[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /b/ so against women/girl gamers?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 35

File: anita.jpg (43KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
anita.jpg
43KB, 650x488px
Why is /b/ so against women/girl gamers?
>>
Because they don't exist
>>
>>588992353
/b/ is not one organism. Your assumption is ill informed.
>>
File: 1406598123204.jpg (25KB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1406598123204.jpg
25KB, 366x360px
>>
File: bXTuBzC.png (159KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
bXTuBzC.png
159KB, 500x376px
Because they don't wear ushankas
>>
/b/ is full of neckbeard beta fags who don't get pussy therefore they hate women. lel
>>
>>588992510
So the sexism is just a figment of the media's imagination?

>>588992596
Okay, then the MAJORITY of /b/.

>>588992841
Nope, genuinely curious.

>>588992872
I'm sorry?
>>
>>588992353
Im not, but Im against Anita Sarkeesian because shes an idiot who doesnt do the research before spewing shit
>>
>>588992353
because this. I was waiting to use it for a long time
>>
>>588992353
10/10 would hate fuck, post and slut shame.
>>
>>588993348
do you know what sarcasm is?

/b/ is full of it, just like the nigger hate, russain hate, murican hate, and every kind of hate thread there is.

it's kind of a sick, but really fun humour
>>
>>588993379
true this
>>
>>588992353
/b/ is against everything. Hate is the fuel that fills the tanks of /b/ros so they can fap again.
>>
Because there's no legit reason for them to have to tell everyone their fucking gender, yet they do just to get attention "hurr durr Ima gamir gurl"
>>
>>588992353
girl gamer vs gamer girl vs rabid feminazi
>>
>>588992353
/b/ros aren't against women/girls being gamers. They are against tumblr attention whores who CLAIM they are gamers but are much more into bitching about games made for high testosterone targets than actually playing games. That's the shit core cancer that /b/ hates.
>>
File: cyclone-2.jpg (105KB, 890x660px) Image search: [Google]
cyclone-2.jpg
105KB, 890x660px
>>588993348

Did you ever see the movie "Cyclone"? I suggest you watch it, as it will explain a lot.
>>
>girl gamer vs gamer girl vs mobile gamur vs rabid feminazi

learn the difference
>>
>>588994546
this sums it up
>>
>>588992353
oh look, a new mod! hi mod!
>>
>>
>>588992353
fuck off g hannelius guy you unoriginal autismal failed abortion
>>
Liberal feminists have become so entitled and gone so far off the deep end with their thought policing that they have generated a large backlash, that's only going to worse as long as the keep fucking squawking and pissing off more people with their ridiculous bitching
>>
I dont have anything against femalws who play vidya, i hate fascists though which is why i hate that ladt
>>
Personally, I like girl gamers, I love knowing that there are girls out there that share my interests, what I hate are attention whores, and games that lack any sort of depth and gameplay, namely those story games that are on steam made by all female developers. Girl gamers are great, the problem is when attention whores think that they can try this shit on to get attention, they then get all shitty when it doesn't work because we see how fake they really are.
>>
File: giphy.gif (199KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
199KB, 640x272px
"Female gamers" v. Reality
>>
>>588992353
>against women/girl gamers
Feminist lie to perpetuate negative male stereotypes.
>>
Imagine the following:

A white male makes a kickstarter about wanting to investigate 'black culture' and how it's biased against white people. He asks for money so he can buy records, get BET and go to some black comedians.

He then goes on his little YouTube channel or Tumblr account and goes on and on about how all this media, that is not intended for him, not directed to him and frankly the creators figured they wouldn't get any money from him, isn't catering to his needs.

That's the 'protest' female gamer.

Then there's the attention whore, but frankly women suffer as much from attention whores as anyone, so you'll no doubt know what their deal is and why gamers hate it when suddenly someone has to announce their gender. You don't hear anyone going 'I'M A BLACK GAMER, GIVE ME ALL YOUR BIKES, LULZ KIDDING' or 'I AM ARAB, KEEP ME AWAY FROM PLANES, J/K'.

Women can play games all they like, just don't be entitled little attention whores about it.
>>
>>588994496
>girl gamer vs gamer girl

This aptly sums it up.

"Gamer girls" seek to garner attention for as being a girl and incidentally being into games.. however a girl gamer is a gamer that just happens to be a girl - they don't flaunt it for attention. Kinda like a nerd who's a girl and a "nerd girl"...
>>
>>588992353
Someone needs to staple that cunts lips together
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 405x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 405x348px
>>588993643
Saved this
>>
>>588992353
because the "girl_gamers" bring useless stuff to games. you know, the crap that belongs to tumblr like like politics, feminacism and other bullshit.

games should be fun.
you like the game - play it, you don't - find other game.
>>
>>588993643
Saved
>>
File: femanon.png (2KB, 170x296px) Image search: [Google]
femanon.png
2KB, 170x296px
Femanon here. Honestly, women are beautiful creatures and we should be grateful. I have no problem seeing women in little to no clothing in video games. We are sexy! Embrace it.
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (2MB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
2MB, 158x158px
>>588993643
Nice shit anon.
>>
>>588994546
Was looking for something in this thread that captured my thoughts on the situation. This is basically it. That and when these same girls then turn around and act like they've been doing it forever just because their brother had a PS2 that she never really played. I mean, I'm not some hipster douche bag that can't enjoy things when other people enjoy them if it was after I did it. However, they could learn to shut the fuck up and just play the game for awhile before raving on about how great Zelda and Mario are because they're "gamer gurlz"
>>
>>588992353
we're against bitches, not necessarily gamers.
>>
>>588993643

