[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Programmers / Software engineers / Web devs. When did you

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 12

File: 1416146083208.jpg (274KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1416146083208.jpg
274KB, 960x1280px
ITT: Programmers / Software engineers / Web devs.

When did you start?
What languages do you know?
What is the easiest to learn? how long it take?
What is the most useful or coveted language?
Fully employed or contract jobs?
Estimated annual salary?
Advice to someone in his mid 20's who wants to go down that career path?
>>
>>583008567
bump
>>
>>583008567

norwegian, swedish, danish, english, german, japanese, french.
Japanese because of similarities to norwegian and anime. Took me a year-ish.
English...
Fully employed.
~ 65k$
Get a bachelors degree.
>>
File: 1415827648673.png (2MB, 1004x1573px) Image search: [Google]
1415827648673.png
2MB, 1004x1573px
>>583008567

Shameless self bump with tits
>>
File: 1443974.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1443974.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
pic related
>>
>>583009039
he meant programming languages, ya dingus.
>>
>>583009039

should have specified. I meant what programming languages do you know.
>>
>When did you start?
like 3 years ago

>What languages do you know?
python, java, html, css, javascript (jquery), perl

>What is the easiest to learn? how long it take?
there isn't one, and about 10,000 hours of studying/working

>What is the most useful or coveted language?
there isn't one

>Fully employed or contract jobs?
neither atm

>Estimated annual salary?
100k a year if you play your cards right

>Advice to someone in his mid 20's who wants to go down that career path?
a degree in computer science is a colossal waste of money
>>
File: Untitled.png (134KB, 271x314px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
134KB, 271x314px
>>583009039
>norwegian, swedish, danish, english, german, japanese, french.

This guy.
>>
>>583009195
Why is a degree in computer science a waste of money? What is better/the best degree in that field?
>>
>>583009195
As long as you define HTML as a language and stay one of many, many web 'developers', you're probably right.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
around 3 years ago
PHP, JavaScript (jquery, angularjs, knockoutjs), html/css
Depends on what you find the easiest to step in, and as >>583009195 mentioned, 10,000 hours of studying/working.
Depends on what you want to develop.
Fully employed (intern) and contract jobs (own company)
Starters/juniors between 30-50k, seniors 75k+
this >>583009195, it's not worth the money, they care more about what you can actually do instead of having a stupid piece of paper.

Had to turn down a fulltime job of 33k/year, company car and company gas card because my fucking dad told me to finish school or else he would kick me out of the house... I wish I quit school back then and hit him in the face again...
>>
>>583009195

I've been wanting to learn to code.
I've been doing IT but i want the freedom of doing contract jobs.
>>
>>583009752
HTML is a markup language, and it can be used in software engineering. Inb4 no, WinJS+HTML is the perfect example.
>>
>>583009909
And again, its HTML + Something.
Inb4 'name one language that works on its own': Ofc you will never use any technology on its own - but HTML really isnt something worth mentioning, in particular in jobs with 6 fig. salary.
>>
>>583008567
* I started freelancing at 15 (I'm 25 now).
* C, C++, Go, PHP, JS, Python
* Depends on what you mean by "learn". I'm always learning something new. It does take a lot of time and effort to become proficient (and *good*) at any specific language.
* Doesn't matter
* Fully employed, but I do side-work anyway
* 75k/yr
* Start building little things you'd find useful - utilities, web-apps...just write some shit. Contribute to glorious open source software that you use. Become communist.
>>
>>583009764

Well i certainly don't want to go to school, I'd rather learn myself from home. But i just want to make good money while being able to travel and take months off at a time.
>>
>>When did you start?
About 7 years ago, learned on the job
>>What languages do you know?
PHP, Html/css
>>What is the easiest to learn? how long it take?
both PHP and html are probably like babbys first programming language but hey it's how I make money.
>>What is the most useful or coveted language?
Probably some form of C, objective C or C++ cause that's where apps are at.
>>Fully employed or contract jobs?
Fully employed
>>Estimated annual salary?
almost 50k
>>Advice to someone in his mid 20's who wants to go down that career path?
You should probably go to college. I didn't and I'm a pretty shitty programmer.
>>
>>583008567
>13
>java, c#, php, sql, actionscript
>learned actionscript by trying around with flash for 3 years
>actionscript 3 is bessst
>independent
>$100k - $200k
>work by feel, not by think
>>
File: 224755_1985526240144_6287114_n.jpg (82KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
224755_1985526240144_6287114_n.jpg
82KB, 479x720px
>>583009195
>html
>css
>>
>>583010247
Actually, as a web designer you are expected to know correct HTML markup and workflow to comply to Web 1.0 (sometimes 2.0, depending on what your target audience is), and this is essential for landing even a decent job as a web designer, so yes, HTML is worth mentioning IF you can prove that you actually are skilled with it (which most developers seems to forget about).

>>583010372
Definitely don't go to school. Just follow tutorials and make random shit on your own, try to make custom plugins or extensions for frameworks, or from sratch.
>>
>>583010427

>work by feel, not by think
g8 b8 m8
>>
>>583008567
When did you start?
Around 1.5y ago

mainly php, but also html, css, js

Imo the easiest is web developing, so I recommend php or ruby(i have never write in it, but i heard a lot of good opinions about it, so worth checking it if you are starting)
I was learining php for around 6 months, 0-4h a day. After that i found a freelance contract for 3 months. Atm i am fully employed as web dev for 7 months

php/java/c#

fully employed as web dev for 7 months

Estimated annual salary?
500 euro(i live in poorland and i was hired here as beginner)

Set up some challenge for your self. For me first one was a simple website with some CMS features, then the same website on one of the most popular frameworks, after that i found job :P
>>
File: 1415882617089.jpg (34KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1415882617089.jpg
34KB, 607x608px
Any advice for an 18 year old who left school in year 11 and wants to do network administration?
Also kind of curious as to how easy/hard it would be to find a job as net admin in Sydney
>>
>>583010616
Agreed - but it seems that the selfperception of 'being skilled with something' varies greatly by education of the very person.

