you unless they are 100% sure you are stealing form them as well.

If we get your license plate and have 100% proof then that's a different story.
>>
>>595949985
its seems hard for the store to argue that you shoplifted considering you paid for your shit (granted after the loss prevention guy stopped you).

Were you past the last point of sale when they stopped you?

Did you admit to the shoplifting to the LP?

I might try to argue that you simply made a mistake and didn't intend to shoplift. When LP pointed out that you were, you happily corrected your mistake by paying for the cat food
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgyvSOCR6A

>>595956141
>get told by po-leece to stop walking in the middle of the road
>get confronted by officer just grab him and rough him up a bit im bigger then him anyway
>reach for gun
>try to run away
>get a full mag emptied into my back
>become Obama's son and a national hero
>>
I'm a bag boy at the grocery store. Sometimes you can just pretend you forgot something small in your cart like a bottle of soap or a drink or candy and the cashier won't notice, you'll be able to walk right out and if you're caught it's easily denied by just saying you forgot
>>
>>595950067
I work at a grocery store, and undercover shoppers (also called 'secret shoppers') are different from an LP. They don't do anything with the cameras or that silly shit. They wear plain clothes, and just pretend to shop and watch people all day. There's usually 2-3 of them who talk to each other so that they can watch an individual 100% of the time without being noticed. They have the same power as an LP in that they can tackle your ass. And at my store, they're payed quite well, so don't expect them to just watch you walk out.
>>
>>595955686
>>595955686
>require the user be knowledgable of gun laws
I mean, come on. Most people who own guns do NOT know the laws and shoot at people for stupid shit. Most of them don't lock their guns. A large percentage of gun deaths are kids who get into parents gun because people don't lock guns up.

>they have no legal protection.
Not saying the second amendment protects them, but I'm saying there's the possibility of a gun-nut doing this kind of thing.

>Engaging or detaining someone with a weapon will get you fired regardless of the outcome.

How come? What if they are concealed carrying? Even a "sir please come with me" type of detainment?
>>
>>595956141
underrated post
>>
>>595955818
Wait what?

Stores I work at have an item rule. You can literally walk into a fitting room with a shirt, walk out with no shirt, fitting room doesn't have the shirt, and you can walk out with no problems.

At our stores we can only apprehend you if you take 2 items while in a fitting room. Liability reasons.

Most people grab like 100 shirts and take them into a fitting room with a bag from another store, shove a few shirts in that bag, then leave.

If we don't know exactly what's been taken, and it's not two items, then we try to burn the case by going up and saying over a radio "Yeah, get loss prevention to every exit, he's got it in the bag" in an attempt to get you to drop it.
>>
>>595956405

I have terrible luck with license plates.

Just because you got into that car and drove away in it, doesn't mean that the name that the car is registered to comes back to you.
Usually I have to have one of my off-duty police officers run the plates, and if the owner has involvement we can get a mug shot. If that shot matches you then we can file some charges.

If none of those things happen, then it has to go to a detective. And what are the chances of a detective taking a case for a $49 stereo? Not bloody likely.
>>
>>595956873
Those guys who walk the store and watch the cameras are the same people at my store.
>>
You should also be aware that in most states it is burglary of an occupied premise, a class a felony, if you steal from the back room or from behind the counter, not retail theft, which is what pros call shoplifting.
>>
>>595957029
>>595956670
I got my 'rillos do

>>595956670
shit, those liltte nigs must have been rattling as fuck out of the store
>>
op do you enjoy writing 100%?

jesus
>>
>>595949985
>I realize that it was hypothetically stupid as shit to believe lp

What exactly happened? He probably lied to get you to admit something like stealing another time or something. He wasn't supposed to do that though. I would take him to court because he will have to show up. The defense lawyer will rip him a new one because he said he would let you go.

I could actually see you getting money out of this. He would most likely be fired as well.
>>
>>595956931

There is BUYING a gun, and then there is having a License for concealed or open carry. The people you're describing didn't have a legal right to carry those weapons. im talking strictly from a legal standpoint here by the way.

Naturally if the weapon is concealed then you have no way of knowing they have one. Therefore once the weapon is revealed, the LP would disengage or be fired.
>>
>>595957135
What about those gay-as-fuck-tinted license plate covers that people in sketchy towns have? (I work as a valet in a high-crime city, I see a shit ton of license plates that are almost impossible to read unless you're 5 feet away and looking at it directly?
>>
>>595951720
This is idiotic. Absolutely can LP detain you.

Although if they do so wrongly there is helm to pay and many retailers want nothing of it so they instruct lp not to do so (but that's store policy, not the law).
>>
>>595957852

What about them?
Naturally it would be hard to read, but if you got the plate, same scenario.
>>
>>595957844
All of our stores have a sign saying no weapons under any circumstance. So CCL wouldn't help anyone legally here.
>>
>>595957844
Ahhh. See, I'm from Mass. Here we have very strict gun laws. Can't buy guns or ammo without a license to carry.
>>
>>595957852
My state makes license plate covers illegal.