+1
>>
>>588994546
thanks anon
>>
>>588996539
lolno
>>
If only you saw how many girls put "girl" in their clan tag on Halo or CoD.
We get that. Don't need to tell me.
>>
>>588993348
/b/ is full of edgy kids that think they are different and think highly of themselves for being racist/misogynist/conservative

But as this guy says
>>588992882
There is also some real resentment from some insecure adolescent toward women. The friendzone bs is a good example of that.
>>
>>588992353
i can't speak for everyone but if a grill wants to be catered to because she can name 2 video game titles, she deserves to be ridiculed and trolled for it.

if a girl genuinely enjoys games, she wont have to mention it in situations that dont call for it, just to get that "she's not like other girls"-vibe. she'll just shut her flapper and happily play for HERSELF and not because it makes her different.
>>
>>588993753
Used to think that too. And I do think that's the case for racism and antimurrica etc.

But there are people that are genuinely mad about feminism, or at least the idea they have of it through their fake memes
>>
File: 64456645.gif (640KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
64456645.gif
640KB, 500x249px
>>588992872
>>
>>588998012
Modern day feminism is pretty awful, but that's not really the point of this thread. That's another argument for another time.
>>
>>588993643
Regardless of whether the video game community is hostile to women, whoever made that picture hates women. They were a neckbeard who was made fun of, and he's lashing out.

Obviously.
>>
>>588998012
>genuinely mad about feminism
A lot of people don't even seem to have a clue what they're angry about or who it should be directed towards. The people that spout shit against women for the sake of attention are worse than the attention whores they claim to hate so much.
>>
>>588992353

>women/girl gamers
No such thing.
>>
>>588995008
I fucking love the Biz!
>>
>>588997460
this
women want attention
thread/
>>
>>588998341
That movie was the bomb
>>
>>588992353
Because the only meaningful distinction between gamer and girl gamer is to point out offence has been taken.
>>
>>588992353
There are no woman/girl gamers, just gamers
>>
>>588992353
Good ass question.

I've always wondered why there aren't any ladies in the Wu-Tang Clan
>>
File: 1401073956075.gif (1004KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1401073956075.gif
1004KB, 360x360px
>>588993753
I know what sarcasm is. Unfortunately, most of you aren't being sarcastic when you spit your edgy misinformed 15 year old rhetoric.
>>
>>588992353
Because everyone on /b/ is gay and they don't like women
>>
>>588992353
Because they are special snowflakes and want to be treated differently for doing normal stuff.
>>
yo why this chick on the right has hoops and lines drawn on..... she isn't white....
>>
>>588998801
keep crying
>>
>>588994546
>>588996641

So you threaten women and fuck with their livelihood using their families, friends, whatever you can find because you don't BELIEVE that they played video games as much you?
>>
Women are great gamers, now let's play 'Go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich game'
>>
File: latest.jpg (744KB, 1412x2400px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
744KB, 1412x2400px
>>588992353
Why is Ashley the most annoying character in RE?
>>
>>588992353
You shouldn't use the term "girl." It labels women as adolescents and therefore below a man or guy.
>>
>>589000576
So 1918
>>
>>588992353
I'm not. I mean there's nothing special in being one any way.
>>
I don't really like replying to things like this seriously but for some reason I want to respond this time.

I am a feminist even though the word has pretty bad connotations because of some assholes who has no idea about what feminist theory is call themselves feminists. However I do write some shit about girl gamers if I think it's funny.

And I sort of like Sarkeesian. She gives bad examples from time to time but there is a lack of serious game criticism and especially feminist criticism. I think what she does will help vidya in the long run as more and more serious feminist critics arise and the previously mentioned assholes who think feminism should be female privilege will be weeded out.
>>
>>588992353
Because they are absolutely useless
>>
>>589000489
I've never done any such thing, don't make assumptions
>>
>>589001001

This is true. Also be sure to use their preferred pronouns or the sjw police will castrate you.
>>
File: Rr5.jpg (8KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
Rr5.jpg
8KB, 250x166px
>>588992353
because there is just gamers
>>
>>589001398
Useless how?
>>
File: cis.png (54KB, 605x405px) Image search: [Google]
cis.png
54KB, 605x405px
I'm not, personally.
It's just a fact that video games don't appeal to women as much as they do to men.

After the massive success of Space Invaders by Taito in Japan, Namco realised that it was almost entirely men that were playing it and women didn't seem interested.
They put this down to the "shooting aliens" thing, and discerned that women weren't into it.

So they came up with Pac Man to try and appeal to both genders, since men and women both enjoy eating and there were no perceived "masculine" qualities about the game.

Even so, all the record holders for fastest Pac Man completion are all male.

Even Ms. Pac Man's world record holder is a black guy.