Im talking especially about 'the expert beginner' (a term worth googling) here.
>>
>>583008567
I'm a first year engineering student and currently learning Python. Never done programming before but Python was easy to learn. Read the textbook by Zelle and you should find no difficulties learning Python.
>>
>>583010547
>>583009752

you'd be surprised to find out how many people don't know HTML or css, it shows you also have experience with front end aspects so yes it is worth noting that if you're a web developer or not
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
about 5 years ago
Java, C, a bit of Phyton (also PL/SQL, but irrelevant)
Definitely Phyton, you can learn it quickly and you'll learn well if that is your first language
C# or C++
Fully employed
Not i the US so I wouldn't know
At least get a Bac. A lot of employers won't even look at you if you don't have some formal education. Contribute to open source project and pretty up your CV while you study. Code every day, if only for half an hour.

Good luck
>>
>>583009039

This guy is clearly a fucking moron, and he is claims to be on 65k.

Although I would be surprised if this chump even knows what day of the week it is.
>>
>>583010268

That sounds like what i want to do, problem is I'm already in my mid 20's so i'm starting late.
My ideal thing would be contract work. Work a few months maybe take on off.
>>
File: A-100429-1099707549.jpg.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
A-100429-1099707549.jpg.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
I can write in C and C++ (although I'm inexperienced in the area of memory management) as well as Python and with a refresher I could do Java without too much trouble. I took a couple years of computer science classes and got an understanding of common data structures. I'm also an intelligent (at least I'd like to think), attractive white male. What are my chances of finding employment in a computer science related area?

Any pertinent suggestions?
>>
>>583009734
none

as long as you're competent in the role you're applying for you should have no trouble getting a job

i'd recommend downloading a few languages and trying them out to see which one you prefer coding in, my favorite language to work in is python because it's beautiful, well documented, lots of lots of extra modules and they're really easy to install, easyinstall and pip make things really easy. make sure you work on fun things or you'll probably lose interest after a bit, 'project euler' is a good place to go for some ideas on what to make if you can't think of anything
>>
>>583009195
Why waste of money?
>>
>>583010417

well I have decided college isn't for me.
I can learn from home as i already work from home. What job did you have where you learned to code?
>>
>>583011625
Freelancing/Consulting is OK if you can charge a lot of money for it. I only charge $55/hr right now. Most (decent) consultants make bankasfuck from it.

You should get a remote job and just work ft/pt from wherever you want.

> captcha: each regablem
>>
>>583010427

100k-200k
what type of work are you doing?
>>
>>583011631
Learn you some mem management. You can get a great job writing actual legit software rather than shitty web stuff with C/C++ skills.
>>
>>583010823

You give me hope. IF you can learn it in a little over a year.
>>
>>583008567

When did you start?
at twelve my grandfather started me out on learning batch programming, from there I went to pascal and c/c++
pascal (haven't used it in ages) C/C++ Haskell QML and Quipper.
I guess these days people start out with java, or c#
Because of my work Haskell is my most useful language but it all depends on what your aim is.
Fully employed
Estimated annual salary?
100-105k
I work in a very specialized environment I got in by luck and by being noticed at my university.
If you're starting now I guess that by your 35th you could be where I am at now. including learning as a teen and getting my degree it took around 12-15 years to get to where I am at now.

Practice, often, depending on what field you want to enter go for a comp sci degree, or just get an industry certificate.
>>
>>583011167
> A lot of employers won't even look at you if you don't have some formal education.
that's a big fat lie, a lot of employers don't even care what your education is as long as you're competent. and even for big companies like valve for example they request a degree in computer science OR equivalent work experience.

if you know how computers work and how to program you won't have trouble finding a job

http://blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
>>
2 years ago professional
PHP/html/sql and all the Adobe design shit. (Im front end).
XHTML
Depends on if ur a moron
I think php is..
Full employment
30k euros
Work hard and work yourself up. Try to be unmissable.
>>
>When did you start?
First 'website' at 12 y/o or so
First real programming started at 19
Java, php, C, Scala, sql, html, css, javascript (ajax and jquery included)
Php is easy for getting strated due to its low constraints on the programmer.
Java on the otherhand is unforgiving but will teach you programming better
Java skills can be used in a lot of other languages like C, scala and php.
Part time employed (last year of college)
10eu/h
School is for teaching you to be an all rounder
Self taught will result in a programmer, but programmer only

Either is fine as long as you do it properly and keep on learning
>>
>>583011167

Are there certifications i can get instead?
I really don't want to go to college.
>>
>>583008567

>When did you start?
Started 3.5 years ago.

Used C in my workplace. I have basic knowledge in C++. I also know html, css, xml, javascript, php, sql, bash

It is not like that. How long does it take to learn a human language? ... To what degree? Also, programming languages and softwares are far more complex than normal languages, so basically you never stop learning it.

There are trends on the market, albeit it is also very field/industry specific. For testing JAVA is the mostly used. For webpages you may use Java (please no), C#, or the html,php,sql,etc combo. In embedded systems C is the most widely used. Also, you might need scripts... These can be written in bash, etc.

It depends on what are your needs. What is pleasant for you.

country dependend. Nonetheless, as a software developer you can make good money.

Get experience :) and think about yourself, what do you want. And how you achieve it.
>>
ITT people who don't know what computer science is and how much real software developers get paid.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
Bash, Python
Python is the easiest syntax, all languages are hard
LISP
contract
$55k+
Just
Fucking
Do It

There's no easy way or magic bullet to learning coding. You just have to fucking code to learn code.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
I started hobbyprogramming when I was ~14
C, C++, JAVA
Imo the easiest to learn lang is C. It takes some time to get to know everything of it, but if you know C, the transitions to most other languages are relatively easy. (even though you will likely think that most other languages are shit)
C
>>
A degree is no waste of money. If you want to know what you're doing and not just code like a monkey.
>>
>>583011686

I've been hearing a lot of people say python.
i was told that learnpythonthehardway . org is the way to go with learning it.
>>
>>583008567

I make about 6x my national average salary working from home. That translates to double the average American salary, and with lower cost of living.