If they are legal in your state then I feel bad for you son.
>>
>>595958181
Basically, can you ever read the plate from the camera if it's like that?
>>
You should also be ware that while retail theft of a cheap item for personal use is a misdemeanor, stealing that same item for resale or to return for a bogus refund is a felony.
Also, a felony if you engage in retail theft on three separate occasions in ten days in Washington state.
>>
>>595944681
Is it true you'll usually let me go if I just pocket some food and am obviously poor? I usually wait till I'm in an isle with no cameras and I've never been caught, but I always figured if I did get caught that I'd give them my sob story and offer to pay for the items with the money I need for my medication. It's a wallmart btw.
>>
>>595958270

Does it say No Weapons, or The Unlicensed Possession of a Weapon?
>>
File: babyfacewhiskey.jpg (66KB, 413x395px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
babyfacewhiskey.jpg
66KB, 413x395px
>>595955849
kek
>>
>>595958270

Those signs generally hold no legal weight.
>>
>>595956873
Neat. I would love that job.

I'm really good at following people on the floor. They NEVER know I'm following unless I let them know (burn).

The only thing like that our store has are these "secret shoppers" that check employees for courtesy. It's pretty lame. Our LP are like what your secret shoppers are.

I'm not really surprised that different stores have their own types of loss prevention though. Like we dictate who is on the floor and who is on camera depending on how many people are in the store...your corporate does that for you by hiring secret shoppers.

We don't get paid well though!
>>
>>595958505

Me personally? Where I work has state of the art PTZ cameras. I can read the text messages you're writing on your phone as you walk through the store.
Most other stores, probably not.
>>
>>595944681
Questions about radios/communications. I know managers usually have radios. In some stores, managers can talk directly to the intercom thru their radios.

If I were to go into your store with my own walkie, or hell, sit in the parking lot with a scanner+walkie and find your channel and talk/cause shit/be an asshole.

Do you guys have any way of tracking down who's doing it? Obviously if I'm in the store you can probably see me, but if I'm in a busy parking lot, I doubt you would.

Airports and gov buildings have a device to find the direction of where a certain radio transmission is coming from. Do you guys have any way to stop that? Or is it basically "switch to channel 2"?
>>
>>595944681
how the fuck do you know how you would steal? If you knew how to steal then you would make it impossible to steal that way thus doing your job. All you know is how to speculate about how someone might be stealing without you noticing. To find out how to steal you should ask someone who successfully steals things. Those types of people wouldn't give you info because it would make their criminal job harder. But please give us your bad advice.
>>
>>595957260
They are *kinda* the same people at my store, as the secret shoppers are also LPs. They rotate between stores and frequently change who the secret shoppers are to avoid people recognizing the LPs.
>>
>>595958875

Typically, if your story Is believable and doesn't set off my bullshit alarm, I'd buy the food for you. You still go in the system but it's a warning the first time.
>>
>>595945430
id still hit it
>>
>>595959053
Just because a store is open to the public does not mean anything goes. It is still private property and the owner can set restrictions on who enters and for what purpose. Ignoring those restrictions, if they are properly posted and comply with anti-discrimination laws, is trespassing.
>>
>>595959632
>Those types of people wouldn't give you info because it would make their criminal job harder. But please give us your bad advice.
Not OP but it's not like LP get paid per shoplifter and they generally make under $15. I doubt he gives a fuck if you steal, he stops people just because it makes the job interesting, otherwise he would sit on his ass and be bored out of his mind.
>>
>>595955849
I worry about this regularly actually.

It would be FAR more profitable for a person to pretend to steal, get stopped, and sue the store.

Really. You could make a profession out of it and it's totally legal.
Here's an example
>come into store with backpack, sunglasses and hat
>look at all the cameras to make sure you're being watched
>grab 4 cheap watches off shit watch shelf
>walk into blindspot and discard all watches
>go into bathroom
>walk fast as fuck towards door
>get stopped
>sue the fuck out of the store

Free money. "I was thinking about buying them but then decided I didn't want to" Only defense you need. 100k a year at least.
>>
>>595959053
They do because they are private property.

I've seen cops tackle and arrest people for carrying concealed weapons in our store.

Yeah they go to jail for a while.
>>
>>595944681
how can I steal a laptop from a store like say walmart and not get caught? the laptop boxes are in the metal cage
>>
File: trip.gif (52KB, 129x111px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trip.gif
52KB, 129x111px
>>595944681
>>595952031
> be Black / Hispanic
> decide to go shoplifting
> think it's going to be especially hard since i'm black in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood
> mfw no body bothers to look at me while i'm so nervous I can see my heart beating outside my shirt
> mfw I took a huge bag to Barnes and Noble and filled it with hundreds of dollars of books and comics.
Littledidheknowhemissed1tag.wav
> mfw the alarm for the door goes off and the lady looks at me and says "You're fine that thing goes off all the time."
> went back to that same spot several times for several years
> mfw I have a few thousand dollars of books fo free
>>
>>595944681
Do you guys keep track of people who steal small shit, and get them when you see them doing it enough?

A buddy of mine would steal shit under $10 from walmart: tools, energy drinks, etc. First 10 times he got away with it. Then one day he got caught. They only fined him for the last thing he stole, but I don't think you guys would stop every guy stealing a bag of skittles unless you see him doing it two or three times a week.
>>
>>595959917
God bless you sir.
>>
>>595959917
Are your cameras hardwired or wireless? If wireless would I be able to use a handheld device to watch the cameras with you?

Also , do you have problems with people flashing the cameras? As in lily-wavers.
>>
>>595955849
Nice.

That being said, most of the time LP follows a nigger around doing this shit, he was shoplifting, probably like 99% of the time.

Niggers not doing this shit are probably shoplifting about 50% of the time.

