[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /b/, I've been smoking weed for like two or three years

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

File: sadweed.jpg (366KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sadweed.jpg
366KB, 1280x720px
Hi /b/,

I've been smoking weed for like two or three years straight almost every single day without fail and I've finally decided enough is enough. I used to be one of them people that said "weed isn't addictive", "weed is harmless etc.." and don't get me wrong, it is pretty damn harmless for the most part and it used to be great fun. I'm not trying to preach against it. I used to get stoned out of my mind, chat endless amounts of shit for hours with friends, music sounded magical, food tasted amazing and it literally gave me some of my best memories.

People say you only get addicted if you're weak but I, like every other addict there ever was to anything, thought I was one of the strong ones who could quit at any time. Now I smoke every single day out of pure habit.. I just have to. Smoking weed feels like a chore and a burden more than anything else. I don't smoke to get high, I smoke to feel normal. I never thought I'd get to a stage where being stoned was the norm. It no longer enhances my life in any way shape or form. Yeah I still get high, I'm not claiming I can no longer get high, but being high has just become a part of my personality.

I spend so many hours of my day sat around 'monging out' doing fuck all productive not to mention the fact that almost every single bit of money I have goes on weed. It took me so long to realize that I had a problem and that I wasn't really in control and even when I started to come to terms with it, I told myself I was going to quit so many times. You just end up getting this stoner mentality where it's like "just getting high, it's harmless". I've finally realized it's time to grow the fuck up. Weed is an amazing plant/drug/medicine and doing it on occasion is completely fine but it's so easily to slip into the habit of doing it all the time and believe me it's really not a good one.. but yeah, I just had to vent somewhere. Feel free to share experiences / discuss.
>>
>>554950175
I went the same way man, now I do it once every few months
>>
>>554950621
I think I will do it on occasion eventually but I'm going to quit for a while. I think it will be nice to feel properly baked again and actually feel like a special event.
>>
agree, every day for 10 years now, i'm only 27, and i'm quitting when i start back at college this semester, maybe a bit before then, it's time to grow the fuck up.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 483x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 483x316px
>>554950175
I'm capping this for the next stoner thread

>This is what happens if you smoke anything

>It's too late for you

>check into rehab
>>
>>554950926
Good luck man. It's really surreal reading this thread I've made. Past-me would have probably laughed if I read this. It's mad how shit can change.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (73KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
73KB, 500x336px
I'm with you here brother.
It's no lie that weed isn't addicting, and more people need to be made aware of this.
Be strong with this

>be me
>be smoking for about 3 months
>roll a doobie
>smoke it
>go charge my phone
>missed everytime I plugged the charger into the wall
>mfw
>>
Yeah I think its time for you to move onto some more hardcore drugs
>>
>>554951438
*It's no lie that weed is addicting.
>>
File: 1400051059112.jpg (1MB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1400051059112.jpg
1MB, 1836x2448px
>>554950926
Friendly tip:
Tell at least one other person you're going to quit by then. It will give you a lot more incentive to do it.
>>
>>554951453
I take more "hardcore" drugs. I find them to be a lot less addictive than weed. For instance I love MDMA but I couldn't end up doing it all the time. I don't think my body would let me.
>>
It's real sad man, anything can fuck you up in the wrong quantity. Always consider what you are doing prior to doing it. OP is a fag, but still gets all my love.
>>
That's actually pretty fucking cool, OP.

