[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/, my acnes killing me and I'm sick of it. It's either

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

File: acne-pustular-12.jpg (80KB, 720x472px) Image search: [Google]
acne-pustular-12.jpg
80KB, 720x472px
/b/, my acnes killing me and I'm sick of it. It's either I shave or I don't and it turns out terrible from my face down to my belly. I know it's just not razor burn but I'd love some advice on that all or some stuff I should get. I've tried a lot of products, even ones from my dermatologist. Nothings working though. Help guys? Please? ;~; I'd post a picture of me, but it's pretty dark. So, pic related.
>>
your age?
>>
>>552344745
17, been going on for ages though.
>>
>>552344745
Obviously 14.
>>
>>552344668
I had really bad acne when I was a teenager. I found that exercise and diet helped a lot but more importantly tan skin was the way to fix it.
>>
>>552344995
so essentially, leave the fucking house during the day and do some physical activity
>>
Sunlight is good for skin. Go soak up some vitamin D.
>>
It'll go away around 20. Also stop drinking cola.
>>
I wanna suck the puss from each individual zit.
>>
>>552344668
Get vinager and bleach, rub some on your face, it has to be mixed, and it will open your pours over night, all the puss or whatever is inside the acne is removed away by the mixture.
>>
>>552344819
Well, it can still get worse. Mine was at it's worst during age 19, 20, 21. It didn't stop until I was about 27. I was never able to effectively stop it. I was barely able to control it & treat it when I had flare ups. Nothing would really prevent or stop it from happening.

Now, almost 30, I have no acne at all. My advice would be to not overreact aggressively towards your acne, you want to avoid having scars in your future.
>>
>>552344995
Thanks, I've lost a ton of weight lately and I've been dieting well too. I guess I can try getting a tan also.
>>
>>552344668

Roaccutane is the shit you fucking want. Your acne will get a tiny bit worse for about a week, then it will fucking stop existing. Roaccutane will fuck that shit's brains out until your acne rolls over and dies of an overly prolapesed anus. Your acne will dissappear into the vast gaping hole that is the anal crevasse of the universe.

References: Worked for me.
>>
>>552344890
lol things were a lot better then.
>>
>>552345845

Note: you want the 50mg stuff at the very least.

also sunscreen becomes very, very important
>>
>>552345845
>Roaccutane
That honestly sounds pretty cool, the way it works, I looked it up, I might try getting my hands on some, thanks man.
>>
>>552346063

Your dermatologist should have told you about it. I went from having solid lumps of pimple on top of pimple that I couldn't use my jaw without pain, to pimple free in just over a month
>>
>>552346231
Well I had a dermatologist and they stopped accepting what I was using so I kind of lost access to it all, I'll have to find something else to do from here and ask about it.
>>
>>552346663

Ah well, good luck man. Hope you get your hands on some of it
>>
Have you ever tried washing less?
>>
>>552346918
Thanks, will do c:
>>
Exercise, sun exposure, lack of greasy foods, daily rinsing face with hot water (enough to exfoliate and cleanse pores, but don't use any shower gel or soap as that strips skins natural oils which are the good kind that will help prevent acne), drink lots of water, and some food grade hydrogen peroxide on the face daily should work wonders.
>>
File: 1401643024585.jpg (89KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1401643024585.jpg
89KB, 480x720px
>>552346063
You shouldn't use this now because it's summer. You can get sunspots because it makes your skin thinner and vulnerable to sunlight and those things can be worse than acne scars. Wait until september and use it but first go to a doctor and do some blood tests as it has tons of side effects and it will affect your liver and kidneys
>>
>tfw never had a zit in my life
>>
>>552344668
>no dairy (probably biggest thing you can do)
>lots of water, no other drinks
>lots of sleep
>exercise
>cool/cold showers
>evening showers rather than morning
>rinse your face in the morning (just with cold water/wet cloth)
>eat less wheat, meat, sugar, and oil
>remove stress from your life
>don't use accutane etc, it will do more harm than good long term
>cashews and lemon juice can supposedly help (unsure if true)
>rubbing aloe vera on your skin can supposedly help (unsure if true)
>>
>>552347225
Acutane worked for me. Try it, some don't give it out anymore but some still do through a watch program to make sure everything is ok... It's a little annoying.
>>
>>552347496
>wheat, meat, sugar, and oil
starve?
>>
OP, I'll be a huge bro to you right now since I have the time, and I sympathize with you having had terrible cystic acne in the past.

