[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Join in on an important social movement, /b/ By not tipping

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 44

File: notips.png (2MB, 986x1072px) Image search: [Google]
notips.png
2MB, 986x1072px
Join in on an important social movement, /b/

By not tipping food servers we can force business owners to pay them a decent fucking wage
>>
Funny, cause if we see you again we will fuck your food up. If we don't, we fuck your credit card up.
>>
>>542422809

I never tip, if I want to spend more money then what the meal costs, I'll

a) go to a more expensive restaurant next time
b) get dessert
c) quit my job because I obviously have too much money already
d) give some money to the homeless guy out front

but none of these ever happen because I like to keep my money and spend only what an item costs, because I am not a charity.
>>
File: 1290996580784.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1290996580784.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>542422809
>writing shittags on the customer copy of the receipt
>expects to get something done with armchair activism
>>
>>542422809
cheap bastard
>>
i agree with OP, i dont tip, im buying food, not paying their wages.
>>
>>542423753

See that is why I like to live in a large city, (currently los angeles) I never go to the same restaurant or bar twice in the same month.

>small town fag
>>
Why dont you pay the tips and fight for higher wages at the same time?
>>
first off Snuffers is disgusting, even the one off Greenville

Second, I almost cut my arm on your edge! I am sure you didn't write that on the customer copy you pleb.
>>
>>542422809

sometimes I do tip though, like if the bill comes out to something like 34.91 then I'll tip the 9cents to make it a round $35, but only if they did not fuck up my order, and kept my glass full.
>>
>>542424012
actually, that's exactly what your doing.
>>
>>542424012
You should probably dine at a grocery store if you're only buying food and not service.
>>
>>542422809
OP you should be trying to change the 'decent fucking wage' before you try to get rid of tips.

Sure it will take longer, however, you won't destroy someones way of making an income in the process. (if you want to get rid of prostitutes you don't go and cut out their vaginas)

I understand that you like the idea of everyone ' tightening their belt strap (i don't know really, i'm guessing), but it's kind of unfair to an already socially disadvantaged group that you want to make it even harder for them to exist.
>>
I think tipping is fucking bullshit but I do it anyway just so I won't get shit for it. I think if you're dumb enough to get a job that pays like 2 fucking dollars an hour, you deserve to get shit for money. People in that kind of business aren't much better than beggars.

One time I went to Dennys with a bunch of my friends. We all had split checks and I wasn't very hungry so I got like a $2 quesadilla and a water. After paying, I got bitched out for not tipping. I got bitched out by the waitress for not tipping on a $2 meal. Those people truly are fucking stupid shitsocks
>>
>>542423753

No, servers dont commit felony wire fraud over one stiff. ESPECIALLY when it so traceable, you will guarantee lose your job and get arrested if the CC owner gives a fuck.
>>
>>542424603

way too generous anon
>>
>>542424876

What I hated was when I had this girl friend that insisted on tipping the maids at hotels.

>fuck dat

so I would have her take her stuff down to the car and recover the $10 that she left.
>>
>>542424876
you got bitched out by the waitress for not tipping?
dafuq?
>>
File: 1348841851485.jpg (27KB, 283x459px) Image search: [Google]
1348841851485.jpg
27KB, 283x459px
>>542422809
you say this like they don't make enough.
>>
>>542422809
>xD we can force business owners to raise prices and in turn receive shittier service! #SOCIALPROGRESS
#FORWARD
woooo!!!!111
>>
>>542425657
you forgot sage
>>
File: 1380447495395.png (284KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
1380447495395.png
284KB, 491x491px
>>542422809

Never been a waiter, however I do know from upscale restaurant service (sous chef) that the servers/busers/waiters WILL fuck with your food if you do this and then come back again.

I caught a runner doing this to a $55 entree and nearly fucking killed him.

After a brief interrogation he revealed that he had done it multiple times to bad tippers. Mind you he was young, but still from what I have heard from my friends this is certainly not an isolated incident...
>>
>>542422809
You're going to be paying it either way retard.
The restaurant isn't just going to magically start giving them more money while keeping the prices the same. Fucking kids living at home thinking money just comes from nothing.
>>
>>542423794
>>542424012

Then how would you like to pay $30 for a salad and some soup? Or perhaps $50 for one burger and a side of fries?

If you're really that bent out of shape about the way the industry works, simply eat your own food that you pay for. Restaurants take their budget, split it in half, and denote half to buying their supplies and half to paying workers. Yeah it shouldn't be our job to help pay the worker's salary, but if you don't want to compensate on overall higher prices, don't fucking complain. People like you are such socially inept people.
>>
>>542425773
whoops yeah youre right sry bby :3
>>
>>542424876
Fuck you and everyone else who doesn't understand the fucking concept of minimum wage. ALL FOOD SERVERS GET PAID MINIMUM WAGE IF THEIR TIPS DO NOT ADD UP TO IT. They start out at $2 or $3 or whatever an hour and are expected to break even or get more than minimum wage. If for some reason not a single tip was given for a week straight, every single server would be paid enough to make minimum wage.

Servers don't deserve tips for doing their fucking job, though I will tip someone if their service is outstanding.
>>
>>542424876
Look, that waitress was a bitch for complaining about you not tipping. No arguments about that.
However, sometimes a shitty job is the only job you can get. Someone's not "dumb enough" to get a bad job, they're fucking forced to.
>>
Please, under the current landscape, a server can walk out of their shift with at least a bill in cash if they are any good on a slow night. double it on a friday or saturday. for 5 hours on your feet, it isnt a terrible wage for fairly simple work. Just kiss ass, consolidate, learn shortcuts, learn to bullshit, and if all else fails, get the manager. Who gives a fuck if they let you go, walk to the restaurant next door, and start serving the next day.

If managers would stop accepting tips, and just pay a minimum wage, they could charge a % based service charge, and have more money in their own pockets than they get now. The problem is, fuckasses in your average restaurant managerial positions don't understand business, accounting, finance, economics, or anything other than fingering the bartender behind the bar, or jerking off in the office.
>>
File: whiny-ass-titty-baby[1].jpg (31KB, 374x411px) Image search: [Google]
whiny-ass-titty-baby[1].jpg
31KB, 374x411px
>>542422809
>everyone realizes that OP is right
>everyone stops tipping
>corporations realize they have to pay their wait staff a living wage
>wage goes up
>price of food in restaurant goes up significantly
>OP cries while fisting himself in the ass and has to come up with a new reason to complain about having to pay money for a service
>>
Lol @ thinking excuses jews make for being jews qualifies as important.
>>
>>542425791
By "this" I mean sticking his hand down his pants and presumably rubbing his dick tip before wiping it on a perfectly prepared med-rare Filet mignon that was half of the Surf and Turf I had just fucking prepared.
>>
>>542425941
fuck you and everyone else who doesn't understand the concept and purpose of tipping.
>>
>>542425840
Restaurants in any other country in the world do well without this tipping system and the prices dont have to be high at all. If only american restaurant owners didnt have such big noses, right?
>>
>>542425106
Well, if you're retarded, yes. I've done this over and over and over. Oops, your 50$ bill just jumped up to 55$ because I have 'slippery fingers'. I've been in retail and sales my entire life, and if we don't fuck up your food/bill, we will make sure you get the shittiest product/anything at all period. Even if you never come back, you will leave hating the fact that you even wanted to be a dick. Oh, and wire fraud is a totally different thing, you'd technically be committing fraud/identity theft.
>>
>>542426426
Yea, wasting money on someone who is already being paid to do their job.
>>
>>542425657

Actually, there is no research that a tipping based economy creates better service, especially if tips are an expectation, not a pleasant surprise. In fact, the idea of a tipping based economy making service better is total conjecture from saavy restaurant owners understanding that they can compete on a price basis if they pass on service fees directly to the server. The customer can simply opt to fuck the server, the restaurant collects their profit, and everybody is happy, except for the servers, which, aside from bussers and hostesses, are the most replaceable cog in the restaurant.
>>
>>542422809
only a hick
>>
whole thread full of edgy faggots
> m-m-muh hard earnd muny!
> g-get a real job!
too bad none of you have the balls to tell your servers that before the meal starts.

