[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last thread 404'd before I could post so Im starting again....Somebody

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: weed_wont_melt_your_brain.jpg (437KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
weed_wont_melt_your_brain.jpg
437KB, 1280x720px
Last thread 404'd before I could post so Im starting again....Somebody was asking how to grow weed in their closet
>>
>>584191895
OK so first things first...what state are you in? I only ask because you need to figure out what your states possession and distribution laws are and what the cross over point from misdemeanor to felony is. Next ventilation and smell, if your only going to be growing enough to smoke, and maybe a little to sell to friends, about 10 plants will be enough. Your best bet is to purchase a carbon filter, cut a hole about 8" diameter in ceiling, install small exhaust fan, then insulated duct, then carbon filter, then more insulated duct, and finally to one of the eve vents or install a seperate vent in roof (all not hard at all, about 2 hours of work)....cont.
>>
Now you need to cover the floor, walls, and ceiling with "panda poly". This is thick plastic sheeting that is reflective white on one side and black on the other. You always have reflective white side facing out so all you light is reflected and not lost. CONT....
>>
Would the smell with only 2 or 3 plants be bad enough for a filter?
>>
Start with the walls, and leave about six inches on each end for overlap. Then do the ceiling, with the overlap from the walls behind the ceiling piece, seal the seam with tape. Finally do the floor with the overlap from the walls on top of the floor piece and seal with tape forming a nice tight seal. This serves multiple purposes, light reflection, smell containment, and water/soil spill containment. You will also need to put the panda poly on the back of the door, and uses s some of those door draft guards theu sell at home improvement store to seal up the door nice and tight. You do this for same reasons as above, but also to prevent any ambient light from getting in during your dark periods. CONT...
>>
>>584197678
Strength of smell depends on the strain you are growing, the air flow in your house, and how well you seal the room. Either way you need ventilation or youll have lots of problems, plus any weed you grow, even shitty mexican dirt weed, will smell fairly strong. You have to remember that at the end of the day this is still a flowering plant and it is genetically designed to produce a strong smell to attract birds and insects for pollination. So my two cents is to always have some kind of filtration to ensure nosey neighbors dont call the cops because all of a sudden they smell the aroma of marijuana around your house consistently
>>
What about a starter strain? Something that will show mercy.
>>
So now you need to think about how much space you have and how many plants you can fit in that space. You need approx a 3ft diameter area for each plant, over crowding can lead to problems. Always grow fewer plant with better technique, and youll get better weed, just like with cooking, "dont crowd the pan". Cont...
>>
The other reason for the 3ft diameter is so you can easily move in between plants for water, inspection, and pruning. You also might want to consider building a small platform for the plants to sit on, but not a necessity. Lastly on space make sure you leave enough room for a tall oscillating fan, or be able to mount it on the wall. Reason being is that unlike olants that are grown outdoors that endure wind, your plants will basically be in a wind free zone leading to weak stalks and branches that will droop under their own weight and that if the buds. This is an absolute imperitive for a successul i door grow. CONT
>>
>>584199065

An ozone or negative ion generator can help with this to an extent. Always best to use a carbon filter though from my understanding.
>>
>>584199276
So what strain..thats a toughy...there are lots of forgiving strains out there, and it also depends on whether you prefer indica or sativa, but on average indica strains are more forgiving. You need to think about how your going to get a strain to start, depending on where u live and who you know could be easy or inpossible. But your alternative optionis to buy seeds online, which is typically safe. But as a first time grower i would seriously recommend you get some plants that are already started or just use the seeds you find in any baggie youve purchased cuz youre going to fuck up the first few times, so dont go crazy until you get comfortable with the process.
>>
>>584200846
Yes these are both good alternatives, but the ozone machine is way more expensive than a small carbon filter. he goal here is to start off on the cheap and then buy better equipment as younget your technique down.
>>
>>584196316
10 plants, 3 foot diameter per plant?
You have a 70 sq foot closet or something?
>>
So now youve got your closet prepped, and you strain picked out, you need to get a light. Your best bet is to go to your local grow store (if you have one) as they are always great places to ask questions and theyll usually cut you a good deal on a starter package. Plus once they get to know you theyll be a good source for seedlings or cuttings.
>>
>>584201756
A 7x10 walkin closet is fairly common in most master bedrooms. If you only have a smaller closet, ie typical double sliding door kind, you can get 2-3 plant in there at best usually. Thats how I started in college and then when i got a house i moved to a bigger space. Alternatively you could do what a buddy of mine did, if you have an attached garage, just build yourself a cheap grow box out of 2x4s and MDF, might cost u $100 but u can size to your needs and your in the garage so spills and access to water and tools is much easiser, plus if your grow closet is upstairs you dont have to hall bags of soils up.
>>
Holy shit just fucking go to /crops/ on 420chan
>>
Back to lighting....and to the other posters point, closet size will determine what size hood, bulb, and ballast you need. First the ballast, this is basically a power supply that connects to the hood to power your bulb. And just like PC power supply they are rated based on watts, for a 7x10 you need a single hood, a 1000w ballast and 1000w bulb, but for a smaller closet with only 2-3 plants you can get away with a 400w. Now there are in between size lime 600w but fuckit if ur buying a 600 just spend the few extra bucks and get the 1000 and grow into it, it will be cheaper in the long run. I would also strongly recommend that the hood you buy is the kind with openings on each end for cooling. Meaning you can attach small (typically 8") exhaust fan to one end and an piece of flexible duct to the other, then tying it into your exhaust out...why you might ask...cuz that buld gets fucking hot regardless of size, and heat is you enemy, you dont want the room too hit or you will stress the plants and get a shit crop or kill them.
>>
I can keep going if anyone is out there...if not ill let it die...just bored tonight and feel like being helpful
>>
>>584204138
fag
>>
>>584204670
im definitely listening bro
>>
>>584204670
I'm lurking out of curiosity
>>
>>584204906
you will get better info on /crops/
>>
>>584205021
then go to /crops/ and fuck off
>>
>>584197678
Of course it would weed fucking reeks let alone growing the shit
>>
>>584200846

