[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other Lock pickers on /b/...... I use Sparrow and a mix of

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14

File: lopckp[ick.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
lopckp[ick.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Any other Lock pickers on /b/...... I use Sparrow and a mix of other types, so far I have only picked easy master locks and a few luggage locks... working on a american 5200 right now
>>
>>580582867
would love to get into lock picking. how much to start
>>
>>580583004
The best starter kit is the sparrow tuxedo.. its about 35-45 dollors depending where you are at, but it has just what you need to get started.
>>
>>580582867
get a dremel and some hacksaw blades. much stronger than stainless steel ( what all kits are) and a shit ton cheaper
>>
>>580582867
Tried making my own, but couldn't get a feel for it.

Made them out of hacksaw blades and managed to impress a dude that does engineering at a large manufacturing plant nearby considering that I only used a grinder and sandpaper.

I've shimmed locks, but picking is beyond my grasp for some reason. Could have been the tools I suppose.
>>
>>580583004
I had started with the southford pxs-14kit, but I found the tuxedo kit to be stronger and thinner and have exactly what I need, it is best though to order grips to slide onto the picks so the flat metal doesnt mess up your fingers, and order some extra tension wrench sets
>>
File: 1362115482977.jpg (28KB, 668x799px) Image search: [Google]
1362115482977.jpg
28KB, 668x799px
>>580582867
thank me later.
>>
File: lock-picks.jpg (26KB, 334x400px) Image search: [Google]
lock-picks.jpg
26KB, 334x400px
>>580583323
>>
>>580583284
not all kits are stainless steel.... also you would be surprised at the small degree of difference it takes between 2 similar looking picks for one of the picks to work and not the other
>>
>>580583089
now whats the difference between the 3 pieces on the left and the 3 pieces on the right? is there any important difference between the two styles?
>>
>>580583450
The width is the main difference, because some locks you have to put the tension wrench in the top and some the bottom, so really the width matters for different locks. plus like with this american 5200 lock I had to cut down the tension wrench so it fits flush to make it easier to put tension on
>>
>>580583557
oh ok. now whats the difference between the actual picks? and are there different names for each one
>>
>>580583312
electrical tape or rubber dip mine
>>
>>580583734
the actual picks are for how much room you have inside the cylindar to pick, I just know that they have different names,. I just know of them as snake, diamond tip, half diamond tip... and there is also the "rake" also known as a bogata, it is shaped like some waves, and there are plenty of locks you can pick just by shoving it in and out really fast, I have found that those small luggage locks on suit cases are very easy to rake open, also a few cheaper master lock types can be raked open instead of picked
>>
I pick with a southord set I bought a while back, round 40 bucks for a 30ish piece set.
>>
Peterson picks are the best
>>
>>580583748
online there was a set of 9 rubber grips for like 2$ so I just ordered that and they slid on my sparrow picks perfectly
>>
I tend to only need an s rake and a short hook. I have a at for my wallet and a set for my jacket. jacket set is from southord
>>
>>580583960
How long does it take to master the basics of lock picking? And what are some tips youd give for beginners?
>>
Get some basic shims and make sure you get a locksmithing permit so you can have tools on you legally
>>
>>580584014
yea I also got a set of southford, it came in a nice smelling leather case, I have ordered a few individual picks that are peterson and some tension wrenches also. I mostly use either the peterson or sparrow picks. the sparrow tuxedo had everthing needed to start off with
>>
MIT guide to lock picking
>>
>>580584091
shit I still havnt mastered it.. im still a beginer only picking like 10-20$ master locks, just watch some videos on you tube,, bosnianbill is the best in my opinion, he is a real master
>>
but its a chill ass hobby though, you can just sit back while watching tv or a movie or something and just pick away, and better understand the feeling each time... but it feels great when you feel that cylinder twist, like solving a puzzle
>>
>>580584165
yea I know if a cop wants to be a real dick he can charge me for having a set on me
>>
>>580585040
Some areas you can have them legally without a license. So long as you are not committing a crime, then they are considered "burglary tools".
>>
>>580584298
well thank for all the answers. would you like some ass, pussy, or teens for a reward?
>>
>>580585401
some countries it is illegal to have them, I know in the UK it cost about twice as much to order them online
>>
Hey guys, I have picked dozens of locks by using different keys. But I really need to get a set I guess.
I'm a poorfag and can only invest 20 euros right now. Should I get this?
http://www.sparrowslockpicks.com/kick_start_p/s-0.htm
>>
>>580585960
I dont think sparrows dilivers outside of the US, there is only one site that does Im pretty sure
>>
Say if I wanted to open a dumpster/rubbish bin with a padlock to see what is inside. What would be faster to use. A bump key or a lockpick set?
>>
>>580586234
if your bump key works try that, if not try rakeing that shit open before picking, rake work a suprising ammount of the time
>>
>>580586234
And I imagine using a bump key on a padlock hanging down would be hard considering the angle, I would probably just try to rake it first
>>
Okay, so: targets
What locks do you pick? What are the 'safest' targets?
Have you broke in any apartments?
>>
>>580586936
I do it when im just chillin, like a hobby watching tv or something I just pick locks like a puzzle... I havnt even tried to pick a door yet
>>
>>580586667
Locksmith here, agree with this anon.
if bumping is what you are good at, do it.
But I would recommend picking it (rake). If you are any good you can get on just as quickly, with a lot less noise, and tje angle harldy matters.
>>
The way it started for me was that one time I locked myself out of my car and said to myself, "never again". After figuring out how to pop open car doors it naturally progressed to picking regular locks because fuck it, might as well know how to open your own front door in case you lock yourself out. Now it's all a puzzle game hobby for me that has the benefit of giving you the ability to break in or out of various locks/handcuffs/cars at will. Have never used my powers for evil, though have been tempted a few times because I am a goddamn human after all.
>>
>>580587645
I have only been doing it for a few months as a hobbby , I guess once you get good at all kinds of locks and have the equipment you can probably make a good living off of it?
>>
>>580583437
This. Decent picks are made of spring steel, like a hacksaw blade.