Also, this whole, not tipping servers 'movement' will literally just inspire restaurants to add 18%+ gratuity to your checks that you have to pay as a service fee in order to keep wages and food costs down. Nice brain idiots.
>>
In the end, I'd much rather tipping stay a thing. Since I dont give a fuck about certain social constructs, I have no problem stiffing a waiter or waitress. If they did away with tipping, I would have to pay the service charge. As it is now, I can get away with stiffing the server. wtf are they gonna do? next time I come in, they wont be there because restaurant turnover is so high, and if they are, that means they are a good and loyal; employee, and wont spit in my food anyways.
>>
>>542426991
brofist.jpg
>>
>>542427170
>and if they are, that means they are a good and loyal; employee, and wont spit in my food anyways.
lel, it's like you haven't actually ever worked on a tip based salary before.
>>
>>542427170
just hope they don't remember you, or they will fuck everything about your meal on purpose.
>>
fuck this shit, these whores spend all of high school sucking dick and refining their handjob tecnique whilst learning fuck all and then take the only job they can do just like any brain damaged inbred can.
And now we are supposed to pay for them being dumb fucking whores? They deserve shit pay for being shit people
>>
>>542427446

Thats fine. I'll just complain, and get a comped meal. free food is always great. And I'll be taking that to go as well.
>>
>Dallas, TX
>Greenville Ave

Wtf OP I live about 3 minutes away. 214 represent.
>>
Oh, look at you hipster shit, hanging out on Lower Greenville and not tipping. Stop being an asshole.
>>
File: OHYEAH.png (274KB, 423x413px) Image search: [Google]
OHYEAH.png
274KB, 423x413px
>>542427259
>mfw most of these edgey fags who don't have the balls to say it will reply saying they do.

and after you do and your server refuses you service (which they have the right to do and literally no restaurant will ever punish them for doing so) have fun standing in the to go waiting area.
>>
>>542422809
>By not tipping food servers we can force business owners to pay them a decent fucking wage

Stay delusional. Owners don't give a fuck if you tip or not. They still won't increase their wages.
>>
>>542426159
The price of food is already high since you're expected to pay more anyway.

Person A
>Never tips
>Buys a burger for $20
>Total bill $20

Person B
>Always tips
>Buys a burger $20
>Total bill $24

Burger prices go up to $24 and wages are no longer deemed a requirement

Person A is now paying was person B was paying anyway.
The people who are against that sort of movement and eventual fix in the scam on wages are stingy jews. end of story.
>>
there are 2 bars with the same bar tenders that know im a good tipper

i get my drinks fast, even on busy nights
they know my name and what drinks i like
and if im ever looking for some green they know just the right person to ask

youre all bunch of fags that dont realize bartenders know the inside and out of the city and where to score whatever type of weed you want
>>
>>542422809
I think you're a cheap, heartless motherfucker looking for rational confirmation that your selfish attitude is not a shitstain on this world. Cough up your tip and kick in like everybody else, you cheap asshole. goddamit.
>>
>>542427406
>tip based salary

Salary: Salary is a fixed amount of money or compensation paid to an employee by an employer in return for work performed. Salary is commonly paid in fixed intervals, for example, monthly payments of one-twelfth of the annual salary.

Tip based salary is an oxymoron, but aside from pedantics, I have worked as a server, and made between 300-600 dollars a week depending on how many nights I worked. at least a bill every night. Shit is so simple. Flip tables, and tip out the hostesses so they dont double or triple seat you, and it makes flipping a breeze.
>>
File: 1385691486306.jpg (4KB, 120x125px) Image search: [Google]
1385691486306.jpg
4KB, 120x125px
>>542426159
filename.
post.

>mfw
>>
>>542422809
fuck it's been a while since I've been in a tipping thread

you murrikan fucks never cease to amaze me on how much you can beat a dead horse
>>
>>542422809

I think we should go completely 360 and require tipping for everything. Everyone should make 2.35$ an hour plus tips. It should be the national wage.
>>
>>542428105
my bad i meant position, am multitasking. If you were a server, as you said, then you would know your previous statement is false. You should also donate any money you made over minimum wage, while working as a server, to charity. It's so simple, so you don't deserve any more. You knowing wtf you were doing has nothing to do with it, and everyone and anyone could easily do it and be a good server. Oh wait..
>>
>>542427724
and OP is one of those stingy Jews.
>>
I travel all the time and always leave no tip + write shit like "get a better job" or "wash your hair" etc under the tip section when I'm out of town.

The thought of butt devastating some faggot server gets me hard as diamonds.
>>
>>542426741
i live in vegas dude which is total service industry. Tipping will get you better things in life. Btw a bad cog can fuck over a machine. the palms lost a lot of business because a cog pissed dana white off a couple years ago.
>>
I never understood the purpose of tipping. I'm suppose to pay you extra for doing your job correctly? I don't get tipped in my office cause I complete my work on time I get assigned another project. And the 15% rule is fucking stupid. Because I eat in an expensive restaurant and costs me $150-$200, I'm suppose to give you $30? Why the fuck is a sever making $30/hour. If you account for multiple tables in their section that easily sky rockets.

In Austria tipping is actually quite rare and only given in circumstances where the person really goes above and beyond their duty to serve you. Also, culturally, people stay at the table for the whole night and drink so very low turn over. Service was fantastic! North American just created some stupid society where every retard who has a shit job is suppose to be tipped because they were too fucking stupid to stay in school.
>>
only people who defend this are waiters

its not my job to pay your fucking wage

>inb4 selfish
no ur just a greedy little fucker who wants other peoples hard earned money for fucking pouring me a drink
>>
File: baby-king-kong.gif (2MB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
baby-king-kong.gif
2MB, 250x225px
>>542422809
>>
>>542426515
So you just admitted to committing a crime?

I really hope know one traces your ip and fucks you over
>>
File: Mitchell Henderson.jpg (17KB, 350x416px) Image search: [Google]
Mitchell Henderson.jpg
17KB, 350x416px
It's great to live in a country where we're never expected to tip, because service workers are actually paid fairly.

>Australian
>Last year
>Have relatives in the United States of America
>Visit them in San Francisco
>Go on "road trip" with hired car
>Drive from San Francisco to New York
>shitwassocash.avi
>Stop in town after town, dining at restaurants
>Never eat at the same restaurant, twice
>Very pleasant experiences
>Didn't bother to tip
>Tipping is for suckers
>Fly back to Australia
>Use money I saved from not tipping Murrifats working minimum-wage because they didn't study hard in school, to purchase quality cooking equipment
>My face when I eat world-class meals at home and don't bother to tip myself for cooking them, either
>>
>>542427725
This this this this this.

My favorite bar in college was staffed by cute, sexy, and fun bartenders. But this bar only ever had 2 bartenders working and would have easily 150 people in there at a time. The wait for drinks could be VERY long. I tipped well and NEVER shouted the bartenders' names, waved, anything. 30+% tips. I was patient and when they finally asked me what I wanted, I'd be sure to ask if they wanted a shot. They'd pour two shots (one for me, one for bartender), and not charge me for it. After 2 or 3 trips, I started getting a free drink or two a night.

After a few more visits, one of the bartenders was closing out a particularly big tab of mine (maybe 8 mixed drinks, at least $7 each) and said "Oops! Your tab only says 'MIKEY' on it! I forgot to write down your drinks!! How much do you want to pay?" Confounded, I told her to charge me whatever she thought I should pay. She handed me a tab for $12. It was easily a $50 night of drinking. I tipped 80% or something (basically a dollar or two for each drink), and EVERY time I went back, no matter how much I drank, as long as I was the only one drinking on my tab it was always $10~$15 (they had a $10 minimum). I'd say that on average my tab should have been $30~$40 a night. I always tipped 80~10%, so I came out way on top there. They loved me because I tipped super high percentage wise (after all the free drinks), I loved it because I tipped a pretty standard $1~$2 per drink. I was polite to them, they were super nice to me, and even though I knew there was no chance of hooking up (without some major ball-growing on my part) it still felt great to get such love from beautiful girls.
>>
>>542429934
Yes, yes it is. By eating where a food server is employed, you are paying the restaurant, who then pays the server. By not tipping, you are depriving a server of their livelihood.