ozone/ion generators can't/shouldnt be in the same room as plants, skip all this poly tarp bullshit and but a 3x3x6 tent for 100$, faggot.
>>
>>584205219
Okay you can keep taking this guy's word as the bible lol
>>
>>584204670
I am dropping my money on growing through your advice so keep going!!
>>
>>584204462

worried about heat, no it's ok, get the 1000w bulb, it'll be ok, jesus christ.
>>
The folks on here are right there are portable grow tents, etc...Im just telling you guys what has worked for me over the past 15 years...ill keep going
>>
CURIOUS QUESTION, how much are yawl paying for an ounce where you live?
>>
If you're growing, enjoy having the electricity company tell that your usage has gone up, they'll know something is up.
>>
>>584205408
yes because we're going to follow his advice and only his fuck face.
>>
>>584205846

wow did your grandparents tell you this? They do not give a fuck as long as you are paying the bill, retard.
>>
>>584205846
Just leave already faggot, you are fucking clueless
>>
>>584205781
it used to be 250 but i recently became friends with a pretty big weed dealer/grower, so i now they're about 150
>>
>>584205781
I would say 235-250 but never bought an ounce personally
>>
>>584206217
Keep telling yourself that
>>584206313
Yeah I've never grown weed cunt. But have fun with your gateway drug
>>
>>584205765
http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-Grow-Tent---Size-Original-39-x-39-x79---Silver-Lined#

had older version of this for 5 years, no light leaks, no stitch ripping, nada, with a 6" inline exhaust and can, almost smell proof.
>>
A few things....yes heat is an issue so you need proper ventilation and should size your light to the space, im only say go 1000w if your space would allow...as for electricity if your doing it right and not growing a sea of green, your bill should only up about as much as if you added a second full size, energy inefficent fridge in your house. I also home brew and have two extra old fridges for frementation and kegerator, and when I have on occasion not run my small grow its basically like one of them is turned off...dont sweat the electric bill, itll go up but no one is going to notice.
>>
>>584206558

wow it's like watching a 1950s drug movie, da police can watch ur lectric bill, hur gateway drug, get lost retard.
>>
>>584196131
I have a problem with my first grow. It started with the first leafs (bottom). They started to brown at the tips, then this proceeded along the edges until the whole leaf became dead. Then the process continued on the next level of growth (just above the previous). I figure it must have something to do with nutrients. I am growing in soil, and I bought cheap shit from dollar store because this was more of a test run to see what would happen. I used 6 CFL bulbs, 5 white lights, 1 soft light, for veg stage. Just starting flower stage now, though only a foot high. Top leaves are also showing spots of brown/red now as well. Any help on this? What kind of nutrient level should I be looking for with veg vs flowers stage?
>>
File: 1412997395436.jpg (46KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1412997395436.jpg
46KB, 420x420px
>>584206795
It is. Regret ever touching that shit. Faggot. Stoners are fucking scum.
>>
>>584205781
I typically grow my own, Cali-fag here, but when i do go to dispensary, i usually buy a few 1/8ths at about $50 each for topshelf
>>
>>584206639
Sweet, Im more of do it yourself guy, and enjoy the process of building my own set up, and since its basically semi permanent I dont have to worry about the need to quickly break down a portable set up. Im not knocking the easy ser ups they totally work, have plenty of friends that have used them and really like them, just not my thing.
>>
>>584207030
What part of cali??
>>
>>584206884

sounds like Calcium deficiency, shit soil sometimes contains fertilizer in it, your PH is out of whack, flush it with a few gallons and try to start over, use Fox Farms soil next time.
>>
>>584207654
The OC...palm trees and beaches bitches LOL
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.