Shoplifting is a nigger past time.
>>
>>595944681
Why do you think your plebeian job is interesting?
>>
>>595960412

Would never work.

There is such a rule incorporated into the law as Reasonable Suspicion, for LEOs, and for LP associates it's worded more like 'a reasonable person.'

Basically when you give such overt outward signs, and they are missing only a tiny sliver of evidence where you ditched the merchandise, they are in the clear. The LP will argue that a reasonable person would believe you had the items with you and intended to steal them, and a judge will believe them.

Even if you could get it to work, it would work only once. You would be warned against your crayon eatting behavior, and a judge would dismiss your case the second time.
>>
>>595959632
I was actually arrested for stealing once. I've caught more people stealing in 3 days than my store did in the entire previous year...so....just giving tips, lol.


I once walked out of a Hobby Lobby with an entire set of 120 Prismacolor colored pencils in my pants. I used to be klepto and I'm good at catching SLs...so...listen or don't, don't give a shit bro.
>>
>>595960824
>If wireless would I be able to use a handheld device to watch the cameras with you?
Not a LP, I'm a network-security student.

Most stores have a public and private wifi. If they have wireless cameras, they are on the private network. It's usually protected very well (WPA2-Enterprise) and can't be cracked via brute-force or aircrack.
>>
>>595960412
In Washington state it is illegal to conceal merchandise in the store. Such as picking up a watch and dropping it in say the frozen food bin. retail theft 3.
>>
>>595960655
One time my ex girlfriends mom got stopped by walmart security for having her pruning shears in a little holster on her hip. She was in the garden section picking up some soil or something. They were really polite and just approached her and said mam were sorry but store rules prohibit carrying weapons. She showed them what it was and went on her way. Kinda funny though. Good thing she wasn't black.
>>
>Tip 69

DONT be a nigger
>>
>>595961316
Bummer, and thanks.
>>
>>595950104
holy shit
>>
>>595960806

I've only done it a couple times. Me and this one cop I work with caught a guy stealing formula for his baby. The cop bought him about 4 months worth of formula and diapers, and we conveniently forgot to file charges. That shit sure doesn't happen often though, so don't push it.
>>
>>595960824

Hard wired. And please don't show me your tackle. Even the female bits that we get video of arent all that fun to watch.
>>
>>595961326
It's illegal to put things back in the wrong place? How can they do that?
>>
I work at a Kmart and they have a room in back where LP watches people on camera. They also have these 2 specific guys who every now and then go onto the floor to watch people who are suspected of stealing stuff. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure even if they see you stealing something, they can't do shit unless you voluntarily remain in the store after being confronted. This one time, some guy walked in and shoved an expensive item into his pants and just left with it. The one LP person went into a rage after he left because they weren't allowed to do shit about physically detaining him. The dude just walked out the store with free shit.
>>
>>595961682
How I know? I wanted to hack into Walmart's private Wifi just to fuck with them. Very hard to do. (Evil twin AP method is the only way I can think of, other than jacking into an ethernet port, but sitting in the store with a laptop plugged into their wall would be very suspicious.)

The only thing I can do is kick all the devices connected to your network off. But that's as much as can be done easily and without sitting in the store for hours.
>>
>>595956931
>A large percentage of gun deaths are kids who get into parents gun because people don't lock guns up.

your full of shit

citation needed
>>
>>595960122

>http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?99834-Concealed-carry-in-stores-and-shops-with-quot-No-Weapons-quot-signs

>You break the law if you CC without a permit. If you enter a building while CCing that's posted "No Firearms," you are not breaking the law, as the law doesn't specifically cover that. It does cover if you refuse to leave a privately-owned business after being asked to do so. That's trespassing.

I realize this is just a forum but it'seems a starting point, generally the only places you cannot generally concealed carry are government buildings and schools. Those signs carry the weight of the law, most other places are just a preference of the management and would nof result in you being arrested unless you refused to leave.

Source: I have a CCW.
>>
>>595959350
What's some funny/interesting texts you've read?
>>
>>595962190
This is because of Kmart's policy, not the law. Legally they can stop him. Kmart tells them not to because they're afraid of a potential lawsuit.
>>
>>595961316
When i was 18 i was taking GED classes, we couldnt bring packed lunches and had to walk to the nearby dollar store to get our lunch, it was winter time and it was cold as fuck, i had a huge thick hoodie on.

I would go in there with about 10 people who were legit buying food, and i would fit 2 monster energy drinks into each sleeve, a large bag of doritos in my left chest, and a 4 pack of snack pack pudding in my right chest, every fucking day for about a month with no missed days.

I would always give people snack packs and 3/4th of my doritos bag, and that ended up getting me hooked up with a guy that sold medical since he liked my kindness.
>>
>>595947291
>Guy stole a watch and I just watched him leave.
I thought your job was LOSS PREVENTION. the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>595961749
Luckily I'm a bit better off now so I haven't done it in a while. Always makes me sweat though, I'd hate to get kicked out of college. Although once I get away with it it's kind of a rush. Last time it was some deodorant, time before was soap. Not food items like I said before but still necessities I figured I could get some pity for stealing.
>>
>>595961913
The retailers associations in Washington State spent a lot of money lobbying is how. Obviously it is impractical to strictly enforce it, and counter-productive, but the "thinking" went like this: professional shoplifting rings will have someone lift a small valuable item and conceal it in the packaging of another item and walk away. then , a few minutes later, a second member picks it up and pays for it.
>>
>>595962524

Nothing interesting. My cameras 'can' zoom in that much but I don't have any reason to do it, and you would have to be standing still.
I just meant it as a reference that I can see from one side of the store to the other side with one camera. And we have close to 30 of them.
>>
>>595950104
each board has their own post numbering you faggot
>>
>>595950067
really? someone working in a walmart can use force??

how about a tip to troll or waste the time of LP either as a distraction for buddy to steal or just c they're watching and following for no reason at all
>>
I forgot what tip I was on. Drank a bit.