If you get so butthurt by tipping, don't eat out.
>>
>>542430806

If you get so butthurt by living off tips, don't get a shitty waitress job.
>>
File: 8675309.jpg (25KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
8675309.jpg
25KB, 425x282px
With the exception of a few clubs (read that members-only bar/restaurant/etc, not some place where shit hip-hop is played) I go to, my tipping works like this:

Everyone starts at 10%
Many of them end at 10%
Some with much more
Others with nothing
I Never get anal about it being right on the number (i.e. $53.41 @ 10% = $5.34; I leave $5). And I never feel bad when I leave nothing. They receive what they earn.

Years back when the push began to start tipping at 15%, I just sighed. As a business owner (engineering company), I knew that restauranteurs would love this. And that it wouldn't end there(it hasn't) That's why I've kept my base line at 10% and I always will.

Back to the clubs, I tip very well there. I always get good service. And, I've helped get more than 1 person a job that pays better in tips then where they were.

See, if you do well someone important may notice. That person may help you make a contact. And from there, you may end up owning your own business too. I did.
>>
>>542427454
mah man got rejected a lot in highschool
>>
File: myactualfacewhen.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
myactualfacewhen.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>542430589
It's great to live in a country where we're never expected to land our shits inside the toilets, because the janitors are actually paid fairly.

>American
>Last year
>have relatives in Australia
>visit them in brisbane
>go on "road trip" with rental shitbox they call a car
>drive from brisbane to sydney
>shitwasgayashellbecuzaussielandfuckingsucksdidntevenseeakangaroo.webm
>stop in town after town, dining at restaurants and before leaving taking massive shits all over every clean spot of the bathrooms
>never go back to the same bathroom twice
>very pleasant shits
>didnt bother to tell anyone about the mess
>janitorial work is for suckers
>fly back to USA
>post about it on 4chan
>mfw I actually take shits on the toilet at home, and don't have to bother cleaning up after myself because just flushing is sufficient.
>>
>>542431002
Assumptions buddy. I don't work in food service, I just have this thing called empathy. You should look it up.
>>
File: Mark.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mark.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>542431364
>>
In Switzerland, going to a restaurant and ordering a hamburger, fries and a coke costs $68 dollars.

Sure, they don't expect a tip because they are paid a living wage. But Americans will not go out to eat if doing so costs that much. Your social movement isn't going to do anything but destroy an industry and put millions of people out of work.
>>
>>542431738
The swiss are rich as fuck, those prices don't mean jack
>>
>>542431738
>trying to argue with socialists
aren't you aware that is impossible? They literally have a birth defect that causes them to think that certain way.
>>
>>542430589
I posted this: >>542430649
Obviously I'm all for tipping. But that's in this country. The way it's set up, servers (and sometimes all of the workers at the restaurant if they pool tips, from server to hostess to dish washer) suffer if you don't tip. If it's just one person stiffing them, it's not such a big deal at the end of the day, especially when they pool. But if several customers don't tip, and they don't pool? They're going home with a lot less money that day. It's a hard, demanding job, where you have to deal with hungry people who turn into assholes when their stomach is empty (me), and those that are assholes all the time.

Having traveled to Japan, where tipping doesn't ever happen, the service was actually better. It was awesome. I'm all for paying people what they deserve to get paid. But the minimum wage laws need to change in the US before that happens here, and I don't see that happening. So I'll happily tip away! I usually do 25~30%, because if it's only me eating, it works out to an extra dollar or two (compared to the more standard 15~20%), but I like to think the server is happy when they see I tipped significantly higher than is standard. If it makes their day a little better, I'll gladly pay the extra dollar. I make decent money (nothing spectacular in the professional world, but pretty good compared to blue-collar entry-level shit), so it's not a big impact to me. But if I made less money, I'd eat out less. I wouldn't complain about tipping being expensive.
>>
this also means stopping the tipping in little restaurants which aren't owned by big corporations, but rather is a small business. most small business restaurants don't succeed, so having them pay their employees more because of no tips might make them lose their restaurant along with their waiters losing their jobs. the only person who doesn't tip is a jew
>>
>>542422809
if i dont tip they will probably spit in my food or something next time
>>
File: meltingsoccer.gif (1MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
meltingsoccer.gif
1MB, 250x141px
>>542422809
>thinking this will work
Seriously, the only thing this does is make sure some poor sap leaves without proper pay and does shit all to stop the fucked mess that is tipping.
>>
If you don't tip then the restaurant has to pay into the servers wages until they meet the minimum wage.

It's a minimum wage job so fuck em let them make minimum wage.
>>
In the United States there is no incentive for anyone to change the current tipping system. Employers are able to pay low wages because of tips. Employees make a higher wage than they would without tips. Also, people who don't tip are generally thought of as trash, and if they frequent the same establishment or use the same delivery service long enough their service will "suffer." Tomorrow service industry workers (including myself) will go to work and make somewhere between 15 and 20 dollars an hour thanks to tips. Nothing is going to change just because a bunch of children on the internet want to be stingy.
>>
>>542431951
This anon fucking gets it.
>>
>>542424263
That's why the markup on food at a rstaraunt is so high. To pay wages.

I can buy a steak at Wal Mart for $10, or get one at a restaraunt for $15+.

WHat do you think that difference is for? It sure as hell isn't because Applebees is buying premium steaks.
>>
>>542434721
Meant to quote>>542424768
>>
>>542434721
are you clinically retarded?
>>
snuffers is god damn delicious. I stop at the one in Rockwall everytime I go to Tawakoni
>>
>>542435082
That's a nice argument you have their. Let me ignore your name calling because you obviously don't have any facts to back up your claim.
>>
>>542436153
>their
So yes? That's what I thought.
>>
>>542423753
yea but thats a felony and my credit card company will have you arrested and you be in jail, nigger
>>
>>542436367
Name calling and grammar callouts. You must be a waiter.

Must be fun catering to people that can afford to go out to eat and pay your shitty salary.
>>
>>542436845
I'm not a waiter. I was just awestruck at the fact that you thought the reason why a steak was more at a restaurant was because it already included the server's wage.
>>
>>542434721
the mark up is to pay the cooks, not the waiters. idiot. the mark up on your softdrinks/beverages is typically where they draw the cost for the 2.13 they pay the servers.
>>
I have seriously not a heard a good argument for not tipping in any of these threads.

>hurr durr entitlement
>hurr durr it's a gratuity

If you don't understand how restaurant dining works, eat at McDonalds. They don't expect you to tip.
>>
Except hooters.

Where they make you claim ( like most restaurants) 30% of your food sales whether people tipped or not.

For you stupid fucks that think waiting tables is the equivalent of "beggars" go to fucking hell you stupid fuck.

Also those whose parents pay your fucking college tuition, or someone else is paying your way and haven't ever had to work a shit job because everything's been handed to you..

Good for you, but go fuck yourself for looking down on people who have to work their way through college..school...or to fucking eat...and don't have that luxury.
>>
>>542438718

haha umad poorfag

somad
>>
>>542437653
I'm not legally obligated to pay a tip. That's the only reason anyone needs.
>>
No, not mad...

I just think people are ignorant...

Tip if you want, don't tip if you don't..

BUT to have your mom and dad pay your way through life then look down on people for actually earning a living themselves...

Go fuck your self.
>>
>>542437635
This guy gets it.
>>
>>542425849
you are a hilarious flaming moron
>>
File: 1366647628324.jpg (62KB, 576x835px) Image search: [Google]
1366647628324.jpg
62KB, 576x835px
What a great plan, OP: Sticking it to restaurant owners by punishing the staff.
Absolutely brilliant! I'm sure restaurant owners will cave immediately, and this will in no way fuck over people who FUCKING DEPEND ON TIPS FOR THEIR SALARY!

There is no word for how much of a faggot you are.
>>
>>542440968
I can afford to tip when I go out, I just choose not to as I live in a country where waiters and waitresses are paid enough that they don't need tips, if they do get tips its usually a special occasion or those waiter/waitresses were doing an excellent job.
>>
>>542422809

Faggot!

