[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Eddie Guerrero didn't die, would Rey Mysterio have lasted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

If Eddie Guerrero didn't die, would Rey Mysterio have lasted as long as he did? And if so, how long before Mysterio heel run?
>>
If Eddie or Benoit didn't die, they would have eventually ended up in TNA.
>>
>>853733
maybe benoit, eddie nah, he would have stayed with the wwe and become a producer or backstage guy, like malenko and eventually a trainer in NXT.
>>
>>853698
Sadly no. Originally the plan was for the whole story to be about Chavo but Chavo didn't want to do it, so Rey did. Also Rey was never going to go heel, he's one of the biggest merch sellers, second only to Cena.
>>
>>853733
>implying they would have went

The reason TNA even had mild success is because WWE had a couple really bad years at this point. The death of Eddie and especially Benoit really hurt the company as a whole. The steroid scandal due to the murders absolutely REKT the company big time. They had to go through a major change because of this.

Something it seems most so called "wrestling fans" on 4chan like to conveniently forget about. They also lost Hardy, Angle and RVD because of drugs as well as not allowing head shots with weapons FYI. Modern wrestling is basically a cucked sissified version of wrestling before the deaths of these two.

To put it simply, wrestling fans were open to an alternative TNA (for awhile) because WWE was getting shit at this point. Luckily for WWE the Carters are bigger retards then the people who ran WCW.
>>
Rey's career would be the same just without the first world title reign. Because merchandise.
>>853733
Eddie was in the middle of a world title push when he died. He'd put on one good ppv match challenging Batista and very well could've ended up beating him through shenanigans in a rematch, when you consider how directionless Batista's world title reign went until he got injured. Also he was on Raw at the time as Shawn Michaels who had that forced, rushed feud with Vince going into Mania. that feud was probably meant for Eddie, which could've explained Rey beating Shawn on Eddie's memorial show. WWE showed ALOT of appreciation and value for Eddie in his last couple of years, even if he wasn't their idea of a top guy. He'd likely be like Jericho or Kane these days. A future HOF'er who gets perma-midcarded and occasionally main events.
Benoit, on the other hand I'm not sure of. I think He'd either end up in TNA the same way Angle did or he'd be training people in NXT.
>>
>>853756
>Chavo didn't wanna do it.
I think it's more that Chavo couldn't get as over. Chavo might've went on to beat Orton, but I don't see Vince letting him win the rumble and the title.
>>
>>853762
They liked Eddie a lot because the dude had so much charisma. I would argue he was top 3 at the time in this regard at least. I'm positive he would have beat Batista as well. I remember them even saying he was supposed to win I think on the memorial show.

Don't know why you think Benoit would have went to TNA. No way that would have happened and Kurt likely wouldn't have left for TNA either. See >>853758

With the death of these two came massive changes.
>>
>>853698
Rey would still be in the WWE if he weren't so injury prone. Kids love him, and he sold tons of merchandise. He was also a solid worker.
>>
>>853768
Rey Mysterio wanted to leave WWE, not the other way around.
>>
Wasn't the original idea for WM22 to be HBK vs Eddie?
>>
>>855724
that was the rumor, since they never had a proper match and they were friendly with each other. 2 texas GOATS would have been a good feud.
>>
>>853698
>Mysterio heel run
How would that even work? Is the idea that he could have had a weasel gimmick, giving up on trying to come through as the underdog and cheating like crazy? I can't help but feel that the fans would just sympathise with him anyway.
>>
>>857250

It wouldn't.

You can do a good heel run as a smaller guy (shit, even Spike Dudley managed to be a decent heel at one point) but you need a lot of things in your favour to pull it off. Rey would've needed to lose everything that made him in for it to work and it still likely wouldn't have drawn as much as face Rey.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.