Any problems manifesting on the skin are the red flags that something is wrong in your stomach or intestines.

What happens OP, is if you have ever taken antibiotics, you completely destroy your stomach flora (probiotic bacteria and good yeasts) and if you eat a standard (assuming American) diet then you're getting a lot of sugar and refined carbohydrates that break down into sugars.

What happens then, is you end up feeding a yeast called Candida albican.

Basically it takes over your stomach, and you start craving sugars and carbs. Eventually, if you eat enough GMO corn and pesticide-laden wheat you'll end up having "leaky gut syndrome," which means some of your food will enter your bloodstream.

This is how allergies to food, and especially wheat nowadays happens. Your body initiates an autoimmune response to the invaders in the blood. Eventually you develop an autoimmune response to clear these toxins, and as your toxins build up, the last place to release them is through your skin.

Acne, psoriasis, shingles, hives, IBS and crohns are all interrelated and have to do with the gut.

Fortunately, there are supplements you can take to repair your stomach over time.
>Probiotics
>Fermented foods
>Aloe vera (soothes stomach lining)
>Digestive enzymes (helps with absorption of nutrients and eases digestion)
>Essential fatty Acids (omega 3-6-9)
>Multivitamin
>High dose Ester Vitamin C and Vitamin A through carrot juice (drink with fatty food to help absorption. Accutane is a high-dose synthetic vitamin A, but will fuck you up long term.)

I might have forgotten a few things, but I hope this helps.

Oh also, don't eat wheat or GMO corn. I swear to you this was the basis for my acne and my underlying digestive problems.
>>
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition unrelated to bacteria.
You must eliminate food or beverages that inflame your skin.

Main culprits
1) Caffeine
2) Trans-fats
3) High fructose corn syrup
4) Dairy

Fast food has all of them BTW.

Antibiotics can temporarily eliminate inflammation but they lose efficacy over time.

topicals, creams, cleansers, none of that works.

Use a vegetable based soap on your skin only, cleansers are very harsh and dry the skin.

recommended soaps: coco castile, any glycerin based soap with no fragrance (neutrogena unscented).
>>
File: 1380591278946.jpg (634KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1380591278946.jpg
634KB, 2560x1440px
>>552348580
Don't listen to this faggot, avoid antibiotics.

Also, get a natural organic cleanser with Alpha-hydroxy Acids from fruit. Pair with with a glycolic or salycylic toner and moisturizer.
>>
>>552344668
You're violently intolerant of all wheat and white flour products, and possibly dairy. Stop eating them for awhile and watch the acne disappear.
>>
-wash your ass with bar soap twice a day
-wash your bedding weekly
-rubbing alcohol after shaving and showering
-less greasy foods, less soda
-get laid
-get sun
-work out
>>
>>552344668
For the next 3-5 months:

1. quit jacking it (now)

2. exercise and eat healthy

3. Drink lots of water.

If this doesn't work at all for the acne, as in you TRULY did this and it's not worked at all, then you should just kill yourself.
>>
Dont sleep with your face on the pillow OP thats the most stupid thing you can do.
>>
File: 1402906266676.jpg (39KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1402906266676.jpg
39KB, 700x525px
>>552344668
>Acutane and change your pillow covers daily
>>
>>552348887
>Also, get a natural organic cleanser with Alpha-hydroxy Acids from fruit. Pair with with a glycolic or salycylic toner and moisturizer

WORST ADVICE EVER. Alpha hydroxy acids inflame and burn the skin. glycolic and salicylic acids burn the skin as well.