The rest I'm too lazy to write, good luck OP.
>>
>>583012102
both scenarios are true. sure, some will only look at your skills at the interview or hire you right away, but a lot of jobs will do a selection before you even get to the interview. mid or a senior don't need formal education, but a junior in his twenties does. if you freelance or participate in open source projects while you study you'll be better off then someone who does the same and doesn't have a degree.

one way doesn't mean the other way is impossible or wrong, you have to see for yourself
>>
>>583008567
>no degree, just mandatory schooling
>started with js and php with 15
>17 years later: full stack dev in js, ruby (+rails), python (+django), coldfusion, php, t-sql
>know a little bit of node.js, c, java, pl-sql, jsf, jsp and a bunch more
>most useful in the future will be js because of all the ecmascript flavors
>fully employed, about 100k

advice?
based on my experience, start with js and understand prototyping. ruby and python will then bring your understanding of abstract concepts further. if you go for the web, forget java-based frameworks (jsp and jsf are not stateless) and go directly for either django or rails.
>>
>>583012594
it depends on your field though, if you're a java programmer getting oracle certificates should be fine, if you want to work on the bleeding edge then a uni degree will help tremendously getting through the door. However in the end it's about creative thought, and showing you're capable.
>>
>When I was 13
>Any, just give me the reference manual
>I would go for python, but you should learn logic first, after that you just need reference manuals
>Depends what you like, my personal favorite is ruby
>Created my own company
>30k to 200k, depends a lot
>Depends on your country, if you can get cheap university sure, go for it, it's an interesting experience, hard and painful but interesting anyway
>>
>>583012219
depends on the language and cert level. if you go for Java Oracle will suck you dry and not in the good way
>>
>>583012606
hey choose whichever you like, here's also a great forum full of experienced people who will help you

http://forum.jedd.info
>>
>>583008567
I've been a software engineer/webdev/gamedev my whole life. I started by getting a couple titles published by a small local publisher, then went freelance. I now make Android apps, websites and developer tools for Windows.

I'll start by answering your questions, then I'll throw in some advice.

>When did you start?
Started coding on an Amstrad CPC aged 8
C,C++,ASM(x86,pic16,pic18),Obj-C,C#,.NET,HTML,CSS,Javascript,Java,PHP,MySQL,MsSQL,PostGreSQL,etc...etc..etc..
Learn C. Most languages are based on C syntax, so once you know C, languages like Java,PHP,C++,etc.. will be easy
For web, PHP (in my opinion)
Both. I've been an employed Software Engineer (embedded systems), Game Developer and self-employed Web-developer and software developer
You can make a lot of money, but expect to make pittance in the beginning.
>Write something.

Advice:
1. Learn PHP+MySQL - Elitist/Snobs laugh at PHP because a lot of Indians use it (badly) but it's a fantastic language with lots of demand
2. Learn C++ and Java if you want to get into desktop apps
3. Being freelance is actually pretty hard. There's tons of competition out there and you need a business-head if you want to win contracts
4. Everything is going mobile. For websites, learn about "Responsive Layouts", for apps learn Java (for Android) and Obj-C (for iOS)
5. MAKE SOMETHING THAT IS USEFUL TO YOU. MAKE 1 APP THAT *YOU* WILL FIND USEFUL, AND YOU WILL FIND OTHER PEOPLE WHO WANT IT. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET RICH OR FAMOUS - JUST MAKE 1 AMAZING THING THAT YOU CAN BRAG ABOUT. THIS WILL WIN FUTURE CONTRACTS WITH CLIENTS
6. Your clients/employers WILL ALWAYS see you as a resource to be exploited. *ALWAYS* have a written contract even if you trust the person.
>>
>>583009195
I'm studying a degree in Computer Science, it doesn't cost me anything(free education), is it still a waste of time?
>>
>>583012062
Yea, its possible, but you have to be aware that after less than 1 year you can find a job as a starting web dev, not as a super duper dev with a lot of money
>>
>>583012101

so itll take like 10 years to be on that level huh?
>>
>>583012851
yes but why go thousands of dollars in debt for a degree when you could not do that and have the same options?
>>
>>583013217
i said waste of money, and since you said it's free then evidently not
>>
>>583013213
Thanks.
>>
VB, Python
VB, 4 months
C++? Python?
Student
Probably 0
Enjoy!
>>
When did you start?
Java, JavaScript(angularJs, SocketIO, Jquery), C,C++, SystemC, VHDL, Assembler, ML, Prolog, "LinuxShell", Python, html
I think HTML. But not the best to begin...
C/C++
contract
>>
When did you start? 2004
What languages do you know? Javascript
What is the easiest to learn? Javascript
What is the most useful or coveted language? Javascript
Fully employed or contract jobs? Fully
Estimated annual salary? $80K
Advice to someone in his mid 20's who wants to go down that career path? Learn Javascript
>>
>>583012953
I disagree. JS hype will be dead in 5-7 years.
>>
>>583011371
65000 USD is basically the starting wage in norway, even a fucking janitor will be able to make that. since this nigger is making 65k with a bachelor degree, he is obviously retarded.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
when i was 14. on my calculator.
I've programmed in C, C#, C++, Java, Javascript, Go, Lisp, Python and maybe a handful of others.
python is stupid easy, but C is worthwhile to know.
C++ is the "standard" to the metal language, Java is also used a lot in professional settings.
At amazon or microsoft: 90k/yr starting. Somewhere else it'd be closer to 50k or 60k
Program every day.
>>
>>583008567
>About 6-7 years ago. Mainly 2nd year of college (britfag)
>C++, VB.net, Java, C#. Toyed with a few others
>VB.net, first language. Just had an affinity for it I guess. Other languages were easier to learn after that. Get a feel for one, you get the general idea.
>I like the personal power in C++. All faults are generally your own. Java/C# are more likely to have outside interferences.
>Looking for work. Just graduated University, but done lots of freelance work. Worked on a PS4 game back in November before the console was released.
>The average is around 20-24k.
>No answer is the right one, do what you want and enjoy. Doing shit things over and over again makes you gradually less shit. Don't do tutorials, do your own shit. Have your own thought and ideas. Consequently cloning some things is good practice, but ultimately solving your own problems is 100% better.
>>
>>583009181
>>583009193
>>583009243
>>583011371
First time getting baited, I'll assume. Best of luck, newfriends. :)
>>
>>583011897

That's my ultimate goal to be a consultant.
I'm just impatient and i want it now!
>>
>>583012013

Mem management?
is that specific to a language?
>>
>>583014221
Memory management is just a technique in a sense. Depends if the language lets you manipulate memory or not. That's way too far ahead, learn a language first.