Games are designed and manufactured for the people who are known to want them.
Just like if a guy wants to buy make-up, he's going to have to buy something designed for women.
Make-up generally does not appeal to guys so it isn't marketed towards them.
Although I would argue that men who enjoy make-up are treated a lot worse by the general public than women who like games.
>>
>>589001543
No special pronouns needed--just need to address everyone equally.
>>
>>588997424
>/b/ if full of people whip think highly of themselves
You haven't been here long have you
>>
>>589001398
What fucking use are you trying to get from gamers?
>>
>>588998801
you realize you're just confirming his image, right?

here's the solution if women want video games to change:
1. provide a market large enough to justify the expense of making high quality vidya.
2. make games that satisfy whatever it is you have a problem with.
3. ????
4. Profit.
>>
Why are you a "girl gamer"? Is the term "gamer" not good enough for you? We welcome you to the kingdom we built with open arms, and you insist on making a little hut for yourself right outside the gate and say "I'm a part of your group, too!" You demand to be welcomed as one of us, all the while screaming for equality in gaming, yet you segregate yourself? You want equality, and at the same time, require you be separated? I am not a "guy gamer."
Leave your gender at the door, or go smother another community with it.

Anyone who claims to be a girl gamer is attempting to destroy our community. My girlfriend is not a girl gamer. Girls gamer is the equivalent of the term femanon. Bullshit spouted by people who don't understand the reason behind the original term in the first place.
>>
File: 141369123644.jpg (279KB, 739x501px) Image search: [Google]
141369123644.jpg
279KB, 739x501px
>>588998801
Come on OP if you're gonna make a argument do it right you're fallen apart
>>
>>589000489
>>589001442
In fact I'll say mostly about the entire gamer gate situation I haven't vocalized pretty much anything. I think this is one of the first times I'm actually expressing any form of resentment and I'm doing so in a reasonable fashion. I don't hate women/girls who play video games as I'm sure most don't. What I do dislike is (some girls) their approach on video games and it's community. They're trying to turn the market into another media to get attention/fame through. Look at Anita Sarkeesian and tell me she isn't in this to get famous, she went on Colbert for Christ's sake. It's all an attention/money grab for them.
>>
>>588996539
>>588996136

Meh I'm gonna give my 2cts about that
For having had a lot of discussion on the subject the problem is not that there are some sexists games, its that nearly all games, especially mainstream ones are sexist even when it does not serve the history/setting.
I mean I dont expect progressive vision of women in Leisure suit harry or duke nukem, they are sexist in some ways but its okay its actually part if the universe of these games and you gottabe a retard tumble feminazi to complain against it.
The problem is that in video games, and geek culture in general, sexist prejudices are so deeply rooted that the pervade to everything else for no good reason/artistic choice.

So pointing out this tropes to help us and developer realize what and where they are should help them avoid them when they are not needed.
That's basically sarseekian doing but I reckon she's not great about it.

>tldr it's okay to have hustler and playboy, but when every other mainstream magazine treat woman this way you have a problem
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neTTQLbmhcA
>>
Because we hate women.
>>
>>588992353
because women/girl gamers are against /b/. Most of /b/ is rational and would probably get along with most girl gamers who don't believe in all the anita sarkeesian garbage, but the reputation from spergelords and betas tend to keep them away.
>>
Because they feel the need to be special and different from everyone else who plays video games
> I'm a grrl gamer XD XD

I don't give a fuck about girls who play games. Just the one who play games and think they're special because they have a pussy
>>
>>588992353
Women/girl gamers are fine. Sarkeesian is the very definition of the word cunt.
>>
>>588997424
lol get a load of this fucking retard, using 'conservative' as an insult and being an arrogant prick

get fucked, ya muppet
>>
>>589002111
I think what you don't understand is that gamers who are female have had to come out and say "yes there are girls who play video games" if they hope to ever have equal representation in games. If you haven;t noticed, a lot of people here are either going on about how "girls never used to play video games," or "there is not a market of female gamers big enough to justify change," etc.

Of course you don't have to come out and say "I'm a guy gamer," but guess what? Games are already catered to you! Your girlfriend is one hundred percent a girl who is a gamer, and therefor a girl gamer. It is not a figment of female imagination that most games don;t have a female lead, or that many game choose to objectify only female sexuality instead of men's as well.

"There are no girl gamers!" "But wait, I'm a girl gamer..." "ATTENTION WHORE!"
See how that's kind a catch 22? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
File: save.jpg (39KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
save.jpg
39KB, 600x338px
>>588993643

Rape kek
>>
>>589001392
Underrated comment
>>
>>589003254
This guy speaks the truth
>>
Well the same reason we don't like new fags
They play one game and think they're gamers while shaking people who spend a good amount of time playing videogames

Also because they want videogames to move towards their needs because it was "too hard"
Or "sexist"
>>
>>588993643