They make waaay more than minimum wage through tips. If you can put up with the terrible shitness of serving ungrateful assholes food it's not a bad entry level job.
>>
>>542440968

Fuck you faggot.

1. If you don't tip then the restaurant is legally obligated to make up for the servers wages up to minimum wage.

2. Fuck you faggot.

3. Fuck poor fags who work shitty jobs and think the rest of us should bend over backwards to provide for them.

4. Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>542440968
>That image
In the three restaurants I've worked in, our servers always got paid at least minimum wage.
>>
>Greenville Snuffers
>Not going to god tier Preston Center Snuffers
>Not saying fuck it and just going to Hopdoddy or that gyro place.

Get the fuck out.
>>
I'm a server/bartender. Business owners don't give two shits what you tip us. If you tip or if you don't tip, the only people it matters to are the servers/bartenders and their families. Its really shitty to work for 15 hours straight and only make $50. Any hourly wages are taken out of checks for taxes.All server checks say VOID and many of them end up owing money come tax time because the money taken out of checks isn't enough to cover the taxes. If you want to only pay for food, go buy your own and cook it your damn self, or go eat fast food. If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat.
>>
File: 1348366579038.gif (496KB, 248x244px) Image search: [Google]
1348366579038.gif
496KB, 248x244px
>>542441398
You obviously have never worked at a restaurant, and therefore probably don't know how hard work it really is.

Just so you know: When you go out to restaurants regularly and don't tip, we remember that who you are. And spit in your food.

Have a nice day. :)
>>
>>542442425
I don't mind having spit in my food, considering it likely consists mostly of charred animal carcass anyway. I can get over it. Have a nice day still making less than minimum wage, though.
>>
Step 1. Everyone stops going out to eat.
Step 2. Restaurants close up.
Step 3. Servers die off because they are too stupid to do anything other than bring people food.
?????
FUCK YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>542442689
This, having spit in your food is not really any worse than if someone ran up to you and planted a kiss right on your lips. Kind icky, yeah, but whatever.
>>
>>542442425

Just so you know: If you spit in my food I'm going to wait for you to get off work and beat the living fuck out of you and run over your legs with my 370z so you have to crawl around on a dirty floor to deliver food to people because you can't afford to take off work you poor piece of shit.
>>
>>542442369
>Its really shitty to work for 15 hours straight and only make $50

Get a different job then you mongoloid
>>
File: 1361465745806.gif (560KB, 325x380px) Image search: [Google]
1361465745806.gif
560KB, 325x380px
>>542442689
Next time you get a cold after eating at your favorite restaurant, think of me <3
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 125x123px
Only fucking kikes don't tip. Although your probably trolling, ill bite anyway. If service is good, and they keep my glass full (I drink a lot of diet coke like 4-6 glasses) then they get 15-20% unless they really really suck, I ALWAYS TIP. If you don't, then fuck you and your "not my fault you picked a shitty fucking job, and are not an over entitled prick piece of fucking shit like myself mentality." 2/10 for making me reply.
>>
These threads are the reason I come to 4chan every now and then, reminds me that I'll never be a piece of shit like most of you fucks. Feelsgoodman.
>>
File: 1368696660521.gif (108KB, 450x404px) Image search: [Google]
1368696660521.gif
108KB, 450x404px
>>542422809
Tips like a nigger, pretends to be white.

shitpost
>>
If you fuckers can't afford to tip, you have no business going out to eat. STAY THE FUCK HOME!
>>
>>542443247
I don't get colds because I wash my hands often and am not an immunocompromised child.
>>
>>542443257
>(I drink a lot of diet coke like 4-6 glasses)
Hows diabetes treating you?
>>
Don't like making shit for wages, get a useful skill.
>>
>>542425106
I'd sell your card the same night. You ain't nobody special faggot.
>>
>>542443139
Haha. I'm a bartender. I put up with shitheads and rubes all night.There's nothing I would love more than some shit ass customer waiting for me after work. Especially some kid from the internet
>>
>>542443371

If you fuckers can't get a job that pays more than 2.53 an hour, you have no business complaining about anything.
>>
>>542424876
Poor piece of shit. Everyday I wake up not a NEET piece of shit like you, is another good day.
>>
>>542443523
oh, get a useful skill? just et a useful skill? I'll drop by my local skill shop and pick up a useful one, its that fucking easy!
>>
>>
>>542440327
fag
>>
File: 1348081554997.jpg (56KB, 600x524px) Image search: [Google]
1348081554997.jpg
56KB, 600x524px
>>542443139
Okay, internet toughguy.
And no, you're not going to stand around and wait hours just to exact your vengeance. The funny thing is I've had people threaten me like that when I HADN'T spit in their food. I have yet to actually get out of work and find some chucklefuck knuckledragger standing outside the door waiting to beat my ass, and I doubt you'd be the one to do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 125x114px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 125x114px
>>542443436
I'm in good shape and diet coke is my vice, like the taste better than regular coke. No diabetes here. Kthxbai
>>
>>542443695
you're also just some kid from the internet.
>>
>>542443807
Go to a trade school. Be a mechanic or a plumber or an electrician
>>
>>542443807
It really is. Every state has a a useful skill shop. it's called college. You should try visiting one some time.
>>
>>542443737
Not everybody can be a doctor/lawyer/engineer faggot. You probably live off of mommy and daddy, fucking queer.
>>
>>542443867

I may be just an internet toughguy but at least i don't serve people food like a worthless slave bitch.

>check
>mate
>>
>>542444046
That's not an option for me because I'm a lazy entitled whiner.
>>
>>542443985
Fair enough. I'd still love to have some customer waiting for me
>>
>>542444141
Warehouse jobs easily start at $10 an hour. Hell, my first job I was making $7.60/hr and min wage is $7.25.
>>
>>542443695
[]told
[x]toldasourusrex
>>
>>542422809
Because paying $5 more for a meal from a nice restaurant is totally oppressing servers.

>being this retarded
>>
>>542444337
Is that including tips? How do they work tipping at a "warehouse"?
>>
>>542422809
Then the prices will get higher., less people go to the restaurant; another restaurant will just take over the empty space and make rules that have more sway in the industry. They got us by the balls.
>>
>>542443436
>focusing on how many soda anon drinks.
can't think of a counter argument can ya?
>>
>>542444624
Not sure if retard or from some shit tier country, either way not going to argue over how stupid your comment was.
>>
>implying $7.60/hr is a livable wage
GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
You're a fucking retard.

If they get a good tip, it's because they deserve it. Shitty servers get shitty tips. That's how it works.
>>
I printed up fake 20$ (obviously fake but real enough to look real from a distance) and I leave them as tips.
>>
>>542442425
Hah, I'm running his shit under my balls. We had a chef that would put their steaks in his underwear for 5 minutes or so.
>>
>>542444882

Oh you're one of those fucks. Need 50$ an hour to survive right?

Fucking entitled faggot.

