[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really necessary for the U.S To drop the Bombs on Hiroshima

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

File: nuke hitting.webm (3MB, 1280x720px)
nuke hitting.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Was it really necessary for the U.S To drop the Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
were the U.S losing that bad?
I mean japan didn't deserve to get their shit pushed in like that. There could have been another way.
>>
that video is off by 10 years or so
>>
>>591461897
it's just a example
>>
Yes it was, we shut those chinks up
>>
>>591461651
Are you by any chance mentally retarded, OP? War is war. Nukes were a quick way to end the war between Japan and the US, technological superiority.
>>
We didn't HAVE to, but it aaved thousands of american and russian lives. We were done giving a shit about them at that point, we wanted it over, and we had a way of making it so.
>>
File: Nazi-chink-2.jpg (106KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi-chink-2.jpg
106KB, 300x460px
Yeah! Those chinese fuckers deserved to die for spreading communism
>>
Fuck with us and we'll nuke you
>>
>>591461651

The Japanese would not stop. They were taking territories in the Pacific left and right, and brutally. The entire nation was ready to die for the honor of the Emperor. The first bomb just pissed them off more, but also made some of them think a little. The second bomb finally stopped them. There's notes from the time in which US officials noted that the second bomb was a gamble -- we only had two bombs and if the second didn't work we had no plan "b".

IOW: we could be fighting Islam in the name of the Emperor.
>>
>>591461651
>I mean japan didn't deserve to get their shit pushed in like that.
For what the Japanese did to the Chinese, they absolutely deserved it.
>>
>>591461651
The Japanese were warned way ahead of time that they will be nuked and urged the people to beg the emperor to surrender, but he didn't care hell it took him 2 days to even realize that they were nuked
>>
File: 1414436274415.jpg (163KB, 796x883px) Image search: [Google]
1414436274415.jpg
163KB, 796x883px
>>
>>591462915
Are you high? They tried to surrender, but we only let them until after we dropped the bombs.

But I don't give a shit. We were just flexing our muscles to get the Russians to shit their pants.
>>
The nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki prevented "Operation Downfall", a massive ally invasion of Japan that would have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and would have worsened the war. Operation Downfall was D-Day on steroids. The attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were basically a moral imperative to prevent further death.
>>
Yes it was, but not to subdue the Japanese but to send a warning signal to Josef Stalin and the Soviet Union.
>>
Given the shit that happened in Europe, Japan just needed to be dealt with because everyone was tired of war at that point.
>>
>>591461651
i think we could have not dropped them on their cities and done bombing raids an airstrikes easily enough and won by doing the same damage and not making their cities unlivable for decades to come, however, that was a flex for the US. we are now a super power because of that and other nations are afraid of us which is good and bad. It was needed but it definitely ended it sooner that the other options and we have gotten more of a name for ourselves do to that and the cold war. so its good and bad, but no we didnt have to do it, we just wanted(needed) to in order to make our country better. makes a good story though. and also this is an old test video not the fimliming of the drop. they didnt film it... they couldnt during the mission, it was top secret.
>>
>>591463247

Pff I don't know where you heard that. The Japanese government has split opinions, sure, but the official stance was to refuse the ultimatum.
>>
>>591463247
>The Japs
>Surrendering before getting curb stomped
Are you fucking stupid they would never
>>
>>591461651
>>591463283

Downfall was a unilateral plan by the US with something like 500,000 estimated US casualties alone. massive civilian casualties in a sustained conflict would surely dwarf the numbers lost in the two bombings
>>
It was either the bombs or an invasion of Japan, the bombs death toll would be little compared to an invasion.
>>
we could of done a land invasion but millions would of died on both sides

the nukes basically were to scare them into submission, normal bombing raids arent as ascary as having one bomb wipe a city out, and it only left land uninhabitable for a few years
>>
>>591461651
They did it because they're cunts.

The first is not even justifiable, but comes close to it. No matter how many bullshit excuses the US came up with, it was an evil and horrid thing to do.

