[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried this thread last night and it got lots of replies with

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: ftp.jpg (94KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
ftp.jpg
94KB, 960x717px
I tried this thread last night and it got lots of replies with some great posts and stories. So, here it is again!

TL;DR: What is the most-dangerous/violent/crime-ridden city in in the United States? Also, ghetto city stories?

If I had to come up with a quick list of the most-dangerous cities in America, it'd be something like this:

1.) Detroit, Pontiac, Saginaw, & Flint, Mi
2.) Gary, Indianapolis, & East Chicago, In
3.) Camden, Patterson, Newark, Trenton, & East Orange, NJ
4.) Chicago, Rockford, & East St. Louis, Il
5.) Memphis & Nashville, Tn
6.) Oakland, Stockton, Fresno, & Richmond, Ca
7.) St. Louis, Mo
8.) New Orleans, La
9.) Cleveland, Cincinnati, & Youngstown, Oh
10.) Baltimore, Md
11.) Prichard, Al
12.) Philadelphia, & Chester, Pa
13.) Birmingham, & Mobile Al
14.) Jackson, Ms
15.) Little Rock, Pine Bluff, & West Memphis, Ar
16.) Atlanta, Ga
17.) Houston, & Dallas, Tx
18.) Wilmington, De
19.) Milwaukee, Wi
20.) Bridgeport, Hartford, & New Haven, Ct

There surely are other places deserving of being mentioned, so feel free to mention any places you think should also be included. Obviously, LA and NYC have lots of crime, but the places I listed seem to have particularly violent cultures and a higher per capita-crime rate.

So, what do some of y'all on here say is the most-ghetto/dangerous city in the U.S.? Is it where you live now or are originally from? I live in Arizona, on the outskirts of Phoenix, and there's certainly crime here, but I've tried to keep my ass out of trouble for many years now, so I don't have many good stories to share.

However, I'd like to hear about the place(s) y'all think are the worst of the worst.

> Pic related: A police car from the Oakland Bay Area that was vandalized after the George Zimmerman verdict.
>>
To try to bump the thread, here's a re-write I did of a story someone posted about getting beaten up in Camden, NJ. I wish I'd have screencapped it and saved the text to a Notepad file, but I was a moron and didn't do either.

Basically, the story went something like this:

> Mexican kid/guy, about 18, 6'2'' and 200 lbs, fairly muscular, goes to stay with grandmother in Camden
> been there for a few days, decides to walk to the store for grandmother, by himself
> apparently, a very bad idea
> walks inside store, big, older white guy clerk immediately says that he should not be there, that it's not safe for him
> Mexican kid/guy walks out of the store after making purchase and is encountered by 3 large, black males walking down the sidewalk
> one of the black guys says that one of them dropped their bag of dope and that they saw him pick it up and take it
> Mexican kid/guy says he is legitimately frightened, as the 3 black males are huge and don't appear to be fucking around
> Mexican kid/guy nervously says that he did not take their drugs and that he did not want any trouble
> the 3 black males decide that he deserves to get violently beaten up, so they immediately start to do so
> Mexican kid/guy says that the 3 black males all start punching him violently and he falls to the ground and is getting pummeled
> while on the ground, one of the black males starts grabbing his fingers and literally starts breaking them, he ends up with 3 fingers broken
> while this beating is happening, a cop car pulls up and blares his siren, the 3 black males start walking away, Mexican kid/guy feels like crying, because he is so happy
> cop pulls away without even getting out of his car
> apparently, in Camden, someone getting jumped by 3 guys was not important enough for the cop to get out of his car and check on the victim

> after that experience, the Mexican kid/guy stated that he did not go out in Camden again before moving back home

> Pic related: A rooftop view in Camden, NJ
>>
Bump for interest
>>
File: 2014-07-22_010605.png (12KB, 777x391px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-22_010605.png
12KB, 777x391px
The guy who originally posted the story that I posted here >>573566097 told it in a better fashion than I just did; but, I'm sure you get the gist of what happened.

