[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I try to learn about different martial arts, their histories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (17KB, 646x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 646x646px
So I try to learn about different martial arts, their histories and unique characteristics, etc.

But one I know nothing about is Hapkido. What is the difference between it and Japanese jujitsu? Where does it fit in the pantheon of Korean martial arts? Do they have weapons training?
>>
>>832627
supposedly the founder studied daito ryu. The problem with this claim is that his name is not listed in the schools records, and the founder of Daito ryu, Takeda Sokaku was obsessive about keeping records of who studied with him. So the claim could very well be false
>>
>>832627
It's shitty aikido combined with shitty TKD.

As with everything korean the standard MO is to rip off something from Japan then claim it's an ancient korean tradation.
>>
>>832707

Considering Japanese attitude to Koreans, isn't it unlikely anyway?
>>
Basically a korean goes to japan to work as a butler/manservant of a daito ryu master. Steals some techniques from watching people practice. Goes home to korea and inflates his resume claiming to have been an actual student. Down the line an instructor got pissy about the open japanese connection broke off and started hwarang do adding weapons in the process to try and hide its origin.

tl;dr it`s half assed JMA with falsified origins like all other KMA
>>
>>832881
Takeda had recorded the names of other korean nationals so no. But, that actually further hurts the claim.
>>
>>832627
its a mix of watered down judo and old tkd b4 wtf fucked everything
>>
>>832820
>As with everything korean the standard MO is to rip off something from Japan then claim it's an ancient korean tradation.
Maybe you're not interpreting that.
What if the ancient Korean tradition is to rip off something from Japan?
>>
>>834116
Funny story, the now extinct ancient korean martial arts that have verifiable and consistent presence are just chinese martial arts manuals. Their name, Gwonbeop/Kwonbop, is just korean for "quan fa". So yes, ripping things off from their neighbors is an ancient korean tradition.
>>
>>834131
Quan fa just means martial arts, retard.
>>
>>834478
Wushu means martial arts. Quan Fa means, loosely, "fist law". And none of this changes the fact that the old korean martial arts instruction manuals are seriously just chinese ones. I think it is you, sir, who is retarded and also mad that people are pointing out how Korea has never managed to move on from ripping things off their neighbors.
>>
>>834695
Considering they were effectively a vassal of China its not that surprising they would imitate them in most regards. That said most "native" Korean martial arts were wiped out by the Japanese, so arts claiming unbroken Korean routes are very suspect
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.