7.60$ an hour is more than livable and if not then that's what second jobs are for.
>>
>>542444225
You're trying too hard. Don't strain yourself.
>>
File: 1397269692321.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1397269692321.gif
2MB, 350x350px
I've never tipped and no consequences.
>>
>>542443139
You aren't going to do shit you cowardly little queer. Your passive aggressive tip behavior proves that. You're not even going to know they did it. We;ve done a lot more foul shit than spit in food, and you faggots never know it.
>>
>>542444882
Not what I was implying. I said my FIRST job, implying I was 16. If I can start my first job at higher than min wage and then 5 months later jump to $10 an hour in a warehouse position then anybody can do it. People who claim there are no jobs are missing chromosomes or have a shitty degree such as music.
>>
>>542445189
who the fuck is going to work for 7.60 when they can easily make 15-20 tending bar or even delivering fucking pizzas?
>>
>>542442425
If on average on only half the people you serve in a day paid a tip under 3 dollars, wouldn't that make up for lousy wages thus being why they can get away with it?
>>
>>542444869
lol you're the fucking retard. if you don't know how tipping works, fucking kill yourself.
A server can take home $500 dollars a shift if business is good. Its more than running food to tables you entitled pretentious piece of shit.
>>
Most people don't know that you can request to order through a manager rather than a waitress. It kind of intentionally cuts the "tipping" issue.
>>
>>542445454

And here's the real issue. You faggots want to make 20$ an hour doing menial labor. You know you're only worth min wage but you cry when people suggest you actually get paid what you're worth.
>>
>>542445454
Implying pizza delivery guys make $15-$20 an hour. Pizza delivery can be easily shittier than working as a server in a restaurant. You drive your own car to places that often dont tip. So youre wasting your time, gas, and putting miles on your car for only the cost of a delivery.
>>
>>542445829
that's the way the world is jack. a coal miner probably "deserves" to make more than some guy on wall st. Pro athletes probably don't "deserve" their salaries, but that's how it shakes out. Sorry buddy
>>
why the fuck would you work for a restaurant? The servers, hosts, and bussers all scavenge money off of people that just want to eat. what the fuck is with the spite too? spitting? hosts double and triple seating? calm the fuck down
>>
>>542446106
It is all relative
>>
I remember my time as a waiter.
It was fun making only a $2.13/hr wage, the joys of the many times I would have a >$5 pay check for 30 hours of work a week.

Oh and the absolute disdain I felt for people who didnt tip.
>>
>>542445865
incorrect. I delivered for quite some time. the store paid us an inside rate while in store (minimum wage) and a lower rate on deliveries. This averaged out to around $5 an hour. They also pay a mileage fee for every delivery of $1.50. The average delivery usually comes out to around $5 (some more, some less, but that's the average.) So to make $15 an hour one only has to make 2 deliveries per hour. This is not difficult
>>
>>542425791
If someone fucked with my food I would probably shit in their car.
>>
>>542426426
Tell me then
>>
>>542427707
LOL I bet most restaurants would fire the servers ass and seat you right away
>>
>>542447057
Yeah, I get free meals and gift cards any time I complain about it taking a long time. If some kid refused to seat me, the manager would be licking my taint.
>>
>>542446427
Because in some areas it's the only that you can make enough money to live on your own and go to school at the same time and not have to worry too much about school/work scheduling conflicts.
>>
I used to order pizza from this certain place in town all the time.

I usually tip a little. Maybe a couple bucks whatever. Well one time I didn't tip at all.

Then a week later I ordered food and the same guy from a week earlier delivered. I watched as he opened the pizza box in his car and spit on it.

So I waited and when he knocked on the door and opened the door and busted his fucking mouth. I hit him so hard he flew down the stairs into the yard.

So he was pretty dazed and I grabbed the hot ass pizza and shoved it in his face. Told him if I ever saw him again I'd fucking kill him.

Last I heard he moved out of state.
>>
Tipping is a scam so that large franchises can lower they're prices to remove local competition.
>>
>>542446705
Like I said you faggots never know it. If you douchebags had any idea how much snot, jizz, dickcheese and shit you've eaten... lol. Fuck man you should have a talk with some of the kids at fastfood places where you eat, who just have fun with you because of when you and your bros clown while in the drive thru.
>>
>mfw I live in Australia
>get payed $23 an hour bartending
>get around $700 a week before tax
>live in a fucking swanky $350 a week 3 bedroom apartment with my workmates
>looking for a home to buy
>couldn't care less about tips
>brother is a waiter
>$19 an hour
>can't remember ever getting a tip
>doesn't care
>owns his own home

Enjoy your worthless economy, Amerifags.
>>
>>542447391
no you didn't
>>
>Go to restaurant
>eat like a king
>don't tip
>return to same restaurant frequently
>waiters do gross shit to your food
>find hair in food
>accuse waiter
>free coupon for free food
>profit
>>
File: 1393303922534.jpg (50KB, 639x640px) Image search: [Google]
1393303922534.jpg
50KB, 639x640px
If you're all seriously bitching about paying an extra couple bucks for a tip then I think we all know who the real poorfags are here.
>>
>>542446521
Now Im a Jimmy Johns driver. I make $7.50/hr and I keep my tips, however they don't pay me mileage. I stil make the same amount of tip money that I did as a server plus the real paycheck I get. I can live on a drivers wage, while I'm in college anyways (off campus).
>>
File: 1377844282372.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1377844282372.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>20% tip is included in price
>>
>>542447391
>Ctrl+V
Nice
>>
>>542447549

this
>>
>>542422809
if the employee is good, he/she will receive a decent tip/commission.

stfu with your occupy wallstreet anti capitalist shit
>>
>>542447391
and then you woke up crying, and mommy said don't worry babby, it will all be okay.
>>
>>542426515
no offense dude, but I actually look at my online bill and remember how much I pay.
Not to mention your boss will see you overcharged someone, and will have their fucking recipt.
>>
>>542447595
>implying people with money stay that way if they spend it frivolously
Knowing how to manage your money is the best way to make the most of it, and tips just aren't worth it unless you decide to take pity upon the server.

Stop posting
>>
>>542447530
>Implying I'm a fat ass who eat any fastfood.
And If I so its shit like Chicken Nuggets cuz I'm 12
>>
I tip 15% if they are pleasant.
>no shitty small talk
>they come once for drinks, once to order food
>come back halfway through meal and check our drinks
>bring check in a timely manner

If they do this, I tip 15% because I am not poor or cheap.
>>
>>542422809
You'll just cheat wait staff of money they need to live.

If you really care about wages, you would do something on a legislative level.

That's what restaurants did in order to pay such shit wages (less than minimum even).

/thread
>>
>>542422809
>By not tipping food servers we can force business owners to pay them a decent fucking wage
doing something that has no effect on a business' owner always effect change.
being this fucking naive.
>>
If the waitress is shit she doesn't get a tip. End of story. The tip is for doing a good job not manditory.
>>
>>542447595
>extra couple bucks for a tip
a couple would be fine. But some want 15-20%+ Which is fucking crazy. Some waiters get paid in TIPS hell of a lot more then I did working my ass off at a factory over the summer
>>
A friendly reminder to every unskilled worker in this thread bitching about not making minimum wage and living off tips:
IF YOU MAKE LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE AFTER FACTORING IN TIPS, YOUR EMPLOYER IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE SO YOU MAKE AT LEAST MINIMUM WAGE.

This means you will always, ALWAYS at least make minimum wage for walking food from the kitchen to a table and having conversations.
Enjoy your shit unskilled job. It's nothing to retire on, you shouldn't expect to make any decent wage off unskilled labor.
>>
Fuck servers. Why would I pay someone beneath me extra money?

I don't tip the bag boy at the grocery store. I don't tip janitors. I don't tip Mexicans who pick the vegetables I eat. Why should I tip you worthless fags?
>>
ITT: kikes and niggers try to justify their cheap jewery.
>>
File: 1391568440288.jpg (197KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
1391568440288.jpg
197KB, 1360x768px
>>542447994
What if I told you that you could manage your money and afford to spend an extra $5 a week to tip? Because if you're managing your money wisely then you're obviously not eating out more than once a week because tips or not eating out is too fucking expensive.

Can I afford that $25 a month? Yes. Why? because I already factor that in to my restaurant bill and can afford to spend it because I don't have a shitty job. If $25 a month agitates your asshole that much then you're obviously either poor or Jewish to an extreme.
>>
>>542448338
Who the fuck is talking about minimum wage? We expect to make a decent wage of unskilled labor because WE ALREADY DO. And no amount of juvenile asshatery on the internet is going to change that.
>>
>>542425849
where i live people never tip. no where in the country anywhere at all ever never never.

a burger + fries is 10$ at most 12$ for a large fries and you get the soda too.

salad and soup don't go together retard.
>>
>>542448534
because you're a worthless jew.
it's ok to be proud of being inferior, it makes you just that much more pathetic.
>>
File: 1394542432112.jpg (203KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1394542432112.jpg
203KB, 1000x1000px
>>542422809
>I am too good for tipping
>why tip someone for doing their job lol
>I already paid for food why pay for service
Don't be an asshole. A few extra dollars could help that waiter pay their rent and have food. Just tip something and shut the fuck up.
>>
itt poor people
itt jews
>>
>>542448981
>>542448304
>>
>live in Japan
>fucking bell at your table when you want service
>no tipping
>people are humble in having any job

Dont like being a waitress or waiter ? Go to night school, take a loan out and go to college.