Stop procrastinating and just do it. Find a tutorial or some shit, and just run with it. You'll love a few things, you'll hate a few things, you'll hate it more, you'll hit a problem.
The key is to solve that problem and realise how amazing programming is. Just stick through the shit. The feeling after is amazing.
>>
>>583013273
It took me that long, I can't predict how quick you can learn but yes, probably. I got my PhD three years ago, my professor forwarded my paper to a friend of his and I got hired from there. Started at 70k a year and moved up quickly because at that time there were only 3-4 companies world wide in this field.
>>
>>583014520
That's the other thing. Being good at programming is useful, but knowing the right people is how you get anywhere.
>It's not what you know, it's who you blow.
>>
>>583012446

Thanks for the advice /b/ro
>>
>>583012498

I understand that it just needs to be done.
I'm just trying to get guidance and advice from people with experience. And i just want to know what to expect.
>>
>When did you start?
age 17 (4 years ago)

C# C++ C Java HTML Ruby Javascript (others that aren't worth mentioning, like CSS you fucking maroons actually believe is a programming language might as well say xml for God's sake)

HTML out of the ones i listed other than those not worth mentioning, could be learned in 24 hours with the right mind set

C# is getting big recently, but that's software dev
HTML 5/Ruby (on Rails)/Javascript for web dev

currently doing freelance work app development with C#
15$/hr
getting a raise to 35-40$/hr after a few more weeks

for me not much because I'm in school and am only working part time with my freelancing

practice makes perfect
seriously
also learn data structures and algorithms, very important for software dev which is where the real money is (100k+ salaries)
>>
>>583013079

what do you mean?
>>
>>583008567
Depends what you want to do with the knowledge.
If you want to do web development start with simple programs like wordpress or MyBB, you know where most of it is done for you but you need to do the odd bit of basic coding. If nothing else it will help you grasp the basics.

If you want to do games development etc then start using simple drag and drop stuff like Game Maker studio (which may sound seriously derpy but some awesome games like hotline miami etc were made in it).

Other than that I don't really know.
>>
>>583008567
more of this girl?
>>
>>583015727
>Only faggot who noticed the girl
>>
File: 11 stages of a project.jpg (107KB, 584x550px) Image search: [Google]
11 stages of a project.jpg
107KB, 584x550px
>>583014784
expect to be challenged continually, have a good understanding of math, physics if game developing

it's also a lot of fun
>>
>>583013213

wow, That is quite a lot to take in.
I feel like im so far behind that it will take years to get to where i can make it profitable.
I am copying this down to review later though.
I think i will just have to start it as a hobby for now. especially because i don't know the first thing about programming
>>
>>583009105
H-Haskell? I've just submitted my administered task in that shit.
>>
>>583013424

lol
>>
>>583013587

guess im learning java script. lol
>>
>>583016028
yes it won't happen overnight

http://norvig.com/21-days.html
>>
>>583016028
If you want money, go into webdev. Those guys are way overpaid, and the work is crazy easy.

Don't go into thinking you'll be the next big thing, because you probably won't. It's not worth aiming for. Do it because you want to do it and you enjoy it.
It's gonna be a long and slow process but it can be a fun one.
>>
>>583013807

So you are saying learn python and then C++?
>>
>>583016529
Personally I dislike python, but other people swear by it and is recommended for beginners.
C++ definitely if you want a hard time but pretty much understand all other languages in the long run.
>>
>>583016727
What's the difference between C and C++?
Just curious
>>
>>583015727

sorry bro just some random i found on /b/ one day.
>>
>>583017006
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-vs-c++.html
>>
>>583017217
>http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-vs-c++.html
>>
>>583017006

C++ is object oriented
>>
>>583016402

Yeah thats what i want, just money and the lifestyle. I decided i don't want a 9-5 job
>>
>>583017006
One is old, one isn't.
C++ is basically an "advance" version of C. (In C/C++, you can increase a value by doing var++, so that's where the name comes from.)

And yeah, all the important stuff is there: >>583017217
>>
yo im pretty much the same as you, except im 18 turning 19 next month, and going into 2nd year (of 4) in chemical engineering at uni. I want to do this as a side project and worst to worst - something to add on my CV. Win win really. Preferably I'd love to get a lot of money making apps or something, not sure how that will go though. Did a unit beginner unit on C++ as compulsory in engineering, found it easier to understand than Java, funnily enough... but i tihnk thats because it was my first language and because of the tutorials im watching now. My end goals is to develop apps and such, on andriod firstly, then move to swift and Objective C and move into ios apps. really whatever's big in the market at the time
>>
>>583017434
I see
>>
>>583017416
Over college and Uni I had around 3 contract jobs. One job was £400 per contract, had 3 of those.
Another was £80 per day. Worked about 15 days.
Last one was £600 per contract, got two done.

