[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://strawpoll.me/2261927 Should Scotland be independent of

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 34

File: Aye (2).jpg (96KB, 593x624px) Image search: [Google]
Aye (2).jpg
96KB, 593x624px
http://strawpoll.me/2261927

Should Scotland be independent of the UK?

Why or why not?
>>
File: dg.jpg (180KB, 1200x746px) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
180KB, 1200x746px
>>560545142
of course
>>
>>560545142
As a Highlandfag, no we should not.

We would probably be fine for a few years, but as soon as the North Sea oil dries up we are fucked.

No one wants it, only the edgy 16 year olds who are now allowed to vote because "fuck England m80".

Anyone with half a brain is firmly against it.
>>
File: 06.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>560545142

Here's a question.

>Should the UK be independent of Scotland?

Your mind = asploded.
>>
How exactly is this supposed to be beneficial to Scotland?
Isn't Scotland the poor part of the UK?
>>
Also, on what are Scotland and the rest of the UK even disagreeing on?
Why would they want to split up in the first place?
>>
File: 1311882918461.jpg (8KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
1311882918461.jpg
8KB, 211x193px
>>560545559
>>
Scotland have a population 5 million, England have a population of 50 million.
>>
It's going to be fucking glorious when Alex Salmond realises he has fucked up his entire life's ambition by being a shit-talking chancer spiv cunt.
>>
File: gh.jpg (27KB, 364x275px) Image search: [Google]
gh.jpg
27KB, 364x275px
>>560545559
Faggot! If anything, Scotland doesn't needs to service UK for free.
>>
>>560545423
International law says that any natural resources discovered by a nation before separation are to be divided up in accordance with population, not geographical location.

Scotland's North Sea oil income would be about a tenth of Eng, Wales and NI's.
>>
>>560546113

There's all sorts of shit like this.

We aren't allowed to say it though. All the oil will be Scotland's, there will be a currency union, we'll join the EU straight away with no problems, everything will be absolutely fine and anybody who says otherwise or asks any difficult questions is just trying to bully Scotland.

Look at that guy above, reckons we "service the UK for free". Fucking fantasy world.
>>
File: kek.jpg (116KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
116KB, 497x640px
>mfw everyone avoids all of the questions being asked
>>
>>560546549
we'll join the EU straight away with no problems

This is the funniest one to me, anyone who thinks that will happen is out of their fucking mind, Spanish will veto it, French will as well they've both got tiny states trying to do the same shit and they don't want to encourage them.
>>
>>560546786
Yeah, totally.
Someone answer what was asked here please.
>>560545559
>>560545802
>>
>>560545142

Aberdeenfag here.

Only fucking idiots want this, idiots, lowlanders, dolites and fucking 16 year olds.

Fuck I hate lowlanders.
>>
>>560546940

Ah but apparently we won't even have to apply. You know, because Scotland's in it now so the EU couldn't possibly just kick people out.

People who just voted to become a completely new country. That changes nothing. Obviously.

It's like this shite about the Pound, the Queen, arts founding, defence contracts etc. If you vote to become independent, you vote to become independent. You don't just get to keep all the bits of the old country that you like.

Salmond is a cunt but it doesn't matter anyway because he's going to lose.
>>
Scotland will never be independent.

The main reason why? Voter apathy. When it comes to actually voting, a tenth of the people that are for or against will vote. Everyone loves to support a side, but when it comes down to actually doing something about it, no one gives a haggis.
>>
>>560547056

Also this: >>560546113

"We will get to keep all of the oil"

No we fucking won't, that's not how the world works, we can't just have everything we want. The ENTIRE UK discovered that oil. Just because we throw our fucking dummy out doesn't mean we get everything we want.

FUCK I HATE LOWLANDERS

>You're practically fucking English if you're below Fort William.
>So fuck off ruining my country.
>>
everyone seems to fucking forget that the scottish councils are struggling already, they receive their funding from a European union scheme and as soon as we go independent we get 'kicked' from the union and lose that funding meaing our councils which are already strugling at the moment will probably just fail like everything else in scotland. So no to independence.
>>
>>560547292
>FUCK I HATE LOWLANDERS

I'm a 'lowlander' and every cunt I know is voting no. Stupid people vote yes. Intelligent people vote no.
>>
>>560547729