It will make your acne far worse, your skin is acidic enough when you put that shit on it your pimples will go crazy.
>>
>>552344668
also you should go see a dermatologist, this is a medical condition that can be treated there is no reason to suffer just go to a doctor.
>>
File: 1378110066633.jpg (229KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1378110066633.jpg
229KB, 717x880px
>>552349347
>Not understanding biochemistry.
>>
mfw no one told him to shower and wash face daily. no one has acne that doesnt go away with proper face washing, the fuck is wrong with you lazy fat fucks.
>>
>>552344668
Can you post a pic of yourself? It doesn't have to be your face, but someplace that shows how severe it is
>>
I just gotta say that I vote for sun too. It works for me as I get bad acne on my back and only my back. I used to get it on my face but it just stopped. Also, don't go out in the sun too long. Like a little burn is good not baking yourself.
>>
>>552344668

Dude listen, buy a shitload of tea tree extract ( normally sold containing alcohol, or in gel form)

Apply to entire face
Works on body too
>>
One thing that does work is using benzoyl peroxide, LOTS of it. It makes the skin extremely basic and neutralizes acidic skin that makes it inflamed.
It will burn like hell at first but what it does is short-circuit the pores and shrinks them, making them largely inactive.

The biggest problem with benzoyl peroxide is that it is a bleach, so if it touches any of your clothing it will bleach them unless they're 100% synthetic.
I once absentlymindedly wiped my face with my t-shirt while I was mowing the lawn and the benzoyl peroxide made a huge bleaching stain on the front of my shirt.

Other than that its very cheap to buy. Don't be fooled by those expensive subscription face cleanser scams....they all use the same ingredient, benzoyl peroxide which can be purchased for $1 to $3 at any store.

ProActive is a FUCKING SCAM, $20 a month for $1 worth of benzoyl peroxide.
>>
>>552346063
You do know that shit causes extreme depression in some and is said to be the cause of multiple suicides right?
>>
>>552350010

>this post

Sounds like 'rub bengay all over yourself' to me
>>
Buy Accutane.

Nuclear Vitamin B bomb
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 538x400px)
image.jpg
22KB, 538x400px
I had the same exact problem. I'm your age and my mom saw somewhere that apple cider vinegar helped, got me some, and I just put it on a washcloth or some toilet paper and rubbed all over my face at night right before bed. It burns if you let your face get too dry but it seriously helps. Like within 2-3 days it cleared my entire face up and I had it totally bad.
>>
Vitamin A, do not overdose it. 5000 UI a day maximum. just dont go in the sun too much.
Same active ingredient as Roaccutane but MUCH cheaper.
>>
>>552344819
underage b&
>>
>>552350534
>Nuclear Vitamin B bomb
PROTIP: Never take Vitamin B, Niacinamide or B3 supplements in large amounts.
It is quite damaging to the body and makes your skin worse.

The Niacin "flush" is a well known side effect and will make a bad acne problem 10 times worst.
Thats why accutane people get a massive outbreak of acne when they start the regimen, then over time it damages their pores permanently, causing dry eyes, itchy skin and plenty of unintentional side effects like crohn's disease.
>>
>>552350404
>Sounds like 'rub bengay all over yourself' to me
Trust me it works, its just a pain in the ass to slather your face with benzoyl peroxide cream.
>>
>>552344668

for some people, diet is the real key

dairy products
processed meat
starch sources like potatoes
smoking's a really bad one--any kind of smoking
wheat germ was a biggie for me, when i quit eating it, everything improved
deodorant soap can exacerbate acne, too
>>
>>552350939
I had some semi bad acne in high school but after I graduated it went away, im 22
>>
>>552351567
same. Had horrible acne in high school, and it mysteriously went away after I graduated. I swear I was being exposed to something in school that was causing it now
>>
>>552344668
If products to treat acne doesn't help its most likely an internal issue (most of the time is) you probably need a lifestyle change.
>>
>>552349325
This
Helped a couple of friends
Make sure you read up on acutane and do everything necessary to manage the side effects
>>
>>552344668
http://www.exposedskincare.com/acne-treatment-faq/sun-effective-acne-treatment.html

also dont be a nigger
>>
>too retarded to contact a doctor
>>
going vegan was the only thing that helped me. dealth with acne for 10+ years :(
went vegan when i was 27, acne got a little worse for the first couple months (detox?) then smooth sailing from there.
not to mention got way more energy, smell better, happier, fitter, joints and stronger, the list goes on.

just make sure its high carb low fat
get out 30bananasaday com
>>
ATTN: Anyone who has acne.

Use hemp oil. Pure hemp oil. Soak your face in it for 3 hours straight every evening before you go to bed.

Drinking three tea spoons of it every morning.