These were all software based though, not web. Working home is great, but it's also hard to do. You need to be disciplined.
>>
>>583016402
>>583016402
>>583016402
one guy said creating software. now youre saying web dev is where its at.
where is it TRULY at? freelancing?
>>
>>583017737
Freelancing web dev I think personally. It's easy and people pay a lot for it. (Being a good artist helps too though.)
What's funny, is because people are so anti-tech, you can make things take twice as long as they should and extort a bit more money.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
2006 (?)
little C, ABAP, JAVA
easiest? python... then prolly java. 10 years at least
that's an awful question. depends on what you'd like to work on. you're not gonna get shit learning C and working in SAP
Fully employed
>70k euros
yeah, don't go to a university.
plus code as much as humanly possible.
the only way to learn programming, is by programming
>>
>>583008567
1.) about an hour ago
2. ) German, English, Spanish, French, Nigger, Arabic and Russian(although I don't see how that is relevant)
3.) Easiest to learn was probably English because it was so much like German.
4.) The most useful I would say would be Cantonese because more people speak it worldwide than anyone else, that is why I am currently learning Cantonese but its hard.
5.) I am fully employed. I work at Subway.
6.) Well I only started working there a week ago and haven't received my payslip but I would hope it to be about 20 Euros a shift.
7.) Uh, go for it. The manager is only 18 so it makes sense (although I am 32)
>>
>When did you start?
PHP, JAVA,HTML,JAVASCRIPT,C,C++,C#,VB,VB.NET,PERL,SQL
C#, microsoft has made it easy for noobs.
C
Fully employed
Get a Bachelors degree
>>
>>583017434
C++ is a framework for C. Like Obj-C is a framework to C. Not an advanced version of C!
>>
>>583018045

lol'd, thanks for that one bro
Also i used to work at subway.
FUCK THAT PLACE
>>
When did you start?

Started when i was 12 years old. Started with HTML, CSS, Javascript and know i added PHP, Objective-C, Java, C#

Start with javascript and then go up with Java. It will be hard though.

Still in collega atm, allmost done a few months to go.

If you want this, then it MUST be your hobby... i'm making mobile apps just for hobby, and i like it.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bands-in-town/45d6df3b-3921-4cec-926c-b1e4a8450d82

one of my apps.
>>
>>583017919
interesting. so learning python would be good for web dev and HTML. those are easy languages, i wonder if I could make any money whilst studying engineering (and perhaps a side/future career) freelancing?
>>
As a software engineer, I was making 120k at the age of 24. Most engineers who are good at what they do can make up to 200k. That number has been going up over time.
>>
>>583018123
>Get a Bachelors degree
im wondering how it goes with master? (the one after bechelor) i dont know if i should go for it or just focus on work and learning on my own (im equropean)
>>
>>583018505
>Most engineers who are good at what they do can make up to 200k. That number has been going up over time.
so as a graduate chem eng of the age 21/22 I can make near 120 K? what makes me 'good'
>>
>>583018505

explain your story?
>>
File: union.jpg (306KB, 960x1596px) Image search: [Google]
union.jpg
306KB, 960x1596px
>>583017434
c++ is not a c like language, it was a monstrosity built on top of c until it became an unrecognizable beast
>>
>When did you start?
6 years

c, c++, c#. I've made some little stuff in a lot of other langages, but nothing big

honestly, everything can be easy or complicated, depending on what you want to do and how far you want to go ...

dunno, imo some langages are better at some stuff than the others

student and freelance

12k (i'm 1 week school 1 week work)

I don't know what advice I could give (yet)
>>
>>583018610
If you go for a masters degree and you have no work experience, you will be just wasting your time. Companies won't hire overqualified grads
>>
>>583017991

By most coveted.
I meant like what will have the most job security in the future. Should have elaborated.
>>
File: retired.jpg (124KB, 1056x768px) Image search: [Google]
retired.jpg
124KB, 1056x768px
>>583008567
>When did you start?
Around 2005
C#, Java (SE & EE), Assembler (x86,x86_64, 6502, 8085)
Difficult to say. I liked assembler a lot, but I saw how other student had still pproblems after 6months.
Java & C# for the enterprise, assembler & c(++) for embedded systems.
Fully employed.
About 45k € (would equal a salary in the US about 85k $ I think)
Never stop learning. And suck a lot of dick.
>>
When did you start? When I was in my 20's
What languages do you know? C#, C++, Java, PHP
Most of the languages now are based off of some form of the C base language, meaning that they all take pretty much the same effort to learn.
C# and Java
Fully employed
Estimated annual salary?
120K + 25K in bonuses
Teach yourself - it is what I did. If you can teach yourself, then as languages change, which happens all the time, you can teach yourself the new stuff too.
>>
>>583018860
>>583018127
I was trying to dumb it down. You can hate it all your like but it has its place.
>>
>>583018415

You say to start with javascript?
any specific reason?
>>
>>583018635
You tell me. I'm not a chemical engineer.
>>
>>583018953
im working, graduating and getting bachelors soon
master + work ? work + learniing on your own?
>>
>>583010823
>useful
>php/java/c#

my sides
>>
Java, c++, objective c, html, javascript, python, ruby, fortran and others
Apart from html, python is easiest compared to power. It'll take you maybe a week to learn at most and a little longer to master.
I've found that java has gotten me the furthest
I do contract jobs, but I used to work in a company (fucking sucked)
I usually earn about £30k per annum
Fucking do it, as long as you love maths and solving problems (and coping well with stress) you're all good. Consider specialising in a particular industry like medicine.
>>
What are some good data structures and algorithms textbooks that are worth a gander.
>>
>>583019248

mostly because it isn't objective orientated. for beginners thats the hardest part to understand !

and besides that, you can create fun visual things with javascript in a jiff ! (website) building something in Java requires more skills to see something visually
>>
>>583019296
If you've got more than a few years work experience, go for the masters degree. You'll get a boost in salary expectations when looking for a job. Learning on your own should be something you do even if you are studying. You have to love this programming and computer shit. I'm starting my masters next year so good luck with yours
>>
>>583013592
i remember hearing the same 5 years ago, and 5 years before that, that it's a joke of a language. i can't tell for sure where the language is in 5 years, but as long as google and others are pushing it, stick with it.
>>
>>583019915
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Flash is starting to die, if not already dead.

>>583019248
Maybe learn Haxe. It's a new and "upcoming" language. It's a niche you could exploit. Always money in niches.
>>
>>583019856
i love it but working and studying dont left you much free time where you can do something on your own
im working for almost a year so i think it would be good to go get this master
>>
>> When did you start?