The second one was a fucking war crime. Everybody involved should have been put to death, as they only dropped it as a science experiment. Japan was already in the motions of surrender when they fucking dropped it and they knew.

Just another example of America being the shittest country in the world, one of the most disgusting massacres in history to date
>>
Yes, the Japanese were losing, but the nuke was necessary because the Japanese were programmed to not stop fighting.
Also the fuckers deserved it becuse of all the atrocities committed to is soldiers.
>>
>>591461651
Yeah it was. Considering the war needed to be done with.

Plus, the Japanese pride is strong. They needed a good sucker punch to keep them down.

If you've the weapons to defeat, use them. No matter how bad the outcome could result.

War is war.
>>
Also, I know the nukes had to do something with Russia but I forgot exactly what.
>>
>>591464492
What? Sorry these two world war champ rings must be in my ear.
>>
>>591463070
this is just retarded. calling the Japanese out when we can a of those issues and more and is absolutely retarded and shows you are uneducated. you belong in a school for ants
>>
>>591464524
And war...war never changes.
>>
>>591461651
Says the guy that didnt gace the reality of death in ww2
>>
>>591464366
wrong. They could have dropped a bomb in the ocean/countryside to show what they were capable of. Even if the government (which, by the way, was already collapsing and about to surrender due to public revolution or voluntary submission) had chosen to keep fighting after a demonstration, their people would have destroyed them.
>>
>>591464492
>The second one was a fucking war crime.
Like what the Japanese did before hand was any better
>>
>>591464524

I wish we did this shit today. We wouldn't have a global jihad on our hands.
>>
>>591464660
America jumped in at the end of both wars.

The first one was all Britain, the 2nd was all Britain and Russia. America did next to nothing. That is, except force Japan into the war by putting trade embargoes on the entire country.
>>
>>591464492
actually even with the 2nd atomic bomb only like 50% of the generals wanted to surrender, only until like a finance minister urged them to stop due to how crippling any more bombs would of been did they finally decide to surrender
>>
>>591464964
The second one was the other middle finger.

>stand corrected
>>
>>591464955
The world already knew we had bombs, we were setting them off in the desert.
No one thought we'd use them.
>>
>>591463070
k but what about all the women in Vietnam that were raped by US soldiers?
>>
>>591464964
yeah because the kids walking to school the day it was dropped certainly did their part in fighting on the frontlines.
>>
>>591465168
Britbong pls. Just thank us for saving you.
>>
FDR was only going to use the bombs as a last resort and never told the then Vice President Harry S. Truman and when FDR died Truman was just like yo lets nuke these fucks and it was a mistake and shouldnt have happened fuck all ya'll niggers
>>
>>591461651
it was the US had taken countless casualties in the island hopping warfare they had been doing. Those were smaller islands and the Japanese refused to surrender. Since that was the case a full scale invasion of the main island would have lost a lot of american lives. They used the bomb so that american lives wouldn't be lost and to show the rest of the world (USSR) what they had.
>>
filthy weeaboo.
>>
>>591465494
>am Aussie
>>
>>591461651
I actually got an erection from that webm. Thanks.
>>
File: neccessary_evil.jpg (28KB, 400x319px)
neccessary_evil.jpg
28KB, 400x319px
>>591461651
>There could have been another way.

If they would have surrendered after the first one, there wouldn't have been a second bomb dropped. Japan probably would not have surrendered any other way. At least not without another million people dying.
>>
>>591465049
>49 â–¶
>>>591464524
North Korea needs a overdue severe curb stomp from pretty much anyone
Im tired of them pretending to be powerful when anyone can pact their shit in
>>
File: Ferlert.jpg (21KB, 287x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ferlert.jpg
21KB, 287x300px
>>591464823
You're god damn right.