Intelligent people would vote yes and then move the fuck outta Scotland before it passes.
>>
>>560547857
summer user spotted
what kind of shit 14 yo logic is that
>>
>>560547362
Scotland gets more dependant on those EU/England leeches when taking EU funding, because you have to pay that back, this is what screwed Greece.
>>
>>560547857

edgy
>>
>>560545142
no.
the reason for that is because there is no good reason for scotland to be independent.
>>
Englandfag reporting in

absolutely, get rid of these useless fuckers, their entire economy relies upon us and im looking forward to their smug little grins and braveheart quotes drying up pretty rapidly after they fuck off
>>
>>560547857
so many edges
it makes circle
>>
>>560545142
No, because Quebec will want to separate from Canada
>>
Honestly don't give a shit. They won't last very long without the UK though, IIRC they won't be able to use the £ as currency. Also have the most annoying accent in Britain (although it's very close with the Welsh)
>>
File: 1396737603670.jpg (98KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1396737603670.jpg
98KB, 640x427px
>>560548226
this is literally the only reason i'd support it
but it would be pretty shit for both
>>
File: 1399343864596.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1399343864596.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>560547857

>>560548015
>>560548193
>>560548232

How do people even fall for bait this fucking obvious?
>>
>>560548594

Because it's a political thread so we all get into super-cereal mode.
>>
>>560545559
not really, north of england, NI and wales are worse. Scotland has oil and other natural resources the uk needs. Parts of scotland are poor but most is doing ok.
>>
On a serious note though, if Scotland doesn't get independence, should the Scottish Parliament be devolved to prevent this happening again?
>>
>>560548394
>scottish economy relies on england
>scotland are subsidy junkies
>UK government fights tooth and nail to keep scotland
>mfw i have no face
>mfw
>>
>>560548983

If >>560546113 is to be believed, you won't keep all that oil though.
>>
Yeah it should be independent, Scotland would be much better being independent its a wealthy country.
>>
>>560549170

Idiot (and/or) 16 years old.
>>
>>560549114
I think we will keep most of it. Oil has also been discovered off the west coast of scotland but the MOD stopped further drilling because the nuclear submarines were based there. That's why the SNP wnats rid of the UK's nuclear weapons.

Scotland also is rapidly growing in renewable energy, we have tons of wind and wave power and soon we will energy independent.
>>
Anyone in Scotland who isn't from an Island or the West Highlands is a cunt.

We should get our own referendum. Fuck the lot of you.
>>
>>560547056
I live in the lowlands and most people I know are against it. Being closer to the border means are lives are affected greatly if this changes, if you want support I wouldn't go around upsetting people.
>>
I'm probably voting yes, but OP needs to get a fucking grip. Westminster rule is hardly fucking oppressive or tyrannical.
>>
So do I, but not as much as cunts from Aberdeen.

Literal Scum of the Earth
>>
>>560549432

good luck with living off crofting kelp or fucking barnacles or whatever, you dole-bludging teuchter sheepfuckers!

love, Edinburgh
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>560549258
>>
>>560549664
I would rather be Latvia level poor than be in the same country as Edinburgh

At least people from Glasgow can be kind of cool sometimes
>>
>>560549798

I'm happy with my incredibly lucrative finance job which I am currently skiving from but I'll get paid anyway

Good luck working in a subsidised to the gills "Highlands and Islands Enterprise" shop in Stornoway or whatever though

And yeah, I'm both English and voting no
>>
File: 1358208970086.png (64KB, 210x226px) Image search: [Google]
1358208970086.png
64KB, 210x226px
>>560549747
>durr if he calls me an idiot he is obviously trolling or baiting
>>
>>560549974
you're everything that's wrong with Edinburgh and you're the reason Scottish people don't even like Edinburgh
>>
>>560545142
Well let's see.
>Possible border control needed, passport required to enter England.
>Change of currency with uncertain rates. >Limited resources with the North Sea Oil running out sooner than expected.
>Tariffs placed on trades due to not being within the EU.
>Uncertain economical outcome.
>Deciding how much of the UK's debt Scotland would be given.
>Deciding who gets to keep the Nuclear arsenal.
>Dividing up the armed forces.

Or

>Fuck England
>Alex Salmond in power.
>>
>>560550090
Is there something in the water that makes them cunts?
>>
File: 1386308358750.gif (2MB, 350x320px) Image search: [Google]
1386308358750.gif
2MB, 350x320px
>>560549798
>>560549974

Never actually witnessed Scotts hating on eachother, this is quite entertaining.
>>
>>560550090
Fucking salt and sauce wankers
>>
>>560550257
The only thing we hate more than outsiders is each other
>>
>>560550090

Yes, I am, and it's great. My completely unreasonably large financial-institution salary ever so slightly mitigates your disapproval of me though.
>>
>>560545142

>Spend scottish tax money on Scotland.
>No more nukes in the clyde.