I wish you luck.
>>
>>554951374
i may even have to break up with my girlfriend, she's a daily smoker as well, i don't think she could keep it away from the house, so shit man she might be going too idk. i used to be a smart motherfucker, now im just fuckin dim, i dont remember easy shit like guitar scales or pieces i used to play perfectly on the piano, and i don't even have a good piano anymore because fuck saving, i used to save a ton of money, and like i said 27, well when i was 17 i had 8000 dollars, i've never had that amount since, it's time for a change
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 455x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 455x606px
>>554950926

>I'm quitting when next semester starts

>I'll quit when school is over

>I'll quit when I get my degree
>I'll quit when I go to my interview
>I'll quit when I move in with mom
>I'll quit on my birthday
>I'll quit on Christmas
>I'll quit when I run out of weed
>I'll quit when
>I'll quit when
>I'll quit when

Don't trust yourself with stopping something addictive. Get help. Weather it be from a professional or even just your roommate, get. Help.
>>
After smoking for almost 2 weeks straight with a friend I left Texas and I went to Florida which is where I am now.

I feel mentally like I need it.
>>
>>554952197
Try to talk things out with your girlfriend.
Trashing an other-wise good relationship might not be the way to go about it.
Unless you don't give a fuck about her in which case bail.
>>
>>554951724
thanks, oh god that pic

i do still love it, but i want to love the rest of my life too, more so than being high anymore, we can fuckin do it OP, be strong
>>
>>554950175
Been smoking like 3 - 4 days/week for the past 2 years. I'm 19 working as a software developer making a shitload of money and spend less than 30 bucks/month on weed.

You're doing it wrong, /b/ro.
>>
Even to start weed is weak. Glad you came to your senses even though everybody else already had been. At least youre not as weak as those still smoking.
>>
I had that same problem with mastubatio.
>>
>>554952197
I feel you bro. If I actually manage to quit (which I will), it's going to be so fucking odd the amount of money I will have, I don't even know what I'd do with it. I could actually go out and do fun shit rather than just getting baked to keep myself entertained. I hope my memory improves slightly and I become slightly sharper.

It's like when you're at a party or something and you first started smoking it in your head you're thinking "lmao im so stoned talking so much shit, everyone will see my eyes and know how baked i am". But then you don't really have any excuses because you're stoned like 24/7 and you're just a dopey motherfucker in general.
>>
>>554950175
Shit happens, just stop. Life's pretty dope not smoking weed all fucking day. Get a lot more done than previosly intended and don't afraid anything.
>>
>>554952908
>saying you're rich on the internet

no one believes, people that have it don't talk about it
>>
Im in the exacty same boat man. im 24 now and have been smoking since i was 12, up until about a month ago i was smashing a ridiculous amount of cones daily, out of pure habit.....

i would work monday through wednesday, itching to get home just to smash a cones even though i knew i didnt want to, its a wierd addicting man... ive been a heroin addict and a meth head but weed is the suble addiction that came eniterly integrate itself into every aspect of your life and you wont even know until you quit... i found heroin easier to quit, meth was a dream compared to me quitting weed. im one week clean and im looking to smoke tonight, honestly quitting weed isnt as easy as stopping it (atleast not for me).

quitting weed for me has been a whirlwin of psychological exhaustion and battling with things that were dampened by my being stoned for 5-7 hours a night....

A big difference between us i feel is that i change incredibly on weed, my best meories are not from weed at all, infact some of my worst are associate with it. im a paranoid overthinking stoner who dug such a deep hole with weed that quitting for me has been difficult. ive had to join the military, move back to my mums for love (a massive aspect) and throw in plans to move out with friends who do not smoke and share my passion for keeping clean....

At the end of the day one thing is what i cling to when i dream of sobriety.....i want to experience new things, i want to build on my character which i feel has been halted for the last 5 years simply becuase i smoked weed so intensely. also, women :D

i havent had a date in 7 months! let alone fucked anything in closer to 8! i attribute alot of this due to my smoking, my paranoia i would get when i was stoned i felt would creep into my normal state, which in hindseight is anything but normal.