Have kids ? Shouldnt have got knocked up or knocked up some chick before establishing a master plan for a better job than min wage.
>>
>>542448981
>why pay for service
because it's a service being provided.
>>
>>542448823
You clearly don't get it, and I'm not going to indulge you any further. I can tell by your anime pictures that you're retarded and should be banned from ever having an opinion.
>>
>>542448304
some people are billionaires. by your logic, everyone is a billionaire.
>>
>>542448981
Servers confirmed as the only paid job that asks for charity along with normal wages.

>>542448849
So you're going to serve your entire life? Gonna set aside a good chunk of money given to you by other people?
>>
>>542449125
I will add to this as well, there is a lot of time wasted when a waitress or waiter comes to your table and ask for if everything is alright. Just get a bell and when you want something , ring it. Also it annoys the fuck out of me when im mid convo and a waitress or waiter interrupt me.
>>
File: 1392099879154.png (303KB, 588x720px) Image search: [Google]
1392099879154.png
303KB, 588x720px
>>542448304
If the fuckers want 15-20% I'll pay that. I don't eat out a lot because shit's expensive regardless. But if my friends want to hit up some shitty bar food or my girl wants to go out to dinner I'll pay that shit because I'm not a poorfag. An extra $5-$10 isn't gonna break my bank or my budget.
>>
>>542442859
>>542443523
>>542444225
you faggot s don't even realize that most servers ARE learning more valuable skills than just delivering food. most servers/bartenders are college students who are working so that they aren't buried under mountains of student debt or simply so they can eat better than ramen noodles (dat employee discount).

On top of the professional skills they are learning in school, they are also more socially adept than all you neckbeards. Which means better job interviews, which means higher starting salaries.

tl;dr: servers are capable of more than just delivering food
>>
File: aintevenlaugh.jpg (85KB, 635x697px) Image search: [Google]
aintevenlaugh.jpg
85KB, 635x697px
>>542422809
I at least leave 15%
>>
>>542449618
Plus it shows that you're generous which women like
>>
>>542422809
derp, that is how the law is written, if they don't make at least min wage after tips the owner has to make up the difference.
>>
>>542447893
I LOLLED
>>542430413
I LOLLED HARDER AT THIS
>>
File: 1391402070416.png (256KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1391402070416.png
256KB, 600x600px
>>542449234
>giving shit for anime pictures
>on 4chan

Dumb nigger detected.
>>
no one is forcing anoyne to tip. if you don't want to tip the person who was gracious enough to take your order, deliver it and keep your drink full for 3 time less than minimum wage you're buy groceries and cook for yourself since you obviously can't afford to eat out.
>>
>>542449389
And by some people I mean waiters who work at cheap places. Chilies and AppleBees
They do the fallowing
Take drink order
2bring drinks and take food order
2 bring foods
2 refill drink
bring check

how the fuck is that worth $7.50-10+
>>
>>542449410
I don't know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life, but for right now tending bar pays the bills. Perhaps one day I'll put my college degree to use. I paid my way through school off tips.
>>
>>542431639
>>542431364
>>542430589
samefagging hard
>>
>>542447893
There is no way your boss will know that you overcharged someone with the current POS system in 99% of restaurants.
>server for 10 years
>>
>>542449926
ask the company that sets the prices.
if you can't afford it, stay the fuck home you fucking poorfag.
>>
I did quit tipping at buffets. Those fuckers aren't getting money to bring my drinks to me. They could just give me a cup and let me get my own drinks too.

What jerk off thought it was a good idea to try to get tips at a fucking buffet?
>>
Just be a host like me. Be 19, tell hot girls where to seat, make 13 dollars an hour, get half off at a steakhouse and any of the chains restaurants. PROFIT?????
>>
>>542449451
then eat at your house. problem solved.
>>
File: 1386219831254.gif (350KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1386219831254.gif
350KB, 500x344px
>>542450535
>make 13 dollars an hour
>PROFIT
this is what hourly employees actually believe
>>
File: Naples-Bait-and-Tackle.jpg (252KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Naples-Bait-and-Tackle.jpg
252KB, 1024x768px
this is some sad ass bait.
>>
>>542450921
Being in high school, how much did you make? Oh and to sit on my ass and mark X's on a board. I'd classify that as profit.
>>
>>542450389
Yeah, your boss won't notice it. They will notice it when Visa keeps rescinding funds of a particular server because guests keep saying they were overcharged. It won't take many complaints for people to catch on. Everybody checks their fucking bank accounts online religiously. Ask any manager how often they get calls because debit cards will sometimes put a temporary hold on a card that is ran at a restaurant above the amount of the tip. It will go away in a few hours, but people notice that shit immediately and flip out.
>>
>>542449618
and this faggots, this is how human beings conduct themselves.
>>
>>542450435
Then why do people get up in arms when taxes go up? By that means we should just tell everyone to stop being a poor fag.

I say fuck % and pay how long I am there 1-2 for every person for every half-hour.
>>
bravo to you, OP, genuinely excellent cause
>>
File: 1funny-gif.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
1funny-gif.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>542422809

I tip 15-20% regularly. Good service gets more and I always thank and tip the Breakfast waitress even more.

Think of all of the tips that go unreported and aren't taxed like wages are. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>542445829
kek
>>
File: thumbs-down7.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-down7.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>542427724

Restaurant switches to cafeteria style to avoid paying wait staff. They all lose their jobs. Good Job faggot.
>>
>>542451160
that's why you don't act like a fucking idiot about it and only do it when you know you can't get caught. faggot.
>hurr durr you're wrong you're gonna get caught
>hurr durr i have no idea that i'm getting anally raped by pretty much everyone i interact with
>but i check muh bank account online!!!

fucking dumbass.
>>
I work as a server and you work for tips, you learn the people that always tip and you give them better service. I had such a great table and they gave me 40 dollars as a tip in the beginning because they loved my attitude, I gave them employee discount because they were nice people.
I go to hooters and see that girls there get money for shit service and not good food and people waisting 40+ for a girl that doesn't pay attention to any of those people.
I don't see what's wrong with giving a server for Great service 5 dollars. If he/she is shit well don't leave anything. I thought this would be a simple thing.
>>
>>542452029
yeah because nothing impresses a woman more than taking her to a fucking cafeteria.
>>
you want real activism, start tipping at the drive through. Don't know how many times I've been blown off INSIDE the restaurant so people outside could get out of there
>>
My rule is 10% at restaurants without alcobol
20% at restaurants with alcohol so I can get better drinks.
30% at bars for stiffer drinks and faster service
>>
>>542424603
you're good people
>>
>>542440968
the only bullshit here is the gratuity system. hurr lets pay our staff nothing so we can make tons of cash for free
>>
>>542438718
so angry, maybe get a better job you poor sucker
>>
>>542452357
>I don't see what's wrong with giving a server for Great service 5 dollars. If he/she is shit well don't leave anything. I thought this would be a simple thing.
Im ok with 5

Do you think it should be by %? or just how much you had to do.
>>
File: 1362254232950.png (343KB, 430x364px) Image search: [Google]
1362254232950.png
343KB, 430x364px
>>542433787
>>542431951

There should not be a minimum wage at all. the Government has no place in negotiations between two people for work. If $10 is good why isn't $50 better?