the dates are a bit wrong, the ps1 came out in like 94, gaming was mainstream after that.
>>
>>589003020
How is she a cunt? She gave her assessment on what she saw in the industry and everyone gets their shorts twisted. She didn't make shit up. She isn't saying that people should stop playing games and to stop enjoying them. Yet everyone seems threatened.
>>
>>588992353
Because none exist. A real gamer doesn't brag about the fact that they are gamers and they also don't spend more time comaining about the industry than actually playing games. The famous girl gamers do these things and that is why they are complete fruads
>>
>>589003254
No, you don't understand my post. What I'm trying to say is that the term girl gamer is stupid. A girl gamer is like femanon. Femanon is stupid because it puts useless emphasis on the female part, partially destroying their anonymity and distancing themselves from anon, whose entire point is to be all-inclusive. Girl gamer separates them from a regular gamer, destroying the community that at this point, we severely need. There are girls who are gamers. There are girl gamers too, but they're not part of our community.
>>
>>588992353
> against women/girl gamers
are you fucking stupid? because you seem fucking stupid.
>>
>>589003254
Not the poster you replied to and I see your point about the industry catering towards men. Men are still the majority even if their are women playing. This isn't because content has prevented women from wanting to play, it's because women aren't as likely to play so the content is not directed towards them. I do think it's unrealistic to put women in skimpy clothes (in specific games where everyone else is coated in armor) and that's about the only point I'll agree with. If women would like to have more games catered towards them, there should be more active female devs who aren't making a point to bash male devs/gamers... and there are, but they're not producing games. They need to produce the kind of games they want to see. Then if there are indeed women who want to play these games, they will succeed and make money.
>>
>>589000489
you are an insane fuckwit that would probably be unable to tell a difference between a sandwich and a boot. Nobody's threatening women, because nobody gives a shit what's between their legs. This is why bitches who can't stop shoving their pussies in people's faces by always putting the word "girl" in front of "gamer" whenever they get the chance pisses everyone off so much. Fuck you and your identity politics you miserable fucking shitheel.
>>
>>589002205
the most egregious women-shaming and objectification of women in magazines occurs in magazines aimed at women, usually published by women.
example: cosmopolitan. Find me 1 cover of Cosmo that doesn't try to convince women they are too fat, ugly, or can't fuck their man well enough.
>>
File: michaelbrown.jpg (9KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
michaelbrown.jpg
9KB, 258x195px
because my opinion as a white man in non anonymous forums is constantly shit on by women and niggers because their lives suck and it's my fault.
>>
>>589004011

she lied
>>
>>589003740
>>same reason we don't like new fags
LOL how old even are you?

If by "needs" you mean the desire to have equal representation for lead characters, or perhaps the ability to have a guy character walking around barely clothed...

The "girl gamers" who speak out have not only played "one game"... Where are you even getting this? And they certainly are not complaining about games being "too hard."

It's like you're making up your own narrative of the world around you, and it's amazing :D
>>
>>589001745
Make up is marketed toward women but the product isn't inherently gender specific. You don't have to stick it in your vagina to get makeup to work ( neither do video games) but they aren't sexualizing the makeup in anyway or using imagery of hot guys to push it onto women.

Also women aren't as competitive as men. So yea.... They wouldn't be playing for high scores and women prefer games with more of a social component. Just because women aren't posting a shit load of high scores doesn't mean they aren't playing.
>>
>>589003254
This guy does bring up some good points.
But there's a difference between a female audience announcing that they're there and that they maybe want some games to acknowledge that, and SJW gamers going around labeling every game in existence as sexist and harmful to women à la Anita Sarkesian.
>>
>>589003254
>"There are no girl gamers!" "But wait, I'm a girl gamer..." "ATTENTION WHORE!"
Thankfully only a very small part of the population feels this way, most of which are internet trolls.

I wish we could go back to the time where what happens on the internet doesn't matter... It's like being in elementary school again.
>>
>>589004011
She did lie about what she was using the money for. She exaggerates a lot of points that can be spun back the same way. IE; victimization of women in video games. Which then implies men are never acted violently against in video games and women are always the victims. I don't know if she's actually played any video games but there is a ton of male against male or female against male violence.
>>
>>589004515
>citation needed.
>>
4chan is unfortunately plagued by the fact that it is filled with beta white men who can barely get a regular girl, let alone a strong independent one.
>>
File: Prof Ralph.gif (22KB, 415x424px) Image search: [Google]
Prof Ralph.gif
22KB, 415x424px
>>588992353
Yes
>>
Because feminism is a lost cause that's been warped by hysterical women on tumblr who get look for things to be upset about rather than things to progress equality as they say they do. Plus the very word itself is at odds with the message, equality for all. Wouldn't humanist be a better term than feminist?
>>
File: 1412901371225.jpg (76KB, 625x626px)
1412901371225.jpg
76KB, 625x626px
>>589004676
>>588992353
you are not even trying you prove yourself wrong
sage
>>
>>588992353
talk about girl gamers, posts a cunt who thrives on idiots to get money. try again or troll harder nigga
>>
>>589001745
Alright I agree with you but it goes beyond that.

Let's imagine that you live in an all black country and whites are the minority.
Let's now imagine that black really really enjoy the idea of shooting white people and raping white girls. They don't actually do it but they have these fantasies.
Now every game features the black hero killing white men at some point or white men being game. Even in Tyrone Kart, Watermelon Effect or the legend of Zakeesha. Because as black are the main public they want these games to catter to their needs and prejudice.
And now every other medium, movie, or comic has the same stereotype, like captain kirk yelling let's hunt them klingon like dey are some pussy crackas. Or adds for a food company for thanksgiving depicting white men tied like turkey "even tastier than fresh whiteboi"

Wouldn't you be concerned? Wouldn't it bother you that maybe this gneralization and over prevalence of this stereotype is breeding generation of people with this idea of white man rooted in their head? That the over repetition only reinforce this prejudice?

Of course they tell you not to worry little cracka, its just jokes. You should check your vanilla level in your blood cause you're getting histeric now. And if you want medium without hunted white man just be a large enough audience!