Those two reasons alone are enough to make me vote yes.

Also, for all the cunts saying "voting yes is a vote for alex salmond" is like saying "voting no is a vote for david cameron". It's bigger than both of them and I certainly know which one is the lesser of two evils.
>>
>>560548983

The North of England is floating on a metric shitfuck of shale gas though.

Its not running out like Scotlands oil.
>>
See, I just don't understand why there is such a need to be independent. It seems that people are voting yes for the hell of it, without looking at the pros/cons.

With stickers on street lights around here saying "END LONDON RULE", it's almost as if people still think we're still in the 16th fucking century fighting off english armies.

What the fuck.
>>
>>560550498
>>No more nukes in the clyde.

I never even understood why this was an issue.

I would have thought looking after the nukes generate jobs and prosperity for the area?

To me being against having nukes on the clyde islike being against car manufacturing on the wirral.
>>
>>560550536

Scotland hates England, that alone is enough to sway the majority of voters.
>>
File: Scottish First Minister.jpg (21KB, 313x217px) Image search: [Google]
Scottish First Minister.jpg
21KB, 313x217px
>>560549412

International law dictates any natural resources discovered BEFORE partition must be shared. If that oil was known to be there before partition regardless of whether they drilled for it or not, it belongs equally to England as well as Scotland based on the population. Which is 5m to 50m might I add.

Not only that, the biggest petitioners against wind energy in the UK are the Scottish. I personally hate seeing wind turbines, they ruin the beautiful landscape we have, so I very much doubt we will be energy dependent unless we use solar panels, which is cheaper than wave power. Yet we still won't be able to afford those, where would we get our grants from now? Scotland on its own makes very little in tax compared to the funds we get from the British Government as a whole.

The thing that annoys me the most is Orkney and Shetland. They both petitioned the Scottish government to not include them in the referendum because they want to remain with the UK regardless of Scottish independence. And yet the Scottish Government said no because they are traditionally part of Scotland. Poor bastards.

It literally is only the anti-English, dolites, uneducated or 16 year olds who want independence here. Fuck Alex Salmond, he doesn't speak for me.

It's more one mans dream than one countries dream.

AND he looks like Mr. Toad from Wind in the Willows.
>>
>>560546029
>>560545359

>Wants Scottish pride and independence
>Posts an American.
>>
>>560550347

I am masturbating to your posts, imagining you in your grey, decrepit house furiously posting about How Terrible Lowland Scots Are as the two-weekly ferry, docks with the only income your shitty village is going to get all year arrives in the form of fat American tourists waddling off the walkway
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>560549030
>>560548226
But where Is your British Patriotism? We cant be Great Britain without each part of Britain...
>>
>>560551676

>Mel Gibson
>American

kek
>>
File: ss (2014-02-17 at 10.37.11).png (8KB, 438x171px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-02-17 at 10.37.11).png
8KB, 438x171px
>>560551969
Yes... American.
>>
>>560551969

b8
>>
>>560552243

Yeah... No.
>>
>>560550257

Yeah come to Scotland any time. We have plenty of hate for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfUTadk1XsA
>>
>under-representation in European Parliament
>1 Tory seat and a Tory coalition
>little/no grants from westminister for public services, meanwhile london underground and birmingham superfast train get multi billion dollar grants immediately
>chance of going from a respectable 44% renewable energy to an even higher number
>trident nuclear submarines decommisioned and sent back to England
>already have functioning parliament that will only attain more freedom after split
The only people who want to stay are either misinformed or afraid of change, even when that change will increase our democratic power
>>
I will be voting yes.
Not because I'm a chav who has watched Braveheart 100 times.