Understand that quitting will open a completely knew perspective to life you dont even know you have, realising im almost at the limit....i might post again
>>
>>554950175
feel grateful your addiction is largely psychological and doesn't entail a noteworthy physical detox

addiction to hard opiates, benzos or alcohol is infinitely worse. count your blessings, and be glad you're coming to this realization now rather than later
>>
File: 0.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
i stopped smoking 2 or 3 weeks ago, i feel great. I smoked every day for like 2 years straight. and when i didnt have any i would litterally sit there craving it for hours.
>>
>>554952908
>Been smoking like 3 - 4 days/week for the past 2 years. I'm 19 working as a software developer making a shitload of money and spend less than 30 bucks/month on weed.

Dude, I don't at all claim that smoking weed stops you being successful or you can't have a good life while doing it or it will ever go bad for you for that matter but do you know think I was spending less than 30 bucks/ month on weed at some point? Seriously man, you laugh at it now but future you could be smoking 6/7 days a week, got fired from your software developing job, broke as fuck, yet still have your weed habit. Don't under estimate it man.
>>
>>554952248
>weather
i want to believe you're that dumb
because it's funnier
>>
>>554950175
I've quit smoking for the past week and idk if I'll ever smoke again. I went through the same thought process as OP, been smoking for 6 years. Once I quit for 60 days and started again (dumb). The thing that sucks is, either I have to be high everyday every hour or just not smoke at all, there is no middle ground. Good luck quitting, it really is a waste of time and money.
>>
>>554953658
the exact reason i never took anything other than weed, i realized what a little bitch i am when i threw a fit about being out of hydrocodones, i get addicted to things very easily, my g/f said the other day "want to get some coke?"

i said are you trying to fucking kill me? yeah go get me some vanilla coke bitch, and an oh henry
>>
>>554953387
it's more like, if you actually fit such a description (19, making lots of money and self-actualized) you likely wouldn't be on 4chan in the middle of the night on a weekend, much less feeling the need to go out of your way to indulge in self-aggrandizement amongst a bunch of anonymous posters

on the other hand, it's just the kind of thing someone who wants to believe he's going to do it would lie about and role play as if he's already done it
>>
>>554951782
Your body can only produce so much serotonin. It would be hard to get addicted to mdma even if you tried. The truth is anything is addicting if it makes you feel good. I smoked alot in pharmacy school and once i had to stop for my job. It was "difficult" to quit but after about a could weeks being away from stoner friends and not smoking it was fine. Weed isn't addicting as how other drugs like heroin is . Heroin replaces oxytocin ,dopamine along with other "happy chemicals". Stimulation of the cannabis receptors release these chemicals naturally in the brain . The only withdrawal from weed is just the craving to get high . It'll only last a couple weeks . Just have willpower enough not to waste anymore money it.
>>
>>554953691
$30 a month? At one point I was dealing major weed and doing b&e just to support my weed habit (stupid, I know). Man, I used to smoke at least $30 a day, if not more.
>>
holy shit how do you guys smoke so much everyday ? i fucking could never do that. i only do about $5 worth every week or other week
>>
>>554953421
Nice story man. I feel ya about all the overthinking paranoid shit. I'm almost sat here now like what the fuck have I been doing? but at the same time I'm thinking.. "well if my friends offer to smoke me up maybe I can accept as long as I don't start buying it"... fuck sake man, it's already gripping me and it's only been like 24 hours. I'm going to stay strong though.
>>
quitting weed will sharpen your senses and increase your comprehension of not only others, but of your own thoughts....another thing i struggle with as well is that i cant stand the idea of being a sobre cunt.... i want weed in my life, ive had some incredible thoughts on weed and when i listen to music i hear beats i never knew were there.... but i know i need to break my ties with weed for a long time if im ever to have a healthy relationsip with mary jane. and i do beleive one hcan have healthy relationship with weed....

this semester at uni, i failed all my units, i almost lost my job and isolated myself for 4 months...it took this for me to take some drastic enviromental changes in my life that would allow me to actually quit weed, and im still not there yet, im in the process...

quitting weed is not a decision, it is a process, weed was such a part of my daily thought process that ive had to sublimate so much just to get through a day.....ive started playing video games again, i see friends almost every night, i train for natural dopamine as well as to help me sleep....quitting weed wil only happen if there are these things in palce

1. the absolute will to quit
2. knowing why your quitting and doing for yourself
3. do not put yourself in situations that will unneccesarily expose you to weed (ei, i dont visit my brother, atleast not till im a month or so clean)
4. getting your support structures in place
5. fucking get some hobbies
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 360x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 360x250px
>>554953786
faggot at least I don't smoke weed
>or any other drug

>how do these people live with themselves?