Basically if you want some clothes then do this

>take bag full of shit into fitting room with a ton of shit from the store
>if there is no associate to count what you have then proceed
>throw a few shirts into your bag and throw the rest all over the fitting room
>leave

Free shirts/pants whatever.

Also not naming my store but you have a good chance of guessing it. Steal a watch in plain sight and just leave freely.

Break line of sight with cameras...fuck I'm about to just give you guys the down low on my store including it's name and all of it's procedures for shop lifting..next post.
>>
>>595962209
Most gun deaths (or pistols, at least) are suicides from what I remember. And the liberals always include those in their gun murder statistics...
>>
>>595963126
Worked at an albertson's before..old friend stole beer from store and the receiving manager knocked him the fuck out because he was an angry black guy.
>>
>>595963183
Going for a smoke.

I will tell you how to steal from Macy's 100% of the time shortly.
>>
>>595961749
http://krqe.com/2014/12/15/officers-buy-shoplifting-suspect-baby-formula/

according to the media you did nothin but accuse the poor dude. Cops did help tho
>>
>>595962882

Shit like that, I would figure you as being homeless or trying to get a job.
Honestly, if you're cool with me, I try to minimize the action against you as much as possible. I'm not here to stop hungry people from taking a little shit that they need. I'm here to put a wrench in the cogs of the people who make a living stealing from stores and selling it back.
>>
This whole thread has made me realize, I could work as an lp worker for a year or two, then become a fantastic shoplifter. Think about it, lp workers are potentially the best shoplifters.
>>
>>595963212
I was guy who said that stuff about kids.

I was wrong, the number isn't high. It's 100 a year on average. However that's 100 people who didn't lock their guns and something did happen. There are plenty more that didn't lock them and nothing happened.

http://everytown.org/article/innocents-lost/
>>
File: 1414295798128.png (206KB, 501x358px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414295798128.png
206KB, 501x358px
>>595949571

This is the Absolute truth for Wal*Mart Stores.

Go into the restrooms or fitting rooms and all 4 steps have to be reestablished.

Seriously.

>>595950067

Dumbshit internet tough guy, where do you work? Meijer and Wal*Mart both don't allow any physical contact other than a light directioning touch on the shoulder.

And yeah, go ahead and get fired for aggressing so innocent after you not 100% NOT establishing probable cause because camera blindspots and to cooberative testimony on the Stop.

Witness?
Testimony from an adult employee?

You've never been an authorized person before, have you?
>>
>>595962464
The thing is you were already ordered (not asked) to leave, by the sign (assuming it was properly posted). You were trespassing as soon as you set foot in the building, not after you were confronted by store employees.
>>
>>595963486

I'm in Austin, TX. Shit like this happens all the time though, and is very rarely reported.
People like to hate on cops. And tons of them deserve it. But all the ones I work with are bros.
>>
>>595963518
You sound cool anon. Walmart should pay you more. Actually they should pay all their employees more... fuck those Walton family pigs.
>>
>>595963955
Are thins bad enough in Austin for that to happen all the time? What about food banks? Bad place for compulsive shoplifters though.
>>
>>595950645
When I worked at kmart someone shit at the jewlery counter. It was in the center of the store, no walls. Just, jesus
>>
>>595964221

I actually make pretty decent bank right now. I'm leaving this job soon for something more lucrative but I'm gonna miss it.
Mostly because I sit on my ass for at least 80% of my day. A stop is usually 1hour on average, and I get maybe 1 or 2 a day.
>>
i also work at a retail chain and ill just throw in my 2 cents about how we go about shoplifters. we're not allowed to ever accuse someone of shoplifting, if we see someone put something in their bag we can only go up to them and say "oh did you want me to hold that up at the register for you until you pay?" the minute we suspect someone is trying to shoplift we just get on their ass with "customer service" and never let them out of our sight. our whole policy is prevention by never letting them feel like they have the chance to steal. tell tale signs that someone could be trying to shoplift:
>looking around all the time, overly aware of their surroundings
>no trend in the types of items they look at (some kids stuff, some womens stuff, different seasons etc)
>bags from other stores (could be lined with tinfoil to disrupt sensors)
>generally acting sketchy and denying customer service

to sum it all up just waltz in there like you own the place and you could pull the shirt off a manequin and walk out and nobody would do anything
>>
Question about fraudulent returns of NOT stolen items.

Is it illegal to return an item to a store when you didn't buy it from the store?

Say I go to Walmart, get a TV for $100 on sale. Then I taken it to K-Mart that has the same TV for $200, and return it for store credit. I know most big stores have a limit on no-receipt returns (usually 3), and I know technically it's not true, but how would you go about finding out, investigating, or charging someone?

Never done it. However one time I got a printer from Staples that was free after rebate, and returned it to Best Buy for $200 of store credit. Had to give my license and they scanned a copy of it to keep on file, but nothing bad happened.