I thought the same thing when I posted my shit.
>>
>>591464660
I lold
>>
>>591464955
nobody would of seen it or fully understood the power, the first bomb was dropped on basically war factories so there barely was civilian loss of life anyways more of just soldiers
>>
>>591461651
The US should have waited longer for the second one.
>>
>>591461651

>Being this naive

To give you an idea of how many casualties invading the mainland of Japan would have required, every single purple heart medal awarded since WW2 was produced in preparation for the invasion.

An invasion would have cost hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives. It would have likely made the Japanese civilian population suffer even more deaths than those two bombings, as we would have continued to bomb their cities (think Dresden, etc).

...and that's without even considering the Bushido code and the suicide attacks civilians would have likely been forced to take part in.
>>
>>591465561
Well I'm sure we saved Austria too. Go back to carving your wooden shoes.
>>
>>591465434

Wars are won by demoralizing a country top-to-bottom, including (gasp!) women and children. It's an ugly fact about war.

Faggot.
>>
>>591462493
except not. the United States pushed them back to mainland japan. we just didnt want to fight them there.
>>
>>591465168
Brittany got their ass kicked left and right in ww1 by the Germans.
The US joined in 1941, just after the world war became "world wide" and beat the Japanese single handedly. Also brought down the Germans with the help of the Russians.
Britain was inconsequential both times.
The UK still technically owes the us war debts
>>
Basically the US could have either dropped the bombs or fight through a nation willing to die and lose half a million more soldiers (estimated by a U.S. general) or take out Japan and crush it's resistance while at the same time discouraging attacks from Russia and preventing the spread of communism to Japan.
>>
>>591465809
>>591462493
wrong person meant for >>591462830
>>
Those fucking Japs had it coming, thinking they could run Asia and shit. Thy deserved it.
>>
Truman knew that if we didnt drop bombs then we would have to invade, and the casualties were predicted at over a million
he decided hed rather kill 200,000 japs than an equal or greater number of americans in an invasion
>>
>>591461651
We were also showing how big our dicks were to the Soviets, as the Cold War had more or less secretly began as soon as the Nazis were defeated.
>>
>>591465501
Nope. Truman was actually very through with his decision making process for OKing the bombs.
>>
>>591465561
>aussie

You lost a war to a bunch of emus. Literally. Look it up
>>
Millions more would've died had the us invaded Japan, not to mention it wouldve dragged the war out
>>
>>591465611
That they do.

But, then Russia would be all pissy since it is in their backyard.

Plus, Obama doesn't have a spine so I wouldn't expect us to do anything about it.
>>
>>591465397

>"...but what about some shit that the US may have done over 20 years in the future" as your reason not to drop the bomb in 1945.

Are you retarded?
>>
An American life is worth everything and a japanese life was worth nothing. I would have fire bombed the entire nation into ash if it ment saving just 1 american life. Thats the mentality, just how they would have all died on that island fighting til the last man to kill just 1 american and live in japan 1 second longer.
>>
We need a modern day version of this on North Korea
>>
>>591465168
>all britain
>spend the war being a target dummy for germany
>do absolutely nothing back
>on the verge of being destroyed
>america felt bad for its parent
>all britain
>>
>>591461651
Poor Japan. The only good thing is that it stopped the fighting. I'm happy that we are on speaking terms now because, as an American, I have much respect for their country.
>>
>>591465675
once japan said they wouldnt surrender was when they dropped the 2nd
>>
>>591465397

Is math really that goddamned difficult for you?
>>
File: 1417566936606.jpg (70KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1417566936606.jpg
70KB, 600x668px
>>
ITT: A bunch of brains of mush bring an anti-US argument to /b/ given to them by their fuck-witted professors of appeasement. Class is in, folks!!
>>
>>591466272
Putin needs to be put in check too
if anything is gonna spark another war it's him and north korea and when shit finally starts to pop off its going to get good
>>
>>591466208
Truman was against using the nukes, but he tried to use them later against Korea, and long story short ended up getting fired for it. No fear apparently staring into the face of mutually assured destruction policies
>>
>>591461651
25 kill streak m8
>>
>>591466208
>>591466792
Shit Nvm was thinking of a general
>>
File: 1408394764894.jpg (41KB, 556x532px) Image search: [Google]
1408394764894.jpg
41KB, 556x532px
>>591461651
The Japanese had made it quite clear that the US would have to genocide the Japanese in order to force them to surrender.