mind you, if you are bending or breaking stainless or spring picks, you are working them too hard, or you're doing something wrong
>>
>>580588049
I own my own business, but can't work full time.
I would say if you get really good, and there isn't too much competition in your area, sure, you could make a decent living off of it.
if there is already a lot of competition, try working of the biggest locksmith you can find.

This is if you want to do things legit.
you could make a shit load more if you are willing to risk it.... I would guess.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 323x156px
licensed locksmith here. 7 years experience. im in the US i use an HPC novice pick set as there isnt much it can't get into. I use a more rigid tension wrench than the one that comes in the set and mostly use the rake and once in a while a hook or diamond pick. i dont use picks on automotive, except the Lishi for some high security.
>>
>>580582867
Amatuer status. When you open a lock with 2 paper clips come talk to me.
>>
>>580588579
Another locksmith here, 2 years smithing I use the same one. The o my difference between these and the high end ones are the fancy handles.
>>
>>580582867
I have a couple tools I have made/bought from auto tool suppliers. I started picking for fun as a kid, but it has become extremely handy.

>be a huge guy, but can get in and out of places unnoticed easily
>>
>>580588049
Also, legit or not, use gloves.
you want something that will stop you leaving prints, but it MUST be thin enough that you can feel the picks properly.
>>
>>580588772
I have tried with paperclips and bobbi pins, I can never get tension though to even start to pick
>>
>>580588772
Faggot, what are you getting into, a desk drawer? Get the fuck out of here. Probably picked a cheap home depot peice of shit lock.
>>
>>580588049
I work for a locksmith that's been doing it for 50 years. Guy makes bank. But its not only bout lock picking. I break into safes too, lots of money there.
>>
>>580588579
My nigga, im the same, I love an s rake.
Double ball for some automotive.
Hardly pull out any picks, though I prefer a diamond over a hook.