Again, I'm talking about NOT stolen items. Items bought from other stores.
>>
>>595963538
They aren't. We watch each other. Had LP steal tons of shit before.

>>595963398
Now...to steal form Macy's

Here's the real deal. Screenshot and share even though this shit makes me mad as fuck because I can't catch these people.


>2 item rule for fitting rooms
If we aren't 100% positive you aren't stealing 2 items then you're free to go. We won't stop you.

Macy's doesn't check your bags or anything when you enter a fitting room. They don't count what you bring...nothing.

Take 10 shirts into a fitting room and wear two under a large turtle neck. Free to go.
Shove shit in a bag.
Free to go. Doesn't matter.

>2 palmables
Palmable are two items you can hide in your hand...like ties or jewelry. Steal 1. 1 watch? Good to go. 1 tie? Good to go. Just walk out because we won't stop.

Most of the people that get away shove shit into bags when in the fitting room. We try to prevent it by "burning" (making our presence known) but we can't stop you.

We have to have 5 steps....entry into department, selection of item, concealment of item, continuous observation (on camera to make sure you don't drop it), and exiting (leaving point of sale).

The last part is important. If you are still in the store when they stop you then you are free. Just say you were "taking the item here to look at it in the sunlight". They will let you reenter the store.

Any questions about Macy's and I will answer.
>>
>>595964298

Where I work is shitty as hell. Homeless camps, thugs, gangs, more niggers than you can imagine. And I mean nigger in the sense of a barnacle on the underbelly of society, not black guys.

I don't know about the food banks. I know I've been catching one hell of a lot of runaway kids and drunk 13-15 year olds.

Pro tip: Do not raise a family in Austin, unless you can afford to live way, way north.
>>
>>595963659
>Dumbshit internet tough guy, where do you work?
Macy's

I don't understand the rest of your post. We have handcuffs and we use them on people who push back.
>>
File: 1421650997495.jpg (190KB, 700x598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421650997495.jpg
190KB, 700x598px
>>595950855
thats what i was guessing. i'm a boh supervisor and the lp is such a joke. ive sat in the office and watched the cameras, even if we caught someone stealing the cameras are such low quality it would be impossible to identify them. ive watched people push full carts of lego and travel systems. our store alone lost 250k last year and we're not even in a major city
>>
>>595949571
partly true but i work at a retail store and the cameras do come into play a lot of the time. we cant do anything really if we see someone shoplift via camera, but if we see on the camera that they look like theyre about to (popping sensors off clothes, acting sketchy in a corner) then we'll go bombard them with customer service asking if they need help and then never let them out of our sight
>>
>>595948612
>A picture of your face doesn't matter because the police won't give a shit.

Is that really true? I see news stories all the time of people caught on camera boosting jewelry or electronics. I would definitely wear a low slung hat at the least. And if you're a career criminal and the police know you, might as well just go full fake beard.
>>
>>595953917

who, the pic here? what the hell? it's obviously some government building with one big screen on a lobby and another of a metal detector hall. their logo looks like it's something detective agency. this isn't a department store.
>>
>>595964779

What you are describing is not illegal.

Usually barcodes are not the same from one store to another. If they are the same though, go for it.
Big ticket items can be tracked by their serial numbers, and it can be reported where the item was bought to the store. If they check it, they can deny your refund.

Again though, not illegal. If you get the money, Bon appetite.
>>
Tip 7

Shit directly inside OP's time wasting mouth, wipe off with stolen shirts. Piss out of ass.
>>
>>595951259

Meijer!

Have you ever been to a store and one of there dome shrouds are hanging open, and it's 1000 more obvious that ot's a scare tactic!??

Lol every time.

>>595952293

Stop RPing and posting animu. Where the fuck do you work where everything is Hollywood movie level of sophistication??

Even High-profit Wal*Marts have dummy cameras.

And guess what faggot? They (WalMart) have (has!) to have a physical person never lose site of the Suspect.

Cameras are good for showing shifting behavior as evidence in court, but with one (FUCKING ONE) screen for monitoring, recording 100% with tracking until exit is impossible.
>>
>>595963955
a fellow austin bro
Most of the "bad" cops I find are those that work 6th routinely and the "higher up" units like narcos. They tend to not give a rats ass about what's legal for them to do.

Average street level cops though aren't too bad usually.

DPS is effing crazy though
>>
File: astealabelt.jpg (36KB, 380x354px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
astealabelt.jpg
36KB, 380x354px
niggers gonna nig
>>
>>595963620
I would kill myself if my kid accidentally died because of my lack of safety practices. However when I was a kid my guns were never locked up, my dad just showed me from a young age that they're super dangerous and should only be pointed at things you want to kill/destory. Also my dad held onto all the ammo until I was like 10.

I started showing my little sister how to shoot my .22 when she was just 5 years old. She couldn't hold the gun up by herself but she could pull the trigger. She learned pretty quickly how awesomely dangerous and destructive they are, and seems to have a degree of respect for firearms. Not that I'd leave her alone with a loaded gun or anything.
>>
>>595965025
Do any of the runaway girls offer to do "anything" if you let them go? Wat do?
>>
>>595965374

Depends on how much you get, how high profile the case is, whether the media is having a slow day or whether making your theft public knowledge can serve someones agenda.
>>
>>595965215
>our store alone lost 250k last year and we're not even in a major city
Ouch

We lost over 400k, but we are a major store.

