[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ways (that aren't sleeping pills or drugs)

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2014-12-13-11-01-56-1.png (639KB, 1080x667px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-12-13-11-01-56-1.png
639KB, 1080x667px
What are some ways (that aren't sleeping pills or drugs) to help me fall asleep faster? I need to start waking up at 5:30 for my new job, but I usually stay up until then, it's 2:30 am right now for me and I've been trying to sleep since 11:30.
>>
>>590657010
Meletonin to help set your internal clock and Valerian root to help sleep
>>
Exercise a few hours before you want to go to bed
>>
>>590657010
Try watching something with high brightness in the dark. Strains your eyes, forcing you to want to close them.
Eventually you fall asleep. Used to do this until my body-clock changed.
>>
bump
I have class in 5 hours and am not tired for shit
>>
>>590659043
Nice trolling, fuckwad gaylord, only the opposite is archived, which is what you wanted.
Source: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6372828
>>
>>590659519
F.lux is good for this purpose
>>
>>590657010
Melantonin helps, which is a substance you body produces too. Be aware that Melantonin has a very short half-life.
About 1 hour prior going to sleep, stay away from bright sreens/displays
>>
>>590657010
>I need to start waking up at 5:30
just start waking up at 5:30
you will soon be waking up at 5:30
>>
Sleep in a dark, quiet room. Get off the computer at least an hour before bed. My rhythms are permafucked from being on swing shift for years, I used to drink habitually to set the mood for sleep, which is kinda pleasant, but is a totally bad habit.
>>
masturbate lel
>>
File: bahahahaa.png (251KB, 473x309px) Image search: [Google]
bahahahaa.png
251KB, 473x309px
Lyndon here,
bahahaha you fags
>>
>>590657010
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpUNAFHgxM
>>
If you aren't tired until after 5am, you need to look up delayed sleep phase disorder.

You really need to get off the phone a few hours before bedtime, but who are we kidding, right? Turn the brightness down all the way at night. Buy either a red led bulb for your room at night or yellow. Bright lights keep you awake. Google "blue light sleep". I changed a few bulbs in the living room to yellow cfl bulbs, and red led in the room. After 8-9pm I try to not expose myself to regular bright lights.

Also first thing when you wake up, expose yourself to bright light/sunlight. It will push back your circadian rhythm by 30 min to an hour (you will get tired a bit sooner that night)

tl:dr
Bright light during the day. No bright light at night. Will not be a quick fix. I had trouble falling asleep before 7am for 2 years
>>
>>590659014
Manual labor. You'll sleep like a fucking baby.
>>
Simply start your job at that time and do your job. You'll eventually fall into the habit. Also, being active helps. Go on long walks (more than 2 miles) or do some jogging.

Go to the gym. If no gym, do exercises at home that can be done without weights such as lunges, push ups, squats, dips, an exercises, etc

Simply getting up at that time and doing your job should out you in the routine though.
>>
>>590661848
Oh and if you expose yourself to bright light during the first half of sleep (falling asleep at 5/6am and then sunlight fills your room shortly after) it can make your situation worse. You want bright light either right when you wake up or just a bit before
>>
take an adderall or vyvance 10 minutes before you lie down. you'll sleep like a baby.
>>
>>590662774
adderall is good
but not for sleeping
>>
File: BIXNOOD.jpg (183KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
BIXNOOD.jpg
183KB, 1200x627px
>>590657010
>>
Masturbate
>>
Cut the sugar work out more.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 640x960px
>>590661286
Not OP but I'm ban evading to post this. That was a really great video, I'm going to refer all of my friends to this video that doubt meditation/relaxation exercises. I feel really great after having listened to it
>>
>>590665468
reported lol
>>
>>590661848
>If you aren't tired until after 5am, you need to look up delayed sleep phase disorder.
Not OP here but shit, that's me. Sometimes I'll pull a 24hr+ so that I can "reset" my schedule but it never sticks.
>>
op where is your common sense
>>
>>590657010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmar4gh5nIw
>>
Beer. Start Drinking About 3 Hours Before You Want To Sleep.
>>
>>590657010
Valerian root is what I grew up using...
I switched to Herb Pharm Relaxing Sleep blend...
That stuff is pretty potent and totally works. I feel like it kind of helps quiet my mind when it's racing and help knock me out.

Honestly though, I recommend exercise, no caffeine after 4 pm, and eating better. This is the best way...

Lots of computer guys don't do anything physical all day but they're mentally exhausted from working on a computer. You gotta run your body out or you'll turn into an insomniac.
>>
>>590667361
http://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php
>>
>>590668762
Also, Relax Melodies lets you build your own white noise...

I make one that's a storm with rain and stuff, pump it through a bluetooth speaker I keep by my bed...

Anytime something loud is happening or I have to sleep during the day, I just crank it all the way up and I can sleep through everything...
>>
>>590657010
http://asoftmurmur.com/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.