>> What languages do you know?
PHP, MySQL, Bash

>> What is the easiest to learn? how long it take?
Taught myself PHP with Tizag. 9 years of knowledge later I would be considered an expert.

>> What is the most useful or coveted language?
Whatever get's the job done.

>> Fully employed or contract jobs?
Doing contract work in webdev eventually led me to hosting. I have my own business.

>> Estimated annual salary?
Between $150k and $250k depending on how good the year was.

>> Advice to someone in his mid 20's who wants to go down that career path?
Fuck you. I don't need competition.
>>
>>When did you start?
About a year ago
>>What languages do you know?
HTML, CSS, Javascript basics and some C#
>>What is the easiest to learn? how long it take?
Eh, well there is no easy way I guess. A good way to start could be to google HTMLDOG and follow those tutorials, thats what I did. Start with HTML, do a litle bit of CSS (you'll get the hang of it very quick and it's boring anyway) and then go to the Javascript tutorial.
>>What is the most useful or coveted language?
Eh, really depends on what you want to do. But Javascript, c# and c++ are well used. You could also go for a more complicated language like Erlang. Not many people use it, but because of that it can make you tons of sheckles.
>>Fully employed or contract jobs?
I'm still studying. I have a few friends that have their own business. That's what I personally want myself aswell.
>>Estimated annual salary?
Buddy of mine just launched his newest project and is already making around €5k a month.
>>Advice to someone in his mid 20's who wants to go down that career path?
Personally, I advice you to take classes. At my college, I can almost fully decide whatever I want to do, whenever I want to do it. I dont have classes or anything. Might sound useless, but the fact that you're sitting in a room with 30 other dedicated programmers really gives you a drive.

Good luck!

oh btw, dont start with php. It's boring and it's worthless imo. Just because it's so fucking easy, nobody needs a "php=professional" really.
>>
>>583008567

>Sometime in 1984
>C++, C#, Objective-C. HTML and PHP if you count those. If I had to, I could recall how to write code in BASIC and assembly language.
>BASIC was probably easiest to learn, after that C# because of my C++ experience.
>Depends on what you do...for me it's C++ and C# for game and business app development
>Fully employed
>$95K (in Florida)
>Write programs in your free time. Figure out what you like and don't like and pursue what you do like. If you can find a mentor, that's a nice bonus.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
c, c#, java, javascript, php, css, html
Java or c#, both easy and very similar so its easy to jump from one to another. How long depends on how stupid you are.
For me it's c#. It depends on what you do and what you need.
Still a student.
Getting a degree will help you get a job but you also need to have a strong portfolio. As a webdev you can do freelance work. [spoiler]You can also get into gamedev if that interests you.[/spoiler]
>>
>>583020071
flash died because of js. i used flash extensively for animations and interactive contents during the time of netscape navigator and ie6. js and browser rendering improved a lot, so flash became obsolete. with html5 it will die out certainly.
>>
>>583020118

How did you go from programming to hosting?
was it pretty easy? what is your lifestyle like?
>>
Studied IT in high school, learnt a bit of assembly, c and pascal and basis of OOL with Java and C#.
After school i found a job as a delphi developer (with a contract job for 3 years), full employee as a java developer now, still in that software house.
So:
> started in 2009 at school (3 years of fomation)
> i know delphi, java, c# ; other as php, js and css (learnt at work, i did 6 months as a web developer); DML such as Sql and Oracle 10/11
> pascal, it's basically english, doesn't take too long unless you do complocated stuff but it's not very much in use nowadays
>java and database masters, also mobile and web developers
>full employed
> about 1.3k per month + 1,3 for christmas
> no need for engieering, it's a waste of time and money, by experience i learnt much more at work than my friends who still study.
God luck bro and apologies for my english hahah
>>
>>583020106
One year work experience is not much when looking for a job . I would get more xp before going for the masters
>>
>>583008567
>19
>C++, Java, MATLab, Python
>Java is the easiest to start with, will take time if you know nothing though. If you are a faggot start in visual Basic.
>C++ or GO are mans languages
>Fully Employed
>96k salary plus bonuses (Im 22)
>go to a good school or put in the hours to understand similarities between all languages rather than memorizing.
>>
>>583020239

Never heard of erlang. Ofcourse im new to programming, I also would like to have my own business or contract work. It would be nice to just be free of commitment.
>>
>>583008567
Do it, talented C# dev can expect $80-90k/yr.

I started as a script kiddy using vb3, moved on to web development using perl and php, learned ASP then .Net vb and c#, SQL. For whatever reason I moved into systems and network administration and fell behind on my coding. It was a bad choice, dev make better money.
>>
>>583008567
Also any variant of C and JAVA will probably be your best bet as most languages are C like. If you're young do contract work as you'll get exposed to more stuff and be better rounded. RPG programmers with workflow and business/manufacturing experience make a shitload of money.
>>
>>583020396

see i think I would rather have all the tools needed to do freelance. And just slowly develop that skill.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
Um, 6th grade (20 years ago)

C/C++/C#, Java, Delphi, bunch of web languages (perl, php etc)

Just do it, all the time every day, takes years to learn everything

Learn java for mobile apps, php or .ne/ c# for websites, desktop apps learn .net/c# for windows, c++ for linux/mac

Full time employee of the state

60kish/year

Don't do it if you don't love it, make it an art form or you'll hate every day of your life
>>
>>583020730

I appreciate your input bro.
Thank you. Where are you from by the way?
>>
>>583009195
This guy is wrong on every point
>>
>>583021635
To freelance as a webdev you need to know your way around html, css (both piss easy but can be frustrating and buggy), javascript, php and sql. Like someone else already pointed out earlier, you should learn responsive web design and you should probably also look into services like wordpress. It's also possible to be a specialist in one of those but atleast in my country it's easier to find freelance work if you're capable of making the whole damn thing yourself.
>>
>>583021758

This concerns me, because i don't really love it to begin with. I just like the money and the lifestyle of having flexibility.
>>
>>583008567

Im a software tester. Started working 6 months ago. I know Java and Python. None are easy, takes quiet some time and dedication. Did internship during education that led to a job. I estimate my salary to be 60k $ in my first year.