Of course its exagerrated and absurd but I think you got my point
>>
>>589004877
I agree with what you're saying, but here's the thing. Take this thread for example. We are a few people being vocal about our opinions, so we're the only ones that are heard, and our opinions are projected on those who are silent. Because of this, that small percentage is seen as much larger than it really is. It's the reason why Youtube comment sections are so toxic, because only the passionate comment.
>>
>>589005176

look it up, her whole "dissertation" has been dissected to death with nothing but cold logic and reason.

She made about $160k from that kickstarter for research, didn't actually do any researc so she kept the money + became a massive industry personality and has been milking it ever since.

She was even on the Colbert Report.

All based on a lie
>>
>>588992353
We are not. We are against autistic shitheads who think women are superior to men and who are triggered by random bullshit.

>>589005221
tumblr is your destination. Go be ignorant faggot there.
>>
>>589003110
>2014
> not being a liberal masterace

Die Angry old white cis man
>>
>>589005850
And don't you find the word triggered to be a stupid thing in general?
>>
>>589005573
except this is bait because thats now how it is at all
except games in japan
>>
>>589004323
Omfg some women are sexist too
It then makes sexism totally acceptable.

What kind of argument is that?
If you know anything about feminism its that it has criticised this publications for decades.
>>
>>589005176

EZ, her hitman absolution playthrough. If you've actually played the game it's hilarious. Google it you lazy bitch
>>
>>589004225
Oh, I understood your point just fine. What you are refusing to accept is the fact this "community" needs change and is absolutely NOT "all-inclusive."

You're not even speaking to any of my points. It's like you put your fingers in your ears and started shouting "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU!"

Girls who are gamers are forced to speak up if they ever hope to see a female lead they can relate to in their favorite game, or get the ability to beat up male prostitutes wearing g-strings in video games (haha okay maybe this is a little ridiculous, but I hope you see my point).

>>589004300
Trying to say that you can't make a game that will appeal to both men and women is quite frankly, silly. It's not that women don't like to play the same types of games. Guys and girls all have different tastes, and it is not skewed by gender in relation to games. Why can't female gamers voice their desires to be equally represented in games? Why should it be fair that the male characters are aways fleshed out, strong, and witty, and the female charters are usually there to stand around and look pretty? Of course this isn;t the case for every game, but it is true more often than not.

I'm not saying there are not the female gamers out there who are maybe looking for attention, but to say that is the majority is naive and crazy. That would be like saying all male gamers are 200lbs overweight and sit in their mother's basement eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew all day. We both know that isn't true.

It's been necessary for women to announce themselves as gamers because people seem to not want to believe they exist, and they are using that as an excuse for why strong female leads shouldn't be developed.
>>
>>588994546
>games made for high testosterone targets
I'm sorry, what? You can't actually be serious... Are you? I hope you realise that no developer has testosterone in mind when making a game and there is no such thing as a "high testosterone targeted audience".
>>
File: 64838907648.gif (3MB, 320x210px) Image search: [Google]
64838907648.gif
3MB, 320x210px
>>589000694
But of course, manpig. Rape!
>>
File: vfsdfghj.png (10KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
vfsdfghj.png
10KB, 344x341px
>>588992353
Casual gamers seem to care a lot about this topic.
>>
>>588996013
Well said anon
>>
>>588996539
tits or gtfo
>>
>>589001392
Severely underrated post.
>>
>>589005573
show us the game that features some stuff like that
im sure you gotta have something in mind
>>
gosh I wish IDs were still here so we could see who is samefagging, but unfortunately moot became a cumrag
>>
>>588998801
il rape u
>>
>>589006808
real gamers are playing games
>>
>>588993643
God bless 2010
>>
>>589006473
I don't know about "feminism" as an acting unit. Is that like how /b/ does things? Because we are all one organism?
what I do know is if women want to complain about how they are portrayed, they need to stop feeding us that image themselves. Women complain about a man telling them they are hot because it "objectifies" them. But every time I hear my sister, my future sister-in-law, her friends, etc, on the phone with another woman, the conversation inherently falls into 3 categories: how they or someone else are fat and unattractive, some girl is a bitch and loud and shallow, and is only that way because she can't get a man so she acts like a slut, or how they need new makeup/shoes/purse/etc.

You can't complain about guys not giving a girl respect when don't give her either.
>>
>>589007040
pat yourself on the back much?
>>
>>589005573
another underrated post
>>
>>589007450

you know id's are relatively new right? and when they were first brought in ppl complained right?
>>
>>589005759

underrated post
>>
>>589005573
>Of course its exagerrated and absurd but I think you got my point

Exactly the point. You realise most games are pretty peaceful, and don't do anything against women. GTA, this big sexist game? You kill more men in it than women. Name one game that is specifically aimed at killing or raping women

Protip: You can't name a mainstream one
>>
>>589001392

>Implying feminists don't all believe that they're working toward increasing female privilege

They're wanting, at least, equality. But they aren't fighting for equality, otherwise the areas women have an advantage in would also be on the widespread feminist agenda.

Their advantage in family court, being one. Even though it's the patriarchy that supports this, namely that women are more better in the role of homemaker.