Of course people we'll say no a balance is needed, That balance comes from the employee and employer not from the government. Good workers get paid more not 'minimum'
>>
No one would work in restaurants if they only ended up with $7.25-9 an hour. It is grueling work that requires better than average physical fitness. Lifting, running, standing on your feet for many hours. Most people on this site can't masturbate for 40 minutes without getting arm cramps. The way people treat you combined with the physical labor and fast paced work would dissuade anyone in a first world country. I'd just go work at a retail or grocery store like some brain dead fuck if I wanted minimum wage.
>>
>>542452695
The 15% rule does not exist, it is now illegal and you can get in serious trouble for adding gratuity
>>
>>542452879
what about other kinds of regulation? should there be health inspections in these restaurants?
>>
>>542452862
It should be if the server is good and is always helping you and like that and there is no limit to what you want to give but if you give a great sever at least 5 it's ok
>>
>>542424876
The fact that the waitress bitched at you infuriates me. I'd ask to see her boss and ask him/her to explain why it's appropriate for his/her employee to cast judgments upon you for your choice of not tipping on a $2 meal. If I didn't feeling like dealing with all that, I would tell her "OK, I'll give you a very generous 20% tip, here have 40 cents you cunt." For fucks sake, you spent $2 and probably didn't require her to do much work at all besides carry food to you.
>>
>>542452946
>No one would work in restaurants if they only ended up with $7.25-9 an hour.
If that's true then restaurants would change, close, or raise the pay. In practice, they'd pay more as changing the business is risky as fuck.
>>
File: sad2.jpg (14KB, 490x482px) Image search: [Google]
sad2.jpg
14KB, 490x482px
>>542447549

My best friend is an Australian living here in the States. he always buys me lunch when we go out because it's so cheap compared to Oz. He moved here because he doesn't want to be down under when the Muslims from Indonesia take over the place.
>>
>>542422809
>#waitressisdyel

What the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>542452946
you live in a fantasy world mate. they'd just hire shitty teens and some Ecuadorians.
>>
>>542452370

if you have to impress a woman with food you're in trouble. The point is ultimately the employees will get screwed, like all of the people who had their hours dropped to get them below 30 hours a week so their employer won't have to pay for Obamacare.
>>
>>542443790
>what is projection
>>
>>542452946
>implying walking and standing needs better than average fitness
>implying working as a waiter is really that different from working in a store
>>
File: _0who.jpg (31KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
_0who.jpg
31KB, 520x390px
They will spit in our food.
>>
>>542444337
lol $7.60/hr

>server
>make over $300 in 4 hrs

u mad?
>>
>>542427710
They will when employees quit and explain why.
>>
>>542422809

I remember you you fedora wearing faggot. You really think I give a shit that you didn't tip just because I wasn't interested in you? Fat neckbeard faggot. I made about $315+ in a 6 hour shift that day. Why don't you try showering for the first time in your life, maybe you'll actually get laid and come out of the basement.

-Melissa, Your friendly Snuffer's Waitress
>>
File: chile74.png (503KB, 842x642px) Image search: [Google]
chile74.png
503KB, 842x642px
>>542453308

don't change the subject. We're only talking wages. & just like there shouldn't be a maximum wage there shouldn't be a minimum one. If the employer won't pay you enough don't work there, or better work harder & get a raise ( I got a $3,000 raise just today actually.
>>
It's pretty hilarious that the defense of tipping relies on the argument that without it prices would skyrocket - something proven absolutely false by restaurants everywhere outside America where tipping isn't a thing.

Now think about it - if they were really living on the line between being able to afford food or not, wouldn't wait staff also want to see tipping replaced by salaries? They want to keep tipping because they essentially get an outrageously oversized bonus on a nightly basis.

Mind you, I don't really care either way. The only time I really have a problem with tipping is those staff who actually expect/demand it.
>>
>>542431951
>But if several customers don't tip, and they don't pool? They're going home with a lot less money that day.
If they're pooling it should be a small percentage only then

>It's a hard, demanding job
so is assembling iphones or making the deaceased look presentable to their families or setting up a drill rig or walking around all day getting bitched out for giving out parking tickets. All these people deserve tips too. Many are well paid for what they do but not nearly enough.

>Japan, where tipping doesn't ever happen
it's built into the price already there

I'm not arguing with you, just pointing things out. Do what you want, but I think for someone who's not making much more than the servers in the first place it's a big expense. I made decent money too half the time and the other half can be hard if the stretch is long enough. I think a lot of people feel that long stretch of bad times, you know.
>>
>>542428628
Let me know how much your surgeon appreciates when your insurance pays them $15 for your life-saving surgery.
>>
>>542454661
Oh, look at that, Chile has slums too.
>>
you poorfags need to step it up a little. I tip the girl when I go pay my parking tickets
>>
>>542454827
sorry disregard that first one. Misread it.
>>
>>542454661
>No significant fossil fuels, just copper
Their copper production is state-run.
>>
>>542422809
>#
Are you fucking kidding me? Is this 9gag?

All you're going to do is fuck up some poor wage slave's day.
>>
>>542454661
Venezuela was in the shitter way before Chavez.
>>
>>542454661
you sound like the type of person who listens to glen beck a lot. Also, I'm not bitching about my wages. I'm ok with what I make tending bar. It's all these stingy kids who've got their panties in a bunch because they don't want to tip. And you're wrong about minimum wage. There was a time when no such thing existed. No safety regulation or child labor laws either. People decided they wanted these things and worked to have them made law. Some socialist deity didn't force them on us
>>
>>542425941
>ALL FOOD SERVERS GET PAID MINIMUM WAGE IF THEIR TIPS DO NOT ADD UP TO IT

Sauce?
>>
File: MjAxMi04MGRkZDUyMTYxNDE1NDAx.png (54KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
MjAxMi04MGRkZDUyMTYxNDE1NDAx.png
54KB, 420x294px
>>542439702
Exactly. If you want me to accommodate the wages of the servers, include that in the bill. And I expect the CEOs to make much less than millions every year.
>>
>>542452274
and just how do you know you wont get caught

>sir do you check your bank account?
>no i dont, why?
>get rekt!

Don't be mad at us for picking this shitty job, you can quit and find a real career path any time you want, you feel entitled to our money when you should turn your eyes on your employer.
If you feel the need to fuck some guy over because he you think your entitled to his money you should probably just sell drugs.
>>
>>542454661
Nice. Now take a look at the politics of the ten or twenty nations with the highest quality of living. A preponderance of economic Socialism, isn't there?

Funny how no minimum wage and no maximum wage would both benefit the rich, isn't it. You got a raise? You don't say.
>>
>>542426991
>Also, this whole, not tipping servers 'movement' will literally just inspire restaurants to add 18%+ gratuity

I thought that's what these people wanted.
>>
>>542455945
my girlfriend works at hooters and told me this multiple times, but she comes home complaining that she only made 180 dollars in a 4 hour work day, servers are brats.
>>
>>542455965
then go prepare, cook, serve, and clean your own 5 course mean.
>you would ever do something for yourself
>im mad
>dishing out 3 dollars is fucking you over
>>
>>542455945
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/wagestips.htm
>>
>>542447559
take it a step further

>sue establishment for mental torment
>get thousands of dollars
>put the pieces of shit who did that to you out of work
>>
>>542456495
I didnt realize the server cooked and cleaned up for me. If your job is cook server and buss boy then i would tip you. If you are just a server you will get nothing unless my girlfriend complains im being rude.
>>
>>542456385
did you ever stop and think that maybe your girlfriend and her coworkers, women who work at a job where they get "paid" solely on the fact that they have tits and are "attractive" are just the pieces of shit, not all servers?

you are so fucking stupid it's unreal. most servers are just trying to get by. most servers are extremely happy with a 10% tip. you're skanky ho of a girlfriend (if she exists) is a vapid piece of shit who took that job for an ego boos.

>fuck
>off
>faggot
>>
>>542456385
Hooters is shit because they don't really pay attention to their customers, but just because they are girls they always get more money than men.
That is the real struggle, getting more money than women is serving industry. No body cares if a guy works because we are supposed to, but a girl starts working and omg she is so independent and I can't believe she is working BULLFUCKING SHIT.
>>
>>542456723
you fucking twit. Your tip does go to the busboy cook and even the bartender if there is one in the restaurant. The tips made get put into a pool and split up by percentage among the rest of the crew.
>stay ignorant
>your girlfriend fucks you for the money
>you are rude
>>
>>542457058
except your tip out is like 3%.
>>
>>542456953
>>542457058
>>542456926

so if you guys got paid 9.45 an hour would you consider yourself entitled to tips?
>>
>>542449178
Then it should already be included in my bill. Or where's the option on my bill to tip the chef? Oh wait.
>>
>>542457294
3% of your total sales, not 3% of your tips.
>>542457442
no.
>>
Warehouse job?