Live in Scandinavia and im 21.
>>
>>583022289
no offence, but you should not go for programming then. People who slack with programming and dont want to invest time because it's "boring" and stuff will have no job at all later on. Programming is a lot of work. I do it for atleast 12 hours a day. And that's concidered average.
>>
>>583022289

this:
>>583022498

Programming isn't for everyone, in the beginning I'd put in 18 hours a day for no pay just to keep up with everything. The job is always changing and its a ton of work, also the pay is "great" if you get in with the right companies and most of them wont hire you without a good degree. I make 60k but the national average for my job description is 80k. I got my degree on the streets at the school of hard knocks. :P
>>
>>583022498

So its not something you can mindlessly do to just make money?
>>
>>583022289

For that exact reason is why i became a software tester instead of engineer. Hardly any programming, flexibel, good money and very fun.
>>
>>583010841
I did this, main advice is to get your fed and a degree, unless you plan to be a consultant. Second advice is learn everything you can, start at some shit shop repairing equipment, move to tech support, get your CCNE if you want networks, Microsoft and VMware certainly if you prefer systems, go work for a consulting firm, enterprise IT is boring.
>>
>>583022849

So what did you have to do to get where you are?
>>
>>583022828
get
the
fuck
out

like I said, dont do it for the money. Programming really is a way of life. You have to love it, else it won't make you a single penny.
>>
>>583022498
Yes, it can take hours to get into the zone and you have to live in code to be any good at it
>>
>>583008567
>>583022289

Instead of asking other people where they when / how they started, you should ask "How do I start?"

And a really good place to start is www.codecademy.com

Now, if not most, of the coding snobs in this thread will poo-poo that as being too "elementary", too much hand holding. But I found that after getting a late start on coding myself, it was very nice to have a self-pace instruction program that allowed me to see instant results of what I was being taught, and the flexibility to goof around with the lessons and teach myself little extra things that helped me really grasp the concepts they were laying out. Frankly, to me, it was a lot better than just cracking open a Programming 101 book and trying to grind it out like that. Check it oout and see if you like it. Oh yea, it's 100% FREE, so you can't beat the price.
>>
>>583022875
Ged
>>
>>583022828
You should get into MonaVie
>>
>>583023190
>codecademy
>good
pick one.

Codecademy is fucking retarded. I've seen so many bad examples there. Also they dont do everything by the google conventions. And in my opinion, that's a very very important aspect to learn at the beginning. Else you'll have to addept and relearn all the conventions again in a year or two.
>>
>>583023016

There is a specific education to become a software tester here in Sweden where i live. 1,5 year long education, 97% has a job whit in a year. Thats all and the education is located in 2 cities here. I guess I was lucky. Uni/College is free for locals here so i guess i was lucky with my options. The education is pretty much structured for you to get into the working life straight after graduation. As i said, you do an internship for 2-3 months and thats were you set up your contacts and establish yourself cus when you are done with the internship you are done with your studies and if youve done good well that gets you a job :)
>>
>>583023358

care to explain?
>>
>>583009195
Well, I might say that you're wrong.
I'm actually in 2 year of CS bachelors, and doing research in CAGD.
Also, I'm integrant of my University (UFPE - BR) competitive programming team.
Knowing which doors you have to open to get the best opportunities in this area is more important than knowing a bunch of languages.
I've received an offer from IBM and Facebook to do internship. And they only accept you with a CS bachelors.
Ofc, if you're a true genius you might not need a bachelors, but besides that, without it you're going to be just the freelancer guy who wins 100k/yr
>>
>>583023480

Like I said, the fucking snobs look down on it.

Hey shitstick, when you build an interactive, self-paced, completely free website that teaches coding "the right way", I'll be sure to send people to your website instead. Until then, kindly go fuck yourself with a cactus.

People need to learn if they are even going to like programming before they start memorizing your rules made of stone.
>>
When I was 8.
Php, c++, c, python, php, as3, java
Python 4 months
Depends on what you want to do
Still 13 but I made 400$ in ad revenue on a shitty flash game I made. I get a ton of free shit from companies like Apple + Microsoft, like a mac and a surface pro. Win a lot in competitions too, I'd say i've gotten 2000$ in prizes.
>>
>>583008567
string this = "/b fag";
literal.text = What are you + this
>>
>>583008567
When did you start?
> about 10y ago
>delphi, python, c/c++, java/groovy some others
> it's easy and fast to learn programming. It's hard and long to learn how to be a good programmer
> there is no perfect language. All languages have pros and conts, depending on the project and personnal preference.
> fully employed
Estimated annual salary?
> about 30000€
> do it, it's a great job
>>
>>583023983
HTMLdog is 100 times better imo. They teach you the basics and they do it in a GOOD way.
>>
>>583024090

do not understand
>>
>>583008567

4y ago
C Cpp C# php html
C# was easiest for me and it was damn fun
Cpp
2 contract jobs
hard to say im still freelancer
Better be best or dont fucking try
>>
0xajun
>>
>>583024289
Then there is a long way 2 go :)
>>
When did you start?
late 90s
C#, JavaScript, Java, C, Python
how deep do you want to get into it? couple weeks till multiple years
C#, Java
full
Estimated annual salary?
$120k (finance industry pays you well)
>>
>>583008567
Started when I was 16 or so (just fucking around with modding games like a faggot).
I know html, php, python, cobalt, perl, java(javascript and other retarded useless shit), c/c#, scala.
easiest to learn IMO was java, doesnt mean it is easy; just easiest out of all that I know.
There is no most useful language it all depends on your field of interest.
Right now contract jobs(mostly helping local businesses build websites)
If you can land a decent one anywhere from 80-120k
Do not waste your money going to some fancy fucking college, go to a nice tech school it will look just as good to any potential employers and be much cheaper.
>>
>>583008567
I'm still learning languages myself

I'm learning java at the moment and essentially know css. I hardly consider html a language anymore. It just sort of is a thing I guess.