Most thefts are internal employees

By the way, get a job at Macy's with a fake name. They don't background check any employees that don't work receiving or LP, so use a fake name, address, phone number etc.

Then on the first day just take all the money from the register at the end of shift and go home.

It will be between 300 and 4000.

I swear on this. It makes my job annoying and I get yelled at, but I don't get fired so enjoy.
>>
>>595965454
>Usually barcodes are not the same from one store to another
Right, the printer I brought had a barcode didn't match the one they had in the store.

I told the guy that I bought it as a gift for someone so I took off the pricetag(with barcode). I knew they had them in stock, so he just looked it up in the inventory and used the barcode from the inventory to give me a refund.
>>
>>595965663
That can happen and I fap to the idea regularly. Hasn't happened yet but I don't know what I will do if it does happen...probably impregnate the girl and get fired.
>>
>>595965984
Any time you lie to get money from someone it is fraud.
>>
>>595965860
All jobs, even mom and pop stores, are forced to scan your id and SS card before employment.

Nice try.
>>
>>595965491
wut?
>>
>>595952293
LOL no, I install Wal-Mart cameras and DVRs they have about 300 domes and about 60 cameras internal and external.
>>
>>595965603

I've only met one guy out of Narco, he didn't seem too bad.
I've only had one run in with an officer on the Receiving end of the stick, and I was so chill that it went pretty easy. I'm probably really biased since I'm working on their side, and I get treated like one of them.
I've never even seen a cop on 6th unless theyre riding a horse. But I'm typically gone way before 2am.
>>
>>595946509
unless I work there.
I would chase your ass down and beat your brains out.
>>
>>595966152
Go get a job at macy's then you fuck. We just had a dude hired that stole 400 dollars from a register on his first day. All of his info was fake and his license plate from the parking lot went to some old as man with a completely different car that didn't know about the guy.

We don't do background checks prior to employment. It's special which is why I'm telling you all.
>>
>>595966141
I understand, I'm just wondering if you guys would get suspicious about something like that, or only if a person does it often (once a week, month, etc), or how you guys make sure the merch being returned isn't stolen.

Do stores talk to eachother? If 10 ipods were stolen from a store down the street, will another store know and get suspicious if someone tries to return 10 ipods without a receipt?
>>
>>595953314
>>595953604
>>595955081

You are all shut ins or schizophrenic.

Sensors are responsive to the magnetized strips or the RF transmitters.

Obviously the spider wraps too!

I bet half of the obviously NEET looking dork asses would stick out like black people in a 98% white neighborhood Chain Store.
>>
>>595965663

They've all been boys.
>>
>>595966365
Hey how much do you guys charge? My store's cameras and computer system is literally dated as 1991 in the bootup. This computer has a fucking 100mhz processor and takes 15 minutes to startup.
>>
>>595964608
Glad you're doing well.

Another question: When I get asked if I need help with anything, is it likely that I'm suspected of sneaky shit? Seems like sometimes they come out of nowhere, like they didn't just happen to notice me browsing but were actually directed to come confront me. Maybe I'm paranoid but whenever I get approached by employees, I don't steal anything.
>>
>>595966402
you would get fired from the store and you would almost certainly be arrested for assault and battery.

stores don't have insurance on their employees to cover shit like that, and you are not a law enforcement officer
>>
>>595964854
i'll do the same but for my store
>how to steal from polo ralph lauren

2 methods, number one being just walk in there grab a ton of shit and just book it out of there. we literally won't do a damn thing excpet report it to the police 30 minutes later and nobody ever gets caught.

option 2, if you walk out the doors with a ralph lauren bag and the alarm goes off, our policy is to apologize for leaving a sensor on, take the sensor off for you and send you on your way no questions asked. if you had a bag with some legit clothes in there and one item with a sensor they would never once question if you really payed for it or not. basically the whole store policy is to avoid at all costs accusing someone of shoplifting in case they really didnt so take advantage of that
>>
>>595966490
Yes we would get suspicious, especially as counting the inventory would reveal the problem. Once the store became aware of you it would no longer work. Probably we would not call the cops.

I work in a small to medium size city, so yes we talk about the customers, even if we are competitors. Not likely to happen in a big city though.
>>
>>595963697

>http://citrusccw.com/concealed-carry-classes/faqs/

>A business cannot remove your right to the second amendment with a sign on their door, however, if someone notices your firearm and asks you to leave, you must leave the building immediately without being rude or causing a scene. If you fail to leave the building, you will be charged with trespassing – and if you trespass with a firearm, you’re in pretty bad shape.

Again, the places you absolutely cannot legally carry are government buildings and schools, and bars which I had forgot to mention in my previous post. The most management can do is ask you to leave, and if they call the police for a holstered weapon, they are pretty much just wasting their time. If you carry and do not flaunt your firearm or create a disturbance, you are in the clear.

If you are caught with a concealed weapon, you aren't doing your job of concealing it. I have carried on dozens of occasions in places which have had a "no firearms allowed plz" sign and have never had an issue.
>>
>>595944681
How many of you are there? What the fuck are u going to do?
>>
>>595944681
Do you communicate with floor employees via walkie-talkie? Could I tune to your frequency and listen in while stealing, so when I hear "Go to the computer department and watch the guy wearing the blue jacket and black pants" and know I need to drop the shit and run?