As for Camden being a really shitty place, in the same thread that the guy shared the story about getting jumped, another person, a white kid (around 16-17, iIrc), told a story about having gotten lost after driving his parents car home from a concert and ending up in Camden. I don't recall the specifics, but I think he was at a stop sign/stoplight and just got ambushed by someone on the street who smashed through his side window and dragged him out of the car. Ultimately, he said that he ended up getting curbed-stomped and almost died, literally. He said that the only thing that saved his life was some foreign shop-owner running outside with a shotgun and screaming at the people trying to beat him to death. And this happened because he was a white kid driving a nice car through their neighborhood.

As for Camden and the culture there, people have mentioned how, if you are not from the area/white and the cops see you, they will tell you to leave the area immediately and to not stop at any stop signs or red lights and to get on the freeway as soon as possible. Similarly, people have also said the cops in Detroit, Flint, and Gary will tell you the same thing.

> Pic related: A, screencap of a greentext story someone posted in a previous thread about driv9ing through Gary on their way to Chicago and having cars try to ambush him while driving through Gary, and then being pulled over by a cop in Chicago. Apparently, this type of thing is not a rare occurrence in Gary, In.
>>
File: 1412545099585.jpg (388KB, 1600x890px) Image search: [Google]
1412545099585.jpg
388KB, 1600x890px
I've lived in ghettos up and down the east coast for years, it sucks. what do you want to know?
>>
File: WadenaGang650.jpg (194KB, 650x537px) Image search: [Google]
WadenaGang650.jpg
194KB, 650x537px
Here's a story that was posted about an experience in Cleveland.

cleveland?
fuck it

>>go to see a concert in cleveland
>>never been to cleveland should be fun
>>get together with clan of friend and load up in a big ass navigator
>>all skater bros etc.
>>get into town a day early to see the city fuck off skate etc.
>>later that nig...

oh wait allow me to tell you a secret about ol clevecityburgville easily the dirtiest city this side of the 1st world part of the equator. holy fuck people throw shit in a garbage can please

anyhow
>>later that night we split off
>>couples
>>me and the current gf head off skating
>>she is kinda wore out so she is walking with her board as I skate back and forth
>>really just cruising seeing the city
>>i would skate ahead a bit and wait for her to catch up
>>i have a thing about night skating
>>lub mah night skates
>>anyhoo skate ahead and turn around
>>strange city etc trying to keep an eye on her
>>fucking bum out of an alley
>>lunges out grabs her and pulls her into an alley
>>didn't see me i guess?
>>crazy endorphins
>>mad adrenaline
>>i all of a sudden was positive I was bulletproof
>>run into the alley without thinking or commanding my body to
>>he has his back to me as I get close she kicks him away
>>he takes two steps back and
>>catches the heaviest set of independent trucks they ever made
>>directly to the side of the head
>>I even spun my foot as I swung
>>like full tilt
>>the noise
>>the blood
>>he flies into the brick wall and collapses
>>no movement
>>i'm pretty sure I just collapsed this guys skull
>>grab gf
>>bounce
>>meet back at the hotel with the group never told anyone
>>we still haven't talked about it to this day tbh
>>no idea what happened to him but i'll assume he wasn't wearing his life alert so probably kill

>Pic related: A picture that showed up after searching Google Images for "Cleveland Ohio Ghetto"
>>
File: 1412377860016.jpg (8KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1412377860016.jpg
8KB, 241x228px
These stories are terrifying for a person who lives in a pretty safe place.
>>
>>573567198
If you're being honest, what's the most-fucked-up, violent, scary-to-be-in, gangster, ghetto city you've been to?

If you've been there, my guess would be Camden, NJ?

After starting several of these threads, and knowing that Philadelphia is a tough city with a major crime problem, I have come to gather that, almost-without question, Camden is a significantly more violent, dangerous city than Philly. And that seems to be a powerful statement. If you've been to both Philadelphia and Camden, would you agree with this? And is there a more-fucked-up city than Camden on the East Coast?

Also, people have mentioned Newburgh, NY, as being a really rough place. And Chester, Pa. And Wilmington, De. Have you been to any of these cities? If so, what if your opinion of these places? Are they legitimately rough areas?