pro-tip
if you have already bought a larger set of picks, practice with all of them, just incase you lose/break what your good with, you need to be able to use your other shit.
>>
>>580588838
>HPC novice
Not a locksmith but use a pick set regularly, I prefer all picks and tq wrenches. I can feel what's going on if the lighting is poor. I've been using the same cheap pick set from amazon for years(second or third set from them bending.) I prefer a hook or a rake for most standard tumblers.
>>
>>580589478
I have only just started a couple months ago, I have picked a wide variety of master locks and luggage locks, Im still not that good at it though because I am having trouble with an american series 5200 that the army issued, but I see someone like bosnianbill do it on youtube in about 30 seconds.... I just gota get better with my feel of security pins I guess
>>
>>580589091
Same here. I've bent the tip of a jeweler's standard screw driver and used it as a tq wrench in a pinch
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (51KB, 1149x546px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
51KB, 1149x546px
>>580589091
buy real tools. here is everything i use on most residential and commercial locks. I don't typically pick padlocks and i don't understand why most beginners want to practice on them, the keyways are small and hard to move around in and most manufacturers use spool or mushroom pins. if you want to practice the technique buy a cheap kwikset deadbolt and hold it upright so the pins are sprung correctly (upside down or horizontally installed locks make picking a little more difficult because no gravity for the sprung pins).
>>
>>580589718
American locks are notoriously hard to pick, its not just you. Master locks are easy-town, move on to door or deadbolt locks. Make sure if you rake a few times and get nothing, to release tension and start from scratch. If you raise the bottom pin to high it'll be right in the way of the shear line, so you'll have to start over.
>>
>>580589476
you sound like a liar or a nigger. you should have the professionalism not to know what is in someones safe. its none of your fucking business even and especially if you were the one opening it for a customer.
>>
>>580589967
I use a sparrow kit, I was just replying to the anon that said he could pick with paper clips, I was saying that I had tried before but could never get the right tension with paperclips or bobbi pins. I just havnt tried a door yet, only masterlocks and other locks that are cheap and easy to pick. The american series 5200 is what I am having problems with now because I have not been doing it long enough to get the feel for the security pins
>>
>>580589091
If you are using shit like paperclips, you will need to hammer the sides flat (a tad) or it will be far too weak to pick most shit. A guess a bobby pin would be better, but you still need to bend the tip or you wont be able to pick the further ping.

>>580589874
I prefer a lighter tension, but I do have a few smaller allen keys that I have ground the sides off. That way if I need one (fuck knows why) I have some on me in my pick set (or wallet)
>>
>>580590250
No you moron, lots of money in being PAID to open safes. They usually have bullshit in there you fucking autist.
>>
File: url4.jpg (41KB, 317x350px) Image search: [Google]
url4.jpg
41KB, 317x350px
German hobby lock picker here. I use Majestic. For opening doors that aren't locked, I use *see picture*
>>
if you a trying to rake a pin or wafer lock open you should start from the back of the cylinder and rake forward with a technique similar to fingering a girls g spot, vary the amount of tension and dont fight the lock, submit to the universe and just relax, dont let the pressure of the situation take over. we are on a rock, floating in space.
>>
>>580590365
I was replying to the first guy that said he had used paper clips, I tried once and seemed ridiculous so I didnt try again with those or bobbi pins
>>
>>580590492
I always hear that their is a difference between US and euro locks
>>
>>580590523
Bro, I didn't know we were getting so deep. Bro, you just opened my life...
>>
>>580589718
I do a lot of my gain entry job at night, so getting to a point where you can open a lock by feel, in near-pitch black conditions is a must.
especially if you dont want to be drawing attention to yourself.
wouldn't want a nosey neighbour giving you grief because you have a torch on...
While you are letting someone into their place...
>>
File: bestreaction.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bestreaction.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>580590470
fuck you.
>>
>>580590645

I wouldn't say European locks are easier to pick. It greatly depends on the quality and complexity of the lock. Most of the times, it's cheaper to simple break the fucking lock and install a new one than to call a locksmith and have it opened.
>>
>>580590534
I know, just replying to yours because you mentioned a tension issue.
plus im on my phone, cbf tagging every relevant post
>>
>>580591056
truth.
>>
File: 20141117_101059.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20141117_101059.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I opened a safe that a cop brought in, said he'd give us half of what ever was found. Bunch of bullshit papers in there.... And these lel
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (5KB, 400x126px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
5KB, 400x126px
heres a pretty cool tool/idea for going around the locking cylinder on a door that has a lever...

you hold the larger end without the wire hanging from it and slide the other end under the door and around the lever. then you pull the wire thereby pulling down the lever handle and push the door open (usually with your head lol)
>>
>>580591579
I probably try my first kwikset door today, like said, so far its only been cheap masterlocks and other cheap locks that I buy from home depot or auto shops every once in a while....
>>
>>580591419
It's like the first dropbox
>>
>>580591056
Yup, this.
Plus different countries prefer to manufacture/install their locks differently.
springs pushing down can be easier pick, but the spring will last longer, springs pushing up can be harder to pick (barely) but wear out quicker, because the springs are constantly fighting gravity.