Doing that manually would have cost a lot of American lives so they picked the easy way out. Genocide was inevitable, whether it was gonna cost American lives was the questions. On top of that, manual genocide would have prolonged the war, and in every single scenario: Longer war = worse war. Even for the Japanese, who likely would have thrown even more of their lives away due to a faint hope of victory or at least an honorable death. Nuking them was to send a soul crushing message, that no, you will not make a defiant last stand, no you will not die honorably, no you cannot win, yes you will surrender or be annihilated. Further more, the decision maker had the choice between saving an estimated several 100.000 of his countrymen's lives or try to spare an enemy that even at that point had earned themselves a reputation and a bunch of war criminals and psychos. That is not a hard choice.

The Japs were the ones who waited around for a second nuke before quitting even though they knew they had lost before the first bomb.
>>
>>591466393
The only problem with nuking a whole country off the map would destroy the earth's enviornment.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 229x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 229x230px
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 500x328px
>>591461651
>were the U.S losing that bad?

U.s planned on invading Japan which would have resulted in more Japanese civilian and american soldier casualties. This is middle school shit you dumb faggot, what's to discuss?
>>
They could have dropped a warning bomb miles from a city. The japs are not stupid. It was murder and a war crime. And a stain on usa history
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 104x125px
>>591467259
>>
>>591467025
Thanks
>>
>>591467259
>>591467304

Aw shit
>>
Of couse it was fucking necessary. OP is a faggot for even questioning it
>>
>>591461651
This is simply one of those scenarios where no one wins at all. It was a choice between hundreds of thousands of people dying and millions of people dying.

I've thought about it a lot, and I can't really say which one I'd choose. Looking back, it must have been one of the hardest decisions President Truman has ever had to make. I often wonder if President Roosevelt would have gone through with the bombing if he had survived all the way through the war. I've seen pictures of the devastation left by the two bombs, and it's nightmarish. No one should ever have go suffer that much. No one.

How do you choose between killing hundreds of thousands of people and sending millions of soldiers to their deaths to invade a country where the soldiers would fight tooth and nail for every inch of land? It was an impossible choice. I can't even say that it was the lesser of two evils.

In the end though, the bombing did save millions of lives. It was a gamble, as another anon pointed out, because we did not have the resources to make a third bomb for a very long time. If I remember correctly, it would have taken many months, maybe even a year or more to have any more bombs ready to use. If the Japanese didn't surrender after we dropped the second one, we would impaled ourselves on our own sword, having to send our soldiers into a country where their hatred of them had just increased hundred-fold. Not to mention the fact that at some point we'd have had to send troops into areas possibly irradiated, which would mean even more horrible deaths.

When it comes right down to it, it seems like a simple choice. Looking more closely, it isn't so black and white. If the bombs had simply killed those people, I'd be inclined to say that it was the right thing to do. No suffering, no long lasting effects, no radiation. But the side effects make me and a lot of other people stop twice and think.
>>
>>591467338
Because what japan did weren't war crimes.
>>
>>591467304
woah watch the language
>>
File: 1353986894604.jpg (169KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1353986894604.jpg
169KB, 1280x850px
>>591461651

they got over it

they love the USA now and copied our way of life as best they could

you should get over it too
>>
>>591467304
Dude, calm down.
>>
>>591466769
I feel you.

But, again. Obama isn't going to do shit to Putin. No one will.

Unless we get some balls deep mother fucker in office.

I could see North Korea attempting to nuke Russia; Then actually hitting Russia's nuclear HQ.

Then.. Russia's 'defensive nuclear launch' would aim everywhere in the world nukes are located resulting in the end game.