Also, someone mentioned Prichard, Alabama, is the thread last night, and stated that it might be the most-violent city in America. They linked a YouTube video and claimed that there was a documentary about Prichard and the crime there, but that they could/would only film in the safe areas, so it wouldn't actually show how bad it is there. Anyone know anything about city in Alabama?
>>
Just dont go to African American neighborhoods they are all shit holes and filled with African Americans lol.
>>
File: 2014-10-12_150735.png (32KB, 625x329px) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-12_150735.png
32KB, 625x329px
Here's a story from the thread last night that someone posted about Stockton, Ca.

>Stockton

>Be minding my own business at the bus stop by city hall last month
>Some guy in black hoody and combat boots sitting at the stop with me
>Two drunk niggers approach with their she-nigger slut and dog
>One of the niggers starts talking to guy in the hoody
>Guy suddenly stands up and the nigger gets scared
>Guy in the hoody sits back down and starts smoking
>Guy puts hood down and is actually a girl
>Niggers proceed to try to grope her and she-nigger starts walking away angrily with the dog
>Girl starts saying shes a lesbian and tells them to leave her alone
>"you wont be gay after this dick"
>Rapetime.png
>Girl kicks one of the niggers in his monkey nuts and runs off
>Mfw both niggers start arguing who she wanted to fuck

> Pic related: A screencap of the story form last night's thread, as I still have it open on my computer.

On a related note. Does anyone know of a program that will properly do a scrolling screencap of a thread in Firefox? I currently use FastStone Capture and it works nicely to grab individual 'Rectangular region' grabs, and it will properly do the 'Capture Scrolling Window' feature in Internet Explorer, but in Firefox, it will not capture the scrolling page properly. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1410696970468.gif (2MB, 295x436px) Image search: [Google]
1410696970468.gif
2MB, 295x436px
>>573567454
cleveland's hobos are really aggressive in the downtown area. fuck em, I wish the mayor would round them up and gas them.

cleveland is a bizarre and unique place. that's about all I can say. people assume it's all hood but in reality there are a lot of upper middle class and stupendously wealthy people here. I see bentleys and ferraris a couple times a week, and high end porsches every single day.

>>573565787
lumping these towns together isn't fair. for instance, memphis is way worse than nashville by loads, as is youngstown vs cinci and cleveland.
>>
>>573565787
bump out of interest
>>
Used to live in NJ, not far from camden. It's weird, most of NJ is a giant ass suburb or park. Generally tranquil, had maybe 6-7 Black people in my school and all were normal cool people.

At night tho, when shit in camden hits the news.... fucking animals.

I remember one report on Halloween i think, there was a news report about how people were pushing appliances off roofs at people passing below. Fridges, washers, etc..
>>
>>573565787
>the places I listed seem to have particularly a lot of fucking niggers
fixed
>>
>>573570661
Thanks for the post. I've revised the list a few times (including last night, to add Jackson, Ms; and today, to add Prichard, Al), but I originally did the list while in a hurry to try to get a thread started. Also, while I know of the states and cities, many of them, I am not intimately familiar with or knowledgeable about, so I just tried to list the worst of the worst that came to mind and if I thought of multiple cities form the same state, I tried to lump them together.

As for Memphis and Nashville, I originally did not include Nashville on the list, but several people posted in a previous thread and claimed that Nashville has gotten really bad in recent times and that there are some areas there that are legitimately fucked-up on a level that is comparable to Memphis. So, I added it to the list.

As for Youngstown, I take it you've spent time there? If so, are you saying that it's legitimately worse than Cleveland and Cincinnati? If so, that's quite a statement, as it seems as though Cleveland and Cincinnati have some really bad parts. From what I gather, Youngstown is a rough, clue collar city with a legitimately mob presence. Is that fair to say? And would you say that the bad part of Youngstown is seriously more-dangerous/violent/scary than the east side of Cleveland (which is what I've heard is the worst part of the city) and the ghettos in Cincinnati?

Also, if you've been to Detroit, Chicago, Flint, or Gary, how do they compare to the rough cities in Ohio? Also, what about Dayton and Columbus?
>>
>>573571692
From what I've gathered, New Jersey actually has several really fucking terrible cities in it. By almost all accounts, Camden is the worst city in NJ (and people seem to feel that Camden is the most-ghetto/dangerous city on the East Coast), but people have claimed that Patterson, Newark, Trenton, Jersey City, and East Orange are all seriously fucked-up cities.