plus in that setup, since the springs are at the bottom of the lock/keyhole, the are more likely to collect dust or what ever, and jam up quicker.
>>
File: vault outside.jpg (924KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
vault outside.jpg
924KB, 1456x2592px
heres a vault door i serviced for wells fargo
>>
File: 5200.png (48KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
5200.png
48KB, 160x213px
I am very novice to picking so this is my goal right now, it is what we used when I was in the army. It would have been hand to know how to pick it back then instead of having to drive back to hq and sign out the bolt cutters. this 5200 is being a bastard to me until I can get the feel just right
>>
>>580591883
Very nice, glass relocking device in the back. The company I work for isn't equipped to handle opening something like that if it locks up.
>>
>>580582867
>Bogota Entry Toolset
>titanium
>can pick my way into a fucking nuclear silo with these babies.
>>
>>580591419
Cop gave you half the contents of the safe? Yeah, fuck the chain of evidence...
Likely they had you open if from a friend of theirs, or it was their safe.

I've opened one for a couple of cops before, that had a loaded 9mm, some meth and a stack of cash in it. Pricks were watching over my shoulder the whole time, had to fill out paperwork n shit.
>>
>>580591883
I wouldnt even know where to begin with that, I would probably use a stethascope to listen even though that probably doesnt even work
>>
>>580592016
Not gonna be able to pick that, bud.
>>
File: lock bodies.jpg (930KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
lock bodies.jpg
930KB, 1456x2592px
heres the inside of the vault door with the trim panel off showing the lock bodies and timelock...

changed the combination on both dials, cleaned and lubed all moving parts and documented the linkage layout.
>>
>>580590523
>if you a trying to rake a pin or wafer lock open you should start from the back of the cylinder and rake forward with a technique similar to fingering a girls g spot

implying anyone here (a) has ever fingered a girl or (b) would know where the g-spot is.
>>
>>580582867
done a titanmax mark 4 safe not too long ago
>>
>>580592016
try bumping it, it probably has a shitty restrictive keyway and spool pins....
>>
>>580592149
its pickable. bosnianbill on youtube will pick and then guy his locks to show that it was all legit. I have taken one apart, it only had to security pins in it, and I have picked a lock that had security pin in it before, this lock is very frustrating, but I believe it is pickable
>>
>>580592124
I think this one was outside the statute if limitations. My dad was a cop and if evidence was sitting around for a while they walked home with stuff. Also has a Bronx cop so lel.
>>
>>580592016
That should be a piece of piss.
use a pick with a tiny hook on it, so you can get it past the other pins when you are working on it.
back off you tension as well, a light touch should have that thing open in a matter of seconds, def. less that a minute.
>>
>>580592181
Hmm no relocked?
>>
>>580592429
I dont know why it is giving me such a hard time, I know master locks are very simple to picki and I have picked plenty, but this american 5200 has 2 spools and a serated pin in it, I cant get the right feel
>>
>>580592197
they CAN google though fgt. Im on b and i know both of those things quit being a little bitch, not everyone on here is a basement dwelling neckbeard thats never touched a girl. thats just the story faggots like you constantly espouse.
>>
>>580592197
Sadly, this anon is probably correct for ~90% of /b/tards.
however, it IS a good way to describe opening wafer locks.
>>
>>580592517
Relocker*
>>
>>580592517
on most of the larger vault doors i have to service there is a glass re-locker sandwiched in the door with extra bolts that are tied into the glass with metal cables. if you try to drill the door the glass would break and the sprung bolts will fire. usually it isn't possible to drill the door and then each bolt so we just cut a hole in the concrete above or below the vault and send a guy in to disassemble the lock bodies and bolts and then open the door.
>>
The other night I was working on picking a little bit more expensive "pick resistant" master lock , on the phone with the vet telling me my dog has to be put down right when I felt the cylinder twist and picked it
>>
>>580592575
Hmm,
Ok, same technique, but before you use the hook, grab a rake with a flat back on it. Flip the rake over and use it to push all the pins to the top (you will want your springs pushing the pins downwards) Of the barrel. Apply the *absolute slightest* amount of pressure to get the barrel to turn, then slowly allow the springs to push your rake down to the bottom. Now try picking it. Do not release the tension completely at any point, or you will have to start again with the rake.
>>
>>580593012
Ah its behind the metal plate, the one I'm used to is viable from the outside, was in a Kay's jewelers in a richy area
>>
I need to find a hands on class some where, I can repeat much of what I see online and open master locks and easy locks, but I think a hands on class would help me with my tension issues and help me better with security pins
>>
File: fuck.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
here you go, have some lock porn
>>
>>580594584
That looks like the more enjoyable way to do it, how much do locksmiths usually charge for entry into normal things?
>>
new britbong here, how does one pick a lock? Would greatly appreciate a description from an expert.
>>
>>580594304
If you own the picks in your OP, the grab one of the light weight tension wrenches from the right.