If it doesn't happen and independence isn't achieved then the NHS is fucked.
>>
File: 1382338710224.gif (2MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1382338710224.gif
2MB, 267x200px
>>560552745
>>
I love scottish accent guys :D

Scotland for ever!
>>
Not until you defeat England in a war
>>
File: timmyweb.jpg (104KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
timmyweb.jpg
104KB, 300x325px
I had a stopover in Scotland once. The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option. It was that or one of their B&Bs. I figured it'd be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scotch in their natural habitat, and it weren't pretty. I'd seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take 'em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes. I ain’t never going back… not never.
>>
>>560550195
>Possible border control needed, passport required to enter England.
>Change of currency with uncertain rates. >Limited resources with the North Sea Oil running out sooner than expected.
>Tariffs placed on trades due to not being within the EU.
>Uncertain economical outcome.
>Deciding how much of the UK's debt Scotland would be given.
>Deciding who gets to keep the Nuclear arsenal.
>Dividing up the armed forces.

Border control wont be needed you dolt, That's already been argued to death.

The currency thing isnt going to change either, Do you think for a fucking second you are going to walk down to your local supermarket and they'll go "sorry we cant take those, Scotland doesnt use pounds anymore, we dont know what we use"
As for the EU thing, Spain and France have alraedy agree'd they would let us in, so whatever fuckwith said they would veto is retarded.

Also, russia invited us to join their economic union since "we have oil" so fuck the eu.
>>
>>560552885
>If it doesn't happen and independence isn't achieved then the NHS is fucked.

Surely if it does happen and independence is achieved the NHS will still be fucked?
>>
>>560550968
>implying Alex Salmond thinks all of scotland wants independance
>implying 40% of Scotland who polled Yes don't exist
Tbh renewable energy isnt that much of an issue, we already are well above the UK average. The real issue is how our democracy is broken due to our votes barely counting in any Parliamental Election. We have the same amount of EMPs as Malta, and we are over 10 times the population size of Malta. Its gross misrepresentation in seats of power that makes me want to vote and make a difference but cant.
>>
File: 1406459425380.gif (2MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1406459425380.gif
2MB, 230x173px
>mfw cornish flag
>>
>>560552845

>under-representation in European Parliament
European Parliament seats won't change, it's based on population. You have a serious misunderstand on EU politics, and you seem to think that the UK chooses your representation.

>1 Tory seat and a Tory coalition
That's how politics works in all countries, there are always areas that don't have the party they voted for. It's called democracy. If we get independence and I vote Scottish Labour and SNP get in, I am still underrepresented. Fuckwit.

>little/no grants from westminister for public services, meanwhile london underground and birmingham superfast train get multi billion dollar grants immediately
We get free university education and college education, free prescription, free dental services. All supplied by the UK. We get 20% of all the UK's tax money spent on us, despite having less than 10% of the population. We're doing pretty fucking good mate.

>trident nuclear submarines decommisioned and sent back to England
This provides jobs for Scotland. We are voting for Independence, not the fucking Scottish Green Party.

>already have functioning parliament that will only attain more freedom after split
Having an elected leader that is willing to destroy a country after 400 years of union just to boost his power and self-esteem is not a functioning parliament.

People who want to stay are informed and not edgy little faggot 16 year olds like yourself.
>>
>>560550195
>implying Scotland won't immediately reapply to enter the EU and be accepted
>implying we won't then go over to Euros or be allowed to keep the pound
>border control we already have, just not at the border from England. You dont get border control in Ireland fuckface.
>Division in armed forces already exists
>implying alex salmond will be in power
You stupid autist.
>>
>>560553225
Also, the debt rate is decided by population so there is no "deciding how much we get papped with" it wont be anything in comparison to the test of the uk.

We dont want the nukes, at all. so the fact you're even suggesting that we would argue for the share shows how fucking little you actually understand about what's going on, if all no-voters are as ill-informed and fear mongeringly ignortant as you scotland is fucked either way.

And dont even get me started on the NHS, That shit is sinking and i dont want to go down with it.
>>
>>560553225
>As for the EU thing, Spain and France have alraedy agree'd they would let us in, so whatever fuckwith said they would veto is retarded.
>Also, russia invited us to join their economic union since "we have oil" so fuck the eu.

Presuming you were able to join the EU, they would block you from joining a trading union with Russia.
Just like they blocked the UK from joining a trade union of commonwealth countries.
You can only trade through the common market if you are a member.

This I think shows the mentality of a lot of pro independence people.
They have an unrealistic viewpoint that is better than the best case scenario.

It reminds me of Obama and his hope and change campaign.
When your entire campaign revolves around extreme optimism, reality can be quite a downer.
>>
>>560553695

Even if we get into the EU. Why would we want to join a failing idea. The most successful countries in Europe are those outside of the EU. Norway and Switzerland being examples...