I get straight As in school

>but noone will believe that even though it's true
>>
>>554954415
i have hobbies bro, the only problem is i don't enjoy them unless i'm high, so im just thinkng i'll get new ones, that i've only ever done sober, maybe painting or some shit idk yet
>>
>>554954146
Dude stop fucking patronizing me. I'm perfectly aware that weed isn't physically addictive like heroin but I and other people in this thread are living examples of it's true addictive nature. A few years ago I would be in this thread arguing it's not even slightly addictive and everyone in here is a weak pussy.
>>
Fuck, OP your story is basically me, but every time I say I'm done I go buy and don't stop, any tips to stay off?
>>
>>554950175
OP I feel the same way, I keep telling myself "I will stop I will stop" but push come to shove I never do. Been smoking for 3 years now, recently every day pretty much since I wake up until I sleep. Moving to Philly this fall and bought a vape for city life but its just stagnating. Instead of thinking "I'm going to go to [insert something productive/exciting]" I just thinkg "I'm gonna get high."
>>
also dude there is a saying over here that is for ciggerettes but i reckon its great for anything

DO NOT QUIT QUITTING, EACH TIME YOU GET A LITTLE BETTER AT IT....

ive been trying ot quit for years and every time i have ive gotten alittle better at it
>>
>>554954164
Same man.
>>
>>554954763
Cut off contact with your dealer(s) and friends who smoke. It's the only fucking way.
>>
>>
420 blaze it fagz lol sweg nigger fuk pu$$y
>>
i really wish you all the very best in your endeavours to quit, always remember that the benefits will pay off in dividends...youll become better people and appreciate so much more in your lives...and remmember, understand that you have a lot of life left in you, if you have to quit for 2 years to learn how to have a healthy relationship wuith weed all your doing in trading 2 years for 50+ of halthy happy years, and even in those 2 years they will be some of the most eye opening experience youll of ever had
>>
>>554953037
gratz on your shitpost
>>
>>554954763
OP here. I'm not sure this is a good tip but I've just thought of it now. Apart from weed I also smoke cigs which I plan to continue with for now (one fucking step at a time). My plan is that every time my stoner mates spark up a joint, I'll just roll a cig and smoke that. I'm still kinda partaking in the smoking, the only difference is that they're going to be stoned and I'm not but if you really think about it, why the fuck do I even wanna be stoned 24/7. Surely I can have a good conversation/fun without?
>>
File: 1390790430278.gif (194KB, 300x129px) Image search: [Google]
1390790430278.gif
194KB, 300x129px
>>554950175

> Addicted
> Weed
pick one faggot

I know people that have been smoking forever guy needed to quit for a job stopped for 5 whole months, got promoted to where he doesn't get checked and now he smokes again, ( about half as much as he used to )