chuck it in the barrel (still locked, no pick), then apply tiny, TINY, amounts of pressure until you see the barrel start to turn, the second it moves, and im talking less that 1 degree, thats where you want to start. If you are at the point where the barrel stops turning, but your wrench is bending, you are pushing too hard. Too much harder and you are going to start jamming/binding pins, any less and you aren't going to get anywhere.

Get out all the practice locks you have, and just try doing this on them, a few times per lock, on all your locks
>>
>>580594771
what is this "normal" you speak of?

there is a flat rate service call to get me, my truck/tools and experience to your location determined by the current location of the lock or locks needing service. then there is labor and parts (if needed) charged after i show up. all pricing can be offered and quoted before i show up so you can have a total in mind (that is if you know exactly what you need/want).
>>
>>580595185
By reading a ton, practicing a ton, failing a ton, getting frustrating a ton and then after almost eating a bullet out of frustration the first plug will turn. Definitely not by asking 4chins
>>
>>580595185
Youtube, then read this thread...
>>
>>580595185
like a boss. thats how i do it anyway.

sincerely,
a professional
>>
>>580595413
That sounds good, I have been going back over the last few locks I picked and picking them over and over again to get use to the tension feel. I also have problems with whether I should use top of the key way or bottom of the key way, I have seen people on youtube pick bottom of the key way but I cant get a good feel with the wrench right infront of the first pin
>>
>>580595463
Frustration got to me when I first started a lot, especially after watching someone like bosnianbill on youtube pick all locks with what looks like ease..... the frustration is not as bad not because It is pretty enjoyable to be sitting their watching a movie while picking and feel that cylinder finally turn
>>
I always have my wrench at what I am guessing you would call the top, so its not in front of the first pin. But that's just how I do it.
you can get specialised wrenches that go infront of the pin, so you are turning the barrel more efficiently, but I find that if you are applying that much pressure, you have way too much tension going.
>>
>>580596204
After doing this job for ~6 years, I still find it extraordinarily satisfying especially when you have a customer behind you when you when you do it.

only better feeling in the job is having a safe handle cluck open when you go to open it after hourse or drilling or w/e
>>
>>580596407
I would never have tried using bottom of the key way with the wrench in front of the first pin until some Youtube videos I watched, especially about the american 5200 bosnianbill says to use bottom of the key way, but it always gives me issues
>>
Self proclaimed lock and lock-picking expert here. Too many posts to read them all right now, but if anyone has questions, ask me.
>>
>>580597053
does using top of the key way or bottom of the key way for the tension wrench matter enough that some locks can only be picked using one way and not the other
>>
File: 1370053349988.jpg (125KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1370053349988.jpg
125KB, 400x400px
>>580597053
>self-proclaimed.
>>
>>580597053
I think there has been quite a few profesional lock smiths in this thread though, so its been pretty helpful thread all together
>>
>>580592181
So... What happens when the glass breaks? Does the bank have to hire someone to drill around the door to fix it?
>>
Some German locksmith's channel. Lots of interesting stuff, also very old locks:

http://www.youtube.com/user/schlossereioldorf
>>
>>580582867
Yeah I a picker, learned it along time ago,
>>580583004
It's not expensive at all, buy a cheap kit, really the torque wrench is the only thing that matters when it comes to quality since thats where the strain is. I can do pretty much any lock except for of course the really fucked ones that are like 200 bucks made to beat them. I just do it as a hobby, and its a good skill just incase, I've helped friends who've locked their keys in their flats and shit too haha, and played good jokes on others.
>>
>>580583437
This is pretty true it's weird, my favorite pick is actually one that's broken, for some reason it works really well the tip snapped but its bent upwards at just the perfect amount and perfect thickness to do whatever
>>
>>580592016
I suggest starting with new locks to learn, old and highly used locks sometimes are hard to pick since they stick and so forth especially if they've been sitting around for awhile they aren't as sensitive they take more force to move pins a lot of the time
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.