Have you been to any of these other NJ cities? If so, how do they compare to Camden?
>>
>>573572097
youngstown is hands down one of the worst places I have ever been in north america. there is NOTHING there. the entire economy was based upon steel and car manufacturing and all of that ended 30 years ago, but somehow people still live there. it's a city full of people without jobs and horrible, shitty houses that should be torn down.

Cleveland is highly segregated. The east suburbs are full of rich people, and most of the west side is pretty nice. Superior/st clair/hough/warrensville hts/east cleveland are disaster areas, but nobody ever goes there except for ghetto people, so whatever. the city has a lot of problems in general though because the whole place was mismanaged for the better part of a century.

Nashville is mostly really nice. It's one of my favorite cities in america, basically everything south of the river looks like a public park and is super clean, and The issue with Nashville is that it's an immigrant hot spot and there is a ton of gang violence/drug trafficking, but it's all north of the river, on Lafayette/nolensville road. Memphis, on the other hand, just sucks. It's like Detroit packed up and moved down the mississippi to a warmer climate. Big ghettos and not a lot going for it.

I've spent a little bit of time in Detroit. It's pretty similar to Cleveland but larger and a lot more abandoned houses. Dayton is a shithole. Columbus really reminds me of Pittsburgh, but not as nice. Pittsburgh is easily the best off of the rustbelt cities, they got their shit together and started working on fixing all their issues about 20 years ahead of everyone else.
>>
>>573573787
I forgot buckeye/shaker/shaker square in cleveland. people walk around in plain sight with shotguns and AKs. it's not where you want to go.
>>
>>573573787
also, I can't type worth a goddamn. North of the river or in the lafayette/nolensville rd corridor. that's MS13 central.
>>
>>573565787
born and raised in baltimore city. it's us. sorry
>>
you want to see a ghetto? any small southern community always has two sides: the old white redneck side, and the hood nigger project side. literal open-air drug markets, murders and rapes, "donks" and other ghetto cars.. its like that video "I'm so hood" only its real life.

honorable mention: washington dc, pittsburgh pa, jacksonville fl.

and Jamaica is probably the most hood place I've ever visited
>>
where are the stories?
>>
East New York/Brownsville
>>
related material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MGJ87hPGw
>>
When to concert in Cleveland. Pull up to parking lot, give attendant money. Park, burning dobbie before walking in. Cops pull up to lot. Parking lot attendant with clip board ,runs down alley.was group of homeless, taking,parking money.and parking people.
>>
>>573575059
can confirm. lived in brownsville whole life, just moved to nassau. glad to be out of chimpville.
>>
>>573565787
#9 Should also include East Cleveland, a spot so bad no wants to go there in the daytime much less at night.
>>
>>573575626
Moving on up.
>>
>>573565787
once lived in youngstown, oh (#9). The south side is especially bad. that's where the steel mill workers lived back when there used to be steel mills. when driving through it at night, you did not stop--not for traffic lights or anything. you timed your drive to catch the lights green. if you caught a red light, you slowed down and looked both ways, but did not stop. you didn't worry about tickets. the cops had much bigger problems. in fact, that's what the cops did too.
>>
>>573576107
i'm near green acres, so still a lot of shit running around, but not falling asleep to gunshots is a new plus lol
>>
>>573574767
>Jacksonville, FL
This right here. We were holding onto the highest murder rate per capita years back
>>
>>573565787
phoenix is pretty rough
a few parts of town i actually consider locking my car
>>
>>573576358
My brother was originally in Bed-Stuy, moved near Marcy houses and is finally in Williamsburg. I only know the area from visiting pretty frequently.
>>
>>573575752
>>573575752
I've gone cruising around East Cleveland in my buddy's lifted Land Cruiser. It's a blast. The place is a fucking disaster. Many houses have been robbed for whatever metal people can find, the lawns are left to grow to 1.5ft, and the roads are nothing but potholes. There is hardly anyone left except for jayquann and a bunch of grandmothers though, so during the day, it's actually remarkably empty and safe. Granted, 3 out of the 4 of us were CCWing at the time, so not a huge issue safety wise.