It's for recreation, like riding a bike or making model fucking airplanes. You don't get addicted to it. Grow some balls.
>>
>>554954986
I know that's like the major step, but I'm such a pussy when it comes to talking to people that my dealer is my only friend, that's a big part for why I've never stopped, I don't want to be lonely.
>>
>>554950175
If smoking weed makes you be not productive, you're probably an idiot and don't need weed. I, however, become productive and ambitious when I smoke. I'll lift weights, eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, become better in terms of personality and physicality. I'll go running outside and enjoy the sunlight. I'll be genuinely happy to talk to people and be around them. I'll become inspired to get out of old habits and start new ones because it makes me realize that doing the same things over and over every day lead to nowhere. It just makes everything better. You're doing it wrong, bro. It's become an addiction for you, and that's not what weed is for.
>>
File: 1391289231541.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1391289231541.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>554953037
shitpost/10
>>
>>554955784
I used to think the same
>>
>>554955784
You can literally get addicted to anything, jump off that high horse queer.
>>
File: xkcd_citation_needed_edit.jpg (11KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd_citation_needed_edit.jpg
11KB, 271x271px
>>554956105
> [Citation Needed]

feel free to prove that
>>
>>554954721
No need for that brother, he -along with many of us- is trying to help out. He makes a good point. And in case he is patronizing, disregard the attitude and take the advice.
>>
>>554955924
Yes but dude you're completely missing the point. I'm also somewhat productive when I'm high because I have to live day to day. I play in a band and make money from it etc etc. (lets brag about our lives).

You say you lift weights, you become better in terms of personality, but you'll start to feel you need weed to work out. You'll need weed to have that 'better personality'. Do you think I've not experienced all this positive things from weed man? I mentioned it in my original post, if I smoked it now I'd still experience positive side effects but as you said, it's become a problem and it can do for anyone else including you if you're not careful.
>>
>>554956250
emotional addiction faggot
thats why people compulsively bite their nails ect
>>
>>554956250
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-15723834

Do a google search moron.
>>
>>554956381
>>554954146
Upon reflection I kinda did respond too harshly. My bad haha.
>>
>>554956647
> emotional addiction faggot

So a weak pussy addiction that anyone with half a fucking ball can overcome, kk
>>
>>554956743
Don't feed the troll man.
>>
>>554956906
You are such an inspiration, the true blueprint of how human beings should be.
>>
>>554956906
This thread is about gaining that half a ball and overcoming it. Stop hating for hating sake.
>>
Maybe we should all do a nightly or weekly thread to keep up. Just have some dudes to talk to about progress, anyone in?
>>
>>554957098
such blunt sarcasm always makes me chuckle. I commend you good sir
>>
File: 1402972011324.jpg (80KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1402972011324.jpg
80KB, 500x669px
>>554956647

Nigga if you count emotional addiction then masturbation should be outlawed so your faggot ass might do something productive.

The only addiction that matters for anyone who isn't a candyassed I-can't-handle-being-pissy-for-a-few-days bitch is chemical addiction. Any kind of "addiction" that poses no real threat to your health is as easy to break as saying "I'm done," and not fucking doing it again.

Christ almighty, the addictive quality of weed isn't even a fucking factor in the whole debate about the drug. News flash retards: western, and especially American culture is built on addiction; if it wasn't a goddamned taboo from your hippie parents' days, it wouldn't even be outlawed.
>>
File: 1370154806439.jpg (15KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1370154806439.jpg
15KB, 300x200px
>>554957194
kek
>>
>>554957362
I like the idea but I don't really like the logistics of it.

Also, I'm going to bed soon, it's like 8:25 in the morning for me. On that insomnia flex but cheers for all the responses and love. Didn't expect it to get this much response (especially positive).
>>
>>554950175

Hey man. i absolutly think the same like u do. I just could sign that text as by me. I just fall back into dope times... i stopped for bout half a year but than i got social problems and in followup of a "great depression" i started smoke again to stay clear. i will try again this year. wish ya best to stay clean!
>>
>>554957668
Either way, good luck bro.
>>
File: pics011n.jpg (58KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
pics011n.jpg
58KB, 800x496px
I'm in the same place as a lot of you. Haven't gone more than maybe two weeks in the past six years without being stoned. I just do it out of habit now, and I really don't like it. My brain feels foggy most of the time. It's been two days without now. Hopefully I can keep it up.
>>
>>554950175
Is this LUkas?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.