It would be like a little kid pushing the big red button that says 'DONT FUCKING PUSH'
>>
America saved you British queers in WW2. If it wasn't for us, you'd still be saluting Hitler to this day.
>>
My previous comment: >>591465602
shows a picture that I don't have saved. Is this a bug on 4chan or is my computer compromised?
>>
>This guy gets it. They were already for a conditional surrender, keeping their precious emperor on the throne was the only condition. They get nuked, give an unconditional surrender, and america was like w/e and let the emperor rule anyways. America saw a new threat in Russia, and wanted to demonstrate their newfound power. Most feats of technology are just there to let the enemy know how smart and capable you are. NASA springs to mind. Even the bunker busters used in afghanistan were really just a message to Russia "Yo bitches we gots the bomb that can penetrate yo military bunkers, nigga!"
>>
>>591467569
You're damn right we did.
>>
>>591467338
>stain on usa history

Like americans give a shit
>>
>>591467338
no they couldnt of, especially considering it took 2 atomic bombs on populated cities to make them surrender. They even refused to surrender after the first bomb

also the 1st bomb was basically the equivalent of the US going easy since it basically the smaller of the 2 cities and was mainly used for munition manufacturing

firebombing Japan would of caused more death than the bombs
>>
>>591465168
>war ended in 45
>war between Germany and UK started in 39
>US joined near the end.

the US is the end buddy
>>
North Korea can't get their missiles over the ocean without crashing, the fuck makes you think they can reach America or even Russia?
>>
>>591466974
Douglas MacArthur
>>
>>591467742
It happens when two posts with pics are submitted at the exact same instant. No problems for youon your end.
>>
>>591467564
Also endgame could be started after the ice caps melt and Antarctica is a whole new continent for a country to take
Glad I wont be alive to see it shit will be fucking cash though
>>
We don't give a shit, our country is founded on murder and death.
>>
>>591462830
The Japs were getting shit on at that point in the war. Japanese offensive capability was castrated at Midway, but the time of the Battle of the Phillipines it was fucking game over for Japan. The US had more carriers and could build more carriers, the Japanese were struggling to build any at all.

Kamikaze? Desperation. Banzai charges? Desperation. Even Pearl Harbour was a desperate gamble, and it didn't pay off.
>>
>>591467338
Fuck off you Liberal bitch.

You're the fucking stain on Americas history.

It's people like you who are influencing the niggers to parade around cities because of criminal teenagers being shot by cops doing their jobs correctly.

Faggot
>>
>>591468140

With the same filenames? Or any two posts simultaneously?
>>
>>591467460
Yes the japs were inhuman in many ways. Its why they are still hated in the countries they colonised. However a warning and a demonstration could or would have caused a surrender. If no surrender tokyo would be next. But that did not happen did it
>>
>>591468168
Haha, I've never thought of that.
>>
Yes, it reaffirmed the people of the world that America doesn't fuck around.

It also caused massive butthurt, as evidence by this thread.
>>
The way i see it if their wasn't any nukes dropped on Japan, WW3 would have started right after WW2 ended. Think about the USSR, and how nukes kept the cold war from ever escalating into large-scale combat.
>>
>>591461651
Militaryfag here. No it was not necessary but it was a lot cheaper and faster way to win the war. The USA was ready to bask in a post war boom and they were tired of waiting...could you blame them?
>>
>>591468516
stfu lol military fags are usualy dumber than the general population

sure it wasnt necassary but not because they wanted to bask in the economy its because they didnt want estimated life loss of millions for both sides
>>
>>591468516
Fuck no.

Considering they wanted to destroy our fleet so they could invade the west coast, and kill innocents.

The bombs were entirely necessary.

I just wish we had the massive cock our Generals, and President had back in the 40's.
>>
>>591461651
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Crimes

as much as i like japan they needed those bombs to teach them some empathy. back in the day those fuckers were out of control.
>>
>>591468376
America did warn Japan, but Japan being the dog eating faggots they are didn't listen, and as a result got two cities vaporized.