The Euro is also a failing currency. I don't want to be the next fucking Greece or Ireland.

Why the fuck are you faggots trying to destroy us? Scotland is great because it's part of the UK.
>>
> Aberdeen
> Highlands

Pick one.
>>
Is Scotland a nice place to go for a vacation?
>>
>>560553915

No, fuck off foreigner.
>>
>>560553745
The russia thing was a semi-serious joke.
I was showing the options, Since people were trying to point out that "ermergerd we'd be out the eu on our own" when really, that isnt the case. at all.
>>
>>560553713
>We dont want the nukes

Why dont you want nukes.
If creates jobs and prosperity doesnt it?
And national security.
Their safety record is 100%.

It strikes me there is absolutely no downside to having them.
But it seems to be a big issue?

I want Nukes to come to Manchester. But sadly we dont have a deep enough river.

The way people are talking you would think that the nuclear subs are leaking radiation in to the clyde or something.
>>
>>560545559
It may as well be.
Most of its towns and cities are shitholes.
>>
>>560553983

I'm Scottish and I want the nukes to stay.

It's all the fucking hippies and liberal voters tbh.
>>
>>560553438
>EU seats wont change
They will. We have 5.5 million population and only 6 seats, as we are considered a region. Thats the same as Malta, with a population of 500,000.

>tory seats
Yes. And we vote who goes into those seats. So after a year or two we get the representation that the majority votes for. Fuckwit.

University education is payed for by the Scottish Government. Im talking big projects that London area is immediately granted and Wales/Scotland/Northern England is ignored.

Trident Nuclear submarines provide 520 jobs, which is a tiny amount. people with expertise can then find jobs in nuclear/renewable/non-renewable energy places. The majority of Scotland is against the submarines.

Its not to boost his power and self esteem. if anything, it will get him voted out of office if it fails which it looks like it will. Still, 40% of scotland agrees with him, with 12% undecided.

All of your points are filled with misinformation and logical holes.
>>
File: 1329672101175.jpg (21KB, 399x276px) Image search: [Google]
1329672101175.jpg
21KB, 399x276px
>>560552307
You're the most undereducated fag in this thread

>Scotland guarenteed EU membership by new head of EU (The man David Cameron DIDN'T want)
http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/06/02/europeans-say-yes-independent-scotland-eu/

>Scotland to opt-out shengen area, no borders between Scotland and England (under common travel areas)
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/11/5894/16

>Scotland inelidigble for Adopting the EURO, defaults to KEEPING the already-in-use currency, GBP Sterling
http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/letters/solo-scotland-could-stay-out-of-the-euro-1-2610843

>an independent scotland has higher GDP per capital the the rUK excluding oil revenues

>oil revenues invested for growth of the public sector for scotland means when the oil runs out, a stable economy is established within scotland

>the NHS to be kept public
>free prescriptions to carry on
>tuition fees free for scottish citizens

>Scotland to lead the world in education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UafGNaOEMNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esV6pGo8UTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7a0lxQtGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUduiJL1f6s
>>
>>560553983
I'm not bothered either way honestly, The fact that i live close enough to a nuclear base to die before i know something was wrong is sort of nice, But on the other hand they cose a fucking fortune to keep running, it's something un-major like 5000 jobs and the nuclear submarines use "shipping lanes" have oil in them, so we make money from not funding pointless nukes and make money from actually being able to mine the oil.
>>
>>560554268

I never said Scotland wouldn't get EU membership.

Nor did I speak about borders.

Nor did I say they wouldn't get the GBP.

Nor did I call Scotland poor.

I think you've got the wrong faggot.
>>
File: 1399569287507.gif (1MB, 430x288px) Image search: [Google]
1399569287507.gif
1MB, 430x288px
>>560554268
Thank you. I dont have those links and I do now. This literally debunks almost every uneducated reason for staying in the UK.
>>
>>560553983
Been to visit one of the Trident submarines and saw the amount of workers there. Made me realise just how many jobs these projects provide. People who want to "get rid of the nukes" aren't looking at the bigger picture.
>>
>>560553940
>being this edgy
>>
>>560545142
good luck with your international trade in jimmy hats and shortbread once the oil drys up.
>>
>>560554268
This post literally de-rails every retard no voted in here, well done.
/thread
>>
File: 1299139911593.png (346KB, 632x449px) Image search: [Google]
1299139911593.png
346KB, 632x449px
>>560554502
560 jobs. Small price to pay for nuclear disarmament.
>>
File: 1402594289240.jpg (98KB, 486x675px) Image search: [Google]
1402594289240.jpg
98KB, 486x675px
Vote UKIP
>>
>>560554410
maybe i did sorry