Don't delude yourself that feminism is what is was in the first and second waves--it isn't.
>>
>>589006662
I don't anyone actually thinks female gamers don't exist. It seems to me that it's mostly a joke at this point much like how there "aren't any girls on the internet". It's hyperbole intended for the sake of humor. I think there are too many people who actually think that developers and gamers actually think that women don't play. What I will say is that not as *many* women play as men play. Which is a cold, hard fact. Yes, games can cater to men and women both and they're usually RPGs that let you choose your sex. If the issue is main characters/conflict/story that caters to both, that's more difficult. If the developer wants to tell a specific story in a specific way, they should not be limited in choice. So, this is why I say if there is a demand for female leads, female centered stories... Then there should be devs who make these games and if it's a success then they will make money and continue to cater towards this market as well.
>>
>>589007621
Sorry you don't understand institutionalized sexism?
>>
File: hur.gif (782KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
hur.gif
782KB, 255x255px
My Waifu is a great girl gamer. I always make dinner for us. I worship her as the Godess she is.
>>
>>589005131
She never said men aren't acted upon violently in games. However she makes a distinction between the way that women get targeted because of their gender and specifically for their gender not so much cause they are a "bad guy".
You also need to look at the type of characters that are dispatched violently when it comes to women as well. When men are dealt with violently they are typically bad people or warriors, people with some sort of agency or who are in the line of fire. When women are offed in games or are dealt with violently they are normally nothing more than women, who are just girlfriends or some stupid bimbo whose only purpose is to die within the first hour of the game. They don't even get to become real characters, they just exist to be a sexual object and to die. The violence caused against them is sometimes sexualizd or fetishized.

this of course doesn't apply for every game but it happens alot and it never happenes to men.
>>
>>589007839

underrated post
>>
File: 1419830418537.jpg (269KB, 969x803px) Image search: [Google]
1419830418537.jpg
269KB, 969x803px
Also there is one thing that really bother me in the whole debate.

Why is it always considered that making less sexist games will make them less good or that it would be "cattering to the need of women".
I mean is it really that important to us that every game we play objectify women?

I get than back when vg where made for and by asocial nerds laughed upon, they had some frustrations and vented them in vidyagames or by having a sexy elf character in their weekly d&d.

But now a day?
I don't think the alien movies are less good because the lead is a strong female character not defined by her relation to other males.
I played Mass Effect as femshep and it was pretty sweet to have my badass renegade Sheppard kick some reaper ass.
And would ME3 have been a less good games if some of the female armors weren't so revealing/tight and more realistic like the rest of the game?
>>
>>589008147
examples?
>>
>>588992353
BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING IRRITATING ATTENTION WHORES.

GO AWAY.
>>
>>588992353
daaammnn she fine!
>>
>>589008365
you're an asian male, arent you.
>>
>>589008157
>>589007839

underrated post
>>
File: 1414722813450.jpg (6KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
1414722813450.jpg
6KB, 294x200px
>>588992353

>There have always been male and female dominated hobbies
>Gaming has always been dominated by Men
>Women decide to take part in the hobby
>immediately start demanding the entire industry change to suit their needs, while insulting every single male gamer along the way
>cry when there's a backlash
>>
>>588996539
Shitty bait.
>>
File: DONTCLICK.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DONTCLICK.gif
2MB, 320x240px
destroying thread with animated jpg
>>
>>589008465
>>589007839
>>589008157
>>589008601

underrated post
>>
>>589008034
>Update
yeah, I do. The difference is, I try to get rid of it in general.
Most "feminists" I know just want to get rid of the parts they don't like.

you want equality? Are you protesting your local bar because it has ladies night where girls get cheaper drinks so men can ogle them? No? Is it because WOOHOO!! CHEAP DRINKS!! ?

I can easily hate discrimination and work against it, without having to support dumb bitches saying they are worth just as much as a man while they try to put on eyeliner while driving and talking on their phone.

they are worth exactly the same as a retarded, stupid man. Not all men.
>>
>>589007741
yea, i always thought it was a good idea tho
>>
>>589008147
Once again, I reinforce my point that this same example can be spun back the other way. There are many male victims that are killed for the sake of being killed and not just "warriors" or bad people. I'm not entirely sure how the violence against them is sexualized or fetishized in any way unless you're actually into that kind of stuff and noticing it. Which then says a lot about Sarkeesian that she's taking violence into a sexual context.
>>
File: Underbheit.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Underbheit.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>589008157

Unterbhiet post
>>
>>588998801

Your tears are delicious faggot.
>>
File: 1419014885316.gif (1MB, 800x434px) Image search: [Google]
1419014885316.gif
1MB, 800x434px
>im a gurrrl gamerr
Pic related

/thread
>>
>attention whores
>games I don't like should not be made
>all made games should be made the way I want
>I am tolerant but disagree with me and you're a sexist
>crowdfund my stupid shit seriously give me the money
>>
>>588992353

I'm not.

But Anita Sarkeesian is a massive fraud and anyone, female gamers included, should be ashamed of themselves for furthering her agenda.
>>
>>589005607
>our opinions are projected on those who are silent.
Our opinions are projected by those who decide to project them, 100% of which are mongoloid cunts for doing so.