>Japan was next

I hope you don't think they would nuke it, because America only had 2 nukes. They warned saying more destruction would come if Japan didn't surrender, but it was just a gamble.
>>
>>591467564
Russia is just killing themselves thanks to Putin and alcoholism something like 20 percent of Russian men die before 60
>>
From what I understand the US used the bombs to end the war quickly, before he Soviets could grab more land.

What I don't understand is why the US didn't detonate the bombs off the japanese coast. I guess that's because the US only had a few bombs in 1945 and that they were unsure if they would even work!
>>
File: !_1b (8).jpg (551KB, 1280x637px) Image search: [Google]
!_1b (8).jpg
551KB, 1280x637px
nice troll comrade
>>
>>591468259
Whoa truth hurts lol yes.
And im no liberal you hillbilly
>>
I have read a lot about the development of the bomb, and what I have noticed about most of the guys who have been interviewed working on it is that they all seemed to have a hard on for dropping it on Berlin

that was their thing, they wanted to shove that fucker right up hitler's ass

but the Russians took berlin 3 months before it was ready
>>
Ignorant muthafuckers think Pearl Harbor was the only bad thing the Japs did. Like it all just started with that and we simply reacted by dropping nukes. Those fucking Japs were causing MASS destruction and suffering with their ambitions to take over the whole Pacific.
>>
>>591464660
>>591465049
underrated posts
>>
>>591467338
not a warcrime due to the fact that nuclear weapons were not banned before dropping them. it was within the Geneva Convention at the time, therefore not a war crime. DEAL WITH IT
>>
my father was a sailor in Hawaii being warehoused until the invasion of japan was to take place. he is total convinced the atom bomb saved his life. the Japanese would have fought to the death.
>>
>>591469105
they knew they would work as they tested them in the deserts, its that they knew they wouldnt surrender outherwise

they were having their cities firebombed before and that wasnt phasing them
>>
>>591468870
You're adorable. By 1945 Japan posed no threat what so ever. Rooting them out of holes on mainland japan would have been a pain in the ass though.

>>591468813
I'm an officer not some enlistedfag. Also, the government didn't give a flying fuck about the "loss of life" on both sides...just ours.
>>
>>591464492
where are you from pray tell?
>>
Yeah amerifags chicken out of battle
>>
Not an interesting debate. Ancient history - over and done with. Real men made difficult decisions, and saved millions of lives.
>>
>>591469105
>What I don't understand is why the US didn't detonate the bombs off the japanese coast.

Ever heard of Tsunamis?
>>
>>591461651
>Was it really necessary to nuke the poor innocent Japan
Yes it was you fucking Nancy.
They would have never surrendered if we didn't nuke them, dropping the bomb saved more lives on both sides in the long run.
Now fuck off with your shitty bait you humongous faggot.
>>
>>591461651
Hahaha you so know Americans treated the Japanese survivors better than Japan, hell most of the survivors were ostracized shortly after because they thought they would die from being near them

It wasn't until very recently that the Japanese government even gave a shit about them
>>
>>591469272
Let your simple fucking mind run rampant you un-educated slug.
>>
>>591469105

bro they nuked one city; killed 100,000 people in a second and asked them to surrender

they said no

so they nuked another one and acted like they had more

dropping one off the coast would have done exactly jack shit

THAT is how you know it saved millions of American lives

WE HAD TO NUKE THEM TWICE, they were never going to surrender a land war, every able bodied person would have fought to the end
>>
Did the Japanese have to torture people in unit 743?
>>
File: patches.jpg (137KB, 560x325px) Image search: [Google]
patches.jpg
137KB, 560x325px
>>591461651
Necessary?? No but it was sterile and we liked the taste.
>>
File: 1418611057524.jpg (44KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418611057524.jpg
44KB, 208x250px
>>591469727