>>560554479
here have some more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buiXDbgnc4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaT1s_IAWA

never listen to willie rennie, he's an absolute cunt, makes Salmond look like a god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmx-KBTs-Ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-nK_lhtfc

>The new President of the European Commission "would not want Scotland to be kept out" of the EU
http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/news/283287-indy-scotlands-eu-membership-would-be-treated-as-special-case/
>>
>>560554681
Looked it up, it's only 520 holy shit. Seemed like more when I was there.
>>
>>560552498
yeah...ur a faget
>>
This isn't really on topic, but what would the full name of UK be if that happened? It can't be "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" when half is missing.
>>
>>560555741
"The Kind of but not really anymore United Kingdom which consists of certain regions of our tiny wee island"
>>
Monifiethfag here, if we go independent, we won't last a year
>>
File: 1 (34).jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1 (34).jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>>560552243
Son I am confuse. Wasn't he born in Australia?
>>
File: 12 (5).gif (2MB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
12 (5).gif
2MB, 450x270px
>>560553940
Wat.
>>560553915
Yes it's lovely
>>
>>560553915
Only in Edinburgh
>>
File: 1 (206).jpg (15KB, 618x407px) Image search: [Google]
1 (206).jpg
15KB, 618x407px
>>560554268
>Implying oil isn't extracted by huge multinational corporations.
>Implying the Scottish people will get any money from the oil except VAT.
>Implying the jobs created within the oil industry will all be taken by Scottish workers.
>So many implications.
>>
File: RIP1.jpg (125KB, 804x653px) Image search: [Google]
RIP1.jpg
125KB, 804x653px
>>560545142
I mean, you could try it. History most certainly isn't riddled with the mutilated corpses of Scotsmen/women or anything...
>>
>>560546113
>[citation needed]
>>
>>560554681
>560 jobs. Small price to pay for nuclear disarmament.

Why?
Nobody has explained it to me yet.

Why is even losing 1 job a good price to pay when there seems to be no down sides to having them?
>>
>>560554748

Yeah.
Ill vote for him again.
>>
>>560553225
>The currency thing isnt going to change either

This is what some nationalists actually believe
>>
>>560557546
Because retards want to be protected against bully boy countries like Russia with a Nuclear deterrent but they don't actually want the deterrent to be with 200 miles of their house.

Have their cake and eat it.
>>
I support Scottish independence to destroy Unionist faggots ideas of who they are. If Scotland leaves Britain they won't know up from Down.
>>
File: 1 (5).png (69KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1 (5).png
69KB, 225x225px
>>560557740
I know. Makes me laugh. Again Scottish having their cake and eating it.

They want the security of a stable currency, they just don't want to be part of the nation that owns that currency.

This will be the first thing to go, enjoy your shit tier Euros faggets. How's that working out for Spain and Greece atm?
>>
>>560555095
>>The new President of the European Commission "would not want Scotland to be kept out" of the EU

This is irrelevant, it depends on the ministers of the countries and their internal politics.
>>
File: 1 (46).jpg (31KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
1 (46).jpg
31KB, 638x638px
>>560558045
Wat?
>>
>>560553367
>Pasty independence
>>
File: 1391564415037.jpg (22KB, 538x302px) Image search: [Google]
1391564415037.jpg
22KB, 538x302px
>>560548226
>their entire economy relies upon us

when our spending is higher per person? good try m80
>>
File: 1405910258575.jpg (20KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1405910258575.jpg
20KB, 395x395px
>>560549018
nope, if we vote no we get DEVOmax which gives us more devolved powers.
>>
>>560559557
>when our spending is higher per person