It's really sad because back in the 40s and 50s it was a really nice area. The blockbusting and white flight really fucked the place over permanently.
>>
>>573568630
West Baltimore
Trenton
Newark
Brownsville section of Brooklyn

These are the classics, but imo they're not nearly as scary and fucked up as crumbling rust belt towns like Braddock PA
>>
File: 49096185.png (42KB, 390x363px)
49096185.png
42KB, 390x363px
>>573568630
I am in Mobile,Alabama. Prichard is know around here as the slum city and if you go there you should expect to get mugged,your car jacked etc. I had a friend who lived out there once, he said that at some intersections niggers would wait on the red light and pry off hubcaps of stopped cars. Mobile is pretty tame comparatively but I wouldn't recommend living here cause of weather alone.
>>
>>573576710
ah, as much as I hate to say it, Billyburg is much nicer now that all the yuppies have moved in haha. Marcy projects must have been rough
>>
>>573565787
Just look up what places have the highest density of black people... That should pretty much sum up your list.
>>
>>573565787
and they say the midwest is boring
>>
Man isn't it great that everybody in the US has weapons and can defend himself so that the US is a safe place to live in?

Just imagine if there would be no guns. In US cities so many people would get killed!
>>
Gresham OR is pretty ghetto, gunshots almost erry night
>>
>>573577010
Yeah, he said it's been going through a lot of gentrification. It definitely seems pretty nice the last time I was there.
>>
>>573565787
Birmingham hasn't been a dangerous place for like 30 years. Mobile is even less so, just a bunch of white trash and fields. Bessemer on the other hand, is about as thug ghetto as it gets.
>>
>>573572097
>i lived in youngstown for about 10 years. yes, it is legitimately a far bigger shithole than cleveland, cincinnati, akron, toledo, or dayton, by far. it is in a class by itself. market street is a little 8 mile. i would compare the urban blight to anything i've seen in detroit.
>>
needs more oakland/richmond stories.
>>
>>573577164
Most of these areas have some of the strictest gun laws. Jokes on you topkek
>>
>used to live in cute socal beach town
>move up to UC Davis for college
>tfw right by Sacramento
>tfw right by Stockton

I took the amtrak home from Sacramento once. It had a bus-train layover in Stockton... So fucking ghetto. People doing drugs at the station (and on the train!). Made a promise to myself that I'd just deal with the drive from there on out.
>>
Mobile has leprechauns dont even try to fuck with ghetto

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM7CL-Vyo1U
>>
>>573578009
Mobile and Birmingham both have plenty of crazy people. But for the most part, not dangerous. You will die in Bessemer.
>>
either i put off anti-nigger vibes or camden/philly stories are exaggerated, i have driven aimlessly through both places at night lost and looking for the highway/train station, i am white and have a classic car as a daily driver, never got carjacked or jumped on foot. i'll ask hood rats for directions, never had a rude reply. maybe im just pushing my luck.
>>
>>573577849
They do because they need these laws there. Gun laws don't make a damn bit a difference out in the middle of BFE. No one really cares if a bunch of bible-beating rednecks either shoot or sodomize a moose.
>>
>>573578382
They don't really Need the laws in the way that you would think. It's part of a wider policy that makes sure that most of the everyday behavior, the normal shit that young people have to do to make a living is illegal.

The practical fear behind it is that cops will be shot. Too much challenge to authority in desperate areas can lead to real destabilization like the riots in '64, '65 and '68
>>
>>573565787
Wherever there are niggers, there is crime.
>>
File: 1400195102139[1].jpg (157KB, 1024x768px)
1400195102139[1].jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
ITT: nigs gonna nig
>>
>>573578004
I live in Stockton and you're not wrong. Shit is baaaaad. Beggars, Thieves, Niggers, Druggies, and Niggers who beg, steal and do drugs.
>>
>>573580992
If more people realize this, I would be cool with this.
>>
>>573575321
>Fucking niggers part 3
Jesus christ we are infested.
>>
>>573575321
I'm moving to the UK I'd rather deal with mudslimes.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.