Planning to continue with more languages just for the sake of interest into the field but no fucking clue about career paths yet aside for things I personally want to use these languages for.
>>
>>583024436

yeah there is, i know NOTHING about programming, And based on peoples responses i don't think i will pursue it.
>>
>>583009734
Not the guy you posted to, but it would make more sense to get a computer engineering degree. Rather than a computer science degree you learn the same shit but have a better degree title.
>>
>When did you start?
6 Years ago

C#.net with ASP or MVC, Java, Coldfusion, SQL, Javascript, HTML 5...

its up to you, coldfusion its pretty easy

c#

Fully employed

do what yo enjoy to do, i'm on my late 20s
>>
Uni is a catch 22. I had a shit 3 years, but I met some good people and got some good work out of it. (Outside of Uni. The whole thing itself was useless, but the contacts are important).

If I didn't go to Uni, I wouldn't have gotten referred to a guy looking for a graduate PS4 programmer. I got to have a devkit before the actual console got released.
>>
>>583024619
please dont. Since you dont like it to begin with, just do not start.

It should really be that thing you cant do without. If I won't program for a day, I'd feel useless and distracted from everything.
>>
File: 1413142391001.png (180KB, 395x468px) Image search: [Google]
1413142391001.png
180KB, 395x468px
>When did you start?
3 years ago. I'm a noob.

> What languages do you know?
Java, Python, SQL, DOT, a bit C++ and a bit C#, and am getting better.

Html takes an afternoon. If we are talking about proper programming languages I'd say python. .

> What is the most useful or coveted language?
Pseudocode. You can then use it with any language

> Fully employed or contract jobs?
I would love to be fully employed

Not nearly enough.

Think about what you want to do? Apps? Embedded programs? AI? More than one is okay. Try to develop your people skills and to have diverse interests. Always try to learn more not only in programming but about everything. The learning never ends
>>
>>583024619
Programming has to be a passion. Not everyone "gets" it either. There are some fuckwits that get through, but they end up making the profession worse, and even worse for people who get their jobs later.
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
2 years ago

Java, Javascript, PHP, HTML, CSS

Taught myself HTML and CSS, did Java in school. Currently use a lot of PHP, HTML, CSS for web dev making wordpress themes.

For me PHP

Both, own my own business

50K CND

I got a diploma at a tech school. That atleast will give you some paper to show future employers you accomplished something.
>>
>>583024090
isnt this a reserved word in ur faggot language ?
>>583008567
>> 5 years ago
>> java, c#, php, javascript, css, html,...
>> just pic one and learn it. doesent matter how long it takes. im still learning
>>idk
>>fully empoyed
>> 23~~ € a month + / - 100-300 € depending on quarterly bonuses
>>dont do it for the money. u need to do it if u really like it or you will not succeed
>>
>>583024259

Looking at the beginner code on HTMLdog, it is formatted EXACTLY the same as it is taught on codeacademy.

I'm all for more sources, but you're a dumb cunt for saying HTMLdog teaches better from the start. They are practically the same, except that HTMLdog is not interactive.
>>
File: Breaking Bad (1).jpg (45KB, 513x511px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Bad (1).jpg
45KB, 513x511px
>>583009195
obv retard is obv.
Maybe YOUR CS degree is useless if you think HTML is a programming language LOL.
>>
>>583008567
ITT: Programmers / Software engineers / Web devs.
>When did you start?
Feb 2014
C++, C#, VHDL, assembly
C#. i learned it quickly because i was assigned a solo project and used it daily for 9 months
for me personally, learning sorting algorithms for C++ data structures. forces you to constantly use all the fundamentals (if-statements, for-loops, etc), learn how to be efficient, how to be a diligent and patient problem solver, etc. once i had suffered through it, other new languages were easier to grasp
fully employed
65k usa
a person who is excellent in one programming language is usually worth more than someone who is an average coder in multiple languages
>>
>>583022289
You will get nowhere then, unless you are really good at making templates from others work and unifying shit so it doesn't look a mess, and you can easily get prototypes up and running without having to google 500 times in a week.

If you lack the ability to both love programming or love tinkering to make templates, you'll go nowhere.

Alternative solution, fix peoples computers for them, be very straight forward, say you "don't care about your files contents, just that they are recovered, I don't judge anyone."
Start up at home, they can drop computer off, you fix, "hey brah compootah fixed, come pick it up", done.
For those that can't travel, you could offer a go-to-the-home service where you can go there and pick it up, for an extra payment. If you have no car, this may be harder, but not impossible.
Now you just need to go Google for all the best file recovery, anti virus, rootkit and everything else. Hell, pirate all Windows versions while you are at it so you can repair OSes that have been shit on by really nasty viruses.
>>
>>583022008
I'm from nothern Italy mate
>>
>>583024619

You really should stop listening to these people. It's in their interest to discourage people out of the market.

I code as a hobby, and to help my fellow IT techs with customized automated tools (that's why I started coding).

Leave this shit hole and go checkout www.codeacademy.com Spend an hour or so going through the basic tutorials and see if it's something you like doing.
>>
>When did you start?
5 years ago

C#, c++, basic,windev, ruby, lua, python, java, html, css, javascript (jquery), bootstrap

visual basic is easy

there isn't one

Fully employed

110K years

learn by yourself
>>
>>583008567
>When did you start?
ages 12, php3
C#, MySQL, PHP, Javascript
PHP
PHP for web / Linux CLI
C# for Windows Applications
Javascript for Apps
Fully employed
in USD it would be around 130 000 after taxes, I live in Switzerland
Yes, learn PHP
>>
Start with c or c+.
>>
>>583008567
30 years ago
some FORTRAN, Basic, Visual Basic, C#, some Java
C#
Employed
$130K
Teach yourself and build stuff for fun
>>
13 years old
Python, PHP, Java, JS, web (html5 etc.), Clojure, Common Lisp, C/C++, Assembly (nasm ++), and ~20 more.
hasn't been made yet.
In college.
No idea.
Learn assembly, then everything seems so easy.
>>
>>583009105
nice wall m8
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.