Ever been to a fucking place that didn't have a warehouse?

Or factory's...

Or a fucking retirement...

I'm in school 4 days a week, not including my shit job I work 40 hours a week at because I have to work nights around school.

Not to mention once schools over with they don't even have a market for the occupation here in this shit ass town.

So let me go ahead and go pick up one of these 7-5 "warehouse jobs" so I can NEVER get a better job because I can't go to school.

You stupid fucks that get everything handed to you couldn't survive a fucking day without mommy and daddy's money in the real world.

Working one of these "shit jobs"

Go fuck yourselves you ignorant bastards. Go hit up mommy and daddy for some more of their money so you can be a ignorant sponge the rest of your life.

Eat shit and die you worthless cunt.

Mad? No, I just can't believe how fucking stupid some of you people are.
>>
>>542449926
Don't forget the fact that the waiter/waitress is waiting other tables as well, they aren't waiting on you hand and foot.
>>
>>542457442
no one is entitled. Servers are given more tips because the government deems serving "easy" and therefore a less then adequate living wage. I get paid 7.90 an hour and i cannot except tips. Im not even mad I can't, because at least I get paid minimum wage.
>>542457294
the 3 dollars is a hypothetical, but at least I would be leaving 3%. you would probably love to berate the server and hold their tips for ransom...
>>
>>542457442
If you are getting paid that or even minimum, you shouldn't be working for tips.
But there are still people that will tip you. I get paid 2,25 and there are people that tip more than 15%. It all depends on you as a server. I have made many friends because they like my attitude. I'm happy to say because of my good service my best tip has been 160 of one table.
>>
>>542436807

In most jurisdictions the severity of the charge depends on the amount of money involved; unless the server has stolen >$500 from you it's generally not a felony.
>>
File: 1386399066251.gif (854KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1386399066251.gif
854KB, 352x240px
>>542452357
>>542427724
>>542449926
>>542454214

Alright I think I can settle this.
Group A does not believe that tipping should be mandatory on the basis it's a bullshit concept, which is true.
Group B believes that tipping is necessary to supplementing the income of the servers who are underpaid to make up for tips they would otherwise receive.
No one wants to pay more than what they are currently paying
So here's what we do. We turn food into a religion and force restaurant staff to live a minimalist existence, away from civilization. Here they will master the art of treating you like royalty for almost no money. They will become martyrs to our typically western lack of generosity, they will die and become saints for having fed and cared for us all of these years, never having lived a life themselves.

Everybody's happy.
>>
>>542457772
if it was included in your bill you would just complain and say that the restraunt was stealing your money. Either way your going to bitch. Just continue scapegoating. or admit your cheap as fuck. whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>542454593
Please explain to me how you feel you deserve $50+ per hour while teachers and other educated individuals don't even make that.
>>
>>542458492
man i worked my ass off to get what i paid, why the hell should i just freely give you 25 bucks because my bill was 100+ bucks? Sorry that the food i ordered was expensive.
>>
>>542442859

haha, I'm a PT server and I'm assuredly smarter than you, chief.
>>
>>542458704
are you implying that everyone should be compensated according to how much they "deserve." If that is the case I suggest you start with baseball players and CEO's of failing companies, and worry a little less about Hooters servers
>>
>>542458884
it would be 15 bucks. and you should be sorry. You want to look and eat expensive, you tip expensively. Don't like paying a huge tip, don't eat at a place not in your tax bracket.
>>
>>542458884
The 15% gratuity is NO more. If you don't want to give a tip you don't have to it's as easy as that. Most people don't mind give money if they like the service. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>542422809
Fuck you cheap black muslim sandnigger. Im a bartender and I need to make my 75k a year (mostly in untaxed cash). I cant smoke brick weed thats for niggers and poor people. Fortunately I only pay 150 for medicinal :) jelly eurofags?
>>
File: 1385930928358.png (43KB, 138x136px) Image search: [Google]
1385930928358.png
43KB, 138x136px
>>542458205

>I get paid 7.90 an hour and i cannot except tips
>cannot except tips
>except

lol, please, tell me more, genius
>>
The way I see it, if you are a waiter and complain about people not tipping, get a different job if you are in so much "suffering" because someone didn't tip.
I always tip, but I feel forced to, otherwise if I don't tip just once and go back to the same restaurant they might spit in my food because I didn't give them a few extra bucks.

If you aren't making enough to live off of as a waiter for some reason, then get a new job and stop crying, you can work at McDonald's and get at least minimum wage there.
>>
>>542458492
This
>>
>>542459406
>I cannot beat his logic
>point out his spelling and grammatical mistakes!
or you could stop deflecting and your debating a person who is smoking an dank bowl of cannabis
>inb4 smoking=stupidity
>>
File: 1374740257687.png (666KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1374740257687.png
666KB, 960x540px
>>542459406
>>
>>542459368
guess what, im going to eat at expensive places, dress nicely, and tip when i think someone actually deserves my tip.
>>
>>542459741

I don't think smoking = stupidity.

I do, however, think that not knowing the difference between "you're" and "your" is a marker of stupidity. Stupid.
>>
It's funny. I guarantee 90% of you Tip when you go out. But to look cool on /b/ you say you don't. Don't be a lying cunt!
>>
>>542458492
No, I would actually be fine with that. If the bill basically says "$x of your bill will go to your server," then at least I know they're getting paid.
I'm all for waiters/waitresses to make decent money but there's a point where it becomes a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>542459854
Then enjoy eating someone else spit and probably piss in your drink

You're paying for someone to do something you're lazy fat-ass should do. If you don't tip, that's your choice, but expect to have your food fucked with at that restaurant forever. The waiters usually inform the chefs in the back. Just so you know.
>>
>>542459310
I'm not saying that the restaurants are the only business that's in the wrong. Our whole economical system is skewed.
>>
>>542425339
And you wonder why your pillow case was used to clean the cum off the bathroom floor before your bed was remade with it. Be nice to those that handle your food drink and bedding, I'm sure you have seen waiting. Also dont fuck with the asians in restaurants they are dirtier than you can imagine. I was a lead bartender for 5 years in a place that I can verify that shit happens. Learned some mandarin while I was there and they talk shit aboit you right in front of you if you come off as a cuntwipe
>>
>>542459542
Thanks for contributing to the discussion.
>>
>>542460042
it was except and accept not your and you're. and you are off topic on why you believe not tipping should be justified.
>>
>>542460234
Odd. If I go to a restaurant and receive shit service I'm very unlikely to return in the first place. If I receive good service I will tip and return.
>>
>>542460234
how is my food going be fucked with after Iv eaten it? Does he/ she automatically know i wont tip well?
>implying im fat
>implying im lazy
>implying
>>
>>542460085
then don't tip ridiculously. just give the person 10%. at least you are making an effort.
>>
>>542460624
Implying you'll return to the restaurant, because everyone goes back to a place where they receive shit service. I'm with you bro.
>>
>>542460597
then what the fuck are you arguing for? no shit bad service=bad tip. I swear you people will argue for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>542460240
ok fair enough. But in comparison to those (and many other) examples, wouldn't you agree that what service industry workers make is pretty small potatoes? why not go on the internet and bellyache about that shit instead of whining about how much people make in tips?
>>
>>542460631
I'll give a decent tip if the service earns it. If I'm chewing on my ice because I'm out of my drink, I'm going to give a very small tip if any.
>>
>>542422809
In my country, which happens to be Canada, the minimum wage of "alcohol servers" is only 2 dollars less than the normal minimum wage. And they make a lot more than that on tips.
>>
>>542460808
I'm replying to the fact that you say you get off on fucking with people's orders because they tipped you poorly before. Chances are they'll tip you poorly again since you haven't worked on your people/serving skills.
>>
>>542460973
>and scene
so we both agree people should tip.
>>
>>542460947
Yes, their pay isn't what it should be. However, I feel their wage should be near minimum wage. I've had minimum wage jobs that's required a lot more of me and I did what I had to do to get paid.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.