Or is it in person communication? Phone?
>>
>>595966916
BIG NOPE

All of my LP crew have the same motto

We beat your ass
We say you trip and fell
trying to steal 1000$ items
It has happen multiple times already.
who you think the judge is going to side on?
A shoplifter? AHA
>>
>>595959917
Would you prefer if somebody just asked to eat a sandwich with you on your break or if they tried to steal said sandwich, you caught them, and let them off the hook?
>>
>>595966490

As to the refunding another stores item, I'm a bit iffy about the whole legality now, but only on the slowest of slow days would I ever try to research something that vague and unprovable. Is it ethical? No. Will you get caught? Not a goddamn chance in hell.

As to the second. Oh hell yes do we talk and research those things. If 10 iPods go missing and you show up trying to return 10 iPods, we will know.

There are people who do not work but instead do what you are describing for a living.
>>
File: 1421624337782.jpg (250KB, 700x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421624337782.jpg
250KB, 700x700px
>>595945326
Only works to an extent because Wal-Mart doesn't give a shit about a few losses here and there as long as they're not hemorrhaging products.

If you build a system that profiles, those who evade the profile will have a very easy time exploiting it. Only way to fix this flaw is random or mandatory search. This is why the Department of Homeland Security uses random search. Otherwise terrorists would have a route that yields better chance of success.

case in point: they guy you quoted
>>
>>595967150
>we literally won't do a damn thing excpet report it to the police 30 minutes later and nobody ever gets caught.
More than we do. We just send a BOLO to our other stores.

>our policy is to apologize for leaving a sensor on, take the sensor off for you and send you on your way no questions asked.

We apologize for the alarm going off (they don't. They are all broke) and send you to a register where they check your receipt and then take the sensors off.

I understand though. All of the big stores would rather let people still like 100 dollars worth of shit than have to deal with being sued because it's far more expensive.
>>
>>595966821

All employees are suppose to engage you if they see you.

However you're not being paranoid. We do encourage employees to practice 'aggressive hospitality' and badger you if you need help, because it does what you just said; keeps you from wanting to steal because you think you're being watched.
>>
>>595967370
>If 10 iPods go missing and you show up trying to return 10 iPods, we will know.
I'm talking about different companies.

Like, 10 iPods go missing at K-Mart and I try to return 10 iPods at Sears. Will Sears know that 10 iPods were stolen this week from a competitor? Or will only other K-Marts know?
>>
>>595966916
this, i wish i could go tackle shoplifters but i would be fired so fast
>>
>>595967318

We use cellphones.
If you want to see if you need to drop the shit and walk out all innocent like, have someone watching the doors for managers to gather or police to arrive.
If the police arrive, you're gonna be stopped either way. Even if you unconceal all the stuff, you will be detained and questioned, and issued a trespass.
>>
>>595966171

They (Wally World) can't track two cameras at once in most stores, have to establish the necessary 4 steps before a stop, and obvious fake cameras are so fucking obvious.
>>
>>595967786
How are you gonna return them with out a receipt mate?
>>
>>595967305
Depends on how busy the store is. Everyone steals on weekends so we have people there at those times. It depends on the stores budget, really.

>>595967318
We usually talk via phone because it's less suspicious, though sometimes we use a radio with like iphone headphones to make it look like we are listening to music.

If you ever hear someone saying "He's right there stealing shit!" then it's because we want you to hear it, drop the shit and gtfo because we don't have time to deal with you.

Usually when I'm working alone I pretend I'm talking to a team of people and say shit like "Everyone get to every exit and apprehend if they don't drop the stuff!"

I don't care if you walk out the door but I find it funny (when it happens 99% of them time) when you drop everything behind a register and walk out. Making people drop stolen shit is probably the most fun I have in my job...(besides checking out loli butt)
>>
>>595968243
Most stores will take stuff without a receipt and give you store-credit.

People lose receipts. I legitimately lose them all the time. It's a PITA but I'm glad I can get something back at least.
>>
>>595967338

I have protocols that I have to follow. As much as I feel for people sometimes, I feel for my family and my mortgage more.

If a dudes hungry, and comes up and asks me for a sandwich, I'll buy a motherfucker a sandwich. If you get caught stealing and its a tiny amount, protocol is you're given a warning. Once.

We sometimes break protocol when we have good reason and a reasonable excuse. But I'm out to protect #1.
>>
>>595966821
ya thats exactly what we do at our store to stop shoplifters. if you want to test it, say you dont need help and see if they ask repeatedly or just maintain a line of sight with you
>>
>>595966490
>>595967184
>>595967370

What are Serial Numbers?

7 syllable answer.
>>
>>595967786

Depends on how high profile the theft was. I get reports from neighboring competitors pretty frequently, but on big stuff.
So basically that's a big Maybe.
>>
>>595968212

I have 4 monitors, two computers, 8 coworkers and on site police officers.
So it depends on where you go mate.
>>
>>595966490
I didn't read your whole thing because I'm now drunk as fuck, op here, but anything bought from Macy's has a number on the receipt that says when, were, who etc bought whatever.

It's not uncommon to have people/employees steal shit and then return it to the same/different store for money. It happens ALL of the time and there is nothing to do about it.

I used to...ha...ok, here's a tip for walmart but maybe the walmart LP will tell me if it still works.

I used to take random ass DVDs into Walmart, tell the guy I'm returning them, he would give me a sticker on the item, then I would peel off the sticker and put it on a DVD season that was like 50 dollars and take it to customer service.

At the time I did it you were limited by like 3 times per year or something...but it was 50 dollars for nothing so....