Thats not how you judge the performance of an economy silly.
>>
>>560553341
It still might be however Scotland will have more power in parliament to try and un-fuck it.
Well, that's the short version anyway.
>>
>>560558284
Wot if Scotland was foreign?
>>
File: YcBmt4P.gif (500KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
YcBmt4P.gif
500KB, 500x359px
>>560559731
As an economist, I'd say you're halfway there. Though, a lot of the analysis over economic performance depends on CPI. Then again, a lot of people say that GNP is better.
>>
>>560550824
We voted in a pro Ban the Bomb party, we don't want nukes. plus Trident costs us a fuckton of money for something we don't even want
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 490x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 490x646px
Of fucking course we should be independent! We have some of the most intelligent people on the planet here, we practically invented everything good in the world. Everyone on /b/ probably wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for us scottish people inventing penicillin and antibiotics. We send all out money to the English to support them and they have the cheek to say a master race like us can't manage out own affairs? Fuck right off. The sooner we break away from those sponging girly voiced cunts, the better.
>>
>>560557020
fucking this. scotfags are deluded if they believe this.
>>
File: 1 (142).jpg (7KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1 (142).jpg
7KB, 220x230px
>>560560792
>£19 billion over 30 years
>So lets say an average of £0.63 billion a year

>UK 2014 budget was £648 billion going in, £732 going out.

>£0.63 billion
>>
>>560560792
> scottish people inventing penicillin and antibiotics.

It was Florey, Chain and Heatley who developed penicillin for medical use. Fleming discovered some spores on a substrate had killed the surrounding bacteria, he didn't place the spores there, he didn't even know where they had come from and when he saw what they could do he used them to paint pictures on yet more substrate. Giving the Nobel prize to Fleming is yet more reason I hate the Nobel committee.
>>
>>560561931
Not bad considering our population, rather have that money in our pockets. Also, that's the amount over our "share" not the gross amount you poncy englandfag
>>
>>560562227
That was one example, stop implying that it would have been discovered without a Scotsman. Also, Google scottish inventions.
>>
File: 1 (8).png (2KB, 158x160px) Image search: [Google]
1 (8).png
2KB, 158x160px
>>560562325
>£0.63 billion

Or to put it in other words, the net worth of Bono. You want independence so you can have a musician's worth of extra money?
>>
>>560562482
>That was one example

Congratulations you can count.

>stop implying that it would have been discovered without a Scotsman

I explicitly stated that Fleming discovered penicillin, what I objected to was you claiming that a Scott "invented" penicillin, seeing as how this doesn't make sense I assumed you meant inventing the process and methods by which penicillin was first used, which is false. Also it probably would have been discovered without Fleming, even he admits that it happened by chance, he almost destroyed it.

>Also, Google scottish inventions.

What has that go to do with the single point I raised?

>This is a typical nationalist with an over inflated sense of Scottish importance.
>>
>>560562940
To be honest, I would pay to be separate from the englishfags, the money is just a bonus.
>>
Don't do it Scotland the 3 main parties say they will give you Home Rule
>>
>>560563172
He discovered it and named it "penicillin". What more do you want you cock junky?
>>
>>560563796
He did nothing to develop it. Therefore his contribution was practically nil.
>>
>>560564146
>>560563796
This dude too:
Howard Walter Florey, Baron Florey of Adelaide OM FRS FRCP[1] (24 September 1898 – 21 February 1968) was an Australian pharmacologist and pathologist who shared the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1945 with Sir Ernst Boris Chain and Sir Alexander Fleming for his role in the making of penicillin.
>>
>>560564146
You are literally retarded if you think that. That's like saying the man who invented the engine (another Scottish person btw) didn't have anything to do with it because bmw make a better one today. Go hang yourself from an English flag. The population of Scotland is tiny (there's 3 million more people in New York City alone) yet we invent antibiotics, the telephone, tv, fucking tyres, practically airplanes too, or at least developed working ones. Honestly go google it. Yet in your tiny little English mind, I bet you think you are better than us.
>>
No
We had the same situation here in Czechslovakia. We had a nice, big, strong country, at first everyone was happy, but after the split up in a year everyone realized that now only slovakia is a shithole
>>
>>560565329
And you're literally retarded if you think that. When Baird (another Scott) developed the first TV he started from scratch and built up from there. Fleming discovered some spores identified them and then left all the work of figuring out how to put it to use to other people. Can you see how these two things are different, or has the Buckfast fucked your brain?
>>
>>560556242
m8 u can keep your melly moo moo gibsond away from this fucking country. Thank you.
>>
We won't last a year if we go independent
>>
>>560566153
He discovered it and realised it had antibacterial properties. He then passed it on for further development. If he never discovered it and realised it could cure shit, it wouldn't have existed you bell end. Anyway my point is, the English can go fuck themselves, I want out.
>>
>>560566996
You have no fucking idea mate, who told you that? I suggest reading up on the subject. Not that it matters anyway due to you being too young to vote.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.