But you're right, this is an issue for the passionate. I'll keep at a distance and enjoy judging people by their character rather than one pastime.
>>
>>589008147
please. If we put a bunch of women in uniform in spec ops, and you shot them in the face and curb stomped them, this bitch would be up in arms.
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 576x489px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 576x489px
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 720x540px
ITT: People who think vidya game girls are real. Top lel
>>
File: 1419014923690.gif (883KB, 800x408px) Image search: [Google]
1419014923690.gif
883KB, 800x408px
>>589008746
>part 2
>>
>>589007621
Women don't project that image more so the way companies project that cause its more profitable. They all done in every medium they are bombarded with this message to act a certain way because it reinforces their tendency to buy more stupid shit.
>>
>>589007942
>> If the issue is main characters/conflict/story that caters to both, that's more difficult. If the developer wants to tell a specific story in a specific way, they should not be limited in choice.

This really shouldn't be that difficult.

And I think maybe you aren't understanding how dominated popular studios are by men. It's not as easy as being like "Welp, just go make your own game, women!" "Just go ahead and quickly become a popular AAA game studio and create a mega game so you can play one you are represented in! Us boys will keep making games that are driven my a male protagonist because thats the story WE want to tell!"
Tell me that doesn't sound at least a little ridiculous to you...

Additionally, why would a little girl grow up wanting to be a game designer when she never sees a character she can relate to in games? "If you build it, they will come"
>>
>>589006662
I never said they shouldn't speak up. I'm saying that using a term other than gamer is harmful to the community. You are not a girl gamer, you are a gamer who is a girl. If you find something wrong with the industry, speak up, shout about it from the rooftops. But calling yourself a girl gamer will only cause you to be labeled as girl before gamer and thus be put in a category that would have you playing Barbie Dreamhouse. The reason (at least partially) it's not all-inclusive is because girls who are gamers trying to stand out of the crowd to get developers to recognize them, and by doing so, are labeling themselves and being segregated. I don't like the term "girl gamer." That was pretty much my point.

However, realistically, what percentage of the community /is/ female? Honest question.
>>
>>589009001

TFW so close to trips
>>
>>588992353
I have no problems with girls who play video games. its the ones that make a big deal about playing them or the ones that try to change established franchises instead of hunting down new games that don't piss them off (if those even exist)
>>
>>588992353
>Why is /b/ so against women/girl gamers?

Most of /b/ gives two shits about girl gamers
>>
>>589008746
>>589009020
Empowered
>>
>>589008206
THIS
>>
>>588992353
>DOWN LOAD PIC.OPEN PICTURE PREVIEW.GO TO PROPERTIES.CLICK ON SUMMARY.GO TO COMMENTS.I LOL SO HARD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2dOboLsh-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_PssZkusUQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0cYoV5OuTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6p7XPbyHdw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcUxZHzRuwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJVnA5KXJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWf7WU2zJUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TphWiyk4Y4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk3I-a3CJdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb29Rcycjv0&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA2C748CE18BC8C55&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCVdL5ZNrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFz-5ldHQWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6p7XPbyHdw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPFU_eV2v4
>>
>>589009020
>"i love this women Kappa"
kek
>>
>>589009111
Lol dream come true
>>
>>589008483
this
>>
File: 1419686284305.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1419686284305.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>588992353
because they are angry rejected virgins

it really ain't that hard to explain
>>
>>589006808
true.. this topic concerns casual gamer and non gamers as well. it is an issue of an entitled group forcing their views into art.

its like if the naacp started an aggressive campaign to make 12% of all movie actors black.
the issue would concern people that never watch movies.
>>
>>588992353
It comes down to the fact that a handful of women have made legitimate female gamers look bad.

Anita for instance is trying to push a political agenda on A FUCKING HOBBY that has been up until recently male dominated. She's not just trying to get women involved but make men feel shame.

She is a liar. She has (self admittedly) no interest in gaming, she's doing it for her own financial benefit.

I personally don't give a shit whether I'm playing with men or women, but it irritates the fuck out of me that some group of people want an entire hobby's community to change because their feelings are hurt and they feel left out.
>>
>>588992353
>this cunt again
>raging against women's place in history and it being shown on screen.
>>
>>589009236
So you want a bunch of fat blue haired hamplanets?
>>
>>589003254
>>589004011
>>589004676
>>589004844
>>589005221
>>589005573
>>589006086
>>589008034

I WILL RAPE ALL OF YOU. I hope i triggered you white knights and "gamer girls" now go cry in a corner.

To girls who happen to game, game on ladies.
>>
>>589008483
this x10000
>>
>>589009086

more like you don't understand basic story telling and market demographics.

Men don't want a soap/melodrama, women do. This is why networks shoehorn stuff into primetime shows like Walking Dead.

You get just enough gore and violence to keep men interested while fagging up the show with bullshit relationship stuff.

Games are a bit different in that they depend on being fun. If you alienate your core audience by shoehorning in gays/bi's/trannies it fills the game with aids instead of decent competent story telling
>>
>>589007883
If you had ever talked with a real feminist instead of forging your opinion on some may-may on reddit you'd know that they actually fight against these too.

Gender discrimination involve every discrimination made on basis of gender. May it be against men or women.
>>
We're against feminists and attention whores.
>>
>>589008655
I feel like you still are understanding... Institutionalized sexism affects both men and women. And it affects the way men think about women, but also how women think about and treat other women. Of course it has to be a group effort.
The way women interact with each other is a product of sexism.