Does that still work walmart lp?

I used to steal so much shit, man.
>>
>>595968686

You'd be surprised how rarely those are checked.

If the system asks for a serial though, then yea you're screwed.
>>
>>595967786
7184 again. it would depend on the size of the city. In my small city all the managers belong to the Chamber of Commerce etc. and we talk about the "customers" and their scams, even if we compete otherwise.

There as a article about this in the Skagit valley Herald last week I think. There is a guy specializing in stealing high-end sunglasses from optometrist shops. One of the managers discovered this and immediately started calling his competition to alert them.

Their is a still of the guy from a security recording from one of the other stores, which they found by reviewing their tapes after being notified, published in the SVH asking if anyone can identify the thief. Because of the value of the goods, and the number of times he stole he will be charged with a felony if caught.
>>
>>595969150

>on site police officers

They honestly have active duty law enforcement just sitting at your store, all to prevent shoplifters? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
>>
the biggest tip for stealing is to just know ahead of time what the policies are for the store youre hitting. somewhere like walmart if they know youre shoplifting and you try to leave the store, you get tackled by jamal. if you steal from some other store and they know it, they make you THINK youre gonna be tackled by jamal but really if you just walked out with the merchandise, nobody would be allowed to lift a finger. research ahead of time and pick a store where you wont be apprehended, then never hit that store again
>>
>>595969238

We don't have stickers anymore.

Fun fact though. We get a report showing us every no-receipt refund for the week. I use those reports to check refunds that fit certain qualities. If you didn't come in with that item, I file a report for fraud. In Texas that's an automatic class A.
>>
>>595968686
None of the products we carry have the serial number anywhere visible to the public, or me. I do not have any way of knowing them. You have to open the box and read it directly from the product. Bar codes are not serial numbers.
>>
>>595944681
Question op, most stores have some sort of code for shop lifting, I used to be big into it, mostly cameras/electronics. But I know walmarts shoplifting code is a simple code 1, but most recently, I was in the process of taking a cart full of some simple stuff, food, dog food, and a dog bed, total value around 120$. I was just about to leave when I got to the bathrooms past the registers,heard over loud speakers " attention Walmart employees code 1, repeat code 1" and I remembered that code, left the cart by the bathroom and just left, what are the chances they were after me?
>>
>>595969812

Well, off duty. We pay then somewhere around $50ish an hour to stand at our doors and deter.
Not exaggerating, I think 3 or 4 stores in my city do it.

Austin is a really, really shitty place.
>>
>>595969812
In site, not on duty. The store pays them. They do it after hours. Makes sense paying around $10mil to save $20 mil in theft.
>>
>>595947291
walmart
>>
>>595970157

Code 1 means for all associates to go outside and push the shopping carts off the parking lot.

Your story makes me giggle.
>>
>>595968686
I get it for like, a 2 or 3 thousand dollar 80 inch TV or something.

But for a $100 MP3 or Printer, would you guys even bother?
>>
>>595970568
lol i can just imagine them calling for all employees to go put the carts away and then some asshat just leaves his cart in the middle of the store and walks out
>>
>>595970568
Code 1 at Costco, when I got caught was for shoplifting. I assumed/heard it was the same for Walmart, so I dropped my shit and left.
>>
>>595970433

That and safety. People where I work will fight and pull weapons to get away from being caught. Less so when a badge is also there.
>>
>>595970875
i dont work at walmart but im gonna say theres no way a company that big has time to worry about incidental items like that, you should be fine
>>
>>595970254
50$ an hour? Damn, I wish I had that job
>>
File: 4chan in 4 words.jpg (24KB, 640x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4chan in 4 words.jpg
24KB, 640x640px
>>595965025
I second this. I lived just outside of Austin on the east side and it is one of the most soul sucking places there is. Beggars and homeless at every intersection. Half the population doesn't speak English. And the countryside is literally a mini-Mexico with nothing but fences and rundown trailers and endless fucking fields of mesquite.

My highschool had a race riot with 50+ basketball americans and mexicans going at it. Started over a pair of shoes.

A junior was arrested for carrying a gun on campus to "defend" himself because he had a hit on his head. He got stabbed to death in prison a few months later.

Knew kids in middle school pushing a pound of coke a day. Not to other kids, but as drug mules.

God I hate that fucking place. If you want to raise a family in Austin, buy west or north. No exceptions..
>>
>>595971049
Costco is not open to the public. Were you charged with retail theft, or was it called something else?
>>
>>595971010

I know right?

>>595971049

There is no code for shoplifting in Wally World. LP will usually just call over the walkie for a manager to come to the door to be a witness.

I have never worked for a 'normal' store however, we operate as a completely independent unit from the store. You'll never see us coming unless you like, literally, see us coming...
>>
>>595971237

Yup, and you are literally expected to stay at the door, doing nothing but being intimidating to shoplifters.
Then if someone tries it anyway, you do your regular job.
You gotta be, yknow, a cop though. Or a deputy constable or state trooper or something.
>>
>>595971253
To see the city at its worst, where should I start my Google earth search?
>>
>>595971253

Preach it brother. I can not BELIEVE the horror stories coming from the schools here. I saw a drug deal done in my store by a kid who couldn't have been older than 13, selling to a 16 year old. Shit is fucked up.

I currently live in the rancid shit hole east of Austin but moving north near round rock. I'm gonna feel way better about raising kids in WilCo.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 20


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.