Clear up. Be free. Dont trust the pharmaceutical industry
>>
>>552347505
gotta admit it works although the side effects can be a bitch and the relapse rate is pretty high (~60% uncertain about the source)
did one treatment of it for 6 months and was acne free for a while but it just came back. won't do it again because it fucked up my eyes while using it
>>
>>552344668
I see it has. been said but get accutane. It cleared me up in half a year. The only symptom experienced was dry lips. I have hardly any acne
>>
>>552344668
Google tamanu oil. that is the best shit I've ever used for acne. I've never had intense acne but it has made some stubborn acne on certain parts of my body disappear.
>>
>>552352391
Bumping for
>Jew8 ID

Don't use accutane and all that toxic bullshit
>>
>>552344668
Go black up like Al Jolson.

You're welcome anon.
>>
File: 000_hkg8829927.si.jpg (194KB, 690x388px)
000_hkg8829927.si.jpg
194KB, 690x388px
>>552344668
Accutane is literally the only full-proof no bullshit cure, OP.

Don't worry about
>eating healthy
>physical exercise
>washing your face three times a day
>changing your pillow every day
>never touching your face
>soaking your face with a hot towel
>soaking your face in lemon juice
>any other bullshit routine people convince you to try

Accutane is literally the only cure. I had two sessions and it changed my life. A doctor will tell you it is the most extreme method and that's because it fucking works. You have to push for it. Otherwise they will have you spending truckloads on external products that do little to mitigate the symptoms and do nothing to fix the internal problem.

Accutane bro.
>>
>>552348072
Jism
>>
>>552352929
>full-proof
fool-proof?
>>
Isotretinoin, also known as Accutane and Roaccutane is the only cure that will help it get a way for a while.
You just have to wait it out, enjoy the scars.
I come from family with 3 generations of males with severe acne.
All still bear the scars. All had Isotretinoin.
>>
>>552353257
My bad. Statement still stands.
>>
Half-cast/perfect skin master race reporting in
>>
>>552345824

Diet has nothing to do with acne. It's mostly genetics, hormones and sometimes bacteria. Just go to a dermatologist before you try some fucking stupid remedy and make things worse
>>
>>552346063
Despite what people say. It's not all that bad.
Been taking it for just over a month, Turned from dominoes pizza to only having mild acne.
Only side effects i've had is dry lips and nosebleeds which are easily cured by putting Vaseline up your nose (lol)
The side effects are mostly an inconvenience and usually nothing severe.
>>
>>552354002
perfect skin master race, never had a bad breakout before and zero acne scarring. feels good
>>
>>552354178
Actually two factors in diet can cause acne to be more severe in some people. Spikes in insulin and consuming Insulinotropic foods can make acne worse. Examples of foods that do this are high sugar foods, refined cards, and milk.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21335995

So yes diet can matter, so please stop spewing this bullshit that it doesn't. In some people cutting down on their dairy, sugar, and wheat consumption can really help.
>>
>>552344819
>USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
Top Kek
>>
File: 1403099747369.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1403099747369.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>>552344819
dun goof's.
>>
>>552354815
I should note that the stronger evidence that milk and diet influences acne is VERY NEW. The real evidence has only been discovered within the last 4 years. The myth that diet has nothing to do that acne is now a myth, but it'll probably persist for a bit. Even some dermatologists aren't totally in on it yet. But these days the knowledge that diet affects acne is pretty much confirmed. The big one is milk. Cutting dairy products can often help.
>>
I had the same problem for years. 2 months ago I had enough, so I went to this doctor which specializing in skin. He gave me a medicine called Isotretinoin orifarm. now i dont have a single pimple.
>>
>>552354608
Feels good. These acne faggots stay pleb.
>>
>21
>still have acne
>covers face, nose, upper arms
>shit genetics, my dad had same
>tried accutane and every other medication
>pretty sure my acne has evolved to be resistant to antibiotics now
>wat do /b/
>>
>>552357484
cry
>>
File: 1384013514382.jpg (227KB, 1182x549px) Image search: [Google]
1384013514382.jpg
227KB, 1182x549px
>>
>>552344668
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Acne-Scars-Fast

/thread
>>
>>552344819
kek
>>
>>552344819
You dun goofed
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.