Everyone is hurt by sexism...men, women and everything in between. It is not nearly as black and white as you are trying to make it.
>>
>>589009750

>maymay
>troll detected
>all discussion is irrelevant
>>
>>589009750
>If you had ever talked with a real feminist instead of forging your opinion on some may-may on reddit you'd know that they actually fight against these too.

http://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/crisisandemergency/pages/domesticviolencehelplines.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0
http://www.whyileftsweden.com/?p=311
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Solanas#The_shooting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodygTkTUYM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10760239
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/womens-prisons-should-all-close-within-a-decade-7240659.html
http://www.firstpost.com/india/rape-law-amendment-where-are-the-cases-of-sexual-violence-against-men-384227.html
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Womens-groups-Cancel-law-charging-women-with-rape
http://web.archive.org/web/20070708213232/http://michnow.org/jointcustody507.htm
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/molloy-program-moms-serve-sentences-home-article-1.1337817
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/7995844/Judges-told-be-more-lenient-to-women-criminals.html
http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mas2/V74-gender-symmetry-with-gramham-Kevan-Method%208-.pdf
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/016/659dkrod.asp
http://douchebagdork.tumblr.com/post/83373265311/bastardlybrendan-sjhetalia
http://www.ageofconsent.com/comments/numberthirtysix.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/19/national/19fathers.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&
http://judgybitch.com/2014/01/22/five-rights-feminism-delivered-for-women-but-doesnt-want-to-share-with-anyone-else/
http://i.imgur.com/aob5k.jpg
http://www.law.fsu.edu/journals/lawreview/downloads/304/kelly.pdf
http://the-white-feather-movement-worldwarone.wikispaces.com/
http://www.genderratic.com/p/4207/its-shit-like-this-feminist-professor-apparently-argues-child-sexual-abuse-does-not-exist/
http://www.aifs.gov.au/acssa/docs/costello.pdf
>>
>>589009750
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13666066
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=169522
http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/is0af/send_complaint_to_cbs_against_the_talk_hosts_for/
http://imminentdeathsyndrome.tumblr.com/post/79183377644/in-another-awkward-and-humorless-moment-in-snl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCD_T9Qqpc
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/anne-theriault-/mens-rights-movement_b_5049999.html
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/24/1301671/-Elliot-Roger-Gunman-in-California-Mass-Shooting-was-influenced-by-the-Men-s-Rights-Movement
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/classify-mens-rights-movement-terrorist-group/W5018W63
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/only-men-can-be-booked-for-rape/Article1-1021702.aspx
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2009/nov/29/barbara-ellen-madeleine-martin-comment
http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/81918411593/you-do-realize-that-8-year-olds-cannot-give-any-kind-of
http://www.saveservices.org/pdf/SAVE-VAWA-Discriminates-Against-Males.pdf
http://www.law.fsu.edu/journals/lawreview/downloads/304/kelly.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHVANXh-yg
http://jezebel.com/294383/have-you-ever-beat-up-a-boyfriend-cause-uh-we-have
http://anescapedconviction.tumblr.com/post/82950097707/imminentdeathsyndrome-read-the-full-paper-here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3PgH86OyEM
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geo-safe-house
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/28/earl-silverman-who-ran-mens-safe-house-dies-in-apparent-suicide/
>>
>>589007883
But feminism not being what it was in the first and second waves does not make its point null. I did say in my post that it has been corrupted to serve a stupid agenda.

What most people who identify themselves as feminists talk about giving women more power within patriarchy even though the point should be to replace it with equality. I don't believe the pussification of the male is really a feminist stance as much as it is a patriarchal stance. Women who get to reach positions of power in modern society have to act like men because the positions of power were designed to be held by men. So what feminists should be targeting is the system, not who it's run by.

And by the way, right now we are talking about middle class, white women who call themselves feminists. Shit are still pretty archaic for working class minorities.
>>
Why aren't more people in the modelling world men? I think the current modelling set up is oppressive to men and that there need to be major modelling events that cater to men despite very few men giving a shit about modelling.
>>
>>589010102
>>589010044
aint clicking that shit nigga
>>
>>588993753
They don't call it the Internet hate machine for nothing.
>>
File: 38y39173.jpg (26KB, 560x279px) Image search: [Google]
38y39173.jpg
26KB, 560x279px
>>
File: dank.png (502KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dank.png
502KB, 512x512px
>>589010200

Nooice dubs
>>
>>588992510
roflmao@weak bait
>>
>>589009086
I think you're taking a lot of what I posted out of context. I'm not saying that every dev has to make a testosterone drenched game, but they also shouldn't be forced to create a story that they don't personally want to create. If they don't want to make a story with a female lead who's off saving Prince Needy then they shouldn't have to. If this is actually as big of an issue as Sarkeesian and other feminist gamers say it is, then they are welcome to enter the field and make it.

Secondly, the games they make don't automatically have to be a AAA game. Big things have small beginnings and if they're not willing to put in the work then it says what they really think about the industry. This is still an equal opportunity country and they shouldn't get a free pass to the top just because they dislike a certain industry's direction.

The answer to that last question is that if she actually has a drive and passion for the industry that's what should get her involved. Not how she can relate to a character. I have a drive to be involved and I don't relate to pretty much any character. Does that mean I shouldn't be involved?
>>
>>589009107
Hahah okay so your whole point is that you, personally, find that the term "girl gamer" has a negative connotation? I mean... you do see how silly that is, no?
>>
>>588992882
that be only you. neckbeard faggot.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.