/thread
>>
>>591468996
The only country to use nukes is the usa. Thats one big stain.
Any none american can see its a terrible thing to do.. Most yanks are shit yeah about it
>>
Well the Americans also dropped leaflets saying the locations of the bombings in Japanese, and to evacuate. They just had to get rid of the war factories.
>>
>>591470023
Actually, bomb number 3 would have been ready for dropping the 19th of August and has Tokyo written all over it.
>>
>>591470338

that is not true it would have taken months to get number 3 ready
>>
>>591470338
That would of been awesome to see. Just saying
>>
It ended up saving far more lives than the alternative. The Japanese were completely FANATICAL. They would have dug in and fought tooth and nail for every square metre. They had started handing out weapons to school children to defend their homeland with their lives. The only way was to fully demolish their will. Destroy any notion of them fighting back. It was awful and horrific, but it was probably the best outcome. Millions would have died on all sides if they had kept up the fight.
>>
>>591470338

>>591470531

tokyo had been firebombed about 50 times by then and was in ruins

they picked cities that had not been heavily bombed yet so the japs could see the power of a single bomb
>>
>>591470198
>that's one big stain

Like Americans give a shit, it's war. It's not like America was neutral with Japan and just went "lol lets test nuke on those chinks for fun"

Actually that's probably what they said.
>>
If the Japs hadn't surrendered after the 2nd bomb, Truman would've dropped a third on Tokyo and was down to drop even more.
>>
>>591469272
You're the reason this country is going down the shitter you white apologist fuck
>inb4 lol I trole u I was just pretending to be retarded
Fucking end yourself you waste of space.
>>
>>591470001
I just read about this, the survivor's were basically treated as demons or someone with a highly contagious disease and were for a long time viewed as non Japanese people because of the burns
>>
>>591470198
I'm Danish, and thanks to actually bothering to learn the history of the whole episode know they did the reasonable thing.

Was it a terrible thing to do? Yes, but the alternative was worse. Worse for America and worse for Japan. But in that situation, worse for America was reason enough.

Start shit, get shit. Refuse to stop when told to stop, get more shit. Fuck, the Japanese would have done worse to the Americans had they won.
>>
File: japantodayexplained.png (425KB, 811x1625px) Image search: [Google]
japantodayexplained.png
425KB, 811x1625px
i wonder what the grandfathers of these hikikomori shut in anime fags think of their kids today
>>
>>591470741

Exactly. Just look at the Casualty rates on IWO Jima, Peleliu, Guadalcanal, Okinawa, etc. They fought almost to the last man, taking well over 90% casualties each time.

Those are not the statistics of someone who surrenders. In fact, I'm not sure if such consistent, fanatical devotion has appeared anywhere else in history... but I must admit I lack the spectrum of knowledge to say for certain.

Regardless, it is both disgusting and admirable.
>>
>>591471021
Another hillbilly lol take a chill pill
>>
>>591471293
Oddly enough the same thing any person in Japan would today

>disgusting
>child molesters
>losers
>should be eliminated from society
>>
>>591468217
lol
>tfw a third wave of bombers at pearl harbor would have recked shit of our pacific fleet
but that's true, end of war japan was teaching their peasants to fight with sharpened bamboo stakes
>>
>>591471154

they were raping an pillaging in China,

the USA won and kindly rebuilt japan into a technical modern society free of charge and bought every walkman and honda they could churn out

they were going to enslave anyone they beat...
>>
>>591468168
Is it wrong for me to like the sound of this?
>>
>>591467338
Fuck off skeleton
>>
you obviously don't know anyone who was murdered by japan. Go to hell op. Those slant eyed bastards should be nuked again.
>>
/thread
>>
>>591464492
Fuck you nigger
>>
>>591469727
/thread
>>
>>591467338
>They could have dropped a warning bomb miles from a city. The japs are not stupid. It was murder and a war crime. And a stain on usa history

considering that they did not give up after being given the chance AFTER nuking one city....

that's not true
>>
>>591471154
History is written by the victors. It was most definatly a shitty thing to do. Burning civillians instantly is a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>591471637

/thread
>>
>>591471299
The entire population would have died for their Emperor. It's difficult to imagine just how much they would have done. They would never be beaten through attrition. Not before a long, bloody decade of pointless death.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.